User Reviews for Baclofen

Also known as: Gablofen, Kemstro, Lioresal, Lioresal Intrathecal

Learn more about Baclofen.

Cerebral Spasticity 3 reviews 7 medications

Huntington's Disease 0 reviews 3 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Baclofen reviews 111 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Baclofen

Review by James1007:

For Muscle Spasm: I have a spinal cord injury and have intense spasticity in my legs and this medicine helped in just a few hours of taking it.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 24, 2015 1:10 AM

Review by Flip4me62 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Dystonia: I suffered for 2 years with terrible dystonia and muscle cramping. Within 1 week it helped keep it under control. I take it 2 times a day and I am thankful that my doctor prescribed this.

January 17, 2015 2:41 PM

Review by Nc bandit (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Cerebral Spasticity: Worked initially but I could not handle the side effects. Had to stop as soon as possible. No issues with withdrawal.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 9, 2015 8:25 PM

Review by B.:

For Migraine Prevention: Very effective. Taken 'as needed' to help alleviate the pain associated with migraine, so that I can function.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 9, 2015 1:38 AM

Review by PaPis Girl:

Lioresal (baclofen) for Muscle Spasm: Been taking these due to 2 back surgeries within a 9 month period. Doesn't really help with my muscle spasms.

January 5, 2015 8:44 PM

Review by Ter34 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Spasticity: It works better than Flexeril. I have a spinal cord injury.

December 27, 2014 10:06 PM

Review by Jules A:

For Spasticity: I take baclofen (20mg 3Xs a day) for muscle twitching, spasms, and spactisity. It has helped some (for instance I can still feel the muscle twitching but its no longer visible twitching). Hasn't seemed to help with the spasticity though. As for side effects at first I had a lot of drowsiness and dizziness. Now I am horribly depressed and think its from the baclofen so I may discontinue soon.

December 24, 2014 9:17 AM

Review by denver27:

For Muscle Spasm: I have a lot of different pains due to fibromyalgia and nerve damage and sciatica and a stroke and spinal cord disease I take 1 20 milligram at night only because it does make you very tired and only time I really noticed it working is when I don't take it then my pain is much worse.

December 6, 2014 8:45 PM

Review by garzoid (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Alcohol Withdrawal: I am going into an outpatient detox programme on Monday, Baclofen has given me the confidence to maintain sobriety after the detox. It's not the be all and end all but for me it really is helping.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 27, 2014 5:11 PM

Review by Hlip:

For Trigeminal Neuralgia: I got immediate relief from my Trigeminal Neuropathy within an hour of taking this medication. This was after having several Radio frequency ablutions which would only last 4-6 weeks. I was suffering for over 7 years. I had tried Neurontin, Topamax, Lamictal, opiates and more.

October 25, 2014 7:23 PM

Review by LizMax (taken for less than 1 month):

For Muscle Spasm: I am 33 & I have protruding discs at my L3-S1 levels. I am in pain management until I can have surgery. Because of the condition of my discs I have electric, debilitating muscle spasms in my lower back. At the time of my most recent episode, I was on 10 mg Valium for muscle relaxant & 10 mg Flexeril. The Flexeril & Valium did nothing, nothing for my spasms. Luckily, I had an appointment with my pain management doctor, and he prescribed Baclofen as he could feel the spasms. I was told to stop Flexeril and take the Baclofen -- which I did immediately (10 mg). Baclofen was miraculous! It stopped the spasms almost immediately & by the next morning (today), my back felt almost completely normal. Thank you. I can actually make it to work!!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 23, 2014 9:05 AM

Review by oddsr (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Spasticity: I have spasticity (stiffness) in my lower back and right leg due to multiple sclerosis. I had used marijuana for quite a while and it helped my spasticity but was not good for my cognitive thinking. I stopped the marijuana and began taking baclofen 20 mg x 3 /day. I walk and feel so much better. I might not be as aware of how much better I am until I miss or delay taking it. I have experienced no side effects.

September 21, 2014 10:21 AM

Review by tyw:

Lioresal (baclofen) for Cervical Dystonia: Start the medication low, slow dosage and increase as prescribed and needed

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 14, 2014 4:41 PM

Review by ftnssb:

For Trigeminal Neuralgia: I am on 300mg daily oxcarbazepine (Oxtellar 24 hour) with mixed results for my nerve damage/trigeminal neuralgia as a result of a crushed cheekbone in a motorcycle accident where the initial fracture was right down the frontal trigeminal canal. One hour 10minutes ago took 5mg bacoflen and the results are very positive for neuralgia and also (an very importantly) my perpetually swollen left sinus which is very painful). I am going to do 5 mg three times tomorrow and see how it goes - I was supposed to take 10 mg twice a day to start and then 10 mg three times a day but want to be cautious. I expect even better results when I increase my dosage to 10 mg three times a day. I will report again in a couple of weeks.

