User Reviews for Carisoprodol

Also known as: Soma, Vanadom

Learn more about Carisoprodol.

Carisoprodol Rating Summary

9.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 48 medications used in the treatment of Muscle Spasm.

Reviews for Carisoprodol to treat Muscle Spasm

"It helped me a great deal and when I switched drs nobody will prescribe it and I've taken it for 17 yrs without a problem with it and I was just abruptly taken off of it and these drs dont want to prescribe it because of its reputation and people like me that need it are the ones that suffer"

unjustly treated (taken for 10 years or more) April 25, 2016

"They do work wonders for not being a narcotic...Be careful thou I took to many one time and was at the bank teller booth and I couldn't speak. The guy behind me told the teller I was having a stroke but I don't remember anything but waking up in the emergency room with an accidental overdose. They do work but if your an addict be careful.....They are very good for there purpose......."

UMPIRE April 22, 2016

Soma (carisoprodol): "I was on Soma for over 20 years for fibromyalgia. I moved to a different area and no dr will prescribe it. What is wrong when you have tried every other muscle relaxant and I do mean every and none work ar they have bad side effects and the only relief you get is from soma and no one wants you to take it because some idiots might get addicted??? What about us? The people suffering because the only med that helps is off limits. I don't get it. It is 1:30 am and I am sitting up because the pain is so bad I can't sleep. Please tell me how I'm supposed to get up and go to work tomorrow and lots of other days with no sleep because of pain. Explain that one to me. Because right now I am very upset that I am suffering over some idiotic crap!!!"

Powder45 (taken for 10 years or more) April 8, 2016

Soma (carisoprodol): "I have been on somas for 5 years for my back spasms. There are the only thing that I have found that works for me. I tried many other muscle relaxants and none worked. I do physical work and they make it easier to move around."

Anonymous February 27, 2016

Soma (carisoprodol): "I have taken carisoprodol for about 7 years 3 per day as needed. This is to prevent painful muscle cramps of my ribcage muscles, the intercostals. These muscles are mostly pretty small but very painful when they cramp. Tried flexeril 15 years ago for a couple of years. They put me to sleep and did not prevent the cramps. Dr then prescribed Robaxin which was unreliable at pretty high dosages. I developed spinal issues both in the neck and low back. Prescribed opioids throughout to alleviate pain of the back issues as well as the muscle cramps. Soma for at least the last 7 years. Very effective at preventing, and even stopping attacks. 10 minutes to take effect. No noticeable side effects or withdrawal. Maybe just lucky. Great med."

hikarl (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 27, 2016

Soma (carisoprodol): "Why do most doctors not like to prescribe this? They say it's a bad medicine. It's the only one that has ever worked for muscles spasms for me."

silkgirl2 (taken for 10 years or more) January 26, 2016

"I have severe scholiosis in my spine beyond surgery and this medicine is the only relaxer I have found that works. I don't notice any side effects from it."

Mousey lisa January 14, 2016

"Severe lumbar and cervical muscle spasms. Tried Parafon Forte with no relief I would rate this drug a 0 out of 1-10. Robaxin 750 I would rate this a 3 out of 10. Flexeril I cannot stay awake had to discontinue. Skelaxin I had to discontinue due to chest tightness and stomach issues. Zanaflex I had to discontinue due to severe hypotension. Soma I will give a 10 it is the only drug in its class that actually smooths muscle tone. I have taken it numerous times over many year's. It is a shame that professional sports were handing them out like candy and athletes were abusing the drug leading to a class IV reclassification. It is difficult to even find a doctor who will prescribe Soma a drug around since 1959."

86bluemr2 (taken for 10 years or more) January 10, 2016

Soma (carisoprodol): "They work well enough to calm down spasm to where I can be mobilized.. Walk, bend, play with my family... And take care of them as well.."

Sissy yeye January 5, 2016

Soma (carisoprodol): "Works for about and hour then my excruciating back spasms came back and it says take one every 8 hours!"

dizzy1959 December 20, 2015

Soma (carisoprodol): "Started taking after spinal fusion constant muscle spasms with any activity. Can bite off a piece when needed never increased dosage in 10 years. People with addictive personality can get hooked on anything its just in there DNA. This drug helped me work much longer than I could have without it."

1roof (taken for 10 years or more) December 5, 2015

Soma (carisoprodol): "I have been in a pain clinic for 21 years now, 20 of those years I have been prescribed Soma. this is a far superior muscle relaxant to the other 5 or 6 available to Drs. Most have no side effects and in combination with other medications (in my case) can live an almost normal life. The DEA/irresponsible people are to blame for the current problems we are dealing with now. TALK with your Dr. And anyone else who will listen."

