User Reviews for Vyvanse

Learn more about Vyvanse.

Binge Eating Disorder 21 reviews 1 medications

ADHD 456 reviews 36 medications

Summary of Vyvanse reviews 477 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Vyvanse

For Binge Eating Disorder "At first, this drug is a MIRACLE drug. No binging, just all the right types of eating that I got to control. However, I felt the Vyvanse crash (extremely fatigued, angry, hopeless, and "blah") every day once I started moving up in dose (above 20mg) because the binging was starting to come back in phases. After switching to 30mg -60mg every other month, to try to find the right doseage, I finally realized the drug wasn't worth the crash.My psychitarist told me that the crashes were so intense due to the fact that I did not have ADHD so the chemical imbalance is what caused the crash.However, if you are on this drug and do feel the crashes, I've tried a lot of things to help combat it, the one that works the best is to drink water. 1L a day"

hannahmo00 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 18, 2016

For ADHD "My 10 yr old daughter was put on low dose (20mg) of Vyvanse for ADHD. Her ADHD was severely affecting her school work. Positive: immediately teachers and I noticed she could focus, sit more still, and initiate her own homework, etc... But it's the NEGATIVE side affects that seriously concerned me. She went from a cheerful, joyous girl, to a melancholy zombie. Even worse, she became more and more depressed & irritable at night. She said she felt like she lost all personality and had a sadness that she didn't understand why. I can not emphasize enough how scary it was to see her whole personality change, and that was not worth any benefits.she got out of Vyvanse. Other side effects: loss of appetite, joint/muscle pain, mouth twitch."

Mom of ADHD (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2016

For ADHD "Vyvanse is not like any other ADHD med out there. It is better! a lot better! I does not matter how much Vyvanse you take, your body will not let the amphetamine level go any higher than it can process it. This gives you control. Vyvanse is a spark, it lets you chose what to focus on, rather than make you hyper and euphoric like other ADHD meds do. Why it does not work for some people? Because most people fail to use ADHD meds accordingly! No med is a "magic bullet." For those of us who actually have ADHD and have tried absolutely everything (healthy diet, good night sleep, exercise, multivitamins etc.), Vyvanse is the "missing piece to the puzzle!"

A Spark Not a Fire (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 8, 2016

For Binge Eating Disorder "Day one. This is the first day in the past two years that I haven't over-eaten. I had gastric bypass and lost lots of weight. I thought i was fine. Then I was attacked by a co-worker. It set off massive depression and PTSD. I moved from Hawaii to PA-and I cant eat that much, but slidder food-chips, bread, eggs, diet soda and coffee with cream. I don;t like sweets. But, I eat crap. This is the first day without Chips/mcdonalds/fries....I have no heart racing, No problem with anxiety, no jitters. I was able to chose a nice low cal dinner, and no CHIPS...they are my weakness. I am so happy to stop the binge."

Jeepgurl (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2016

For ADHD "I was told by psychologist I scored highest she has ever seen for adhd and doctor put me on 30mg and it does nothing. I don't want an increased dose of this med i want something else. Waste of my time."

Skellysgirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2016

For ADHD "I can finally focus"

Buttr April 22, 2016

For ADHD "My Daughter has been taking Vyvanse for about 4 years now she is 14 and taking the 50 mg, She usually takes it on school days, So last summer she wasn't taking it and she started her period but as soon as September came she went back on the 50mg her period never came back. Has anyone experienced this? the doctor said it had nothing to do with the medication but I have a feeling it does."

Kristin4904 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 18, 2016

For ADHD "this drug not only gave me a low key eating disorder but it made me have terrible, TERRIBLE mood swings all the time. it would make me cry and be irrationally angry at everyone at the same time. on top of that I would bearly be able to eat because the pill is also used as a way to treat binge eating. it also made me feel like I was having a heart attack at times and my heart would feel like it was going to stop beating. the only positive is that yes it did improve my focus and motivation immensly."

Anonymous April 15, 2016

For ADHD "If you have a pacemaker , DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG. I asked my psychiatrist if it would be ok to take this drug with a pacemaker, he was wrong ! It put my pacemaker into rev me up mode. My cardiologist was not happy."

