User Reviews for Carisoprodol

Also known as: Soma, Vanadom

Learn more about Carisoprodol.

Nocturnal Leg Cramps 9 reviews 17 medications

9.7
Muscle Spasm 144 reviews 54 medications

8.9
Summary of Carisoprodol reviews 153 reviews 9.3

Reviews for Carisoprodol

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: "I have taken carisoprodol for about 7 years 3 per day as needed. This is to prevent painful muscle cramps of my ribcage muscles, the intercostals. These muscles are mostly pretty small but very painful when they cramp. Tried flexeril 15 years ago for a couple of years. They put me to sleep and did not prevent the cramps. Dr then prescribed Robaxin which was unreliable at pretty high dosages. I developed spinal issues both in the neck and low back. Prescribed opioids throughout to alleviate pain of the back issues as well as the muscle cramps. Soma for at least the last 7 years. Very effective at preventing, and even stopping attacks. 10 minutes to take effect. No noticeable side effects or withdrawal. Maybe just lucky. Great med."

hikarl (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 27, 2016

Soma (carisoprodol) for : "I've been taking soma for at least 7 years due to several fusions neck and back, plus muscle spasms but it seems though the FDA don't think prescibing something that works is a good idea !! So now once again I need to go w/o them until hopefully my appeal goes thru. Plus I guess I'll be going thru withdrawal symptoms since they only give you basically a 30 day warning that the Insurance co will no longer cover them. Luckily for me since I do take other opioids it won't be as bad, but these are what helps me function better plus help me sleep. It's not an outrageously high in cost but with my disability check which is not much I can't afford to pay full price, that's what I thought Ins was for: well duh on me!I have enuogh problems and don't need this."

vikki459 (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 18, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "I have severe scholiosis in my spine beyond surgery and this medicine is the only relaxer I have found that works. I don't notice any side effects from it."

Mousey lisa January 14, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "Severe lumbar and cervical muscle spasms. Tried Parafon Forte with no relief I would rate this drug a 0 out of 1-10. Robaxin 750 I would rate this a 3 out of 10. Flexeril I cannot stay awake had to discontinue. Skelaxin I had to discontinue due to chest tightness and stomach issues. Zanaflex I had to discontinue due to severe hypotension. Soma I will give a 10 it is the only drug in its class that actually smooths muscle tone. I have taken it numerous times over many year's. It is a shame that professional sports were handing them out like candy and athletes were abusing the drug leading to a class IV reclassification. It is difficult to even find a doctor who will prescribe Soma a drug around since 1959."

86bluemr2 (taken for 10 years or more) January 10, 2016

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: "They work well enough to calm down spasm to where I can be mobilized.. Walk, bend, play with my family... And take care of them as well.."

Sissy yeye January 5, 2016

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: "Works for about and hour then my excruciating back spasms came back and it says take one every 8 hours!"

dizzy1959 December 20, 2015

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: "Started taking after spinal fusion constant muscle spasms with any activity. Can bite off a piece when needed never increased dosage in 10 years. People with addictive personality can get hooked on anything its just in there DNA. This drug helped me work much longer than I could have without it."

1roof (taken for 10 years or more) December 5, 2015

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: "I have been in a pain clinic for 21 years now, 20 of those years I have been prescribed Soma. this is a far superior muscle relaxant to the other 5 or 6 available to Drs. Most have no side effects and in combination with other medications (in my case) can live an almost normal life. The DEA/irresponsible people are to blame for the current problems we are dealing with now. TALK with your Dr. And anyone else who will listen."

Patient Advocate December 4, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "Soma is an excellent and efficient medication for muscle spasms. The only issue I've ever seen or know about from other people is it's HIGHLY addictive especially to people who have addiction problems. Unfortunately half of the addicts in the town I live in abuses them which punishes those of us who actually need it for legitimate medical problems."

Melsky693 September 28, 2015

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: "Soma is by far the best muscle relaxer that is under the "muscle relaxer class". Even with extreme stiffness and spasms that have been left untreated for years, Soma is the only muscle relaxer that provides relief. Many doctors won't prescribe it because they say it can be abused, which is a joke. The FDA doesn't seem to like meds that actually work. It's 100X superior to flexeril, tiziadine, etc. Soma works different -- it's the only muscle relaxer that slows down the nerves instead of just causing central nervous system (CNS) depression. All other muscles relaxers only do CNS depression and their theory is by slowing down the body, the muscles will relax. Not always true. Soma does CNS depression AND it works on the nerves. Best there is."

