User Reviews for Tizanidine

Also known as: Zanaflex

Learn more about Tizanidine.

Muscle Spasm 123 reviews 54 medications

7.4
Cluster Headaches 12 reviews 34 medications

6.9
Summary of Tizanidine reviews 135 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Tizanidine

For Muscle Spasm: "Life saver!!!! This muscle relaxer is beyond amazing!!!! I take 4mg at bed time and within 45 minutes I'm feeling complete relief and fall asleep!!! I don't take a full pull during the day because I literally can't walk straight or fully function after taking a full dose. Works awesome for a sleep aid too!"

anitsirhc1111 February 8, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "I have chronic pelvic pain of unknown origin. This medication reliably relaxes me and knocks me out enough to sleep. It also sedates me enough to have conversations I don't recall and to pass out mid-sentence. Needless to add, perhaps, I do not take it during the daytime. Like many users, it tends to wear off after about 4 hours and I find an additional dose doesn't promote longer sleep. The sleep I do get is so good that I can put up with the short duration. I am taking the 4mg tablet. A time release formulation would be ideal, I think."

Catewms February 5, 2016

Zanaflex (tizanidine) for Muscle Spasm: "Well, I really am satisfied w/this medicine. I take it combo w/my pain medication. I was in a car accident two years ago and aside from the pain meds helping me w/pain, this is what actually allows the muscles themselves able to relax so I can sleep better. The one I really can't stand is 'flexeril". I don't what the deal is w/that because of anything, it makes ALL of my extremeties "jump"...like restless leg, but restless EVERYWHERE...(the legs too). The big problem is actually I got a new pain dr., but he only believes in one muscle relaxer and that's baclofen, which does ansolutely NOTHING. His intern told me that I could take two at a time, and still nothing. "

booltr2 January 31, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "This does do nothing to me!! nothing!! I still have problems with the insomnia. It's not worth it ! I've taking the medicine for more than a year and nothing (tizanidine 4 mg...)"

monica022 January 23, 2016

Zanaflex (tizanidine) for Muscle Spasm: "I have been taking zanaflex for about 2 years. The best thing about this medicine is it helps me sleep and for me there is no grogginess in the morning. I'm totally alert. Not like with other muscle relaxants. However the medicine usually last about 3-4 hours so it's quite common to wake up in the middle of the night. I give it an 8 because it does work really well for me however I wish the effects would last a little longer to get a full nights rest and also because I can't take it in the day because it knocks me out.....cold."

MonkeyTech January 5, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "My doctor gave this to me for I had to get off my melicam for a month. 3 days into taking this medication I have had the worst nightmares ever, things that you couldn't even imagine to the point that I thought dead people where in my house and I'm talking to myself and my husband getting mad because I'm talking and screaming very loud in my sleep. Heart rate is very high, dropped my blood pressure just from 3 days. I would take some serious precautions when taking this medication. And I still don't know if it works or not the dreams scared me so bad that I think I'm cured...."

Scared too death December 15, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "I take the med for neck and back spasms... It works for me. The doctor prescribed it for 3xs a day. I definitely am glad he put me on it. Wonder drug"

Covergrl (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 3, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "Don't seem to work for me . If it does it's very subtle."

ronmigy (taken for less than 1 month) October 22, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "My doctor has just started me on Tizanidine. I can tell the difference already. I have already tried several different medicines for my lower back problems, but Tizanidine has eased the pain well enough for me to get to sleep at night and wake more rested in the morning."

Collettesense (taken for less than 1 month) September 9, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "I developed a muscle spasm in my neck while taking Lamictal. Eventually the spasm did not go away---it turned into an incredibly painful condition Dystonia. The spasm has displaced my jaw and disabled me from being able to work. After developing problems with Flexeril and Cogentin, I was switched to Tizanidine. What a wonderful difference. Though the spasm or pain never stops, it reduced my involuntary movements to the point where they are not obvious, and the pain is also reduced. No bad side effect besides tiredness."

solovei (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 17, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "My Pain Specialist prescribed this after multiple surgeries and diagnosis. I have the 4 mg table , but take 1 mg (the pills are scored into 1/4's) or more if needed. The 1 mg at bedtime helps to relax your muscles and you don't wait up exhausted. I have tried Soma, Flexeril, and Skelaxin the the past and Tizanidine works the best!"

