User Reviews for Vyvanse

Learn more about Vyvanse.

Vyvanse Rating Summary

8.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 32 medications used in the treatment of ADHD.

Reviews for Vyvanse to treat ADHD

"This drug is awesome. It is only my first day on it but I have to make a review. If you suffer from both Adhd and major depression, you need to try vyvanase. I've been on Dexedrine, adderall xr, and adderall ir. All of them made me tired. So tired I couldn't function. On vyvanase, I don't get tired. Is this what life is supposed to feel like? Life is good."

beepboop February 6, 2016

"First, THANKS ALL OF YOU folks sharing. This is very informative. We are all trying to find something that works. My son, age 10, 5th grade, has been ADHD and negative overall for yrs. Finally tried Vivance 20mg. Big help month 1. More talkative, able to focus, get things done. Said it wore off or he got used to it by month 2 so uppedd dose to 30mg. Same thing, except after school a lot more sensitive emotionally. He said he didn't see much difference after a few weeks so we upped dose to 40mg on month 4. Still sensitive after school, no appetite, complained that he was grinding his teeth all day , thirsty all the time and dry skin then one day suddenly his wrists and web between thumb and finger broke into red purple DEEP DRY RASH. Stopped it"

Dad of 10 yr boy February 4, 2016

"This pill is very effective and has its ups and downs. I took this med in back in 2014 for my ADHD and stopped completely in 2015 due to the side affects. I am currently taking it again and it has changed me completely. PROS: *You can concentrate incredibly *You get work done fast * It makes you think twice * loose weight (if your interested in that) Cons: *You get paranoid *You feel nauseated the whole time *You become very antisocial *You get aggravated very quickly *People always think your sad or something's wrong *APPETITE IS GONE *You get sad fairly quick *Everything bothers you *Its very hard to get or stay happy *It gets hard to fall asleep This is my 2nd month back on it and there has been a substantial change in me already"

Its all on what you can handle (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2016

"I've been on Vyvanse at varying dosages (30-40 mg) for about 2 years. I've never been on anything else really, so I can't speak to other drugs, but I feel like I got my life back. I did notice it would wear off for me around 3 in the afternoon though, and the doctor put me on a low dose of Dextroamphetamine at 2:30 to supplement the rest of the day. So far, so good. I don't want to take higher and higher doses, so I try to stay where I'm at and make that work. Most days it does. Great drug for me."

Hi D Ho (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 1, 2016

"I am 18 but I have been taking vyvanse since I was 16 years old at 70mg and still taking the same dose. It is 100% better than concerta XL it has changed my life The appetite is not the worst thing I just get really dehydrated and not notice it I can eat after taking it ( 4h after taking it) Keep in mind I have been on stimulant like meds for years now I have grown to fight the appetite effects"

anthony9898 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 1, 2016

"I've been taking this medication for many months now. I take it on work days mostly & days when I need to get up and go. I still have depression and sometimes it's hard to sleep but not always. It helps if you love food because I don't over eat but if I forget to bring a snack to work I get a little nauseous or I just feel super hungry by the end of my shift because I forget about food for like 7-9 hours. I try to eat food before I take it. Girls at work ask me what helps me be confident and sell stuff and I tell them vyvanse. I have depression and anxiety but this helps so much. I do feel really tired and like I don't want to do stuff on days I don't take it and after it wears off. So my doctors trying me on brintellex or something too."

Equestrianluvr (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 31, 2016

"At first I felt like it was a miracle pill THE PROS I could finally focus I got things done My grades improved extremely Id feel so happy I wanted to talk to everyone about everyrhing THE CONS(These are the side effects that came after taking it for a year or so) Im not the same person anymore I only care about what Im focused on doing I'm not fun and happy anymore I dont like to joke around Im constantly anxious It makes me obsess over everything Terrible headaches Beyond exhausted and light headed for the first few hours No appetite Cant sleep without medicine In the middle of doing things its like my brain just freezes for a minute Worst of all I feel addicted to it & I don't enjoy time with my children and loved ones like i use to"

Questionable Medication... (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 28, 2016

