User Reviews for Flexeril

Learn more about Flexeril.

Flexeril review summary

6.6/10 Average Rating

Compare all 37 medications used in the treatment of Muscle Spasm.

Reviews for Flexeril to treat Muscle Spasm

Review by stabee (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

I thought this was helping my back and sciatica. Today was my 4th day taking it and I have stomach pain so bad I am contemplating going to the emergency room. I can't keep any food down at all either. This is worse than the back/leg pain.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 16, 2014 2:40 PM
Review by Optional (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Was on Soma but VA took it away due to addictive possibilities. Didn't experience any of the withdrawals. In any case prescribed Flexeril and it was okay except for the side effects. Had severe difficulty urinating, then one would start it would just dribble out. Trying Robaxin next. Will update on how it works for me.

September 30, 2013 1:34 PM
Review by BeeGees (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Definitely relaxed my back muscles. The only odd side effect is a very, very, very strong hangover. I couldn't focus my eyes on one thing for more than a second. Caused me to sleep about 18 hours at a time.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 13, 2013 2:57 PM
Review by freednerd (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Helps with muscle pain and tension. Does cause drowsiness, but if you are hurting it is worth it. Take currently for Fibromyalgia when I am having a bad day. Can take small doses and function at work, but larger doses I will be asleep.

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 27, 2013 1:07 PM
Review by Sunshine9: User Rating:

I get muscle tightness and spasms often after workouts as a side effect of arthritis in my back & neck (which was diagnosed for me in 2011). Flexeril was prescribed for this problem. It works great, but here is my feedback. First few times I took it, it knocked me out. Had to lay down & sleep. Took awhile of taking it in smaller doses, where this effect went away. After 3 weeks of use, I started holding fluids really bad. So I no longer use it daily, only as desperately needed. Also causes constipation, so be prepared to add Fiber to your diet to help with that. When I do take it, I'm able to work out the problem areas in my neck (which bothers me the most) with sports cream rub, while on the Flexeril. I can definitely recommend!

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 3, 2013 3:01 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I tore my labrum in my left hip, doctor gave me Robaxin at 1st but didn't seem to work. I take 2 of these and 1 Vicodin and I feel much better. After surgery I will hopefully be able to get rid of these and get back to normal.

October 11, 2012 12:20 AM
Review by LillyF (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

This is the best muscle relaxer, in my opinion. I took a star off because it knocks me out cold. If I'm asleep, I'm not going to feel pain or spasms either way.

May 1, 2012 11:29 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I take Flexeril for muscle spasm related to bulged discs at L3-L4, L4-L5, and L5-S1. I get sciatica down both legs. I also have C6-C7 facet joint damage that catches and occasionally prevents me from turning my head to the left. I am highly resistant to narcotics and anesthetics, and take 10mg Flexeril during the day without any side effects. It allows me to function without letting the muscles lock up. It stops the pain cycle (pain=muscle tension=pain=muscle tension). When I take it at night, it quicly reduces the spasming. If the pain is severe, I take with narcotics for one night to force massive relaxation. This should be done with extreme caution tho - combining opiates and muscle relaxers can cause someone to stop breathing.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 15, 2012 11:25 PM
Review by angziety: User Rating:

The side effect that made me stop it was severe reflux. I would wake up from a dead sleep basically vomiting in my mouth and nearly choking on it. This happened nightly for weeks and I just couldn't tolerate it anymore. It does help a great deal with relaxing the muscles (and for pain). I also get insomnia from this while most people get drowsy.

February 15, 2012 2:55 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I took this when I pulled a muscle in my back and could no longer pick up my infant daughter. I took it in the middle of the day and it helped with the pain. Initially didn't make me sleepy but the next morning it was near impossible to wake up. It was that terrible "hang-over" feeling. It was the worst I've ever felt. I could hardly make myself wake up to get dressed and use the restroom. I laid around until almost 4pm the next day just because of pure lack of energy. Luckily I was only prescribed it for a week or so otherwise I'm sure I would have quit taking it because of the drowsiness after effect.