PapaHemi April 8, 2016

For ADHD "I have used many ADHD medicines in the past and I never knew what attention I was lacking without vyvanse. The first week of taking 30mg is very different from the following weeks. In the first week I felt very conscious of the effects and it felt great but the following weeks felt like I was lacking. I am 18 years old so I had an upcoming SAT so I took 2 of my 30mg pills. I am 150lbs and In retrospect it was a bad idea. The whole day of the SAT I felt explosive energy and extremely motivated to work on questions. I am now on the first day of prescribed 60mg and I have a much greater work motive and I am constantly fueled with new productive ideas for tasks to complete. If you feel like you are lacking in motivation for work I recommend it"

Alex Anon (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 4, 2016

For ADHD "I have taking 20 mg and must say that it's the best medicine for me. I can concentrate, feeling peace in my mind. I'm also bipolar and before elvanse I tried medicine concerta and ritalin which made me more depressed and when they was going away from body I felt like awful. Elvanse is just a miracle medicine, I don't feel when it goes away. The only side effect of medicine is : dry mouth, not feeling hungry. Don't forget to eat and drink water because if you don't do it your bloodsugar will go down and you gonna feel ill,bad,headache !! I recomend this medicine !"

Skinnypatrini (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 4, 2016

For ADHD "My 14 year old daughter had been taking Vyvanse since 2010 - her current dosage is 50mg. In the first couple years I believe this medication was a good fit for my daughter; however, It is my opinion she needs a change. Also thanks to Obmacare effective 1/1/16 we are paying a copayment of $197 (from $40). Unbelievable for Vyvanse to NOT RELEASE A GENERIC until 2023!"

Liz 6969 (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 22, 2016

For ADHD "This is a miracle pill. It has helped with everything And I don't have am appetite hardly at all now. But after 3 weeks of being on 50 mg it stopped working until around 3 in the afternoon and I feel very tired. Doctor is supposed to hopefully up my dosage. But it really is the best and gives me a happy good energetic mood. Better then Adderall."

scarlettmple (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2016

For ADHD "After years of trying both stimulants & non-stimulants for my ADHD, Vyvanse has been a game changer. Its helped me to actually start LIVING life! Previously, I had the best results while on Adderrall, however the mid-afternoon "crash" left me irritable, moody, & feeling like my ADHD was, in a sense, magnified.Thank goodness Shire (developers of Adderrall) sat out to fix the negative side effects (or at least attempt to), but keep the positives. For me, the dry mouth is way more intense than with other stimulants. I have also noticed a drastic decline in sex drive. I would not be able to afford Vyvanse (I don't have insurance) if it were not for the Shire Cares patient assist program."

lamiley83 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 19, 2016

For ADHD "I have been taking Vyvanse for a couple of months now for my ADHD and BED, 40 mg seems to work fine with minimal side effects. My doctor recommended that I only take it on work days and give my system a break on weekends. However, I noticed that my binge eating has gotten way out of control on days that I don't take it, to make up for the loss of appetite during the week I guess. I mean, I eat constantly! Is anyone else having this problem?"

Cait74 March 13, 2016

For Binge Eating Disorder "When I started on Vyvance at the lower dosage, the binges stopped for a few days, but then started again. When I was increased to 70mg, the binges stopped for a week, and then came back. After being at 70 mg for two months, it does nothing to stop the binges. It does, however, increase my alertness and improve my social interactions, and for that reason I rate it a few stars."

Alvin635 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 12, 2016

For ADHD "I have been on Vyvanse 30 mg for a year now and have had success taking it. I can work full time, have time management, take great care of my kids and keep my house clean. I sleep just fine at night. I do get irritable throughout the day if I don't eat. I feel nauseous and sick if I don't snack and stay hydrated. Hate to say it but it also worsens my anxiety slightly in the morning. Pros have outweighed the cons. As for weight loss I lost 7 pounds when I started taking it but have stayed at 130 pounds same weight for a year I am 5'5 and 28 years old. I feel healthy."

