User Reviews for Adderall

Learn more about Adderall.

Narcolepsy 29 reviews 15 medications

8.6
ADHD 189 reviews 36 medications

8.5
Summary of Adderall reviews 218 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Adderall

For ADHD "I was on Adderall XR 20 mg for about 6 months, and then developed hives. Could've been the bottle, could've been a delayed reaction (sulfa allergies). I don't know, but it was perfect until then. Decreased appetite, yes, but that's not negative as far as I'm concerned. Doc switched me to Vyvanse XR, and I can tell you that while you will focus, it's not as focused as when on Adderall (at least for me). Decreased appetite but nothing like with Adderall. I've also been on Evekeo (10 mg) tablet. I've only tried that once, and while it will definitely stimulate you (closer to Adderall), I find there's really not hyper focus. Just a lot of movement and staying awake. If you haven't tried it yet, I would go with Adderall XR first."

Multiple Tries (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 25, 2016

For ADHD "ADD is NOT a made up condition. I'm 26. Without Adderall/Vyvanse, i have no mental energy or focus to do anything. And it has been this way my entire life. School has gone from being an F and D student to being an A and B student. It has nothing to do with "being lazy" and everything to do with having a real chemical imbalance in the brain. Anyways, have been full time for 2 years until 7 weeks ago I convinced myself it wasn't working anymore and I didn't need it. Big mistake! I am ready to start up again next week. I can feel the old me come back, the me I hated. If you truly have ADD/ADHD, this will change your life for the better. Some negatives are sleeping less, decreased apatite, and often weak erections on it (despite high libido)"

Matt88 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 3, 2016

For ADHD "I started taking this when I was 17. I was struggling in school, barely passing my main subjects. Within 10 days of taking Adderall, I could tell it started to work. I could concentrate on listening to my teachers. My brain slowed down enough where I could do my homework. It all started to make sense. My self-esteem improved with my grades improving to 85's and above within 6 months. Side effects have been loss of appetite, not needing to sleep as much. Unfortunately, I've had bright red blood in my stool this past month. It also happened about 6 months ago. I will be discussing with my doctor."

coco123457 February 28, 2016

For ADHD "I am currently 18 years old, and I was diagnosed with severe anxiety and depression when I was 13 years old, and I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was 14. I currently use Vyvanse for my ADHD, and it has improved my life so much. I went from always zoning out and failing classes, to becoming a straight A student again, and I have been able to connect with my family so much more. I also use Prozac for my anxiety, and there does not seem to be any issues with my anxiety flaring up, however there is a noticeable difference when I only use Prozac and not Vyvanse. I also have lost some appetite for eating but I still eat enough to satisfy my body. Sleeping isn't a huge issue, as I usually take it around 6:00am each morning."

Matt4699 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 26, 2016

For ADHD "Didn't really do much to help, after around 7 months, it dosn't do anything"

ImpulsiveIsMyMiddleName (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 26, 2016

For ADHD "I wasn't diagnosed with ADHD until my 30s. I am now 47. My biggest struggle is trying to stay awake, focused and on task. On Adderall I was finally able to organize all the billions of thoughts racing around in my head and focus in on the tasks at hand. Downside - as the years went on I went from 5 mg 2x a day to 20 mg 2x a day over a period of 10 or so years. I ended up getting off because I started feeling very hot all the time - shorts in 40 degree weather was comfortable for me. The other problem was I was starting to sleep 12 hours a day (work from home so literally worked, slept, ate, slept)- this resolved after stopping the Adderall. Loved how kept me efficient in tasking but extreme fatigue forced me to find another alternative"

Anonymous February 19, 2016

For ADHD "I knew I struggled with ADD in college but refused to go on medication because of the stigma associated with Adderall. My father has ADD as well and refused medications. Now at 56 he is homeless, can't hold down a job, can't control his finances, health, or any responsibilities. When I graduated college and started my full-time job I realized that I was heading towards the same path as my pops. I love my job and am very passionate about it, but following instructions or staying on task during an 8 hour work day was IMPOSSIBLE. 5mg of XR/day (2x on my v. busy days) saved my job and life! I feel like I finally have a clutch to support me with my disability now. It has improved every aspect of my life: social, financial, academic, etc."

