User Reviews for Adipex-P

Learn more about Adipex-P.

Obesity 41 reviews 54 medications

9.2
Weight Loss 210 reviews 27 medications

9.1
Summary of Adipex-P reviews 251 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Adipex-P

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Weight Loss: I started Apidex on March 21st weighing 233lbs. Now on May 21st I weight 205lbs with very little excerise. Very happy with the outcome. Going to start working out, hopefully will get to my goal weight of 170.

May 21, 2012 7:24 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Obesity: My highest weight has been 339lbs and I am a 5'7. I have always been overweight since 1st grade. I have degenerative joint disease and have had 6 knee surgeries. I decided to get weight loss surgery after I found out the discs in my spine were degenerating. I started my 3 month physician weight loss requirement per my insurance. My doctor gave me Adipex and put me on weight watchers. I lost 17lbs in 1 month. I do not exercise because it is painful. I have done weight watchers in the past, but this time it has been easy because I am "HUNGRY" is gone. My craving for sweets all the time is gone also. It truly WORKS!! The only negative is dry mouth.

May 17, 2012 1:19 PM

Review by 08 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Obesity: I have been taking it for almost 2 months now and I lost 9 lbs the first month and had a lot more energy and the second month I haven't lost anything and no energy. I have had constipation cramps and dry mouth and insomnia. I have to go to the doctor once a month for a check up and a new prescriptions my goal is to lose 30lbs but at this rate I am not going to make it I walk 3 miles a day at a brisk walk and do a cardio work out 3 times a week but can't seem to lose the weight like everyone else who have commented on this board.

May 8, 2012 12:40 PM

For Weight Loss: I have had a very good experience with Adipex.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 6, 2012 1:03 AM

For Weight Loss: I started taking Adipex on 3/21/12. My starting weight was 271.5. Today is 4/25/12 and I weigh 258lbs. I've lost a total of 13.5 lbs. I'm certain I could've lost WAY more. After over a month, I still have 1/2 a bottle left. The side effects of the pill (rapid heart beat, dizziness from not eating..etc) brought out my pre-existing anxiety issues. I stopped taking it for 2 weeks and got back to eating wrong but I started again a little over a week ago and I'm losing like CRAZY! I weigh everyday and the number keeps getting smaller (side effects are GONE). I sometimes skip a pill, but I still don't feel like I'm starving like I used to. Will continue to take it until I reach 145lbs. I haven't exercised, but I did purchase the INSANITY workout and will start soon.

April 25, 2012 4:59 PM

For Weight Loss: Started taking Adipex March 28, 2012 not on Sundays and had the flu for two days which I didn't take the pills either. I am a 6 ft 2 in male who starting weight was 289lbs on 3/28/2012. Today is now 4/23/2012 and my weight is now 274.6 lbs! I do exercise but I could not lose any weight. I am very pleased with my loss and I simply started tracking the things I eat and making better choices. You can do it just drink plenty of water and or juices and you will be fine. Good luck

April 23, 2012 9:48 AM

Review by Oldfatgit:

For Obesity: Started taking Adipex-P 4 weeks ago. Cons: Constipation and really bad bouts of Insomnia - better as time has gone on. Do not take with a blood pressure pill/water pill - you will feel like crap and your heart will try to burst through your ribcage. Pros: Lost 31 pounds. 17 pounds - yes 17 pounds in 1 week though I do attribute that to the Adipex-P Blood Pressure/water pill. I found I could not take both at the same time or on the same day so I stopped taking the blood pressure pill. My blood pressure is down to where it should be. Working out 4-5 times a week. 4-5 miles of cardio per workout plus weights. Probably cut my daily calorie intake by half. I plan on taking the pill for a max of 3 months so by summer I should be off the pill but still have a more active life.

April 12, 2012 6:39 PM

Review by scrooge64:

For Obesity: I started taking Adipex-P 37.5 mg on July 17, 2010 at 252 lbs. It increased my energy level and suppressed my appetite a great deal. I did experience dry mouth at first but it subsided in a few days. At a weigh in with my wonderful doctor on August 5, 2010 I lost 11 lbs. My doctor started me with taking the medication for 2 months and then one month off until January 2012 and I now take the medication for 1 month and I'm off of it for 2 months. I am hungrier when I'm off the medication but I have learned what portion sizes and types of foods to eat and have done pretty well maintaining. You have to have determination and willpower for the rest of your life. By the way, it's now April 7, 2012 and I weigh 148 lbs. I have lost 104 lbs.

