User Reviews for Adderall XR

Learn more about Adderall XR.

Narcolepsy 6 reviews 15 medications

ADHD 123 reviews 36 medications

8.4
Summary of Adderall XR reviews 129 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Adderall XR

For ADHD "I suffer from a fairly severe case of ADHD, and take 30 mg Adderall XR daily. Having been on this medication for quite a few years now and taking an almost 7 month break from Adderall, I've gained a better understanding of myself both on and off the drug. Adderall gives me a balance in every sense of the word. It helps me regulate my emotions, gives me the focus I lack, and allows me to feel whole inside. I also feel that it helps me with connecting to others. With impulsivity as a main symptom of my ADHD and one that gets me in a lot of trouble, Adderall helps me to be more mindful when I am communicating myself to the people that I care about. Aside from the mild appetite suppression, this drug really does wonders for people like me."

Courtpie447 March 3, 2016

For ADHD "Many doctors seem to be convinced that if you have an AD disorder, you simply can't get high on stimulant medications. This is NOT the case at all. First off, stimulant medications in general work well... very very well. The first day I took adderall I was at school. About an hour after I took my dose of 20mgs I started to feel this awake, alert, energetic feeling inside. I liked, a lot. For the next 5 hours all of my boring subjects became very interesting and I became a very social person. After about a month, those effects started to go away. I went to the doc and asked for a dose increase. Without any hesitation, he DOUBLED my dose to 40mg. I quickly found my self abusing adderall. 1 year later and I'm now in rehab for drug abuse."

michael santos February 19, 2016

For ADHD "I have MDD, GAD, and ADHD. The worse trifecta in my opinion. The reason why is because when I start treating one disorder the others get worse. Well I had gotten my MDD and GAD in check and on to treat my ADHD so I was given a very low dose of Adderall XR (10mg). It was way too over stimulating for me. I had so much anxiety that I couldn't even focus which is what Adderall is supposed to help you do. So I switched over to 5mg Adderall XR and while my anxiety didn't shoot up like the last dosage it still was ineffective."

Wibblet (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2016

For ADHD "Ughh I'm so depressed reading the positive reviews (I'm a bit envious I guess) but I take the adderal XR for ADHD and it would work for me for only an hour and that's it after that I would be a zombie. So tired, no motivation. Bed ridden to be honest. I'm devastated it works for so many people. I had such high hopes. Back to the scratch board again. I didn't want to believe it was the medicine because of all the positivity but it definitely is. Quite depressed."

Nicki9201987 January 7, 2016

For ADHD "Overall- I'd say that Adderall XR is better than Adderall IR. Sometimes I feel faint on Adderall XR. I can't take it every day because I get too tired. I have weird side effects with medications. I usually get all of the side effects when I take medications. I also have depression too. Hopefully, Dexedrine will work."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 1, 2015

For ADHD "Honestly taking adderall has help me very much. I no longer fight with others and I'm not overly sensitive anymore. Ever since I have been taking it my grades have gone up. Just a month I went from failing everything to passing all my classes. For me I don't have any negative side effects except one. When I drive alone at night sometimes I think I see something on my passenger floor move and it freaks me out immensely, but thats rare. Overall I my symptoms leave and go."

Nickname already in use October 27, 2015

For ADHD "I remember when I was 8 and put on glasses for the first time and was astounded that I could see each individual leaf. But I was more astounded that I had been living for years without that essential clarity. The first week taking Adderall XR was like that. At once I had realized just how disabled I was-- but also how capable I could be. Five months ago, I was on the brink of losing my retail job due to numerous register mistakes. After taking Adderall my sales numbers are stellar, and I feel like I can go back to college again. Only negative is the weight loss-- but since I was overweight anyway that side effect is just fine by me. Insomnia is an issue, but not overly frequently. Taking it immediately in the AM solves it."

cantos (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 9, 2015

For ADHD "It's been a blessing since being on adderall XR. I can think better and focus so I can succeed at a lot of things. Everyone with ADD should be on it."

Nba3 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 29, 2015

For ADHD "I take my 30 in the morning with a light breakfast n I'll be set for most of the day. It seems pretty Alright to me.!"

BigDDDP (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 27, 2015

For ADHD "Adderall XR lasted no longer for me than Adderall IR. I was prescribed 30mg XR twice daily with its duration being four hours before it stopped working."

InfiniteBravery (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 16, 2015

For ADHD "I'm an 18 year old girl and I have ADD along with Bipolar/Schizoaffective. Because I have psychotic symptoms, the highest dose of Adderall I can take is 30mg. My problem is, it doesn't keep me focused more then 3 hours or so because the dose is low and even though it's a low dose, I can't seem to eat at all. I've been struggling with my weight for a while due to hyperthyroidism. I'm 5'00 and 89-95 lbs. my goal weight is 100. I can't afford to lose more weight. The risks are outweighing the very minimal benefits."

ArdatLilith September 11, 2015

For ADHD "I started out taking the regular Adderall version, but it didn't last long and made me have horrible crash periods and steroid like rages. So far, the Adderall XR seems to be working better, but it does reduce my appetite substantially. I've had to start taking weight gain supplements to ensure that I maintain my proper weight. If I miss a dose, I feel pretty lethargic and extremely sleepy. However, the medication has allowed me to read and focus better than I ever have, and I seem more motivated. I'm also able to talk better with others, and my social skills have definitely improved."

