User Reviews for Vyvanse

Learn more about Vyvanse.

Vyvanse Rating Summary

8.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 52 medications used in the treatment of ADHD.

Reviews for Vyvanse to treat ADHD

"I was told by psychologist I scored highest she has ever seen for adhd and doctor put me on 30mg and it does nothing. I don't want an increased dose of this med i want something else. Waste of my time."

Skellysgirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2016

"I can finally focus"

Buttr April 22, 2016

"My Daughter has been taking Vyvanse for about 4 years now she is 14 and taking the 50 mg, She usually takes it on school days, So last summer she wasn't taking it and she started her period but as soon as September came she went back on the 50mg her period never came back. Has anyone experienced this? the doctor said it had nothing to do with the medication but I have a feeling it does."

Kristin4904 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 18, 2016

"this drug not only gave me a low key eating disorder but it made me have terrible, TERRIBLE mood swings all the time. it would make me cry and be irrationally angry at everyone at the same time. on top of that I would bearly be able to eat because the pill is also used as a way to treat binge eating. it also made me feel like I was having a heart attack at times and my heart would feel like it was going to stop beating. the only positive is that yes it did improve my focus and motivation immensly."

Anonymous April 15, 2016

"If you have a pacemaker , DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG. I asked my psychiatrist if it would be ok to take this drug with a pacemaker, he was wrong ! It put my pacemaker into rev me up mode. My cardiologist was not happy."

PapaHemi April 8, 2016

"I have used many ADHD medicines in the past and I never knew what attention I was lacking without vyvanse. The first week of taking 30mg is very different from the following weeks. In the first week I felt very conscious of the effects and it felt great but the following weeks felt like I was lacking. I am 18 years old so I had an upcoming SAT so I took 2 of my 30mg pills. I am 150lbs and In retrospect it was a bad idea. The whole day of the SAT I felt explosive energy and extremely motivated to work on questions. I am now on the first day of prescribed 60mg and I have a much greater work motive and I am constantly fueled with new productive ideas for tasks to complete. If you feel like you are lacking in motivation for work I recommend it"

Alex Anon (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 4, 2016

"I have taking 20 mg and must say that it's the best medicine for me. I can concentrate, feeling peace in my mind. I'm also bipolar and before elvanse I tried medicine concerta and ritalin which made me more depressed and when they was going away from body I felt like awful. Elvanse is just a miracle medicine, I don't feel when it goes away. The only side effect of medicine is : dry mouth, not feeling hungry. Don't forget to eat and drink water because if you don't do it your bloodsugar will go down and you gonna feel ill,bad,headache !! I recomend this medicine !"

Skinnypatrini (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 4, 2016

"My 14 year old daughter had been taking Vyvanse since 2010 - her current dosage is 50mg. In the first couple years I believe this medication was a good fit for my daughter; however, It is my opinion she needs a change. Also thanks to Obmacare effective 1/1/16 we are paying a copayment of $197 (from $40). Unbelievable for Vyvanse to NOT RELEASE A GENERIC until 2023!"

Liz 6969 (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 22, 2016

"This is a miracle pill. It has helped with everything And I don't have am appetite hardly at all now. But after 3 weeks of being on 50 mg it stopped working until around 3 in the afternoon and I feel very tired. Doctor is supposed to hopefully up my dosage. But it really is the best and gives me a happy good energetic mood. Better then Adderall."

scarlettmple (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2016

"After years of trying both stimulants & non-stimulants for my ADHD, Vyvanse has been a game changer. Its helped me to actually start LIVING life! Previously, I had the best results while on Adderrall, however the mid-afternoon "crash" left me irritable, moody, & feeling like my ADHD was, in a sense, magnified.Thank goodness Shire (developers of Adderrall) sat out to fix the negative side effects (or at least attempt to), but keep the positives. For me, the dry mouth is way more intense than with other stimulants. I have also noticed a drastic decline in sex drive. I would not be able to afford Vyvanse (I don't have insurance) if it were not for the Shire Cares patient assist program."

lamiley83 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 19, 2016

"I have been taking Vyvanse for a couple of months now for my ADHD and BED, 40 mg seems to work fine with minimal side effects. My doctor recommended that I only take it on work days and give my system a break on weekends. However, I noticed that my binge eating has gotten way out of control on days that I don't take it, to make up for the loss of appetite during the week I guess. I mean, I eat constantly! Is anyone else having this problem?"

Cait74 March 13, 2016

"I have been on Vyvanse 30 mg for a year now and have had success taking it. I can work full time, have time management, take great care of my kids and keep my house clean. I sleep just fine at night. I do get irritable throughout the day if I don't eat. I feel nauseous and sick if I don't snack and stay hydrated. Hate to say it but it also worsens my anxiety slightly in the morning. Pros have outweighed the cons. As for weight loss I lost 7 pounds when I started taking it but have stayed at 130 pounds same weight for a year I am 5'5 and 28 years old. I feel healthy."

Nicolexo (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 10, 2016

"Vyvanse is a wonderfully great med. For about the first month you take it. I'm on 70 mg and have been for a little over a year. It worked just as I wanted it to but the started to wear off and now I only feel the affect for about 3 hours then I get angry really fast. Also if I forget to take my morning doseage I just feel like I'm dying all day so I rate it 7/10"

Personsss March 8, 2016

"I have only been on this medicine for about two weeks at 20mg but it has completely changed me! It's awesome! I suffer from Depression, Anxiety, and ADD and was prescribed Lexapro to help with me depression and anxiety, it bumped up my mood a little but I still had depression and anxiety symptoms. The first day I took Vyvanse it kicked in after an hour and automatically I was more awake, happy, confident, talkative, and focused! It helped me so much with college when before I was failing almost all my classes I am in such a better mood now LIFE IS GREAT! The only down side so far is it makes me really hungry at times and I have trouble falling asleep and staying asleep through out the night but it's worth it!!"