Lavender Blue July 19, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "4mg at nite.........super effective. Did not have to take zolpidem or klonopin which I use as cocktail for sleep. Prescribed for my sleep issues and lower pack pain, general. mark gentile"

tuffmate965 July 11, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "I have been taking Tizanidine for about 8 months, having read about it in a medical publication. I have: Fibromyalgia caused by: A Chiari 1 malformation (no surgery), Adrenal Adenoma (excess Cortisol), Bilateral Peripheral Neuropathy, 6 damaged disks, Hiatal Hernia, Narrow Esophagus, Nervous/Acid Stomach, IBS (had), Severe Pain in upper leg muscles, tight hamstrings on legs (HAD/is effectively treated by medications), RLS, Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Sublaxity and Double Joints, POTS; vasoconstriction, Raynauds-like feet, see stars with hands over head, fluctuations in BP; Tizanadine taken at night, .2 mg dosage, will help me fall into a relaxing sleep with storybook type dreams. It compliments my other drugs well, IMO."

dcroc (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 14, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "While the effects of the back were helpful, the toll it took on my liver was not good. I have many separate symptoms: nausea, pale stool, right upper quadrant pain, elevated LFT, feeling tired, and sweating."

SnowWhiteDoll (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 21, 2015

For Cluster Headaches: "I've tried everything for my cluster headaches per my doctor with little success but this medication in combination with topamax seems to be *magic*!!! I feel like a new person! When I first went to my neurologist I was deeply depressed because a day didn't go by that I wasn't suffering from a headache and I would cry at night wishing that in the morning I wake up headache free. And for the first time in my life I am. I pray this doesn't change!!"

Ninasky212 May 16, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "I have been talking tizanidine for yrs,I have ms and all so 4 back surgeries, I have noticed lately when I take the meds about 10 to 15 minutes my feet go into spasm and the pain is intense, I take 8mg 3 times a day not sure what's happening with this med but something isn't working right."

joy19 May 5, 2015

Zanaflex (tizanidine) for Muscle Spasm: "I've been on these for about 8 years. They work good on low back pain, DJD and bulging disc on my neck. Along with other pain killers it works good, but don't drive while on them. They do make you sleepy fast and also they tend to lower your blood pressure and you will get dizzy standing up. You can get a good night sleep on them. I take one 4 mg 2 times a day."

egg plant (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 22, 2015

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "I take 8 mg a day. 2 mg morning and noon and 4 mg in the evening. Effective in spasm relieve and perfect for the night, before that I was constantly tired, but unable to rest at night of discomfort and pain in the neck. Now I am alive during the day with some exceptions, an hour after I take 2 mg pill I feel sleepy if I am relaxed. But if I am outside or active sleepiness goes away. That is not applied for 4 mg, after this does I am out."

miga April 20, 2015

Zanaflex (tizanidine) for Muscle Spasm: "I take this along with Baclofen to try and calm the tone and muscle spasms. Since adding the Xanaflex my muscle spasms don't last as long. However they do still occur quite frequently."

NicoleLynn615 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 18, 2015

Zanaflex (tizanidine) for Muscle Spasm: "So far so good."

loripnyl April 16, 2015

Zanaflex (tizanidine) for Muscle Spasm: "I first was given Zanaflex about 14 years ago. I had had lower back surgery and some time later started taking it for muscle spasms, with me not playing with muscle relaxers, afraid of damaging my heart, because your heart is a muscle..therefore, I'm real careful with taking relaxants. I love it, it helps alot..and since I'm much older, I'm even more careful. But recently I was in a car accident and hurt my neck and my left shoulder, I was given robaxin which is a skeletal relaxer/ muscle relaxer..it really helps with this new pain. But, I'm not taking the zanaflex and the robin for now. I give zanaflex a ten. It works Great! Hope I was able to help someone."

dailey61 (taken for 10 years or more) March 30, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "I have been in this med for years and while it helps, the side effects are awful. I hallucinate, sleep walk, carry on lucid conversations, eat (that's the worst one!) and by morning I'm in pain again. There has got to be something better than this! Even Soma was better but the lucid conversations, answering the phone and answering the door was something that couldn't continue either. I've been off of the tizanidine for 2 weeks now and all of the Side effects stopped but I can't take the pain!"

Ivygirl0 (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 27, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "It helps with my nerve pain but it does put me to sleep for a couple hours."

dallasann March 10, 2015

Zanaflex (tizanidine) for Muscle Spasm: "Prescribed after 4th lumbar fusion fail. Helps with sleeping in a painful condition"

Anonymous February 12, 2015

Zanaflex (tizanidine) for : "I'm an active 51-year-old female with severe neck pain, esp. on the right, and probably from playing too many games on Android. I have had trigger point injections, facet blocks, PT, massage, TENS, daily heat therapy, and a host of meds over the past several months. I also take Norco regularly. Soma did not help the neck pain. But this Zanaflex works very well to alleviate the neck pain quickly. I only take it if I don't have to drive (or be social) because of the dry mouth and grogginess. My brother, 29, takes it for his back pain and swears by it, too. I just wish I could get rid of the neck pain. I think it's also improved with my new exercise program: 30 mins on the elliptical, stretches, crunches, and leg lifts, then machines."

rocnrlr (taken for less than 1 month) February 10, 2015