User Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine

Also known as: Amrix, Comfort Pac with Cyclobenzaprine, Fexmid, Flexeril

Learn more about Cyclobenzaprine.

Chronic Myofascial Pain 3 reviews 43 medications

6.6
Summary of Cyclobenzaprine reviews 211 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Muscle Spasm: It worked great at first but over time its effects diminished. The only thing it really does now is make me tired, I guess I've been on it too long. I would still recommend it for short term use.

November 15, 2014 11:28 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: Made me sleep constantly. Did not stop spasms or pain

November 11, 2014 1:35 AM

Review by LouAnnP (taken for less than 1 month):

For Muscle Spasm: Works very well. My doc said as well that it's only safe for 3 weeks at a time, for flare ups not everyday use. It works very well.

October 13, 2014 12:04 AM

Review by Gaia1:

For Sciatica: Great for the actual issue (sciatica pain) but side effect on me was severe night cramp in both calf muscles and 'hangover' the following day. Stopped taking them - leg cramps were worse than the back pain.

October 8, 2014 6:10 PM

Review by Irish7373:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Sciatica: Flexeril makes me so drowsy that I fall asleep before I can feel actual relief of pain and then I miss out on everything. The only good thing is that it relaxes me so that I'm not tense.

October 2, 2014 10:18 PM

Review by stashio (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Muscle Spasm: Perfect for severe up upper back muscle pain and spasms. I could barely stand by the end of a typical work day. Flexeril has made it possible to work and be more comfortable and able to enjoy life. Only side effects I've noticed is slight irritability, dry mouth, and only drowsiness when taken in a large dose or at the end of the day. Dosage is 10mg x 3 times daily. Usually one on my first work break, then 2 on my last break. Typically takes 1.5 hours to 2 hours to kick in so the timing is perfect. Able to enjoy life again, besides being stuck in be all the time.

October 2, 2014 12:30 AM

Review by hayley b (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Migraine: I get a couple of migraines a month. Not sure if they are aggravated by hormones, stress or sinus pressure, probably a combination. Regardless I always have throbbing pain on one side of my head along with tight muscles through the neck and shoulder. Cyclobenzoprine is all that works. About 30 min after taking it I can feel the tension in my head and eyes lift. What a life saver after years of pain. I always back it up with an ibuprofen too. The ibuprofen alone barely touches it.

August 19, 2014 9:03 PM

Review by Patrilia (taken for less than 1 month):

For Muscle Spasm: I went to the doctor this week for what I thought was a pinched nerve that caused shoulder pain. She determined that it was muscle strain (trapezius) and prescribed 10mg to be taken twice daily as needed. I took one in the afternoon on Thursday and another Wednesday morning. I ended up sleeping the entire day (except for getting up to make lunch for the kids). Later in the evening I started to feel very weak in my limbs (sort of like when you're getting over a really bad flu where you've been laid up in bed for days). I also started to feel impaired - dizzy, lightheaded, just out of it. The next day I didn't have the limpness, but I still had the lightheadedness and my calves were achy - maybe from too much sleep.

July 24, 2014 5:25 PM

Review by Chuckie Rad:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Sciatica: It seems to be making me slightly drowsy. But I'm sure after a few days I wont feel anything.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 6, 2014 10:31 PM

Review by McSadie:

For Sciatica: 10mg at bedtime was like a miracle for me. I could finally sleep and the pain was almost gone for the next 3 days.

June 22, 2014 4:35 AM

Review by mlb70 (taken for 10 years or more):

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: I found this medication does not work at all

June 18, 2014 9:16 AM

Review by ja9 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Muscle Spasm: I was prescribed this about 2 years ago. I have numbness and pain at night in my arm's that keep waking me up. Lots of tension headaches muscle pain and spasms during the day. I took 1 pill at night and 1 half during the day and it worked great. But I started to get severe redness and heat in my face. Stopped Flexeril and it went away. Only take if absolutely necessary and not more then 2 days back to back. Redness comes back.

May 22, 2014 9:11 PM

Review by Working Man (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: I find Flexeril 'tops' for killing muscle pain associated with spasm, knots and/or injury. Compared to Valium (which I also have) the Flexeril does a better job for the actual pain & spasm. However, Flexeril does have heavy side effects which could discourage first time users: - Dry mouth and eyes. - A 'tight feeling' of the upper chest & bronchioles (very similar to what a high dose of Benadryl does). - Slightly blurry vision. - A substantial drowsiness which, for me, occurs about 4 hours after taking the dose. It becomes a struggle to stay awake. Definitely never go above the recommended dose - because of the harsh side effects.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 16, 2014 11:30 PM

Review by fayfaith (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: It really does work and helps me to relax so I can rest & sleep. And I've taken it for off & on for several years! I have arthritis, pinched nerves, muscle spasms & a lot more elements. IT WORKS. But what works for one might not work for another. Best wishes to everyone!

