User Reviews for Vyvanse

Learn more about Vyvanse.

Vyvanse Rating Summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 52 medications used in the treatment of ADHD.

Reviews for Vyvanse to treat ADHD

"I have a love/hate relationship with this medication. I was diagnosed with ADD in my late thirties. Vyvanse helps me a lot...when I can feel its effects. I take 50 mg a day. For three hours, I feel wonderful and very productive. The drug make feel very calm, hence very focused. I feel at peace and I stop questioning every single thing I do. It's like my usually racing thoughts (cognitive hyperactivity) stop for a moment and let me focus on the task at hand. BUT, when the drug wears off, after only three or four hours, I feel HORRIBLE! My throat gets tight, a disabling anxiety kicks in, I feel depressed, my thoughts start racing again and honestly, I feel like I could kill myself. So I go from feeling wonderful to being suicidal..."

Eva Sandoval (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 26, 2016

"My 10 yr old daughter was put on low dose (20mg) of Vyvanse for ADHD. Her ADHD was severely affecting her school work. Positive: immediately teachers and I noticed she could focus, sit more still, and initiate her own homework, etc... But it's the NEGATIVE side affects that seriously concerned me. She went from a cheerful, joyous girl, to a melancholy zombie. Even worse, she became more and more depressed & irritable at night. She said she felt like she lost all personality and had a sadness that she didn't understand why. I can not emphasize enough how scary it was to see her whole personality change, and that was not worth any benefits.she got out of Vyvanse. Other side effects: loss of appetite, joint/muscle pain, mouth twitch."

Mom of ADHD (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2016

"Vyvanse is not like any other ADHD med out there. It is better! a lot better! I does not matter how much Vyvanse you take, your body will not let the amphetamine level go any higher than it can process it. This gives you control. Vyvanse is a spark, it lets you chose what to focus on, rather than make you hyper and euphoric like other ADHD meds do. Why it does not work for some people? Because most people fail to use ADHD meds accordingly! No med is a "magic bullet." For those of us who actually have ADHD and have tried absolutely everything (healthy diet, good night sleep, exercise, multivitamins etc.), Vyvanse is the "missing piece to the puzzle!"

A Spark Not a Fire (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 8, 2016

"I was told by psychologist I scored highest she has ever seen for adhd and doctor put me on 30mg and it does nothing. I don't want an increased dose of this med i want something else. Waste of my time."

Skellysgirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2016

"I can finally focus"

Buttr April 22, 2016

"My Daughter has been taking Vyvanse for about 4 years now she is 14 and taking the 50 mg, She usually takes it on school days, So last summer she wasn't taking it and she started her period but as soon as September came she went back on the 50mg her period never came back. Has anyone experienced this? the doctor said it had nothing to do with the medication but I have a feeling it does."

Kristin4904 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 18, 2016

"this drug not only gave me a low key eating disorder but it made me have terrible, TERRIBLE mood swings all the time. it would make me cry and be irrationally angry at everyone at the same time. on top of that I would bearly be able to eat because the pill is also used as a way to treat binge eating. it also made me feel like I was having a heart attack at times and my heart would feel like it was going to stop beating. the only positive is that yes it did improve my focus and motivation immensly."

Anonymous April 15, 2016

"If you have a pacemaker , DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG. I asked my psychiatrist if it would be ok to take this drug with a pacemaker, he was wrong ! It put my pacemaker into rev me up mode. My cardiologist was not happy."

PapaHemi April 8, 2016

"I have used many ADHD medicines in the past and I never knew what attention I was lacking without vyvanse. The first week of taking 30mg is very different from the following weeks. In the first week I felt very conscious of the effects and it felt great but the following weeks felt like I was lacking. I am 18 years old so I had an upcoming SAT so I took 2 of my 30mg pills. I am 150lbs and In retrospect it was a bad idea. The whole day of the SAT I felt explosive energy and extremely motivated to work on questions. I am now on the first day of prescribed 60mg and I have a much greater work motive and I am constantly fueled with new productive ideas for tasks to complete. If you feel like you are lacking in motivation for work I recommend it"

Alex Anon (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 4, 2016

"I have taking 20 mg and must say that it's the best medicine for me. I can concentrate, feeling peace in my mind. I'm also bipolar and before elvanse I tried medicine concerta and ritalin which made me more depressed and when they was going away from body I felt like awful. Elvanse is just a miracle medicine, I don't feel when it goes away. The only side effect of medicine is : dry mouth, not feeling hungry. Don't forget to eat and drink water because if you don't do it your bloodsugar will go down and you gonna feel ill,bad,headache !! I recomend this medicine !"

Skinnypatrini (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 4, 2016

"My 14 year old daughter had been taking Vyvanse since 2010 - her current dosage is 50mg. In the first couple years I believe this medication was a good fit for my daughter; however, It is my opinion she needs a change. Also thanks to Obmacare effective 1/1/16 we are paying a copayment of $197 (from $40). Unbelievable for Vyvanse to NOT RELEASE A GENERIC until 2023!"

