User Reviews for Methocarbamol

Also known as: Carbacot, Robaxin, Robaxin-750, Skelex

Learn more about Methocarbamol.

Opiate Withdrawal 16 reviews 11 medications

6.6
Muscle Spasm 104 reviews 54 medications

6.2
Summary of Methocarbamol reviews 120 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Methocarbamol

Robaxin (methocarbamol) for Muscle Spasm: "I only took 175 mg of ROBOXIN and about 30 minutes later my heart was pounding out of my chest and I had a throbbing headache. That lasted about 2 hours. I'm on other medications and checked for interactions with Zoloft, Lexapro, and Wellbutrin. Anybody experience the same or similar?"

gfry38 (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "just started"

skinsfanandravens January 23, 2016

For : "I am not sure if I am an alcoholic or just loved to abuse alcohol. It started while I was in a bad relationship, got worse after it ended, and I could always stop if I had to (pregnancy, university exams, etc.). I stopped binge drinking to put myself to sleep at night (6-10 in 3-4hrs per night)-I wanted to just be healthier. I found that one week after I stopped drinking, I was craving for a drink and got a headache. I took Tylenol Extra Strength Back Pain that I had left over from healing after labour, and it helped me to sleep well that night. The down side is I was drowsy until about 12 hrs after I took it (4hrs after I woke up). But It helped me to get over that craving. I only neede to take 1 of them, one time."

Liz1976 (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "Made me feel very sleepy so couldn't take it."

Dee1978 January 12, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "This medication has done nothing to help my spasms and pain due to a car accident. Advil works better. I'm in so much pain and can not get in to a pain specialist for weeks. This medication is going in the trash."

AMaria83 January 11, 2016

Robaxin (methocarbamol) for Opiate Withdrawal: "Excellent! No loose bm's which can send you to the hospital."

Tx_Boots January 3, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "Did not react to this well. Had a concussion and occipital neuralgia diagnosis after a car accident and was prescribed this. I do not take meds well so not surprised that this wasn't good for me. I had an immediate reaction of extreme shivering and body shaking that I had to deal with until the meds faded. Did not reduce head tension or pain and just made me really scared by my bodies reaction. I never took another."

CAS2015 January 2, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "Been taking this medicine for almost a year. It has been a blessing to have. Helps would cramps and other things too. Doesn't hurt my stomach."

daisybean2974 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 20, 2015

Robaxin (methocarbamol) for Muscle Spasm: "Great"

Julie kylie December 14, 2015

Robaxin (methocarbamol) for Opiate Withdrawal: "I found this medication to be helpful with getting some sleep! Which is the worst part of opiate withdrawal to me. It also helps with the aches you get that feel like they're in your bones! It was a really big help especially in getting me over that 1 to 2 week hump! The most vital part of the withdrawal experience!"

Brianstancil December 11, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "I pulled a calf muscle a couple of months ago just walking down the street. I rested it and it gradually got better. Then the same thing happened a couple of weeks ago and this time it felt like I had broken a bone when I turned or put weight on it like climbing stairs. It got so bad I eventually relented and went to the doctors. I was prescribed these tabs 750mg. 3 times a day if required. I have taken 3 and cannot believe the improvement, there is virtually no pain and no side effects. Brilliant. I will definately be sending the doctor a Christmas card."

Ranticus (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2015

Robaxin (methocarbamol) for Muscle Spasm: "Helped back but may be giving me horrible headaches"

Meecin December 3, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "Went to the Emergency Room with lower left back pain and numbness in left leg. The doctor prescribed Vicodin and Valium when didn't eliminate the pain, but helped manage until I saw my GP. She conducted no exam and decided to discontinue the Vicodin and Valium and put me on Methocarbamol and recommended physical therapy. Needless to say it was back to the emergency room that night and I'm now looking for a new GP. Only made things worse - she was an idiot."

GoshKruse (taken for less than 1 month) December 1, 2015

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I am so glad I came across this site. I have Methocarbamol, fortunately, as it was prescribed to me for muscle spasms. Had a C5/C6 surgery last year which alleviated the spasms. But periodically still experience it so I get it refilled every so often. Never knew it could be used for opiate withdrawal. My percs scripts never last through the entire month so I find myself stretching it and towards the end of the month before refill time I start experiencing the skin crawls like most do. I came across this site today and will begin taking the methocarbamol for these WD symptoms. I'll post update to let you all know how it goes. Wish me luck!! And thank you for the input!! I hope it works"

