User Reviews for Vyvanse

Learn more about Vyvanse.

Vyvanse Review Summary

8.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 29 medications used in the treatment of ADHD.

Reviews for Vyvanse to treat ADHD

"After two hours of taking this at 60 mg, I feel NOTHING! I have never been on any other ADHD meds except this one. I've only been prescribed this medication two months ago and doc told me to take it once a day, everyday. I never abused it and never will. I am an avid runner and I run 3 to 5 miles everyday ever since I was 16, now I am 30 years old. I am also a serious health conscious person. I know that this drug is to be metabolized in your liver before becoming active but I feel like this medication goes through me too fast, like drinking water! I get more benefits for my cognition problems with Brintellix! This might be one of those cases where I might be better on Adderral. I never experienced a crash on this drug."

weak. (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 27, 2015

"5th month on Vyvanse 30 mg which is on the lower dose end. This med has an awful crash. I exercise 4-6x a week. I eat very healthy. I stay busy. I read so many reviews about the same issue. I did reading about the "minimal" crash felt on this med and it is so scary how pharmaceutical companies try to set the med apart. For me it lasts 6 hrs and irritability increases. I think it's in-part tolerance. Mid afternoon, I get severely irritable, anxious, moody, sleepy, and agitated. It is so uncomfortable, I'm supposed to "up" my dose now...to see it last longer and my "crash" will start later"? "

Sensei205565 July 26, 2015

"I have been talking Vyvanse for just a week. 40mg. The first 3 days I couldn't sit down. I cleaned my house and my parents. Not just cleaned but extra clean, like walls and moving furniture and everything. But now it has faded a little. I noticed right away that when I am doing stuff, its like I really concentrate and try perfection for everything. My appetite has been curved, but I still eat. But no where like I did before. So far I lost 4pds. It's been almost a week. I don't get any feeling of jitters, or that I'm taking speed. I feel normal, I just want to do stuff. I'm more social. I always stayed in my home, but now I just want to go out. It's very nice feeling. I have no problems sleeping either, but I also take it as soon as I wake up"

77H July 26, 2015

"I am a student who has used Vyvanse for the last few years. I am currently taking 40mg-50mg. When I first tried it, a couple side effects were annoying but it didnt last that long. When I was in High School, most of the day I felt like doing my work and getting stuff done, and it made me see the positive in things. And in college when I take it, especially on my days off, I get a lot of work done. I am not a very talkative person, but it made me feel like having nice conversations with people. In mid day, I am in a great mood, but sometimes it goes away every now and then. I dont feel like eating almost all day, but Its smart to eat breakfast before hand, and then dinner. I do have a small crash at the end of the day but it's worth it."

Nate M. July 23, 2015

"I have been taking this medicine since i was in the 6th grade! I am now 22 years old. This medicine made me feel like i could actually sit in class with out falling asleep or not being able to concentrate. It's a great feeling to actually get everything done. Yes it does cause dry mouth and you may not eat like you used to. However you have to make yourself eat something other wise you can cause your blood sugar to drop witch would cause headach and nausea. With time you do get used to the medicine and you will get your appitite back. I'm on 50mg. On days i dont take it im like a walking zombie i dont feel like doing anything i cant concentrate and i will most likely eat all day long. I'm more activie when i do take it! I love it !"

Anonymous July 21, 2015

"I'm writing a review to hopefully help others who haven't taken Vyvanse yet and want some information on what to expect. I felt REALLY uneasy and nervous prior to taking my first Vyvanse dose and it was honestly not worth the worry. I started at 40mg to help with my ADHD. I read lots of reviews how it makes you feel high and super active. I felt a little bit of a buzz but not high. It was just a pleasant feeling of happiness. I'm sure it's different for everyone, but mine wasn't extreme. I also felt like I had more energy, but not enough to obsessively clean my house like others that left reviews. Definitely take it early. It will keep you up otherwise. Only complaint so far!"

JennaBug (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2015

"Love this medicine! Tried all the others, Vyvanse definitely works the best. I stay on task, focused, more organized and been moving up in my field. 29 yr old female, 30mg dose. The only negative is if I don't take it for a day or 2 on the weekends then start again is at first it makes me real jittery and makes me go to the bathroom until my bowels are essentially cleaned out, but that's really not a bad thing. Also I love the way it curbs my appetite and keeps me around 115 lbs without even trying(I'm 5'3"). A very pleasant side effect!! I was on 70 mg a couple years ago but I was getting a little too skinny(stable around 106-108 lbs), so decreased the dosage."

HQ (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 20, 2015

"I am an older adult who started taking vyanese about three months ago. I had been feeling tired and had a hard time focusing on work. At night I would come home and did not feel like talking with my family. I didn't like interacting with people at work. This had been going on and developing for quite some time. (Over the course of about 10 years) i talked to my regular doctor and nothing, psychologists were worthless. After seeing a psychiatrist he prescribed me 30 mg of vyanese to take in the morning. What a difference this drug has made for me, able to focus, function better socially and just feel better. I'm 62."

Abletofunctionmuch better July 16, 2015

"56 yrs old. Tried Ritilin 15 years ago but stopped halway thru my first prescription because there was an edginess for me. I've experienced too many jobs and excuses since then so i've just started on Vyvance. Its just four days but my mind is focussed, not hyper just comfortably clear. I'm very happy to be so productive. Eating well, sleeping well. I will add an update in a month."

