User Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine

Also known as: Amrix, Comfort Pac with Cyclobenzaprine, Fexmid, Flexeril

Learn more about Cyclobenzaprine.

Chronic Myofascial Pain 3 reviews 43 medications

6.6
Summary of Cyclobenzaprine reviews 209 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine

Review by LillyF (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: This is the best muscle relaxer, in my opinion. I took a star off because it knocks me out cold. If I'm asleep, I'm not going to feel pain or spasms either way.

May 1, 2012 11:29 AM

Review by CathyLynny:

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine) for Fibromyalgia: I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia over a year ago, after many years of chronic pain, insomnia and fatigue. Sleep study showed no stage 3 or 4 sleep so the sleep I was getting was not good sleep. I am on several medications now to stay awake during the day, control my pain so I can continue to work and more medications to sleep. Restoril has helped in all three areas.

April 21, 2012 6:05 PM

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Fibromyalgia: It was very helpful for the spasms in my neck, shoulders, back, and hips. It took awhile before the muscles released. I weaned myself off the medicine and within 2 weeks was experiencing severe pain again. I'm back on now. I take 10 mg at night. It does make me tired in the morning but its worth it. I would recommend this for back pain and spasms. It helps to take it consistently.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 15, 2012 11:19 PM

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: I take Flexeril for muscle spasm related to bulged discs at L3-L4, L4-L5, and L5-S1. I get sciatica down both legs. I also have C6-C7 facet joint damage that catches and occasionally prevents me from turning my head to the left. I am highly resistant to narcotics and anesthetics, and take 10mg Flexeril during the day without any side effects. It allows me to function without letting the muscles lock up. It stops the pain cycle (pain=muscle tension=pain=muscle tension). When I take it at night, it quicly reduces the spasming. If the pain is severe, I take with narcotics for one night to force massive relaxation. This should be done with extreme caution tho - combining opiates and muscle relaxers can cause someone to stop breathing.

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 15, 2012 11:25 PM

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: Amrix does relieve the pain however it made me very tired and out of it. The next day I still felt exhausted, it's not for me.

March 10, 2012 10:14 PM

Review by RainMagic78:

For Muscle Spasm: I must be one of the rare ones.This medication was to be a resolution to constant pain from a pulled muscle in my face and neck after oral surgery. I was instructed to take 1-5MG tablet twice daily for 1 month. I take it 2 hours before bed, and by bedtime, I'm so wired and jittery, I have to stay up to avoid keeping my spouse up. I also have restless leg syndrome, spells were rare until this. After taking 1 tablet, I will spend the next 4 to 6 hours, pacing, as it seems to cause prolonged restless leg syndrome spells. The feeling seems to affect my arms as well, so I have this need to shake my hands/arms violently. Now, completely exhausted, I have to fight through the pain in my face still to sleep. I no longer take it.

February 26, 2012 8:47 AM

Review by Franchase:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Sciatica: This was the first time I had ever taken cyclobenzaprine. I took one (1) 10mg on a Thursday evening about 6:30 pm, and all day the next day I felt slight confusion, loss of concentration and it felt like my head was in a fog. Did not help with pain but allowed me to get some much needed sleep.

February 19, 2012 5:13 AM

Review by angziety:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: The side effect that made me stop it was severe reflux. I would wake up from a dead sleep basically vomiting in my mouth and nearly choking on it. This happened nightly for weeks and I just couldn't tolerate it anymore. It does help a great deal with relaxing the muscles (and for pain). I also get insomnia from this while most people get drowsy.

February 15, 2012 2:55 AM

Review by snyderink:

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: Amrix is the best. I have taken many muscle relaxers over the years and they all make me sleepy, (which I despise). I take Amrix after dinner and I sleep comfortably and wake refreshed and able to make it through the day with only Aleve or ibuprofin. I am so greatful for Amrix.

February 13, 2012 12:04 AM

Review by BrooklynNicole:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Fibromyalgia: Flexeril worked GREAT for the first few months I was on it. It totally got rid of the pain between each shoulder blade and spine, and helped the rest of my back as well. I was taking 10 mg once a night, but I was prescribed to take it 3 times daily (I like to make my pain meds last as long as I can). This pill was like a miracle to me. But overnight, it completely stopped working. There wasn't no decrease in the effectiveness before it stopped working at all, it just stopped with no warning. Every few days, I would take one to see if it'd work, but no such luck. A few months later, I tried taking one, didn't work, so I took another one like an hour later and still nothing. But I tend to have a high tolerance to all pain meds. Try it out!