JJ222 September 22, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "I have severe TMJ disfunction along with a long list of other painful medical conditions, and I've tried almost every muscle relaxer out there (zanaflex, flexeril, norflex, skelaxin, robaxin, etc), and nothing comes close to the relief I get from soma. I also take a long acting pain killer with the soma 3 times a day and it's really improved my quality of life. The only downside is sometimes it makes me quite drowsy/dizzy, so I never take it before I have to drive somewhere. However I'd much rather be a little loopy on my couch than be in excruciating pain 24/7!"

Ruby92 September 14, 2015

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: "I have severe lower back sciatica problems especially on right side, and effects inner right leg. I have been on numerous medications with no relief from pain. But some which if I need only take at night and only take as needed. Yes I have been on this medication off and on for yrs because Kaiser will not cover then then do. So when they don't I have to try something else which as of right now has not helped with pain. Yes sometime I have slight lightheaded. But never severe. And with this medication I get to sleep and wake up usually so much better. But once again Kaiser as of July 2015 I was told will not cover and Drs can not prescribe. So once again I need to try other meds."

LaLoca64 July 28, 2015

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: "I've had muscle spasms in my back for 10+ yrs tried skelaxin, robaxin, flexeral, and norflex and they all barely helped but the soma helped tremendously!!!"

Dubsy July 21, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "I have been taking Oxycodone 10mg 4x daily this would help with my neck pain but never take away the pain completely. When I was prescribed Soma pain gone and reduced my pain medicine to almost none. This in my opinion is a great medicine. I never had any side effects like the Oxy which made me really constipated."

Mike1228 July 1, 2015

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: "This med is flat out dangerous..I'm prescribed Xanax 1mg three times daily. DO NOT MIX THESE TWO..I was on both carisoprodol and Xanax and I had not 1 but 2 overdoses accidentally - not on purpose. I literally was airlifted to two different hospitals within a month and a half. This is a great medication for its intended purpose however it is extremely addicting. It should be labeled schedule 2 in my opinion as to the danger this medication holds when taken with another CNS..I also suffer from panic disorder and anxiety."

Ndawg669 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 4, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "they call these muscle relaxers they don't do that for me. all these pills are to me is a sleeping pill that's all they help me with so I only take one at night so i can get some sleep"

dlparson (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 4, 2015

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: "I have experienced severe pain and muscle spasms in my back for 35 years. Soma along with my narcotic analgesics have been a godsend. Soma helps me relax and sleep and start to work fairly quickly. I take 4 a day."

lucky123987 May 3, 2015

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: "I have severe back pain due to an injury and the hundreds of bone marrow aspirates because of my leukemia. After many drugs (more than a dozen combinations). I find Soma to be excellent at relieving the muscle spasms, pain, and it also releaves anxiety similar to benzos and helps me sleep like no other medicine. I also take OxyContin with it and that is what keeps me stable and going throughout the day."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 20, 2015

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: "Good"

Namaste11 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2015

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: "This medication has worked wonders for my hip/skeleton pain. I need to get back on them."

MandaBeautyMark March 8, 2015

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: "This medication helps with my muscle cramping and helps me relax at night so I can sleep."

duttlinj January 29, 2015

For Nocturnal Leg Cramps: "I started with sciatic leg and groin pain 3 years ago, then after Physical Therapy and being on a traction machine, which felt great and helped with Degenerative lumbar disc disease, I started having Head to toes Full body Tremors. Well no Dr. that I've seen has ever seen anything like what my body goes through so My pain Dr. has me on Hydrocodone and Soma, Carisoprodol 2- 350 mgs a day I still have acute pain from bugling disc and DDD, but the Soma slows down the Tremors in 15 to 30 minutes. I am given only 2 a day/24 hrs but now I think I need one more a day because they only last about 6 hours. I am so relieved to have this medicine because the pain and burning legs an the Tremors muscle pain helps but reoccurs 4 x a day."

brendiejhopee (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 12, 2014

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: "From my experience, I have never had anything that works so well for my lower back pain. It is almost impossible to sleep at night without them. My doctor was hesitant to prescribe them, but after he did I was able to cut my pain killer daily dosage in half. I think the doc's should stick to what is proven to work."

que no (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 8, 2014

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: "Works good for muscle spasms and helps you to relax enough to sleep when in bad pain."

Peanutsmom4 October 19, 2014

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "Makes me feel like I have a hangover the next morning.. helps make me sleep very well."

pimp c (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2014