User Reviews for Baclofen

Also known as: Gablofen, Kemstro, Lioresal, Lioresal Intrathecal

Learn more about Baclofen.

Baclofen Rating Summary

7.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 48 medications used in the treatment of Muscle Spasm.

Reviews for Baclofen to treat Muscle Spasm

"Was prescribed Baclofen 20 mg and allowed to take one half to one pill per night at bedtime. A few days ago I bent over and couldn't get back up. I am active, not old, and fit. Apparently I pinched/compressed a nerve(s) in my sacral area. I was taking methylcarbanal with little relief. My PCP have me a Toradal shot and Baclofen. Wow! Baclofen worked great but 20mg gave me a hang over the next morning (no headache). Woozy, drunk and floaty feeling. Decided it was best not to drive and stayed home. While I am grateful the Baclofen worked I will be taking 10mg from now on when needed. 20mg is just too strong for me at 5'8 and 140lbs."

MayMayinTexas (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2016

"I have use Baclofen for some time now but have only in the last 2 to 3 months started to have side effects such a hallucinations, and seeing and hearing things that are not there. I also take Requip which also give almost the same side effects. I also take coumidin(Warfarin)"

George Johnston May 6, 2016

"Was given this drug as opposed to soma. Started taking 20mg 4x a day. That was on a Thursday evening by Friday night I was not making any sense. My husband finally rushed me in to the er when I couldn't answer questions and would only answer in a single word. I was dizzy, lightheaded, nauseous, vomiting, dry mouth, at one point I was doing stuff in the middle of the night. I was hospitalized until things resolved"

Kimkim36 April 26, 2016

"I had a spinal fusion on July 2015 n have had extreme nerve issues since then n numbness on my left side. I have been on everything woth no relief. Tried Baclofen 10 ml 3x day. Had some pain relief 1st day..since then nothing but very sleepy. Why would work on 1st day then nothing??"

jonic (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2016

"Helps with stiff and hurting muscles due to ms"

daisy dukes March 27, 2016

"I've got Arthritis in my hips and legs and about two months ago I was switched to this from flexarell because it stopped working, well baclofen doesn't seem to help either been in bed for 2 days and can't sleep or even lift my new born grandchild. I've pulled a muscle in my lower back now and in so much pain"

Prell (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 7, 2016

"I felt a burning sensation in my stomach. My ortho took it upon himself to change from diazapam to baclofen. I've been not sleeping, and I'm irritable. I've filed a complaint thru my insurance, as well as the ortho office. It's Sunday, but I have a 915 appt with the ortho."

Dollface37 (taken for less than 1 month) January 24, 2016

"I'm taking baclofen for extreme tightness in my neck and shoulders, works fine. However is more of a stress relief and sleeping pill, especially if you are already a bit drowsy. I take 10mg currently and I personally don't think its enough because it doesn't do too much. especially at night when I need it to work fastest because my muscles tighten at the end of the day."

Aesj474747 January 23, 2016

Lioresal (baclofen): "Loss leg with riding lawn mower. Still have side effects! The leg I still have jerks and I still feel the pain of the lawn mower going over my leg. Not at all times but when they do I can't get the pain or the spasms to let up!"

Tie December 29, 2015

"I was prescribed Baclofen to help spasms and pain caused by my generalised dystonia with severe tremor. Initially I was put on a very low dose which was to build up gradually. I take a cocktail of daily medication but after two weeks of Baclofen added to my med cocktail I was in less pain. I noticed I'd cut my painkillers from four times a day to only once or twice, I didn't need them. I'm not saying I'm pain free or don't have spasms anymore but I definitely notice a great improvement. I did have unpleasant side effects to begin with, weakness, drowsy, drunk like feeling, it wasn't nice at all but I kept with it, the side effects improved and I'm so relieved I don't suffer the excruciating pain I was in."

Nick40 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 14, 2015

"I have multiple sclerosis and limited use of my right arm and right leg I was given this drug to help with it. I have more trouble walking I have to use my scooter all the time and it makes me so sleepy. I find myself sleeping until noon then falling asleep late in the evening. I find this medicine not helpful at all. I take 10mg 3 times a day."

julie s (taken for less than 1 month) October 22, 2015

"Baclofen gave me terrible dream/nightmares and I would "walk in my sleep" during them, that is, getting out of my bed and literally trashing my bedroom, knocking everything off the nightstand, flipping over my computer chair, tried to crawl under a TV tray... crazy stuff, that I NEVER did before. As soon as I quit the baclofen (thinking that must be it), those dreams never happened again. PS, since baclofen did this to me, they tried Rx Tizanidine/zanaflex, and I had the SAME reaction from those so I just don't have a muscle relaxer anymore."

lamoo October 20, 2015

"no side effects except mild drowsiness. I'm not impressed by how this drug is supposed to work on muscle spasms. I have been on it for week and half at 10 mg 3 times a day. I feel my spasms are almost a bad as prior to taking this Rx"

