Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Victoza

Learn more about Victoza.

Diabetes, Type 2 243 reviews 127 medications

8.6
Summary of Victoza reviews 243 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Victoza

Review by keboydjr (taken for less than 1 month):

For Diabetes, Type 2: I have been on Victoza less than a week and at first my sugar went down from 160s to 109. Then it started increasing, back up to 160s. At the same time I started getting severe abdominal and back pain (maybe pancreatitis). I also have severe nausea and just the thought of eating makes my stomach sick. I'm not giving up but have to make a trip back to the doctor.

April 1, 2015 12:50 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Diabetes, Type 2: Victoza caused me to have Pancreatitis.

February 25, 2015 8:22 AM

Review by T2D under control!:

For Diabetes, Type 2: I'm a 45 yr old woman, diagnosed with type 2 diabetes 4 yrs ago. I was prescribed Metformin, then added glipizide, which made me gain a half a pound a day until I quit taking it 30 days & 15 lbs later. Then I was prescribed Victoza. The first 3 weeks, I was sick to my stomach, all day, every day. I had NO energy at all. I would get out of bed, get dressed & then lay back down - it was really THAT bad. BUT after around the 4th week, I started feeling normal again. My A1C went from 9.2 to 5.4 in just 5 weeks. Now, I am never above 130 -even after have a can of Pepsi. Also, I lost 30lbs in 45 days. Just amazing! Suffer through the initial sickness, don't give up on it, Victoza is a life changer! Victoza website for discount card. I pay $25/month.

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 15, 2015 3:41 PM

Review by sea view (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Diabetes, Type 2: Food no longer taste all that great have to force myself to eat. My sugar levels are good 10 lb lost after 6 weeks (wife not happy). No side effects so far. Small meals are just great. Take home half plate from normal menu choice. Buffet no longer an option. Needles are tiny.

February 15, 2015 10:42 AM

Review by DrugExpert101 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Diabetes, Type 2: This medication along with INVOKANA does the trick. I no longer have to take Humalog or any insulin. Invokana 1.8 does the trick, pen needles are easy, I use a short BD 30 for that I think. I inject that in my right leg always. Not saying that is the best, just easy for me. This medication actually lowered my A1C by helping my muscles to use the sugar better. I have had ZERO side effects. Taken it for a few years now. Highly recommend this. Only two 10 star ratings. This and Invokana!

February 6, 2015 12:53 AM

Review by PorkchopJ:

For Diabetes, Type 2: I've been using Victoza for almost 6 weeks and I'm thrilled with the results! My last A1C was abnormally high, at 9.1 I believe due to taking Plexus and Byetta just didn't seem to be as effective anymore. I started Victoza at ..6 and am now taking 1.2 each morning... my readings range 90-110. I am still taking Metformin and the combination seems to be working very well. I do experience light nausea periodically during the day whilst on Victoza which has been beneficial in helping me lose about 14 lbs... nausea combined with an increase in exercise. I had to stop taking glyburide because it bottomed my blood sugar out BIGTIME... which is truly not fun!! Its unfortunate that it's so expensive but definitely worth it!

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 4, 2015 8:07 AM

Review by Happy in Alberta (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Obesity: I started on Victoza in March 2013 and lost 30 pounds by Feb 2014 despite being on some psychiatric medications that can cause significant weight gain. I was diagnosed with DM2 in 2013 and was prescribed Victoza by my endo primarily to help with weight loss. Initially I took the injection at night starting with .6 and gradually increasing to 1.8 to minimize nausea. I was extremely nauseated and was given Ondasetron by my endo for the first few weeks which REALLY helped. My other doctors were a little shocked that I was given this strong, expensive anti-nausea medicine, however I persisted as encouraged by the diabetes nurse. I recently increased dose to 3.0 and hope I can lose more weight.. I encourage you to HANG IN - it's worth it.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 3, 2015 7:51 PM

Review by albion (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Diabetes, Type 2: I've been on Victoza now for just over 2 years. From reading the reviews, I'm one of the lucky ones side-effect wise. In other words, no nausea, increased headaches etc.. I started at .6 and after a month moved up to 1.2 where I have been since that time. I reduced my adjunct Metformin from 1500mg daily to 1000 mg daily. Weight loss has been a nice side effect, especially since it impinges on the illness in the first place. The only issue I have now is that my blood sugar can go low quite easily so will be cutting back the dose to .6 for a test run of a month. Unhealthy high levels of blood sugar are a thing of the past. Hopefully that stays the same at .6.

