User Reviews for Victoza

Learn more about Victoza.

Weight Loss 4 reviews 42 medications

8.5
Diabetes, Type 2 313 reviews 134 medications

8.2
Summary of Victoza reviews 317 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Victoza

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Hi am on Victoza now for 2 months. Was on it before for a month. Had some side effects in the beginning but now its fine. My blood sugar levels are under control as well as my high blood pressure. Do experience some constipation. Very good drug. Pray my medical aid will consider it for chronic meds."

Charmsvn May 13, 2016

For Weight Loss "Dr.prescribed Victoza 3 mo. ago for weight loss, which was affecting my health. High BP, arthritis in knee, low thyroid, weight was 183 lbs. Loved it, no side effects, loss 40 lbs. But , just recently all at once, got headaches, lightheaded, unbearable pains in stomach, anxiety, fast heart beating, I thought I was going to die. I stayed up until 4:00 am, I felt out of control from all the anxiety. Thank God I had some Xanax! I love the weght loss results, however I don't ever want to experience that terrifying experience of feeling like I was going to die. Ithe was that frightening, I stopped the next day!"

Ms. Ann (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 6, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Wow, I have been on Victoza 2weeks, also take 1000mg metform daily. My blood sugars now range 70-115. Losing about 1# per 2days. Little nausea first week, but gets better. Amazed, and Publix grocery store covers this med 100% so it's free with a Rx"

Shawnmz May 5, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Have been on Victoza for 1 1/2 months. Have lost about 10 lbs which is good for me. BS is great now I am at 1.2mg. My only real complaint is that I get very sleepy about 2 hours after the injection. Have mild constipation and occasional nausea after 2 weeks. Initially had bad nausea. I am real pleased with how it is working for me so far."

JanRN2 May 4, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I began taking this drug at the 1.2 mg level. Within a half day I began having serious side effects. I thought I had a very bad virus. I had headache chills nausea vomiting diarrhea insomnia. I missed 3 days of work. I stopped taking the drug. A month later I tried it again at the .6 mg level. First half day ok w just no appetite but then all happened again- vomiting and this time cold symptoms. I began having horrible diarrhea last night and called off work today. This is 48 hours after I stopped taking it. I threw rest away this drug feels like poison to my body"

Ptmazeik May 4, 2016

For Weight Loss "I've been taking victoza for about 6 months I started at 180 pound and I am now 130 at first I was very nauseous, but that subsided I do still get stomach aches though."

Kivi2016 May 2, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Started victoza in decemberror 2015, now in April 2016, I'm down 45 lbs. It has help control my appetite. I have some constipation. But no other symptoms. I was on Lantus but have been able to stop using it and blood sugars have remained in low 100's. I am currently on 1.2ml."

Wetse (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 22, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I've been on it for 3 months. I started with the smallest dose and went up to the highest. At the lower dose I started seeing my fasting numbers go down significantly. At the middle dose, they leveled. At the higher dose, I was sick to my stomach with anything I ate. I was a zombie for a few hours. The first two months, my A1c went down significantly. The interesting thing about the med is that I never got the diarrhea, instead, it has given me constipation. I haven't lost any weight. I'm on the middle dose now. Another interesting thing about the med is that at the middle and higher dose, I am hungry all the time. I feel like I'm eating more than before. My fasting numbers are back up. I don't think it's working for me."

martuco April 12, 2016

For Weight Loss "I've been on it for a month and I'm up to 3ml. I had a lot of trouble during the month with eating, and I was very nauseous in the beginning. I was eating about 1-2 times a day but that started to wear off the 2nd week at 3ml and I'm back to 3 meals a day. I've lost 12lbs this month and I have to admit I was not as diligent with my nutrition and exercise as usual. If this works as well with partial doses and a diet not nearly as clean as usual, this gives me hope. Looks like I can finally reach my weight loss goals!"

CdnWarrior April 12, 2016

For Weight Loss "I was diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) years ago. Last year, I was referred to a doctor that specializes in this disease; at the time I first met him, I weighed a whopping 387 pounds (I%u2019m 5%u201910%u2019%u2019). Of course, the first thing he told me was that my PCOS would get better if I lost weight. I was totally discouraged! I told him that I was very active and had been on EVERY diet%u2026 nothing seemed to work. I was so frustrated and asked if there was anything he could do to jump start my weight loss from a medical stand point. This is when he told me about Victoza and about the study that demonstrated that individuals suffering from PCOS, not from Type 2 diabetes, had lost weight on this medication... I now weigh 275 pounds :)"

MarieQC April 7, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I had all the symptoms on the first two doses. nausea,vomiting, diarrhea. I also take metformin. I took metformin with almond milk and a probiotic along with the victoza injection. No more chronic diarrhea . I eat small meals to keep from getting nauseated."

Simba 57 (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Was on victoza 4 years ago and lost about 48 pounds, had an A1C of 6.8-7.1. Switched insurances to one that didn't cover victoza. Had to go on insulin instead, 70/30 55 units before breakfast and dinner. So I gained back 40 pounds in about 10 months, A1C has been as high as 11.2 and as low as 8.0. Have had to deal with hypoglycemia several times. Just got new insurance this month, began Victoza last Thursday, and took my insulin that day, too. Glucose dropped from high 200s average to having a 104 and a 118 that day!! I haven't seen numbers like that in a couple of years! Friday, I skipped my insulin dose. glucoses are staying in the 100s, appetite is much less, and I am INSULIN FREE, which will help in so many ways!"

