Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Clonidine

Also known as: Catapres, Catapres-TTS, Clonidine ER, Duraclon, Jenloga, Kapvay, Nexiclon XR

Learn more about Clonidine.

Reviews for Clonidine to treat Restless Legs Syndrome

Review by Relief with Clonidine (taken for 10 years or more):

Originally, I was diagnosed with Restless Legs Syndrome approximately 14 years ago. The symptom typical - when sitting (legs dependent) unable to find a comfortable position to relieve what I refer to as "a sensation of agitation in my bilateral lower extremities" and unable to find a comfortable position. Massaging helped to relieve the sensation, but short lived when stopped. The sensation was less obvious when laying down, positional change helped, elevation of lower extremities did little, and when walking the sensation not present. My "sensation" was discussed with my physician who wrote a script for Clonidine 0.1 mg. The only side effect I have - it still makes me sleepy after 14 years, solved by taking at bedtime, effects last for 24 hrs.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 5, 2014 6:56 PM

Review by microSuSu:

I have tried numerous drugs for RLS, including Neurontin, Klonopin, Lyrica, Mirapex, and clonidine (and possibly 1 or 2 others). Clonidine started out positively, giving me more relief than Neurontin. However, unfortunately I developed a very rare severe side effect called Stevens-Johnson Syndrome (a.k.a. toxic epidermal necrolysis), which has a high death rate. Needless to say, clonidine was D/C'd, and after lengthy treatment for SJS, I (cautiously!) tried a different drug. Ultimately, Mirapex and Lyrica have been the best, with approx. equal effectiveness.

February 7, 2010 3:35 PM