User Reviews for Robaxin

Learn more about Robaxin.

Muscle Spasm 26 reviews 55 medications

6.4
Opiate Withdrawal 2 reviews 11 medications

Tetanus 0 reviews 19 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Robaxin reviews 28 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Robaxin

Review by The Rose (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Muscle Spasm: This has been the only med that I have used in the last 20 years I have suffered from back, neck and arm pain. I had two back surgeries that helped but not long term. Pain meds did not help much and having a heart problem that prevented any surgery unless it was a life or death/, no muscle relaxers worked if I could use them......and the strong ones they would let me have them for few a month so I could get some relief. Pain was so bad I was not eating and drinking enough....which sent me to the ER with my Blood pressure bottomed out. So they put me on this medication and I have more good days than bad. I sleep, and back tending to my over all health. THANKS

June 21, 2014 3:55 PM

Review by Daveo76 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Muscle Spasm: Helped me the first day. Used for shoulder and neck. Increased range of motion.

March 24, 2014 1:38 AM

Review by Cops1476:

For Muscle Spasm: Was prescribed Robaxin for muscle spasm after Vicodin failed to help. Although the Robaxin eliminated the muscle spasms I had nausea, lack of appetite, and insomnia.

January 20, 2014 7:26 AM

Review by 500mg:

For Muscle Spasm: I have lower back spasms and sciatic nerve pain. Usually I can function with Tylenol and stretching but this time was pretty bad. The doc prescribed Robaxin and it helps me sleep through the pain and function through the day without being too foggy. The side effects I have noticed are feeling feverish and my thigh muscles have been twitching pretty much non stop, but it's not painful. So far the pros outweigh the cons.

August 21, 2013 9:15 PM

Review by this 17 year old (taken for less than 1 month):

For Muscle Spasm: I have recently had back surgery. I am 17, used to be a track athlete and happen to have a lot of right leg spams. So far I took the Robaxin once. I am prescribed 2 x 750mgs every 6 hours but that dosage I learned shortly was wayyyyy to much. Ended up so dizzy I threw up. So if anyone is wondering don't take 2 if pain is minor and in one area.

August 2, 2013 4:22 AM

Review by 3.14R:

For Muscle Spasm: After breaking my back three times, I ended up with ankylosing spondylitis, scoliosis and kyphosis. All major degenerative spinal diseases and cause for great endless pain. Coping is the hard part. I have been on Oxycontin, morphine and several other neural analgesics. All these did was make me nauseous, constipated and robbed me of at least 20 IQ points. Shear tenacity and methocarbamol has given me control over chronic pain with minimal ingestion 500 mg for three days. If I'm still good, carry on till required again maybe in a week or two. Best part I got most of my marbles back again. It has taken 10 years of medicines to finally find methocarbamol and thanks to it I can cope.

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 15, 2013 11:23 PM

Review by SMBRODY:

For Muscle Spasm: I have very good luck with this as a pain reliever but the muscle relaxant part works a little too well. I mean a 500mg pill will knock me out for 18 hours. and 1000-1500 mg if the recommended daily dose. I have recently been taking 1/4 dose. (125mg) about 2 hours before bed and it still knocks me out for at least 12 hours. Then I wake up in the morning with hangover like symptoms, light and sound sensitivity, splitting headache, dry mouth. On the plus side at least I sleep.

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 3, 2013 1:37 PM

Review by islandgirlPR (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Muscle Spasm: I've been on Robaxin since 3/11 when I suffered neck/shoulder injury/trauma and a compression fracture in my lower back due to an auto accident. I take it in conjunction with Lortab 10/500 for muscle spasms and pain. It has helped with pain relief. I can continue to drive for work which I drive in excess of 25,000 miles per year. It seems to have little if any side effects.

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 3, 2013 2:20 PM

Review by Getz (taken for less than 1 month):

For Muscle Spasm: My doctor prescribed me this for muscle spasms in my neck and through my right shoulder/arm. And by the time I was able to take it - -the spasms had quit on their own. I never threw out the meds and recently my spasms started back up again -which they do on occasion. My spasms are severe - - literally preventing me from being functional for upwards of 3 days. Robaxin actually works and releases a lot of the stress and pain from my spasms. Only downside is it takes upwards of an hour and a half or longer for me to feel the effects. Zero noticeable side-effects besides some mild drowsiness, which is no biggy. Helps me sleep at night through the pain. I'd recommend this medicine.