January 20, 2015 12:07 PM

Review by FlyintheOintment2222:

For Diabetes, Type 2: It made me feel sick the 1st month at 1.2mg , queasy stomach, not too bad diarrhea, if there is such a thing as good? The biggest thing I noticed was food did not appeal to me at all. I just did not feel like eating anything. And when I did eat something, I felt full on a few bites. This after about 2 months lead to a 36 lb weight drop and an A1c that went from 7.3 to an A1c of 5.6. I have been on it now for 6 months but no more weight loss or gain. 12hr Fasting Glucose is showing from 75-88. I never see levels above the 120's after meals, even sweets. I think the problem with Victoza is that it works almost too good! I think some people will go off their diets or cheat a lot more because they have such low A1c's.

January 3, 2015 7:30 PM

Review by Donna_San Antonio:

For Diabetes, Type 2: I have been on Victoza now for a little more than 8 mos. When I started, my A1C was at 7.8, after 4 mos. it dropped to 6.7. My last A1C test results, I am now at 5.7!!! I have not ever been below 6.0 since being diagnosed more than 7 years ago! However, the most important thing about this medication is that I have had NO side affects. I've ranged from barely active to moderate/heavily active and other than it helping me lose weight, I have experience ZERO side affects. I prefer this medication over Metformin, as it has done more in 8 mos. than Metformin did in 6 years.

December 17, 2014 3:23 PM

Review by parrot lover:

For Diabetes, Type 2: I have been on Victoza for a 1 1/2 now my A1c are good and I have lost 104lbs using Victoza along with oral diabetic medicines. I love it hope everyone who uses this medicine gets good results like I have. I rate this medicine a 10.

December 7, 2014 2:03 PM

Review by Infinity(x)infinity:

For Diabetes, Type 2: I have been on Victoza for six days now. This is great, way better than Byetta. I had neck surgery and over the past three years, I have received steroid injections and it made me a borderline diabetic. My sugars were fluctuating like a roller coaster until I got on Victoza, now it is great. My blood sugar in the morning is like 80 to 85, and after eating like 115, 120. I will post in a couple weeks.

December 6, 2014 8:25 PM

Review by flora bol:

For Diabetes, Type 2: I have just begun this medicine for 2 weeks. I am Type 2 Diabetic for 20 years and didn't control my sugar level very well. I had a heart bypass (triple 3) last year. This medicine works well for me. No side effect. I began from 0.3 because I have to be very careful with my heart condition. Now, I am with 0.6 now. my sugar level is very good, always around 5.6-6.0. I am going on with it to see what happens. It is very expensive for me but I think life is more precious.

December 2, 2014 11:32 PM

For Diabetes, Type 2: Actually I'm pre-diabetic and have polycystic ovarian syndrome. I've been on Victoza since Aug. 2014. I dialed up to 1.8 over two weeks. Was a little sick on my stomach for about a week. Prior to starting I was on 2,500 mg of metformin with no change in weight or blood sugar. As of November 15, I was down 35 pounds. I'm still on metformin and my doctor and her staff are amazed. I'm very seldom hungry. Sometimes I experience a weird feeling in my stomach and not sure if I hadn't eaten enough or ate the wrong thing and nothing makes the sensation go away except for sleeping. I've lost over 10 inches in my stomach and am complaining because I'm losing so fast that people think I'm sick/clothes are falling off. I've struggled with my weight for years and finally this has worked. At 173lbs.

November 28, 2014 10:38 AM

Review by Victoria fan (taken for less than 1 month):

For Diabetes, Type 2: Been on Victoza for 6 days, Dr started me right on the 1.8 dose. Still use a for a couple days, cravings sided dramatically, I am tolerating this med successfully. Not sure of my A1C as yet, but my fasting blood glucose has gone from an average of 200 down to 115 this morning, lost 3 lbs..... Wow!

November 22, 2014 6:05 PM

Review by AnnieZAR:

For Diabetes, Type 2: I think Victoza is the best thing I could have ever tried! I've been overweight my entire life and have been diagnosed with insulin resistance and Polycystic ovarian syndrome. My doctor prescribed it to me to try to help me with weight loss. I used it a year ago for 4 months (0.6mg) and lost around 12 kg. I then stopped using it (its expensive to buy). My bad eating habits made me gain 5 kg's. I'm on my first week of using Victoza again and already lost 2.5kg for the first week! If you really want results for weight loss, eat a healthy balanced diet. I know my body doesn't like red meat - so I'm on veggies, fruits, nuts, eggs and rice products. You are what you eat, and Victoza helps you to be able to eat healthy foods.

November 17, 2014 4:23 AM

Review by lsgurl:

For Diabetes, Type 2: Nauseated, vomiting, diarrhea. Tried different doses and the same thing. I did lose weight and my blood sugars did go down. It's a great medicine just not for me.