"I am 21 years old 5'7 and 115 lbs. and I am currently taking 20mg in the morning. I've only been taking the medicine for about two weeks but I've noticed a lot of changes. Positives: I'm getting my work done, staying motivated, I'm focused on the road when I'm driving now and I don't forget little details like I was before. Negatives: zero appetite- I have to force myself to eat, minor nausea, easily aggravated. It also altered my menstrual cycle. I am still yet to start my period but I've never been irregular- starting on the exact same days of each month since always. My mood has COMPLETELY changed in the 2 weeks. I'm severely depressed now and mildly suicidal. Can't tell if these side effects are worth it"

Kayy202 January 20, 2016

"My 7 year old son has ADHD. After years of struggling with ADHD as a parent I decided to finally try medication for my son he was prescribed Vyvanse. During the first month is was great he was finally able to focus in school and follow directions, I received so much positive feedback. Starting on the second month I noticed he was sad all the time at first I dismissed it as maybe he was having a rough day, than it became two weeks and it really effected his mood. My son starting to not care in school, he would cry for any minor thing, he lost a lot of weight and overall I thought he was depressed. I brought it up to his therapists who recommended we immediately remove him off of it."

Lily1234 January 15, 2016

"I was previously on Adderall XR before going on Vyvanse. My reason for switching was because I suffer from BED as well, which this drug is basically a miracle drug for. As far as how this drug functions as an ADHD med, I do not think it is as effective as Adderall but it does last for a really long time, which has its pro's and con's. If you take it too late, you will have a hard time sleeping and if you want to go to happy hour or grab a drink that day, because this drug takes anywhere from 9-11 hours to leave your system, you won't be able to feel the effects of alcohol or the effects of the alcohol will all kick in at once Vyvanse leaves your system (be warned). But if you want to get a lot done during the day, its good."

melllooo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 15, 2016

"I found this medication very effective, I am able to stay on task without changing my mood, speak clearer without getting tongue tied and I do eat smaller portion than I usually do. I've only lost 5lbs the max within two year and the only side affect I have is occasional dry mouth. It's best to stay hydrated and eat a snack in between meals while on this medication to reduce the dry mouth it works for me."

EXG-UH January 7, 2016

"Ok I've been on V for 3 years now cuz I've tried all the other amphetamine based "Adderall, AdderallXR,etc. Vyvanse seemed to address my ADHD issues but its almost a year since I've lost my appetite and most days I'll have a KIND bar in the morning but I take my V. It can be 8am or 11am and still haven't been able to eat. It feels like u have the flu and nothing seems appetizing, I take a multivitamin, B12 complex, as well as Iron. I have lost weight but after a year with not eating consistently but I am tired all day, crabby, my teeth hurt too "

Richieboy (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 4, 2016

"Can not believe how much this med has helped me. So much more focused and I'm able to tackle larger projects with out feel so overwhelmed. I'm in my 50s and did not even think I had ADHD. My Dr picked up on that. Life is so much better now. I have been de cluttering and organizing my home and life like I have always wanted to do. Very happy with this med"

flochick January 2, 2016

"I have been taking Vyvanse now off and on for about a year. I absolutely notice the difference when I am not taking it. My doctor started me off with 50 mg but now I am on 70 mg. I was afraid of how I would feel especially with the increase in the dosage. Actually I refused to get the increase of dosage filled at the pharmacy but things began to get out of control when I stopped taking them and so I decided to start back taking the meds. The 70 mg dosage was even better than the 50mg dosage. It has helped me focus more and I have more energy than I have had in quite some time. It controls my temper and though I didn't have a huge eating problem I am overweight and noticed that it curb my appetite. I do love this medication."

Shola1974 January 1, 2016

"Do not prescribe this to anyone !! This drug should not be legal. After 2 weeks it made me feel suicidal, which I've never been in my entire 33 yrs of being alive. It swung me into a severe depression and accumulated a huge amount of anxiety. This is the most unhealthy experience I have ever had. It ruined my relationship and my personality when I was taking it. I started a college class and the doctor prescribed this to me for concentration. It made me feel like I was on speed. When I stopped taking it about 6 days later I was a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT person, I was finally back to normal. Please watch your children or anyone you know who may be taking this."

NOVYVANSE December 29, 2015

"Just upped the dose to 50mg, this medicine works good as far as getting things done and having energy, the first time I took it I was really concerned about my school work and helps me stay on task. The only bad thing about it, for a few minutes at different times of the day this medicine makes me feel like it's wearing off and I feel down or kind of worried then it goes away. So my "happy" felling goes up and down throughout the day."

