User Reviews for OnabotulinumtoxinA

Also known as: Botox, Botox Cosmetic

Learn more about OnabotulinumtoxinA.

Migraine Prevention 23 reviews 32 medications

Upper Limb Spasticity 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Urinary Incontinence 0 reviews 49 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of OnabotulinumtoxinA reviews 60 reviews 7.2

Reviews for OnabotulinumtoxinA

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Cervical Dystonia: "I am soon to be 62 and have suffered with migraines since age 12 and cervical dystonia for many years. My Doctor suggested Botox for both and I can hardly contain my emotions when someone asks how I'm doing. Even now, my eyes are full of grateful tears...I have a LIFE again! Everyday used to be a struggle, but not anymore! To wake up without a migraine, or pain is like a miracle...No it IS a miracle! I love my Doctor for suggesting it. I love Allegan for making it available. If your Doctor says you're a good candidate, or you think you might be, ASK! It might change your LIFE!"

Queenofa (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 30, 2015

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "I had a single dose of Botox in 2008 for overactive bladder. I ended up with a partly paralysed bladder and having to use catheters ever since, and it is now 2015. Lies were told to me that function would return. It did not. My system has been poisoned and I have to self-catheterise dozens of times a day. My life has been destroyed"

Alan Ross July 29, 2015

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "After many years of mesh implants, gyroscopes, and prescriptions, I had the big injection. So far I am just upset. I have finally been able to stop the oral medications but not stopping wearing several pads per day and now the catheterization at night before bed. My doctor says it will get better when some of the effects wear off. Whether or not I will do thus again remains optional. My insurance has agreed to pay for the procedure so I still hold high hopes for a good outcome!!"

Camelady July 25, 2015

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "40 year old female with history of suffering with overactive bladder both urgency and frequency since 2009. I was having 2-3 leaks a day and at one point had to start wearing adult diapers.I tried all the conservative treatments-therapy, every prescription medication, and interstim in 2013. All of these methods failed for me. In July of 2014 I received my first dose of Botox, it helped a little with frequency not so much urgency. I just received my second dose of Botox on July 8,2015. This time my doctor increased my dose. As of July 13th I was no longer wearing pads or liners. I am one happy girl :) 6 long years of hope and finally something has worked for me. My frequency has decreased and there is NO sense of urgency and NO LEAKS. YAY!!!"

Laur1975 July 20, 2015

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "I've had an overactive bladder since I can remember as a child and came to think of it as "normal". Started taking Ditropan 25+ years ago but it along with other meds stopped working after a while. My urologist suggested Botox injections and it has been life changing! I sleep all night without having to get up to go to the bathroom 3 or 4 times like before Botox and can drink a cup of coffee without having to go at least 3 times an hour. I've had injections once a year for the last three years and couldn't be happier with the results. My suggestion is run don't walk to your doctor and have the injections! The results are as close to a miracle as I've ever experienced."

HappyBladder July 16, 2015

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "I have had botox for the last 5 years for this condition and I have to say I have never looked back! Each time I have a longer gap between procedures, 3 so far, and it seems to improve every time. I had vesicare before this and I had a really bad reaction to it so botox was my offered option. I would never hesitate to recommend botox!"

Alio (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 12, 2015

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Facial Wrinkles: "Botox has successfully the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on my face. I am happy with the results so far. "

kc1918 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 2, 2015

For Migraine Prevention: "Migraines for 30+ yrs; went from occasional, controlled reasonably well with Triptans. Approx. 4 yrs ago turned into Chronic Migraines w/aura avg. 6 days a week, and less and less relief from Triptans or Naproxen (allergic to Aspirin). Tried Beta blockers and just about every other known possible prevention; no positive result, only negative side effects. Had Botox injections 5/2015 and Magic! Not one Migraine for next3 weeks! Diagnosed that same week with Essential Thrombocythemia( cancer involves HIGH platelet count etc.), Taking low dose Chemo treatments plus blood thinners and Migraines have returned with increasing frequency. Will do 2nd Botox treatment in Aug. hope works for longer!"