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 7, 2012 2:16 PM

Review by hollywood0831:

For Weight Loss: I started taking Adipex March 15 2012. My starting weight was 232. My first week weighing in I lost 7 lbs weighing 225lbs. I don't have too many complications only dry mouth. I use to drink a lot of sodas maybe a 8-9 sodas a day. While taking Adipex I only drink water. As a result of the non sleep my doctor also prescribed me trazodone, this is to put you to sleep. I now go to the gym and walk. I know after I stop taking the Adipex my eating and drinking habits will change. I love this pill the only thing is a little constipated that comes from not eating. My first week I just took some stool softeners. Other than the dry mouth, constipation, and a little stomach cramps I am good.

March 30, 2012 2:26 PM

Review by pv2:

For Obesity: I have been taking Adipex for 11 days now and I have lost 11 pounds. I am so happy. I really can't believe it. I keep checking the scale because I have never been able to lose weight this fast. I have been doing light exercise but nothing to hard. I weighed 305lbs when I started now I weigh 294lbs. My short term goal is to lose 20lbs by the time I go back to the doctor in 2 weeks, but my long term goal is to lose 100lbs.

March 28, 2012 11:19 AM

For Obesity: I started taking Adipex on 3/6/2012 and today it 3/27/2012 I weighed in at 188lbs and now I'm 178lbs. I used to crave bread late at night that would wake me up out of my sleep but after taking this medication I haven't even had a craving. I work out at least 5x a week mainly cardio and light weights. So far I'm happy with the medication with the only side effect is dry mouth so I drink more water. My goal weight is 127lbs so I will see how it goes. It gives me lots of energy and if I don't take it I still don't feel hungry for at least 2 days.

March 28, 2012 10:18 AM

For Weight Loss: I started taking Adipex-P on Jan 21,2012 and I have not had any side effects except for the dry mouth that can be controlled by drinking lots of water and so far I have lost 18lb. I'm in my 3rd month and hope this pill keeps working as it has been.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 20, 2012 1:16 PM

For Weight Loss: I started taking Adipex-P on October 21, 2012. My starting weight was 267 and I'm a 5'2" 22 year old female. When I went back to the doctor 6 weeks later I weighed in at 247... so 20 lbs in 6 week. I almost started crying in the doctor's office. I have never in my life been told that I had lost a good amount of weight (maybe just a pound or two at checkups which probably had mostly to do with clothing or water weight). The second time I went back I weighted in at 231. Totaling 36lbs. All of which I wasn't exercising. I had dry mouth a lot and no interest in food what so ever. Now on my home scale about a month since weighing in last time I am down to about 225. 42lbs in 21 weeks =)

March 15, 2012 12:46 AM

For Weight Loss: I have only been on Adipex for a week and a half now,and lost about 4 pounds in the first 3 days but now i am at a stand still again, I am on 37.5 dose and have never experienced jitters, extra energy, and worst of all I am still hungry! I do not eat that much in hopes I will still loose weight, also I work out at home for at least an hour 3-5 times a week, mixing cardio with weights. I only have the prescription for one month so we will see how the other 2 1/2 weeks go.

February 24, 2012 12:02 PM

For Weight Loss: I've been taking this for 5 months, with only 10-15 lbs lost. I believe the reason I've been at a stand-still with my weight (not losing or gaining anything) is because I haven't found a diet/lifestyle change that will work for me (and I don't have the extra money for Weight Watchers), and I'm not that active due to my chronic back pain. But I just got a gym membership again, and hopefully I'll start seeing better results when I start exercising and find a diet that works for me!

February 15, 2012 5:35 PM

For Weight Loss: I have not experienced any of the side effects. I lost 21 pounds in 3 months without being hungry and not exercising. I am on a high protein, low carb, low calorie meal plan. I tried weight watchers but it worked for a short time. Until Adipex and this meal plan, I never realized how many carbs I was consuming per day. I'm happy and healthy and can keep up with my 2-year old grandson. I will be tapering off Adipex next month since I am within 5 pounds of my weight loss goal.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 10, 2012 8:29 AM

For Obesity: I was at my wits end with trying to lose weight. My doctor prescribed Adipex. I started on October 11/2011 as 01/2012 I have lost a total of 45 pounds! I weighed 259 I'm now 215 I would like to lose a total of 104 pounds. I am very healthy, workout out five days a week using a combination if walking /running five miles, high impact cardio, weights, and household chores. I love the new me. My advice is please don't depend solely on the pill you must do your part.

