User Reviews for Lisdexamfetamine

Also known as: Vyvanse

Learn more about Lisdexamfetamine.

Lisdexamfetamine Review Summary

8.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 16 medications used in the treatment of Narcolepsy.

Reviews for Lisdexamfetamine to treat Narcolepsy

"My experience with this medicine has helped me through school very well and I don't fall asleep in school, I pay attention very well. It doesn't wear off until I get home. Then I'm really tired but the really tired part is okay I don't really mind. This is my key for school. I don't take it in the summer and whenever it's time for school. My Vyvanse is a really big help."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 25, 2014

"I was prescribed Vyvanse 50 mg for the treatment of my narcolepsy w/o cataplexy & hypersomnia. The first 2 weeks were great but I found my body quickly adjusted to this medicine making it almost completely ineffective by the end of the first month. The 2nd month, I went to 60 mg. this month, I'm on 70mg. I'm not falling asleep while driving, however I am still having episodes of extreme sleepiness and sleeping extremely deeply at times. I'm also going between sleeping 5 hours to 15 a night. My main concern is: I'm on the maximum dose so just where do I go from here?! I also have bipolar disorder/anxiety & I've found my need for anxiety medicine to be almost nonexistent, which is a great bonus."

Sleepymomof2 November 11, 2013

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): "Its my 3rd day and I love the fact I can function and take care of my 5 month old without struggling. I'm on the 30 mg only reason I didn't give it a ten is I take it at 6 am and by 2pm I'm super tired again...other than that love it."

Anonymous November 7, 2011

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): "I have sleep apnea, and somewhere in the last 7 months developed narcolepsy. I almost lost my job, and spent 4.5 months on disability because I couldn't stay awake at my desk. I was falling asleep in my car, as a passenger and a driver, falling asleep at diner, on the phone, everywhere. So when I went back to work, I thought I was better, I had been treating my bi-polar with a lot of good medications, so I really felt ready to go back to work. Well about 2 days back to work I was falling asleep again. It was miserable. My sleep Dr wanted me to take a stimulant, and my Psychiatrist prescribed Vyvanse. The first 60 mg pill did nothing. I was falling asleep again. So my doctor advised me to take another 60 mg pill. It worked! I'm doing much better."

Ceigeme March 28, 2010

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): "I was constantly struggling to stay awake (sometimes when driving too) and I'm pretty sure I almost lost my new job (started in 02/2009) before training ended. I'm also sure that they doubted I'd be very effective on the phones after training. Also, at the end of training, we had to make an 85% on the final exam to continue to be employed there and I'm sure they thought I would fail. Right before the exam, I quit taking Lyrica, which decreased the severity of the sleep narcolepsy, but didn't eliminate it. Vyvanse has greatly improved my effectiveness at work and I even got a promotion less than 3 weeks after I began taking it! I've had basically no side effects and now with not having to fight to stay awake, Vyvanse relieves a lot of stress and anxiety!"

JRTuttle4 June 29, 2009