User Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine

Also known as: Amrix, Comfort Pac with Cyclobenzaprine, Fexmid, Flexeril

Learn more about Cyclobenzaprine.

Fibromyalgia 33 reviews 19 medications

Chronic Myofascial Pain 5 reviews 42 medications

5.8
Summary of Cyclobenzaprine reviews 272 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine

For Muscle Spasm: "Works wonders on a very sore back/hamstrings, no problems at all and I can deal with the side effect of drowsiness and dry mouth."

tkdgirl February 1, 2016

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "I had a breast augmentation and was required to take 10mg 3x day for the first few days after surgery. Never felt any pain. On my bottle it warns of extreme drowsiness- don't know why this is such a shock to some. I ended up only taking 6 total and have some left over. It's been 3 years since my surgery but I'm so glad I have some on hand, as I threw out my shoulder. Yes, it will either knock you out, or keep you up. You'll feel hungover either way. But it does what it's supposed to do; if you're in enough pain, it's worth the relief."

Beachy9212 (taken for less than 1 month) January 28, 2016

For Sciatica: "I find this medication to be very effective with relatively few side effects. Dry mouth being the most bothersome. However I can deal with dry mouth given the pain relief this medication provides"

Mbma January 14, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "I have back pain due to slipping on slippery ice. Doc gave me cyclobenzaprine but first I couldn't sleep and I was feeling my limbs numb and kind of cold, then I was waking up the whole night like every 2 hours, when I reached my wake up time everything has been feeling as if I'm in slow motion and it was only 1 tablet! I don't think I'll keep going with it."

Fha from Canada (taken for less than 1 month) January 7, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "I was prescribed cyclobenzaprine for numbness and pain in my back, caused by a herniated t3 t4 disc. I had no relief of that pain nor the subsequent pain in the muscles that had been compensating. After two hours the medication made me so drowsy that I could close my eyes and fall asleep, and could be woken without any concept of time asleep. While awake I was completely unable to concentrate or retain information (I happened to take it while studying, unaware of the consequences). I then slept about 6 hours (3 hours after taking the medication) and then abruptly woke up. Took about an hour to return to sleep. I wouldn't recommend the drug if you are dealing with nerve pain or minor pain."

SlippedDisc (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2016

For Sciatica: "Was prescribed years ago for chronic lower back pain worth sciatica shooting down my left leg. The only thing good about this medication is.... if the pain keeps you awake at night.. enjoy a 12hr deep sleep followed by a stiff jointed barely get up to pee so bad your gonna explode. Most likely because you slept 12 hrs in the same spot. Don't take if your sensitive to meds and you have to function the next day. But if you can lay in bed and recover, great stuff."

Sedated (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 4, 2016

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "I had pretty significant muscle spasms in my neck after my car was rear-ended. This medicine pretty much stopped all of the pain and allowed me to sleep soundly. The only problem is that it makes me drowsy."

Mike799 December 29, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "Works well but very sleepy for up to 24 hrs later perhaps it takes awhile to get use to it"

Power1on December 22, 2015

For Temporomandibular Joint Disorder: "It's not a miracle cure, but it definitely helps. First time I was prescribed it, my jaw had been locked for a little over three weeks. Needless to say, I was pretty desperate to have any kind of fix. After yet another failed appointment with the TMJ specialists, I went to my primary doctor hoping that she had been able to find something new. This time, she prescribed Cyclobenzaprine. No joke, four hours later I could open my jaw. Works like a charm. The pain goes away with it too (no more tension). Only downside, is it makes me sleepy and a little loopy. No driving on this stuff (for me anyways)."

Tobyana (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 8, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "Awful experience taking this for lower back. But this week I had a spasm in my neck. IBProfin was not working. I was so uncomfortable I took one pill. It did nothing except make me feel SO tired. I didn't even remember going to bed. The next day, I felt extremely lethargic, zombie-ish and depressed. It's an awful and pointless medication."

Spasmzz (taken for less than 1 month) November 16, 2015

For Fibromyalgia: "Had fibromyalgia for over 10 years, very unrestful sleep. 2.5-5.0 mg of Cyclobenzaprine at night changed everything. I'm now able to get into deep sleep and stay there for 8 hours. Makes a world of difference in the pain and depression. Restful sleep is key to MANY disorders."

