Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Lisdexamfetamine

Also known as: Vyvanse

Learn more about Lisdexamfetamine.

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome 3 reviews 2 medications

Binge Eating Disorder 0 reviews 1 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Lisdexamfetamine reviews 380 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Lisdexamfetamine

Review by hockeyisthesport (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: If you have social anxiety don't take more than 40 milligrams of Vyvanse because you'll be extremely anxious. I'd also suggest taking 0.25 milligrams of Klonopin in the afternoon to help with the moodiness and anxiety amphetamines cause as they wear off.

January 26, 2015 8:36 AM

Review by Joyik (taken for less than 1 month):

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I have been on this med for 12 days, so far i haven't seen a difference, in fact I'm thinking my Dr gave me a placebo. I have been very tired and sleeping more. I have tried Dexedrine and Concerta which I feel, worked better, but was harsh. I hope in time I will see the benefits.

January 20, 2015 2:35 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I can focus so much easier now, my thoughts are manageable and I can keep them straight in a way I never have before the only downsides are I am basically emotionless and it's difficult for me to let loose and have fun. Also another problem is when I miss a day I turn into a lunatic, like I am hyperactive, running on pure energy and unable to control what comes out of my mouth (thank God my teachers are cool!).

January 12, 2015 6:26 PM

Review by Olemissrbs (taken for less than 1 month):

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: My son who is nine was just started on Vyvanse for ADD. He was not hyperactive just couldn't focus. We struggled with from preschool to third grade. Held him back in first that helped a little. Then third grade about killed him. Medications were my last resort. Scared me to death to put him on medicines, 100% difference. Teacher said it was like a fog lifted. I'm like wow. Decreased appetite only side affect. But not bad.

January 9, 2015 10:15 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: Cannot get to sleep. Extremely angry / irritated when first get up.

January 4, 2015 7:13 PM

Review by av964:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: Vyvanse has changed my life, for the better. It gives me the motivation and confidence I need to complete tasks that otherwise would be daunting and unappealing. Talk to your doctor first to make sure you actually would benefit from it. The only down side is how expensive it can get if you're not covered.

December 4, 2014 10:30 AM

Review by lch8:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: Switched from Adderall to Vyvanse because I was experiencing negative side effects. Even on the smallest dose of Adderall I was anxious, had trouble with public speaking, and would have pretty bad mood swings. On Vyvanse I finally feel like a 'normal' person. My mom noticed a difference on the first day, and I no longer feel hopeless and discouraged while doing school work.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 1, 2014 7:37 PM

Review by Caraxx:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I have ADHD since I was very young. I've been on numerous different medications for it - Adderall XR, Concerta, Strattera, etc. Out of them all, Vyvanse has had the best results. Vyvanse helps me focus, get things done, act my age, and think before I act. I can focus on one thing at a time, rather than twenty things at once. One thing I have noticed about Vyvanse is that it treats my ADHD but doesn't take away from my personality. In other words, it doesn't make me feel like a zombie. I would definitely recommend Vyvanse to anyone with legitimate ADHD!

November 22, 2014 3:43 PM

Review by Coolbro21 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I'm 14 and diagnosed with ADHD when I was 4. But I started the 20mg medicine when I was 9. And I went from,F- to A's and B's in school.

November 20, 2014 6:41 PM

Review by Dan97:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: High schooler, last year failed with D's and F's now I have A's and B's across the board. I'm taking 30mg of Vyvanse every morning, and it has turned my schooling in a complete 100% success. Only negative thing I can say, I've been having very short tempers. Anything can make me go off, I had it before taking medication but now it's more common for me to get very faster. Other than that no complaints! For a school setting this medicine is amazing.

