User Reviews for Alli

Obesity 32 reviews 60 medications

7.2
Summary of Alli reviews 32 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Alli

For Obesity "Just want to update since previous review: To understand how this product works you have to know what it does. It blocks a certain amount of the fat you eat from being aborbed into your body and thus reduces your calorie/fat intake. It's not a miracle drug, if you eat a very high fat diet yes it may help a bit but it won't do ALL the work. Also, if you eat little/no fat anyway it can't help as it won't do anything for you. It can't block fat that isn't there. If like me you're on a long term diet it can really boost your success. I have gone from a bmi of 47 to 39 in 6 months. Still some way to go but Alli is helping a great deal and keeps me motivated with consistent weekly weight losses."

Lusiphur (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 2, 2016

For Obesity "I took alli for 2 days and now I pee blood so bad I am so scared , I stop taking it right away, will not take it again"

111 elena January 22, 2016

For Obesity "I started ALLI on Saturday 16th. I took all 3 pills throughtout the day with my moderately fat diet and its now Tuesday 19th and I've not had one oily stool or 'accidents'. My flatulence has increased and I have a gurgly sensation in my belly once in a while. Just wondering if these things are going to work. I will weigh myself in a few days to see"

alicianokeys January 19, 2016

For Obesity "I went through a weight loss program at my local hospital (protein shakes, healthy meal) I lost 48 pounds met my Goal August, 2015. Throughout my program and presently if I have a fatty meal I take an Alli maybe one every other day. It is amazing for weight loss maintenance in the past the pounds would be creeping I keep things in check but it is wonderful to occasionally have a treat. Highly recommend for post weight loss maintenance."

Rustyk (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 19, 2016

For Obesity "This is my first week on Alli. I am taking it as directed. I have experience one accident with a BM. But other then that it's been fine. I really have to watch what I eat because I will pay for it later. I haven't weighed myself yet. I will on Friday just to see if its really working. I'm not doing any excerising."

Anonymous September 29, 2015

For Obesity "I never used Alli before but remembered seeing a coworker of mine use it and she was slim. This product works wonders. It traps all the fat and the releases it straight out of the body. It really helps with my gallstones so that my gallbladder doesn't cause any pain. I have lost 7lbs the first two weeks. I am hoping to start seeing more weight come off as I continue using this product."

Skylynn August 28, 2015

For Obesity "I have been taking Alli since Aug. 20 it was suggested to me by my Dr. I was at 216lbs on Aug. 20 and I was weighed yesterday Aug. 25 I am now 210lbs 6lbs gone in 5 days!!! It has helped with my appetite I will be honest I do not diet or exercise but Alli does really work! I would highly suggest to anyone overweight!"

Boobug15 August 26, 2015

For Obesity "I used it years ago with great success. Not sure what they changed in the formula, but it no longer works for me personally. It used to block some fat which obviously came came inyour poo kind of orangey in color....it doesn't do this anymore....just gives me diarrhea. I'm not wasting anymore money."

MikeT111 August 15, 2015

For Obesity "Recently purchased alli tablets from chemist, after two weeks my liver and kidneys started hurting so much that I had to stop taking them. I emailed GlaxoSmithKline who said that they was aware that possible liver failure may result. As they originally removed them back in 2012. And they wanted me to sign a consent form (basically wanting me to keep on taking them as their guinea pig) for their research. "

Morse (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2015

"I've lost 6 pounds over a month so this stuff does work plus it controls my hunger of course do not eat fat boy food or beer during late hours. And workout or go for a walk after meals. I poop alot as well and fart loud which I'm cool with this my six pack is coming back slowing I'm 36 years old."

SoCal Mountaineer July 21, 2015

For Obesity "I've been using Alli for several months, with a good diet, and I exercise when I can, but at least a few times per week and I have not lost a single pound on Alli. I get the shits and all, and that is surely no fun, but besides that there is no proof that these pills work. Simple as that."

WeWillRockYouforeverandever (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 12, 2015

For Obesity "Just want to comment on an early review from someone saying it didn't work. The person has a BMI lower than this product is intended for and doesn't sound to eat a lot of fat so this product is unlikely to work for them. I have a high BMI and found that it helped my weight loss to be more consistent than dieting alone. I have changed my eating habits and haven't had any negative side effects. You need to put effort in and can't expect it to do all the work for you."

Lusiphur July 4, 2015

105 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Obesity "I've used Alli several times with great success in the past! My hypothyroidism got very bad so I stopped after the last recall. Feeling better now so started this week - have lost 8 lbs in one week! LOVE alli!!!"

