User Reviews for Adderall XR

Learn more about Adderall XR.

Narcolepsy 6 reviews 13 medications

ADHD 88 reviews 62 medications

8.7
Summary of Adderall XR reviews 94 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Adderall XR

Review by Gilmoregirl: User Rating:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I'm so much more focused at work and home. But I noticed, if I don't eat, I'm a space cadet. Eating is very important, otherwise you're just wasting a good medicine. I also have ALOT more energy, By Far! I work the overnight shift at work, and it helps very much. Thanks Adderall.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 14, 2014 6:27 AM
Review by Ana<3: User Rating:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Adderall XR has been amazing for me. I was diagnosed with ADHD at age 5, and was on and off of stimulants since original diagnosis. As a kid I would go through bouts of taking it and bouts of pretending to take it. I tried to be unmedicated as an adult, but that only produced anxiety, likely due to my naturally occurring rapid thought processing and tendency to fail to complete projects (distracted by new thoughts). My quality of life is significantly better when I take Adderall and I see no shame to be had in that. I experience dry mouth fairly often, but overall it is amazing and totally worth it. I am however nervous about facing pregnancy without it, as well as breast feeding. This medicine really makes a difference in my life.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 20, 2014 7:55 PM
Review by Matt Kazmir (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: As a 16 year old junior in highschool, I never seemed to really notice how much I didn't pay attention to things that didn't interest me. As my family and friends have been saying how important getting good grades in junior year is, I thought deeply about it and found out that maybe I just don't care. Although it wasn't that, I really do care, but I just never wanted to sit down and do the homework. Because it's not interesting, even though I know how important it is. I eventually brought this to my mothers attention and she even noticed it for awhile, that maybe I have ADD. Eventually we went to a special Dr, he concluded I have mild/moderate ADD, started me on 15mg last month, didn't last all school day, and today i just picked up my 25mg

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 15, 2014 6:40 PM
Review by Zephead: User Rating:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Been on it for five months. At first, didn't notice any change. Now I find myself daydreaming less. Concentration hasn't improved much, but I'm less impulsive and think things through more than I used to. Instead of having thousands of thoughts at once, I now only have hundreds. I like it it helps me.

January 11, 2014 5:28 AM
Review by LongDongJohn (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: This medicine is amazing. I took it about 5 hours ago and still going strong.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 31, 2013 9:11 PM
Review by Elakshi (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: I was first prescribed Adderall XR 15mg in 2009. I was so fatigued that I was falling asleep driving to work. This medication helped immediately; I took it first thing in the morning, and it would give me a burst of energy. All of a sudden I was able to focus, and I stayed calm and rational amidst the craziest chaos at work. I absolutely loved the way I was when I took Adderall. I always took a break from it on weekends to prevent my body from building a tolerance too soon. That it would happen I had no doubt about; but I wanted to enjoy it as long as possible. (If you know the movie "Limitless", then you know what I'm talking about). I was still me, just better. Alas, I had to up my dosage to get the same effect. Now at 60mg.

December 22, 2013 1:47 PM
Review by DPhysicist (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I am 21, I'm studying in physics and I have been on adderall for almost 2 years now. I started at 15 mg and I am now at 25 mg. It was good the first year, very effective. But now, I don't think it really helps. I feel sleepy with it and I lost attention very quickly. I don't think the dose is the problem, I feel the effect and I think that increasing the dose will augment the anxiety cause by it (I noticed that each time I had to augment the doses, the side effects was worst). I'm gonna return to Ritalin tonight, it was way more effective. Or maybe another one with methylphenidate. Concerta didn't works for me, maybe biphentin should.

November 4, 2013 5:03 PM
Review by gomer1947: User Rating:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Couldn't live without it. Didn't discover it until a few years ago.

August 25, 2013 10:22 PM
Review by AmyR: User Rating:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: I have taken Adderall XR for YEARS now. I have MS & as a result have hypersomnia, which is very similar to narcolepsy. For years & years, I took Provigil alone for this & it was great. But eventually, Provigil was no longer enough to keep me awake. My doctor tried me on Adderall XR & it was amazing. I was able to stay awake ALL day long & felt great. I never had any real jitteriness. It does make me have almost no appetite at all, ever. Mostly I just don't think about eating, it doesn't really occur to me & when I do eat, I can't eat much. But, having been obese most of my life...this hasn't exactly been a problem!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 4, 2013 8:41 AM
Review by D Newberry RVT (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I am 25 years old. Over the last 3 years I have pretty muched ruined most of my relationships involving my career and my personal life. The most common symptoms I experience are: Difficulty concentrating and staying on task, caprishious behavior/severe mood swings, impulsive behavior/making irrational decisions that significantly impact my future, depression, and anxiety. I had a great job, and I had lots of friends. Unfortunately, difficult events took place that caused my emotional health to start spiraling out of control. I became diagnosed with ADD/ADHD in April 2013. Started Addrerall 30mg XR. It really helped me feel more motivated, less depressed, and I felt I could concentrate much better. I definitely recommend this medication!

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 27, 2013 5:40 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I started on 20mg Adderall XR 1 month ago. I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was 13. I was first medicated on Ritalin and I went off of it because it made me very uneasy on the insides. I managed to get through school with all applied courses because a gold fish had a higher attention span then me. If I could turn back time I would have chosen the Adderall path. Just a few side effects that really weren't to bad, I lost a lot of weight because it suppressed my appetite, it was all weight that I could afford to lose and I feel better about myself, I do however have to make a list of tasks before I begin my day or I just get super hyper focused on one thing for to long. I grind my teeth and I have to take sleep-aids but it's worth it.

