User Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine

Also known as: Amrix, Comfort Pac with Cyclobenzaprine, Fexmid, Flexeril

Learn more about Cyclobenzaprine.

Chronic Myofascial Pain 3 reviews 43 medications

Sciatica 25 reviews 280 medications

Summary of Cyclobenzaprine reviews 197 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine

Review by stabee (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: I thought this was helping my back and sciatica. Today was my 4th day taking it and I have stomach pain so bad I am contemplating going to the emergency room. I can't keep any food down at all either. This is worse than the back/leg pain.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 16, 2014 2:40 PM
Review by Moose78: User Rating:

cyclobenzaprine for Muscle Spasm: Dry mouth, tremors, but no other significant side effects.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 23, 2014 5:14 PM
Review by PattyP11 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: Amrix did nothing for tight muscles. No side effects but no effects period.

February 16, 2014 7:31 PM
Review by Buni (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): I have had great difficulty sleeping (staying asleep) for years and years and the only thing that really works to help me get a good night sleep and also help with my fibromyalgia is Flexeril. I take 5 mg most nights and on occasion possibly 8 mg (breaking the 10 mg) and sleep like a baby with no painful muscle cramps in legs and come completely awake in the mornings with a cup of coffee. The wonderful thing about Flexeril is that it also relaxes the MIND which can keep a person awake for hours thinking and rethinking "to-do" lists as well as other anxious thoughts. I have taken it for a long time and have no adverse side effects.

February 16, 2014 7:56 AM
Review by GrinNBearIt (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

cyclobenzaprine for Sciatica: I would rather endure the pain. This knocked me down for 2 whole days. I took a half because I did not know how my body world react. I slept for 2 days, only getting up to use the bathroom and get a drink of water. If you are sensitive to medications, as I am, I would not suggest this. How did it do with the pain? It was still there when I finally woke up, it wan't as severe but it was still there.

January 22, 2014 9:57 AM
Review by FINALLY 42/now 53 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

cyclobenzaprine for Chronic Myofascial Pain: Have Lumbar tear lots of nerve damage but finally having nerves in back fused, etc. Went from a HIGH 10-7 to WOW 7-4, I have chronic severe PAIN & take 10mg NORCO 5 daily which doesn't relieve at all the constant SPASMS through out my body! You CAN'T SLEEP! body just spasms to where you just can't sleep! I tried a 10 mg cyclobenzaprine, this also knocks me out but WELL WORTH IT; this was the first time I slept for a straight 8hrs since. I've been unable to find any medications to help till Christmas. I ran short on pain med & started taking 800 mg of ibuprofen (prescription) which is a MIRACLE I FEEL I'VE FINALLY FOUND THE PROPER MIXTURE & I'm able to say I've not been this alive since 2002!

January 13, 2014 5:09 AM
Review by Indianagirl73: User Rating:

cyclobenzaprine for Migraine: I had a terrible migraine and took 1/2 of a 5mg. It worked great. Yes, it knocked me out for about 12hrs but that was a small price to pay in order to get rid of the pain. It just works different for people. My boyfriend takes a 10mg for back spasms and he can barely tell he took one. He is a little under 200 lbs and I'm about 140lbs. I do not take this medication on a regular basis. Maybe twice a month if that.

January 2, 2014 2:15 AM
Review by Dr Micheal (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

cyclobenzaprine for Chronic Myofascial Pain: With Percocet 10mg.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 24, 2013 3:19 PM
Review by finally dx'd (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

cyclobenzaprine for Fibromyalgia: After years of suffering a Rheumatologist finally diagnosed fibromyalgia. He prescribed Flexeril 5 mg. at bedtime. I had forgotten what it feels like to actually be rested in the morning! MUCH less pain the next day as well as not waking up to spasms during the night. The only problem I have with it is constipation, but I started Forteo injections for osteoporosis at the same time which can also be constipating, so I can't blame the Flexeril entirely.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 20, 2013 6:10 PM
Review by harveykay: User Rating:

cyclobenzaprine for Temporomandibular Joint Disorder: I was given Flexeril to take at bedtime for TMJ morning headaches and ear pain. I cannot tell if it helps because I have nightmares when I take it. The dreams are so very vivid...

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 12, 2013 3:47 PM
Review by whispers (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): Took for lower back pain. Definitely made me drowsy, dry mouth and throat. It did not relax me. I found myself tightening the muscles all over my body to compensate for feeling so tired and weak to be able to move, stand and walk with the pain. Did nothing for the pain and was so drowsy I had difficulty focusing through it to function. I did lay down to try to relax and breath through and ended up passing out for over 4 hours. I guess it was good to get some rest but not having a choice about it...very uncomfortable with that idea.