Liz 6969 (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 22, 2016

"This is a miracle pill. It has helped with everything And I don't have am appetite hardly at all now. But after 3 weeks of being on 50 mg it stopped working until around 3 in the afternoon and I feel very tired. Doctor is supposed to hopefully up my dosage. But it really is the best and gives me a happy good energetic mood. Better then Adderall."

scarlettmple (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2016

"After years of trying both stimulants & non-stimulants for my ADHD, Vyvanse has been a game changer. Its helped me to actually start LIVING life! Previously, I had the best results while on Adderrall, however the mid-afternoon "crash" left me irritable, moody, & feeling like my ADHD was, in a sense, magnified.Thank goodness Shire (developers of Adderrall) sat out to fix the negative side effects (or at least attempt to), but keep the positives. For me, the dry mouth is way more intense than with other stimulants. I have also noticed a drastic decline in sex drive. I would not be able to afford Vyvanse (I don't have insurance) if it were not for the Shire Cares patient assist program."

lamiley83 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 19, 2016

"I have been taking Vyvanse for a couple of months now for my ADHD and BED, 40 mg seems to work fine with minimal side effects. My doctor recommended that I only take it on work days and give my system a break on weekends. However, I noticed that my binge eating has gotten way out of control on days that I don't take it, to make up for the loss of appetite during the week I guess. I mean, I eat constantly! Is anyone else having this problem?"

Cait74 March 13, 2016

"I have been on Vyvanse 30 mg for a year now and have had success taking it. I can work full time, have time management, take great care of my kids and keep my house clean. I sleep just fine at night. I do get irritable throughout the day if I don't eat. I feel nauseous and sick if I don't snack and stay hydrated. Hate to say it but it also worsens my anxiety slightly in the morning. Pros have outweighed the cons. As for weight loss I lost 7 pounds when I started taking it but have stayed at 130 pounds same weight for a year I am 5'5 and 28 years old. I feel healthy."

Nicolexo (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 10, 2016

"Vyvanse is a wonderfully great med. For about the first month you take it. I'm on 70 mg and have been for a little over a year. It worked just as I wanted it to but the started to wear off and now I only feel the affect for about 3 hours then I get angry really fast. Also if I forget to take my morning doseage I just feel like I'm dying all day so I rate it 7/10"

Personsss March 8, 2016

"I have only been on this medicine for about two weeks at 20mg but it has completely changed me! It's awesome! I suffer from Depression, Anxiety, and ADD and was prescribed Lexapro to help with me depression and anxiety, it bumped up my mood a little but I still had depression and anxiety symptoms. The first day I took Vyvanse it kicked in after an hour and automatically I was more awake, happy, confident, talkative, and focused! It helped me so much with college when before I was failing almost all my classes I am in such a better mood now LIFE IS GREAT! The only down side so far is it makes me really hungry at times and I have trouble falling asleep and staying asleep through out the night but it's worth it!!"

LexieBC (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2016

"Vyvanse has changed my life. I went from being a failing student to having grades above 90% in only a few weeks. These past 3 1/2 weeks have been the most productive weeks of my life. However, this med does come with a down side. Some side effects I experienced have been loss of appetite, dry mouth, trouble staying asleep, as well as some minor OCD. The OCD is really the only side effect that has been bothering me, when I have paper in front of me and I'm writing, I will constantly keep erasing what I wrote and writing it back down until it looks perfect which I've never done before in my life. As for social anxiety, I actually feel more confident going outside, my brain feels slowed down when working, and I don't zone out any more. 9.5/10"

Jack390 (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2016

"This medication saved my life! Better than any anti-depressant I've ever tried (and I've tried A LOT). Currently on it to help with my ADHD and Manic Depression (Bipolar 2) Side effects are small and definitely worth it (to me, at least). Dry mouth and decrease in appetite. I've also lost 40 pounds since I've been on it (Went from 182 pounds to *currently* 142 pounds)"

marbelt (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 2, 2016

"Wonderful drug. I have been on it for over six months and it has remained consistent. I used to be on Concerta, which was ok, but I felt as if it lost its potency. Vyvanse allows me to focus and maintain concentration. It also gives me a boost of energy. At times when I have missed a dose and left the house for the day I have felt tired and disinterested in the activities I was involved in. I have no side effects from it but I rarely have side effects to any drug. I have read that you are not supposed to have vitamin C while on it because it can interfere with the drug's ability to metabolize in one's system. I avoid vitamin C during the day and take some at night. Take it around 8 or 9 so you can sleep at night."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 21, 2016

"It's been good so far. Doctor put me from 30 to 40 mg. we will see how I feel in about two weeks when I see him again ."

Cali girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 18, 2016

"Completely stopped all panic and anxiety that antidepressants never helped nor any kind of benzo. After two months I was able to wean off of my antidepressants and happily zero anxiety or panic. I started in July after a bad try for a month of Concerta. Been on it since now month 7. Tried a few dosages but 80 is what works best for me. Since stopping the antidepressant end of August, I have lost 25 pounds!!! It helps control binge eating that I did out of frustration of my disorder.... I now make clearer healthier food choices and drink a ton of water. You must be careful with the caffeine intake and may possibly need something to help you settle in to sleep at night. I should but choose to only take one med currently."

Jilly77 February 15, 2016

"Today was my first day on Vyvanse 20mg and it was incredible how much it helped my ADD symptoms! I felt motivated, confident, energetic, and very focused. I was able to complete a ton of school work in such a small amount of time. It feels like I get zoned in when I work on things, even if they're things I don't enjoy. My vision had major changes which was weird because it was like my eyes were finally opened?? My vision was so bright and colors were EXTREMELY vivid, it was like the whole world around me was alive. Effects of the medication started after just 10 minutes of taking it and it really kicked in about 1 hour after that. Would definitely reccomend."

Kevin5000202 February 11, 2016

"Having tried so many other drugs for this has been extremely difficult and disheartening. Vyvanse is a GAME CHANGER!!"

hab77 (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2016

"This drug is awesome. It is only my first day on it but I have to make a review. If you suffer from both Adhd and major depression, you need to try vyvanase. I've been on Dexedrine, adderall xr, and adderall ir. All of them made me tired. So tired I couldn't function. On vyvanase, I don't get tired. Is this what life is supposed to feel like? Life is good."

beepboop February 6, 2016