November 11, 2014 7:13 PM

Review by Dynawos (taken for less than 1 month):

For Diabetes, Type 2: I'm 64 yrs old, 5'2" female with an A1C of 8.1 and an Average 3 month glucose of 185. My morning sugars 160. Evenings from 170 to 290. I'm on 2000 mg of Metformin a and 100mg of Januvia. My new doctor suggested Victoza. First week had 1 day of nausea, 4 days of loose stools and 1 day with a minor headache. All was gone by day 6. Have lost 10 pounds in 10 days Sugars now run in the 140's in the morning and 120's - 140's in the evening. Not as hungry. Have not specifically exercised but have tried to eat at least 2x a day and -0- after 8pm. Less thirsty too. Now to get my thyroid levels back under control which I was just informed were off and need a higher dose (0.150mcg) of Synthroid. But I'm THRILLED with this medicine after 10 days of use.

October 30, 2014 2:19 AM

Review by Taymom (taken for less than 1 month):

For Diabetes, Type 2: I started taking Victoza on 10/18/2014 & the 1st 4 days I was fine I had a slight headache, the 5th day I was dizzy & vomiting I couldn't keep water down. I skipped a day of Victoza & started back the following day, no problems I'm down 7lbs.

October 28, 2014 12:40 PM

Review by Cassandra lucille (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Diabetes, Type 2: I have been diabetic for 27 yrs, sugars are uncontrolled. I have hypothyroid which makes it so difficult to lose weight. But last month my doctor switched me to Victoza. Since then I have lost 8 lbs! My sugar is great! My cravings are gone. And I feel full longer and no desire of over eating!

October 27, 2014 8:22 PM

Review by Vickysos:

For Diabetes, Type 2: I've been on Victoza for about 18 months. My doctor suggested it initially to help me with weight loss while supporting my Type II Diabetes. My glucose is now well within normal range. In fact, my doctor suggested I might want to consider stopping the medicine for a few months, and then retest my A1C level. However, as soon as I stopped, I started eating too much again. As I'm still trying to lose weight, I immediately went back on the Victoza and will try again in January when, hopefully, I will have lost a few more pounds. No regrets on this medicine (except the high price).

October 24, 2014 10:50 AM

Review by Steven living in Shanghai (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Diabetes, Type 2: My HbAC1 was at 8.5 and I tried many medicine for 4 years and without great success. I started using Victoza 7 weeks ago. First 2 weeks, I used 0.6mg and it did not do much for me, hardly noticed the difference. I increased to 1.2mg the following week. I try to remember, but I did not remember much side effect. I did have bruising at the injection site about 4 times, if you even call that side effect. The morning blood sugar came normal around 7.2. I lost only 2 kilograms(4 lb) for the fist 30 days. On the fifth week, I went to 1.8mg. Now I really start to feel there is no appetite. I eat every 2 hours for some fruit or other little snacks. Now, I do have trouble sleeping, but I can live with that. a total 9lb now

October 24, 2014 4:56 AM

Review by purrrplej74:

For Diabetes, Type 2: Victoza is a wonder medicine. I've been on it for two weeks, and have lost about ten pounds. (With many more to go!) I am rarely hungry at all anymore, and when I am hungry, it doesn't take much food at all to make me feel full. In between meals, I sometimes get a slight stomachache, but I much prefer that to feeling ravenously hungry all the time. Victoza also seems to be controlling my blood sugar in conjunction with Glumetza and Lantus. I've been able to stop Novolog, and hope to decrease or eliminate the Lantus. I hope it continues to work so well for me.

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 27, 2014 4:47 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I was prescribed Victoza after developing insulin resistance after having my son. I consistently gained 10 pounds per year, despite increased activity levels. I was 5'7", and 246 pounds. I want to lose 60 pounds. When I first began Victoza, it made me incredibly sick. I had to dial my dose back to .1, and increase by one point every week. Even at that low dose, I experienced decreased appetite, and weight loss. I have also noticed that my constant cravings have mostly disappeared. After 6 months, I down 45 pounds, and feeling great. My blood sugars are in the normal range, for the first time in FOUR years. This medicine has changed my life.

September 1, 2014 5:26 AM

Review by New Victoza User:

For Diabetes, Type 2: I was put on this medicine just 6 days ago and I feel great! Slight headaches and had nausea last night, but my most persistent symptoms are GONE! My fasting blood sugar would always creep overnight to 110 to 120 range. After my first meal blood sugar would come under control depending on what I ate. Now on Victoza I have seen a fasting blood sugar in the 85 to 105 range this week. As an added bonus I lost 6 pounds in six days. Hopefully the long term prospects are as favorable as the short term ones have been.

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 30, 2014 11:43 AM