October 27, 2014 11:27 AM

Review by mustlovefood:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: Oh, if there was an 11, I would give Vyvanse this rating, if it was not for one side effect. But I am not 100% sure it is the Vyvanse. I have been having pretty bad chest pains since I started on Vyvanse a couple of months ago. I even went to the ER for an asthma attack. The trouble is, for the last few years (pre-ADHD diagnosis and any meds) I have been slowly growing into adult onset asthma. So it's tough even for the doctors to tell if it's from the asthma or the Vyvanse! The ER doc said no, Vyvanse shouldn't cause chest pains, so did my psychiatrist (who I trust and really respect). Long story short--I LOVE VYVANSE!! Has given me my life whole new meaning. I am the best version of myself. My whole entire extended family notices!

October 5, 2014 8:20 PM

Review by Ledoux (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I've been almost 3 years taking 30mg. Initially, it was sporadical. Now I just need it daily to function properly. Until one year ago I took Lexapro 10 mg Xanax 1 or 2 mg/day. Now I had to increase Xanax to 4mg per day and sometimes Rohypnol to try to get some sleep. I feel really depressed and it's getting worse, also easily angry, that didn't occur when I took Lexapro but my psychiatrist didn't think it was necessary to take it any longer. I have to make major efforts to overcome suicidal thoughts. Have awful tremors and recently a unusual chest pain.

September 29, 2014 11:13 PM

Review by Wife mother and full time job (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I have been on Vyvanse for 2 months now and started at 30mg. That did nothing at all. Then upped it to 40mg. I have headaches constantly, no appetite and constant mood swings. I'll go from happy to crying to just plain mean within minutes. If I'm not having mood swings then I'm pretty much emotionless. I also have manic depression and a severe anxiety disorder. Vyvanse has done nothing but make my depression and anxiety worse, and now causing maritial problems.

September 21, 2014 12:43 PM

Review by Klaude:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I've tried so many medications that really did nothing for me except give me more mental problems. When I started on Vyvanse, I felt invincible. If you've ever watched the movie limitless, that's exactly how it feels! There was this short period of time that I took a break every now and then, do not do that! It made me chronically bipolar but I've started up on it and it really is the best medication you could have. If you wish to get off of it, I suggest you do so slowly and on days you don't have it, drink caffeine. It took me 6 months to not have that addictive feeling, now I'm back on it because I'm going back to school. It's up to you to say whether the side effects out way the epic benefits. It took me a while to figure that out. Good Luck!

September 9, 2014 10:53 AM

Review by Niern (taken for 10 years or more):

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I was not officially diagnosed with ADD until I was 30yrs old. I have been on Vyvanse for over 10 yrs now. I have had to increase my amount from 30 to 50 and have now been at 60 for over a year now. Sometimes I feel it causes irritability, but other than that only dry mouth. It has definitely helped with my attention disorder. It initially made me lose 10lbs and then leveled out. I have always been athletic except when my chronic pain is too bad. My son has ADHD and took Concerts for about 2 yrs. It helped tremendously with his anger and outburst and his grades. I only wish that my parents had me tested when I was younger as we did for my son. It would have taken away a lot of heartache! My daughter never suffered thankfully.

August 14, 2014 12:24 PM

Review by Nanette' (Na-Nay) (taken for less than 1 month):

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: In England my mother took me to the doctor and being a nurse herself knew I had ADHD. The doctors wanted to put me on Ritalin but my mother said no, I would grow out of it eventually. In the US my attention from high school through college became worse, and I got into a lot of trouble. My grades were horrible in high school through college, even work. I had to take classes two to three times over again. The only way I would remember daily things was to write it down. Now at 41, I got help, and I am able to focus, complete tasks, remember without asking ten times, and sit still. It's never too late for help. Just wish I would of done this 35 years ago. My anger has subsided also with no side effects.

