User Reviews for Victoza

Learn more about Victoza.

Diabetes, Type 2 293 reviews 126 medications

8.3
Summary of Victoza reviews 293 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Victoza

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Iam a 70 yr. Old diabetic and have been type 2 for 15 yrs. Started victozA last week. I immediately felt better no more headaches and my morning blood glucose is under 100 for the first time in years. Iam running 3 x a week and eating low carb diet about 45 carbs per meal as directed by Dr. Iam losing weight about 2 pounds in first week. I have not noticed any negatives with victoza other than some flatus and stomach rumbling. My cravings for sugar is diminishing and I have alot of energy. I would recommend any reader to go to a dr. Who specializes in endocrinology and get a diabetic nutritionist to set up a meal plan for you. Also key is to exercise daily and stay positive. Even though you are a diabetic by taking care of your body ."

moonlight1 (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "have only been on victorza for a few days. I had bad nausea and migranes then it changed to no energy at all . I sleep till noon one day and I have 2 young kids and a full time job. Searching for a better answer"

kbhkbh January 28, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Pancreatic rejection with non-stop vomiting, diarrhea, migraine, dizziness, and total loss of energy"

Scared Patient (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Been on Victoza for a month. Nil side affects. Weight is down 8 pds. Cravings gone. Perfect drug but still not seeing better glucose, still running in 200s. Hope the second month brings better control."

Tm70 January 19, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I know it's a bit early but thought I could always update as I continue on my Victoza journey. I started with the 0.6 dose on Dec 28, 2015. My blood sugars were continually averaging between 8.0 to 15.1. I noticed straight away my blood sugars were down in the 8's and 7's after meals and in the morning. After reading a lot of reviews on different sites I was terrified to take this. Side effects so far: mild nausea, not all the time, just here and there, a bit itchy at the injection sites, a bit bloated and mild constipation. You have to be careful not to overeat because you do feel full quick. Blood sugar in the morning 6.7, five pounds lost. will update."

Nerak70 (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I can't talk about loosing weight, but previously NO medication was able to take my morning blood sugar level down till Victoza! And here it is, I could not be happier! Since I am using Victoza my blood sugar level in the 100 level and hasn't my highest reading was 160. Yay!"

Gabbyb966 January 13, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I've been using Victoza since May 2013 and since then have reduced my weight from just under 17 stone to just under 11st (5ft 6'' Stocky build) and my blood sugar within this period is consistently between 4.5 and 7.5 mmol (used to be 15 to >20mmol!!). Where I've seen a huge difference is with my attitude to food. I don't consider myself to be or have been on a diet with Victoza but it's helped immensely with portion control. I do watch all my carbs, fats and calories now but I don't feel I really deprive myself. I hear that signal from my stomach a lot louder than I used to and I feel fuller for longer. I still graze but food I took for mundane now feels more satisfying. So glad to see the back of my insulin too!"

Barabajagal (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 13, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I am so grateful my doctor put me on Victoza. I used to have a fear of needles but this is very easy to deal with. So I started using Victoza on Dec 3rd, my sugars were still very high despite taking Metformin. The doctor also wanted to try it because I'm obese and always have been no matter what I do (I also have Hashimoto's disease which prevents me from losing weight). On Jan 7th I went back to see my doc and I had lost 10 lbs!! Despite eating whatever I felt like over Christmas. The side effects were horrible for a few weeks but I stuck with it and I'm back to normal now (except some heartburn). I'm hoping it will help me even more now that I'm eating healthier and exercising! I have more energy now as well."

ificouldfly January 12, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I got diagnosed with type 2 diabetes back in October and the doctor immediately put me on Victoza, well here we are in December and she is changing me to Byetta because the Victoza quit working.. Hoping I have better long lasting results this time."

Petra D. December 30, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "On Victoza for 2 months now. I am at 1.2 but can move up as tolerated to 1.8. I have had no side effects and feel great. Morning levels went from 130 to 80's. Also I am taking extended release 500 mg of Metformin twice a day. Lost 8-9 pounds --- nice but the blood sugar control is the great thing. Will be back."

Max2x December 29, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "All the side effects"

Kobus Oosthuizen December 26, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Started Victoza this week. Have lost 3 pounds but blood sugars are still in 200s. Is this normal?"

Tm926 December 24, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I just started Victoza so I came here to read reviews about the medicine. I'm an EMT-B (working on my paramedic) and I work in an emergency room. So, I'm very interested in disease processes and how different medications work for different people. I wanted to offer suggestions to people experiencing the side effects of the medications. Examine your diet closely. Keep a food journal. Your doctor might be able to help examine foods that make the side effects worse. Also, consult with your doctor about probiotic treatments such as Previcid, Protonics, Nexium, Prilosec, etc. Medications like this might be able to minimize these symptoms."

