User Reviews for Adipex-P

Learn more about Adipex-P.

Obesity 40 reviews 54 medications

9.2
Weight Loss 200 reviews 27 medications

Summary of Adipex-P reviews 240 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Adipex-P

For Weight Loss: I have been on it for 4 months now and I lost 44 lbs so far. It makes you eat smaller portions if you try to eat more your stomach will hurt. I'm sweaty and dry mouth all the time which makes me drink more water. I still eat what I want but I try and stay away from soda and sweats much as possible.

October 4, 2012 3:42 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Obesity: I have tried all the fad diets to no avail. I've tried over the counter weight loss pills and nothing has worked since stacker 3 original formula was banned. I was told I would only get Adipex for 3 months. My third check up is tomorrow and I've lost 50lbs so far. The pill is starting to feel like it's losing it's effectiveness. Tomorrow I am going to start a 10 day break in hopes that when I start back up it will be as effective as the first month. I've got another 40 to go, so hopefully it works. It's been great, though. 50 lbs in 2 months when nothing else helped before is very impressive. It's nice hearing all the compliments on the weight loss too.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 4, 2012 12:09 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Weight Loss: I started taking this in April 2012. I weighed 192.5. It is now October 2012 and I am down to 143!! I take it before breakfast and exercise 2-3 times a week sometimes more, depending on how I feel. The first day is the only time I got jittery at all. No other problems except for dry mouth. I keep a low carb diet with the occasional cheat. But I feel great and never thought I would be down this much weight this soon.

October 3, 2012 7:56 PM

Review by Meg27 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Weight Loss: Before I started Adipex I was 170lbs at 5'6. I lost 5 lbs on my own and got stuck. I went ahead and started Adipex exactly one week ago and I am down to 155lbs. So happy. I have cut out almost all carbs. I only drink water. No sweets at all. One cup of coffee in the morning. After my daughter goes to school I go on almost a 2 1/2 to 3 hour walk. Anyways just thought my experience might help someone out there. Adipex gave me the boost of energy I needed and my eating habits are so so so much better. Side effects were dry mouth so drink plenty of water. Most side effects go away after the first 5 to 7 days.

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 11, 2012 6:58 AM

Review by Casey0929 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Weight Loss: This was the key to me losing 50 lbs in less than 6 months. I have kept the weight off for 2 1/2 years. I highly recommend talking to your physician about Adipex.

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 27, 2012 1:07 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Obesity: This is a very good method for weight loss. I actually loss 43lbs using this pill along with exercise. It really gives you energy. This is really my 3rd time on this pill. But once your body gets used to it it does not work as well. But overall I highly recommend this to anyone who wants to lose weight.

August 19, 2012 5:43 AM

Review by kiki99 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Weight Loss: Been on Adipex for one week and lost 7lbs. I was skeptical at first but after exercising and dieting with no results, what did I have to lose. Doctor suggested we try it for 30 days. I'm glad I did. Side effects at least for me include dry mouth; constipation and some sleeplessness. I feel that exercise is a daily must. After I exercise, I feel normal; the only difference is that I'm not hungry nor am I interested on the donut by desk or cake down the hall! Another point, you will not be hungry nor interested in food; however you must remain mindful that your body needs fuel to to keep burning; so I find myself getting satisfaction from just half of a Kind bar (before I could eat 3 at once).

August 17, 2012 10:39 PM

Review by killerpeaches (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Weight Loss: I am a 6'3", 37 year old white male (not sure what risk factors that lands me higher in, but it seems certain portions of the population are more prone to certain issues than others). Diabetes, heart Disease run in the family and I have asthma and a shot lower back. Recipe for obesity. Long story short. 2.5 months ago I was 322lbs. 2 weeks ago, I was 284 lbs. Shoot hoops once a week, and stick to 1800 calorie a day diet. Beyond that, no special "restrictions". Oatmeal for breakfast, chicken/tossed green salad for lunch and whatever fits under my remaining carb window for dinner. Only complaint is Ohio only allows 3 months of use. No side effects after week 1.

August 14, 2012 11:46 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Weight Loss: I started taking Adipex on June 18, 2012. It has worked wonders. The only side effect I have had is terrible dry mouth, but I drinks lots of water and chew gum to help with that. I skip one day a week of not taking the medicines, and to date I have lost 20 pounds. That's amazing 20 pounds in 25 days. I do exercise daily. I walk 3 miles everyday. I have lots of energy. When I first started taking the pills I was not hungry and had to remind myself to eat. I did have a little trouble sleeping. In all this has been a great experience and can't wait until I hit my goal weight.