Friktie (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2015

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "My father 84 years old received botox treatment in April, still today he can not empty the bladder by himself and continue using catheters. This part was not disclosed when presenting the treatment option. Will he be able to empty the bladder by himself when botox effect is gone?"

Johny10 June 13, 2015

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine: "This has been a life changing experience. I suffered from migraines for years having 3-4 a month with a constant daily headache. I tried everything and things helped but not like this. I haven't had a migraine in 3 months and the one I did have was nothing like the ones in my past. I still get random headaches but again nothing like before. I feel brand new. I feel free from my migraines. I would recommend this to anyone struggling with migraines or daily headaches"

Dwill89 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 9, 2015

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "I've had overactive bladder for about 6 years and tried many medications. Some of them helped a little for a few months, then stopped helping. Three weeks ago I had the surgery where botox is injected into the bladder. It didn't help me at all. I'm back to taking 30mg of Ditropan daily which helps a little, but not much. Am going to visit the specialist and hopefully there's a solution."

BMGBMG May 27, 2015

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: "When I did the first treatment I didn't feel much, the doctor said he was going to use just half dose to see if that would work for me, It didn't help much. Then, when I came back in 3 months, he put me the whole dose and I would say It took like 2 weeks so I could finally feel the results. It was awesome!!!! I never used my medication again and was extremely happy with the results. Today, I am going for my 3rd session. If you are desperate maybe this could be a solution for you! Give it a try! If you are scared, you actually haven't felt the PAIN from a real migraine to actually be willing to do ANYTHING to not experience it again."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 21, 2015

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: "Botox was the best thing I ever did for my headaches. I got my botox 2 weeks ago i had chronic migraines. I had a migraine when i went and one a day after. The doctor told me it may take 7 days to have the full effect. since the second migraine only 1 day after botox i haven't even had 1 migraine. Its a miracle. I'm a new woman. They don't inject it in cosmetic areas so you don't have to worry about a weird looking face I'm only 27.. I don't need botox so I was worried about using it for treatment there are risks of droopy eye. I did not have a bad experience I had the most extreme experience of no migraines. I have to share. Do this for a miracle"

ktomp April 25, 2015

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "My brother had Botox done last year for Bladder problems with MS. It has been the worst year since been diagnosed 20 years ago. He wasn't told he would need to use a catheter and he has severe vision problems. Has had constant UTI's terrible pain from using catheters and developed hemarrhoids after having Botox done. Now Botox worn off and still needs catheters and is in pain. He has been told he'll need to have more Botox so he won't feel the pain. Complete disaster and very costly trips to specialists."

GHC April 6, 2015

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "I was not sure about botox in the bladder but thank heaven I tried it. I had given up going out , walking, sleeping and even visiting people. I am about to have my third treatment. I still do my exercises regularely and find that it now lasts me well over a year. I had given, up until my specialist recommended it for me. I sure am happy I listed to him. I had been told that there was nothing else that could be done by two other specialist. For anyone out there that is not sure please try it. It only takes 10 minutes in the office and then I am ready to go. You do not feel a thing. I am 73 yearsold."

Greatful (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 18, 2015

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine: "It has helped decrease the number of migraines, but it certainly is not perfect."

Mr.SeanP March 8, 2015

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: "After 18 years of chronic cluster migraines, lasting 2-5 days each and occurring 2-3 times a month, I think that I have used every medication possible for prevention with no luck. Then every possible nasal spray, injection, and medication to end the migraine, they got better, but never went away and when I did not have a migraine I still had a headache. I had 3-4 days a month when I felt no pain in my head. I have just had my 4th Botox treatment, so at the 1 year mark, my migraines are mostly gone, maybe 1 during the 3 months and only lasting 2 days max. I have some soreness in my neck for a day or 2 after my Botox, but this cannot even compare to my chronic cluster migraines. I did not ever think that anything would give me this kind of relief."