DAKINE (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 30, 2015

Robaxin (methocarbamol) for Muscle Spasm: "This stuff saved me. I've got some kind of pinched nerve in my neck/shoulder no one can pinpoint exactly (since I was 17). First time I pinched it, my neck and back siezed up so bad I thought I broke something. I'm easily out 3 days without this stuff and can't move. 1500mg/ 3x day when it's acting up. Doc says this acts on every muscle, so after 3 days your dose has to come down, it's too hard on your heart long-term. Otherwise, it's a god-send. Keeps me working, still mild pain since good pain killers make me sick. After a few days I knock the dose down, usually back to normal in 5 days. It'll make you a bit sleepy at first, but that wears off and doesn't come back once your body is used to it. No other side effects to mention."

uncdub (taken for 10 years or more) November 30, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "It didn't help the back pain I have but it sure does keep you awake. I thought it would make me drowsy but it gave me insomnia. Tossed and turned all night."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 26, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "Since auto accident that resulted in Occipital Neuralgia i have had dull pain in back of head, tingling/numbness in scalp and face, and headaches. I'm a 43 yr old healthy female And Neurologist prescribed this to take before bed because I sleep on my back which was affecting pain in back of head. Took one 500 mg before bed and was awful. Instant body shivers, tight chest and couldn't sleep. It did nothing to make me feel better. I will not take again. Did instantly call Dr on call because was scared of the affects and was told might just be allergic. Regardless this did nothing but make me feel awful before and after finally sleeping."

TaS72 November 15, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "I didn't felt any better after I took it."

Dr Times (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "I have been dealing with an injured hamstring for 9 months and the orthopedic docs have not been able to provide relief. Muscle spasms got so bad I ended up in the ER. ER doc gave me this medication and within 45 minutes the spasms stopped. I take 500 mg 3 times a day. For me this is like a miracle. There are no words to tell you how much better I feel. I have no side effects but I usually don't have any issues with medication."

carolinagirl123 November 1, 2015

Robaxin (methocarbamol) for Opiate Withdrawal: "Didn't do anything for me second day on it and all it did was make my symptoms worse. Worse than just detoxing without anything"

Suzi 2 (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "This medication was provided to me by a pain management specialist after trigger point injections did not seem to work for me. I have been on them at 500mg now for about 5.5 months and they do not even touch the pain and spasms that occur in my body. Pain management physician is refusing to accept the fact that this medication is not assisting me at all and insisted I continue it even though I was incredibly light headed the entire time of use."

bcclark1024 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 5, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "I was prescribed 750 mg methocarbamol tablets to be taken three times a day for a muscle spasm under my left shoulder blade. I tried that twice with no relief so I thought I would up it to two pills. Nothing. Wide awake, still cramped up, the pain is a 5 out of 10 (compared to child birth). I might as well have eaten two crackers. I wonder if the manufacturer forgot the main ingredient."

Sparkyette (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "Taken with a regimen of meds to treat Fibromyalgia/Myofascial Pain Syndrome, stiff muscles, muscle spasms, and chronic pain from head to toe. The medicine works, no doubt. But the longer I've been on it, the more side effects or dysphoric reactions occurred. I literally need to get off it now after 18 years. The feeling of needing to move, itching body-wide, body temperature changes, double vision, and just about everything reported on these lists has now become noticeable to others as I change before their eyes. The feeling I experience is worse. Carefully watch while on this and have loved ones observe you. "

sharijoe (taken for 10 years or more) August 27, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "Thus relieved the spasms about 75% compared to Ativan but it made me nauseated and I would gag trying to swallow them whether I crushed them or not, and also I have to take 1000 to 1500 at one time to feel that 75% relief compared to just one MG of Ativan at bedtime . Possibly because the Ativan worked so well and I always tested negative on random drug screens (use vs abuse) I do not like this medication because my muscle spasms are so severe and I believe they are caused by my spine being so imperfect that only a true potent muscle relaxer works with me. Just an idea of the intensity of the spasms , they are so powerful my lungs can't expand enough to catch my breath . Yes they relieve it but not enough to feel refreshed upon waken"

lamoo July 11, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "I was currently taking Soma and Norco 7.5/325 for 2 minor herniated disc and a slipped disc. Also receiving epidural spinal injections. Muscle spasms were so bad that I ended up in the ER twice in four days. Full body spasms. While there, I had an IV both times of Robaxin, along with other strong pain meds. I just switched from the Soma since I actually felt relief. This is the first night, feeling a little pain, but not as bad as my normal pain level of 6. I am optimistic that this will bring some relief. Time will tell. It seems to work miracles for some and not others, for me, it definitely helped in the hospital, so I'm giving it a chance."

DawtieDawn (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2015