User Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine

Also known as: Amrix, Comfort Pac with Cyclobenzaprine, Fexmid, Flexeril

Learn more about Cyclobenzaprine.

Chronic Myofascial Pain 3 reviews 43 medications

Sciatica 29 reviews 283 medications

6.6
Summary of Cyclobenzaprine reviews 231 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Sciatica: "Well I was just prescribed Flexeril yeaterday for the pain I was experiencing from a L5-S1 herniated disc & Sciatica. It made me feel like a zombie about an hour & 1/2 after taking it. I took a shower and after getting out I had no strength in my arms or legs. Dry mouth & lower leg pains when laying in bed later. It did help with the pain but will be taking but 1/2 a pill AS NEEDED vs the 1-10 mg 3xs daily."

NNGray (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2013

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Sciatica: "This medicine isn't working for my sciatica. Makes me irritable but no other side effects or relief from pain. "

kris79 (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2013

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Sciatica: "I have two bulging discs L4/L5 and L3/L4 and herniated L5/S1 and pinched nerves. My hydrocodone wasn't enough, I started taking Flexeril twice a day and the pain reduced to almost nothing and the burning down my legs stopped from my pinched nerves. It doesn't last as long as I would like but it makes the day go by a lot easier and is definitely worth taking it."

Anonymous May 23, 2013

146 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "Definitely relaxed my back muscles. The only odd side effect is a very, very, very strong hangover. I couldn't focus my eyes on one thing for more than a second. Caused me to sleep about 18 hours at a time."

BeeGees (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2013

121 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine) for : "This drug has improved my quality of life greatly! The first week I had drop attacks at my desk at work & I was drowsy. The key is to take this medication @ 4pm & consecutively. I do experience dry mouth too. I have 4 neuro-stimulators implanted in my head to help with pain & I take gabbapentin, topamax, paxil, folic acid, hydrocodone, a special gabbapentin/lidocaine cream, & vitamins on a daily basis to function like a human being. For rescue I take Maxalt & if severe enough Butorphanol-Tartrate. This medicine has given me hope again & made me able to decrease pain meds during the day! This Med runs about $400 with my insurance but if you go to amrix.com you can print a coupon for a $5 copay!!!!!"

LaurenAmberOracle May 11, 2013

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "Helps with muscle pain and tension. Does cause drowsiness, but if you are hurting it is worth it. Take currently for Fibromyalgia when I am having a bad day. Can take small doses and function at work, but larger doses I will be asleep."

freednerd (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 27, 2013

112 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "I get muscle tightness and spasms often after workouts as a side effect of arthritis in my back & neck (which was diagnosed for me in 2011). Flexeril was prescribed for this problem. It works great, but here is my feedback. First few times I took it, it knocked me out. Had to lay down & sleep. Took awhile of taking it in smaller doses, where this effect went away. After 3 weeks of use, I started holding fluids really bad. So I no longer use it daily, only as desperately needed. Also causes constipation, so be prepared to add Fiber to your diet to help with that. When I do take it, I'm able to work out the problem areas in my neck (which bothers me the most) with sports cream rub, while on the Flexeril. I can definitely recommend!"

Sunshine9 February 3, 2013

130 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Comfort Pac with Cyclobenzaprine (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "I used Deep relief cream 4 times a day. It took time and had a little bit of walking outside or at the gym slowly to kind of help the muscle move a bit. Stretching is also good! Back spasms are really bad. I hope you guys recover and good luck!"

Derecho Dravas (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 21, 2013

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Sciatica: "Has helped tremendously. I am taking 10mg twice a day plus a narcotic. I feel Great as long as I get enough sleep. Virtually no pain due to severe osteoarthritis."

Leslianna (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2013

For Sciatica: "I take a 10 mg pill before bedtime. I sleep like a rock and am foggy half of the next day. The pain is relieved only for the next day or so."

jd17 January 16, 2013

For Muscle Spasm: "It's a good medicine ..takes away my back pain and muscle spasms. The only downside is that it gives me blurred vision."