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 11, 2014 11:11 PM

Review by stabee (taken for less than 1 month):

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: I thought this was helping my back and sciatica. Today was my 4th day taking it and I have stomach pain so bad I am contemplating going to the emergency room. I can't keep any food down at all either. This is worse than the back/leg pain.

April 16, 2014 2:40 PM

Review by Moose78:

For Muscle Spasm: Dry mouth, tremors, but no other significant side effects.

March 23, 2014 5:14 PM

Review by PattyP11 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: Amrix did nothing for tight muscles. No side effects but no effects period.

February 16, 2014 7:31 PM

Review by Buni (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for : I have had great difficulty sleeping (staying asleep) for years and years and the only thing that really works to help me get a good night sleep and also help with my fibromyalgia is Flexeril. I take 5 mg most nights and on occasion possibly 8 mg (breaking the 10 mg) and sleep like a baby with no painful muscle cramps in legs and come completely awake in the mornings with a cup of coffee. The wonderful thing about Flexeril is that it also relaxes the MIND which can keep a person awake for hours thinking and rethinking "to-do" lists as well as other anxious thoughts. I have taken it for a long time and have no adverse side effects.

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 16, 2014 7:56 AM

Review by GrinNBearIt (taken for less than 1 month):

For Sciatica: I would rather endure the pain. This knocked me down for 2 whole days. I took a half because I did not know how my body world react. I slept for 2 days, only getting up to use the bathroom and get a drink of water. If you are sensitive to medications, as I am, I would not suggest this. How did it do with the pain? It was still there when I finally woke up, it wan't as severe but it was still there.

January 22, 2014 9:57 AM

Review by FINALLY 42/now 53 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Chronic Myofascial Pain: Have Lumbar tear lots of nerve damage but finally having nerves in back fused, etc. Went from a HIGH 10-7 to WOW 7-4, I have chronic severe PAIN & take 10mg NORCO 5 daily which doesn't relieve at all the constant SPASMS through out my body! You CAN'T SLEEP! body just spasms to where you just can't sleep! I tried a 10 mg cyclobenzaprine, this also knocks me out but WELL WORTH IT; this was the first time I slept for a straight 8hrs since. I've been unable to find any medications to help till Christmas. I ran short on pain med & started taking 800 mg of ibuprofen (prescription) which is a MIRACLE I FEEL I'VE FINALLY FOUND THE PROPER MIXTURE & I'm able to say I've not been this alive since 2002!

January 13, 2014 5:09 AM

Review by Indianagirl73:

For Migraine: I had a terrible migraine and took 1/2 of a 5mg. It worked great. Yes, it knocked me out for about 12hrs but that was a small price to pay in order to get rid of the pain. It just works different for people. My boyfriend takes a 10mg for back spasms and he can barely tell he took one. He is a little under 200 lbs and I'm about 140lbs. I do not take this medication on a regular basis. Maybe twice a month if that.

January 2, 2014 2:15 AM

Review by Dr Micheal (taken for less than 1 month):

For Chronic Myofascial Pain: With Percocet 10mg.

December 24, 2013 3:19 PM

Review by finally dx'd (taken for less than 1 month):

For Fibromyalgia: After years of suffering a Rheumatologist finally diagnosed fibromyalgia. He prescribed Flexeril 5 mg. at bedtime. I had forgotten what it feels like to actually be rested in the morning! MUCH less pain the next day as well as not waking up to spasms during the night. The only problem I have with it is constipation, but I started Forteo injections for osteoporosis at the same time which can also be constipating, so I can't blame the Flexeril entirely.

November 20, 2013 6:10 PM

Review by harveykay:

For Temporomandibular Joint Disorder: I was given Flexeril to take at bedtime for TMJ morning headaches and ear pain. I cannot tell if it helps because I have nightmares when I take it. The dreams are so very vivid...

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 12, 2013 3:47 PM

Review by whispers (taken for less than 1 month):

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for : Took for lower back pain. Definitely made me drowsy, dry mouth and throat. It did not relax me. I found myself tightening the muscles all over my body to compensate for feeling so tired and weak to be able to move, stand and walk with the pain. Did nothing for the pain and was so drowsy I had difficulty focusing through it to function. I did lay down to try to relax and breath through and ended up passing out for over 4 hours. I guess it was good to get some rest but not having a choice about it...very uncomfortable with that idea.

November 12, 2013 1:44 AM