Pmediccurt (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Victoza has been great! Had minimum side effects but went away after I start taking at night. Love the new energy I have. Don't have appetite I once had. Loving this medicine so far."

Raclang (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "A1C runs around 6. On 1.2mg Victoza. Have lost 22 lbs since began late Aug. 2015. Some occasional nausea or indigestion. Tums fixes it. have used Weight Watchers plan for years but have never lost weight like this. Anxious to find out new A1C this first week of Dec. I feel so much better. Snacking is non-existent lately and I do not overeat due to controlled recommended portions that are now filling."

TippyTail (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 27, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have taken Victoza for about 6 weeks. Between the nausea, upper GI disturbances, including reflux and heartburn, the extreme flatulence and belching, and the resulting loss of sleep, I do not know how much longer I can stay on this medication. I had already begun losing weight prior to starting this, but the subsequent loss is quite dramatic, and glucose levels have remained stable. I would love to stay on this medication for the results, but the side effects have to improve."

Xroadie (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 25, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Lowered Blood Glucose. Effective. However, I could not tolerate the Side Effects. Occasional severe nausea and vomiting, and unpredictable diarrhea which persisted after discontinuing (I also take Metformin 1000 mg/day - known to cause nausea, but, I had no symptoms until Victoza), In 2008 I had 2 brain surgeries and suffered months of nausea and vomiting. This was so traumatic for me that I can't tolerate Victoza. "

redhand32 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 19, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on Victoza since February 2015. I have lost over 60 lbs. I have had no side effects other than black and blue at the injection site. I was also taking Farxiga with the Victoza. Had stupid side effects with Farxiga, runny nose constantly. I am now off of Farxiga and just taking Victoza. For me personally Victoza it is great."

Megntori November 13, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I started taking victoza February 2015 @the smallest dose 0.6. My a1c level was over 15. By March my a1c level went down to 10. By May my a1c was 8.9 in sept my a1c level was 8.1. Today October is 8.0. I lost a total of 15lbs From jan to now. At the lower dose had some nausea and diarrhea that subsided. By June I was at the highest level of the victosa. This caused serious diarrhea,nausea,vomiting,eggy burping and severe gas. I'm got off victosa and symptoms went away but sugars increased. I'm now trying farxiga lets hope this med does just as well without side effects. I loved what victoza did for me but side effects were to severe. One other note I also have IBS with direness which contributed to the severe diarrhea episodes"

Sparkyatlarge October 27, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I Love this medication!!! My blood sugar stayed down and I was able to loss 22 pounds in a yr. (doesn't sound like much but it is when your not meaning to loss weight) I only gave it a 9 because of the cost and the fact there aren't savings card that are worth anything. With my insurance and the savings card it was still costing me 200 to 400 a month. The savings card only helped a little."

mjobe71 (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 27, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have tried taking Victoza 3 times now and I get so sick (headache, nausea and vomiting) that I have to stop after 2 days each time. I have taken a lots of different meds in my 51 year's but nothing has ever made me that sick. I was hoping to lose about 35 lbs, but I can't stand being that sick."

LisaCrow October 25, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I've been on Victoza for 2 & a half years. I was a little nauseated at first but my a1c has been around 6 since i started taking it. I've also lost 70 lbs! I feel better than I ever have!"

moonlite5335 October 18, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "For me, Victoza was a life-changing drug. For decades, I struggled with unexplained hunger and weight gain. I had every possible test done. Finally, after tests showed a slightly elevated A1c, I suggested to my doctor we try Victoza. And it worked. Yes, there was nausea. But the medication actually worked BETTER the longer I was on it. I attribute this to loss of appetite, (after several months, I no longer experienced the raging hunger I once did). I admit that nausea continues to be a problem (and the only side effect), so I’ll try decreasing Victoza to 1.2, then .6 if that doesn’t work. Despite the nausea, the drug has been well-worth it for me. I finally feel like myself again. I guess what I’m saying is, “Don’t lose hope!”"

Struggled for Years October 17, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "My husband took victoza and metformin together as recommended by his diabetic nurse. He had always been on metformine but as soon as he started taking victoza my husband started feeling sick, stomach cramps and getting eggy burbs. This would happen once a month for the whole yr he took it. He'd take time off work being sick because if the sickly symptoms. I'm so convinced that this is what gave my husband cancer of the upper stomach and esophagus. His life was was taken away from him too soon (42 yrs old) leaving behind a broken and devastated wife, 2yr old and at the time a 6month old baby. Did anyone else has experience anything like this?"

Anonymous October 16, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I am on day 4 and had nausea and diarrhea on day one and two. Yesterday was better but today seems great hope it stays that way. Lost 3 lbs Waking numbers have improved but still aren't where they need to be."

GANGAROO September 22, 2015