User Reviews for Carisoprodol

Also known as: Soma, Vanadom

Learn more about Carisoprodol.

Nocturnal Leg Cramps 9 reviews 24 medications

9.7
Muscle Spasm 134 reviews 53 medications

Summary of Carisoprodol reviews 143 reviews 9.3

Reviews for Carisoprodol

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: "I have severe lower back sciatica problems especially on right side, and effects inner right leg. I have been on numerous medications with no relief from pain. But some which if I need only take at night and only take as needed. Yes I have been on this medication off and on for yrs because Kaiser will not cover then then do. So when they don't I have to try something else which as of right now has not helped with pain. Yes sometime I have slight lightheaded. But never severe. And with this medication I get to sleep and wake up usually so much better. But once again Kaiser as of July 2015 I was told will not cover and Drs can not prescribe. So once again I need to try other meds."

LaLoca64 July 28, 2015

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: "I've had muscle spasms in my back for 10+ yrs tried skelaxin, robaxin, flexeral, and norflex and they all barely helped but the soma helped tremendously!!!"

Dubsy July 21, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "I have been taking Oxycodone 10mg 4x daily this would help with my neck pain but never take away the pain completely. When I was prescribed Soma pain gone and reduced my pain medicine to almost none. This in my opinion is a great medicine. I never had any side effects like the Oxy which made me really constipated."

Mike1228 July 1, 2015

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: "This med is flat out dangerous..I'm prescribed Xanax 1mg three times daily. DO NOT MIX THESE TWO..I was on both carisoprodol and Xanax and I had not 1 but 2 overdoses accidentally - not on purpose. I literally was airlifted to two different hospitals within a month and a half. This is a great medication for its intended purpose however it is extremely addicting. It should be labeled schedule 2 in my opinion as to the danger this medication holds when taken with another CNS..I also suffer from panic disorder and anxiety."

Ndawg669 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 4, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "they call these muscle relaxers they don't do that for me. all these pills are to me is a sleeping pill that's all they help me with so I only take one at night so i can get some sleep"

dlparson (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 4, 2015

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: "I have experienced severe pain and muscle spasms in my back for 35 years. Soma along with my narcotic analgesics have been a godsend. Soma helps me relax and sleep and start to work fairly quickly. I take 4 a day."

lucky123987 May 3, 2015

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: "I have severe back pain due to an injury and the hundreds of bone marrow aspirates because of my leukemia. After many drugs (more than a dozen combinations). I find Soma to be excellent at relieving the muscle spasms, pain, and it also releaves anxiety similar to benzos and helps me sleep like no other medicine. I also take OxyContin with it and that is what keeps me stable and going throughout the day."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 20, 2015

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: "Good"

Namaste11 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2015

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: "This medication has worked wonders for my hip/skeleton pain. I need to get back on them."

MandaBeautyMark March 8, 2015

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: "This medication helps with my muscle cramping and helps me relax at night so I can sleep."

duttlinj January 29, 2015

For Nocturnal Leg Cramps: "I started with sciatic leg and groin pain 3 years ago, then after Physical Therapy and being on a traction machine, which felt great and helped with Degenerative lumbar disc disease, I started having Head to toes Full body Tremors. Well no Dr. that I've seen has ever seen anything like what my body goes through so My pain Dr. has me on Hydrocodone and Soma, Carisoprodol 2- 350 mgs a day I still have acute pain from bugling disc and DDD, but the Soma slows down the Tremors in 15 to 30 minutes. I am given only 2 a day/24 hrs but now I think I need one more a day because they only last about 6 hours. I am so relieved to have this medicine because the pain and burning legs an the Tremors muscle pain helps but reoccurs 4 x a day."

brendiejhopee (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 12, 2014

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: "From my experience, I have never had anything that works so well for my lower back pain. It is almost impossible to sleep at night without them. My doctor was hesitant to prescribe them, but after he did I was able to cut my pain killer daily dosage in half. I think the doc's should stick to what is proven to work."

que no (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 8, 2014

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: "Works good for muscle spasms and helps you to relax enough to sleep when in bad pain."

Peanutsmom4 October 19, 2014

For Muscle Spasm: "Makes me feel like I have a hangover the next morning.. helps make me sleep very well."

pimp c (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2014

For Muscle Spasm: "Tension headache: My headaches are much better my muscles in neck were always tight. Helped great! I still get them but not as bad. However they do cause me constipation."

Spokane17 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 22, 2014

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: "Due to having AML (leukemia) and having hundreds of bone marrows aspirates done, I now have to take Soma due to lower back pain."

flowerchild1976 September 18, 2014

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: "The only muscle relaxer to work for me. No one wants to prescribe it anymore, however."

JazzyW1 September 4, 2014

Soma (carisoprodol) for Nocturnal Leg Cramps: "I have been taking Soma for 14 years and Dr's have tried giving me other muscle relaxants that do not work. When I first started taking them I felt relief very fast. My script is for 4 a day. I usually take 2 at bedtime and they give me the rest I need. They are great for leg cramps and any other muscle problems you may have. They have never made me feel weird or out of it. They don't make me feel drowsy the next day. If I am having a really bad day I will take one mid morning and then in the late afternoon. These work the best and I am not addicted to them."

redrobin73 (taken for 10 years or more) August 12, 2014

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: "I have suffered from many ailments in the past few years one of which was sliding on black ice while working hitting my neck and back on a metal step to my bucket truck. The muscle spasms I get are just awful...muscles twisting and foot looks deformed when it happens. Soma is the only medication that gives any kind of relief...I take it sparingly as not to become dependent upon it. It does make you drowsy...but I would rather be somewhat drowsy than be in that horrible pain."

cathie143 August 6, 2014

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: "I've tried every kind of muscle relaxer from A-Z out there and Soma is the only one that has worked for me. I take it twice a day with my pain meds and have had no side effects from it at all. I have spinal stenosis and suffer from pain all day every day and its so nice to have a little relief. "

myaeger (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 18, 2014

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: "Love it, it helps ease my severe neck pain, haven't had any side effects yet."

oldstinkyfisherman (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 13, 2014

For Muscle Spasm: "I take Soma for neck pain from a car accident. I get MASSIVE leg pain taking this medicine and nightmares."

Wildsugar (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2014

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: "I just recently had a lumbar fusion but have had back problems for the past 5 years. The Dr would prescribe Flexeril but it wouldn't help and made my heart race. So my surgeon put me on Soma and it works tremendously. Makes me a little drowsy but functional."

doart84 July 5, 2014

Soma (carisoprodol) for Nocturnal Leg Cramps: "A childhood auto accident left me with a severe spinal injury. Soma helps a great deal with muscle pain."

peanutmingo (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 25, 2014

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: "I was very nervous to take Soma after doing some research on it. I decided to take it after being in terrible pain, I was surprised that when I woke up in the morning I could function with little pain. I decided to take 1/2 a pill instead at night and I have had great results. Soma works better than the narcotics do especially at night. If they could just make it non-drowsy it would be the perfect medicine."

cautious but in pain April 17, 2014