User Reviews for Lisdexamfetamine

Also known as: Vyvanse

Learn more about Lisdexamfetamine.

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome 2 reviews 2 medications

Depression 2 reviews 75 medications

Summary of Lisdexamfetamine reviews 347 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Lisdexamfetamine

Review by The other guy (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: 12 hours, 140 mg.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 27, 2014 10:14 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

lisdexamfetamine for Narcolepsy: My experience with this medicine has helped me through school very well and I don't fall asleep in school, I pay attention very well. It doesn't wear off until I get home. Then I'm really tired but the really tired part is okay I don't really mind. This is my key for school. I don't take it in the summer and whenever it's time for school. My Vyvanse is a really big help.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 25, 2014 7:22 AM
Review by Non Traditional College Student: User Rating:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I have always done well in school, but my time management, organizational skills, motivation, and overall thought/idea clarity have lacked. I went back to college at 29 to finish 2 year degree, and decided to finish 4 year while I am at it. I was diagnosed with ADHD this past fall, and put on Adderall IR then XR, then back to IR because it just didn't work that well, and quite frankly it made me too anxious at times. Dr. at school just put me on 30 mg of Vyvanse as an alternative to Adderall, and it works very well. I worry about drug interactions but it works great and I'm incredibly focused on my everyday tasks with this medication.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 19, 2014 1:04 PM
Review by pops15: User Rating:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I have been on Vyvanse for almost 2 years and have had no major symptoms. I had dry mouth, but that pretty much subsided. I did lose about 30lbs, but I'm 5'9" and was weighing about 240lbs, so it wasn't as bad thing. I have ADHD, I started this medicine when I was almost 40. I'm almost 42 and really have had a great experience. My son is on it for ADD, and my daughter for ADHD. She was just tested and accepted into the gifted program and he is 2 years younger and has had significant improvements to his grades and behavior. I would recommend.

March 10, 2014 10:06 PM
Review by b5555 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: This medicine made my anxiety worse. While I was very focused, I had a bad month while I was using this.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 28, 2014 10:28 AM
Review by Think twice (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I really want parents to take a good look at what they may be about to give their children before they do so. If dopamine deficient; Vyvanse will initially appear to be amazing. Until a "tolerance" is built up when it will leave a person feeling as low/moody and agitated as they ever have. Recent studies indicate that mood disorders may mask themselves as ADD/ADHD. If you or your child is experiencing any of the major or severe emotional side effects of this or other stimulants; please consider that it could be mood disorders brought on by a dopamine deficiency. This is what happened to me and because I was aware of the symptoms of dependency and mood disorder, I recognized it immediately.

February 24, 2014 11:48 PM
Review by Mamma Di (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: My daughter is taking Vyvance and she is seeing people following her, she thinks her phone is being tapped and she believes there are people monitoring her entire behavior. This is a really freaky side effect! She has a predisposition for Mental disease.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 6, 2014 11:55 PM
Review by Snoro (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I used to sleep for like 12 to 24 hours straight very often for 2 years. I would sometimes fall asleep at work at dinner time. That caused me to be inattentive, distracted and sometimes more rarely sugar high hyperactivity sort of speaking. Now ever since then my problem is solved I can get up early and perform my task like normally so it works very well for both narcolepsy and ADD/ADHD. It could even work for depressed subjects. It should be obvious enough that you're all set to go whether its to go to school and working at same time or full time job.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 5, 2014 9:44 AM
Review by 24yroldmale: User Rating:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: Was on Concerta 18mg for 3 years worked great. Stopped taking it, felt like I didn't need it anymore and I didn't want to pay for it then. Wasn't doing so well professionally or at home not getting chores done feeling real lazy etc. so I went back on the Concerta couldn't feel it this time bumped up to 36mg still most days didn't feel a difference tried Vyvanse definitely can feel motivation only doesn't seem to last as long as Concerta used to for me but I feel happy on Vyvanse, just wished it lasted longer also as a lot of people say less anxiety. I can say I don't have an anxiety problem on Concerta or on Vyvanse but Vyvanse feels like it has anti-anxiety medicine built into. I feel real comfortable where ever I go.

February 4, 2014 11:19 AM
Review by Chris Helwig (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: 40mg Vyvanse kept me awake all day, however, from the moment I took the 30mg dose I could stay awake and focused for 12 hours strait and still sleep at night. If I had this medicine in High School my life today would be 100% different. I would have excelled in academics and done much better sports.

January 30, 2014 2:27 PM
Review by Chlo queen (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: After trying Ritalin, Concerta, Adderall. This medicine changed everything. I am organized and focused for first time in my life, I'm 38. Only draw back is it last about 6 hours for me not 12. But 6 productive hours, actually finishing things is better than I've ever had!

January 28, 2014 9:40 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: My seven year old son is on it and he is so emotional. One minute he is fine the next he is crying and can't stop. As a mother this is very hard to deal with. I can't help him and he asking why is he feeling this way. I am going to have to stop giving him the medicine.

January 28, 2014 4:30 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: Vyvanse has changed my life in the best way! It's almost like a motivation pill. I can spend 12 hours in the library at a time studying, with little distractions. I made a 4.0 my first semester of college. I used to always want to work hard and study but could never quite pull it together, and with Vyvanse I can! The only downside is the dehydration. Remember to drink lots of water or you will get headaches!

January 28, 2014 10:16 AM
Review by Matty B (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I've found that Vyvanse combined with Effexor works quite well for me. Being focused and calm is a great way to live life!

