User Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine

Also known as: Amrix, Comfort Pac with Cyclobenzaprine, Fexmid, Flexeril

Learn more about Cyclobenzaprine.

Fibromyalgia 35 reviews 20 medications

Chronic Myofascial Pain 5 reviews 42 medications

5.8
Summary of Cyclobenzaprine reviews 288 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "This drug is OK for short term but long term after second car accident severe stomach pain. I would take it and stomach would start making noise. Horrible nausea follow, researched and found it is cheapest muscle relaxers. My opinion there is bad stuff in those things, currently taking Soma and no side effects even when taken for same time frame: taken longer too."

Mr2NotAtFaults (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 30, 2016

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "I was prescribed flexeril 10 mg twice a day as needed after experiencing lower back pain resulting from epidurals (I did not take this while I was pregnant or nursing). My discs would slip out of place and pinch the nerve(s) in my back causing me great pain. I would get adjusted to get the bone alignment right, but the swelling and pain was still there. Flexeril worked great for me. It is great to take at night; it helps you sleep. But, I have also taken it during the day if the pain was bad enough. I will drink a 5 hour energy or something equivalent to help me stay awake and function at work. I definitely wouldn't take this if I were driving. This medication in combination with an 800 mg Ibuprofen is wonderful."

Georgia's thoughts April 28, 2016

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "Work pretty good speaking as my back, shoulders, & neck spasm ever since my accident. Takes most of the pain away if not all of it."

HisWorld:) (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 27, 2016

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "Perfect!"

x6xSLAYERx6x (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 27, 2016

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "Worthless! Dont waste your money."

Jsef April 21, 2016

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "I had right shoulder ,arm, and neck pain for 2 weeks - I had taken norco at night so I could sleep but the pain was to much and I had no relief. my orthopedic doc prescribed flexerol 5 mg I took one at dinner but 3 hrs in still no relief - took a pain med (oxy) fell asleep a while later- next morning I woke up and no pain- first time in two weeks! Since the pain meds had no affect I know the flexerol did its job. I felt a little " hungover" but ok- next night I took it alone and I had no side affects the next day-"

Flowerdiva (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2016

For Fibromyalgia: "Experience chronic neck/upper body muscle tension after 3 cervical surgeries including fusion w/ plates (c567) & Artificial discs (c3&4). Have disc issues w L5- S1, too. Also diagnosed recently w/ fibromyalgia (but probably had it for many hrs prior). This drug relieved the chronic pain of muscle tension (spasms, knots) . Took 10 mg at bedtime initially. Best sleep ever but I could have slept 14 hrs! I woke up very drowsy. Instead take only 5 mg early in evening. No other side effects. I take only as needed as a precaution."

Knotlady1953 (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2016

For Sciatica: "10mg did nothing for me"

Maisy54321 April 6, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "I was born with a club foot, my legs aren't the same length so I've had back pain since I can remember. I've always had a hard time when it came to bed time, my pain would be in pain that it would keep me up. My doctor gave me Xanax and perscribed pain killers. I got married was stationed somewhere else and had to get a new doctor, she said she would start me in muscle relaxer and ibuprofen. I was given cyclobenzaprine for muscle relaxer. It was such a change that I feel like it doesn't do a thing for me whatsoever."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2016

For Fibromyalgia: "Finally, like the other lady said, something for Fibromyalgia that totally works. The longer you take it (3.5 months at this time) the less pain I have had. It has been wonderful not having pain. I do experience sleepiness and need more sleep but with Fibro, you do anyway. Unfortunately, my heart rate has been steadily climbing. "

MauiJan (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 16, 2016

For Temporomandibular Joint Disorder: "I was given this medicine when I woke up and my jaw was locked shut. I have TMJ issues and this was the second time it has happened. The first time I was given Robaxin and I had an allergic reaction. Regardless of the allergic reaction (hives) I feel like cyclonenzapine works way better than Robaxin. 45 min after taking it I was able to open my jaw and eat! I'm not sure if it is helping with the pain because I am taking it with hydrocodone 5/300 but it is doing wonders allowing my jaw to open!!! Defiantly recommend this over Robaxin! Also, it makes me tired. Can't drive on it but I don't get so tired that I have to sleep. I can still get stuff done but I wouldn't risk driving!!! Zero side effects besides drowsiness A++"

StephDub (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "Dr. prescribed 5 mg of Flexeril for my TMJ and it worked wonders for me. It completely took the pain away and I was not drowsy, sleepy or anything like that. I don't think I've ever taken something that has actually worked for what it was prescribed for. AMEN!"

TMJ March 8, 2016

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "Worthless, night sweats. No relief at all."

Kaye's February 29, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "My Favorite medicine. I have tried other pain relievers, including Vicodin, but nothing takes the pain away more than Flexeril. It is never had any serious side effects for me and I have even been able to take it while at work to improve my performance when my back would flare up. Best time to take it is right before bed because it puts me right to sleep when I needed to and I wake up feeling no pain at all."

RedLee February 29, 2016

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "Took two ten mg tablets then tried to sleep. Couldn't sleep because of legs and upper back spasming the same or worse and then . Fell asleep three times for thirty minutes to an hour each time only to wake up because of spasming and then discovering I had pooed myself a little each time. It gave me horrible diarrhea. I would rather be knocked out with a few firm punches to the face than to try this stuff again. I'm fairly certain it not only didn't help, but it made everything worse."

AlaskanLady February 29, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "Same as so many -- didn't help the pain at all, but did make me very tired."

dhbdhb February 11, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "Works wonders on a very sore back/hamstrings, no problems at all and I can deal with the side effect of drowsiness and dry mouth."

tkdgirl February 1, 2016

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "I had a breast augmentation and was required to take 10mg 3x day for the first few days after surgery. Never felt any pain. On my bottle it warns of extreme drowsiness- don't know why this is such a shock to some. I ended up only taking 6 total and have some left over. It's been 3 years since my surgery but I'm so glad I have some on hand, as I threw out my shoulder. Yes, it will either knock you out, or keep you up. You'll feel hungover either way. But it does what it's supposed to do; if you're in enough pain, it's worth the relief."

Beachy9212 (taken for less than 1 month) January 28, 2016

For Sciatica: "I find this medication to be very effective with relatively few side effects. Dry mouth being the most bothersome. However I can deal with dry mouth given the pain relief this medication provides"

Mbma January 14, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "I have back pain due to slipping on slippery ice. Doc gave me cyclobenzaprine but first I couldn't sleep and I was feeling my limbs numb and kind of cold, then I was waking up the whole night like every 2 hours, when I reached my wake up time everything has been feeling as if I'm in slow motion and it was only 1 tablet! I don't think I'll keep going with it."

Fha from Canada (taken for less than 1 month) January 7, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "I was prescribed cyclobenzaprine for numbness and pain in my back, caused by a herniated t3 t4 disc. I had no relief of that pain nor the subsequent pain in the muscles that had been compensating. After two hours the medication made me so drowsy that I could close my eyes and fall asleep, and could be woken without any concept of time asleep. While awake I was completely unable to concentrate or retain information (I happened to take it while studying, unaware of the consequences). I then slept about 6 hours (3 hours after taking the medication) and then abruptly woke up. Took about an hour to return to sleep. I wouldn't recommend the drug if you are dealing with nerve pain or minor pain."

SlippedDisc (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2016

For Sciatica: "Was prescribed years ago for chronic lower back pain worth sciatica shooting down my left leg. The only thing good about this medication is.... if the pain keeps you awake at night.. enjoy a 12hr deep sleep followed by a stiff jointed barely get up to pee so bad your gonna explode. Most likely because you slept 12 hrs in the same spot. Don't take if your sensitive to meds and you have to function the next day. But if you can lay in bed and recover, great stuff."

Sedated (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 4, 2016

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "I had pretty significant muscle spasms in my neck after my car was rear-ended. This medicine pretty much stopped all of the pain and allowed me to sleep soundly. The only problem is that it makes me drowsy."

Mike799 December 29, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "Works well but very sleepy for up to 24 hrs later perhaps it takes awhile to get use to it"

Power1on December 22, 2015

For Temporomandibular Joint Disorder: "It's not a miracle cure, but it definitely helps. First time I was prescribed it, my jaw had been locked for a little over three weeks. Needless to say, I was pretty desperate to have any kind of fix. After yet another failed appointment with the TMJ specialists, I went to my primary doctor hoping that she had been able to find something new. This time, she prescribed Cyclobenzaprine. No joke, four hours later I could open my jaw. Works like a charm. The pain goes away with it too (no more tension). Only downside, is it makes me sleepy and a little loopy. No driving on this stuff (for me anyways)."

Tobyana (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 8, 2015