User Reviews for Adderall

Learn more about Adderall.

Narcolepsy 19 reviews 13 medications

8.8
ADHD 140 reviews 62 medications

8.5
Summary of Adderall reviews 159 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Adderall

Review by AwakeWill: User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: It makes a huge difference in my day! I hate having to take something everyday to stay awake and alert but better then living in the fog I was in the past 8 years of my life (6 of which I didn't even notice they were side effects of something bigger haha.) Things you may notice while taking Adderall with narcolepsy, 1.You are stop being a shut in 2. You actually start calling your friends to do something instead of getting harassed till you finally cave and do something. 3. You're better at work and all of a sudden care about your job. 4. You are grinding your jaw. 5. Stop grinding your jaw. and finally 6. Work with your doctor for the right dosage! There will be a bit of dancing between cracked out and half asleep till you find it.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 14, 2014 6:11 AM
Review by G money: User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: It's great grades came up from straight F's to B & C's.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 13, 2014 2:50 PM
Review by 2nd chance at life: User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I always knew I was different from everyone else. I was very quiet and shy. But in my mind I couldn't shut up. My mind was loud. In class I could never stop fidgeting, playing with my hair, scratching an itch, doodling on notebooks. I wondered why nobody else squirmed around like me. At 24 I was diagnosed with ADD. Adderall is life changing. I'm finally normal. I feel like everyone else. My mind is at ease. I am in charge of my thoughts. I can have genuine conversations with people without my mind wondering. I am finally happy after years of struggles. I am organized and more peaceful.

March 10, 2014 10:51 AM
Review by streetdoc85 (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Very effective in treating ADHD.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 18, 2014 11:54 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I have been taking it for several years. There was a time about a year ago when all the Pharmacies could not get any and I went about a month without. Being a Service Advisor, I deal with a lot of numbers (Vin, License Plates, etc.). After a few days without, I started reversing a lot of the numbers. I would see the correct order but would say out loud or write down a reversed version. I had to go slower and double check what I had written. A positive side effect is it gets me off the couch on the day(s) I have off and motivates me to get stuff done around the house that needs to be done. It kept me up at night at first, but after awhile, I learned not to take it too late in the day. I would recommend it to anyone who has ADHD.

January 28, 2014 2:46 PM
Review by simbo: User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: It was like a light bulb went on in my brain.

January 25, 2014 2:59 PM
Review by SamIAm420 (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Lost about 60 pounds, was a bit concerned, and I had to force myself to eat sometimes.

December 21, 2013 7:33 PM
Review by pnj89 (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I've taken Adderall for 2 years. The first 6 months, worked very well. Balanced me out, kept me focused & side effects were minimal. But, the efficiency of Adderall has really gone down in my experience. I often find myself hyper focusing on things I don't need to & the side effects have gotten much worse. Insomnia, horrible dry mouth (= more cavities), I get antsy & shaky at times & I also feel I've become dependent on it. Next doctors appointment, I will be asking to switch out to something else. Its a good medicine at first, but understand that many of the great reviews are likely written by newer Adderall users.

November 25, 2013 3:43 PM
Review by emie_13: User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Keeps you focused. However when it wears off I can't sleep till 6 hours later.

November 21, 2013 4:30 AM
Review by Joseg123: User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: In school I could not focus and went through bad moments that I will never forget. Writing this I can still picture all of those who made disgusting gestures because I would leave group projects 1/2 way. Through high school I was in the verge of failing, although, my commitment and dedication to reach the dream of going to college, kept me strong.

November 17, 2013 9:57 PM
Review by Biote (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: I've been on adderall for six months for narcolepsy. It has given me a life back. It has helped my severe daytime sleepiness by about 80 %. There are times if I'm really really tired that I can tell the med doesnt help. But mostly it is excellent. The only thing I don't like about it is the crash after the med wears off. I can tell a huge difference. And it is also disappointing that I have to take meds to stay awake each day. But overall, I would say I'm very thankful for it.

November 11, 2013 12:47 AM
Review by Jenn95: User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I liked how focused it made me however if I was agitated it made it worse

October 29, 2013 3:19 PM
Review by joeyy (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Hyper focused, dry mouth. Both this and Straterra put me into state of manic. Used Depakote 750mg for mental balance.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 12, 2013 7:13 PM
Review by skittles1215: User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I've taken Vyvanse extended release and Adderall extended release. I didn't like the mood swings and irritability I suffered when they would wear off. My doctor has since put me on Adderall immediate release 30 milligram tablets twice a day. I've taken these tablets for 2 years now and love that I can focus and I am not having mood swings or irritable at all. I have experienced dry mouth and some jitters as well as trouble sleeping. I take Ambien to sleep and it is no longer an issue. I have to take a vitamin supplement due to a huge weight loss though. I was over weight when I started Adderall and now am at a healthy weight and maintaining that weight without issue.

