Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Adipex-P

Learn more about Adipex-P.

Obesity 44 reviews 56 medications

9.2
Weight Loss 228 reviews 27 medications

9.1
Summary of Adipex-P reviews 272 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Adipex-P

Review by Jenny 87:

For Weight Loss: I started Adipex 4/16 exactly 6 days ago. I started at 181lbs I am now down to 176.4lbs. I have had occasional headaches and dry mouth, but as long as I keep losing this weight I need to lose I can deal with it. My goal is to lose all my pregnancy weight I put on with my second baby. 28 more pounds to go!!

April 22, 2015 5:17 PM

Review by AmyD 190lbs to 162 lbs:

For Weight Loss: I took Adipex for the past 3 months as prescribed. I weighed 190 lbs. with type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure. The first month I loss 20 lbs. The 2nd month 4 lbs and 3rd month 4 lbs. I played volleyball 2x a week with helped. I could have loss more but I hate exercising if it's not volleyball. My 1st month the insomnia was nightly. The dry mouth was all the time. Try chewing gum. I drank more water than I'm used to but it was good for me. Constipation was a problem. Try fibre pills or Phillips or stool softener for constipation. Lots of energy. 2nd month, sleep was better. I felt great because I could feel those 20 lbs. off and my clothes were so baggy. Lots of energy. I slightly started to want to eat. 3rd month. Total loss= 28 lbs.

April 20, 2015 11:40 PM

Review by Taylor C (taken for less than 1 month):

For Weight Loss: I have taken adipex before and lost 70 lbs in 3 months. I ran two miles everyday and ate lean cuisines. I was on a 1200 calorie diet. It took me two years to gain the weight back, being in college life gets busy and it just happened. Now I'm back on it and have lost 20 lbs in 3 weeks. I recommend it to anyone who is serious about losing weight. You have to work hard to see amazing results, but it's completely worth it. From the comments I've seen some people were only prescribed it for 2 or 3 months, it may be a location issue but my doctor in MS will prescribe adipex for a patient for 6 months out of the year.

April 14, 2015 10:56 AM

Review by Cmosh (taken for less than 1 month):

For Weight Loss: I have been on Adipex for 4 weeks and I'm down 25 pounds. I have been dieting and exercising! I feel much better. I started out at 268 and down to 243. I am 5 foot 10 and female.

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 8, 2015 8:44 AM

For Obesity: I started Adipex yesterday. I'm looking forward to great results. My current weight is 237lbs. I would like to be about 180lbs, by July. Fingers crossed

April 7, 2015 2:21 PM

Review by Erka92:

For Weight Loss: I would recommend this pill to anyone! I started taking adipex 37.5 mg only last week, and i am already down 15 lbs. thats crazy! It doesnt make me want to eat i actually have to remind myself sometimes to eat. And i was always the girl with food in her hand. I havent done much excersise just walking on nature trails. Bit for anyone wondering if it actually works, the answer is yes!

March 30, 2015 1:28 PM

Review by Limbo2015 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Weight Loss: So I have always been a big girl! I have 3 kids and with each pregnancy there was added weight that just carried over and you know how the story goes...I pushed myself and my wants and needs to the side and took care of everyone but myself. The more weight I put on the more depressed I got. I got to 280lbs!!!! My body was in constant pain and discomfort and I knew I had to stop and do do something about it. I started the pills last year and lost a total of 125lbs!!! Not just the pills but I started the gym, did zumba 3 times a week and started eating good. The pills aren't the magic fix. They just help you kind of like a kick start. Sure I had side effects!!!! But nothing that would out weight being close to 300lbs.

March 26, 2015 9:19 PM

Review by keddanicole (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Weight Loss: This pill works! I do advise that you eat breakfast wait 30 mins and drink water throughout the day. If you don't get hungry eat something wholesome. My experience with headache, and mood swings was due to me not feeling hungry, yet my body still needed fuel. Listen to your body! I'm at a weight that I'm happy with. I do exercise its my therapy. One seventy three from 205! Also it helps with my blood pressure. Eating is so much easier. I can think about what I need to prepare versus just grabbing the first snack, not so good choice that would satisfy me. Know your body, breath don't over think, be happy. This is coming from me!It helped along with small positive changes. Peace!!

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 25, 2015 8:37 AM

Review by caeti (taken for less than 1 month):

For Weight Loss: I just started taking Adipex. I think so far it's helping me a ton, I'm on 1000 calorie diet plus Adipex. I'm working out every day, this is my 5th day and I already lost 6 pounds. Adipex seems to be helping me from over eating, it seems to be helping me curb my cravings. I have no craving for sweets of any kind, so far so good.

107 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 21, 2015 9:13 PM

Review by Tim Tomakin:

For Obesity: Only 2 days in and I have zero appetite. I am focusing on weight lifting rather than cardio for my exercise and I have to force myself to eat so I get enough protein in, otherwise I truly believe I wouldn't eat a single thing all day. And even then, I'm extremely stuffed after just a few bites. I do get a bit jittery for an hour or two after taking my pill. I've also experienced what I'll call "pent up energy". I don't get energy like I want to run around cleaning the house, it's an energy like I want to go lift heavy weights. I would almost say it's an aggressive energy but in a violent or mean manner at all. I hope this continues to work as it has these first few days. If it does I'll reach my fat loss goal in no time

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 19, 2015 12:24 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Weight Loss: I was personally not on this pill, but my mom was and currently still is. Though she has lost about 20 lbs in the last month or so, she has been experiencing side effects. First off, she's had severe headaches since starting the medicine. She's had extreme mood swings, and is very nauseas and dizzy at times.

March 18, 2015 5:03 PM

Review by shaeshae864 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Weight Loss: My knees hurt to walk, my feet hurt to stand...I couldn't take it anymore....I went to doc and weighed in at 287.8...3 days later and I am already down 7.8 lbs. No exercise yet but will when get in the 260's. I feel better already and can't wait to loose another 60.

154 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 22, 2015 12:24 AM

Review by John-Y:

For Weight Loss: I am a male and started taking Adipex exactly one month ago. I am 5"5' and weighed 186 pounds on the day I started. After 30 days, I have lost 18.5 pounds. I have balanced the use of this prescription by doing my best to eat a low fat....and low sodium diet. Not dramatic, but just as good as I can. Other than walking, I have done minimal exercise - but only because its a struggle fitting in gym time with work and family. The weight loss was very quick the first week, then leveled off at about 1/2 pound - 1 pound a day. My doctor stressed the importance of eating at the appropriate and perfect times after taking the medicine. She equated it to lighting charcoal on a grill and placing the meat on at the perfect time..>not too early/late

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 11, 2015 10:54 AM

Review by Dani22 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Obesity: I'm 22 years old . 5'2 & I start taking Adipex 01/27/2015 my starting weight was 227lbs so far in the past 12 days I've lost 12 pounds. And I've had no side effects. My goal is to fit in to my skinny jeans again ( 5/6 ) & my goal weight is around 130lbs.

124 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 5, 2015 12:24 PM

Review by BusyBE519 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Weight Loss: My last post was in February 2014. To sum up my experience: starting weight: 161.4, height 5'3. Received two total bottles of 37.5mg pills, which lasted me from February '14 to June '14. I would halve pills, skip days, etc if I felt the need, so these lasted quite awhile. My lowest weight once all was said and done: 141.2 on June 20th, 20.2 lbs lost. Today, Jan 30 2015, I weigh 146.2. I am happy that in 7 months time I've only managed to gain 5 lbs (AND after the holidays thank you very much!). This pill is great, but it's not a miracle. It also won't last forever as you can only have 3 refills a year if you meet the BMI requirement for medical weight loss. Taught me portion control

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 30, 2015 8:06 AM

Review by Godz da Bomb!!! (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Weight Loss: I loved the product! I started June 1, 2014 to August 2014. IN 2 MONTHS I HAD LOST 30 LBS! I was doing Zumba 3 times a week and had a personal trainer to help tone my body with my new found ENERGY. The Personal Trainer was a waste because Adipex with Zumba was doing a tremendous job all on its own. I wasn't craving sweets thanks to Adipex. I cut out fast foods, carbs, and late night eating. Plus I drank anywhere from 1/2 to a gallon A DAY! However, the medicine still made me constipated. I started at 244 and got down to 209lbs. I stopped using it for about 5 months AND THE WEIGHT STAYED OFF, while not eating so healthy.