January 18, 2012 8:20 PM

For Weight Loss: Started at 205, 5'4" age 30 female. Experienced the traditional side effects of initial dry mouth, jitters, and sweating but also lost the interest of eating. All thoughts of eating (especially when bored) went away, found that most often when others were eating or even the smell of food no longer turned my hunger on and in some cases made me queasy. Next, my mental focus and energy sky rocketed and I was able to complete projects with more quality and determination than ever before. The pounds melted away with virtually little exercise. Lost 25 lbs in the first three months, cannot wait to lose the next 25 and am now including a workout regimen I'm doing at home with the Wii.

January 4, 2012 9:41 AM

Review by jusbelieve:

For Weight Loss: I started taking Adipex because I was tired of my stomach sitting in my lap to make a long story short. I started out weighing 205lbs and in 4 months I was down to 167lbs losing a total of 39 pounds. I love Adipex along with taking the pill. I took the B12 shot and Lipo birth control pills. I feel great.

December 30, 2011 7:20 PM

Review by chasityh:

For Weight Loss: I am a 22 yr. old female. I am 5'7" and weighed 170 pounds when I started Adipex-P on December 3 2011. It is now the 12th and I have lost 9 lbs! 9lbs in 9 days! I couldn't believe it. I have been exercising 3 times a week for an hour and I'm on a 1200 calorie a day diet. Protein and fiber mostly and I allow myself one cheat meal a week. I'm drinking mostly water and maybe a a gatorade or two a week. I would like to get down to 130 lbs so I still have a way to go. Wish me luck. I will update in a month.

December 13, 2011 10:04 AM

Review by mindel:

For Obesity: Pros: weightloss, decreased appetite, energetic, exaggerated sense of well being/good mood Cons: insomnia, can't sit still, dry mouth, stomach cramps, teeth grinding

December 8, 2011 11:14 AM

Review by Southern Belle:

For Weight Loss: I started this medication to lose baby weight after two kids in five years. I am a 28 year old female that after pregnancy weighed 202lbs. I started ADIPEX 37.5 IN September 2011. It is November 13, 2011 and I have lost 30lbs. I weigh 172 and I still have 15-20 lbs pre-pregnancy weight. I have had dry mouth and upset stomach but nothing I can't deal with. I lost 30lbs in 10 weeks! That's amazing and insane. I also started a high protein and low carb diet. I have been working out 2-3 days a week at the gym. Stick with it people this medication works!

November 13, 2011 6:29 AM

Review by Terrica:

For Weight Loss: I started Adipex on 9/19/2011 starting weight was 202 being 5ft tall and only 23 with five kids since my doctor started me on the pills. I now weigh 187.6 pounds. I work out Monday through to Friday. I love it. I feel better my goal is to lose 60 pounds and I'm not stopping until I get there. I drink nothing but water everyday. I get dry mouth a lot but that's about it. I recommend this pill to anyone. I used to sleep all day, now I'm up all day. The pill has changed me as a person. I still have a lot to lose until I reach my goal.

October 11, 2011 3:43 AM

For Weight Loss: Adipex has changed my life. I was 251lbs. My feet and hands were swelling for no reason. All my clothes were getting too small. It was the largest I had been in my life and I hated to look in the mirror and was mortified to see pictures of myself. In just 6 weeks on Adipex I have lost 28 lbs. While I'm not where I want to be, my entire outlook on life has changed. I feel like I can really be a normal, healthy size again and shop at regular stores. Most importantly my cloak of invisibility is fading away.

September 26, 2011 5:49 PM

Review by on my way down:

For Weight Loss: As of today, August 30, 2011 I've been taking Adipex for exactly one week and I've lost 9 pounds. I think it works wonders aside from the cotton mouth, restlessness, and jitters. It also gives me an extra little push of energy. I love it. I'm eating healthier, drinking plenty of water and taking the stairs now instead of the elevator. I haven't even done any strenuous exercise. I love love LOVE it!

August 30, 2011 10:09 PM