User Reviews for Valium

Status Epilepticus 0 reviews 18 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Valium reviews 105 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Valium

Review by AnxietyMike (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: I've been on just about every benzodiazapine there is and Valium (diazepam) is all around the best for combating debilitating anxiety symptoms. It may not be the most potent benzo, but it has wide and equal benzo effects including sedation, muscle relaxation, anxiolytic, anticonvulsant and can be used for insomnia. Now the main reason why Valium is the best is its extra long half life. It's effects can linger for days which is helpful if you have chronic anxiety. It also prevents those ups and downs short acting benzos cause like Xanax and Ativan. Another thing to note is withdrawal from Valium is by far the most mild out of ALL the benzos. This wonderful medication is an oldie but goodie.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 8, 2014 9:24 AM
Review by Jetted Out (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: Been taking diazepam for a while now, its been helping my everyday life. Since Valium, I've been more upbeat with reality. Only side effect I have is drowsiness.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 5, 2014 10:35 PM
Review by Muffin10a (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: I am taking 2mg three times a day for anxiety. The anxiety is much better now and I can go places without having panic attacks. I feel the best I have felt in a long time.

February 13, 2014 9:58 PM
Review by sid owen: User Rating:

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: Great for muscle spasms

February 5, 2014 9:27 AM
Review by bluecuda66 (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: Used it for 12 years and it was a life saver great medicine.

January 4, 2014 2:04 AM
Review by Wayne MCFC (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: Valium has been a lifesaver for me, I probably wouldn't be here without it. I suffer from severe anxiety, panic disorder and clinical depression. This has got me through some very bad times when I thought I was dying and couldn't cope. I take 10mg during bad spells and it gets me through.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 22, 2013 6:44 AM
Review by renee croft:

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: Very helpful with back injury & muscle spasms. No side effects that I'm aware of. My condition is severe, without it and other meds I still have restless poor sleep due to severe pain & spasms but I barely have no sleep or relief without it.

November 15, 2013 9:45 PM
Review by jovell: User Rating:

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: It really relieves my anxiety.

August 27, 2013 3:16 AM
Review by Liz1980 (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: All of my life I've had varying levels of social anxiety & agoraphobia, usually without any logical cause. Even riding in cars made me unduly nervous. I had a rough, fear-filled childhood and that seemed to set me up for chronic nervousness. But there's no room for that in adult life. Valium eliminates the unnecessary anxiety & also helps with muscle spasms from my fibromyalgia. I don't get fatigue from this during the day. I do find that taking one before bed helps me relax my 100-miles-per-hour brain (stupid racing thoughts & worries) plus my muscles don't get all kinked up in knots while I'm sleeping. I've never needed to increase my dose on it even after several years, since it works as well as the day I started it, personally.

107 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 20, 2013 10:52 AM
Review by KatRL31 (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: Have taken this with my other medicines prescribed. It actually works and if taken for a long time you need not just stop, you have to be weaned off.

August 8, 2013 4:40 PM
Review by Scotteboy:

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: I've experienced anxiety attack/panic attacks the last 2 years started off slow attacks then they started getting more frequent . Worried so much that I got rushed to hospital 3 times for over breathing . Anyway I work as a miner and so I have to fly a lot and because of my anxiety was getting worse i started getting attacks in the air that was freeking me out so I went to my doctor and he put me on 5mg of Valium and I tell you what I've never felt better just calms me down and relaxs me can't remember the last time I've had a panic attack its great :)

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 16, 2013 4:33 PM
Review by Ray1987 (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: Very effective against anxiety possibly the best.

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 15, 2013 4:08 PM
Review by pcush29 (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Valium (diazepam) for Meniere's Disease: I have had vertigo/Menieres' since 2003 and Valium seems to be the only medicine that helped me. It takes the edge off of the dizzy feeling the frustration that goes alone with it. My experience is different than most, in that I get dizzy when chopping veggies, washing dishes, sometimes driving on roads with hills (there aren't many where I live thank God!) But it comes and goes and happens almost every day. I think I would probably freak out if my doctor said I couldn't take it any more.

March 23, 2013 12:53 PM
Review by frogtoad (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: It really helps with my chronic pain I can walk on the treadmill with no hands for 40 min. I was taking it for something else but notice on the treadmill my bad hand just relaxed and let go.