RN w Type 2 (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "At first the side effects were horrible, nausea, diarrhea etc. It seemed to subside after a while. However, My doc decided to up my dose to 1.8 and during that night I had the worst stomach pain (woke me up out of a dead sleep). I decided to take the same dose the second day, and again the same stomach pain. I went back down to 1.2 the day after that I could not handle the pain I was having. I will say I have lost 49lbs sense I started a few months back, but I have to wonder why my thyroid is starting to ache all the time?"

shelbygirl68 March 24, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Rapid heart rate, persistent nausea, respitory issues, loss of voice. dry skin/throat, abominal pain, back pain, constipation & bloating or frequent gas... it has really messed me up!"

It was scary March 24, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "So far not impressed. Had tummy upset for two weeks but that did ease off. I do feel full and bloated which is good but my blood sugars are higher than when I was on othe meds by mouth. I'm on Novo mix 30 insulin 60 morning dose and 60 evening dose. My readings over the last week have been from 12.8 to 24.6. Surely this isn't right. And no weight loss. Feel really disappointed. I do take Mirtazipine for depression and my G.P. has just increased my dose. Apparently this can cause increased weight and appetite. Feel like I'm fighting a losing battle at the moment."

Sweeney tod (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 14, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "This medication is fantastic. The only reason I gave it a score of 8 is because I can sick to my stomach. It brought my sugar reading from 285 to 144 in just one day!"

Yourscrubnurse924 March 14, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been using Victoza for nearly 2 years and do not know how effective it has been. However my doctor tells me that it is helping. My biggest gripe is the pen that is used to deliver the medication. It is the worst injectable tool, very hard to use, it sticks continuously making giving an injection a wrestling match!"

David91301 March 13, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I've been using victoza for 3 months now. 1.6 for few weeks then 1.8. I had one night of sickness at beginning and another recently but in general it's more like the thought of eating food that makes me feel sick. My bowel and stomach feels a lot like I need to have an evacuation but I've not had diarrhea. As for weight loss I've gone from over 17 stone to 14st 7lbs in 3 months without doing anything. My Hbc1a has dropped from over 25 to around 7.. So everything is pretty amazing. I'm lucky that it's free for me in UK but it did take a few years to get it prescribed by my diabetic specialist nurse. I don't know if there are any long term side effects but at present I believe it has changed and saved my life."

jaymo (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 11, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I've been on this medication for 2 1/2 months. I have POCS and type 2 diabetes and always struggled with my weight. I was 300, and now I'm 276. I feel the weight loss would have been even more significant had I eaten right from the get go. This medication can especially help those with POCS lose weight by slowing down your digestion and keeping you fuller longer. The last month I really put in the effort of cutting my calories and allowing the medication do it's thing without increasing my activity. This is the fastest weight loss I have ever seen even with restricting calories and daily gym visits. My a1c went from 6.6 to the 6.1, and glucose 90..it's never been that low. Great drug..little to no side effects for me."

LauraJaneD March 3, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I've been on Victoza .6 for five days now along with 1000 mg of of Metformin ER each day. My main complaint is diarrhea. I take it in the evening and once I get up in the morning I am in the bathroom 5 or 6 times. I've read so much information about Victoza and I was really hesitant to start taking it because of all the side effects. I also feel like I have a brick in my abdomen. I can only eat a little bit at a time and once I eat I hit the bathroom again. I'm trying to focus mainly on watching my carbs because that's truly my downfall. So far I've lost a pound a day. I really need this to lose weight and get off about 75 pounds. I've tried everything! I'm having a hard time leaving the house with this diarrhea. Is it going to ever end?"

Doodlemamma (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Since I have been using victoza my blood sugar has been great. My A1C went from 12.9 to 6.8. Before my doctor put me on victoza I was weighing 189 pounds. Today I my weight is 140lb so I have lost 49 pounds. I have no side effects from this drug. Very happy my doctor put me on this drug."

Shun1 February 29, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "On victoza for 16 mo. Prior to Victoza, I suffered severe fatigue, high blood pressure, hypo thyroid, depression, epstein bar and other symp. Prior to endo, went to 5 different drs and they all medicated me w/out results. After Victoza, nausea and headaches for about 2 weeks, then I felt like a new human being. Energy, no depression, lost 30 pounds. Endo & I decided to slowly come off the meds. After 1.5 weeks, began to feel fatigue and began to gain weight. TERRIFIED... that I would go back to my old self again and of all the reports of pancreatitis, thyroid n pancreas cancer. If I go back on, am I taking a risk? Scared..."

Cynnic (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 5, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Iam a 70 yr. Old diabetic and have been type 2 for 15 yrs. Started victozA last week. I immediately felt better no more headaches and my morning blood glucose is under 100 for the first time in years. Iam running 3 x a week and eating low carb diet about 45 carbs per meal as directed by Dr. Iam losing weight about 2 pounds in first week. I have not noticed any negatives with victoza other than some flatus and stomach rumbling. My cravings for sugar is diminishing and I have alot of energy. I would recommend any reader to go to a dr. Who specializes in endocrinology and get a diabetic nutritionist to set up a meal plan for you. Also key is to exercise daily and stay positive. Even though you are a diabetic by taking care of your body ."

moonlight1 (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "have only been on victorza for a few days. I had bad nausea and migranes then it changed to no energy at all . I sleep till noon one day and I have 2 young kids and a full time job. Searching for a better answer"

kbhkbh January 28, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "This does have side effects that do go away. I have lost weight 40 lbs. It took my a1c from 8 to 5.5 in 3 months."

Teenbean January 27, 2016