User Reviews for OnabotulinumtoxinA

Also known as: Botox, Botox Cosmetic

Learn more about OnabotulinumtoxinA.

Migraine Prevention 43 reviews 32 medications

Hyperhidrosis 2 reviews 9 medications

Spasticity 1 reviews 8 medications

Summary of OnabotulinumtoxinA reviews 101 reviews 6.8

Reviews for OnabotulinumtoxinA

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "I had this treatment in January 2015 and it worked for me almost immediately. I will say that I was already doing catheters and I still do them twice a day if I didn't I would probably never pass urine so something to think about. I wish that I had this years ago when I was scared to leave the house or was always trying to think of where I could get to a public toilet. I have secondary Multiple Sclerosis and would like to ask if anyone has had problems with their legs since this procedure? I am falling at least once a day and this had started since the Botox."

blueridgelover February 7, 2016

Botox Cosmetic (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Facial Wrinkles: "Urinary retention was a very scary side effect! I had to be rushed to hospital and I was on vacation in Mexico! I also experienced flu symptoms , one day was so bad I could barely move because of muscle weakness."

MemeB88 January 28, 2016

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "I am not having complete bladder emptying based on ins and outs of liquid. Is that a concern?"

Corny January 24, 2016

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine: "I'm on my third set of shots,and I'm experiencing a few problems, and I don't know if these are severe and should I be worried....on my left side my scalp is a little raw I have a huge knot behind my ear, I'm getting more knots in my head iIm nauseated dizzy have diarrhea, I can't sleep, I can't brush my hair.....my left side hurts this is the worst headache I have had yet, my neck hurts, my left side is numb the left side of my face is swollen my eye is swollen also only the left side. I get my next round of shots in March, it will be my fourth set of shots I haven't had side effects like this before can any body help me????"

melissa jaggers January 21, 2016

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Urinary Incontinence: "I had renal cell carcinoma that has caused. me to have retention and incontinence, I am going in Monday to have my first injection of botox. I am currently self cathetering and I hope after this procedure I am back to normal. Will follow up after procedure!"

Suez7161 January 16, 2016

For Migraine Prevention: "I have gotten (now) three rounds of injections. I feel like I got my life back. I went from having 16-20 migraines a MONTH. I didn't see a way out, I honestly felt like my life was controlled by migraines and I sunk into deep depression. Since starting these I haven't had to call into work sick once, and am down to about 10 a month. That'd still a lot to many people but from where I was at? I was nervous about these injections, and although I'm not a fan of the act of actually getting them haha, I won't stop getting them. They've changed my life for the better. Side effects? My eyebrows won't raise and lower like they use to. If that's the worst side effect I think I'm good. Plus my forehead will look great for years to come. ;)"

Esloanherr (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 15, 2016

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "After several years of suffering overactive bladder, using drugs that dry your mouth horribly, regularly getting soaked through, tried Botox injections last June. Uncomfortable procedure, but bearable. A week later I couldn't void at all, so started with catheters 5 times a day. Not ideal but quite ok, so much better than before. Quality of life so improved. Over 6 months on, can void 200-300 ml naturally most times, but still need 5 catheters a day for the rest. Will try it again. Much better than other treatments."

Gretti January 13, 2016

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: "I've been experiencing migraines since about 12 years old, I tried every medication and been in/out of hospitals. I'm 46 now and tried botox. I received my 2 series and my first was okay, but 1 month before , had a migraine for 2 weeks. Now, just this past week was in the emergency room, because I was crawling on the floor , my head was hurting so bad, and I was vomiting all night. I was still having around 7-8 headaches in the month. I will not be going for the 3 shot. I was still on the preventive, taking 2 different pills for onset. This seems like to much medication. I'm so frustrated with this. I'm just going to settle this is my way of life ;( "

Tarsha A. January 13, 2016

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: "I have had migraines since a young girl not realizing what they were. In 2009 the migraines started getting so bad they started affecting my day to day life. Many trips to the doctors, and neurologists changing prescriptions often due to lack of effectiveness I was worried I would never find a medication that would help me. None of the oral medications were helping me. I started getting Botox injections almost a year ago Skeptical but ready to try. Somewhat apprehensive about so many needles, I have to try to see if this might just be the saving grace from migraines. I am happy to report the Botox is a miracle drug for me. The injections are uncomfortable, but going from >15 headaches a months to 3 or less/mo. I am very happy! Thanks!"