Patient Advocate December 4, 2015

"Soma is an excellent and efficient medication for muscle spasms. The only issue I've ever seen or know about from other people is it's HIGHLY addictive especially to people who have addiction problems. Unfortunately half of the addicts in the town I live in abuses them which punishes those of us who actually need it for legitimate medical problems."

Melsky693 September 28, 2015

Soma (carisoprodol): "Soma is by far the best muscle relaxer that is under the "muscle relaxer class". Even with extreme stiffness and spasms that have been left untreated for years, Soma is the only muscle relaxer that provides relief. Many doctors won't prescribe it because they say it can be abused, which is a joke. The FDA doesn't seem to like meds that actually work. It's 100X superior to flexeril, tiziadine, etc. Soma works different -- it's the only muscle relaxer that slows down the nerves instead of just causing central nervous system (CNS) depression. All other muscles relaxers only do CNS depression and their theory is by slowing down the body, the muscles will relax. Not always true. Soma does CNS depression AND it works on the nerves. Best there is."

JJ222 September 22, 2015

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have severe TMJ disfunction along with a long list of other painful medical conditions, and I've tried almost every muscle relaxer out there (zanaflex, flexeril, norflex, skelaxin, robaxin, etc), and nothing comes close to the relief I get from soma. I also take a long acting pain killer with the soma 3 times a day and it's really improved my quality of life. The only downside is sometimes it makes me quite drowsy/dizzy, so I never take it before I have to drive somewhere. However I'd much rather be a little loopy on my couch than be in excruciating pain 24/7!"

Ruby92 September 14, 2015

Soma (carisoprodol): "I have severe lower back sciatica problems especially on right side, and effects inner right leg. I have been on numerous medications with no relief from pain. But some which if I need only take at night and only take as needed. Yes I have been on this medication off and on for yrs because Kaiser will not cover then then do. So when they don't I have to try something else which as of right now has not helped with pain. Yes sometime I have slight lightheaded. But never severe. And with this medication I get to sleep and wake up usually so much better. But once again Kaiser as of July 2015 I was told will not cover and Drs can not prescribe. So once again I need to try other meds."

LaLoca64 July 28, 2015

Soma (carisoprodol): "I've had muscle spasms in my back for 10+ yrs tried skelaxin, robaxin, flexeral, and norflex and they all barely helped but the soma helped tremendously!!!"

Dubsy July 21, 2015

"I have been taking Oxycodone 10mg 4x daily this would help with my neck pain but never take away the pain completely. When I was prescribed Soma pain gone and reduced my pain medicine to almost none. This in my opinion is a great medicine. I never had any side effects like the Oxy which made me really constipated."

Mike1228 July 1, 2015

Soma (carisoprodol): "This med is flat out dangerous..I'm prescribed Xanax 1mg three times daily. DO NOT MIX THESE TWO..I was on both carisoprodol and Xanax and I had not 1 but 2 overdoses accidentally - not on purpose. I literally was airlifted to two different hospitals within a month and a half. This is a great medication for its intended purpose however it is extremely addicting. It should be labeled schedule 2 in my opinion as to the danger this medication holds when taken with another CNS..I also suffer from panic disorder and anxiety."

Ndawg669 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 4, 2015

"they call these muscle relaxers they don't do that for me. all these pills are to me is a sleeping pill that's all they help me with so I only take one at night so i can get some sleep"

dlparson (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 4, 2015

Soma (carisoprodol): "I have experienced severe pain and muscle spasms in my back for 35 years. Soma along with my narcotic analgesics have been a godsend. Soma helps me relax and sleep and start to work fairly quickly. I take 4 a day."

lucky123987 May 3, 2015

Soma (carisoprodol): "I have severe back pain due to an injury and the hundreds of bone marrow aspirates because of my leukemia. After many drugs (more than a dozen combinations). I find Soma to be excellent at relieving the muscle spasms, pain, and it also releaves anxiety similar to benzos and helps me sleep like no other medicine. I also take OxyContin with it and that is what keeps me stable and going throughout the day."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 20, 2015

Soma (carisoprodol): "Good"

Namaste11 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2015

Soma (carisoprodol): "This medication has worked wonders for my hip/skeleton pain. I need to get back on them."

MandaBeautyMark March 8, 2015

Soma (carisoprodol): "This medication helps with my muscle cramping and helps me relax at night so I can sleep."

duttlinj January 29, 2015

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next