October 6, 2013 5:20 PM
Review by RedFiona: User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: After 37 years of knowing something wasn't right with my brain, I was diagnosed with ADHD, Inattentive Type in grad school and was prescribed Adderall. Where do I start??? This medication literally changed my life. Imagine being a "gifted" kid who eventually could barely pass middle school math - that's me. After a lifetime of compensating for my "slow processing," hiding my disorganization, and pretending to be on the same page with everyone else, this explains everything. Adderall has made a NIGHT AND DAY difference in my motivation level, what I understand and follow, and even my mood/emotional reactivity. In a word, amazing. If I ever meet the people who "discovered" Adderall, I'm kissing them - my husband agrees.

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 5, 2013 2:48 PM
Review by Cherrycher: User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Finally I was diagnosed with ADD as an adult after struggling my whole life with ADD. I was put on Adderall and my life changed 100% for the better. I think this is a wonderful medication for those with ADD!

September 21, 2013 8:42 AM
Review by Jojomac57 (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I'm a 57 year old male that has been clean and in recovery for ten years now. I have abstained from anything stronger than aspirin the whole time. Chronic pain had made it necessary to begin a closely monitored treatment schedule, but I was still losing a lot of focus on tasks at work and any motivation for anything but sleeping at home. After talking to the doctor we added 20mg Adderal 3 times a day. The difference has been amazing. I normally work pretty long hours and had been having trouble staying awake in the morning going to work and evenings going home. No more. Properly scheduling the doses keeps me active and focused my entire day. Didn't take long to find out that it increased energy and desire in other areas also. All others.

September 21, 2013 12:26 AM
Review by Jason407: User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I am prescribed Adderall XRs. I am only on 30 mg once a day and my Dr won't increase it. The medication definitely makes me motivated, have energy, and feel a nice since of well-being. I am concerned with a few side effects I get almost every time. I get numb on the left side of my neck and in my shoulder. I also get really cold feet and my toes look purple with very slow capillary refill. I also already had a sleep problem before all this, so my nights are always pretty restless.

September 20, 2013 10:09 PM
Review by Roofie91: User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Great medication. I was doing tasks again and talking to people again. The only down side is I want something more 24hrs. The instant release tabs had peaks and after the peaks I would have massive anxiety and the same was with the extended release. It's a great medicine but not for me.

September 14, 2013 12:59 AM
Review by AleeD (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: I just started Adderall 10 mg for a new diagnosis of narcolepsy. This is the first time I have ever stayed awake through a movie, and been able to sit and read without nodding off. I am still my normal, calm self. But I just do not have the compulsion to sleep. Very helpful.

July 30, 2013 1:35 AM
Review by Ronanklan: User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: This is a great medicine for focus but it has a downside to it as well. It can cause chest pains. So you must be careful with usage.

July 29, 2013 9:50 AM
Review by Kld (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: For 5 years I suffered from hypothyroidism which turned out to be Hashimotos. Which I take thyroid (natural thyroid medication). Once my thyroid was under control myself and doctor were confused on why I was so tired. I would have seizures when I was completely exhausted. Very scary! They thought I had panic attacks but not so! The seizures were all part narcolepsy which apparently can mask under hypothyroidism. I now take 30mg of Adderall XR a day. It is not enough but just really happy I can get through the day without feeling like someone has given me a bottle of sleeping pills. Adderall is my wonder pill and no side effects.

July 22, 2013 1:52 PM
Review by Heff84 (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Adderall in my opinion is a "Miracle"! I am prescribed the (IR) 30mg strength, three times a day. Adderall I feel has significantly improved my quality of life.

July 3, 2013 1:41 AM
Review by Heff84 (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: Adderall in my opinion is a "Miracle"! I am prescribed the (IR) 30mg strength, three times a day. Adderall I feel has significantly improved my quality of life.

July 3, 2013 1:36 AM
Review by amlund (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I am almost 50 yr old female just, diagnosed with ADD/ADHD. In elementary school super bright but would finish my work quickly and disrupt the rest of the class. I was never considered hyper just a little "naughty" and disrupted. Now looking back as things in my life have become more disruptive as I age. Couldn't hold a job lately, drink too much etc. I have the Adderral now and that's great. However, when I read about it not working or it becomes less effective, I get nervous because I don't want to be that disruptive unemployable person. I met a Doctor who has ADD as well. He found that simple blood hormone test and restoring your levels can assist in using less medication, making the medication more effective and less side effects.

June 12, 2013 11:59 AM