User Reviews for Baclofen

Also known as: Gablofen, Kemstro, Lioresal, Lioresal Intrathecal

Learn more about Baclofen.

Alcohol Withdrawal 30 reviews 19 medications

Temporomandibular Joint Disorder 2 reviews 36 medications

4.5
Summary of Baclofen reviews 152 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Baclofen

For Muscle Spasm: "I've got Arthritis in my hips and legs and about two months ago I was switched to this from flexarell because it stopped working, well baclofen doesn't seem to help either been in bed for 2 days and can't sleep or even lift my new born grandchild. I've pulled a muscle in my lower back now and in so much pain"

Prell (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 7, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "I felt a burning sensation in my stomach. My ortho took it upon himself to change from diazapam to baclofen. I've been not sleeping, and I'm irritable. I've filed a complaint thru my insurance, as well as the ortho office. It's Sunday, but I have a 915 appt with the ortho."

Dollface37 (taken for less than 1 month) January 24, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "I'm taking baclofen for extreme tightness in my neck and shoulders, works fine. However is more of a stress relief and sleeping pill, especially if you are already a bit drowsy. I take 10mg currently and I personally don't think its enough because it doesn't do too much. especially at night when I need it to work fastest because my muscles tighten at the end of the day."

Aesj474747 January 23, 2016

For Dystonia: "I was recently diagnosed with atypical torison dystonia. My neurologist wanted me to discontinue 3 of my medications to make sure it wasn't medication induced. So far not making a difference being off them. But he started me on Baclofen 2 weeks ago. I have noticed that it does relax my muscular spasms, but has not seemed to effect the pain much. I've read it takes time to make its full effect. So far it has helped enough that I'm not in such constant pain. Hopefully it'll continue to get better."

hdminer6 (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2016

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "Baclofen saved my life. I had been drinking and drugging and other addictions for thirty five years and after a few mos getting dosage correct w occasional relapse, I am now booze free. It is a miracle. You must fight through the side effects (sleepiness, lethargy, etc) as it will eventually work. I now take it five times/ day total 225mg but will slowly reduce now that have reached 'threshold' (Amiesen). I had tried years of AA, rehab, moving to alcohol free countries, yoga, meditation, extreme fitness routines, years of therapy; nothing worked. Several DUIs, lost jobs, marriages, relationships.. And then, Baclofen! Thank you Dr. Amiesen,, I love you!"

former drunk (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2016

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "I hadvery unpleasant side-effects but persevered because I was desperate to stop drinking. Started on low dose Sept 2014 and built it up till I stopped drinking altogether - effortlessly - 11 Dec 2014. I have not taken Baclofen since then (though strongly advise to reduce dose gradually as withdrawal symptoms extremely unpleasant and dangerous) and have had no desire to drink since - just relief that I am free of this addiction! If this treatment could be recognised and prescribed in the UK it would save much suffering but it is a very powerful drug and should be used with care."

Dankbaarheid January 2, 2016

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "Alcoholism - I was cured. I went up to 330mg per day. My maintenance dose is 180mg per day."

j victor martin (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 2, 2016

Lioresal (baclofen) for Muscle Spasm: "Loss leg with riding lawn mower. Still have side effects! The leg I still have jerks and I still feel the pain of the lawn mower going over my leg. Not at all times but when they do I can't get the pain or the spasms to let up!"

Tie December 29, 2015

For Migraine Prevention: "I have tried so many things from over the counter, aleive, ibuprofen, Excedrin to prescription like immitrix, soma, relpax, nothing works. Finally. 30 mg of baclofen twice a day helps get rid of the migraine and 100 mg of topamax twice a day helps onset. I used to get them daily. Now it's 2 to 3 times a week and I've only been on this med for a few weeks."

Jewel1980 December 22, 2015

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "Unbelievable this medicine changed my life, I've been struggling to get sober for the past three years, rehab after rehab, always thinking I can control it this time, or that some how this time will be different, I now celebrate 6 months of total SOBreity, I've seen reviews of people saying that it makes them drink normal and I am way to scared to try that, I've become to involved with AA to want to change my sober date. But who know maybe one day."

Joey kul December 21, 2015

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "Immediately took away those out of control thoughts of must have a drink NOW. Am on 30mgs only at night. Has stopped me drinking 1- 2 bottles white wine every second day. Can choose to drink occasionally socially if I want. Clearer calmer mind and less general body aches and pains. No more need for daily panadol. My doctor is monitoring my progress closely and I am generally happier calmer and more confident in achieving a healthier lifestyle in time. It is all so amazing not to have to fight that craving which I always gave into to calm my mind. Giving into it would make me sick every day. No more drunk means no more sick hangover. Baclofen has released me from the "drink, repent, repeat" horrible cycle alcohol had me doing. Grateful."

pinkumbrella (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 3, 2015

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "I am a 38 year old woman who has abused alcohol since 2004. I've been taking Baclofen (90mg/day) for one year and it has been a huge game changer in my struggles with alcohol. It has decreased cravings, general anxiety and overall alcohol consumption. I have not upped the dose to hit "the switch" that, for many, results in total indifference to alcohol. Along with my psychiatrist, I am uncomfortable exceeding the FDA recommended dosage by so much. But even so, this drug has really helped improve my life."

baclofenuser (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 25, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "I was prescribed Baclofen to help spasms and pain caused by my generalised dystonia with severe tremor. Initially I was put on a very low dose which was to build up gradually. I take a cocktail of daily medication but after two weeks of Baclofen added to my med cocktail I was in less pain. I noticed I'd cut my painkillers from four times a day to only once or twice, I didn't need them. I'm not saying I'm pain free or don't have spasms anymore but I definitely notice a great improvement. I did have unpleasant side effects to begin with, weakness, drowsy, drunk like feeling, it wasn't nice at all but I kept with it, the side effects improved and I'm so relieved I don't suffer the excruciating pain I was in."

