User Reviews for Victoza

Learn more about Victoza.

Diabetes, Type 1 3 reviews 64 medications

8.6
Summary of Victoza reviews 251 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Victoza

Review by soldat1992 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Diabetes, Type 2: I have been on Victoza since May I started with the .6 then moved to the 1.2 and now I am on the 1.8 had no side effects from this medicine and have lost about 45 pounds. My blood sugars are below 130 most of the time am feeling fine and can't thank my doctor enough for turning me on to this medicine,

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 26, 2014 5:32 PM

Review by Crazy Canuck (taken for less than 1 month):

For Diabetes, Type 2: Tonight will mark my first week on Victoza. I am on this medication primarily to get my blood sugars within normal range, with the added hope of weight loss. I am amazed that within one week my numbers - fasting and non-fasting - are within normal range. I hope this will continue to be the case. I have been plagued by nausea and fatigue this first week. We'll see what tonight's increase to 1.2 mg brings. I also began to exercise on a daily basis. I started out slow, and will continue to increase my activity. My clothes are fitting me better, but I don't know exactly how much weight I've lost. I don't really want to know as in the past I have sabotaged myself when I began to loose weight.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 25, 2014 11:51 AM

Review by Patrn44:

For Diabetes, Type 2: I went on this med probably about 2 years ago. I've lost 49 pounds, but not just due to the Victoza, but because I've been eating better and exercising more. But the Victoza gave me a good boost in the right direction! I was running blood sugars in the 200's with fastings in the 140's to 180's -- not very good. At one point my A1C was 8! On Victoza my fastings are usually around 100 and my last A1C was 6.5! A big difference! The pen is easy to use, my pen needle is 32G, 5/32", I hardly feel it. The Victoza, at room temp, is undetectable as it goes in, completely painless. I thank God that my doctor switched me over. Oh, and I also take Metformin twice a day. I have no GI side effects whatsoever, and I never did.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 9, 2014 3:39 PM

Review by Andrea Lynne:

For Diabetes, Type 2: I have been on Victoza for 3 months now. I am a type 2 diabetic with poor control. Victoza has steadily increased and I am at 1.8. I am slightly overweight but since starting the Victoza I have dropped 15 pounds. I did drop all this weight in the first month, and have not lost any weight since. I did find the first month to be a little difficult with nausea and headaches. My fasting blood sugar levels have gone from the 150's down to the 90's, and I'm very happy with this! I am really hoping this will work long term!

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 9, 2014 1:04 PM

Review by PattPoo:

For Diabetes, Type 2: I have been taking Victoza for 4-5 weeks. Seems to keep my sugar in line. Was 190 - 240 range no 71 -117 range. I was a little naucious the first week at .6 dose BS 110-138. Next week went up to in between .6 and 1.2 dose. Some headaches but experienced a full day of diarrhea (it was hell for that day). Stayed at that dose for almost 2 weeks blood sugars were 91 - 135 mostly below 120. Testing 6-8 times a day. Increased dose at about the 3rd to 4th week to 1.2. Blood sugars are mostly normal 71-122. Although fasting mornings BS is 135- 155. Yet I test in the middle of night my BS is 99-107 (I am experiencing insomnia). I have been experiencing loose bowel movements and diarrhea for the last 2 weeks. I hope to go back to normal.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 8, 2014 12:59 PM

Review by JenChi (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Diabetes, Type 2: Had a great experience with Victoza. Really helps with blood sugar along with metformin. First few weeks were rough, very nauseated. stuck with it and very slowly increased my dose from .6 to 1.2 every time I felt up to it. lost 40 pounds over 8 months. Blood sugar in 90's in morning. I find it easier to eat a low carb diet when I am not that hungry.

June 25, 2014 8:57 PM

Review by hichair (taken for less than 1 month):

For Diabetes, Type 2: Been taking it one week today for Type 2 diabetes and obesity. Not eating so many bad carbs, but doesn't actually make me want to eat less. Don't know if I've lost weight yet, am waiting for nurse to weigh me when she's back from leave. Fatigue, slight nausea, nothing I can't cope with.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 24, 2014 11:48 AM

Review by pollyhannah (taken for less than 1 month):

For Diabetes, Type 2: Tried 3 times...good news blood sugar went from 300 to 116 in a day and lost 5 lbs in 3 days. Bad news severe diarrhea and vomiting after eating anything at all hives all over along with massive itching and psoriasis patches flared up and a few new patches appeared.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 19, 2014 6:50 PM

