User Reviews for Flexeril

Learn more about Flexeril.

Flexeril Review Summary

6.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 133 medications used in the treatment of Sciatica.

Reviews for Flexeril to treat Sciatica

"Was prescribed this for severe Sciatica and piriformis inflammation. This drug did absolutely NOTHING other than knock me out for few hours of deep sleep every time am bad drowsiness. I was then able to find some SOMA which is a miracle pain killer drug by comparison. Even better than the Percosets without apparent side effects. Yet, the doctors are completely paranoid to prescribe it unlike this useless Flexeril. Just check out the reviews on both drugs and compare."

Vacr2638 May 30, 2015

"Flexeril makes me so drowsy that I fall asleep before I can feel actual relief of pain and then I miss out on everything. The only good thing is that it relaxes me so that I'm not tense."

Irish7373 October 2, 2014

"It seems to be making me slightly drowsy. But I'm sure after a few days I wont feel anything."

Chuckie Rad July 6, 2014

"Well I was just prescribed Flexeril yeaterday for the pain I was experiencing from a L5-S1 herniated disc & Sciatica. It made me feel like a zombie about an hour & 1/2 after taking it. I took a shower and after getting out I had no strength in my arms or legs. Dry mouth & lower leg pains when laying in bed later. It did help with the pain but will be taking but 1/2 a pill AS NEEDED vs the 1-10 mg 3xs daily."

NNGray (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2013

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have two bulging discs L4/L5 and L3/L4 and herniated L5/S1 and pinched nerves. My hydrocodone wasn't enough, I started taking Flexeril twice a day and the pain reduced to almost nothing and the burning down my legs stopped from my pinched nerves. It doesn't last as long as I would like but it makes the day go by a lot easier and is definitely worth taking it."

Anonymous May 23, 2013

153 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Has helped tremendously. I am taking 10mg twice a day plus a narcotic. I feel Great as long as I get enough sleep. Virtually no pain due to severe osteoarthritis."

Leslianna (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2013

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have taken this medcation for years. When my sciatica acts up, I take two and Aleve and go to bed, within a few hours I start feeling better. It is not a pain killer--it is a muscle relaxer."

KRS of CA (taken for 10 years or more) December 24, 2012

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Am now on Skelaxin 800mg. Flexeril wasn't as good as Skelaxin for me."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 18, 2012

"This was the first time I had ever taken cyclobenzaprine. I took one (1) 10mg on a Thursday evening about 6:30 pm, and all day the next day I felt slight confusion, loss of concentration and it felt like my head was in a fog. Did not help with pain but allowed me to get some much needed sleep."

Franchase February 19, 2012

"Brand Name works great. Does the job and not even noticeable to myself that I've taken it. It will make me sleepy once I lay down, but fully functional on this medication until then. I've taken this drug since 1992. Unfortunately can NOT find this medicine in Brand name."

LarryLangley July 25, 2011

"This has been a wonderful addition to the pain medicines, with enabling a reduction in pain medicines from using this to stop the spasms that irritated the nerves. With my nerves less irritated, I was more fun to be around!"

Anne3399 March 31, 2011

"Flexeril and Percocet are the only medicines that help me out of pain with a herniated L5 dics and a pinched nerve."

Anonymous November 3, 2010

"Dry mouth is a side effect that is most unpleasant"

Anonymous August 17, 2010

"I think it works for my sciatica but I'm unusually weak after I wake up."

Anonymous November 26, 2009

"Too weak, acts slowly, I don't feel relaxed after taking it."

Patrick1 August 19, 2009

"First time I took Flexeril I slept 15 hours straight."

MikeJ August 2, 2009

"This is my first time to use it. I take it as soon as I wake up and it does make a difference, but doesn't do a lot for the pain."

Anonymous July 12, 2009

"I suffered horribly from sciatica. Flexeril helps loosen my leg and back. It helps with muscle spasms. I can tell before my leg is ready to lock up. I take Flexeril and in 20 minutes, it loosens up. With a combination of medicines and stretching, I am recovering."

Anonymous April 6, 2009

"I agree with the previous person on this medication for sciatica. It does help you to sleep but does nothing for pain throughout the day."

Anonymous January 12, 2009

"Flexeril does not really take away my pain, but it helps me relax and sleep. If you take too much, it will cause confusion."

Anonymous November 7, 2008

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Learn more about Sciatica