User Reviews for Adderall

Learn more about Adderall.

Narcolepsy 21 reviews 13 medications

8.6
ADHD 145 reviews 62 medications

8.5
Summary of Adderall reviews 166 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Adderall

Review by Soulsaviver (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For ADHD: Adderall has been a blessing to me. I take 30mg twice a day and my thinking has become so much more clear. I am now able to pay attention and absorb what is going on around me. I have had no negative side effects except for an occasional night where it might take me an extra 30 minutes to fall asleep. I still have a healthy appetite since taking Adderall. This medicine has made my life so much better.

July 8, 2014 6:52 PM

For Narcolepsy: Does not work well for me.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 7, 2014 1:22 AM

Review by Joe King:

For ADHD: I have ran the gauntlet of ADD meds, starting with Concerta then tried Vyvance which worked well in the beginning, then my Dr switched to Adderall XR, then to I R, which works best for me I take 20mg twice a day definitely helps with non stop thinking, racing thoughts, and just simply getting motivated. I have been on the IR for about a year and the highs are finally outweighing the lows. 39 years old and can see light at the end of the tunnel.

July 6, 2014 11:27 AM

Review by Evan S (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For ADHD: I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was 6 yrs old and pretty much just learned to deal with it until age 14. When I started 8th grade, my parents put me on the meds and I absolutely love it! I'm so much more successful! Plus I feel better about myself as a person. I don't know how I went all those years without it. Its definitely made my life better.

June 22, 2014 11:15 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

I started Adderall at age 17. I've been taking it about 3 years. I have slight to moderate ADD, and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Narcolepsy. Adderall helped me be productive, get back to work and school, and maintain a social life. I often try to do too many things at once and get overwhelmed. The "high" is great, you feel on top of the world. But the crash is horrible! If I miss a dose, I can't get out of bed that day. On normal days, I can function well until the dose wears off. The loss of appetite isn't good, and it takes a while to get it back. I lost 40lbs in my first two months, which cause dizziness, fainting, agitation, and all that other great stuff that happens when you can't eat. I started off on 5mg, then 10mg, then 25mg.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 18, 2014 2:04 PM

Review by nikko34 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For ADHD: Should have started with Adderall at first. My eight year old son is doing good.

June 5, 2014 6:10 PM

Review by RyGuy v2:

For ADHD: When I was diagnosed with ADHD in the 3rd grade they put me on Adderall and then I became a person I was not. I had social anxiety but got exceptionally good grades in school where others failed. Adderall changes your personality and was the worst 12 years of my life, I had no friends because engaging in conversation was nearly impossible. It traps your thoughts in a prison of your mind and suppresses any creativity.

May 14, 2014 10:57 PM

Review by Obsessivelycuriousstill:

Just started. Feels geeky and doesn't last long. Need clorazepate and propanolol to calm down. Definite crash. But reduces fear and sleepiness and increases confidence and heart rate. 10 mg IR. Not sure will continue, nurse practitioner said call after 30 days.

May 6, 2014 3:16 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more):

For Narcolepsy: Insurance didn't cover the Extended Release (XR) form, so I was taking multiple regular Adderall pills a day. It was pretty obvious that they worked, but over time, I developed a tolerance that made me need to take one every 2-3 hours, rather than the standard 4-6. Only side effect was feet so cold, they tingled.

April 28, 2014 10:23 AM

Review by AwakeWill:

For Narcolepsy: It makes a huge difference in my day! I hate having to take something everyday to stay awake and alert but better then living in the fog I was in the past 8 years of my life (6 of which I didn't even notice they were side effects of something bigger haha.) Things you may notice while taking Adderall with narcolepsy, 1.You are stop being a shut in 2. You actually start calling your friends to do something instead of getting harassed till you finally cave and do something. 3. You're better at work and all of a sudden care about your job. 4. You are grinding your jaw. 5. Stop grinding your jaw. and finally 6. Work with your doctor for the right dosage! There will be a bit of dancing between cracked out and half asleep till you find it.

April 14, 2014 6:11 AM

Review by G money:

For ADHD: It's great grades came up from straight F's to B & C's.

March 13, 2014 2:50 PM

Review by 2nd chance at life:

For ADHD: I always knew I was different from everyone else. I was very quiet and shy. But in my mind I couldn't shut up. My mind was loud. In class I could never stop fidgeting, playing with my hair, scratching an itch, doodling on notebooks. I wondered why nobody else squirmed around like me. At 24 I was diagnosed with ADD. Adderall is life changing. I'm finally normal. I feel like everyone else. My mind is at ease. I am in charge of my thoughts. I can have genuine conversations with people without my mind wondering. I am finally happy after years of struggles. I am organized and more peaceful.