August 5, 2014 12:08 PM

Review by travvy (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I failed 2 classes in high school, could pass the driver test, Struckout with girls because I was too hyper. Good at sports didn't play well at the best level. I was on Wellbritrin SR. Passed classes with C's and 1B, occasionally got a date to prom. Got sports scholarships throught T&F, BBAll got a driver liscense.Things were missing got 16 on ACT, still little to hyper and struck out with college girls, passed 1st semester with 3C, 1A, couldn't remember street name. Doctor put me on Vyvanse 50 mg 3.0 GPA, got three dates, remember streets signs. Thank you GOD it is a blessings out of this world.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 30, 2014 3:42 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: Was placed on Vyvanse after extreme weight loss on Adderall. Started at 20mg, upped to 40mg, then upped to 40mg 2x a day. I got my appetite back, but the medication really did nothing else for me. I went into rages and had huge anger problems for no reason. Anything could set me off! I could barely sleep or focus at work/school. Basically, I gained back the weight I had lost, but everything else sucked. I couldn't make it more than 6 months, my doctor switched me to Adderall XR.

June 18, 2014 2:10 PM

Review by Changed my life (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I have been on ADD meds off and on for about 10 years. I'm 33 and before Vyvance I had tried Concerta and Adderrall. While the other two were ok, they did not benefit me nearly as much as Vyvance. In one semester I went from making a 50 on a College Algebra test to making a 100% on the comprehensive final. My professor said he had never seen anything like it, someone going from a 50 to 100. For the first time in my life I remembered to pay bills on time, I don't forget about the clothes in the washer for days, or forget to turn off the stove. I feel so much more accomplished!!

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 13, 2014 3:00 PM

Review by Teacher and Student (taken for less than 1 month):

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: My life has changed. I lived in the prison of my own mind which shackled me and withered my optimism like a flower deprived of water. But now I'm free. For the first time I know what it is like to want to do things and feel accomplished when they are done!

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 9, 2014 1:44 PM

Review by Nesto Rdz (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I am a male and 42 yrs old. I am an ASM in retail and a husband and father of four kids. The doctor prescribed 30 mgs the first two months and upped the meds to 40 mgs. I have only been on them for 5 months. I have seen and felt a huge change in my life style. I am more focused at home and especially at work. I am Mr. Mom and won't stop cleaning at home. I even cut and edge my neighbor's front yard. I lost 10 lbs and now weigh 197. I do feel myself get upset faster though. Because I feel that, I also stop and calm myself down. So far I have no complaints....yet.

June 8, 2014 12:12 AM

Review by ranran127:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I am 13 years old I've been on Vyvanse for about 7 years. It really helps me focus and concentrate on things that are important, it also helps me know when and when not to do things like talk when some one else is talking.

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 4, 2014 2:19 PM

Review by BColumbus (taken for less than 1 month):

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I was prescribed Vyvanse to combat daily fatigue caused by autonomic dysfunction. It treats those symptoms very well, but prolonged use has a large impact on my mood and personality. By the 2nd week, I was feeling very sad all day every day. A strange side effect that I encountered was that it made my armpits quite literally drip with sweat. The only other bothersome side effect is that it initially kept me up until 5/6 am, but that was remedied with 0.1mg Clonidine before I went to bed. I'm sure this medicine works very well for those with ADD and ADHD, as that is what it is designed for. If you are looking for a solution to chronic fatigue caused by autonomic dysfunction, you may want to consider other options.

May 31, 2014 7:32 AM

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: Awesome care for my child

May 24, 2014 11:14 AM

Review by pmpmanager (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I am 60 years old and a career woman who has always struggled with completing tasks despite working long hours. Had recently succombed to depression and loss of self esteem because I was feeling I was no longer capable of performing my job because of age. Suffered this feeling most of my life, been in therapy and was usually prescribed antidepressants or SSRI inhibitors to treat my symptoms but never cause of my symptoms. I did not even know adults could suffer from ADD. FINALLY a therapist took the time to treat the cause of my lifelong struggle instead of merely sedating me. MY LIFE HAS CHANGED!! MY JOB PERFORMANCE AND PERSONAL LIFE HAS IMPROVED. I ACTUALLY ACCOMPLISH THINGS. Why so late in life?

May 23, 2014 11:00 PM