User Reviews for Baclofen

Also known as: Gablofen, Kemstro, Lioresal, Lioresal Intrathecal

Learn more about Baclofen.

Alcohol Withdrawal 19 reviews 19 medications

Cluster-Tic Syndrome 0 reviews 0 medications

Huntington's Disease 0 reviews 3 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Baclofen reviews 127 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Baclofen

For Muscle Spasm: "I have extensive nerve damage in my spinal cord and was prescribed baclofen for spasms. It works great on the spasms however, I can take the prescribed dose and when I run out of vicodin then it causes me restless leg syndrome so be careful if you're also on opioids and run out. For cramps in the legs it is great though."

bueller 2 July 23, 2015

Lioresal (baclofen) for Neuralgia: "I had pains in my legs after knee surgery and I took this medicine only one pill 4 times in two days and I have never been so sick in my entire life! I was so sick to my stomach that even water made me even more sick. Whatever I ate or drank would come back up about an hour later. I could barely stand up straight, I was shaking, I had fever and chills, etc. It was horrible! I stopped taking it as soon as this started and then it took another two days to actually completely get out of my system!"

gizzmoe July 20, 2015

For Neuralgia: "I have suffered with pain from lower back disk bulging for several years. The nerves being pinched send pain and extreme stiffness to my left hip all the way down my leg to the front of my shin. I am very active, and my job requires a good deal of physical work. Baclofen in combonation with Gabapentin has given me such relief without the side effects of opium class drugs. I urge you to speak to your doctor about these medications. They may help you with your pain. By the way I am 50 yrs old."

Wastewater/mjd July 5, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "I initially took this bc of muscle cramps but was surprised at how easily it helped me fall asleep and feel at ease well rested and stress free the next day. I have taken trazodone before for my anxiety and this was ten times better. Trazodone has nothing on this. Not sure why this isn't prescribed for anxiety and insomnia instead."

Jessicasandra June 25, 2015

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "After reading about the use of Baclofen to treat alcoholism, I asked my CPN if I could be treated with this drug. She referred me to the only psychiatrist/doctor in my county who was allowed to prescribe Baclofen for alcohol. After being an alcoholic for sixteen years, and having tried everything available to stop drinking, I can tell you that I have now been alcohol free for five and a half years. This is a miracle drug. What I find inexplicable, is the fact that only people who do their own research, find out about this drug, and have to ask for it. With alcoholism such a massive problem world-wide, why is this drug not the standard treatment. I fear the government stands to lose too much in taxes if people could stop drinking so easily."

Tyneparker (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 21, 2015

Gablofen (baclofen) for Cerebral Spasticity: "Med really did nothing for me"

Sam12sa June 8, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "I was given this because I fell and landed on my ribs against a day bed which is very little bed and mostly metal. Not sure if it worked since the side effects were such a problem. I was very emotional and balled like a baby for 3-4 hours. I had chest pains, weight gain, stomach pain, unsteadiness, and blurred vision. I quit taking the drug on the 5th day after googled the side effects (since the drug store information didn't say anything about any of these side effects). Oh and I still have what feels like a bad yeast infection with blood."

L. Eddy (taken for less than 1 month) June 4, 2015

For Trigeminal Neuralgia: "This drug did exactly the opposite to me, as to what it was suppose to do. I had muscles pulling & drawing up causing horrid pain. I had to build up to 30 mg. over 2 months and at the end of that 60 days i was really hurting. The dr. took me off of it real quick, but it left me with a lot of damage. It has been over 6 months now, and i'm still trying to get back to normal. I'll assume i may have been allergic to it but was unaware until 60 days of taking this med."

Killimousky April 3, 2015

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "It's very strange feeling getting rid of craving so easy. For last 5 years I've tried different techniques to stop drinking. I drank 2 to 4 strong beers a day and I couldn't stop it for longer then few days. I'm still thinking about having a beer but ( I can't explain it ) but I just don't HAVE TO! I'm taking minimal dose 5mg x 3 per day and it's working. ONE IMPORTANT THING: You have to be willing to stop drinking."

Anon77 March 30, 2015

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "This medication work miracles in alcohol addiction."

terees February 24, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "I suffer with Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and suffer from chronic muscle spasms that affect my whole body and they are terribly painful. I was recently switched to baclofen and all I can say is - wow!! I can actually MOVE again. I had actually forgotten what it feels like to be able to move. No side effects either and great pain relief. Absolutely over the moon."

Celidwen (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "I have a spinal cord injury and have intense spasticity in my legs and this medicine helped in just a few hours of taking it."