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 10, 2014 10:51 AM

Review by streetdoc85 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For ADHD: Very effective in treating ADHD.

February 18, 2014 11:54 AM

For ADHD: I have been taking it for several years. There was a time about a year ago when all the Pharmacies could not get any and I went about a month without. Being a Service Advisor, I deal with a lot of numbers (Vin, License Plates, etc.). After a few days without, I started reversing a lot of the numbers. I would see the correct order but would say out loud or write down a reversed version. I had to go slower and double check what I had written. A positive side effect is it gets me off the couch on the day(s) I have off and motivates me to get stuff done around the house that needs to be done. It kept me up at night at first, but after awhile, I learned not to take it too late in the day. I would recommend it to anyone who has ADHD.

January 28, 2014 2:46 PM

Review by simbo:

For ADHD: It was like a light bulb went on in my brain.

January 25, 2014 2:59 PM

Review by SamIAm420 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For ADHD: Lost about 60 pounds, was a bit concerned, and I had to force myself to eat sometimes.

December 21, 2013 7:33 PM

Review by pnj89 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For ADHD: I've taken Adderall for 2 years. The first 6 months, worked very well. Balanced me out, kept me focused & side effects were minimal. But, the efficiency of Adderall has really gone down in my experience. I often find myself hyper focusing on things I don't need to & the side effects have gotten much worse. Insomnia, horrible dry mouth (= more cavities), I get antsy & shaky at times & I also feel I've become dependent on it. Next doctors appointment, I will be asking to switch out to something else. Its a good medicine at first, but understand that many of the great reviews are likely written by newer Adderall users.

November 25, 2013 3:43 PM

Review by emie_13:

For ADHD: Keeps you focused. However when it wears off I can't sleep till 6 hours later.

November 21, 2013 4:30 AM

Review by Joseg123:

For Narcolepsy: In school I could not focus and went through bad moments that I will never forget. Writing this I can still picture all of those who made disgusting gestures because I would leave group projects 1/2 way. Through high school I was in the verge of failing, although, my commitment and dedication to reach the dream of going to college, kept me strong.

November 17, 2013 9:57 PM

Review by Biote (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Narcolepsy: I've been on adderall for six months for narcolepsy. It has given me a life back. It has helped my severe daytime sleepiness by about 80 %. There are times if I'm really really tired that I can tell the med doesnt help. But mostly it is excellent. The only thing I don't like about it is the crash after the med wears off. I can tell a huge difference. And it is also disappointing that I have to take meds to stay awake each day. But overall, I would say I'm very thankful for it.

November 11, 2013 12:47 AM

Review by Jenn95:

For ADHD: I liked how focused it made me however if I was agitated it made it worse

October 29, 2013 3:19 PM

Review by joeyy (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For ADHD: Hyper focused, dry mouth. Both this and Straterra put me into state of manic. Used Depakote 750mg for mental balance.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 12, 2013 7:13 PM

Review by skittles1215:

For ADHD: I've taken Vyvanse extended release and Adderall extended release. I didn't like the mood swings and irritability I suffered when they would wear off. My doctor has since put me on Adderall immediate release 30 milligram tablets twice a day. I've taken these tablets for 2 years now and love that I can focus and I am not having mood swings or irritable at all. I have experienced dry mouth and some jitters as well as trouble sleeping. I take Ambien to sleep and it is no longer an issue. I have to take a vitamin supplement due to a huge weight loss though. I was over weight when I started Adderall and now am at a healthy weight and maintaining that weight without issue.

October 6, 2013 5:20 PM

Review by RedFiona:

For ADHD: After 37 years of knowing something wasn't right with my brain, I was diagnosed with ADHD, Inattentive Type in grad school and was prescribed Adderall. Where do I start??? This medication literally changed my life. Imagine being a "gifted" kid who eventually could barely pass middle school math - that's me. After a lifetime of compensating for my "slow processing," hiding my disorganization, and pretending to be on the same page with everyone else, this explains everything. Adderall has made a NIGHT AND DAY difference in my motivation level, what I understand and follow, and even my mood/emotional reactivity. In a word, amazing. If I ever meet the people who "discovered" Adderall, I'm kissing them - my husband agrees.

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 5, 2013 2:48 PM

Review by Cherrycher:

For ADHD: Finally I was diagnosed with ADD as an adult after struggling my whole life with ADD. I was put on Adderall and my life changed 100% for the better. I think this is a wonderful medication for those with ADD!

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 21, 2013 8:42 AM