Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Adderall

Learn more about Adderall.

Narcolepsy 25 reviews 14 medications

8.7
ADHD 160 reviews 31 medications

8.5
Summary of Adderall reviews 185 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Adderall

Review by fred rubbel:

For ADHD: I was diagnosed 8 yrs ago with ADD, at 45 I wish I'd had this info and medication. My life has changed for the better. I do notice a major difference in the pink 30 mg verses the orange. The pink ones make me feel like I'm a zombie. They also make me sad and I get red blotches over my body.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 2, 2015 2:31 PM

Review by lady Ironworker:

For Fatigue: I just started Adderal 20mg about a week now. Before I was on 10 mg, not extended release, just tabs for (2) months. I'm always so tired. The higher dose helps me stay awake and function through my days. Glad something works, so far no side effects noted.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 1, 2015 10:42 AM

Review by Nishimaru2:

For ADHD: My son took this medicine for more than a month we don't like the side effect he never stop biting his fingers, excessive nasal discharges he end up with more problems than benefits.

February 24, 2015 5:12 PM

Review by lilbitofmadness (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For ADHD: This medication has changed my life. I was prescribed Adderall due to ADHD and chronic fatigue and it has greatly improved my quality of life in regards to both diagnosis. I am on a very small dose and have room to take more on particularly bad days, but 10mg on a regular, daily basis is the perfect amount for me.

February 18, 2015 10:59 PM

Review by we3reeds (taken for 10 years or more):

For Narcolepsy: I was diagnosed with Narcolepsy 1990. They started me on Ritalin, which did not work for me. Then Dexedrine. It did work but caused a lot of tension in neck shoulder back in the evenings. Then Provigil, Nuvigil. I have settled on Adderall, it wakes me in the morning and keeps me awake in the afternoon. It's a God send.

February 13, 2015 4:56 AM

Review by Tc 1:

For ADHD: I do not like taking medicine but had extreme anxiety and trouble paying attention before. I wish I took this before been a few days and more so much more focused. I haven't misplaced phone or car keys

February 6, 2015 11:10 PM

Review by thatguyyy:

For ADHD: I have been using Adderall for about 2 years now. I am an adult male at the age of 25. I always had an issue focusing in school and I have had a "rocking" issue my entire life. I tend to rock back and forth while reading or sitting about. It was very difficult to complete homework because I would try to figure out the answers to my homework problems but my rocking would take all of my focus and no matter how hard I tried to stop the rocking, I would always end up doing it anyway. As I attended college I was put on academic probation and decided to see a Doctor. Since I have been diagnosed and prescribed Adderall, my life has changed 100% for the better. No more rocking and my focus is incredible!

February 6, 2015 4:23 PM

Review by Adoman:

For ADHD: Good with increased mental focus and less distractions by activities that were going on around me. I have nothing negative to say about the Adderall. It has improved my ability to control my attention and give me greater intensity in thinking and reasoning.

January 21, 2015 4:00 PM

Review by pKdub (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For ADHD: Adderall has totally brought my life into focus. I started taking it about 6 months ago I'm 39 now and really wish I had this medicine as a kid. In addition to ADD I had severe anxiety and depression as a child/teenager. Adderall has given me focus, lifted my general mood, taken my anxiety away and made me a productive human being. I'm actually starting my own business! The only bad thing is that you really have to be careful of how much you take because it can have the opposite effect i.e. severe anxiety and no focus but if you take it the right way it will change your life! One other bad thing is the stigma surrounding the medicine and being treated like an addict by some pharmacists.

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 19, 2015 1:07 PM

Review by vm90 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Fatigue: I am 24, I have been on Adderall for 8 months. For tiredness, lack of motivation, introversion. It definitely helps in all of those. I enjoy being around people, I have the want to do projects & have initiative at work. Does really give me energy, just the want to not sleep and waste I could be spending doing something productive. However the side effects: grinding my teeth. Some of the ones give me horrible dry mouth. Significant weight loss, people keep telling me I look skeleton like. But the worst? Terrible mood swings. I just flip out. Completely irrationally. Horrid anxiety. I need to get off it, but I am afraid of loosing my job.

January 1, 2015 8:38 PM

Review by Seigfred (taken for less than 1 month):

For Narcolepsy: I gave Adderall an 8 out of 10 because it is very effective, anyone who is narcoleptic (which is why I use this medicine) will stay awake completely. Depending on the dosage you can stay awake anywhere from 5 hours to even more than 12. The down side to this medicine, and let me be clear that it is just with my experience is that it can make you jittery and excited. It also gave me "false confidence" and just overall made me more outgoing than I usually. Also I found that the first time I used it it gave me quite a high, which I eventually got used to. After several days I started hallucinating things and got paranoid. There are definitely some psychological side effects even more than the ones that I've experienced.

December 30, 2014 11:32 AM

Review by WhiteBirch (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Narcolepsy: I thought Nuvigil was good, but Adderall is amazing. It helps me feel almost human, again. Not only does Adderall keep me awake, but it clears up some of the mental fog caused by Narcolepsy. Cataplexy is also not as severe when I'm on Adderall. I can finally focus at work, I have enough energy to take care of myself and my family, and I'm doing so well at work that I got two raises in the last 3 months! The irony is that you have to be well-rested for it to work; otherwise, it does absolutely nothing. I have also started devoloping a tolerance so it starts to wear off after about 3-4 hours, but I take another dose and it gets me through the rest of the day.

