User Reviews for Lisdexamfetamine

Also known as: Vyvanse

Learn more about Lisdexamfetamine.

Oppositional Defiant Disorder 1 reviews 0 medications

7.5
Depression 2 reviews 75 medications

Summary of Lisdexamfetamine reviews 402 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Lisdexamfetamine

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "I am 28 years old. I'm a cook in an extremely fast paced, high profile kitchen needless to say celebritys love to have their weddings there. When I take my Vyvanse I can cook at a 100% capacity for the whole 8 hrs. Laser focused, good mood, feel I can do another 300 covers after we're done, don't need any help in the line. It's just wow. If you work in a place where you're under high pressure and quality is demanded this is your drug. I've always had ADD since I was small. My mother was too negligent to do anything about it I was a failure in high school and it really sucked. I would read things and be like " what?" Lol I was bad now I take 60mg I take one around 1pm to help me through my work."

cook 1 May 14, 2015

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS DRUG! I like many of you really from what I have read had a great experience AT FIRST. I am 26 years old and do sales for a living. I was on cloud nine towards the beginning trail of this prescription. I was able to concentrate more than I had in months and was more motivated to go out and look for new leads for my company. I found that I would get dizzy or a tab nauseous but I found that staying hydrated and always having a water bottle with me helped out. I developed a problem where I would know what I wanted to say but when I went to speak it didn't come out right and literally made me sound like I was high or drunk. VERY SCARY!"

Sammyyyyy May 11, 2015

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "First started off on 30 mg for ADHD and OCD. I have noticed a complete 180 in just two and a half weeks and not just with concentration but my mood of frustration and confusion. In beginning it did make me tired but that has gone and I've actually had have dose increase to 60 mg. Overall, great medication for me."

ADHD free (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2015

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "Worked great the first couple of days - concentrated, laser focus and able to work hard. A few days in, I felt like I was on speed - couldn't concentrate, thoughts racing, difficulty completing tasks. I couldn't stay on it, I was so anxious."

millionairemind (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2015

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "I had my college finals coming up and I couldn't get myself to concentrate so I got my doctor to prescribe it for me. I was able to concentrate but the thing is, I have a lot of anxiety, and by taking these pills, it just makes everything much worse. I got really anxious and upset at the end of each exam, even if I knew I did well. I never had this type of behaviour before taking the pills."

JustineC May 1, 2015

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "Not a good experience here. My 10 year old son was put on it. He started hallucinating, hearing voices, he was terrified. Uncontrollable crying. He couldn't be in a room alone. He was going into panic attacks because he was so scared. He didn't know why he was scared or why he couldn't stop crying."

chris302 April 24, 2015

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for Binge Eating Disorder: "Vyvanse has had such a positive effect for me in regards to binge eating. My binge eating started over 28 years ago. In recent years I was bingeing almost every day. Since starting Vyvanse 5 weeks ago I have not binged one single time! I admit there were a few times that I over ate but I have not binged. It is such a relief to not have to battle with food thoughts, cravings and compulsions! Food is no longer the first thing on my mind in the morning nor the last thing on my mind before I go to bed. I leave food on my plate. I eat a quarter to a third of what I ate before. When I grocery shop the foods that used to call my name almost make me gaggy now. There's such freedom in not being in bondage to food. Continued in next post..."

KLW1975 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2015

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for Binge Eating Disorder: "After suffering from various forms of an eating disorder throughout my life, I've been battling binge eating for 4 years, which at times is out of control. I've tried other medications for depression and anxiety, but this is the only drug...the absolute only med that's helped with the binge eating. I am not taking anything else at the time of start & I'm now beginning the second month with only Vyvanse. At first while taking the med, I had no desire to binge eat & I would not have any urge to plan my day around the binging.This was unbelievable as I've been consumed every single day with binge eating. I have to say this med is exactly what I need while I work on the other components of recovery & therapy."

georgiagrl April 8, 2015

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for Binge Eating Disorder: "Im 16 years old and I have depression, social anxiety, and bullimia. I was prescibed to take Strattera for my compulsive eating. It actually started working by the second day while on 50 milligrams in the morning. I also take 2 milligrams of Klonopin at bed time and just started taking 10 milligrams of Celexa at noon."

Axel16 (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2015

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "Before Vyvance I had tried many other medications. It helped me quickly, I realized that I actually liked school and learning. Within weeks I went from failing to honors. But now that I'm older I realize that it alters my personality and my mood alot. And I find that when I dont have it I tend to feel like I am incapable of completing simple task."

PanixPanix (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 2, 2015

For ADHD: "I started taking Vyvanse in the latter half of 6th grade due to disruptions and conflicts at school. I took it almost everyday during the school year, until 11th grade. I stopped during the summers. I moved from 40mg, to 35, to 30, to 60, then to 50mg. As i took the pill daily, i lost appetite constantly. Though there was no concern of my weight, i did stay quite thin while i was on it. (i was not unhealthy.) However, after i ceased to intake vyvanse, i had a large burst of weight gain. I went from 140 to 210 in about 4.5 months. I bordered near "above average" on the body fat chart. This gain in weight was, i believe, the direct result of stopping the pill."