Review by MS Tina (taken for less than 1 month):

For Diabetes, Type 2: I have been on this medicine now for 3 weeks. 1.2 dosage. My blood sugar normalized almost immediately. Highest reading has been 137. Before this medicine I had been on 2 types of insulin for 2 years with very poor results. Blood glucose readings all over the spectrum. A1C also poor at 8-9. With Victoza I have lost 5 lbs. At first I was a little nauseous. My appetite has decreased. YEAH! The nausea has gone away now and my readings remain very good. I had lost hope of ever regulating my glucose but now with the Victoza I have hope again. Thanks Victoza.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 18, 2014 2:26 PM

Review by Curlyred (taken for less than 1 month):

For Obesity: I've been on Victoza for just over a week, started on 0.6 and today moved onto increased dose of 1.2. I am also on 4 x 500mg of metformin a day. I have had some stomach ache/sickness/fatigue with the Victoza but I'm sure it will get better. I've lost just under 7lb in this first week which is astonishing and I'm very excited to continue to see weight loss. I definitely have seen a big reduction in appetite, I don't want food as often and I don't eat as much so it's a win-win for me. I have not yet built exercise into my routine yet, just because the fatigue is making it difficult for me even to do household chores at the moment but hope I can soon get back in the gym and aid any weight loss Victoza gives me.

June 17, 2014 4:50 PM

Review by Jane C. (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Diabetes, Type 2: I have been on and off Victoza for a few years now. I had the really bad gastrointestinal side effects the first time I started it and milder side effects each time I stop and restart. I never get much above 1.2 before I start getting life-changing insomnia. I am not positive it's due to the Victoza, but it goes away when I stop it and starts when I restart. Very frustrating. However, my blood sugar rarely goes above 100 anymore and I am down about 30 pounds from when I started taking it. It's really minimal weight loss over two years but the effect it has on my Type 2 Diabetes is astounding. Now I'm just struggling to find the right dose so I can get some sleep. Any advice would be appreciated.

June 12, 2014 7:45 PM

Review by Ms. D. (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Obesity: I have been on Victoza since August, 2014 (9 mos). I had to increase the dosage between 1.2 and 1.8 gradually....1 click of the "pen" every 4 or 5 days to avoid the nausea. Now at 1.8 for several months. I have lost a total of 57 lbs! I want to lose about 25 more. So far I am thrilled with the results!

May 29, 2014 7:46 AM

Review by soldat1992 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Diabetes, Type 2: I have been on Victoza since 5-9-14 started with .6 and on 1.2 now. I have noticed my reading are now 80s to 150. This medicine is doing a great job. I am now off my glipizide and metformin and only take the Victoza which has caused no side effects that others have spoken of. I think this is a great medicine for diabetes. Thanks Victoza.

May 28, 2014 8:37 AM

Review by jutmissy (taken for less than 1 month):

For Diabetes, Type 2: I started on Victoza 3 weeks ago. 0.6 for one week and then increased to 1.2. The first week was horrible. I could not keep anything in my stomach. Doctor told me to drink lots of water, but I could not keep that down either. Now, at 3 weeks, I no longer experience any bad side effects, "yeah". I have lost 10 lbs and look forward for losing more. I have seen a decrease in blood sugar during the day, but mornings are still high. So far, very happy with Victoza.

May 23, 2014 2:36 PM

Review by Rocky3018:

For Diabetes, Type 2: I have been on Victoza for eight days and my readings are great, yes I do have sore throat and nausea. But I feel awesome and my sugar is I down. I got worried because I thought I had a urinary tract infection but not. I Think it's the medicine. I started this 1.2 a day ago. Nothing bad yet.

May 23, 2014 1:26 PM

Review by cazoomie56 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Diabetes, Type 2: My diabetes was out of control (300's), my Dr. put me on Victoza and I have never had such good readings. I have lost 5 pounds. The medicine sort of makes me feel full or a little nausea, but nothing bad at all. I'm so happy with it and so excited with the results. Thanks Victoza

May 21, 2014 11:28 AM

Review by soldat1992:

For Diabetes, Type 2: This is my 5th injection of Victoza I have had no side effects of the medicine and my blood sugar readings have dropped from on average 250-360 down to 150. I am feeling fine so far and I up my amount to 1.2 in two more days.