March 18, 2013 4:12 PM
Review by brettrx (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: I'm 36, have social anxiety, GAD, TMJ, fibromyalgia, muscle spasms, cluster headaches, & herniated vertebrae. I've taken everything, including 12 years on a high dose of Xanax. After finally convincing a doc to prescribe me Valium, I felt like a different person. It kicks in FAST, but Its long half-life prevents that awful anxiety rebound effect. I find that Valium has a powerful (yet feels gentle) calmative effect on the body as well- which is absolutely wonderful when my muscles & joints are tight. Valium is hands down the best benzo anti-anxiety medication out there.

120 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 9, 2013 5:51 AM
Review by InSoMuchPain: User Rating:

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: It gives me rapid relief of my muscle spasms starting within 10 minutes. It's the only 'as needed' medication I know of, whereas the others I've been prescribed are 'take at scheduled times' meaning they have slow bioavailability and one may be taking unneccessary doses.

January 26, 2013 1:16 PM
Review by 4764lisa (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Valium (diazepam) for Temporomandibular Joint Disorder: Starting taking Valium for nightmares. Yes, it stopped the nightmares, but the next morning was the first time I didn't wake up with a headache in 36 years. I clench my teeth at night, so they pulled ALL my top teeth out and all but 9 bottom teeth out 12 years ago. I still woke up with a headache every day. Now, to learn that all I needed was a little Valium for 36 years! I have 9 teeth left! The Valium works wonders, take my word for it.

January 6, 2013 4:07 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: I began taking Valium from doctors in 1968 or 1969 when I was in the Vietnam War and experienced a great deal of combat which affected me very much. It helped. I have been taking Valium for decades. It increases irritability greatly probably because of head wounds that caused brain damage. 1000 to 1200mg Carbamazepine stops or reduces the irritability. Unfortunately, the combination of the two medicines causes tiredness.

December 15, 2012 10:04 PM
Review by serotorch (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: I have benign recurrent vertigo and migraine-associated vertigo. Both are a source of extreme anxiety for me, and that anxiety makes the spinning worse. Valium (2.5mg as needed) calms the anxiety within 15 or so minutes, and the vertigo tends to leave soon afterwards. I have had no side effects, save for being very hungry the day after I take it. It gave me my life back.

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 29, 2012 7:55 PM
Review by bobweezl (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: I have been put on Valium to relieve the muscle spasms and aches due to the reduction of Prednisone, which I have been taking for a long period of time (26 years). Anyway this reduction of Prednisone has caused me quite a bit of muscle spasms, muscle aches, and muscle pain. The 10 mg of Valium relieves the muscle spasms and achiness. I feel the Valium is a God send for my relief. I take one 10-mg tab of Valium every morning when I wake up, as that is when the muscle pain is most severe. The Valium is effective in relieving the effects of the tapering down of my Prednisone level. Valium works very well for me. I rate the Valium a 10 in my relief!

September 4, 2012 3:40 PM
Review by Old Soldier (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: When I returned from my second tour in Vietnam in 1971, I was a "mess" mentally. My diagnosis was/is Generalized Anxiety Disorder. After trying various medicines, my psychiatrist settled on 10MG Valium three times a day. Although certain circumstances will still make me anxious, they are limited and my normal life is fine. Has worked for 41 years! Thank you Valium!

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 17, 2012 11:01 AM
Review by ellebi (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: Life Saviour when it comes to severe anxiety and panic attacks.

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 26, 2012 9:56 AM
Review by Mikeymike420 (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: This is the best anti-anxiety medicine there is. It doesn't leave you with more anxiety if you don't take your next dose due to the long half life. Xanax and Ativan for example have short half lives so you feel terrible in a few hours. Stick to good old fashioned Valium for Anxiety.

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 6, 2012 5:56 PM
Review by RA PAIN (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: I find brand Valium has a significantly higher improvement success. But with the cost difference I have to get what I can afford sadly. When I had better insurance I could get brand.

May 15, 2012 10:42 AM
Review by Big Mike Valium: User Rating:

Valium (diazepam) for Light Sedation: Very pleasant in a variety of doses.

April 26, 2012 8:56 PM