Sof (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 11, 2016

For ADHD "Hi everyone. I am 25 years old married with a 6 month old son. I was diagnosed with severe ADHD at the age of about 10...I'm talking horrible behavior, bad grades, constant moving, etc. my mother told the doctors no medicine at that age. Then around 12 my mother caved in and gave me the adderall, I hated bc of the instant side effects for me. I continued to take it until about 14 and I made a 100% improvement. At 14 I learned to cope with the ADHD on my own. But now 11 years later in the real world with many stresses, my ADHD had gotten worse then ever, to the point that my wife wanted to leave me because she couldn't handle it. I got my prescription back and my life is amazing.. 30mg IR 3x a day 1 in a.m 1 after lunch 1 on way home from work."

local 731 nyc January 8, 2016

For ADHD "I'm a 31yr old female, 5'4, 115lbs. I was 1st prescribed adderall in 2012, so I've taken it about 3 1/2 yrs. within that time there's ben a few situations that forced me 2 go with out meds for a week or more, which reminded me how much it helps! Without it I could sleep 18hrs for days & still be wanting 2 sleep an hr or so after getting up! I can sleep while taking it, but don't have the strong compulsion to. The first day taking it I've learned 2 only take half bc if not it feels like I'm on cocaine, even after just a week of not having it. But the 2nd day & thereafter is fine.I never experiencd any "comedown" like some ppl. The only negative is without it I get agitated easily & get on my own nerves when it comes 2 lack of concentration, forgetfulness,n sleeping 2 much."

hefferhog15 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 4, 2016

For ADHD "I have had ADHD all my life, very smart and talented but almost never motivated. I was an A student and could easily go down to F because lost interest quickly. Was emotional and failed at marriage and relationships. Adderall makes me accomplish so much in a day, I want to do everything. I'm not emotional, I focus, in a great mood. Be very careful with dosage, can be very harmful and addictive. Eat regularly, even when not hungry. I still don't sleep well on it, I have to try not taking it in late afternoon."

MilashkaNY (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 4, 2016

For ADHD "This drug was prescribed to after ritilin didn't work well. This medication helped my ADHD but the side affects were unbearable. Cotton mouth, irritability, anxiety, panic attacks. I seemed like the cons outweighed the pros. Much more successful than ritilin but not enough. My doctor decided to try Vyvanse, a new version of adderall with less side effects and better outcomes for treatment plus no crash after dinner "

Tkdninja December 9, 2015

For ADHD "My face breaks out in itchy blotchy spots and I never sleep"

Start with (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 6, 2015

For ADHD "Adderall has improved my life drastically! So drastically that I had to come on here and write about it. Since I have ADHD, simple tasks can be very hard for me. I'm 19 and just started working at a store and before being on it I was having trouble following directions and a manager even told me I needed extra training. Anyway, I managed to do well enough to not be asked to leave. Now that I'm on it I think my managers are sort of shocked at how productive I am. So much that the store manager even came up to me and said the other managers have told her that I've improved so much and become a very hard worker. On my last 2 anatomy exams I got a B. I'm able to focus and do things without giving up so easily."

Lizzzzzie96 November 30, 2015

For ADHD "I was once a procrastinating, underemployed, muscular 18 year old who was unsure of his future. My ADHD made it impossible to focus, my motivation was terrible, and I snapped on anyone over the smallest thing. I knew about Ritalin...also knew its excess side effects. Heard about Adderall and decided maybe I should speak with my PCF. He prescribed me Adderal, a pill that can either make or break you. If you have had ANY history of drug abuse AVOID IT. It took me a month to realize I was abusing it. I lost sleep, weight, gained a tolerance. When I decided I'd better let my wife handle my medication, she gave me my two IRs per day and still does. It helped alot. The medication is wonderful for ADHD but can very easily kill you if you abuse it"

Mudjugg66 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 13, 2015

For Narcolepsy "Took methylphenidate SR (Ritalin sustained release) 100 mgs a day for years for major depression, was still tired, could still sleep at anytime, but not too bad. Dr retired, new Doc doesn't want to prescribe that he switched script to Adderall 90 mgs a day. Worked at first but not well, now it is worthless. I can hardly get out of bed and it is almost impossible to stay awake all day. Did the Sleep Study a few weeks ago and Dx with Narcolepsy w/o cataplexy, prescribed Modafinil to take with the Adderall, a little better. In my case the Adderall must go. Very good that it works for others, as no one wants to feel like they are sleeping their life away."