May 14, 2014 5:02 AM

Review by Trey's Awesome Mom:

For Diabetes, Type 2: I started taking Victoza 3 weeks ago and feel much better. The only side effect I have had is dry mouth. I have lost 10 lbs and have about 35 more to go. My blood sugars are around normal and I feel better

May 9, 2014 3:12 PM

Review by Exhausted from side effects:

For Diabetes, Type 2: The nausea, vomiting and massive diarrhea was so bad that I had to stop after two days. I waited a week and tried again only to have even worse reactions including headache, gas, etc... It has been a week and I still have diarrhea 20 or so times per day and as others point out the smell is terrible. My belly is bloated and distended and my throat hurts from the vomiting. No weight loss and sugar is higher due to inability to retain medications.

May 8, 2014 3:17 AM

Review by Carol 855 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Diabetes, Type 2: Blood sugars and HbA1C have greatly improved. Some early nausea which improved after about 2 weeks. During the Next 6 weeks I felt very good, however the last 2 weeks the nausea, heartburn and abdominal discomfort has returned. I am now considering stopping the medication, I have an appointment with my doctor to discuss it next week.

April 16, 2014 7:38 PM

Review by Rephill:

For Diabetes, Type 2: I have been on 0.6 ml of Victoza for 7 days now to control my type 2 Diabetes. The first 5 days were hellacious to say the least! I had debilitating nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and those horrible sulfur burps and gas that ran everyone away from me and sent me to the ER thinking my insides were deteriorating! LOL! But by day 6, the side effects subsided. I lost 10 lbs within the first 3 days. Tomorrow I have to increase the dosage, but I'm praying that I won't have to deal with the side effects again. So far so good.

April 10, 2014 11:48 AM

Review by Hopeful loser (taken for less than 1 month):

For Obesity: Just finished my first week at 0.6 and was quite ill all week. Headache and nausea being the main symptoms along with mild fever and lack of energy... But I'm down 7lbs ! No wonder though, I hardly ate. I'm a little nervous about upping the dose to 1.2 tomorrow as I'm just starting to feel better, but I'll give it a shot. If I find it's too much too quick I will go back to 0.6 for a while longer until my body can tolerate it more. Even though I was sick, the 7lbs lost in that first week was worth it and gave me that boost I needed. I feel motivated now.

April 10, 2014 4:32 AM

Review by Deanna72:

For Diabetes, Type 2: I started Victoza about a month ago. Started with 0.6 for a week than increase to 1.2. I felt nauseous the first week but just off and on and mild. Each day over the last couple of weeks I have become more and more ill. My numbers not only did not stay lower as they did when I first started but they have actually increased. I have a headache non stop and haven't lost a pound despite not eating much due to being so sick. I stopped taking it a couple nights ago due to not being able to even sleep. I was waking in the middle of the night feeling like I was going to vomit. I still feel nauseous but it's getting better.

April 6, 2014 2:56 PM

Review by redbutterfly44 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Diabetes, Type 2: Me again! I am now completing my second week of Victoza. My blood sugars are down around 102 after being at 200-250 most of the time! Amazing! I have had some nausea side effects though. I can barely eat, it's work to put anything into my mouth and I am a huge foodie. Love to think about, look at and eat food but I just can't do it. It's really weird. I have lost 4 pounds from when I started this medicine and I can tell I will lose more because it is a struggle to eat. There have been 2 days that I have had to go home from work, though. Those 2 days all I could do was sleep and I just felt miserable. Yesterday was one of those days and I had a horrible headache that wouldn't go away with Advil. I'll report again in a few weeks!

April 4, 2014 2:34 PM

Review by vlh1949:

For Diabetes, Type 2: I am going into my 4th month. The first 3 months I was only on .6 injection and had a monster sinus infection, huge doses of antibiotics and prednisone during the first 2 months...not Victoza related. The prednisone reqired me to up my dose to 1.2 to keep my blood sugar levels below 100nd stable. I lost a few pounds at the beginning, but I was seriously monitoring calorie intake so not sure that it was Victoza related. Like another rater, I get nauseated if I eat greasy foods...I am learning what the triggers are for that and just don't eat them. I am also Celiac so a touchy gut is not foreign. Plain, healthy foods are much more appealing. I have lost 18.5 lbs over the last 4 months. 5 of those pounds in the last two weeks...I am happy

March 30, 2014 9:36 PM