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 1, 2013 4:38 AM

Review by randomnameattempt (taken for 10 years or more):

For Muscle Spasm: I'm an aging jock. I have many old injuries, but take Robaxin primarily for spinal pain - (L1-L2-L3) disk problems. I start dosing 3 days before I am scheduled to do something stupid, dose through the activity, then wind down for a day or two later. It makes my 60 y.o. body work like a 30 y.o. Unfortunately, that doesn't always work out so well, but with an NSAID like Naproxin Sodium, and a muscle relaxant like methocarb, I can stay immature for many more years. I find my only side effects come from playing too hard. I have experienced no other ones.

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 28, 2012 1:43 PM

For Opiate Withdrawal: It's a miracle pill! I would have not been able to break the habit, if it were not for methocarbomal! It really does work! For me the worst part of withdrawal is the pain in the bones (the feeling that your bones want to jump out of your skin). This medication along with Suboxone for me, has almost completely eliminated that pain! I take 2 x 750 or 3 500mg every 6 hours right before I take my Suboxone. Thank you, to whoever has made this pill. NOTE: when I wasn't going through withdrawal the medication had no type of reaction on me.

164 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 27, 2012 5:18 PM

Review by Sweeter Than Rain (taken for less than 1 month):

For Muscle Spasm: It made me want to crawl out of my own skin! Constant jumping legs and strange sensations all over my body. No sleep whatsoever. Maybe I am allergic.

August 25, 2012 11:53 AM

Review by LillyF (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Muscle Spasm: Not as good as Flexeril or Baclofen, but it's better than nothing.

May 1, 2012 11:30 AM

For Opiate Withdrawal: Helped with cramping from opiate withdrawals for me!

125 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 17, 2012 9:03 AM

Review by Adias76:

For Muscle Spasm: Was given this medication for degenerative disc disease and muscle spasms. I only take it at night, because it has heavy sedative effects. i.e. I take it at 7:00 pm, go to bed and if I wake up at 10:30 to use the bathroom I feel like I'm drunk, stumbling and uncoordinated. Makes you sleep through, unfortunately didn't do much to help the pain, still wake up with pain in my back.

February 8, 2012 8:26 PM

For Muscle Spasm: I have been in pain for years. Surgery 17 years ago, I'm only 39, that has left my back a degenerating mess. I found the right doctor who explained my back scans, remarking that I should be in extreme pain ALWAYS. Yeah, it's gotten there. Robaxin to the rescue! So far it's great. I think I need more frequent dosing. 1500mg per day prescribed. I'm taking 2250 (3 pills). It makes me feel nausea, yet allows me to get to my new job and work without an embarrassing spasm. Mine are BAD, so this medicine is helping.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 5, 2012 3:25 PM

For Muscle Spasm: Somehow I managed to pinch a nerve in my right neck/shoulder area and it has been causing shooting pains from the shoulder to the thumb, numbing of the thumb, and occasional spasms in the shoulder area. The Robaxin has helped in a dramatic way, not 100% but definitely 75-80% better.

December 24, 2011 3:41 PM

For Muscle Spasm: I take Robaxin so that I can stay awake and alert in the daytime, and do more with less pain. I'm on Paracetamol, gabapentin and morphine. If I up the doses of these I become unconscious but if I take Robaxin at night, it helps me sleep. Odd. Not sure of side effects as I have so many from the other medicines. A balancing act of trial and error is needed but well worth getting rid of the pain for a while.

August 24, 2011 11:05 PM

Review by TrekWhoFan:

For Muscle Spasm: Robaxin helped me for the first couple of weeks after I stopped using Soma. Now,..not at all.

July 28, 2011 11:37 PM

For Muscle Spasm: I tried no less than 10 muscle relaxers for Fibromyalgia. This one was the only one that did the trick and left me with zero side effects.

138 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 2, 2010 3:57 PM

Review by Trixgin:

For Muscle Spasm: Another drug that does nothing for me at all. *sigh* I have fibromylgia and chronic back pain so I need a drug with some kick to it...this one does NOT.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 23, 2010 2:04 PM

I have had a couple of automobile related auto accidents over the years that have caused severe spinal issues. 1 cervical laminectamy, two fusions and numerous procedures later spanning almost 2 decades. Robaxin is the one drug that I can count on for spasm relief. Over the years various doctors have tried to put me on other medicines but I always came back to the one that worked quickly and without fail.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 11, 2009 2:12 PM

For Muscle Spasm: This medicine has not helped me much with pain relief at all.

November 13, 2009 11:32 AM

For Muscle Spasm: Muscle spasms stopped in 3 days. Itching is the only side effect I experienced.

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 3, 2009 9:47 AM

Review by marrti:

For Muscle Spasm: Made me irritable.

September 14, 2009 4:52 PM