July 14, 2012 10:01 AM

Review by bmp (taken for less than 1 month):

For Weight Loss: Started June 29 and as of July 2 I had lost 2.3 lbs.

July 3, 2012 10:06 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Weight Loss: I started Adipex 5/1/12 at 354 pounds. I have no metabolism but my thyroid levels are normal so no amount of exercise worked for me. It would keep me from gaining but couldn't lose any. In two months I'm down to 344 but I can tell it is starting to not work as well. I think I'm about to stop weekends so my body doesn't get used to it so much. I'm hoping to get back to around 200 where I was in high school and very fit.

July 1, 2012 10:02 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Weight Loss: I started taking Adipex on 5/4/12. My first visit was 5/3 and I weighed in at 165.2lbs! The first couple of days I was only taking half a pill, and I did feel a little jittery, but nothing major. The first two weeks I was on it I did the 30 day shred four days a week and ate really good, but I got off track and haven't eaten healthy since, or worked out. My first visit after I started I lost 11.8 pounds. I actually weighed myself about a hour ago, and I weighed 145lbs. Let me just say that this medicine did not give me energy, and it didn't mess with my sleep at all. It only messed up my naps, which I loved because I have a 10 month old who doesn't sleep good at night. Just wanted to come and share my results. Hope I helped!

June 25, 2012 12:21 AM

Review by kkimmylou:

For Obesity: I went to a very expensive weight loss clinic. I followed a strict eating plan while I took the medicine. I'm over 50 and nothing has worked for me for the last 8 years. It was because of the Adipex. I lost 25 lbs in 12 weeks. I have been maintaining for 5 weeks now. I still follow the strict eating plan, but not being on the medicine, I'm not losing weight. I wanted to make sure I could maintain the loss. I'm going to my PCP later this month and am going to do another round and lose the final 10-15 lbs that I need to lose. This medicine just "shuts your mouth", that's the best way to describe it. It does give you energy, it focuses your mind. I was worried about how I would feel after stopping, I weaned for about 5 days with a half pill.

June 12, 2012 2:48 PM

Review by CaseyNO (taken for less than 1 month):

For Weight Loss: So far I have been On Adipex for 4 days now and I lost 5lbs. I was 299lbs now I am 294lbs. Drinking tons of water and eating plenty of salads, I'm not really exercising but I do go out and walk a lot. I was also on Apidex APRIL of 2011 to June 2011 and lost 30lbs and since my body was healthier I ended up pregnant. Now I am back on it again showing great progress! Good luck everyone!

May 24, 2012 10:14 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Weight Loss: I started Apidex on March 21st weighing 233lbs. Now on May 21st I weight 205lbs with very little excerise. Very happy with the outcome. Going to start working out, hopefully will get to my goal weight of 170.

May 21, 2012 7:24 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Obesity: My highest weight has been 339lbs and I am a 5'7. I have always been overweight since 1st grade. I have degenerative joint disease and have had 6 knee surgeries. I decided to get weight loss surgery after I found out the discs in my spine were degenerating. I started my 3 month physician weight loss requirement per my insurance. My doctor gave me Adipex and put me on weight watchers. I lost 17lbs in 1 month. I do not exercise because it is painful. I have done weight watchers in the past, but this time it has been easy because I am "HUNGRY" is gone. My craving for sweets all the time is gone also. It truly WORKS!! The only negative is dry mouth.

May 17, 2012 1:19 PM

Review by 08 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Obesity: I have been taking it for almost 2 months now and I lost 9 lbs the first month and had a lot more energy and the second month I haven't lost anything and no energy. I have had constipation cramps and dry mouth and insomnia. I have to go to the doctor once a month for a check up and a new prescriptions my goal is to lose 30lbs but at this rate I am not going to make it I walk 3 miles a day at a brisk walk and do a cardio work out 3 times a week but can't seem to lose the weight like everyone else who have commented on this board.