72 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 24, 2015 12:15 PM

Review by Blahkuhhh:

For Weight Loss: I am 20 years old and I have always had problems with weight loss since I was in middle school. I went to the doctor and was prescribed Adipex. I have been on a low carb diet and I have been on Adipex for 9 days now and have lost 6 pounds so far. I am very happy with the results right now and I'm hoping to keep at it and try to reach my goal weight! I am 5'4 and before I started the diet I weighed in at 192lbs and so far I am down to 186lbs. My goal weight is 145 to 150lbs!

January 15, 2015 12:55 PM

Review by hml1991:

For Weight Loss: I would recommended this diet pill to anyone, it works great and the energy boost allows you to do your daily activities with no drained feeling after. I would advise a daily routine, sit ups, push ups, walking, etc. Of some type. I'm a mother of 2 boys, 4yr & 3 1\2 month old, my stomach has stretched a bit, I was on it after my first son and went from 176 and dropped to 125 and was only on it for 2months, the weight stayed off til my 2nd pregnancy, naturally I gained so I'm now on it again, but due to more stretching my muscles are weaker in my abdomen, if you rely solely on the pill you will loose weight and appear thinner but you will have saggy ecsess skin, you must tighten as you shrink. Chances increase due to rapid weight loss.

213 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 10, 2015 4:36 PM

Review by Rachaelrose:

For Weight Loss: Started taking Adipex and I was at my highest weight ever. I was at 218lb. I currently am down 42lbs and now sitting at a weight of 176lb. Adipex really does help curb your appetite. Only down fall I've found was that the dry mouth can be a tad irritating at times. I drink on a daily basis probably around 2-3 gallons of water before I started taking Adipex and now with this medication I am almost doubling my water intake just because no matter what for me my mouth is always dry. It is a side effect that I am willing to live with though with the type of results I am getting. I have also lost 20 inches off my entire body since the process has started. I do go to the gym 4 days a week and I do cardio and weights as well.

January 3, 2015 11:36 AM

Review by Attheshelb (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Weight Loss: I was prescribed Adipex on Nov 10, 2014. I weighed 155 pounds. To some that might not seem like a lot, but it was to me. I had tried working out and eating right and nothing was helping. Today, Dec 22 I weighed 135. I have steadily lost weight since starting it. I skip some days and still feel energetic and not as hungry. The first week on Adipex, I had the worst dry mouth. I couldn't drink enough water. I still an pretty thirsty but it's manageable. Drinking water helps the medicine work better. I have also changed my eating habits to use when the pills are up. The first night I didn't sleep, but now I can go to bed no problem. This medication isn't a quick fix, it simply is helping you make life style changes to keep weight off.

105 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 22, 2014 7:11 PM

Review by Clachea (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Weight Loss: It was really effective for me. My doctor only prescribed it for two months though. I lost 34 pounds.

151 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 14, 2014 11:07 AM

Review by Frances8 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Weight Loss: Adipex-P worked for me. I lost the weight and I'm keeping it off. I haven't become resistant to the medicine at all. The generic brand is different - I had a headache and dry mouth. The name brand - no problems. I'm continuing to take it under the supervision of my doctor. I have no side effects, I feel good and I'm at a good weight. I exercise and stay on a low carb/high protein diet. This medicine rescued me from the weight loss merry-go-round.

159 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 25, 2014 8:24 AM

Review by EatRite (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Weight Loss: I'm not exercising at all. I'm just eating right. I have been on it 6 days now and I've lost 9 pounds. 1300 calories a day !!!

201 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 16, 2014 4:30 PM

Review by madysson (taken for less than 1 month):

For Weight Loss: I've been on Adipex for 3 days now and I've lost 5 pounds. I'm 5'2 and started out at 221.2 pounds three days ago. This morning I got on the scale at I'm at 216. I've read a lot of reviews and its about %50 people who love it and %50 people who hate it. My main concern is the reviews where people say the minute they stop the pill the weight comes right back plus more. But so far so good for me.

November 11, 2014 6:01 PM

Review by jessicajade:

For Weight Loss: Started Adipex 2 weeks ago. Lost 20 lbs so far! I even skip the pill 1 to 2 times a week. The energy loss is aweful those days though.

162 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 1, 2014 10:34 AM