Lily100% (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 31, 2015

For ADHD "I've been taking Adderall for roughly two years now,I could honestly say it helped me SO much.Having A.D.D my whole life, it completely made my life out of control.I only realized how much of my issues were connected to having A.D.D until l i took my medication,i cannot even explain.Its insane sometimes it even got me emotional thinking about it cause i would say to everyone around me "is this how people without ADD feel ?" and think wow i missed out on SO much.Luckily i could say everything has changed. Graduated highschool,found myself a job,totally different group of friends,even the way i interact and feel about myself TOTAL CHANGE. I would have gave it a 10/10 but my loss of appetite and could not sleep.sucks but pros over cons"

bambi88gbg October 22, 2015

For ADHD "I've been diagnosed with ADHD for many years my child hood was filled with lots of trouble. I've had more failing grades than I can count more referrals then most kids been kicked out of an amazing school and lost a full ride scholarship. I'm not blaming all these problems on being ADHD but not having self control for my actions is a big factor my doctor finally prescribed me to Adderall and the difference is cazy. I have been able to stay focused on school and all my classes for the first time in 6 years I am getting honor roll I have an interest in being in school. I'd recommend any one to give Adderall a try. It truly has made my life a lot easier by being able to stay focused."

dalton1324 October 7, 2015

For ADHD "Adderall IR had the same duration of action as Adderall XR for me. Both of them only had lasting effects for four hours and then quit."

InfiniteBravery (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 16, 2015

For ADHD "I was a failing student, failing math 2 times. In my junior year of high school I took Adderall for the first time, on the first day of the school year. The first day of taking it was astonishing. I was very concentrated in math class, and that's not it, I had a desire to learn once I got into class. My grades improved to the high 90 percentiles, which I never thought I'd accomplish. But there are side effects to taking Adderall. For me it's dizziness for about an hour in, headaches on occasion, and being very sleepy around afternoon. I urge parents who have kids with ADD/ADHD to let your kids try it out for a month. It might save their futures. You can skip doses as much as you like, so I don't take it on summer break or weekends."

I use Adderall Generic 20mg September 14, 2015

For Narcolepsy "I was taking 40mg of Adderall per day for ADD, before my Narcolepsy diagnosis. At that point the dose was raised to 30mg, 2 times per day. That dose helped a bit more with the ADD symptoms, but I'm still exhausted and sleep-walking thru my day. It does give me 4-5 hours to be productive and get my work/errands done before I crash again, around 3:30pm. I've been on Adderall for several years and at first it seemed like a miracle drug. On 20mg/day I felt awake for the first time in my life. But now, about 8 years later, I think my tolerance is way up, as the 60mg/day I take now is no where as effective as the 20mg was years ago. Until there is better treatment for Narcolepsy, Adderall is better than nothing."

SunnyDelite September 4, 2015

For ADHD "I've tried straterra, Dexedrine, Ritalin, vyvanse. I would take vyvanse but it's way too $$. Generic adderall has been the best as far as cost and effects. The only thing I have disliked is the connotation adderall has because I can tell some doctors are against it. I have had two doctors lecture me on how something else must be wrong because I take 75 mg daily. I tried to switch to the XR and lower my dose to 60mg, but insurance won't cover it. This medication has been really helpful for me, but I feel like I need it because without it I'm a wild ape (hyper, make silly noises, annoying). It keeps me calm and focused on the big picture. I would use modafilin if I could because the side effects are less pronounced, but again the price."

Octavian James September 1, 2015

For ADHD "So I was recently diagnosed with ADHD and am taking welbutrin however it wasn't doing enough so I requested to try a stimulant, specifically this one since the ratings are so high and predominately positive. Within minutes of taking 10mg the anxiety was... just wayy too much. I also didn't really know how to feel or what to do. It did help me with focusing...better than almost anything else I've tried. Then after that I went away about a half an hour later I started to feel better after I ate something. The remainder of the day I was so tired I just layed in bed. It works don't get me wrong but I just cant put my faith in an addictive/phisically dependant med. I stopped taking it. Gonna try strattera next"

Delila the Rav3n August 31, 2015

For ADHD "Could not focus at all before adderall. Took for 21 days aka 3 weeks and could finish task at hand, after 21 days focus doubled and I have taken on more tasks and can finish with time to spare and @ 100% no errors. It works."

The man with a plan (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2015

For ADHD "@Nishimaru2. I have the same problem your son does except mine is a bit...odd. If I'm not watching what I'm doing I'll find myself in the bathroom plucking facial hairs with tweezers. Weird, I know but only on Adderall."

GimmeAnESP (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 24, 2015

For ADHD "I was diagnosed with A.D.D and I've been using Adderall for just over 2 years now. My 9th year of school I finished with a very low GPA just over a 1.0 and finished most of my classes with either Fs or Ds but this past year that I was able to get my medicine I was awarded AB Honorle And passing every class with an A except 2 Bs. The mass improvement of my ability to focus and actually want to work actually made the principal think I was cheating since i've had such a bad school record (For grades)"

Dielawn (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 10, 2015