User Reviews for Flexeril

Learn more about Flexeril.

Flexeril review summary

6.5/10 Average Rating

Compare all 135 medications used in the treatment of Sciatica.

Reviews for Flexeril to treat Sciatica

Review by Irish7373:

Flexeril makes me so drowsy that I fall asleep before I can feel actual relief of pain and then I miss out on everything. The only good thing is that it relaxes me so that I'm not tense.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 2, 2014 10:18 PM

Review by Chuckie Rad:

It seems to be making me slightly drowsy. But I'm sure after a few days I wont feel anything.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 6, 2014 10:31 PM

Review by NNGray (taken for less than 1 month):

Well I was just prescribed Flexeril yeaterday for the pain I was experiencing from a L5-S1 herniated disc & Sciatica. It made me feel like a zombie about an hour & 1/2 after taking it. I took a shower and after getting out I had no strength in my arms or legs. Dry mouth & lower leg pains when laying in bed later. It did help with the pain but will be taking but 1/2 a pill AS NEEDED vs the 1-10 mg 3xs daily.

August 15, 2013 2:19 AM

I have two bulging discs L4/L5 and L3/L4 and herniated L5/S1 and pinched nerves. My hydrocodone wasn't enough, I started taking Flexeril twice a day and the pain reduced to almost nothing and the burning down my legs stopped from my pinched nerves. It doesn't last as long as I would like but it makes the day go by a lot easier and is definitely worth taking it.

116 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 23, 2013 10:02 PM

Review by Leslianna (taken for less than 1 month):

Has helped tremendously. I am taking 10mg twice a day plus a narcotic. I feel Great as long as I get enough sleep. Virtually no pain due to severe osteoarthritis.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 19, 2013 8:39 PM

Review by KRS of CA (taken for 10 years or more):

I have taken this medcation for years. When my sciatica acts up, I take two and Aleve and go to bed, within a few hours I start feeling better. It is not a pain killer--it is a muscle relaxer.

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 24, 2012 7:27 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Am now on Skelaxin 800mg. Flexeril wasn't as good as Skelaxin for me.

July 18, 2012 4:13 AM

Review by Franchase:

This was the first time I had ever taken cyclobenzaprine. I took one (1) 10mg on a Thursday evening about 6:30 pm, and all day the next day I felt slight confusion, loss of concentration and it felt like my head was in a fog. Did not help with pain but allowed me to get some much needed sleep.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 19, 2012 5:13 AM

Review by LarryLangley:

Brand Name works great. Does the job and not even noticeable to myself that I've taken it. It will make me sleepy once I lay down, but fully functional on this medication until then. I've taken this drug since 1992. Unfortunately can NOT find this medicine in Brand name.

July 25, 2011 4:24 AM

Review by Anne3399:

This has been a wonderful addition to the pain medicines, with enabling a reduction in pain medicines from using this to stop the spasms that irritated the nerves. With my nerves less irritated, I was more fun to be around!

March 31, 2011 4:47 PM

Flexeril and Percocet are the only medicines that help me out of pain with a herniated L5 dics and a pinched nerve.

November 3, 2010 11:46 PM

Dry mouth is a side effect that is most unpleasant

August 17, 2010 5:18 PM

I think it works for my sciatica but I'm unusually weak after I wake up.

November 26, 2009 3:18 PM

Review by Patrick1:

Too weak, acts slowly, I don't feel relaxed after taking it.

August 19, 2009 2:31 PM

Review by MikeJ:

First time I took Flexeril I slept 15 hours straight.

August 2, 2009 2:54 AM

This is my first time to use it. I take it as soon as I wake up and it does make a difference, but doesn't do a lot for the pain.

July 12, 2009 8:54 AM

I suffered horribly from sciatica. Flexeril helps loosen my leg and back. It helps with muscle spasms. I can tell before my leg is ready to lock up. I take Flexeril and in 20 minutes, it loosens up. With a combination of medicines and stretching, I am recovering.

April 6, 2009 8:57 PM

I agree with the previous person on this medication for sciatica. It does help you to sleep but does nothing for pain throughout the day.

January 12, 2009 1:14 PM

Flexeril does not really take away my pain, but it helps me relax and sleep. If you take too much, it will cause confusion.

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 7, 2008 1:46 AM