User Reviews for Baclofen

Also known as: Gablofen, Kemstro, Lioresal, Lioresal Intrathecal

Learn more about Baclofen.

Baclofen review summary

8.4/10 Average Rating

Compare all 31 medications used in the treatment of Migraine Prevention.

Reviews for Baclofen to treat Migraine Prevention

Review by 00Lynn00:

I freak out about taking meds... but I suffer with tension headaches and nothing will ever phase them. I was prescribed 10mg of baclofen and just started to take half at night cause I was worried I wouldn't wake up... so far so good. No side effects and I woke up. After a couple more days of making sure no side effects I will take whole.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 24, 2014 12:06 AM

Review by Gardeniagirl (taken for less than 1 month):

Lioresal (baclofen): Helped tremendously with migraine and tension headaches!!!

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 14, 2014 10:40 PM

Review by CarolCT (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Tension Headache. I had taken 10 mg 3x day for years with no results. In titrating up to 20 mg 4x per day I have had miraculous results in relieving daily tension headaches. No side effects. Highly recommended.

December 30, 2013 10:45 AM

Review by iowacyhawk-husker:

Lioresal (baclofen): I have been taking it for 90 days. The medication seems to have leveled off the severity and frequency of my migraines. I take several medications and along with this medication it seems to be really effective. The side effects are a lot better than taking opiates or anything that makes you dizzy and ineffective. I take Topiramate, Bupropion, Amitriptyline, Gabapentin. When a headache hits I take a Sumatriptan and let it dissolve in my mouth.

December 22, 2011 6:25 PM

Review by migraine-free:

I have had migraines for 6 years and have tried every medication from, Topamax to Zonegran to Depakote. Since I've started taking baclofen 20mg x 3 times daily, 6 months ago, I have had one breakthrough headache and even then I was able to function. I'm not saying baclofen is the "perfect migraine prevention medicine" but for me, it's been my miracle pill.

August 28, 2011 6:12 PM

Review by femborg:

I have been taking this medication for more than a year. I also have Migraines at least once a month. This medication hasn't really done anything for my Migraines.

December 15, 2009 9:30 AM

Review by JNav:

Baclofen worked rather well for my Migraines with Aura. My neurologist prescribed it, my family docgtor was surprised to see it used for migraines but it did work.

August 31, 2008 11:59 PM