LexieBC (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2016

"Vyvanse has changed my life. I went from being a failing student to having grades above 90% in only a few weeks. These past 3 1/2 weeks have been the most productive weeks of my life. However, this med does come with a down side. Some side effects I experienced have been loss of appetite, dry mouth, trouble staying asleep, as well as some minor OCD. The OCD is really the only side effect that has been bothering me, when I have paper in front of me and I'm writing, I will constantly keep erasing what I wrote and writing it back down until it looks perfect which I've never done before in my life. As for social anxiety, I actually feel more confident going outside, my brain feels slowed down when working, and I don't zone out any more. 9.5/10"

Jack390 (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2016

"This medication saved my life! Better than any anti-depressant I've ever tried (and I've tried A LOT). Currently on it to help with my ADHD and Manic Depression (Bipolar 2) Side effects are small and definitely worth it (to me, at least). Dry mouth and decrease in appetite. I've also lost 40 pounds since I've been on it (Went from 182 pounds to *currently* 142 pounds)"

marbelt (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 2, 2016

"Wonderful drug. I have been on it for over six months and it has remained consistent. I used to be on Concerta, which was ok, but I felt as if it lost its potency. Vyvanse allows me to focus and maintain concentration. It also gives me a boost of energy. At times when I have missed a dose and left the house for the day I have felt tired and disinterested in the activities I was involved in. I have no side effects from it but I rarely have side effects to any drug. I have read that you are not supposed to have vitamin C while on it because it can interfere with the drug's ability to metabolize in one's system. I avoid vitamin C during the day and take some at night. Take it around 8 or 9 so you can sleep at night."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 21, 2016

"It's been good so far. Doctor put me from 30 to 40 mg. we will see how I feel in about two weeks when I see him again ."

Cali girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 18, 2016

"Completely stopped all panic and anxiety that antidepressants never helped nor any kind of benzo. After two months I was able to wean off of my antidepressants and happily zero anxiety or panic. I started in July after a bad try for a month of Concerta. Been on it since now month 7. Tried a few dosages but 80 is what works best for me. Since stopping the antidepressant end of August, I have lost 25 pounds!!! It helps control binge eating that I did out of frustration of my disorder.... I now make clearer healthier food choices and drink a ton of water. You must be careful with the caffeine intake and may possibly need something to help you settle in to sleep at night. I should but choose to only take one med currently."

Jilly77 February 15, 2016

"Today was my first day on Vyvanse 20mg and it was incredible how much it helped my ADD symptoms! I felt motivated, confident, energetic, and very focused. I was able to complete a ton of school work in such a small amount of time. It feels like I get zoned in when I work on things, even if they're things I don't enjoy. My vision had major changes which was weird because it was like my eyes were finally opened?? My vision was so bright and colors were EXTREMELY vivid, it was like the whole world around me was alive. Effects of the medication started after just 10 minutes of taking it and it really kicked in about 1 hour after that. Would definitely reccomend."

Kevin5000202 February 11, 2016

"Having tried so many other drugs for this has been extremely difficult and disheartening. Vyvanse is a GAME CHANGER!!"

hab77 (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2016

"This drug is awesome. It is only my first day on it but I have to make a review. If you suffer from both Adhd and major depression, you need to try vyvanase. I've been on Dexedrine, adderall xr, and adderall ir. All of them made me tired. So tired I couldn't function. On vyvanase, I don't get tired. Is this what life is supposed to feel like? Life is good."

beepboop February 6, 2016

"First, THANKS ALL OF YOU folks sharing. This is very informative. We are all trying to find something that works. My son, age 10, 5th grade, has been ADHD and negative overall for yrs. Finally tried Vivance 20mg. Big help month 1. More talkative, able to focus, get things done. Said it wore off or he got used to it by month 2 so uppedd dose to 30mg. Same thing, except after school a lot more sensitive emotionally. He said he didn't see much difference after a few weeks so we upped dose to 40mg on month 4. Still sensitive after school, no appetite, complained that he was grinding his teeth all day , thirsty all the time and dry skin then one day suddenly his wrists and web between thumb and finger broke into red purple DEEP DRY RASH. Stopped it"

Dad of 10 yr boy February 4, 2016

"This pill is very effective and has its ups and downs. I took this med in back in 2014 for my ADHD and stopped completely in 2015 due to the side affects. I am currently taking it again and it has changed me completely. PROS: *You can concentrate incredibly *You get work done fast * It makes you think twice * loose weight (if your interested in that) Cons: *You get paranoid *You feel nauseated the whole time *You become very antisocial *You get aggravated very quickly *People always think your sad or something's wrong *APPETITE IS GONE *You get sad fairly quick *Everything bothers you *Its very hard to get or stay happy *It gets hard to fall asleep This is my 2nd month back on it and there has been a substantial change in me already"

Its all on what you can handle (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2016

"I've been on Vyvanse at varying dosages (30-40 mg) for about 2 years. I've never been on anything else really, so I can't speak to other drugs, but I feel like I got my life back. I did notice it would wear off for me around 3 in the afternoon though, and the doctor put me on a low dose of Dextroamphetamine at 2:30 to supplement the rest of the day. So far, so good. I don't want to take higher and higher doses, so I try to stay where I'm at and make that work. Most days it does. Great drug for me."

Hi D Ho (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 1, 2016