MaryGoLucky (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2015

For Obesity "Used for 12 days. Not a pound lighter. 5'6/150. Just need to loose 5-7 pounds for summer. No time to go exercise now: lots of physical work plus yard. Eat mostly salads and soups already, sugar too but not a lot. My husband was taking it too. No change. We both are active, usually go to the gym 3-4 times a week. I have mild metabolism and he has slow metabolism. It's very hard for both of us to lose a single pound. We did notice BM and I think I noticed more hair loss in me. Did take multivitamins plus calcium. After reading online about all the side effects, recall and bad experiences - I decided to put it aside."

uliana May 22, 2015

"Great pill... You can definitely see it working. Recommend to anyone trying to lose weight."

000000___0 April 2, 2015

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Obesity "Lost 45 lbs. on Alli in about 10 months. I got pregnant and sadly am back where I started. I will be starting on all I again next month. Its a great boost to get you working in the right direction to a healthy lifestyle."

stef12345 December 9, 2014

109 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Obesity "ALLI works great for me. At first I lost 30 pounds in less than a year, stopped it for a while, gained some back but went back on it and lost another 12lbs. I have been off it for 4 months because of the latest recall and am trying to be good. I loved ALLI because bowel movements were regular and I didn't have to take it unless I ate more fatty stuff than I should. When will it be back? I hope it does come back and soon!"

Viola1234 July 20, 2014

For Obesity "I have used Alli for approximately 4 years to control weight from getting worse. I depend on it being diabetic and it has now been recalled. I take up to 4 x 5 pill servings of high quality fiber but without the Alli I am having a horrifying time with bowel movements and rectal bleeding. The bleeding was going on while taking Alli but is worse without. I know there have to be others like me that need to relate as well,and that IS POSITIVE!"

out of alli! bowels now impacted. (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 6, 2014

For Obesity "I'm on my second month, and or bottle of ALLI. I tried it in the past, but I must admit, I ate fat and yes, had the loose bowel motion, but didn't gain weight. No I only had 15 lb to loose, and so far I've lost 7-9 lbs in a month, eating good. I did go on a week vacation and ate cake, drank cocktails, ribs, etc. Not every day, and yes it came right out. Don't laugh, but I didn't gain a pound during the week. I'm not using it for that reason, but hey, now you can go on that Cruise during your diet and NOT gait weight. Ya, you go to the bathroom a lot, but you know its all coming-out. For the most part 'Im 90 percent on track, with NO side effects. And if I eat Pizza and Nachos on Friday night, so what, I don't gain weight and for once I'm not constipated."

blondie2424 March 23, 2014

136 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Obesity "I started using this on 02/20/14 and use everyday (as directed) and have not had one "side effect". Changed my eating habits and doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and am down from 201lbs to 195lbs today. I don't know if it the Alli, the workout, or eating different but something is working and without any side effects. I would definitely recommend and hopefully it will get these other 45lbs off."

KBel February 26, 2014

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Obesity "I have used Alli and was very happy. It absolutely will help you lose weight. If you are planning on not adjusting your diet, it is not for you. Since it inhibits fat from being absorbed, fat goes right through you and could definitely be embarrassing (if you know what I mean). If you lower the fat in your diet, it will do wonders and the disgusting side effects will be minimal to non-existent."

Chief Ed August 8, 2013

146 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Started to take Alli 8 days ago and I have all ready lost 5 lbs. Whoops so happy."

pipperamy January 31, 2012

132 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I started Alli only four days ago and have already lost FOUR LBS. I highly recommend reading the books included in the starter pack. Also the calorie/fat gram counter book should become your new best friend. Not only has this product motivated me it has changed my eating. However, I am a mother and a wife and my family is extremely picky, so cooking two different lunches and two different dinners, one being only for me is impossible so I have been only eating a tuna salad sandwich on whole wheat and a bananna for lunch and dinner. Remember everything in the tuna salad must be accounted for."

Anonymous December 4, 2011

For Obesity "I have been taking Alli for approximately 2 weeks now. I weighed in and seemed to have gained weight. I am 5'1 ,158 lbs starting weight. I now weigh 166 lbs. I try to watch what i eat but have a very hard time. this product is recommended for those with excellent self control. i do however know that the product is working as they say it will due to the change in bowel movements."

jenniesirrah January 12, 2011

For Obesity "If you have no gallbladder, you may want to think twice. You need to read the manufacturers information regarding side effects. Alli helps the body separate "fat" through elimination, and if you have no gallbladder, the bile problem can be miserable. "

Doubledeuce August 6, 2010

128 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate