User Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine

Also known as: Amrix, Comfort Pac with Cyclobenzaprine, Fexmid, Flexeril

Learn more about Cyclobenzaprine.

Chronic Myofascial Pain 3 reviews 43 medications

Muscle Spasm 123 reviews 55 medications

Summary of Cyclobenzaprine reviews 204 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine

Review by Patrilia (taken for less than 1 month):

For Muscle Spasm: I went to the doctor this week for what I thought was a pinched nerve that caused shoulder pain. She determined that it was muscle strain (trapezius) and prescribed 10mg to be taken twice daily as needed. I took one in the afternoon on Thursday and another Wednesday morning. I ended up sleeping the entire day (except for getting up to make lunch for the kids). Later in the evening I started to feel very weak in my limbs (sort of like when you're getting over a really bad flu where you've been laid up in bed for days). I also started to feel impaired - dizzy, lightheaded, just out of it. The next day I didn't have the limpness, but I still had the lightheadedness and my calves were achy - maybe from too much sleep.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 24, 2014 5:25 PM

Review by Chuckie Rad:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Sciatica: It seems to be making me slightly drowsy. But I'm sure after a few days I wont feel anything.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 6, 2014 10:31 PM

Review by McSadie:

For Sciatica: 10mg at bedtime was like a miracle for me. I could finally sleep and the pain was almost gone for the next 3 days.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 22, 2014 4:35 AM

Review by mlb70 (taken for 10 years or more):

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: I found this medication does not work at all

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 18, 2014 9:16 AM

Review by ja9 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Muscle Spasm: I was prescribed this about 2 years ago. I have numbness and pain at night in my arm's that keep waking me up. Lots of tension headaches muscle pain and spasms during the day. I took 1 pill at night and 1 half during the day and it worked great. But I started to get severe redness and heat in my face. Stopped Flexeril and it went away. Only take if absolutely necessary and not more then 2 days back to back. Redness comes back.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 22, 2014 9:11 PM

Review by Working Man (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: I find Flexeril 'tops' for killing muscle pain associated with spasm, knots and/or injury. Compared to Valium (which I also have) the Flexeril does a better job for the actual pain & spasm. However, Flexeril does have heavy side effects which could discourage first time users: - Dry mouth and eyes. - A 'tight feeling' of the upper chest & bronchioles (very similar to what a high dose of Benadryl does). - Slightly blurry vision. - A substantial drowsiness which, for me, occurs about 4 hours after taking the dose. It becomes a struggle to stay awake. Definitely never go above the recommended dose - because of the harsh side effects.

May 16, 2014 11:30 PM

Review by fayfaith (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: It really does work and helps me to relax so I can rest & sleep. And I've taken it for off & on for several years! I have arthritis, pinched nerves, muscle spasms & a lot more elements. IT WORKS. But what works for one might not work for another. Best wishes to everyone!

May 11, 2014 11:11 PM

Review by stabee (taken for less than 1 month):

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: I thought this was helping my back and sciatica. Today was my 4th day taking it and I have stomach pain so bad I am contemplating going to the emergency room. I can't keep any food down at all either. This is worse than the back/leg pain.

April 16, 2014 2:40 PM

Review by Moose78:

For Muscle Spasm: Dry mouth, tremors, but no other significant side effects.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 23, 2014 5:14 PM

Review by PattyP11 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: Amrix did nothing for tight muscles. No side effects but no effects period.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 16, 2014 7:31 PM

Review by Buni (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for : I have had great difficulty sleeping (staying asleep) for years and years and the only thing that really works to help me get a good night sleep and also help with my fibromyalgia is Flexeril. I take 5 mg most nights and on occasion possibly 8 mg (breaking the 10 mg) and sleep like a baby with no painful muscle cramps in legs and come completely awake in the mornings with a cup of coffee. The wonderful thing about Flexeril is that it also relaxes the MIND which can keep a person awake for hours thinking and rethinking "to-do" lists as well as other anxious thoughts. I have taken it for a long time and have no adverse side effects.

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 16, 2014 7:56 AM

Review by GrinNBearIt (taken for less than 1 month):

For Sciatica: I would rather endure the pain. This knocked me down for 2 whole days. I took a half because I did not know how my body world react. I slept for 2 days, only getting up to use the bathroom and get a drink of water. If you are sensitive to medications, as I am, I would not suggest this. How did it do with the pain? It was still there when I finally woke up, it wan't as severe but it was still there.