Rufio03 August 12, 2015

For ADHD "I absolutely love Addreall. It helps me to complete my tasks and I have no problem skipping it when I don't have any projects or paper work to do. I don't ever think about it when I skip it. I believe it is a very great medicine for someone who is having a difficulty to focus on one task. Adderall has a bad reputation only because people abuse it. If you overeat, overdo or overtake anything - it will cause harm to your body. So it's not a surprise some people are getting addicted to Adderall. You have to UNDERSTAND why do you need it and why are you taking it. If you don't abuse it, if you take prescribed amount per day and if you skip it on weekends or whenever, you will be perfectly fine and it will serve you well."

AK4747 July 23, 2015

For ADHD "This medication is to my brain like glasses are to a pair of eyes with poor, blurry vision. Personally, this medication is what works best for me. It isn't perfect, but it is better than nothing. I have ADHD inattentive type, and I also have social anxiety. I understand, this is a stimulant so of course it will make my anxiety worse. But I feel more motivated and more confident in myself and my abilities. I resent taking this everyday, but I make sure to take this prior to school or work or any day I need to deal with responsibilities. Also, take it after you eat breakfast if you can. For me, the benefits outshine the negatives."

Morgashporg (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2015

For ADHD "I take Adderall XR 30mg 1 time per day, when I started I worked great as long as I took it before 12:00 noon, afternoon I was up all night, after about 3 months, I could not tell that I had taken anything, my Dr. added 1mg intuitive it seems to work ok, I am about to the 7th month and back to I can't tell weather or not I take it. I do not have a past of any dependencies or addictions (except nicotine) so I am not sure where I will go from here. All in all it is a good Med for ADHD. The only side effects are dry mouth and grinding my teeth as it wears off."

Jabwoods (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 12, 2015

For ADHD "Worked perfectly for the first week (10mg), my mind was completely clear and I felt almost no anxiety whatsoever. Second week(20mg) started feeling suicidal, worst i've ever felt in my entire life. Parents thought it was out of character, I couldn't stop crying- worst emotional pain i've ever felt (I've never felt like that before). Was convinced it wasn't the medication, but felt better as soon as I stopped taking it. If you're feeling this way while being on it, it's probably the medication... I was convinced that it wasn't until I started seeing that a couple other people had similar reactions. 19/female"

ggggg888 (taken for less than 1 month) July 11, 2015

For ADHD "Wellbutrin did nothing for me and Strattera caused erectile dysfunction and significant sleep disorders. My doctor slowly increased my Adderall XR dosage until I hit the "sweet spot" which was 30mg for me. 40mg made me a little jittery and anxious. In the correct dosage Adderall has improved my quality of life with no side effects. I should note that if I miss a day I am fine but any longer without it and I become lethargic - so remember to refill your prescription as soon as you can so you don't run out. I take the generic of this drug and it works great."

CPDenver (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 28, 2015

For ADHD "My son had been on Adderall XR (25mg) for well over 6 years and it has really worked well for him. I would say the only side effect that was difficult to deal with was the lack of appetite. However, after hitting the teenage years it has fallen back into normal teenage young man trying to eat everything lol. On a very good note: my son finished his 8 th grade year with A's & B's as well as a 3.4 GPA and is now looking forward to attending high school in the fall."

Pleased mom (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 5, 2015

For ADHD "I am only giving this a 7 because it definitely made a change in my ability to concentrate for long periods but it was not a pleasant experience. As soon as I took the medicine it would make me feel exhausted and tired. I would have to fight the tiredness to get any benefit out of it. By the end of the day I was drained. It also made me extra agitated. I couldn't focus on more than one thing at a time so when someone would distract me I would get very irritated. I also tensed up my muscles and had bad neck/bad pain. I switched to Ritalin but that was crap too. They put me on Vyvanse and it feels similar but less intense than adderall so we shall see."

Dee V (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 17, 2015

For ADHD "I have ADD caused by major depressive disorder and stimulants have done wonders for me! However, Adderall makes me feel very anxious and panicky, and I don't like it at all. It lasts a long time and sometimes I can't sleep at night because of it. Overall, it's an alright choice. Might switch back to Vyvanse"

cjoy79 (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2015

For ADHD "It made me more nervous than usual. It is less stimulating than Adderall IR. I decided to switch to Ritalin."

Parker2015 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 16, 2015

For ADHD "I started it a few days ago. It helps me stay focused and less anxious in public situations."

Poolman56 (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2015

For ADHD "This medicine is great for adhd but does not work for everyone in fact it made me feel angry,increased anxiety I've been dealing with and can kind of depress you i recommend adderall xr (even tho i stopped it) because ADHD is challenging and this medication made me very focused, like robot focused it was great! but i had to switch to prozac cause it gave me worse anxiety, if you have a problem with anxiety i don't recommend it,there are plenty your doctor can prescribe that don't have as much side effects. but all in out this medicine is great for treating ADHD good luck!"

Melvin am (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 22, 2015

For ADHD "Had the best results from Adderall XR. So smooth that I could concentrate and felt like the most normal person with absolutely no highs and lows. I could sit and concentrate for hours, go to sleep like normal people and wake up like other adults. Insurance quit paying for it and had to switch to regular Adderall."

brain never stops (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 29, 2015

For ADHD "The extended release tablets enable me to maintain a normal functioning rate, without crashing."

JHahn (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 22, 2015