August 7, 2014 2:16 PM

Review by tom rek (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Hiccups: Had abdominal surgery Sept 23rd 2013. Developed intractable hiccups immediately afterward. Unable to resolve them. After 2 months went on Baclofen 20 mg every 6 hours, they stopped , have now tapered back to 20mg every 12 hours, still under control, and will cut dose again. This is the only medicine that worked.

July 12, 2014 11:07 AM

Review by 00Lynn00:

For Migraine Prevention: I freak out about taking meds... but I suffer with tension headaches and nothing will ever phase them. I was prescribed 10mg of baclofen and just started to take half at night cause I was worried I wouldn't wake up... so far so good. No side effects and I woke up. After a couple more days of making sure no side effects I will take whole.

June 24, 2014 12:06 AM

Review by Gardeniagirl (taken for less than 1 month):

Lioresal (baclofen) for Migraine Prevention: Helped tremendously with migraine and tension headaches!!!

June 14, 2014 10:40 PM

Review by Shay4204 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Muscle Spasm: I was put on Baclofen for migraine/cluster headache as a treatment prevention and rescue medicine. It works great for me. It also helps my spasms from having a bladder and kidney disease and ruptured discs. It doesn't help the nerve pain, but overall I think it's better than every other muscle relaxer I've tried. I've had reactions to most and very allergic to Flexeril. I take 20mg up to 4x a day. I'm also okay on Percocet and Klonopin. The 3 make everyday life with constant pain and headaches a lot easier to deal with.

April 12, 2014 5:38 AM

Review by B.B.H.:

For Spasticity: I just started taking Baclofen in March of 2014 with almost immediate relief. I had a mini stroke back in 2007 and have been dealing with spasticity in my right leg ever since. I was at the point where my leg was so tight it was hard to walk. Anyway after two days of taking Baclofen 10mg twice per day I feel like a new man. My muscles in my right leg have just completely relaxed after taking Baclofen and it's just an amazing feeling after seven years of tightness in my leg and the last two being just agonizing.

April 4, 2014 4:16 PM

Review by Keja (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Neuralgia: Suffer from severe fibromyalgia. Moderate neuropathy of legs. Take baclofen 10mg - 6x daily. It does give me complete relief, but had to titrate to this dose, started out 30 mg a day, but fell back for a couple weeks to 20mg. Caused drowsiness, and some pretty strong voluntary muscle twitching.

January 26, 2014 8:35 AM

Review by tyga_nay (taken for less than 1 month):

For Muscle Spasm: Thrilled to say the least. I have a prolapsed disc in L4/ L5. The pain and spasms I get as a result are absolute modern day torture. I had another spasm today whilst a long way from home and my normal GP. I went to a drop in clinic and the doc prescribed Baclofen. I've never had such relief. I've had all types of medicines, from Valium to Celebrex and the norm over counter medicines. This is by far the best. Also have bipolar and am on methadone for a painkiller addiction. I have to say that I am excited by the prospect of how this new medication could potentially change my everyday life. And so much the better if it helps with anxiety and withdrawal from opioids.

January 24, 2014 4:16 AM

Review by CarolCT (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Migraine Prevention: Tension Headache. I had taken 10 mg 3x day for years with no results. In titrating up to 20 mg 4x per day I have had miraculous results in relieving daily tension headaches. No side effects. Highly recommended.

December 30, 2013 10:45 AM

Review by lbriggs169:

For Muscle Spasm: I've had sciatica for 20 years. On and of a number of different meds but had negative effects. Had a bad fall Oct 30-2013 (i'm 65 on walker and canes) and square on my coccyx. Oh boy. Doc gave me Toradol pills--nothing, then cyclobenzaprine--bad effect, then BACLOFEN 5MG 3X DAY DOES HELP ME SLEEP AT NIGHT. ON IT NOW A MONTH.

December 23, 2013 10:16 PM

Review by aikijujitsuchick (taken for less than 1 month):

For Muscle Spasm: Taking for neck and back pain, and sciatica from being in a MVA. Seems to make my hearing sensitive--when I read to my daughter, it's like my voice is too loud so I have to speak very softly. Absolutely no drowsiness, but I have had a killer headache in the back of my head for days. It has not made any drastic difference in my muscle pain and sciatica, but I have only been on it less than one week. Will keep trying it until my follow up in a week. So far, so good, except for the bad, bad headache in the back of my head. Sleeping good and waking refreshed, unlike when I took Soma.

November 17, 2013 11:25 PM

Review by Shaun.p (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Muscle Spasm: I take 10mg at 60mg a day for a nerve impingement in my shoulder, a herniated disc and sciatica. In the past I have tried Vicodin, Percocet, oxycodone 15, Flexeril, and Soma. None of those medicines come close to working as well as baclofen. It also works way better than Xanax or Klonopin for anxiety.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 6, 2013 7:18 AM