February 7, 2012 4:04 AM

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: I took this when I pulled a muscle in my back and could no longer pick up my infant daughter. I took it in the middle of the day and it helped with the pain. Initially didn't make me sleepy but the next morning it was near impossible to wake up. It was that terrible "hang-over" feeling. It was the worst I've ever felt. I could hardly make myself wake up to get dressed and use the restroom. I laid around until almost 4pm the next day just because of pure lack of energy. Luckily I was only prescribed it for a week or so otherwise I'm sure I would have quit taking it because of the drowsiness after effect.

February 4, 2012 6:21 PM

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: Relaxed me. helped my problem.

January 15, 2012 10:30 PM

Review by crimsonbelle70:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Migraine: I don't know if I need a higher dosage or what, but it doesn't help me very well.

January 14, 2012 11:18 PM

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Fibromyalgia: Helps with the stiffness, didn't make me tired like some people have reported. Overall it has helped and I have had no negative side effects.

January 14, 2012 12:14 PM

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine) for Migraine: Amrix is the only muscle relaxer that works for me, and I tried a lot. I also take Topamax and get Botox injections for my migraines. I'm on a low dose antidepressant also. This treatment seems to work for me. I went from 20 migraines a month down to about 5.

December 28, 2011 10:11 PM

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: I have severe neck pain and muscle knots in my neck. I've been told by my doctor these knots are essentially small bone spurs that protrude into the muscle tissue which causes spasms. This is particularly bad when its damp or rainy. I was prescribed 10 mg of Flexeril. Overall, I'd say it works great with very few side effects. The only issue is some days 10mg doesn't seem to help very much. I have taken up to 15 mg (one-and-a-half) when the pain or knots are really bad. At the 10 mg dose I do NOT have any problems with being sleepy and take it during the work day all the time with no sleepiness. If I take it with a pain medicine it will make me drowsy. The sleepiness side effect seems to vary person to person.

December 22, 2011 5:14 PM

Review by hurting faith:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Fibromyalgia: I took this and I found rest. True rest. I have been given so many scripts, none did anything for the tight muscle pain, or the seizing of my muscles, which I thought was it for me forever. I have been given extended release medicines for sleep, and nothing. It took a while for me to realize I was not sleeping at night because of my muscles not relaxing. I took this at 8 p.m. last night, and fell asleep, I woke up at like 12:45, My habit from long term spasms...but then I went right back to bed. Then I woke up, {I swear it was just because of habit again} at 3:45, I fell right back asleep. I finally woke up at 5:50 a.m for good. I could not tell you the last time I slept all night, and 6 in the morning is the latest I have slept in yrs. I have tried all types of medicines.

December 20, 2011 6:54 PM

For Muscle Spasm: I take 10 milligram pills every 8 hours as directed. It is small and extremely easy to swallow, especially for those who dislike taking pills. It eases the muscle spasms enough for me to get comfortable in bed or a chair. However, it does not make me sleepy and I usually don't feel the ease until about an hour after I take it.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 8, 2011 11:16 AM

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Migraine: Has done a great job at preventing full blown migranes from interrupting my life when I used to get multiple migranes a week.

November 12, 2011 1:39 AM

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: I was prescribed 10mg Flexeril after pulling an abdominal muscle which lead to spasms. The Flexeril made the pain and spasms stop but gave me severe dry mouth and made me so dizzy I couldn't get to sleep.

November 11, 2011 6:46 AM

Review by sumoneudon'tkno:

For : It works wonders.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 4, 2011 1:22 AM

Review by XmyXoneXandXonlyX:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: This medicine has greatly improved my quality of life with my spasms in my back!

October 11, 2011 11:02 PM

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: I had used this years ago when I had several dislocations of my shoulder. My recovery time was cut in half.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 7, 2011 12:34 AM

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: Works well for spasms in my trapezius muscles. However makes me lethargic for next 24 hrs.

October 1, 2011 12:04 AM

For : My PCP prescribed cyclobenzaprine 10mg for very bad back pain. I was given ten and told to take one a day. I only ended up taking two. It put me out in about 15 minutes, I slept great, but woke up feeling like I had had a stroke. I couldn't walk straight, I was slurring my speech and I was exhausted. Going to school, I literally couldn't stay awake. I had taken an Adderall that morning (a previously prescribed medication) and had coffee, but still had to leave early and went home and slept for another 6 hours. The next night, it put me out for about 15 hours. My back is almost 100% better, but I really have to clear my schedule if I intend on taking another one.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate