Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Vyvanse

Learn more about Vyvanse.

ADHD 369 reviews 31 medications

8.2
Binge Eating Disorder 0 reviews 1 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Vyvanse reviews 369 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Vyvanse

Review by elit:

For ADHD: 26y/o male 5'9 170lb taking vyvanse for 6-7 years. Started with 30mg now on 60mg. I had previously been given everything else for ADHD but nothing stuck long term. Vyvanse has helped, coupled with regular exercise and healthy eating habits.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 20, 2015 8:17 PM

Review by h83p4x (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For ADHD: It works but I am taking low dose because it decreases appetite.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 13, 2015 8:14 PM

Review by annohr (taken for less than 1 month):

For ADHD: I'm 19 years old and started taking 50mg Vyvanse today, being diagnosed with ADD. So far today, i haven't any problems focusing and actually WANT to get my work done. It did take around 2 hours to start working, but there were no jitters. I never thought ADHD or ADD was a problem of mine, but it does run in my family.

February 23, 2015 4:22 PM

Review by attagirlfromHTX (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For ADHD: LOVE IT. I took Strattera for 4 yrs but switched because of terrible nausea and anxiety. The first 3 months I had terrible migraines, lack of appitite & trouble sleeping. Keep taking it daily to give body time to adjust. No side effects now and huge HUGE improvement in work, concentration and motivation.

February 5, 2015 10:06 PM

Review by hockeyisthesport (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For ADHD: If you have social anxiety don't take more than 40 milligrams of Vyvanse because you'll be extremely anxious. I'd also suggest taking 0.25 milligrams of Klonopin in the afternoon to help with the moodiness and anxiety amphetamines cause as they wear off.

January 26, 2015 8:36 AM

Review by EMcG (taken for less than 1 month):

For ADHD: I'm 25 years old and was diagnosed with ADD when I was about 8 years old and also have a processing problem as well. This is the 2nd day I am on it and on 20mg (lowest dose). It takes a little while to kick in but when it does I do get a little jittery (which is a side effect); which only lasts a few minutes. I concentrate so much better with my online courses. when I was first diagnosed with ADD I was put on a medication that my mother said I wasn't the same person anymore and since then I was never medicated and struggled with the simplest things and also became depressed. If you have been diagnosed with ADHD/ADD I do suggest this for you and helps; with this med you aren't a zombie or foggy.

January 22, 2015 8:18 AM

Review by Joyik (taken for less than 1 month):

For ADHD: I have been on this med for 12 days, so far i haven't seen a difference, in fact I'm thinking my Dr gave me a placebo. I have been very tired and sleeping more. I have tried Dexedrine and Concerta which I feel, worked better, but was harsh. I hope in time I will see the benefits.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 20, 2015 2:35 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For ADHD: I can focus so much easier now, my thoughts are manageable and I can keep them straight in a way I never have before the only downsides are I am basically emotionless and it's difficult for me to let loose and have fun. Also another problem is when I miss a day I turn into a lunatic, like I am hyperactive, running on pure energy and unable to control what comes out of my mouth (thank God my teachers are cool!).

January 12, 2015 6:26 PM

Review by Olemissrbs (taken for less than 1 month):

For ADHD: My son who is nine was just started on Vyvanse for ADD. He was not hyperactive just couldn't focus. We struggled with from preschool to third grade. Held him back in first that helped a little. Then third grade about killed him. Medications were my last resort. Scared me to death to put him on medicines, 100% difference. Teacher said it was like a fog lifted. I'm like wow. Decreased appetite only side affect. But not bad.

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 9, 2015 10:15 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For ADHD: Cannot get to sleep. Extremely angry / irritated when first get up.

January 4, 2015 7:13 PM

Review by AliceKettle (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For ADHD: I'm 19 years old 4'11, small-framed, and I weigh 85 pounds. I didn't notice a great change in weight when I stopped it for one whole summer when I was 11. I just gained 4 more pounds. Nonetheless, I'm not underweight, bulimic, or anorexic. I've always been thin and petite. I'm on 60mg of Vyvanse for ADHD currently, but I've been prescribed it for awhile. What can I say about this medicine? It's great! Yes, it suppresses the appetite a little, and sometimes I have to force myself to eat. This medication doesn't alter my personality oddly like Adderall. I'm still me, just more focused. My only complaint is that it mostly wears off in the evening when I need focus. I'm a singer too, so dry mouth is a side-effect that I could do without.

December 20, 2014 2:25 PM

Review by av964:

For ADHD: Vyvanse has changed my life, for the better. It gives me the motivation and confidence I need to complete tasks that otherwise would be daunting and unappealing. Talk to your doctor first to make sure you actually would benefit from it. The only down side is how expensive it can get if you're not covered.

December 4, 2014 10:30 AM

Review by lch8:

For ADHD: Switched from Adderall to Vyvanse because I was experiencing negative side effects. Even on the smallest dose of Adderall I was anxious, had trouble with public speaking, and would have pretty bad mood swings. On Vyvanse I finally feel like a 'normal' person. My mom noticed a difference on the first day, and I no longer feel hopeless and discouraged while doing school work.

December 1, 2014 7:37 PM

Review by Caraxx:

For ADHD: I have ADHD since I was very young. I've been on numerous different medications for it - Adderall XR, Concerta, Strattera, etc. Out of them all, Vyvanse has had the best results. Vyvanse helps me focus, get things done, act my age, and think before I act. I can focus on one thing at a time, rather than twenty things at once. One thing I have noticed about Vyvanse is that it treats my ADHD but doesn't take away from my personality. In other words, it doesn't make me feel like a zombie. I would definitely recommend Vyvanse to anyone with legitimate ADHD!

November 22, 2014 3:43 PM

Review by Coolbro21 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For ADHD: I'm 14 and diagnosed with ADHD when I was 4. But I started the 20mg medicine when I was 9. And I went from,F- to A's and B's in school.

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 20, 2014 6:41 PM

Review by Dan97:

For ADHD: High schooler, last year failed with D's and F's now I have A's and B's across the board. I'm taking 30mg of Vyvanse every morning, and it has turned my schooling in a complete 100% success. Only negative thing I can say, I've been having very short tempers. Anything can make me go off, I had it before taking medication but now it's more common for me to get very faster. Other than that no complaints! For a school setting this medicine is amazing.

October 27, 2014 11:27 AM

Review by mustlovefood:

For ADHD: Oh, if there was an 11, I would give Vyvanse this rating, if it was not for one side effect. But I am not 100% sure it is the Vyvanse. I have been having pretty bad chest pains since I started on Vyvanse a couple of months ago. I even went to the ER for an asthma attack. The trouble is, for the last few years (pre-ADHD diagnosis and any meds) I have been slowly growing into adult onset asthma. So it's tough even for the doctors to tell if it's from the asthma or the Vyvanse! The ER doc said no, Vyvanse shouldn't cause chest pains, so did my psychiatrist (who I trust and really respect). Long story short--I LOVE VYVANSE!! Has given me my life whole new meaning. I am the best version of myself. My whole entire extended family notices!

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 5, 2014 8:20 PM

Review by Ledoux (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For ADHD: I've been almost 3 years taking 30mg. Initially, it was sporadical. Now I just need it daily to function properly. Until one year ago I took Lexapro 10 mg Xanax 1 or 2 mg/day. Now I had to increase Xanax to 4mg per day and sometimes Rohypnol to try to get some sleep. I feel really depressed and it's getting worse, also easily angry, that didn't occur when I took Lexapro but my psychiatrist didn't think it was necessary to take it any longer. I have to make major efforts to overcome suicidal thoughts. Have awful tremors and recently a unusual chest pain.

September 29, 2014 11:13 PM

Review by Wife mother and full time job (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For ADHD: I have been on Vyvanse for 2 months now and started at 30mg. That did nothing at all. Then upped it to 40mg. I have headaches constantly, no appetite and constant mood swings. I'll go from happy to crying to just plain mean within minutes. If I'm not having mood swings then I'm pretty much emotionless. I also have manic depression and a severe anxiety disorder. Vyvanse has done nothing but make my depression and anxiety worse, and now causing maritial problems.

September 21, 2014 12:43 PM

Review by Klaude:

For ADHD: I've tried so many medications that really did nothing for me except give me more mental problems. When I started on Vyvanse, I felt invincible. If you've ever watched the movie limitless, that's exactly how it feels! There was this short period of time that I took a break every now and then, do not do that! It made me chronically bipolar but I've started up on it and it really is the best medication you could have. If you wish to get off of it, I suggest you do so slowly and on days you don't have it, drink caffeine. It took me 6 months to not have that addictive feeling, now I'm back on it because I'm going back to school. It's up to you to say whether the side effects out way the epic benefits. It took me a while to figure that out. Good Luck!

September 9, 2014 10:53 AM

Review by Niern (taken for 10 years or more):

For ADHD: I was not officially diagnosed with ADD until I was 30yrs old. I have been on Vyvanse for over 10 yrs now. I have had to increase my amount from 30 to 50 and have now been at 60 for over a year now. Sometimes I feel it causes irritability, but other than that only dry mouth. It has definitely helped with my attention disorder. It initially made me lose 10lbs and then leveled out. I have always been athletic except when my chronic pain is too bad. My son has ADHD and took Concerts for about 2 yrs. It helped tremendously with his anger and outburst and his grades. I only wish that my parents had me tested when I was younger as we did for my son. It would have taken away a lot of heartache! My daughter never suffered thankfully.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 14, 2014 12:24 PM

Review by Nanette' (Na-Nay) (taken for less than 1 month):

For ADHD: In England my mother took me to the doctor and being a nurse herself knew I had ADHD. The doctors wanted to put me on Ritalin but my mother said no, I would grow out of it eventually. In the US my attention from high school through college became worse, and I got into a lot of trouble. My grades were horrible in high school through college, even work. I had to take classes two to three times over again. The only way I would remember daily things was to write it down. Now at 41, I got help, and I am able to focus, complete tasks, remember without asking ten times, and sit still. It's never too late for help. Just wish I would of done this 35 years ago. My anger has subsided also with no side effects.

August 5, 2014 12:08 PM

Review by travvy (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For ADHD: I failed 2 classes in high school, could pass the driver test, Struckout with girls because I was too hyper. Good at sports didn't play well at the best level. I was on Wellbritrin SR. Passed classes with C's and 1B, occasionally got a date to prom. Got sports scholarships throught T&F, BBAll got a driver liscense.Things were missing got 16 on ACT, still little to hyper and struck out with college girls, passed 1st semester with 3C, 1A, couldn't remember street name. Doctor put me on Vyvanse 50 mg 3.0 GPA, got three dates, remember streets signs. Thank you GOD it is a blessings out of this world.

72 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 30, 2014 3:42 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For ADHD: Was placed on Vyvanse after extreme weight loss on Adderall. Started at 20mg, upped to 40mg, then upped to 40mg 2x a day. I got my appetite back, but the medication really did nothing else for me. I went into rages and had huge anger problems for no reason. Anything could set me off! I could barely sleep or focus at work/school. Basically, I gained back the weight I had lost, but everything else sucked. I couldn't make it more than 6 months, my doctor switched me to Adderall XR.

June 18, 2014 2:10 PM

Review by Changed my life (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For ADHD: I have been on ADD meds off and on for about 10 years. I'm 33 and before Vyvance I had tried Concerta and Adderrall. While the other two were ok, they did not benefit me nearly as much as Vyvance. In one semester I went from making a 50 on a College Algebra test to making a 100% on the comprehensive final. My professor said he had never seen anything like it, someone going from a 50 to 100. For the first time in my life I remembered to pay bills on time, I don't forget about the clothes in the washer for days, or forget to turn off the stove. I feel so much more accomplished!!

114 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 13, 2014 3:00 PM