November 12, 2013 1:44 AM
Review by The Dude1: User Rating:

cyclobenzaprine for Fibromyalgia: I can't stay awake, and I'm still in pain. I'm very sensitive to all drugs tho. I was taking the 5mg.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 2, 2013 4:10 PM
Review by always in pain everyday: User Rating:

cyclobenzaprine for Chronic Myofascial Pain: I'm on Flexeril generic brand for muscle spasms l take 5mg three times a day and it's not helping me at all it barely knicks my pain does anyone know what does work cause l need something a lot stronger

November 2, 2013 4:05 AM
Review by Jefnrf8386 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Comfort Pac with Cyclobenzaprine (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: I broke out in a bright red rash on my face. Was very irritable and dizzy. Was extremely hot and suffered a lot of confusion.

October 6, 2013 1:08 AM
Review by mommaof2xx (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

cyclobenzaprine for Muscle Spasm: I have taken this a few times, for muscle spasms- due to whiplash and other injuries over the years. I am currently prescribed it once more for a pulled gluteal muscle, but this time I am only on 5 mg once a day at night, for two weeks. 10 mg simply knocks me out and leaves me feeling completely hungover and drained the next day. I gave it a 9 because sometimes it wakes me up with horrid dry mouth and it takes me a little longer to fully wake up in the morning.

October 3, 2013 5:58 PM
Review by Optional (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: Was on Soma but VA took it away due to addictive possibilities. Didn't experience any of the withdrawals. In any case prescribed Flexeril and it was okay except for the side effects. Had severe difficulty urinating, then one would start it would just dribble out. Trying Robaxin next. Will update on how it works for me.

September 30, 2013 1:34 PM
Review by NNGray (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Sciatica: Well I was just prescribed Flexeril yeaterday for the pain I was experiencing from a L5-S1 herniated disc & Sciatica. It made me feel like a zombie about an hour & 1/2 after taking it. I took a shower and after getting out I had no strength in my arms or legs. Dry mouth & lower leg pains when laying in bed later. It did help with the pain but will be taking but 1/2 a pill AS NEEDED vs the 1-10 mg 3xs daily.

August 15, 2013 2:19 AM
Review by kris79 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

cyclobenzaprine for Sciatica: This medicine isn't working for my sciatica. Makes me irritable but no other side effects or relief from pain.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 12, 2013 3:54 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Sciatica: I have two bulging discs L4/L5 and L3/L4 and herniated L5/S1 and pinched nerves. My hydrocodone wasn't enough, I started taking Flexeril twice a day and the pain reduced to almost nothing and the burning down my legs stopped from my pinched nerves. It doesn't last as long as I would like but it makes the day go by a lot easier and is definitely worth taking it.

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 23, 2013 10:02 PM
Review by BeeGees (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: Definitely relaxed my back muscles. The only odd side effect is a very, very, very strong hangover. I couldn't focus my eyes on one thing for more than a second. Caused me to sleep about 18 hours at a time.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 13, 2013 2:57 PM
Review by LaurenAmberOracle: User Rating:

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine): This drug has improved my quality of life greatly! The first week I had drop attacks at my desk at work & I was drowsy. The key is to take this medication @ 4pm & consecutively. I do experience dry mouth too. I have 4 neuro-stimulators implanted in my head to help with pain & I take gabbapentin, topamax, paxil, folic acid, hydrocodone, a special gabbapentin/lidocaine cream, & vitamins on a daily basis to function like a human being. For rescue I take Maxalt & if severe enough Butorphanol-Tartrate. This medicine has given me hope again & made me able to decrease pain meds during the day! This Med runs about $400 with my insurance but if you go to amrix.com you can print a coupon for a $5 copay!!!!!

May 11, 2013 7:42 AM
Review by freednerd (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: Helps with muscle pain and tension. Does cause drowsiness, but if you are hurting it is worth it. Take currently for Fibromyalgia when I am having a bad day. Can take small doses and function at work, but larger doses I will be asleep.

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 27, 2013 1:07 PM
Review by Sunshine9: User Rating:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: I get muscle tightness and spasms often after workouts as a side effect of arthritis in my back & neck (which was diagnosed for me in 2011). Flexeril was prescribed for this problem. It works great, but here is my feedback. First few times I took it, it knocked me out. Had to lay down & sleep. Took awhile of taking it in smaller doses, where this effect went away. After 3 weeks of use, I started holding fluids really bad. So I no longer use it daily, only as desperately needed. Also causes constipation, so be prepared to add Fiber to your diet to help with that. When I do take it, I'm able to work out the problem areas in my neck (which bothers me the most) with sports cream rub, while on the Flexeril. I can definitely recommend!

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 3, 2013 3:01 PM
Review by Derecho Dravas (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Comfort Pac with Cyclobenzaprine (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: I used Deep relief cream 4 times a day. It took time and had a little bit of walking outside or at the gym slowly to kind of help the muscle move a bit. Stretching is also good! Back spasms are really bad. I hope you guys recover and good luck!

January 21, 2013 8:30 PM
Review by Leslianna (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Sciatica: Has helped tremendously. I am taking 10mg twice a day plus a narcotic. I feel Great as long as I get enough sleep. Virtually no pain due to severe osteoarthritis.

January 19, 2013 8:39 PM