User Reviews for Baclofen

Also known as: Gablofen, Kemstro, Lioresal, Lioresal Intrathecal

Learn more about Baclofen.

Baclofen review summary

8.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 16 medications used in the treatment of Alcohol Withdrawal.

Reviews for Baclofen to treat Alcohol Withdrawal

Review by Jezza53 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I had been alcohol free for 4 months since I started taking baclofen. I have degenerative lumbar scoliosis and have other obsessions (shopping, etc.). I increased the dosage quite quickly to 90 mg but got euphoria even hypomania and enuresis (bed wetting)on 2 occasions which disturbed me. I have now reduced to 62.5mg. I am still alcohol free (attending 4AA meetings a week). My thoughts have slowed down, no enuresis now and absolutely NO anxiety, no back pain, no shopping. Still only sleeping 5 hours but very calm and alert.

August 22, 2013 8:35 AM

Review by TheIceMan (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Great medication, takes away alcohol cravings and you can still drink socially, easy to stop after a binge, at 150mg/day adjust according to needs.

August 5, 2013 11:38 AM

Review by akogan:

I was suffering from alcohol addiction all my adult life (I'm now 47) and in the last few years alcohol abuse increased to bottle of Scotch every day. It cost me my family (divorce) which I deeply regret every single day now. Finally I went to First Step Drug & Alcohol clinic with a little hope and Dr. J.G prescribe me Baclofen 10mg tablets once or twice a day. When I've looked up the dictionary where it says this medicine is used for sclerosis treatment only. But: Baclofen created a miracle: I went through pain of withdrawal with great ease and didn't have cravings and stop drinking. After few months I started drinking beer. I went to my GP and he refused to prescribe Baclofen to me on basis he knows nothing about Baclofen to help alcoholics.

April 8, 2013 1:45 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Lioresal (baclofen): Baclofen is a miracle for alcohol and addiction.

November 26, 2012 2:05 PM

This medicine helped me to stop drinking almost immediately. I started on 200mg every 2 hrs and am now on 1200mg every 6 hrs. It is a miracle pill! I advise any alcoholic to try it!

March 3, 2012 7:24 PM

Review by BusyBuzzkill:

I am in my late 30's and have struggled with alcohol since I was in high school. In one way or another, I can connect alcohol to every major problem I have had in my adult life. Whether it has been interpersonal, financial, legal, or health related - alcohol has been the source of my troubles all throughout my adult life. About one year ago I was prescribed Baclofen to help with my sciatica. Little did I know that this medicine is also prescribed for alcohol withdrawal. Without even being conscious of it, or putting in any effort into quitting drinking, I just stopped. The cravings just vanished and before I knew it I had gone a few weeks without a drop. I have been on it since and have never had a craving in all that time.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 28, 2011 10:29 PM

A dream come true. I have some serious psychiatric problems and I'm addicted to alcohol. I slowly upped the dose and the side effects at 80 mg were vision problems, depression and confusion but they got away. Now 5 weeks later I quit drinking and feel more confident. Getting there!

December 10, 2011 7:58 AM

Wow! Is the only word to describe my experience to date. I have read the side effects but my experiences have been very benign. I have had no thoughts of drinking after a multi month period of increasing usage. My side effects have been an increase in self esteem, better sleep (although my sleep cycle has changed and I actually sleep less but have deeper more restful sleep) waking more refreshed, better mood, focus and clarity. I don't see many of these mood altering properties listed in side effects but they are real experiences for me.

December 22, 2010 6:48 AM

Review by no alchol:

I have just started this medication for withdrawing from alcohol. I have found it very good if anyone wants to stop drinking I highly recommend this medication.

December 16, 2010 8:25 PM

Review by Awarenz:

Has given me a much improved quality of life. Having said this I've seen this medicine effect people differently. It wakes me up and puts spring in my step.

February 26, 2010 12:22 AM

Review by dennis/ct/68:

Seems to be helping. I get thoughts of drinking but the cravings don't seem to be there.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 4, 2009 11:56 AM