December 17, 2014 10:36 AM

Review by lwk9400 (taken for less than 1 month):

For ADHD: It makes you feel very energetic and makes you want to accomplish everything and it makes you very interested in stuff going on with yourself. It keeps you awake and very alert and you feel like you are on top of the world.

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 22, 2014 2:25 AM

Review by Davelisa 9672 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For ADHD: I knew I was different when I went to school. Being an only child I was very loved and cared for. I lived for the attention in kindergarten I knew I was not like everyone else it took me longer to learn things than others I wouldn't listen fully to instructions. I was so eager to please I fell over myself trying to prove things to be accepted I was outgoing and a class clown my mother always got notes home about me things like she doesn't sit still gets out of her seat talk talk talk I'm grown and my mother has passed away. My best friend therapist has shown me PTSD and ADHD, now I know who I am now.

November 7, 2014 8:55 PM

Review by copeyswife (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Narcolepsy: Worked very well but only downfall some days made me super anxious and jittery. Overall cant wait to get back on it for some energy.

September 30, 2014 6:44 PM

Review by JackOreilly:

For ADHD: This pill definitely keeps me focused.

September 25, 2014 11:19 PM

Review by Missme33 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For ADHD: Took XR but IR is a little heavy for me. Now I split my meds in half 5mg 2-3 times a day. Duration seems better than XR. I take lamictal as well. IR helps me get more done but I don't feel personally that the good outweigh the bad. I have reached a norm. Weight. I eat healthier I look healthier. And I take better care of my body. At first - dry skin slightly, hyper focused (my body did not know how to react) I smelT AWFUL at first! Haha I sweat it out ew! I can't find this side effect anywhere. It can take a toll if you don't take care of your body. Stay healthy.

September 21, 2014 11:47 AM

Review by the kid902 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For ADHD: I was 23 when I was diagnosed with ADHD. Started Adderall, I take 30 mg of SR a day and the difference is phenomenal! I get up with ease because I know I can tackle all tasks with astounding motivation and actually enjoy doing tedious work. I am co-morbid with anxiety, rumination, and I was highly neurotic. I found myself aggressive, quick tempered, and easily abusing marijuana and alcohol. This all changed with Adderall, I am rational, reflect on situations in a positive light, and generally just a more helpful and kind person. Adderall completely saved my professional and personal life. Side note, it can cause erectile dysfunction but it will go away after your body is used to the cycle.

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 8, 2014 1:37 AM

Review by Drew4890:

For ADHD: It works but I think it might be the effect from having extra energy so you do more things. It definitely helps with motivation and depression. Ironically it got rid of my anxiety as well.

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 27, 2014 6:38 PM

Review by Thankful OldGuy (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For ADHD: I have been taking Adderall for two years and it has probably saved my life. I had been misdiagnosed as bi-polar with no co-morbid ADHD, and was prescribed benzodiazepines and anti-depressants. I eventually became suicidal when Abilify was added,and was lucky enough to have a moment of clarity and changed doctors and hospital affiliates. The week I was started on ADHD meds, I started to become the person I should be. I only wish I could have been diagnosed as a child, I feel I missed half my education. I can now focus all day, keep a train of thought long enough to finish mundane to complex tasks, and have written and recorded an album of music that had been completed but in disarray. No side effects, no weight loss or changes in eating habits.

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 20, 2014 1:57 AM

Review by I'm off the couch (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For ADHD: This medicine has improved my life significantly allowing me to have significantly improved ability to concentrate on task at hand vs never completing a task but jumping from one to another. Unsure sadly though, may no longer be able to afford it. Insurance changed to only high deductible HSA. No other options.

July 21, 2014 6:55 PM

Review by Soulsaviver (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For ADHD: Adderall has been a blessing to me. I take 30mg twice a day and my thinking has become so much more clear. I am now able to pay attention and absorb what is going on around me. I have had no negative side effects except for an occasional night where it might take me an extra 30 minutes to fall asleep. I still have a healthy appetite since taking Adderall. This medicine has made my life so much better.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 8, 2014 6:52 PM

For Narcolepsy: Does not work well for me.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 7, 2014 1:22 AM

Review by Joe King:

For ADHD: I have ran the gauntlet of ADD meds, starting with Concerta then tried Vyvance which worked well in the beginning, then my Dr switched to Adderall XR, then to I R, which works best for me I take 20mg twice a day definitely helps with non stop thinking, racing thoughts, and just simply getting motivated. I have been on the IR for about a year and the highs are finally outweighing the lows. 39 years old and can see light at the end of the tunnel.

July 6, 2014 11:27 AM

Review by Evan S (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For ADHD: I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was 6 yrs old and pretty much just learned to deal with it until age 14. When I started 8th grade, my parents put me on the meds and I absolutely love it! I'm so much more successful! Plus I feel better about myself as a person. I don't know how I went all those years without it. Its definitely made my life better.

June 22, 2014 11:15 PM