User Reviews for Adderall

Learn more about Adderall.

Narcolepsy 27 reviews 15 medications

8.8
ADHD 167 reviews 32 medications

8.5
Summary of Adderall reviews 194 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Adderall

For ADHD "I was diagnosed with A.D.D and I've been using Adderall for just over 2 years now. My 9th year of school I finished with a very low GPA just over a 1.0 and finished most of my classes with either Fs or Ds but this past year that I was able to get my medicine I was awarded AB Honorle And passing every class with an A except 2 Bs. The mass improvement of my ability to focus and actually want to work actually made the principal think I was cheating since i've had such a bad school record (For grades)"

Dielawn (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 10, 2015

For ADHD "I was diagnosed with ADHD unexpectedly when I started going to a counseling center a couple months ago, after I got in trouble for bringing marijuana to school. I was also diagnosed with severe depression and anxiety. I am 15 and this all came as one big unexpected shock to me. I felt useless and pathetic knowing this. I was put on medication for all of the mental disorders, including Adderall. I have always been a good student, but now I am actually able to focus in school and now, I'm excited about going to classes and doing homework. I actually feel like I'm worth something for once."

kristin1350 May 22, 2015

For ADHD "Yes, this medication does work wonders, at first. Diagnosed ADHD (by a Psychiatrist) at the age of 26. The first 3 years it worked quite well and felt like a godsend. I took 5-6 days a week and my life demonstratively improved. Focus, completing tasks, mental clarity, improved self-esteem...life was good. Adderall, like other CNS stimulants, tend to become less effective after time and I noticed this more pronouncedly by my 5th year. At that point, I felt trapped by the drug and tried to stop. The problem was that even after a month or more without Adderall, none of discontinuation symptoms were improving. While I continue to use Adderall for maintenance, I derive little benefit. Be aware, the effects won't last indefinitely!"

Danatee May 20, 2015

For Narcolepsy "I'm a 52 yr. old male. I started taking Adderall about14 months ago. for the first 2 weeks I didn't notice much change then I noticed that when I took the medication in the morning suddenly I had a lot more energy and it seemed like I could concentrate better and not as agitated about life in general. I take me 2nd. dose at lunch time. The increase in my energy level was keeping me moving more during the day so it allowed me to rest better at night. Every morning when I wake I go straight for the Adderall. Overall I think Adderall has improved my quality of life and I think Adderall should be prescribed to the aged for the same effects. It's not going to work the same for all so close monitoring for 30 days on a 2per day 15mg.dose"

Thoughtfrullnessary May 10, 2015

For Narcolepsy "I have narcolepsy and I take 20mg three times per day of quick release tabs. Mornings are great but mid to late afternoon I tend to nap and then take my last dose after last nap. Adderall helps great for keeping me awake and alert."

Chrisbce April 30, 2015

For ADHD "When I was in grade school I had a real hard time learning. I could not pay attention in class. My mind was always wandering. I was always daydreaming and looking out the windows, I could not retain any information. I was forgetful and bored. My grades were always C's and D's no matter how hard I tried. I was always fidgety, had a hard time sitting still, always twirling my hair or shaking my legs or feet. I hated school, I felt so dumb. As I got into high school I was so far behind I gave up trying. When I started driving I would go through red lights, stop signs etc. I was just daydreaming all the time. I kept losing my car keys, my glasses, forgetting where I put them. I am out of space, but Adderal saved my life! I am 59. No side effects"

Thinkbetter April 4, 2015

For ADHD "I was diagnosed 8 yrs ago with ADD, at 45 I wish I'd had this info and medication. My life has changed for the better. I do notice a major difference in the pink 30 mg verses the orange. The pink ones make me feel like I'm a zombie. They also make me sad and I get red blotches over my body."

fred rubbel April 2, 2015

For Fatigue "I just started Adderal 20mg about a week now. Before I was on 10 mg, not extended release, just tabs for (2) months. I'm always so tired. The higher dose helps me stay awake and function through my days. Glad something works, so far no side effects noted."

lady Ironworker April 1, 2015

For ADHD "Once getting on adderall I found it gave me just enough euphoria to put down everything from alcohol to opiates, while giving me the drive and ambition to seek an engineering degree. I must warn people adderall is a stimulant, it's out of your body rather quickly (1-2 days) so addiction in the "physical withdrawal" sense is not much, although years of taking it will keep you relying on it -that's a PROMISE. Depending on the dosage you'll be severely lethargic and wind up sleeping a few days. Beware of the day's end, you'll likely need something to sleep, or relax which can cause problems. Despite the caution, you'll be a morning person and love it, just remember the word "moderation" and you'll be a new you!"

BeenThereDoneToomuch7 March 22, 2015

For ADHD "I was diagnosed with ADHD at eight . I was put on Ritalin then. Awful stuff. That turned me away from taking anything for years. I started taking adderall xl at the age of twenty-seven. I didn't notice a change until my doc raised my dosage from 20 to 25mg. My work was better. Heck my life turned around. I finished projects I started. I payed attention. I remembered little things that use to evade me. Like names, where I put things, and what I was just doing. I also noticed I wasn't as depressed. I could sleep better. Just do not take xl late or sleeping may be difficult. One thing and I can't stress enough. If you have a loved one who is on or going to be on adderall. It is addictive. Watch for the signs of abuse. Monitor teens."

Jefery February 26, 2015

For ADHD "My son took this medicine for more than a month we don't like the side effect he never stop biting his fingers, excessive nasal discharges he end up with more problems than benefits."