Domina January 7, 2016

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: "It changed my quality of life for the better, but since having to change to new insurance, they will not allow it, so now I am back in agony again with Migraines!! I would give anything to be back on the one thing that has helped me in 50 years of searching!!"

Fernie January 3, 2016

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Cervical Dystonia: "I have cervical dystonoa for almost four years. I started with physical therapy, this was for 4 months. I then tried acupuncture, this was tried for 2 months. After going to several other doctors, l found a movement disorder specialist. Is is the best thing that ever happened to me. I now get botex injections in my neck every 3 to 4 months. I occasionally still have small tremors, but it is 90% better. The only thing that is difficult for me is the pain in my neck when l get the shots. This usually goes away in 3 to 4 hours."

Boston 12345 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 31, 2015

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "I have read all the posts and they all sound very similar. I will tell you I had the problem since I was a small child but it was chalked up as being a bed wetter. No treatment. Got married and symptoms not only worsened with intercourse but was treated as bladder infections instead of sever IC (was never diagnosed until many many years later). After having three children the spasms were so intense with the severe pain of IC I thought I would loose my mind. Pads were my best friend for the most part but would not be able to control the urine with the intense spasms so had a lot of wetting accidents even after taking every med created to treat the spasms to no avail. The vicious cycle became quite depressing. Always making sure I knew where.."

Leakyspazz December 30, 2015

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: "I've been dealing w. chronic migraine for about four years now. Just don't really know why I get them honestly. But I do know that certain things triggers the migraines, like loud noises & severe temperature. Anyway, I did my first round of botox injections about 3 weeks ago. My headaches are coming just about every day now. I'm thinking it's definitely the Botox thats kicked in because I work in a quiet area. The injections were FINE.. Just hoping round 2 works. But that is as far as I'll go. I quit meds about a year ago. They all failed to work after 3-5 months of use. I'm only 22. It is the most irritating, emotional, & aggravating thing I've ever had to deal w. Just wanted 2know if anyone here does anything 2help them?? Maybe exercise,meditation"

NaomiiB December 29, 2015

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "Had the Botox for overactive bladder November 21, 2015. Two days ago had the follow up. Everything went well at the operation, I could void before going home, little bleeding which soon stopped. Having some trouble emptying showing over 200 after voiding. I'm going to work on voiding completely. I do not wake up the 6 to 8 times at night now to use the restroom, I may wake once now. When going anywhere, now I'm not tied to the need to use the restroom every half hour like before. My urgency, frequency are more like normal now. Taking this time to work real hard on keegle's see in six months if that helps at all. BTW I have secondary progressive multiple sclerosis. I would highly recommend this procedure."

Cherokee Half Breed. December 23, 2015

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "I had Kenalog injected along with the Botox, the kenalog worked right away, but it took about 2 weeks until the Botox kicked in. It has about 7 months now. I had no pain for at least 6 months. The symptoms are just now starting to come back. And I should say they are coming back with a vengeance. Starting to get the sharp shooting pain in my uretha and the itching and burning in and around both my anus and vagina. I should make note though that my doctor did say the 5 ulcers now have combined into 3, and the largest one he said is on the left side, and that is the side that I have the most pain. But it was really great for 6 months not to have to worry about repeatedly having to find a restroom that's near."

dmariep (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 20, 2015

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "Hi I just got the highest dose of Botox in my bladder 6 days ago it hasn't started working yet! Can anyone say how long till they felt better? I have severe over active bladder no meds worked and I'm so desperate. I'm 38"

Melmeldray December 19, 2015

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: "I had my first lot of Botox yesterday. 31 injections, for chronic daily headaches and migraines. I was just wondering if how I'm feeling after is seemed as normal? My eyes feel very droopy and it makes it feel as though my vision has being affected. Also in still having a lot of pain in my head (not a typical headache or migraine) more pain and numbness where the injections have been - especially my forehead. I also keep going very light headed when I'm doing things, and feeling very faint so I haven't being able to do a lot. Can anyone please let me know if it's normal to get these types of reactions? Thank you"

Taryn555 December 12, 2015

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "Had second round of Botox injections in my bladder and have had constant UTI's and pain in my lower abdominal area ever since. I do not feel well all the time. I will not do this again. Not worth it."