Nick40 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 14, 2015

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "It is a fact baclofen took away my craving for alcohol. I am an alcoholic. It is amazing because I had no intention of quitting alcohol. I looked forward to 5 o%u2019clock so I could have a few drinks. The alcohol provided better pain relief than the hydrocodone. With the baclofen I just don%u2019t need alcohol for my pain and have no desire for alcohol. I have a friend that flat out died from alcohol abuse. I wish I%u2019d known about Baclofen. How many alcoholics would quit drinking if they could? More doctors and psychologists need to know about baclofen for alcoholism,This medication can save lives, It%u2019s going to save my liver for sure after many years of nightly drinking.I learned about baclofen and alcoholism first by experiencing it not reading it"

Iceman Jim (taken for less than 1 month) October 31, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "I have multiple sclerosis and limited use of my right arm and right leg I was given this drug to help with it. I have more trouble walking I have to use my scooter all the time and it makes me so sleepy. I find myself sleeping until noon then falling asleep late in the evening. I find this medicine not helpful at all. I take 10mg 3 times a day."

julie s (taken for less than 1 month) October 22, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "Baclofen gave me terrible dream/nightmares and I would "walk in my sleep" during them, that is, getting out of my bed and literally trashing my bedroom, knocking everything off the nightstand, flipping over my computer chair, tried to crawl under a TV tray... crazy stuff, that I NEVER did before. As soon as I quit the baclofen (thinking that must be it), those dreams never happened again. PS, since baclofen did this to me, they tried Rx Tizanidine/zanaflex, and I had the SAME reaction from those so I just don't have a muscle relaxer anymore."

lamoo October 20, 2015

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "I managed to pull a muscle in my back during a particularly long binge. Was prescribed Baclofen for the muscle spasm/to help healing, but its major benefit was in the control of the shakes and sweats I normally get when I sober up at the end of a binge. I could barely write my name on the doctor's form before taking this, afterwards the shakes and sweats were almost totally gone. I took one more 10mg pill before bed and slept soundly for 10 hours straight (normally I get persecution dreams and wake with leg/arm kicks, or just lie there in a pool of sweat). This ought to be prescribed for alcohol withdrawal as a matter of course. (I took 2 10mg tables about 4 hours apart, the last one just prior to going to bed)."

Bingo24 September 21, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "no side effects except mild drowsiness. I'm not impressed by how this drug is supposed to work on muscle spasms. I have been on it for week and half at 10 mg 3 times a day. I feel my spasms are almost a bad as prior to taking this Rx"

Mr bluejeans September 21, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "I have a partial spinal cord injury and have lots of muscle spasms everywhere. For a few months after my SCI I had minimal spasms and was on 90 mg/day. I am 4 years out from my accident and my spasms are worse. Now I take 120 mg/day (30 mg 4x/day). I still have a lot of muscle tone (spasms) and we are discussing putting a baclofen pump in that will pump baclofen directly onto the spinal cord. How do I know baclofen works? On occasion I have missed my 10 pm pills and by morning my muscles are so tight I can't move. I believe the maximum does is 90 mg/day but the doc put me up to 120/mg to give me more relief. I'll be on it for life. Great stuff, wouldn't be able to move without it. I have had no side effects even with the elevated dose."

Onceuponatime September 20, 2015

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "Excellent for alcohol abuse, Never take too much on ur first time. Start out low dose and slowly work up. You should not mix weed, sedative, coricidin or any drugs while working up. I now take 10 mg 4x a day. Used properly it a miracle medicine for alcoholism!"

Anonymous September 11, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "Been put on Baclofen after taking Valium for a number of years for left sided spasming due to cluster migraine and fibromyalgia, Bells Palsy and Restless leg Syndrome. It has helped me immensely and helped me move again. I can even walk again."

Trudes02 September 7, 2015

For Temporomandibular Joint Disorder: "This medication was not effective as a muscle relaxant or pain relief. I was on a 10mg dose once a day. I discontinued medication as it was not effective."

Broken jaw September 7, 2015

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "Works very well to stop cravings for alcohol. After about 6 months it made me extremely depressed - too depressed to keep taking it even though it was keeping me from drinking. Disappointing, hence the 5 stars. However, just 1 star for me personally because of the depression caused."

Max B (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 5, 2015

Lioresal (baclofen) for Neuralgia: "I started taking this medication 5 days ago. It's 1248 am, I've been up now for an hour, sick to my stomach. I'm having a hard time when I try to lay down, my throat feels like it's swelling, unable to sleep. AND actually woke up by throwing up. And plus I'm still having a terrible muscle spasm in right lower back"

katief363 August 30, 2015

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "I have been taking this medication and have abstained from alcohol for over a year!"

Conniebv August 7, 2015