Nishimaru2 February 24, 2015

For ADHD "This medication has changed my life. I was prescribed Adderall due to ADHD and chronic fatigue and it has greatly improved my quality of life in regards to both diagnosis. I am on a very small dose and have room to take more on particularly bad days, but 10mg on a regular, daily basis is the perfect amount for me."

lilbitofmadness (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 18, 2015

For ADHD "For me, Adderall is a dream and a nightmare all wrapped in one pill. When I wake up I need the adderall just to be productive in my day, it works like a charm and makes me more creative and motivated. But I find that I need more and more to keep going. Eventually when the day is over and its too late to take any more pills, I feel zoned out and unable to sleep. If adderral came with a powerful sleep medicine, it would be a perfect drug. Although I don't like the anti-social aspect that comes with it. You get so concentrated that you become socially awkward and don't want to talk with anybody. Also when I drink on adderall I can become crazy aggressive at times. But other than that I love adderall, I've done some of my best work on it."

Vanna Rose (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 17, 2015

For Narcolepsy "I was diagnosed with Narcolepsy 1990. They started me on Ritalin, which did not work for me. Then Dexedrine. It did work but caused a lot of tension in neck shoulder back in the evenings. Then Provigil, Nuvigil. I have settled on Adderall, it wakes me in the morning and keeps me awake in the afternoon. It's a God send."

we3reeds (taken for 10 years or more) February 13, 2015

For ADHD "I do not like taking medicine but had extreme anxiety and trouble paying attention before. I wish I took this before been a few days and more so much more focused. I haven't misplaced phone or car keys"

Tc 1 February 6, 2015

For ADHD "I have been using Adderall for about 2 years now. I am an adult male at the age of 25. I always had an issue focusing in school and I have had a "rocking" issue my entire life. I tend to rock back and forth while reading or sitting about. It was very difficult to complete homework because I would try to figure out the answers to my homework problems but my rocking would take all of my focus and no matter how hard I tried to stop the rocking, I would always end up doing it anyway. As I attended college I was put on academic probation and decided to see a Doctor. Since I have been diagnosed and prescribed Adderall, my life has changed 100% for the better. No more rocking and my focus is incredible!"

thatguyyy February 6, 2015

For ADHD "Good with increased mental focus and less distractions by activities that were going on around me. I have nothing negative to say about the Adderall. It has improved my ability to control my attention and give me greater intensity in thinking and reasoning."

Adoman January 21, 2015

For ADHD "Adderall has totally brought my life into focus. I started taking it about 6 months ago I'm 39 now and really wish I had this medicine as a kid. In addition to ADD I had severe anxiety and depression as a child/teenager. Adderall has given me focus, lifted my general mood, taken my anxiety away and made me a productive human being. I'm actually starting my own business! The only bad thing is that you really have to be careful of how much you take because it can have the opposite effect i.e. severe anxiety and no focus but if you take it the right way it will change your life! One other bad thing is the stigma surrounding the medicine and being treated like an addict by some pharmacists."

pKdub (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 19, 2015

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Fatigue "I am 24, I have been on Adderall for 8 months. For tiredness, lack of motivation, introversion. It definitely helps in all of those. I enjoy being around people, I have the want to do projects & have initiative at work. Does really give me energy, just the want to not sleep and waste I could be spending doing something productive. However the side effects: grinding my teeth. Some of the ones give me horrible dry mouth. Significant weight loss, people keep telling me I look skeleton like. But the worst? Terrible mood swings. I just flip out. Completely irrationally. Horrid anxiety. I need to get off it, but I am afraid of loosing my job."

vm90 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 1, 2015

For Narcolepsy "I gave Adderall an 8 out of 10 because it is very effective, anyone who is narcoleptic (which is why I use this medicine) will stay awake completely. Depending on the dosage you can stay awake anywhere from 5 hours to even more than 12. The down side to this medicine, and let me be clear that it is just with my experience is that it can make you jittery and excited. It also gave me "false confidence" and just overall made me more outgoing than I usually. Also I found that the first time I used it it gave me quite a high, which I eventually got used to. After several days I started hallucinating things and got paranoid. There are definitely some psychological side effects even more than the ones that I've experienced. "

Seigfred (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2014

For Narcolepsy "I thought Nuvigil was good, but Adderall is amazing. It helps me feel almost human, again. Not only does Adderall keep me awake, but it clears up some of the mental fog caused by Narcolepsy. Cataplexy is also not as severe when I'm on Adderall. I can finally focus at work, I have enough energy to take care of myself and my family, and I'm doing so well at work that I got two raises in the last 3 months! The irony is that you have to be well-rested for it to work; otherwise, it does absolutely nothing. I have also started devoloping a tolerance so it starts to wear off after about 3-4 hours, but I take another dose and it gets me through the rest of the day."

WhiteBirch (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 17, 2014

For ADHD "It makes you feel very energetic and makes you want to accomplish everything and it makes you very interested in stuff going on with yourself. It keeps you awake and very alert and you feel like you are on top of the world."

lwk9400 (taken for less than 1 month) November 22, 2014

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For ADHD "I knew I was different when I went to school. Being an only child I was very loved and cared for. I lived for the attention in kindergarten I knew I was not like everyone else it took me longer to learn things than others I wouldn't listen fully to instructions. I was so eager to please I fell over myself trying to prove things to be accepted I was outgoing and a class clown my mother always got notes home about me things like she doesn't sit still gets out of her seat talk talk talk I'm grown and my mother has passed away. My best friend therapist has shown me PTSD and ADHD, now I know who I am now."

Davelisa 9672 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 7, 2014

For Narcolepsy "Worked very well but only downfall some days made me super anxious and jittery. Overall cant wait to get back on it for some energy."

copeyswife (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 30, 2014

For ADHD "This pill definitely keeps me focused."

JackOreilly September 25, 2014