Meshgirl (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 12, 2015

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "I had my first injections today painful but not terrible. My doc gave me Ativan 1mg po next time I'll ask for Valium 10mg po next time. I'm still having bleeding. They did not tell me to stop placix and ASA so if you take either or both ask. I'll call my doc tomorrow sat and check on that. I'm encouraged by all the good comments on this forum."

Terrimo December 12, 2015

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: "This treatment has been truly transformational for me. I'm on round 2, and already have gone from 24/7 chronic migraine with horrid aura to 4 days a week with the first round and now 2 days a week with this second round. My migraines are super short now... only an hour for the pain, and aura is much shorter lived at minutes to hours instead of days. The intensity of my aura is really really low now (instead of debilitating vertigo 24/7) and my pain is usually a 0-3 now with occasional 5 instead of 5-9 where it was before. It feels like I'm on vacation. I was really skeptical to try Botox, but I had tried so many meds prior and was desperate. Now I'm working again, spending time with my family, and enjoying life. Try it if you can afford it."

Kay247 December 5, 2015

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: "My first time we did my neck and trapezeus along with my head. I recommend staying away from the neck area due to very sore neck for several weeks. Now we just do 31 injections all in my scalp and back of head. No problems and I have been doing this over a year or two now. Reduced my headaches from 4 per week to maybe 1 or 2."

Jenn N R (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 21, 2015

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: "I've just had my third botox injections. I didn't notice a huge improvement after the first lot of injections, although there still was in improvement from having 3 to 4 migraines per week to maybe one or 2 per week. The second lot of injections caused 2 weeks for 5 migraines per week, but then the breakthrough happened. 2 months completely migraine free. I cannot remember the last time I have gone for that long without a migraine. Must be at least 30 years. I'm quietly optimistic that I have finally got a migraine solution that works."

Pamela B (taken for less than 1 month) November 7, 2015

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: "I have suffered from chronic migraines for years and have taken just about every preventative and rescue med on the market. I recently received the Botox injections and didn't realize there would be 31 one of them. I have to tell you, the shots were absolutely not a big deal. It was over in about 5 mins or less. In all honesty, I don't know if I would have gone if I had known there would be 31, but again I am very glad that I did. It's only been 5 days, but I do not have any side effects listed by others and while it would be great to get rid of the migraines all together, if they would only lessen in frequency and intensity, I would be equally pleased."

So Far...so good! (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2015

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: "I'm on my second Botox. After first one I had blurred vision and have to read with my reading glasses. Still have a migraine but with Advil or fioricet with cup of coffee migraine i last between 1-5 hours. I was very happy not to have them for seventeen hours and be in dark room. However my second Botox didn't give me relieve I was expecting. So now for whole month I have droopy eyes, constant neck and shoulder pain, and every day migraine. I am planning to go for my third shot because help with migraine, I can take other pain but not migraine pain."

Topicka November 2, 2015

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: "My first experience w/botox for neck pain/w migraines did not go well. A year later Dr convinced me to try again; migraines gotten worse. So had a series of injection of botox done only in neck area about 8 days ago. Yes I'll admit haven't had a migraine but the neck/muscle pain intolerable, such a stiff neck, hurts to move it, weakness in left arm down to hand. Hard to hold head up or turn. Muscle relaxers don't help, heating/cold pads don't help, already on pain meds no relief. Moving head exercises only cause more pain. Driving me crazy to b in so much pain and discomfort. Hoping it goes away soon or is this the trade off?"

Rosa Fernandez (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2015