User Reviews for Lisdexamfetamine

Also known as: Vyvanse

Learn more about Lisdexamfetamine.

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome 3 reviews 2 medications

Depression 2 reviews 75 medications

Summary of Lisdexamfetamine reviews 369 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Lisdexamfetamine

Review by Ledoux (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I've been almost 3 years taking 30mg. Initially, it was sporadical. Now I just need it daily to function properly. Until one year ago I took Lexapro 10 mg Xanax 1 or 2 mg/day. Now I had to increase Xanax to 4mg per day and sometimes Rohypnol to try to get some sleep. I feel really depressed and it's getting worse, also easily angry, that didn't occur when I took Lexapro but my psychiatrist didn't think it was necessary to take it any longer. I have to make major efforts to overcome suicidal thoughts. Have awful tremors and recently a unusual chest pain.

September 29, 2014 11:13 PM

Review by Wife mother and full time job (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I have been on Vyvanse for 2 months now and started at 30mg. That did nothing at all. Then upped it to 40mg. I have headaches constantly, no appetite and constant mood swings. I'll go from happy to crying to just plain mean within minutes. If I'm not having mood swings then I'm pretty much emotionless. I also have manic depression and a severe anxiety disorder. Vyvanse has done nothing but make my depression and anxiety worse, and now causing maritial problems.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 21, 2014 12:43 PM

Review by Klaude:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I've tried so many medications that really did nothing for me except give me more mental problems. When I started on Vyvanse, I felt invincible. If you've ever watched the movie limitless, that's exactly how it feels! There was this short period of time that I took a break every now and then, do not do that! It made me chronically bipolar but I've started up on it and it really is the best medication you could have. If you wish to get off of it, I suggest you do so slowly and on days you don't have it, drink caffeine. It took me 6 months to not have that addictive feeling, now I'm back on it because I'm going back to school. It's up to you to say whether the side effects out way the epic benefits. It took me a while to figure that out. Good Luck!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 9, 2014 10:53 AM

Review by Niern (taken for 10 years or more):

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I was not officially diagnosed with ADD until I was 30yrs old. I have been on Vyvanse for over 10 yrs now. I have had to increase my amount from 30 to 50 and have now been at 60 for over a year now. Sometimes I feel it causes irritability, but other than that only dry mouth. It has definitely helped with my attention disorder. It initially made me lose 10lbs and then leveled out. I have always been athletic except when my chronic pain is too bad. My son has ADHD and took Concerts for about 2 yrs. It helped tremendously with his anger and outburst and his grades. I only wish that my parents had me tested when I was younger as we did for my son. It would have taken away a lot of heartache! My daughter never suffered thankfully.

August 14, 2014 12:24 PM

Review by Nanette' (Na-Nay) (taken for less than 1 month):

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: In England my mother took me to the doctor and being a nurse herself knew I had ADHD. The doctors wanted to put me on Ritalin but my mother said no, I would grow out of it eventually. In the US my attention from high school through college became worse, and I got into a lot of trouble. My grades were horrible in high school through college, even work. I had to take classes two to three times over again. The only way I would remember daily things was to write it down. Now at 41, I got help, and I am able to focus, complete tasks, remember without asking ten times, and sit still. It's never too late for help. Just wish I would of done this 35 years ago. My anger has subsided also with no side effects.

August 5, 2014 12:08 PM

Review by travvy (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I failed 2 classes in high school, could pass the driver test, Struckout with girls because I was too hyper. Good at sports didn't play well at the best level. I was on Wellbritrin SR. Passed classes with C's and 1B, occasionally got a date to prom. Got sports scholarships throught T&F, BBAll got a driver liscense.Things were missing got 16 on ACT, still little to hyper and struck out with college girls, passed 1st semester with 3C, 1A, couldn't remember street name. Doctor put me on Vyvanse 50 mg 3.0 GPA, got three dates, remember streets signs. Thank you GOD it is a blessings out of this world.

June 30, 2014 3:42 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: Was placed on Vyvanse after extreme weight loss on Adderall. Started at 20mg, upped to 40mg, then upped to 40mg 2x a day. I got my appetite back, but the medication really did nothing else for me. I went into rages and had huge anger problems for no reason. Anything could set me off! I could barely sleep or focus at work/school. Basically, I gained back the weight I had lost, but everything else sucked. I couldn't make it more than 6 months, my doctor switched me to Adderall XR.