Unrested November 16, 2015

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "My doctor recommended this medication for relief of muscle spasms associated with trigger points in my upper back. This is the first medication that really helps to take the edge off when the trigger point fires up. I still get pain but it's no where near as bad as it used to be. I have had no noticeable side effects other than some mild constipation. One 15mg capsule twice a day works for me."

bassman34480 November 14, 2015

For Fibromyalgia: "I have always experienced a "bruising" type sensation when the least amount of pressure is applied to my fleshy areas, especially my legs and arms. I wrote this off as "just weird me". Additionally - I am extremely and overly TACTILE! One tiny invisible seam on the neck of a clothing tag can completely THROW ME OVER THE EDGE until it's cut out, ripped out or simply trashed! Same with sock seams...SOMETIMES EVERY INCH OF MY SKIN FELT BRUISED (which was not uncommon)- I did a simple Google search & FIBROMYALGIA popped up! Every symptom: incl. traumatic childhood causing dopamine receptors to "warp"- WAS ME..My psych put me on CYCLOBENZAPRINE 10mg up to 2x day. I take 1 at bedtime & I am FINALLY ABLE TO SLEEP!!!"

Mckme November 10, 2015

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "Works well "

I don't have one November 8, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "This worked for me! It let the tense muscles in my back relax so I could fall asleep. I had a lot of confusion while taking the medication (like a mental fog) so I stopped taking it and now take melatonin"

Jared123456 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 5, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "I got in a rear end collision and got severe whiplash and muscle spasms in my back. I was prescribed this and it work wonderfully. I when I didn't take it I couldn't move without pain and suffering. I absolutely loved this because it actually works. Sure it make you drowsy so what a small price to pay for the outcome."

Dani1900 (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2015

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "Don't take this. Dont even think about it. Play around with tylenol and advil. This medicine's side effects to me: shortness of breath, fatigue stomach pains-sharp pains, unable to sleep. I am drinking as much water as I can to take it out my system but on the verge of an Emergency room visit. Have in mind this is my fist time. Sunday evening. 1 10 mg pill. That was all it took. Be careful. Extremely careful"

Jon22 October 27, 2015

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "Got this prescribed after a week of constant back pain (twisted my back). 10mg 3X daily. Took one when I got home from the pharmacy (about 12p) and proceeded to be out for about 16 hours. 5 days later I am still having sleeping issues, both getting to sleep and waking up at a reasonable time. When I took the one pill, the back pain was gone, but I can't afford to be sleeping excessively. I'll keep it on hand for when pains are keeping me awake and I can afford to get 16+ hours of sleep, but not recommended if you have to function on a daily routine."

Jen0714 October 25, 2015

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "made me very restless and jittery could not sleep"

mistabeck October 21, 2015

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "I went to my doctor because I knew I pulled a back muscle. I tend to have issues anyways with the piraformus muscle and that aggravates the sciatica. Lower back pain and gluts tend to be an issue with me. I was getting moderate painful back spasms that felt like random poking with a sharp nail. He prescribed 10mg three times a day for 10 days. After the second day of following the instructions, I was sleeping 14 hours a day. I was a zombie, I couldn't function, and I felt depressed. Why I still rate it at an 8/10 is because it did what it was supposed to. I stopped and only take it once at night around bedtime. If you're skeptical at first taking the med, make sure you have the next day off. Don't drive on this."

Acidxnation October 20, 2015

For Migraine: "Prescribed for two-week Migraine (caused by hormones). It didn't make me drowsy but it definitely did make bed more comfortable. The first time I took half of a 10mg pill, but didn't feel anything so I took a second. I did the same thing the next night and woke up in the middle of the night with parts of my body and my face losing sensation/ going numb. I freaked out until it went away an hour later. Not sure if that's entirely normal or not, Pharmacist was vague. I'm scared to take it again."

NicknameAlreadyInUseMyButt (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2015

For Chronic Myofascial Pain: "This drug gave me a stomach ache. I just wanted the side effects to be gone. Didn't take long and my stomach pain was gone. I will try eating when I take the pill again. I have bad hip pain as I have arthritis."

Flicca September 24, 2015

For Temporomandibular Joint Disorder: "I was prescribed flexeril to take at night before bed for my TMJ as I usually wake up in the morning with my jaw way out of place due to clenching and grinding plus my TMJ on top of that. I gave a 3/10 because it was only effective the first night I took it. Any other time after it never worked again. I even tried taking 2 and still nothing happened."

Court Court September 16, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "I fell and got severe whiplash which went undiagnosed and thus untreated for 6 months. I now am undergoing treatment to break down the scar tissue that has accumulated (yes, it's as painful as it sounds!) and I'm constantly in pain due to both the tension in my muscles and the breaking down of scar tissue. Doctor prescribed me 10mg twice a day and my pain is completely gone. Yes, I'm a little drowsy, but it's a small price to pay for relief in my opinion."

ReliefFinally September 13, 2015

For Sciatica: "My husband was prescribed this medicine after having 4 months of solid sciatica pain. It STOPPED his pain and he is now 3 months pain free, after one week of treatment."

atelise (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 13, 2015