January 14, 2014 2:38 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: Medication worked great now insurance decided to stop covering it

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 13, 2014 12:49 PM
Review by JohnM93 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I was diagnosed with ADHD, this year, at age 20 as a Sophomore in college. Vyvanse is the first and only medication I have ever taken to treat my ADHD. Pre Vyvanse, I had a cumulative 3.5 gpa in my first two semesters of college. Post Vyvanse after 1 semester of taking it, I got a 3.62 GPA. While my GPA didn't increase tremendously, I did notice that I could pay attention in class a lot better and that I was learning a lot more. On Vyvanse, I can easily put 12 hours in the library if needed and be way more organized. I recently obtained an internship for Xmas break, and I wouldn't be able to work 60+ hours behind a desk per week without it. Vyvanse has made a difference in my life.

January 3, 2014 5:03 AM
Review by Dave C.: User Rating:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I've tried others ADHD meds. I always come back to this one. It works the best. Downside, it's so expensive.

December 31, 2013 10:06 PM
Review by Ladwholived (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I was diagnosed with ADD/ADHD when I was 21. I had failed out of university, I was unorganized, felt like a failure, and was frankly quite depressed. Vyvanse helped me focus and think more typically, and I was better able to do my school work. I'm about to graduate with a GPA of 3.8 and my heart is set on a masters degree! My only issue with this medicine is the moodiness I experience when coming off from it every single evening. I try to be doing something alone at this time, since it only lasts an hour or so, but I become very introverted and irritable. I also found that I'm crazy tired in the morning and sleep in. I used to be up at six thirty every morning! But the benefits far outweighs the cost.

December 23, 2013 2:11 AM
Review by Thatkid777 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I am a junior in high school who was just diagnosed with both severe ADD and ADHD. I go to a pretty good high school where I achieved around a 3.2 last year (generally get a 3.6 but last semester of my sophomore year I got like a 2.7). After I got on Vyvanse my GPA went up to around a 4.0 and I am in mostly honors and AP classes. Although I was always thought to be smart and nobody ever denied that, they would say I was lazy and unorganized and simply didn't apply myself. Now I get A's without effort, my teachers love me, I hardly have to pay attention, and I also have a love for school/my subjects that I didn't have before. I am now excited to go to school and function on a much higher level. I would most definitely recommend Vyvanse.

December 11, 2013 8:37 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I started taking Vyvanse about 2 weeks ago. I am 14 years old I have noticed a huge difference and school and my grades have good from d's and f's to a's and b's. I LOVE YOU VYVANSE

December 8, 2013 6:41 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I have a 16yr old son who was put on Vyvanse for his ADHD 3yrs ago. It worked good for awhile made better grades in school. He had less impulsivity and was able to focus more. He had decreased appetite and needed to be put on another medicine to help him sleep. In the past year his grades went down. He was already on the highest dose of 70mg. He was becoming aggressive and very hateful. I found out that he was smoking weed and drinking. He told me he felt so jittery from his Vyvanse that was the only way he could relax. I put my son in a rehab and they switched him to Strattera and he is doing a lot better.

November 28, 2013 11:46 PM
Review by emie_13 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I didn't get diagnosed with ADHD until 7th grade. The switch from elementary school to middle school just dramatically failed. My mom always wondered if I had it but I guess just convinced herself I didn't until 7th grade. I went, fell asleep from not having interest in a dark room all by myself with a computer that I had to press a button whenever the small dot in the middle turned to a triangle for 2 hours. Anyways. I started on Adderal taking 20mg 3 times a day, increasing by 10mg every semester up until sophmore year. My doctor recommended Vyvanse because I hated taking so many pills so many times a day. Bottom line is I am on 80mg of Vyvanse and 30mg of Adderal/day. VYVANSE IS A MIRACLE!

November 21, 2013 4:44 AM
Review by Sleepymomof2: User Rating:

lisdexamfetamine for Narcolepsy: I was prescribed Vyvanse 50 mg for the treatment of my narcolepsy w/o cataplexy & hypersomnia. The first 2 weeks were great but I found my body quickly adjusted to this medicine making it almost completely ineffective by the end of the first month. The 2nd month, I went to 60 mg. this month, I'm on 70mg. I'm not falling asleep while driving, however I am still having episodes of extreme sleepiness and sleeping extremely deeply at times. I'm also going between sleeping 5 hours to 15 a night. My main concern is: I'm on the maximum dose so just where do I go from here?! I also have bipolar disorder/anxiety & I've found my need for anxiety medicine to be almost nonexistent, which is a great bonus.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 11, 2013 2:17 PM
Review by Sydknee (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: My name is Sydney and I'm 17 junior in high school. I started Vyvnase in Feb. this year. I started out on 30 mg, then went up every ten mg and now im prescribed 60mg. In the first week I was using Vyvanse I noticed a huge difference in everything. I could focus so much more on every thing. Comparing my 1st semester and 2nd semester of high school last year, I had an F and failed one class and had mostly B's and C's. My second semester of last school year when I started taking the Vyvanse my grades increased amazingly. Almost all A's and B's. Since I suffer from ADD, Vyvanse has made such a great impact on my life.

November 11, 2013 11:33 AM
Review by ADHD Wife and Mommy of 2!:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I stated taking Vyvanse on July 18, 2013. Stated off at 30 mg and worked my way up to 60 mg. the medicine has changed my life in a GREAT way! The only bad part is when it starts to wear off I begin to get moody again... I wish it'll last a bit longer!!!! But overall... Thank you Vyvanse!!!!!!

November 10, 2013 10:36 PM