Nicolexo (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 10, 2016

For ADHD "Vyvanse is a wonderfully great med. For about the first month you take it. I'm on 70 mg and have been for a little over a year. It worked just as I wanted it to but the started to wear off and now I only feel the affect for about 3 hours then I get angry really fast. Also if I forget to take my morning doseage I just feel like I'm dying all day so I rate it 7/10"

Personsss March 8, 2016

For ADHD "I have only been on this medicine for about two weeks at 20mg but it has completely changed me! It's awesome! I suffer from Depression, Anxiety, and ADD and was prescribed Lexapro to help with me depression and anxiety, it bumped up my mood a little but I still had depression and anxiety symptoms. The first day I took Vyvanse it kicked in after an hour and automatically I was more awake, happy, confident, talkative, and focused! It helped me so much with college when before I was failing almost all my classes I am in such a better mood now LIFE IS GREAT! The only down side so far is it makes me really hungry at times and I have trouble falling asleep and staying asleep through out the night but it's worth it!!"

LexieBC (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2016

For ADHD "Vyvanse has changed my life. I went from being a failing student to having grades above 90% in only a few weeks. These past 3 1/2 weeks have been the most productive weeks of my life. However, this med does come with a down side. Some side effects I experienced have been loss of appetite, dry mouth, trouble staying asleep, as well as some minor OCD. The OCD is really the only side effect that has been bothering me, when I have paper in front of me and I'm writing, I will constantly keep erasing what I wrote and writing it back down until it looks perfect which I've never done before in my life. As for social anxiety, I actually feel more confident going outside, my brain feels slowed down when working, and I don't zone out any more. 9.5/10"

Jack390 (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2016

For Binge Eating Disorder "I have struggled with BED for years. I have been in therapy and tried many different coping mechanisms. I even tried joining Overeaters Anonymous. Nothing worked. I started to see a psychiatrist who tried me on an antidepressant. While I must admit I did have a general sense of feeling better I was still binging. I have been on Vyvanase 30mg for about 6 weeks now. I have not binged in those 6 weeks! At first I did experience headaches, nothing a Tylenol couldn't take care of. The headaches disappeared after a week. I still feel the urge to binge at times but the Vyvanse along with the coping skills puts me back in control. Thanks to this medication I am in control of my binges and my health."

Melodyg123 March 2, 2016

For ADHD "This medication saved my life! Better than any anti-depressant I've ever tried (and I've tried A LOT). Currently on it to help with my ADHD and Manic Depression (Bipolar 2) Side effects are small and definitely worth it (to me, at least). Dry mouth and decrease in appetite. I've also lost 40 pounds since I've been on it (Went from 182 pounds to *currently* 142 pounds)"

marbelt (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 2, 2016

For Binge Eating Disorder "I was put on Vyvanse after my doctor diagnosed me with binge-eating disorder. Before this drug I struggled for 6 years battling this eating disorder and gaining pounds along the way. Almost 2 years later and with the help of this medication I have lost over 100pounds. I feel great, this medication should be watched and used properly. My doctor was great about letting me know that it could make me stop eating all together."

Softballplayer48 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 24, 2016

For Binge Eating Disorder "This medication has honestly changed my life. I am now at 10 days binge free (it took me a while to find the right dose) and I am feeling so much better! I started on the dose of 30mg but I found that it was wearing off in the early evening and I had a few binge episodes. I am a college student so I couldn't get into my family doctor to adjust the dosage until I went hope for reading week. When I followed up with her she started me on an afternoon 10mg dose and ever since I started taking it I have not binged. I feel so much better about myself without binging and without consuming way too much food I have so much energy to go to the gym. I would recommend giving this a try if you have the opportunity to do so :)"

Bennett19 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 22, 2016

For ADHD "Wonderful drug. I have been on it for over six months and it has remained consistent. I used to be on Concerta, which was ok, but I felt as if it lost its potency. Vyvanse allows me to focus and maintain concentration. It also gives me a boost of energy. At times when I have missed a dose and left the house for the day I have felt tired and disinterested in the activities I was involved in. I have no side effects from it but I rarely have side effects to any drug. I have read that you are not supposed to have vitamin C while on it because it can interfere with the drug's ability to metabolize in one's system. I avoid vitamin C during the day and take some at night. Take it around 8 or 9 so you can sleep at night."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 21, 2016