James1007 January 24, 2015

For : "My son's doctor gave him baclofen, 1/2 10mg tab in late afternoon and 1 10mg tab at bed time. He suffers from night terrors and restless legs while sleeping. It has helped him quite a bit. He actually sleeps through the night without waking up and no longer kicks his legs all night long. I noticed a huge difference when he doesn't take it. I was very reluctant to give it to him since he was only 5 yrs old. I hate medications but he was suffering a lot from lack of sleep. Hopefully we can take him off it sometime but if it's helping him then so be it."

daddydoane (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 23, 2015

For Dystonia: "I suffered for 2 years with terrible dystonia and muscle cramping. Within 1 week it helped keep it under control. I take it 2 times a day and I am thankful that my doctor prescribed this. "

Flip4me62 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 17, 2015

For Cerebral Spasticity: "Worked initially but I could not handle the side effects. Had to stop as soon as possible. No issues with withdrawal."

Nc bandit (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 9, 2015

For Migraine Prevention: "Very effective. Taken 'as needed' to help alleviate the pain associated with migraine, so that I can function."

B. January 9, 2015

Lioresal (baclofen) for Muscle Spasm: "Been taking these due to 2 back surgeries within a 9 month period. Doesn't really help with my muscle spasms."

PaPis Girl January 5, 2015

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "I've not drank alcohol for 4 days. I've have been drinking between 1.5 bottles to 2 bottles of wine for the past 1-2 years and finally decided to stop. I stopped three days ago and was worried I would have severe withdrawals however since taking Baclofen I have been absolutely fine (started on a dose of 10mg and gone up to 30mg but this depends on your dependency on alcohol). I have been thinking of alcohol lots which is expected but I'm been sleeping better than when I do drink (as I normally wake up at 3am with extreme anxiety or worries in my life) and now don't feel any anxiety. I'm determined to stay on this path and feel proud of myself already. I would recommend study on the web and look at all sorts of alternatives remedies."

Sue2014 January 4, 2015

For Spasticity: "It works better than Flexeril. I have a spinal cord injury."

Ter34 (taken for less than 1 month) December 27, 2014

For Spasticity: "I take baclofen (20mg 3Xs a day) for muscle twitching, spasms, and spactisity. It has helped some (for instance I can still feel the muscle twitching but its no longer visible twitching). Hasn't seemed to help with the spasticity though. As for side effects at first I had a lot of drowsiness and dizziness. Now I am horribly depressed and think its from the baclofen so I may discontinue soon."

Jules A December 24, 2014

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "I had worked with Veterans who used to have back problems and had been on muscle relaxants. They had been using alcohol for years. I used to substitute the much stronger muscle relaxants with Baclofen with their Primary Care Doctors approval. Results were great! My patients had double benefts: back pain/ spasm control and Alcohol consumption control.Some of them stop drinking , other continued use alcohol socially without problems,discovering the life again. I am happy hearing that people find Baclofen being helpful. Good luck to guys. Merry Christmas and Happy 2015!"

Retired Psychiatrist (taken for 10 years or more) December 8, 2014

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "I have been fighting alcoholism since my early teens, detoxed by myself, and was dry for 12 years until last March. After two months of serious binge drinking, I ended up in A&E when I decided to detox once again without any suitable medication support. They provided me Diazepam and I cleaned up again, but it only lasted for three months. The vicious circle is much harder to break as you get older. However, now, on Baclofen, I feel a tremendous improvement and do not feel the urge to drink. Indeed, the medicine worked amazingly well from the very beginning of the treatment. However, do address underlying psychological issues, as the medicine is not a magic bullet."

J_Nemo (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 7, 2014

For Muscle Spasm: "I have a lot of different pains due to fibromyalgia and nerve damage and sciatica and a stroke and spinal cord disease I take 1 20 milligram at night only because it does make you very tired and only time I really noticed it working is when I don't take it then my pain is much worse."

denver27 December 6, 2014

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "I am going into an outpatient detox programme on Monday, Baclofen has given me the confidence to maintain sobriety after the detox. It's not the be all and end all but for me it really is helping."

garzoid (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 27, 2014

For Temporomandibular Joint Disorder: "I have moderate/severe TMJ and I get a lot of relief from Baclofen. It's not indicated as a treatment for TMJ but it works for it very well. The muscles in my face, and jaw area are very tight and the tightness causes jaw pain and tension type headaches. Previous to trying this Baclofen, I tried Cyclobenzaprine, Orphenadrine, Tizanidine, and they all seemed to achieve their "muscle relaxant" effects by making me tired. I take 20mg of Baclofen at bedtime, and It relaxes my muscles very well and helps me sleep. The muscles in my face become less tight and I do not grind my teeth as much and my jaw feels so much better. Also, the painful muscle spasm I suffer from are reduced. The drug improves my quality of life greatly. I recommend it."

Tom1985 (taken for less than 1 month) November 22, 2014