User Reviews for Vyvanse

Learn more about Vyvanse.

Vyvanse review summary

8.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 56 medications used in the treatment of ADHD.

Reviews for Vyvanse to treat ADHD

Review by travvy (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I failed 2 classes in high school, could pass the driver test, Struckout with girls because I was too hyper. Good at sports didn't play well at the best level. I was on Wellbritrin SR. Passed classes with C's and 1B, occasionally got a date to prom. Got sports scholarships throught T&F, BBAll got a driver liscense.Things were missing got 16 on ACT, still little to hyper and struck out with college girls, passed 1st semester with 3C, 1A, couldn't remember street name. Doctor put me on Vyvanse 50 mg 3.0 GPA, got three dates, remember streets signs. Thank you GOD it is a blessings out of this world.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 30, 2014 3:42 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Was placed on Vyvanse after extreme weight loss on Adderall. Started at 20mg, upped to 40mg, then upped to 40mg 2x a day. I got my appetite back, but the medication really did nothing else for me. I went into rages and had huge anger problems for no reason. Anything could set me off! I could barely sleep or focus at work/school. Basically, I gained back the weight I had lost, but everything else sucked. I couldn't make it more than 6 months, my doctor switched me to Adderall XR.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 18, 2014 2:10 PM

Review by Changed my life (taken for 2 to 5 years):

I have been on ADD meds off and on for about 10 years. I'm 33 and before Vyvance I had tried Concerta and Adderrall. While the other two were ok, they did not benefit me nearly as much as Vyvance. In one semester I went from making a 50 on a College Algebra test to making a 100% on the comprehensive final. My professor said he had never seen anything like it, someone going from a 50 to 100. For the first time in my life I remembered to pay bills on time, I don't forget about the clothes in the washer for days, or forget to turn off the stove. I feel so much more accomplished!!

June 13, 2014 3:00 PM

Review by Teacher and Student (taken for less than 1 month):

My life has changed. I lived in the prison of my own mind which shackled me and withered my optimism like a flower deprived of water. But now I'm free. For the first time I know what it is like to want to do things and feel accomplished when they are done!

June 9, 2014 1:44 PM

Review by Nesto Rdz (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I am a male and 42 yrs old. I am an ASM in retail and a husband and father of four kids. The doctor prescribed 30 mgs the first two months and upped the meds to 40 mgs. I have only been on them for 5 months. I have seen and felt a huge change in my life style. I am more focused at home and especially at work. I am Mr. Mom and won't stop cleaning at home. I even cut and edge my neighbor's front yard. I lost 10 lbs and now weigh 197. I do feel myself get upset faster though. Because I feel that, I also stop and calm myself down. So far I have no complaints....yet.

June 8, 2014 12:12 AM

Review by ranran127:

I am 13 years old I've been on Vyvanse for about 7 years. It really helps me focus and concentrate on things that are important, it also helps me know when and when not to do things like talk when some one else is talking.

June 4, 2014 2:19 PM

Review by BColumbus (taken for less than 1 month):

I was prescribed Vyvanse to combat daily fatigue caused by autonomic dysfunction. It treats those symptoms very well, but prolonged use has a large impact on my mood and personality. By the 2nd week, I was feeling very sad all day every day. A strange side effect that I encountered was that it made my armpits quite literally drip with sweat. The only other bothersome side effect is that it initially kept me up until 5/6 am, but that was remedied with 0.1mg Clonidine before I went to bed. I'm sure this medicine works very well for those with ADD and ADHD, as that is what it is designed for. If you are looking for a solution to chronic fatigue caused by autonomic dysfunction, you may want to consider other options.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 31, 2014 7:32 AM

Awesome care for my child

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 24, 2014 11:14 AM

Review by pmpmanager (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I am 60 years old and a career woman who has always struggled with completing tasks despite working long hours. Had recently succombed to depression and loss of self esteem because I was feeling I was no longer capable of performing my job because of age. Suffered this feeling most of my life, been in therapy and was usually prescribed antidepressants or SSRI inhibitors to treat my symptoms but never cause of my symptoms. I did not even know adults could suffer from ADD. FINALLY a therapist took the time to treat the cause of my lifelong struggle instead of merely sedating me. MY LIFE HAS CHANGED!! MY JOB PERFORMANCE AND PERSONAL LIFE HAS IMPROVED. I ACTUALLY ACCOMPLISH THINGS. Why so late in life?