June 18, 2014 2:10 PM

Review by Changed my life (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I have been on ADD meds off and on for about 10 years. I'm 33 and before Vyvance I had tried Concerta and Adderrall. While the other two were ok, they did not benefit me nearly as much as Vyvance. In one semester I went from making a 50 on a College Algebra test to making a 100% on the comprehensive final. My professor said he had never seen anything like it, someone going from a 50 to 100. For the first time in my life I remembered to pay bills on time, I don't forget about the clothes in the washer for days, or forget to turn off the stove. I feel so much more accomplished!!

June 13, 2014 3:00 PM

Review by Teacher and Student (taken for less than 1 month):

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: My life has changed. I lived in the prison of my own mind which shackled me and withered my optimism like a flower deprived of water. But now I'm free. For the first time I know what it is like to want to do things and feel accomplished when they are done!

June 9, 2014 1:44 PM

Review by Nesto Rdz (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I am a male and 42 yrs old. I am an ASM in retail and a husband and father of four kids. The doctor prescribed 30 mgs the first two months and upped the meds to 40 mgs. I have only been on them for 5 months. I have seen and felt a huge change in my life style. I am more focused at home and especially at work. I am Mr. Mom and won't stop cleaning at home. I even cut and edge my neighbor's front yard. I lost 10 lbs and now weigh 197. I do feel myself get upset faster though. Because I feel that, I also stop and calm myself down. So far I have no complaints....yet.

June 8, 2014 12:12 AM

Review by ranran127:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I am 13 years old I've been on Vyvanse for about 7 years. It really helps me focus and concentrate on things that are important, it also helps me know when and when not to do things like talk when some one else is talking.

June 4, 2014 2:19 PM

Review by BColumbus (taken for less than 1 month):

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I was prescribed Vyvanse to combat daily fatigue caused by autonomic dysfunction. It treats those symptoms very well, but prolonged use has a large impact on my mood and personality. By the 2nd week, I was feeling very sad all day every day. A strange side effect that I encountered was that it made my armpits quite literally drip with sweat. The only other bothersome side effect is that it initially kept me up until 5/6 am, but that was remedied with 0.1mg Clonidine before I went to bed. I'm sure this medicine works very well for those with ADD and ADHD, as that is what it is designed for. If you are looking for a solution to chronic fatigue caused by autonomic dysfunction, you may want to consider other options.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 31, 2014 7:32 AM

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: Awesome care for my child

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 24, 2014 11:14 AM

Review by pmpmanager (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I am 60 years old and a career woman who has always struggled with completing tasks despite working long hours. Had recently succombed to depression and loss of self esteem because I was feeling I was no longer capable of performing my job because of age. Suffered this feeling most of my life, been in therapy and was usually prescribed antidepressants or SSRI inhibitors to treat my symptoms but never cause of my symptoms. I did not even know adults could suffer from ADD. FINALLY a therapist took the time to treat the cause of my lifelong struggle instead of merely sedating me. MY LIFE HAS CHANGED!! MY JOB PERFORMANCE AND PERSONAL LIFE HAS IMPROVED. I ACTUALLY ACCOMPLISH THINGS. Why so late in life?

May 23, 2014 11:00 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: Vyvanse 60mg ( 19 years old, 138 lbs ) Suffered of ADD since I was 7 years old. Never consulted before, I am now 19 years old. I just got my first prescription, I always had issue with my grades and I always had to work 5 times more than every other student for the same grade. Today after my first pill I just realized that in a normal condition my brain was only working at only 20% of its full capacity when studying, reading, driving or even in sexual relation (I had erectile dysfunction) and today with the pill I just felt invincible and in a super good mood (not understanding what you're studying or simply reading is just depressing). The pill made effect after 1 hour and it last approximately 10-12 hours. I really recommend Vyvanse.

May 22, 2014 1:14 AM

Review by Pmd D:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: Consistent control of symptoms all day.

May 19, 2014 10:04 AM

Review by Bobster46 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: Very smooth stimulant. Effective for a little over 8 hours in my experience, not the 12 or 13 hours the manufacturer claims. I take 40mg and have for over a month and have no need to up the dose. I gave it 9/10 instead of 10/10 because it takes 2 to 3 hours to start working. But there is no crash and is incredibly smooth compared to IR Adderall, Focalin or Ritalin. I also have an prescription for 10mg IR Adderall to take at 5pm so after work I can study or work out or just be productive because by 5pm the Vyvanse has totally worn off.