Anonymous December 19, 2015

"It works wonders"

Meme918 December 15, 2015

"This medication ruined me. When I was in my freshman year of high school I could see no point in living. I started taking this in the second grade and now it has literally no effect. I was failing all of my classes and I gave up on trying to go to college, this drug makes you think their are two yous, the medicine "normal" or the non medicated "annoying". The only reason doctors give this to people is to get money, scheduling appointments every 3 months."

Robertsshaw (taken for 10 years or more) December 14, 2015

"Did absolutely nothing for me. Even on the highest dose 70 mg. now taking Adderall 30 mg 2xday. Works only minimally. Now what."

suezq42 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 2, 2015

"This medication has changed my life. I didn't start taking it until I was 24 years old. I honestly thought it was hopeless trying to figure out my life. I kept failing college courses, struggled with my job, struggled with relationships. I genuinely thought I was stupid. Sounds dramatic, but that's honestly I how I felt. I just couldn't think or concentrate. Then I tried Vyvanse. I was really against stimulants or any type of drug that could be addictive. But, I'm SO grateful I tried it. I wouldn't be where I am today without it. I'm a nursing student with a 4.0. I have an amazing relationship and I enjoy my job. It's not a miracle drug, but it really helps me focus and do the things I know I can do. Definitely recommend it."

Believer2016 December 1, 2015

"I was officially diagnosed with ADHD around age 28 but it wasn't until 30 that I decided to try medication. I started with Vyvanse. Holy crap! It was amazing. I hadn't realized how much noise went on in my head until it was quiet. Then I could have linear thought patterns. For the first time ever my life started to come together. I could see tasks in processes, I could think clearly, I could manage my emotions. It was amazing. Then the side effects kicked in. My dr and I went through every other adhd medication there was and nothing helped. I did more research and found that my problem was that all of the medications use dyes which gave me flu like symptoms. Vyvanse uses the most dyes so made me the sickest. I now take it out of capsule."

Amalym November 24, 2015

"I have suffered from ADD/ADHD for all my life. I am currently 23 years old. I was on vyvanse (40 mgs, I am extremely sensitive to pills). I have tried about 5 different stimulant type medicines. Vyvanse really changed my life. I was able to transition from the food service industry to a Real Estate career. I got Mono, and had to stop the medicine while my body recovered. I really liked the way i felt off it. But i now feel as though my life is unmanageable. I don't like the feeling of being medicated so young with out any proof of long term effects, but i feel like i am drowning. I feel alone in my ADHD because its not something that people feel sympathetic toward. Vyvanse really changed that feeling."

Cassandra12345 November 20, 2015

"I started taking this about 7 months ago. I have never taken any prescibed medicine prior to this. I am 62. Was having problems focusing at work. Taking 30 mgs and don't want to increase. Sometimes will take a break on weekends like this weekend. Really helps with focus, memory and energy level. I don't notice any side effects. Hasn't effected sleep. I take at about 6:30 AM and it wears off by afternoon. It is pretty expensive because insurance doesn't cover and have to visit Dr. every month. If you are older and in good health and have ADD symptoms I suggest you look into this. Your body adjusts to it over the first couple months. The first time you take it you feel euphoric but that is not what you want. Keep taking small dose."

Older adult using November 15, 2015

"I had taken Adderal for years. 90mg daily. It was suggested by my psychiatrist to start taking the Vyvanse. I have really noticed a decrease in my energy level, and sometimes I struggle with motivation issues. I take 70mg daily. I sometimes have to check to make sure that I did remember to take it that day."

jrb3760 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 10, 2015

"There are many positives such as motivation, and a brief period of content, but there are also many negatives.. rapid heartbeat/chest pains, weight loss, dizziness, dry mouth. When the medicine kicks in, i feel this amazing sense of being content.., no matter what I'm doing at the time i just feel happy, but soon feel an extreme sadness and despair when it wears off, because i wonder why i can't be happy anymore. I also become extremely irritable, anxious, and restless. I continue to take this medication ,because it helps me get things done and focus, but the negative impact is extremely hard on me, and effects my mental and physical health greatly. Most common side effects for me are chest pains, sadness, rapid mood change, headache, and loss"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 3, 2015