Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine

Also known as: Amrix, Comfort Pac with Cyclobenzaprine, Fexmid, Flexeril

Learn more about Cyclobenzaprine.

Chronic Myofascial Pain 3 reviews 43 medications

6.6
Summary of Cyclobenzaprine reviews 222 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine

Review by shellesbelles (taken for less than 1 month):

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: Taking this medication after 3 day I experienced watery bowel motion.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 14, 2015 8:34 PM

Review by QueenPooch (taken for less than 1 month):

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: I pulled/strained a muscle in my upper back last week, and the pain was so bad, I could hardly breathe. My doctor prescribed Flexeril which I took as soon as possible with a little food - around 2:00 PM. About an hour later I was out COLD - asleep for the rest of the day, that night, and until late the next morning. Good thing I took a couple of days off from work, because I felt drowsy and weird for at least 24 hours after I took it. There's no way I could have driven - much less accomplished anything at work. Having said all this, it really did kill the pain. It's as if I never injured my back. But at what cost? I think I'll take 800 mgs of ibuprofen instead if I ever have a similar injury.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 10, 2015 1:55 PM

Review by SJCat (taken for less than 1 month):

For Muscle Spasm: Went to Dr last night for back pain lasting 2 weeks after a fall. Prescribed this medicine 3 times a day at 10mg for 3 weeks along with Naproxyn and physical therapy to start next week. Cyclobenzaprine surely helps with the spasms but I can't stand up without almost passing out from the dizziness.

January 22, 2015 2:34 PM

Review by Sz_hcs:

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: Twisted my back and taking this medication for back spasm.. Works well in my opinion

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 21, 2015 8:49 PM

Review by Tammy73:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Fibromyalgia: Finally! Something that actually works. I've been diagnosed with fibromyalgia almost 2 years ago now and have been on Lyrica and Cymbalta with little relief. My doctor added Flexeril 3 days ago and I am in heaven! I have not felt rested in a very long time and my pain seems to be diminished somewhat. I really feel good and have actually smiled ALL day today. I sure hope this keeps up! Yay for Flexeril!

January 10, 2015 10:00 PM

Review by def456:

For Fibromyalgia: My true experience with (Flexeril) is very positive.It will reduce your Flare-ups. I have Chronic Myofascial pain Syndrome and Post-Traumatic Fibromyalgia. I received this Disability from a (Auto Accident). Post means (Trauma). It is wise to make sure you are with the proper Practitioner. Not everyone is capable of treating this painful illness.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 6, 2015 10:23 PM

Review by sleepy001:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: Yikes! I don't like taking medication of any kind. I've had a frozen shoulder for 8 months and am ready to gnaw off my own arm from the pain and lack of mobility. My PCP prescribed this for shoulder impingement. I took half of a 10 at 8 pm and slept all night. I do have a very dry mouth and feel hung-over this morning. I'd reserve this for bedtime use only.

December 11, 2014 6:04 AM

Review by Is it a lot:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: My doctor has me on FLexeril 10 mg 3 times a day but it doesn't work for me. I have been taking it for 2 weeks now he wants to up my dose. To 20 mg 3 times a day that sounds like a lot to me.

December 10, 2014 5:59 PM

Review by Richard28:

For Muscle Spasm: Was working fine for L5 pain then one night after dinner I had bad pain I took 1in a half pills 10mg an hour later was experiencing terrible upper back pain above shoulders real bad stomach muscle pain and it was painful to swallow.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 6, 2014 2:50 AM

Review by HankySpanky:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: I take 10mg 3x a day along with ibuprofen when my lower back starts acting up. I am better in 2 - 3 days. Works great for me. My doctor used to also prescribe a narcotic pain reliever but that did nothing for the pain. Ibuprofen along with Flexeril works best.

November 22, 2014 7:53 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Muscle Spasm: It worked great at first but over time its effects diminished. The only thing it really does now is make me tired, I guess I've been on it too long. I would still recommend it for short term use.

November 15, 2014 11:28 PM

Review by bcy:

For Fibromyalgia: It helps most of the time. But I also take Hydrocodone/Ac twice a day. I also have rheumatoid arthritis and Osteoporosis. And take two different meds for that. Leflunomide and methotrexate.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 15, 2014 1:47 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: Made me sleep constantly. Did not stop spasms or pain

November 11, 2014 1:35 AM

Review by LouAnnP (taken for less than 1 month):

For Muscle Spasm: Works very well. My doc said as well that it's only safe for 3 weeks at a time, for flare ups not everyday use. It works very well.