Poodle3 Westerville Ohio (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 4, 2015

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: "I used to have migraines for so many years, no treatments work until I have BOTOX injections. Now just use over the counter medications."

Hermana January 27, 2015

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: "I have failed all treatments for my migraines. Botox was my absolute last resort. I just went for my 3rd session & have to say it's totally worth it. I've gotten up to 2 full months headache free. It's so wonderful to feel normal again!"

KaDel (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 30, 2014

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: "40+ years of migraines, foods, weather, you name it, day after day. Pills, ER, you name it. Finally tried Botox.. Didn't notice improvement first two cycles. Wits end. Started to help a little on 3rd, then wore off after two months. This time, full 200 units, no migraine for over a week so far.. That's miraculous!"

IdahoLady November 9, 2014

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: "After suffering from 15+ migraines that sometimes lasted 3 days, for over a year, my doctor decided I would be a good candidate for Botox. After my first treatment, I had about 10 migraines in total. Botox also helped against normal triggers that would cause my migraines. On days I wouldn't have a full blown migraine prior to Botox, I had mild headaches consistently. This all died down after my first treatment. The needle itself does not hurt, but the actual injection of botox does a little. If you have anxiety from needles, I would make sure you have an allotted time after the treatment to lay down. It definitely is worth the shots for a better quality of life."

Kim C. (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 9, 2014

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "I am a 33 yo mom of 2. Very busy, very active. All the Overactive Bladder meds didn't really help and dry mouth was awful. I backed out of interstim twice, and when I heard about this option I was scared but had to try it, interstim was the only other choice. I am 7 days post botox 1st time. It has changed my life. I no longer have to void 3-4x before leaving my house to go somewhere. After having cystoscopies done, I was nervous. It wasn't as bad as I thought. The bladder where the injections were was painful voiding for 2 days, but it was worth it. No more voiding 3x per hour. If & when it wears off, I'd do it again. I have headaches off and on, may or may not be related but it was a life changer for me."

RAV1981 September 17, 2014

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: "My wife started having chronic migraines after our 3rd child. We spent 3 years trying 3 classes of migraine medication with almost no benefit. We finally decided to try Botox injections. It have some relief noted after 6 months ( 1 treatment every 3 months). After 18 months she went from 12 migraines a month to 1. About 1 year ago our doctor moved and we tried to go without injections and they have slowly started back (now 10 per month). She is with a new doctor and we hope to see the benefit again. Having seen the benefit first hand, it may not be for everyone but I have read the studies and it absolutely can have benefit for someone with chronic daily migraines."

6 years experience with Botox (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 6, 2014

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "As of today I have received Botox for the forth time. I have explored over the years many, many options for treating my OAB (over active bladder) & IC (Intercystial Cystitis) including oral meds, physical therapy, a bladder sling (that was a good decision) & finally having the Interstem device implanted (that only produce a little improvement). I was my doctors first patient to receive the treatment. I am so grateful for this option. Before Botox I could not go far from home. Walking my dogs meant I had to wear a pad the size of a brick. By the time I made it home it would be soaked. At the age of 45I was depressed with my condition & options. Next week I am having my doctor remove my Interstim device. Having Botox is all I need."

Ranger520 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 8, 2014

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: "I have had migraines for 31 yrs beginning after hysterectomy. I average 16 migraine days every month that last from 4 to 72 hrs. I've tried every treatment except Depakot, which I refused because of the lasting bad side effects. I had the first of 3 Botox treatments in last month and had 11 days of migraines. Was hoping for less. My eyelids are droopy, vision blurred in right eye, and just now am able to raise my eyebrows just a little. I've read that these side effects go away by the time I get the next treatment. If it affects my eye sight every time, and I still have this many migraines, I'm questioning whether to continue treatments. "

Kathpb (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 20, 2014