Kittensgwt (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 30, 2015

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "At first I was a bit skeptical. This is my first time using any pill for ADHD. It took at least 2 hours to kick in, but when it did, I worked on 3 assignments non stop for 8 hours and my brain is still clicking. This really helped me!"

ZeroAttentionSpan (taken for less than 1 month) March 26, 2015

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "26y/o male 5'9 170lb taking vyvanse for 6-7 years. Started with 30mg now on 60mg. I had previously been given everything else for ADHD but nothing stuck long term. Vyvanse has helped, coupled with regular exercise and healthy eating habits. "

elit March 20, 2015

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "It works but I am taking low dose because it decreases appetite."

h83p4x (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 13, 2015

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "I'm 17 years old and i have been taking vyvanse for 4 years now and i take 70mg. It works so well but the side effects are awful. My back, neck, and wrists hurt and i can't fall asleep and i have killer head aches and i have shortness of breath and i become socially awkward. Like typically im a very sociable person but when i take my meds i don't talk."

laurens20 March 3, 2015

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "I'm on Vyvanse for ADD and social phobia. I also take 1 milligram of clonazepam, which helps with the anxiety stimulants may cause. In my experience, you'll crash and feel extremely anxious, depressed, and moody when taking anything less than 60 milligrams."

hockeyisthesport March 3, 2015

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "I'm 19 years old and started taking 50mg Vyvanse today, being diagnosed with ADD. So far today, i haven't any problems focusing and actually WANT to get my work done. It did take around 2 hours to start working, but there were no jitters. I never thought ADHD or ADD was a problem of mine, but it does run in my family."

annohr (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2015

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "I'm 42, highly successfully in my career and family life but always thought I had ADD or ADHD . I got decent grades in high school and college but always felt like it was a struggle and I would have to beat myself up for hours with guilt and fear of failure to produce even passing results. After 20 years, I've decided to actually do something about it. I tried both Adderall and Vyvanse and Vyvanse is superior because it's less harsh. I've benefited from it but it does make me anxious.. I take Ativan to help with that.. I'm also on Brintellix. I hate being on tons of meds but if I can increase my quality of life and be a better person it's worth it. "

Gmony February 22, 2015

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "LOVE IT. I took Strattera for 4 yrs but switched because of terrible nausea and anxiety. The first 3 months I had terrible migraines, lack of appitite & trouble sleeping. Keep taking it daily to give body time to adjust. No side effects now and huge HUGE improvement in work, concentration and motivation."

attagirlfromHTX (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 5, 2015

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "If you have social anxiety don't take more than 40 milligrams of Vyvanse because you'll be extremely anxious. I'd also suggest taking 0.25 milligrams of Klonopin in the afternoon to help with the moodiness and anxiety amphetamines cause as they wear off."

hockeyisthesport (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 26, 2015

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "I'm 25 years old and was diagnosed with ADD when I was about 8 years old and also have a processing problem as well. This is the 2nd day I am on it and on 20mg (lowest dose). It takes a little while to kick in but when it does I do get a little jittery (which is a side effect); which only lasts a few minutes. I concentrate so much better with my online courses. when I was first diagnosed with ADD I was put on a medication that my mother said I wasn't the same person anymore and since then I was never medicated and struggled with the simplest things and also became depressed. If you have been diagnosed with ADHD/ADD I do suggest this for you and helps; with this med you aren't a zombie or foggy."

EMcG (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2015

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "I have been on this med for 12 days, so far i haven't seen a difference, in fact I'm thinking my Dr gave me a placebo. I have been very tired and sleeping more. I have tried Dexedrine and Concerta which I feel, worked better, but was harsh. I hope in time I will see the benefits."

Joyik (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2015

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "I can focus so much easier now, my thoughts are manageable and I can keep them straight in a way I never have before the only downsides are I am basically emotionless and it's difficult for me to let loose and have fun. Also another problem is when I miss a day I turn into a lunatic, like I am hyperactive, running on pure energy and unable to control what comes out of my mouth (thank God my teachers are cool!)."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 12, 2015

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "My son who is nine was just started on Vyvanse for ADD. He was not hyperactive just couldn't focus. We struggled with from preschool to third grade. Held him back in first that helped a little. Then third grade about killed him. Medications were my last resort. Scared me to death to put him on medicines, 100% difference. Teacher said it was like a fog lifted. I'm like wow. Decreased appetite only side affect. But not bad."

Olemissrbs (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2015

134 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: "Cannot get to sleep. Extremely angry / irritated when first get up."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 4, 2015