User Reviews for Lisdexamfetamine

Also known as: Vyvanse

Learn more about Lisdexamfetamine.

Lisdexamfetamine review summary

8.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 15 medications used in the treatment of Narcolepsy.

Reviews for Lisdexamfetamine to treat Narcolepsy

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

My experience with this medicine has helped me through school very well and I don't fall asleep in school, I pay attention very well. It doesn't wear off until I get home. Then I'm really tired but the really tired part is okay I don't really mind. This is my key for school. I don't take it in the summer and whenever it's time for school. My Vyvanse is a really big help.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 25, 2014 7:22 AM

Review by Sleepymomof2:

I was prescribed Vyvanse 50 mg for the treatment of my narcolepsy w/o cataplexy & hypersomnia. The first 2 weeks were great but I found my body quickly adjusted to this medicine making it almost completely ineffective by the end of the first month. The 2nd month, I went to 60 mg. this month, I'm on 70mg. I'm not falling asleep while driving, however I am still having episodes of extreme sleepiness and sleeping extremely deeply at times. I'm also going between sleeping 5 hours to 15 a night. My main concern is: I'm on the maximum dose so just where do I go from here?! I also have bipolar disorder/anxiety & I've found my need for anxiety medicine to be almost nonexistent, which is a great bonus.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 11, 2013 2:17 PM

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): Its my 3rd day and I love the fact I can function and take care of my 5 month old without struggling. I'm on the 30 mg only reason I didn't give it a ten is I take it at 6 am and by 2pm I'm super tired again...other than that love it.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 7, 2011 10:42 AM

Review by Ceigeme:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): I have sleep apnea, and somewhere in the last 7 months developed narcolepsy. I almost lost my job, and spent 4.5 months on disability because I couldn't stay awake at my desk. I was falling asleep in my car, as a passenger and a driver, falling asleep at diner, on the phone, everywhere. So when I went back to work, I thought I was better, I had been treating my bi-polar with a lot of good medications, so I really felt ready to go back to work. Well about 2 days back to work I was falling asleep again. It was miserable. My sleep Dr wanted me to take a stimulant, and my Psychiatrist prescribed Vyvanse. The first 60 mg pill did nothing. I was falling asleep again. So my doctor advised me to take another 60 mg pill. It worked! I'm doing much better.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 28, 2010 4:19 AM

Review by JRTuttle4:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): I was constantly struggling to stay awake (sometimes when driving too) and I'm pretty sure I almost lost my new job (started in 02/2009) before training ended. I'm also sure that they doubted I'd be very effective on the phones after training. Also, at the end of training, we had to make an 85% on the final exam to continue to be employed there and I'm sure they thought I would fail. Right before the exam, I quit taking Lyrica, which decreased the severity of the sleep narcolepsy, but didn't eliminate it. Vyvanse has greatly improved my effectiveness at work and I even got a promotion less than 3 weeks after I began taking it! I've had basically no side effects and now with not having to fight to stay awake, Vyvanse relieves a lot of stress and anxiety!

June 29, 2009 1:16 AM