February 4, 2012 6:21 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Relaxed me. helped my problem.

January 15, 2012 10:30 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I have severe neck pain and muscle knots in my neck. I've been told by my doctor these knots are essentially small bone spurs that protrude into the muscle tissue which causes spasms. This is particularly bad when its damp or rainy. I was prescribed 10 mg of Flexeril. Overall, I'd say it works great with very few side effects. The only issue is some days 10mg doesn't seem to help very much. I have taken up to 15 mg (one-and-a-half) when the pain or knots are really bad. At the 10 mg dose I do NOT have any problems with being sleepy and take it during the work day all the time with no sleepiness. If I take it with a pain medicine it will make me drowsy. The sleepiness side effect seems to vary person to person.

December 22, 2011 5:14 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I was prescribed 10mg Flexeril after pulling an abdominal muscle which lead to spasms. The Flexeril made the pain and spasms stop but gave me severe dry mouth and made me so dizzy I couldn't get to sleep.

November 11, 2011 6:46 AM
Review by XmyXoneXandXonlyX: User Rating:

This medicine has greatly improved my quality of life with my spasms in my back!

October 11, 2011 11:02 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I had used this years ago when I had several dislocations of my shoulder. My recovery time was cut in half.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 7, 2011 12:34 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Works well for spasms in my trapezius muscles. However makes me lethargic for next 24 hrs.

October 1, 2011 12:04 AM

This has not helped in my neck condition. I went to the doctor and they put me on this. She diagnosed a strained trapezius muscle in spasms. This has been going on for 8 days now and no relief. I am planning to go to urgent care again tomorrow.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 4, 2011 1:12 AM
Review by TessaK: User Rating:

I'm on it for fibromyalgia and it helps me more than the antidepressants and Mirapex did, but doesn't totally erase my pain. A lot of people complain that it knocks them out, but I'm on 10mg a dose and it doesn't do that to me.

June 21, 2011 3:45 PM
Review by Loving Life Again: User Rating:

I am a 39 year old Male and injured my back and neck about 7 years ago in a terrible car accident. I have had a Spinal Fusion C5, C6, C7 and a Vertebralplasty T10, T11 and tried everything under the sun including Opiates for the pain. For the last year I have been managing my pain and muscle spasms with Flexiril once daily and Massage Therapy. The combination has been a life saver for me literally. My life has completely changed and I am now active and enjoying life again. I suggest you try Flexeril daily and get massage 2 to 4 times per month.

June 15, 2011 8:39 PM
Review by Cab420: User Rating:

I have been using different muscle relaxants for the last 3 years or so, and by far Flexeril is the strongest and lasts the longest. There's also Robaxin as well which I think is the weakest one of all the muscle relaxants.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 11, 2011 3:19 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I have severe muscle spasms due to anxiety and these stop them and also relax my muscles making me less nervous. After 20 mg I'm good to go.

April 21, 2011 3:51 AM
Review by Dorado1:

10 of 10. No side effects.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 11, 2011 9:02 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Flexeril: short-term memory loss and extremely vivid dreams were my side effects. I had muscle spasms for a week and began taking 10mg only at bedtime. It made me sleep long but not well, as I had very strange vivid dreams that kept waking me. I also found myself incredibly forgetful, forgot things within an hour. I thought I was losing my mind. I stopped taking it immediately, but after a week it's still in my system.

February 6, 2011 12:20 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I took Flexeril for my back and it did help, but it made me extremely tired and gave me bad cotton mouth. I would take it and be drowsy for 16 hours afterwards.

September 24, 2010 5:15 PM
Review by BeeGees: User Rating:

I took Flexeril because I had been feeling intense back muscle pain. I was told that it would make me sleepy and feel relaxed. I took it at 9:00pm thinking it was going to kick in quickly! I was wrong, 15 minutes later nothing! So I made dinner went online, then out of nowhere my neck felt heavy like I couldn't hold my head up and I stumbled to my bed. I saw the clock and it showed 11:00ish. I slept like a baby! Woke up feeling great the next day well rested and my back felt better.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 14, 2010 2:05 AM