June 26, 2013 4:01 AM
Review by JT07: User Rating:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Started off with Concerta in May 2012 it was not effective at all, switched over to Adderall XR 10mg in July 2012 for seven days as a starter dose, then started Adderall XR 20mg, I noticed a considerable difference between the two medicines instantly. I am able to focus for a very long period of time without being distracted, my grades improved exceptionally, I went from receiving grades below 55% now my lowest grade is 83%. The benefits of this medicine do outweigh the side effects for me, I noticed 20 minutes after taking Adderall, I have increased bowel movements, lower libido and decreased appetite. I stop taking Adderall during breaks and long weekends, the first day not on it, I am extremely tired, exercising and eating healthy helps.

May 25, 2013 10:47 PM
Review by Levi9 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I have been taking Adderall now for about a month. So far so good, it's helped me focus a lot. I felt good before in regard to mood, now I feel even better. I'm concerned it may cause libido issues when I have been on it longer.

May 5, 2013 5:34 AM
Review by grizley: User Rating:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: I was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea and narcolepsy 15 years ago, I have been on every formulation of Ritilan there is, but Adderall XR works the best for me.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 26, 2013 3:06 PM
Review by Kelbel926364:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I've been taking Adderall since my sophomore year of high school and I'm about half way through college now. When I first started taking it I went from D's and F's to straight A's. I loved everything. I wanted to learn everything. I also lost about twenty pounds just from loss of appetite. But now that I've been on it for a few years when I don't take it the withdrawals hit so hard. I can't even remember what the real person I was before I started taking it. My appetite sky rockets and I don't want to do anything but sit around all day. No motivation. I love being on it and being so productive but sometimes I get so overly focused I get really irritable with people around me.

April 24, 2013 11:53 PM
Review by DrBunny: User Rating:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: The best! No nighttime anxiety like on Concerta ,feel stable and able to think and be organized a good 10-12 hours . Also acts as an anti anxiety and anti depressant for me.

March 15, 2013 9:58 AM
Review by adds: User Rating:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I'm able to tackle life and with a good mood.

November 15, 2012 4:07 PM
Review by NBA (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: My focus and energy increased immensely. I did a 4 to 6 page research final paper in 3 days. I finally can focus on tasks and not spend hours and hours on one task because I dosed off and daydream. I also did a 13 page AP English within 9 days. I'm glad I decided to take Adderall XR at the end of high school and now I will be taking it while I'm in college. Is it a cognitive enhancer which is said a lot ABSOLUTELY NOT. It doesn't make you smarter, it doesn't improve your thinking, and it doesn't improve your memory. It just do what its suppose to do and helps you focus. The bad thing is that it is hard to sleep.

August 18, 2012 4:17 PM
Review by nopelol (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Amazing.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 7, 2012 1:13 AM
Review by Smiley - Reece cup (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I am 22 years old and never was a bad student throughout school but was always very unfocused when it came to reading comprehension and listening to lectures. I now work for a general physician and she seemed to notice my frustration with not being able to get anything done when there was a lot to do. I would get very aggravated easily and had very bad mood swings. My doctor prescribed me Adderral XR and I waS very hesitant to take it. When I started taking it I felt like I was much calmer, was able to do my job. It's really great me and my husband get along now because I'm not so uptight. It does give me dry mouth and insomnia but I can deal with the no appetite. Overall I think it is great!

July 5, 2012 4:35 PM
Review by LillyF (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Adderall XR works wonders. I can finally get my scattered brain to focus on one thing at a time. The downside is that it doesn't work as long as advertised. I am lucky if it lasts 6 hours, and I work for 8. Once I get home, I feel like I'm having a major caffeine crash. I've heard that once you adjust to the medication, you stop crashing so hard. I've only been on it for one month.

May 1, 2012 11:09 AM
Review by PWinega: User Rating:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine): It took a while to find the right problems then the right medicines, then the right dosage but once we did even my husband could tell the difference and I could too. It was an immediate difference, the next day with the Clonazepam I felt an instant calmness and togetherness that I had not felt before. I take 40mg (2 x 20mg XR) in the morning with Clonazepam 1 - 1 mg tab because I have panic attacks and anxiety sometimes. Then 2 -1 mg Clonazepam at night which relaxes me and I am able to not have nightmares and can sleep. Without the medicines including the Lexapro 20mg I have terrible depression, nightmares, cannot concentrate, the post traumatic stress disorder takes over and the hypervigilence is awful. The drugs have made such a positive difference and my husband agrees.

March 30, 2012 2:14 PM
Review by FUTURE MD: User Rating:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I am a 36 year old African American female graduate student who is currently applying to med school, while working full-time in a hospital pharmacy. I had been on Effexor 150mg daily for several years for depression. Last March (2011), I was diagnosed with ADHD by a LCSW with 30 years of experience in the field. Initially, I was on Concerta 36mg, but switched to the less expensive Adderall XR 20mg daily. I find that my concentration is much better, but I have lost 30 lbs. & have a decreased libido. After taking Adderall XR 20mg for only 3 months, I saw significant improvements in my MCAT score (8th MCAT attempt)! This year, I am will definitely obtain a competitive score & finally secure my spot in med school. THANKS ADDERALL XR!

February 14, 2012 9:45 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: It helps with everyday activities and I stay attentive and more focused.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 31, 2012 6:17 PM
Review by gemzy: User Rating:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Definitely makes me focus and achieve all things; through home and work. No more daydreaming! 30Mg XR.

January 17, 2012 12:40 AM