May 23, 2014 11:00 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Vyvanse 60mg ( 19 years old, 138 lbs ) Suffered of ADD since I was 7 years old. Never consulted before, I am now 19 years old. I just got my first prescription, I always had issue with my grades and I always had to work 5 times more than every other student for the same grade. Today after my first pill I just realized that in a normal condition my brain was only working at only 20% of its full capacity when studying, reading, driving or even in sexual relation (I had erectile dysfunction) and today with the pill I just felt invincible and in a super good mood (not understanding what you're studying or simply reading is just depressing). The pill made effect after 1 hour and it last approximately 10-12 hours. I really recommend Vyvanse.

May 22, 2014 1:14 AM

Review by Pmd D:

Consistent control of symptoms all day.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 19, 2014 10:04 AM

Review by Bobster46 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Very smooth stimulant. Effective for a little over 8 hours in my experience, not the 12 or 13 hours the manufacturer claims. I take 40mg and have for over a month and have no need to up the dose. I gave it 9/10 instead of 10/10 because it takes 2 to 3 hours to start working. But there is no crash and is incredibly smooth compared to IR Adderall, Focalin or Ritalin. I also have an prescription for 10mg IR Adderall to take at 5pm so after work I can study or work out or just be productive because by 5pm the Vyvanse has totally worn off.

May 5, 2014 6:49 PM

Review by Atlas01:

I have been taking 30mg of Vyvanse for one week now. It works great. The first day I could really feel the amphetamine and found it too strong and unpleasant but on day 2 I did not feel bad from it. It lasts long, probably 12-14 hours and is very smooth. The crash is relatively mild. Previously I have been on dexamphetamine IR 3x10mg/day for one month which worked really well, but I wanted something that is sustained released. Before that I was on Ritalin IR and LA for over 15 years. The Methylphenidate just did not work as well as it used to and I found the side effects more and more unpleasant. I can really recommend Vyvanse so far. I am really calm from it and can focus very well on tasks. It also has less cardiac side effects than others.

April 28, 2014 5:20 AM

Review by Stacy1261:

It's good during the day for my attention but I have to force myself to eat, I've had bad headaches..probably from not eating enough. Also as the evening progresses I notice I start feeling moody and depressed. I sometimes cry over the most silliest things. I also notice my appetite comes back later in the night as well. Which could turn into a bad thing with weight gain. Normally can't fall asleep till around 2-3am every night. I know there seems to be more cons than pros but overall I rate Vyvanse a 7 due to the fact my mind isn't all over the place, when someone is talking to me I'm actually listening. I seem to be in a better mood during the day..night time is my downfall!

April 26, 2014 1:52 AM

My 8yr old daughter has been on Vyvanse for almost 2yrs. She started on 20mg a day, she seemed to be doing better as far as focusing, but very emotional. Her doctor decided to up her dose to 30mg and now 40mg. The 40mg also seemed to help at school her grades went up and she was able to pay attention. I'm now noticing that my little girl is not the same person, she's has become rude, depressed, emotional, getting in trouble, suicidal and just out of control. Parents really should keep a journal of changing side effects they notice. Needless to say my daughter is no longer taking this medication and not yet found one to replace it.

April 23, 2014 12:36 AM

Review by ajv14 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I wouldn't typically give any drug such a high rating, but Vyvanse has truly changed my life with few if any side effects. I take 20 mg once a day, and it lasts 12 to 14 hours. It took about 2 weeks of trial and error to find the dosage, but it was very worthwhile. I am happier, less anxious, and significantly more organized than I have ever been. I am a student and many areas of my life--academics, social functioning, general health, etc.--have all improved greatly. The inattentive fog has cleared, and I finally feel able to create the life I want to be living. Better control over my life has also given me back self-esteem and stabilized my moods. I am so grateful.

