User Reviews for Baclofen

Also known as: Gablofen, Kemstro, Lioresal, Lioresal Intrathecal

Learn more about Baclofen.

Alcohol Withdrawal 33 reviews 19 medications

Temporomandibular Joint Disorder 2 reviews 36 medications

4.5
Summary of Baclofen reviews 161 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Baclofen

For Muscle Spasm: "Was given this drug as opposed to soma. Started taking 20mg 4x a day. That was on a Thursday evening by Friday night I was not making any sense. My husband finally rushed me in to the er when I couldn't answer questions and would only answer in a single word. I was dizzy, lightheaded, nauseous, vomiting, dry mouth, at one point I was doing stuff in the middle of the night. I was hospitalized until things resolved"

Kimkim36 April 26, 2016

For Migraine Prevention: "I want to advise people that yes this drug works to help reduce migraines and muscle spasms. However, I feel obligated to advise you that if you use this drug even in small doses on a daily basis you may/will have some severe withdrawal symptoms (ie depression, insomnia, nausea, more spasticity, mood swings, hallucinations, and more ). The sad part is doctors love prescribing drugs to medicate but so often do not give you the whole picture, I was not advised of the withdrawal symptoms even after weaning myself of of this drug. Please do your research before taking ANY drug."

hopethishelps2016 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 23, 2016

For Migraine Prevention: "I have had horrible daily migraines along with neck pain and a doctor prescribed 10mg 3x a day or as needed. It doesn't work every time but it has been so far the most effective for me personally. Compared to the other drugs I have been prescribed, this has the least amount of side effects. The neurologist was surprised this drug was effective for my headaches."

Jelly2016 April 18, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "I had a spinal fusion on July 2015 n have had extreme nerve issues since then n numbness on my left side. I have been on everything woth no relief. Tried Baclofen 10 ml 3x day. Had some pain relief 1st day..since then nothing but very sleepy. Why would work on 1st day then nothing??"

jonic (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2016

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "Thanks to all for writing there comments..I am now starting baclofen to get me over the last hump to stop drinking so I can start treatment for my Hep C.I am down to two beers a day, but somedays are not so good. Needed something for the cravings which were driving me nuts. I hope I have good luck!"

jabria (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 14, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "Helps with stiff and hurting muscles due to ms"

daisy dukes March 27, 2016

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "Baclofen has saved my life, I take 80mg per day at intervals. I still have a lot of bridges to mend and that will take time. I am a 48 year old woman who self medicated with alcohol for depression and anxiety. This is the first time in over 15 years that I can feel comfortable in myself without having to numb off with alcohol. I am so looking forward to getting to know the real me. No binges and no cravings."

Guilio March 8, 2016

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "Went cold turkey with Baclofen and a couple of other medications prescribed by a specialist medication, addiction doctor. Managed to hold the cravings at bay really well with 20 mg per day for 10 weeks (longest stint for 30 years!). Then, had a drink and went back to normal use (around 15-20 standard drinks per day) very quickly. After a year asked the same doctor if I could up my medication by myself whist drinking until the cravings disappeared - he was happy with this. Upped the meds by 10 mg per week (Baclofen only) and then when on 80 mg per day started having mild hallucinations and could not stop a dry mouth and constant coughing (very violent coughing fits). Stop the meds very quickly and took many many months to feel normal."

Captain Frustrated (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 12, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "I've got Arthritis in my hips and legs and about two months ago I was switched to this from flexarell because it stopped working, well baclofen doesn't seem to help either been in bed for 2 days and can't sleep or even lift my new born grandchild. I've pulled a muscle in my lower back now and in so much pain"

Prell (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 7, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "I felt a burning sensation in my stomach. My ortho took it upon himself to change from diazapam to baclofen. I've been not sleeping, and I'm irritable. I've filed a complaint thru my insurance, as well as the ortho office. It's Sunday, but I have a 915 appt with the ortho."

Dollface37 (taken for less than 1 month) January 24, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "I'm taking baclofen for extreme tightness in my neck and shoulders, works fine. However is more of a stress relief and sleeping pill, especially if you are already a bit drowsy. I take 10mg currently and I personally don't think its enough because it doesn't do too much. especially at night when I need it to work fastest because my muscles tighten at the end of the day."

Aesj474747 January 23, 2016

For Dystonia: "I was recently diagnosed with atypical torison dystonia. My neurologist wanted me to discontinue 3 of my medications to make sure it wasn't medication induced. So far not making a difference being off them. But he started me on Baclofen 2 weeks ago. I have noticed that it does relax my muscular spasms, but has not seemed to effect the pain much. I've read it takes time to make its full effect. So far it has helped enough that I'm not in such constant pain. Hopefully it'll continue to get better."

hdminer6 (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2016

For Dystonia: "I have focal dystonia as well as 2 failed back surgerys on my cervical spine that left me with nerve damage at the root level. I have been having very painful & disruptive muscle cramping in both arms & feet even in my sleep. My pain management team suggested Baclofen so started me on a course of 10mg 3x daily. So far I'm experiencing sleepiness, balance issues, memory issues, and other neurological problems but no painful spasms. It is my hope that as with other medications the side effects should decrease over time."