May 8, 2012 12:40 PM

For Weight Loss: I have had a very good experience with Adipex.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 6, 2012 1:03 AM

For Weight Loss: I started taking Adipex on 3/21/12. My starting weight was 271.5. Today is 4/25/12 and I weigh 258lbs. I've lost a total of 13.5 lbs. I'm certain I could've lost WAY more. After over a month, I still have 1/2 a bottle left. The side effects of the pill (rapid heart beat, dizziness from not eating..etc) brought out my pre-existing anxiety issues. I stopped taking it for 2 weeks and got back to eating wrong but I started again a little over a week ago and I'm losing like CRAZY! I weigh everyday and the number keeps getting smaller (side effects are GONE). I sometimes skip a pill, but I still don't feel like I'm starving like I used to. Will continue to take it until I reach 145lbs. I haven't exercised, but I did purchase the INSANITY workout and will start soon.

April 25, 2012 4:59 PM

For Weight Loss: Started taking Adipex March 28, 2012 not on Sundays and had the flu for two days which I didn't take the pills either. I am a 6 ft 2 in male who starting weight was 289lbs on 3/28/2012. Today is now 4/23/2012 and my weight is now 274.6 lbs! I do exercise but I could not lose any weight. I am very pleased with my loss and I simply started tracking the things I eat and making better choices. You can do it just drink plenty of water and or juices and you will be fine. Good luck

April 23, 2012 9:48 AM

Review by Oldfatgit:

For Obesity: Started taking Adipex-P 4 weeks ago. Cons: Constipation and really bad bouts of Insomnia - better as time has gone on. Do not take with a blood pressure pill/water pill - you will feel like crap and your heart will try to burst through your ribcage. Pros: Lost 31 pounds. 17 pounds - yes 17 pounds in 1 week though I do attribute that to the Adipex-P Blood Pressure/water pill. I found I could not take both at the same time or on the same day so I stopped taking the blood pressure pill. My blood pressure is down to where it should be. Working out 4-5 times a week. 4-5 miles of cardio per workout plus weights. Probably cut my daily calorie intake by half. I plan on taking the pill for a max of 3 months so by summer I should be off the pill but still have a more active life.

April 12, 2012 6:39 PM

Review by scrooge64:

For Obesity: I started taking Adipex-P 37.5 mg on July 17, 2010 at 252 lbs. It increased my energy level and suppressed my appetite a great deal. I did experience dry mouth at first but it subsided in a few days. At a weigh in with my wonderful doctor on August 5, 2010 I lost 11 lbs. My doctor started me with taking the medication for 2 months and then one month off until January 2012 and I now take the medication for 1 month and I'm off of it for 2 months. I am hungrier when I'm off the medication but I have learned what portion sizes and types of foods to eat and have done pretty well maintaining. You have to have determination and willpower for the rest of your life. By the way, it's now April 7, 2012 and I weigh 148 lbs. I have lost 104 lbs.

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 7, 2012 2:16 PM

Review by hollywood0831:

For Weight Loss: I started taking Adipex March 15 2012. My starting weight was 232. My first week weighing in I lost 7 lbs weighing 225lbs. I don't have too many complications only dry mouth. I use to drink a lot of sodas maybe a 8-9 sodas a day. While taking Adipex I only drink water. As a result of the non sleep my doctor also prescribed me trazodone, this is to put you to sleep. I now go to the gym and walk. I know after I stop taking the Adipex my eating and drinking habits will change. I love this pill the only thing is a little constipated that comes from not eating. My first week I just took some stool softeners. Other than the dry mouth, constipation, and a little stomach cramps I am good.

March 30, 2012 2:26 PM

Review by pv2:

For Obesity: I have been taking Adipex for 11 days now and I have lost 11 pounds. I am so happy. I really can't believe it. I keep checking the scale because I have never been able to lose weight this fast. I have been doing light exercise but nothing to hard. I weighed 305lbs when I started now I weigh 294lbs. My short term goal is to lose 20lbs by the time I go back to the doctor in 2 weeks, but my long term goal is to lose 100lbs.

March 28, 2012 11:19 AM

For Obesity: I started taking Adipex on 3/6/2012 and today it 3/27/2012 I weighed in at 188lbs and now I'm 178lbs. I used to crave bread late at night that would wake me up out of my sleep but after taking this medication I haven't even had a craving. I work out at least 5x a week mainly cardio and light weights. So far I'm happy with the medication with the only side effect is dry mouth so I drink more water. My goal weight is 127lbs so I will see how it goes. It gives me lots of energy and if I don't take it I still don't feel hungry for at least 2 days.

March 28, 2012 10:18 AM