January 22, 2014 9:57 AM

Review by FINALLY 42/now 53 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Chronic Myofascial Pain: Have Lumbar tear lots of nerve damage but finally having nerves in back fused, etc. Went from a HIGH 10-7 to WOW 7-4, I have chronic severe PAIN & take 10mg NORCO 5 daily which doesn't relieve at all the constant SPASMS through out my body! You CAN'T SLEEP! body just spasms to where you just can't sleep! I tried a 10 mg cyclobenzaprine, this also knocks me out but WELL WORTH IT; this was the first time I slept for a straight 8hrs since. I've been unable to find any medications to help till Christmas. I ran short on pain med & started taking 800 mg of ibuprofen (prescription) which is a MIRACLE I FEEL I'VE FINALLY FOUND THE PROPER MIXTURE & I'm able to say I've not been this alive since 2002!

January 13, 2014 5:09 AM

Review by Indianagirl73:

For Migraine: I had a terrible migraine and took 1/2 of a 5mg. It worked great. Yes, it knocked me out for about 12hrs but that was a small price to pay in order to get rid of the pain. It just works different for people. My boyfriend takes a 10mg for back spasms and he can barely tell he took one. He is a little under 200 lbs and I'm about 140lbs. I do not take this medication on a regular basis. Maybe twice a month if that.

January 2, 2014 2:15 AM

Review by Dr Micheal (taken for less than 1 month):

For Chronic Myofascial Pain: With Percocet 10mg.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 24, 2013 3:19 PM

Review by finally dx'd (taken for less than 1 month):

For Fibromyalgia: After years of suffering a Rheumatologist finally diagnosed fibromyalgia. He prescribed Flexeril 5 mg. at bedtime. I had forgotten what it feels like to actually be rested in the morning! MUCH less pain the next day as well as not waking up to spasms during the night. The only problem I have with it is constipation, but I started Forteo injections for osteoporosis at the same time which can also be constipating, so I can't blame the Flexeril entirely.

November 20, 2013 6:10 PM

Review by harveykay:

For Temporomandibular Joint Disorder: I was given Flexeril to take at bedtime for TMJ morning headaches and ear pain. I cannot tell if it helps because I have nightmares when I take it. The dreams are so very vivid...

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 12, 2013 3:47 PM

Review by whispers (taken for less than 1 month):

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for : Took for lower back pain. Definitely made me drowsy, dry mouth and throat. It did not relax me. I found myself tightening the muscles all over my body to compensate for feeling so tired and weak to be able to move, stand and walk with the pain. Did nothing for the pain and was so drowsy I had difficulty focusing through it to function. I did lay down to try to relax and breath through and ended up passing out for over 4 hours. I guess it was good to get some rest but not having a choice about it...very uncomfortable with that idea.

November 12, 2013 1:44 AM

Review by The Dude1:

For Fibromyalgia: I can't stay awake, and I'm still in pain. I'm very sensitive to all drugs tho. I was taking the 5mg.

November 2, 2013 4:10 PM

Review by always in pain everyday:

For Chronic Myofascial Pain: I'm on Flexeril generic brand for muscle spasms l take 5mg three times a day and it's not helping me at all it barely knicks my pain does anyone know what does work cause l need something a lot stronger

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 2, 2013 4:05 AM

Review by Jefnrf8386 (taken for less than 1 month):

Comfort Pac with Cyclobenzaprine (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: I broke out in a bright red rash on my face. Was very irritable and dizzy. Was extremely hot and suffered a lot of confusion.

October 6, 2013 1:08 AM

Review by mommaof2xx (taken for less than 1 month):

For Muscle Spasm: I have taken this a few times, for muscle spasms- due to whiplash and other injuries over the years. I am currently prescribed it once more for a pulled gluteal muscle, but this time I am only on 5 mg once a day at night, for two weeks. 10 mg simply knocks me out and leaves me feeling completely hungover and drained the next day. I gave it a 9 because sometimes it wakes me up with horrid dry mouth and it takes me a little longer to fully wake up in the morning.

October 3, 2013 5:58 PM

Review by Optional (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: Was on Soma but VA took it away due to addictive possibilities. Didn't experience any of the withdrawals. In any case prescribed Flexeril and it was okay except for the side effects. Had severe difficulty urinating, then one would start it would just dribble out. Trying Robaxin next. Will update on how it works for me.

September 30, 2013 1:34 PM

Review by NNGray (taken for less than 1 month):

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Sciatica: Well I was just prescribed Flexeril yeaterday for the pain I was experiencing from a L5-S1 herniated disc & Sciatica. It made me feel like a zombie about an hour & 1/2 after taking it. I took a shower and after getting out I had no strength in my arms or legs. Dry mouth & lower leg pains when laying in bed later. It did help with the pain but will be taking but 1/2 a pill AS NEEDED vs the 1-10 mg 3xs daily.

August 15, 2013 2:19 AM

Review by kris79 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Sciatica: This medicine isn't working for my sciatica. Makes me irritable but no other side effects or relief from pain.

August 12, 2013 3:54 AM