Sysgoddess January 12, 2016

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "Baclofen saved my life. I had been drinking and drugging and other addictions for thirty five years and after a few mos getting dosage correct w occasional relapse, I am now booze free. It is a miracle. You must fight through the side effects (sleepiness, lethargy, etc) as it will eventually work. I now take it five times/ day total 225mg but will slowly reduce now that have reached 'threshold' (Amiesen). I had tried years of AA, rehab, moving to alcohol free countries, yoga, meditation, extreme fitness routines, years of therapy; nothing worked. Several DUIs, lost jobs, marriages, relationships.. And then, Baclofen! Thank you Dr. Amiesen,, I love you!"

former drunk (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2016

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "I hadvery unpleasant side-effects but persevered because I was desperate to stop drinking. Started on low dose Sept 2014 and built it up till I stopped drinking altogether - effortlessly - 11 Dec 2014. I have not taken Baclofen since then (though strongly advise to reduce dose gradually as withdrawal symptoms extremely unpleasant and dangerous) and have had no desire to drink since - just relief that I am free of this addiction! If this treatment could be recognised and prescribed in the UK it would save much suffering but it is a very powerful drug and should be used with care."

Dankbaarheid January 2, 2016

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "Alcoholism - I was cured. I went up to 330mg per day. My maintenance dose is 180mg per day."

j victor martin (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 2, 2016

Lioresal (baclofen) for Muscle Spasm: "Loss leg with riding lawn mower. Still have side effects! The leg I still have jerks and I still feel the pain of the lawn mower going over my leg. Not at all times but when they do I can't get the pain or the spasms to let up!"

Tie December 29, 2015

For Migraine Prevention: "I have tried so many things from over the counter, aleive, ibuprofen, Excedrin to prescription like immitrix, soma, relpax, nothing works. Finally. 30 mg of baclofen twice a day helps get rid of the migraine and 100 mg of topamax twice a day helps onset. I used to get them daily. Now it's 2 to 3 times a week and I've only been on this med for a few weeks."

Jewel1980 December 22, 2015

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "Unbelievable this medicine changed my life, I've been struggling to get sober for the past three years, rehab after rehab, always thinking I can control it this time, or that some how this time will be different, I now celebrate 6 months of total SOBreity, I've seen reviews of people saying that it makes them drink normal and I am way to scared to try that, I've become to involved with AA to want to change my sober date. But who know maybe one day."

Joey kul December 21, 2015

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "Immediately took away those out of control thoughts of must have a drink NOW. Am on 30mgs only at night. Has stopped me drinking 1- 2 bottles white wine every second day. Can choose to drink occasionally socially if I want. Clearer calmer mind and less general body aches and pains. No more need for daily panadol. My doctor is monitoring my progress closely and I am generally happier calmer and more confident in achieving a healthier lifestyle in time. It is all so amazing not to have to fight that craving which I always gave into to calm my mind. Giving into it would make me sick every day. No more drunk means no more sick hangover. Baclofen has released me from the "drink, repent, repeat" horrible cycle alcohol had me doing. Grateful."

pinkumbrella (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 3, 2015

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "I am a 38 year old woman who has abused alcohol since 2004. I've been taking Baclofen (90mg/day) for one year and it has been a huge game changer in my struggles with alcohol. It has decreased cravings, general anxiety and overall alcohol consumption. I have not upped the dose to hit "the switch" that, for many, results in total indifference to alcohol. Along with my psychiatrist, I am uncomfortable exceeding the FDA recommended dosage by so much. But even so, this drug has really helped improve my life."

baclofenuser (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 25, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "I was prescribed Baclofen to help spasms and pain caused by my generalised dystonia with severe tremor. Initially I was put on a very low dose which was to build up gradually. I take a cocktail of daily medication but after two weeks of Baclofen added to my med cocktail I was in less pain. I noticed I'd cut my painkillers from four times a day to only once or twice, I didn't need them. I'm not saying I'm pain free or don't have spasms anymore but I definitely notice a great improvement. I did have unpleasant side effects to begin with, weakness, drowsy, drunk like feeling, it wasn't nice at all but I kept with it, the side effects improved and I'm so relieved I don't suffer the excruciating pain I was in."

Nick40 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 14, 2015

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "It is a fact baclofen took away my craving for alcohol. I am an alcoholic. It is amazing because I had no intention of quitting alcohol. I looked forward to 5 o%u2019clock so I could have a few drinks. The alcohol provided better pain relief than the hydrocodone. With the baclofen I just don%u2019t need alcohol for my pain and have no desire for alcohol. I have a friend that flat out died from alcohol abuse. I wish I%u2019d known about Baclofen. How many alcoholics would quit drinking if they could? More doctors and psychologists need to know about baclofen for alcoholism,This medication can save lives, It%u2019s going to save my liver for sure after many years of nightly drinking.I learned about baclofen and alcoholism first by experiencing it not reading it"

Iceman Jim (taken for less than 1 month) October 31, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "I have multiple sclerosis and limited use of my right arm and right leg I was given this drug to help with it. I have more trouble walking I have to use my scooter all the time and it makes me so sleepy. I find myself sleeping until noon then falling asleep late in the evening. I find this medicine not helpful at all. I take 10mg 3 times a day."

julie s (taken for less than 1 month) October 22, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "Baclofen gave me terrible dream/nightmares and I would "walk in my sleep" during them, that is, getting out of my bed and literally trashing my bedroom, knocking everything off the nightstand, flipping over my computer chair, tried to crawl under a TV tray... crazy stuff, that I NEVER did before. As soon as I quit the baclofen (thinking that must be it), those dreams never happened again. PS, since baclofen did this to me, they tried Rx Tizanidine/zanaflex, and I had the SAME reaction from those so I just don't have a muscle relaxer anymore."

lamoo October 20, 2015