Instructor (taken for less than 1 month) January 7, 2013

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Sciatica: "I have taken this medcation for years. When my sciatica acts up, I take two and Aleve and go to bed, within a few hours I start feeling better. It is not a pain killer--it is a muscle relaxer."

KRS of CA (taken for 10 years or more) December 24, 2012

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "I tore my labrum in my left hip, doctor gave me Robaxin at 1st but didn't seem to work. I take 2 of these and 1 Vicodin and I feel much better. After surgery I will hopefully be able to get rid of these and get back to normal."

Anonymous October 11, 2012

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine) for Fibromyalgia: "Amrix is good for muscle cramps. It reduces pain from a 10 to a 7 for me. That is a big deal for me. I am 24/7 in pain. No medicine can reduce that pain below a 5."

Life's too short October 6, 2012

For Muscle Spasm: "I took Soma for years and it worked really good, but my Doctor retired and my new doctor whom I am going to change soon wouldn't prescribe Soma for me instead he prescribed Cyclobenzaprine. It didn't help my muscle spasms at all. When I took Soma I could get a good night sleep, now my back spasms returned with a vengeance. I told my new Doctor and he gave me Soma. If you are having bad back spasm's take Soma it is 100% better."

RemSupreme (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 14, 2012

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Fibromyalgia: "Felt very rested for once and pain went away."

Anonymous August 6, 2012

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Sciatica: "Am now on Skelaxin 800mg. Flexeril wasn't as good as Skelaxin for me."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 18, 2012

For Muscle Spasm: "I have the onset of degenerative disc disease, scoliosis, arthritis in my hips and low back muscle spasms that act up all the time and intensify when I exercise. As a result, I don't exercise fearing the pain. I tried this medicine about 5 years ago and I didn't notice any changes. For the past 2 years I have been seeing a chiropractor for my back and I asked my Dr. to prescribe this medicine again and WOW is all I can say. I can exercise rigorously for 45 minutes without feeling like I need to be put in traction the next morning. I take 1 tablet every 12 hours on days I exercise and I take 1 before I go to bed on my rest days. I feel like a new women. This medicine works well in combination with chiropractic care. I haven't been sleepy either."

kennysmom (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 11, 2012

For Migraine: "Works great for occasional migraines but will knock you out cold for at least 12-18hrs, would not recommend as first line treatment but its great if you can't take a triptan due to interaction with SSRIs ."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 21, 2012

For Muscle Spasm: "Caused leg cramps nightly and water retention."

tkit8548 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 5, 2012

For Muscle Spasm: "Had a major pinched nerve and massive back pain. This worked great."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2012

For Fibromyalgia: "I have had severe pain and heat in my hips, legs and feet. The rest of my body was also very uncomfortable. The cyclobenzaprine has really brought the continual pain down and the "heat" has also tapered. I can now get some sleep. It still flares when I exercise too hard, but it is much less severe."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2012

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "This is the best muscle relaxer, in my opinion. I took a star off because it knocks me out cold. If I'm asleep, I'm not going to feel pain or spasms either way."

LillyF (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 1, 2012

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine) for Fibromyalgia: "I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia over a year ago, after many years of chronic pain, insomnia and fatigue. Sleep study showed no stage 3 or 4 sleep so the sleep I was getting was not good sleep. I am on several medications now to stay awake during the day, control my pain so I can continue to work and more medications to sleep. Restoril has helped in all three areas."

CathyLynny April 21, 2012

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Fibromyalgia: "It was very helpful for the spasms in my neck, shoulders, back, and hips. It took awhile before the muscles released. I weaned myself off the medicine and within 2 weeks was experiencing severe pain again. I'm back on now. I take 10 mg at night. It does make me tired in the morning but its worth it. I would recommend this for back pain and spasms. It helps to take it consistently."

Anonymous April 15, 2012