Mr bluejeans September 21, 2015

"I have a partial spinal cord injury and have lots of muscle spasms everywhere. For a few months after my SCI I had minimal spasms and was on 90 mg/day. I am 4 years out from my accident and my spasms are worse. Now I take 120 mg/day (30 mg 4x/day). I still have a lot of muscle tone (spasms) and we are discussing putting a baclofen pump in that will pump baclofen directly onto the spinal cord. How do I know baclofen works? On occasion I have missed my 10 pm pills and by morning my muscles are so tight I can't move. I believe the maximum does is 90 mg/day but the doc put me up to 120/mg to give me more relief. I'll be on it for life. Great stuff, wouldn't be able to move without it. I have had no side effects even with the elevated dose."

Onceuponatime September 20, 2015

"Been put on Baclofen after taking Valium for a number of years for left sided spasming due to cluster migraine and fibromyalgia, Bells Palsy and Restless leg Syndrome. It has helped me immensely and helped me move again. I can even walk again."

Trudes02 September 7, 2015

"I have extensive nerve damage in my spinal cord and was prescribed baclofen for spasms. It works great on the spasms however, I can take the prescribed dose and when I run out of vicodin then it causes me restless leg syndrome so be careful if you're also on opioids and run out. For cramps in the legs it is great though."

bueller 2 July 23, 2015

"I initially took this bc of muscle cramps but was surprised at how easily it helped me fall asleep and feel at ease well rested and stress free the next day. I have taken trazodone before for my anxiety and this was ten times better. Trazodone has nothing on this. Not sure why this isn't prescribed for anxiety and insomnia instead."

Jessicasandra June 25, 2015

"I was given this because I fell and landed on my ribs against a day bed which is very little bed and mostly metal. Not sure if it worked since the side effects were such a problem. I was very emotional and balled like a baby for 3-4 hours. I had chest pains, weight gain, stomach pain, unsteadiness, and blurred vision. I quit taking the drug on the 5th day after googled the side effects (since the drug store information didn't say anything about any of these side effects). Oh and I still have what feels like a bad yeast infection with blood."

L. Eddy (taken for less than 1 month) June 4, 2015

"I suffer with Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and suffer from chronic muscle spasms that affect my whole body and they are terribly painful. I was recently switched to baclofen and all I can say is - wow!! I can actually MOVE again. I had actually forgotten what it feels like to be able to move. No side effects either and great pain relief. Absolutely over the moon."

Celidwen (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2015

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have a spinal cord injury and have intense spasticity in my legs and this medicine helped in just a few hours of taking it."

James1007 January 24, 2015

Lioresal (baclofen): "Been taking these due to 2 back surgeries within a 9 month period. Doesn't really help with my muscle spasms."

PaPis Girl January 5, 2015

"I have a lot of different pains due to fibromyalgia and nerve damage and sciatica and a stroke and spinal cord disease I take 1 20 milligram at night only because it does make you very tired and only time I really noticed it working is when I don't take it then my pain is much worse."

denver27 December 6, 2014

"I am 33 & I have protruding discs at my L3-S1 levels. I am in pain management until I can have surgery. Because of the condition of my discs I have electric, debilitating muscle spasms in my lower back. At the time of my most recent episode, I was on 10 mg Valium for muscle relaxant & 10 mg Flexeril. The Flexeril & Valium did nothing, nothing for my spasms. Luckily, I had an appointment with my pain management doctor, and he prescribed Baclofen as he could feel the spasms. I was told to stop Flexeril and take the Baclofen -- which I did immediately (10 mg). Baclofen was miraculous! It stopped the spasms almost immediately & by the next morning (today), my back felt almost completely normal. Thank you. I can actually make it to work!!"

LizMax (taken for less than 1 month) October 23, 2014

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I was put on Baclofen for migraine/cluster headache as a treatment prevention and rescue medicine. It works great for me. It also helps my spasms from having a bladder and kidney disease and ruptured discs. It doesn't help the nerve pain, but overall I think it's better than every other muscle relaxer I've tried. I've had reactions to most and very allergic to Flexeril. I take 20mg up to 4x a day. I'm also okay on Percocet and Klonopin. The 3 make everyday life with constant pain and headaches a lot easier to deal with."

Shay4204 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 12, 2014

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Thrilled to say the least. I have a prolapsed disc in L4/ L5. The pain and spasms I get as a result are absolute modern day torture. I had another spasm today whilst a long way from home and my normal GP. I went to a drop in clinic and the doc prescribed Baclofen. I've never had such relief. I've had all types of medicines, from Valium to Celebrex and the norm over counter medicines. This is by far the best. Also have bipolar and am on methadone for a painkiller addiction. I have to say that I am excited by the prospect of how this new medication could potentially change my everyday life. And so much the better if it helps with anxiety and withdrawal from opioids."

tyga_nay (taken for less than 1 month) January 24, 2014

107 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 Next