May 5, 2014 6:49 PM

Review by Atlas01:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I have been taking 30mg of Vyvanse for one week now. It works great. The first day I could really feel the amphetamine and found it too strong and unpleasant but on day 2 I did not feel bad from it. It lasts long, probably 12-14 hours and is very smooth. The crash is relatively mild. Previously I have been on dexamphetamine IR 3x10mg/day for one month which worked really well, but I wanted something that is sustained released. Before that I was on Ritalin IR and LA for over 15 years. The Methylphenidate just did not work as well as it used to and I found the side effects more and more unpleasant. I can really recommend Vyvanse so far. I am really calm from it and can focus very well on tasks. It also has less cardiac side effects than others.

April 28, 2014 5:20 AM

Review by Stacy1261:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: It's good during the day for my attention but I have to force myself to eat, I've had bad headaches..probably from not eating enough. Also as the evening progresses I notice I start feeling moody and depressed. I sometimes cry over the most silliest things. I also notice my appetite comes back later in the night as well. Which could turn into a bad thing with weight gain. Normally can't fall asleep till around 2-3am every night. I know there seems to be more cons than pros but overall I rate Vyvanse a 7 due to the fact my mind isn't all over the place, when someone is talking to me I'm actually listening. I seem to be in a better mood during the day..night time is my downfall!

April 26, 2014 1:52 AM

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: My 8yr old daughter has been on Vyvanse for almost 2yrs. She started on 20mg a day, she seemed to be doing better as far as focusing, but very emotional. Her doctor decided to up her dose to 30mg and now 40mg. The 40mg also seemed to help at school her grades went up and she was able to pay attention. I'm now noticing that my little girl is not the same person, she's has become rude, depressed, emotional, getting in trouble, suicidal and just out of control. Parents really should keep a journal of changing side effects they notice. Needless to say my daughter is no longer taking this medication and not yet found one to replace it.

April 23, 2014 12:36 AM

Review by ajv14 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I wouldn't typically give any drug such a high rating, but Vyvanse has truly changed my life with few if any side effects. I take 20 mg once a day, and it lasts 12 to 14 hours. It took about 2 weeks of trial and error to find the dosage, but it was very worthwhile. I am happier, less anxious, and significantly more organized than I have ever been. I am a student and many areas of my life--academics, social functioning, general health, etc.--have all improved greatly. The inattentive fog has cleared, and I finally feel able to create the life I want to be living. Better control over my life has also given me back self-esteem and stabilized my moods. I am so grateful.

April 16, 2014 5:10 PM

Review by The other guy (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: 12 hours, 140 mg.

March 27, 2014 10:14 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Narcolepsy: My experience with this medicine has helped me through school very well and I don't fall asleep in school, I pay attention very well. It doesn't wear off until I get home. Then I'm really tired but the really tired part is okay I don't really mind. This is my key for school. I don't take it in the summer and whenever it's time for school. My Vyvanse is a really big help.

March 25, 2014 7:22 AM

Review by Non Traditional College Student:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I have always done well in school, but my time management, organizational skills, motivation, and overall thought/idea clarity have lacked. I went back to college at 29 to finish 2 year degree, and decided to finish 4 year while I am at it. I was diagnosed with ADHD this past fall, and put on Adderall IR then XR, then back to IR because it just didn't work that well, and quite frankly it made me too anxious at times. Dr. at school just put me on 30 mg of Vyvanse as an alternative to Adderall, and it works very well. I worry about drug interactions but it works great and I'm incredibly focused on my everyday tasks with this medication.

March 19, 2014 1:04 PM

Review by pops15:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I have been on Vyvanse for almost 2 years and have had no major symptoms. I had dry mouth, but that pretty much subsided. I did lose about 30lbs, but I'm 5'9" and was weighing about 240lbs, so it wasn't as bad thing. I have ADHD, I started this medicine when I was almost 40. I'm almost 42 and really have had a great experience. My son is on it for ADD, and my daughter for ADHD. She was just tested and accepted into the gifted program and he is 2 years younger and has had significant improvements to his grades and behavior. I would recommend.

March 10, 2014 10:06 PM