User Reviews for Baclofen

Also known as: Gablofen, Kemstro, Lioresal, Lioresal Intrathecal

Learn more about Baclofen.

Baclofen Review Summary

7.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 9 medications used in the treatment of Trigeminal Neuralgia.

Reviews for Baclofen to treat Trigeminal Neuralgia

"This drug did exactly the opposite to me, as to what it was suppose to do. I had muscles pulling & drawing up causing horrid pain. I had to build up to 30 mg. over 2 months and at the end of that 60 days i was really hurting. The dr. took me off of it real quick, but it left me with a lot of damage. It has been over 6 months now, and i'm still trying to get back to normal. I'll assume i may have been allergic to it but was unaware until 60 days of taking this med."

Killimousky April 3, 2015

"I got immediate relief from my Trigeminal Neuropathy within an hour of taking this medication. This was after having several Radio frequency ablutions which would only last 4-6 weeks. I was suffering for over 7 years. I had tried Neurontin, Topamax, Lamictal, opiates and more."

Hlip October 25, 2014

"I am on 300mg daily oxcarbazepine (Oxtellar 24 hour) with mixed results for my nerve damage/trigeminal neuralgia as a result of a crushed cheekbone in a motorcycle accident where the initial fracture was right down the frontal trigeminal canal. One hour 10minutes ago took 5mg bacoflen and the results are very positive for neuralgia and also (an very importantly) my perpetually swollen left sinus which is very painful). I am going to do 5 mg three times tomorrow and see how it goes - I was supposed to take 10 mg twice a day to start and then 10 mg three times a day but want to be cautious. I expect even better results when I increase my dosage to 10 mg three times a day. I will report again in a couple of weeks."

ftnssb August 7, 2014

"Baclofen reduces the chronic pain of trigeminal neuralgia to a great extent. For me, it mutes the pain to a tolerable level. It does not reduce my ability to think clearly, as occurred with the use of various anti-seizure medications, i.e. Trileptil, Dilantin, Neurontin, etc. For me, it does not yet appear to have a reduced effect despite taking it over a long period of time. The side-effects for me are relatively benign and, in some cases, interesting. Higher doses cause drowsiness. Lower doses include the following side effects, - Subtle muscle relaxation - Increased muscle tone - Surprising endurance and lack of fatigue at high-levels of physical activity - Absence of soreness following the aforementioned physical activity"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 5, 2012

"Very effective for desperate pain relief"

Anonymous November 2, 2008