October 13, 2014 12:04 AM

Review by Gaia1:

For Sciatica: Great for the actual issue (sciatica pain) but side effect on me was severe night cramp in both calf muscles and 'hangover' the following day. Stopped taking them - leg cramps were worse than the back pain.

October 8, 2014 6:10 PM

Review by Irish7373:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Sciatica: Flexeril makes me so drowsy that I fall asleep before I can feel actual relief of pain and then I miss out on everything. The only good thing is that it relaxes me so that I'm not tense.

October 2, 2014 10:18 PM

Review by stashio (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Muscle Spasm: Perfect for severe up upper back muscle pain and spasms. I could barely stand by the end of a typical work day. Flexeril has made it possible to work and be more comfortable and able to enjoy life. Only side effects I've noticed is slight irritability, dry mouth, and only drowsiness when taken in a large dose or at the end of the day. Dosage is 10mg x 3 times daily. Usually one on my first work break, then 2 on my last break. Typically takes 1.5 hours to 2 hours to kick in so the timing is perfect. Able to enjoy life again, besides being stuck in be all the time.

October 2, 2014 12:30 AM

Review by hayley b (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Migraine: I get a couple of migraines a month. Not sure if they are aggravated by hormones, stress or sinus pressure, probably a combination. Regardless I always have throbbing pain on one side of my head along with tight muscles through the neck and shoulder. Cyclobenzoprine is all that works. About 30 min after taking it I can feel the tension in my head and eyes lift. What a life saver after years of pain. I always back it up with an ibuprofen too. The ibuprofen alone barely touches it.

August 19, 2014 9:03 PM

Review by Patrilia (taken for less than 1 month):

For Muscle Spasm: I went to the doctor this week for what I thought was a pinched nerve that caused shoulder pain. She determined that it was muscle strain (trapezius) and prescribed 10mg to be taken twice daily as needed. I took one in the afternoon on Thursday and another Wednesday morning. I ended up sleeping the entire day (except for getting up to make lunch for the kids). Later in the evening I started to feel very weak in my limbs (sort of like when you're getting over a really bad flu where you've been laid up in bed for days). I also started to feel impaired - dizzy, lightheaded, just out of it. The next day I didn't have the limpness, but I still had the lightheadedness and my calves were achy - maybe from too much sleep.

July 24, 2014 5:25 PM

Review by Chuckie Rad:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Sciatica: It seems to be making me slightly drowsy. But I'm sure after a few days I wont feel anything.

July 6, 2014 10:31 PM

Review by McSadie:

For Sciatica: 10mg at bedtime was like a miracle for me. I could finally sleep and the pain was almost gone for the next 3 days.

June 22, 2014 4:35 AM

Review by mlb70 (taken for 10 years or more):

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: I found this medication does not work at all

June 18, 2014 9:16 AM

Review by ja9 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Muscle Spasm: I was prescribed this about 2 years ago. I have numbness and pain at night in my arm's that keep waking me up. Lots of tension headaches muscle pain and spasms during the day. I took 1 pill at night and 1 half during the day and it worked great. But I started to get severe redness and heat in my face. Stopped Flexeril and it went away. Only take if absolutely necessary and not more then 2 days back to back. Redness comes back.

May 22, 2014 9:11 PM

Review by Working Man (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: I find Flexeril 'tops' for killing muscle pain associated with spasm, knots and/or injury. Compared to Valium (which I also have) the Flexeril does a better job for the actual pain & spasm. However, Flexeril does have heavy side effects which could discourage first time users: - Dry mouth and eyes. - A 'tight feeling' of the upper chest & bronchioles (very similar to what a high dose of Benadryl does). - Slightly blurry vision. - A substantial drowsiness which, for me, occurs about 4 hours after taking the dose. It becomes a struggle to stay awake. Definitely never go above the recommended dose - because of the harsh side effects.

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 16, 2014 11:30 PM

Review by fayfaith (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: It really does work and helps me to relax so I can rest & sleep. And I've taken it for off & on for several years! I have arthritis, pinched nerves, muscle spasms & a lot more elements. IT WORKS. But what works for one might not work for another. Best wishes to everyone!

102 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 11, 2014 11:11 PM