April 16, 2014 5:10 PM

Review by The other guy (taken for 2 to 5 years):

12 hours, 140 mg.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 27, 2014 10:14 PM

Review by Non Traditional College Student:

I have always done well in school, but my time management, organizational skills, motivation, and overall thought/idea clarity have lacked. I went back to college at 29 to finish 2 year degree, and decided to finish 4 year while I am at it. I was diagnosed with ADHD this past fall, and put on Adderall IR then XR, then back to IR because it just didn't work that well, and quite frankly it made me too anxious at times. Dr. at school just put me on 30 mg of Vyvanse as an alternative to Adderall, and it works very well. I worry about drug interactions but it works great and I'm incredibly focused on my everyday tasks with this medication.

March 19, 2014 1:04 PM

Review by pops15:

I have been on Vyvanse for almost 2 years and have had no major symptoms. I had dry mouth, but that pretty much subsided. I did lose about 30lbs, but I'm 5'9" and was weighing about 240lbs, so it wasn't as bad thing. I have ADHD, I started this medicine when I was almost 40. I'm almost 42 and really have had a great experience. My son is on it for ADD, and my daughter for ADHD. She was just tested and accepted into the gifted program and he is 2 years younger and has had significant improvements to his grades and behavior. I would recommend.

March 10, 2014 10:06 PM

Review by b5555 (taken for less than 1 month):

This medicine made my anxiety worse. While I was very focused, I had a bad month while I was using this.

February 28, 2014 10:28 AM

Review by Think twice (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I really want parents to take a good look at what they may be about to give their children before they do so. If dopamine deficient; Vyvanse will initially appear to be amazing. Until a "tolerance" is built up when it will leave a person feeling as low/moody and agitated as they ever have. Recent studies indicate that mood disorders may mask themselves as ADD/ADHD. If you or your child is experiencing any of the major or severe emotional side effects of this or other stimulants; please consider that it could be mood disorders brought on by a dopamine deficiency. This is what happened to me and because I was aware of the symptoms of dependency and mood disorder, I recognized it immediately.

February 24, 2014 11:48 PM

Review by Mamma Di (taken for 2 to 5 years):

My daughter is taking Vyvance and she is seeing people following her, she thinks her phone is being tapped and she believes there are people monitoring her entire behavior. This is a really freaky side effect! She has a predisposition for Mental disease.

February 6, 2014 11:55 PM

Review by Snoro (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I used to sleep for like 12 to 24 hours straight very often for 2 years. I would sometimes fall asleep at work at dinner time. That caused me to be inattentive, distracted and sometimes more rarely sugar high hyperactivity sort of speaking. Now ever since then my problem is solved I can get up early and perform my task like normally so it works very well for both narcolepsy and ADD/ADHD. It could even work for depressed subjects. It should be obvious enough that you're all set to go whether its to go to school and working at same time or full time job.

February 5, 2014 9:44 AM

Review by 24yroldmale:

Was on Concerta 18mg for 3 years worked great. Stopped taking it, felt like I didn't need it anymore and I didn't want to pay for it then. Wasn't doing so well professionally or at home not getting chores done feeling real lazy etc. so I went back on the Concerta couldn't feel it this time bumped up to 36mg still most days didn't feel a difference tried Vyvanse definitely can feel motivation only doesn't seem to last as long as Concerta used to for me but I feel happy on Vyvanse, just wished it lasted longer also as a lot of people say less anxiety. I can say I don't have an anxiety problem on Concerta or on Vyvanse but Vyvanse feels like it has anti-anxiety medicine built into. I feel real comfortable where ever I go.

February 4, 2014 11:19 AM

Review by Chris Helwig (taken for 1 to 2 years):

40mg Vyvanse kept me awake all day, however, from the moment I took the 30mg dose I could stay awake and focused for 12 hours strait and still sleep at night. If I had this medicine in High School my life today would be 100% different. I would have excelled in academics and done much better sports.

January 30, 2014 2:27 PM