Neilistic July 6, 2015

"Been diagnosed with severe adhd as a child on all the generic medications ritalin aderall aderall xr. Decided to run my life without it and did well for a while til i became 25. As you get older adhd changes and involves more depression emotion and anger while still keeping your energy level and craziness. Vyvanse was prescribbed at a low dose and it is CLEARLY night and day on it.. Emotions are manageable and mind is clear.. One thought at a time. The lights in our mind do go out a tad. Its not so exciting in your own head anymore but you do gain a sense of control that is with ADHD dont even know exists. Some dry mouth and it will keep you up at night if you take it too late. But thats to be expected from amphetamines. Some loss of appeti"

Drjewb June 24, 2015

"Im 17 and a junior in high school he medicine gets the work done for me im so focused and makes me mkte focused but there is some things I don't like it makes my mouth super dry and makes me lose my appetite kinda sucks cause i wanna eat at lunch butcant cause it makes me wanna throw up and I've also lost weight because of the meds i think the pill is good they just need to fix the side effect"

Fvck wolf June 17, 2015

"I am 28 years old. I'm a cook in an extremely fast paced, high profile kitchen needless to say celebritys love to have their weddings there. When I take my Vyvanse I can cook at a 100% capacity for the whole 8 hrs. Laser focused, good mood, feel I can do another 300 covers after we're done, don't need any help in the line. It's just wow. If you work in a place where you're under high pressure and quality is demanded this is your drug. I've always had ADD since I was small. My mother was too negligent to do anything about it I was a failure in high school and it really sucked. I would read things and be like " what?" Lol I was bad now I take 60mg I take one around 1pm to help me through my work."

cook 1 May 14, 2015

"I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS DRUG! I like many of you really from what I have read had a great experience AT FIRST. I am 26 years old and do sales for a living. I was on cloud nine towards the beginning trail of this prescription. I was able to concentrate more than I had in months and was more motivated to go out and look for new leads for my company. I found that I would get dizzy or a tab nauseous but I found that staying hydrated and always having a water bottle with me helped out. I developed a problem where I would know what I wanted to say but when I went to speak it didn't come out right and literally made me sound like I was high or drunk. VERY SCARY!"

Sammyyyyy May 11, 2015

"First started off on 30 mg for ADHD and OCD. I have noticed a complete 180 in just two and a half weeks and not just with concentration but my mood of frustration and confusion. In beginning it did make me tired but that has gone and I've actually had have dose increase to 60 mg. Overall, great medication for me."

ADHD free (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2015

"Worked great the first couple of days - concentrated, laser focus and able to work hard. A few days in, I felt like I was on speed - couldn't concentrate, thoughts racing, difficulty completing tasks. I couldn't stay on it, I was so anxious."

millionairemind (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2015

"I had my college finals coming up and I couldn't get myself to concentrate so I got my doctor to prescribe it for me. I was able to concentrate but the thing is, I have a lot of anxiety, and by taking these pills, it just makes everything much worse. I got really anxious and upset at the end of each exam, even if I knew I did well. I never had this type of behaviour before taking the pills."

JustineC May 1, 2015

"Not a good experience here. My 10 year old son was put on it. He started hallucinating, hearing voices, he was terrified. Uncontrollable crying. He couldn't be in a room alone. He was going into panic attacks because he was so scared. He didn't know why he was scared or why he couldn't stop crying."

chris302 April 24, 2015

"Before Vyvance I had tried many other medications. It helped me quickly, I realized that I actually liked school and learning. Within weeks I went from failing to honors. But now that I'm older I realize that it alters my personality and my mood alot. And I find that when I dont have it I tend to feel like I am incapable of completing simple task."

PanixPanix (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 2, 2015

"At first I was a bit skeptical. This is my first time using any pill for ADHD. It took at least 2 hours to kick in, but when it did, I worked on 3 assignments non stop for 8 hours and my brain is still clicking. This really helped me!"

ZeroAttentionSpan (taken for less than 1 month) March 26, 2015

"26y/o male 5'9 170lb taking vyvanse for 6-7 years. Started with 30mg now on 60mg. I had previously been given everything else for ADHD but nothing stuck long term. Vyvanse has helped, coupled with regular exercise and healthy eating habits. "

elit March 20, 2015

"It works but I am taking low dose because it decreases appetite."

h83p4x (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 13, 2015

"I'm 17 years old and i have been taking vyvanse for 4 years now and i take 70mg. It works so well but the side effects are awful. My back, neck, and wrists hurt and i can't fall asleep and i have killer head aches and i have shortness of breath and i become socially awkward. Like typically im a very sociable person but when i take my meds i don't talk."

laurens20 March 3, 2015

"I'm on Vyvanse for ADD and social phobia. I also take 1 milligram of clonazepam, which helps with the anxiety stimulants may cause. In my experience, you'll crash and feel extremely anxious, depressed, and moody when taking anything less than 60 milligrams."

hockeyisthesport March 3, 2015

"I'm 19 years old and started taking 50mg Vyvanse today, being diagnosed with ADD. So far today, i haven't any problems focusing and actually WANT to get my work done. It did take around 2 hours to start working, but there were no jitters. I never thought ADHD or ADD was a problem of mine, but it does run in my family."

annohr (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2015

"I'm 42, highly successfully in my career and family life but always thought I had ADD or ADHD . I got decent grades in high school and college but always felt like it was a struggle and I would have to beat myself up for hours with guilt and fear of failure to produce even passing results. After 20 years, I've decided to actually do something about it. I tried both Adderall and Vyvanse and Vyvanse is superior because it's less harsh. I've benefited from it but it does make me anxious.. I take Ativan to help with that.. I'm also on Brintellix. I hate being on tons of meds but if I can increase my quality of life and be a better person it's worth it. "

Gmony February 22, 2015