User Reviews for Amphetamine / dextroamphetamine

Also known as: Adderall, Adderall XR

Learn more about Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine.

Fatigue 13 reviews 0 medications

Narcolepsy 38 reviews 15 medications

8.9
ADHD 306 reviews 32 medications

8.6
Summary of Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine reviews 357 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Wellbutrin did nothing for me and Strattera caused erectile dysfunction and significant sleep disorders. My doctor slowly increased my Adderall XR dosage until I hit the "sweet spot" which was 30mg for me. 40mg made me a little jittery and anxious. In the correct dosage Adderall has improved my quality of life with no side effects. I should note that if I miss a day I am fine but any longer without it and I become lethargic - so remember to refill your prescription as soon as you can so you don't run out. I take the generic of this drug and it works great."

CPDenver (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 28, 2015

For ADHD: "I have been taking 20 mg of Adderrall once a day in the AM, for about 6 months now. I started out at 5 mg and have increased to 20mg. I am 36, I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia about a year ago following what seemed like a million tests and lots of money later. My specialist put me on the drug after we talked about my issues of staying on task, memory, concentration, and inability to comprehend normal everyday activities and instructions. Looking back, I seem to think I have always had some sort if this "problem" but with this onset diagnosis, it has gotten a lot harder to focus. I feel it will only get worse over time. I was curious if anyone has ever taken this medication for this particular DX or can give any advice? Has it helped? Thanks"

Blondegirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2015

For Narcolepsy: "Together with Modafinil a functional combination for steady thinking, awareness, and attention to detail. Twenty mg of Amphetamine Salts with 400mg Modafinil upon waking, 20 mg Amphetsalts about 4 hours later. Modafinil 200 at about 3pm and 20mg Amphetsalts at around 5 p.m. A productive, positive and inclusive day was had by me and all around me. Narcolepsy/Cataplexy, ADD+- types as diagnosed up and down over many years, Modafinil supports the Hippocampus, the Salts drive a functioning Forebrain. Those combinations are open to a lifetime of adjustments, aging, quality of life as living requirement constant vigil to not do too much and do enough, working with Doctors who's joy is in mentoring and coaching you through those life changes."

Redhook 611 June 18, 2015

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I was diagnosed with A.D.D and I've been using Adderall for just over 2 years now. My 9th year of school I finished with a very low GPA just over a 1.0 and finished most of my classes with either Fs or Ds but this past year that I was able to get my medicine I was awarded AB Honorle And passing every class with an A except 2 Bs. The mass improvement of my ability to focus and actually want to work actually made the principal think I was cheating since i've had such a bad school record (For grades)"

Dielawn (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 10, 2015

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "My son had been on Adderall XR (25mg) for well over 6 years and it has really worked well for him. I would say the only side effect that was difficult to deal with was the lack of appetite. However, after hitting the teenage years it has fallen back into normal teenage young man trying to eat everything lol. On a very good note: my son finished his 8 th grade year with A's & B's as well as a 3.4 GPA and is now looking forward to attending high school in the fall."

Pleased mom (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 5, 2015

For ADHD: "Adderall can have a remarkable and immediate effect. I have heard it described as "like opening a window shade in a darkened room". Used in concert with counselling and dietary management, it can have very positive effects. I wish it had been given to me when I was young and struggling with my schooling!"

xstar (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 29, 2015

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I was diagnosed with ADHD unexpectedly when I started going to a counseling center a couple months ago, after I got in trouble for bringing marijuana to school. I was also diagnosed with severe depression and anxiety. I am 15 and this all came as one big unexpected shock to me. I felt useless and pathetic knowing this. I was put on medication for all of the mental disorders, including Adderall. I have always been a good student, but now I am actually able to focus in school and now, I'm excited about going to classes and doing homework. I actually feel like I'm worth something for once."

kristin1350 May 22, 2015

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Yes, this medication does work wonders, at first. Diagnosed ADHD (by a Psychiatrist) at the age of 26. The first 3 years it worked quite well and felt like a godsend. I took 5-6 days a week and my life demonstratively improved. Focus, completing tasks, mental clarity, improved self-esteem...life was good. Adderall, like other CNS stimulants, tend to become less effective after time and I noticed this more pronouncedly by my 5th year. At that point, I felt trapped by the drug and tried to stop. The problem was that even after a month or more without Adderall, none of discontinuation symptoms were improving. While I continue to use Adderall for maintenance, I derive little benefit. Be aware, the effects won't last indefinitely!"

Danatee May 20, 2015

For ADHD: "amazing"

thatonegirl1212 May 14, 2015

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "I'm a 52 yr. old male. I started taking Adderall about14 months ago. for the first 2 weeks I didn't notice much change then I noticed that when I took the medication in the morning suddenly I had a lot more energy and it seemed like I could concentrate better and not as agitated about life in general. I take me 2nd. dose at lunch time. The increase in my energy level was keeping me moving more during the day so it allowed me to rest better at night. Every morning when I wake I go straight for the Adderall. Overall I think Adderall has improved my quality of life and I think Adderall should be prescribed to the aged for the same effects. It's not going to work the same for all so close monitoring for 30 days on a 2per day 15mg.dose"

Thoughtfrullnessary May 10, 2015

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "I have narcolepsy and I take 20mg three times per day of quick release tabs. Mornings are great but mid to late afternoon I tend to nap and then take my last dose after last nap. Adderall helps great for keeping me awake and alert."

Chrisbce April 30, 2015

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I am only giving this a 7 because it definitely made a change in my ability to concentrate for long periods but it was not a pleasant experience. As soon as I took the medicine it would make me feel exhausted and tired. I would have to fight the tiredness to get any benefit out of it. By the end of the day I was drained. It also made me extra agitated. I couldn't focus on more than one thing at a time so when someone would distract me I would get very irritated. I also tensed up my muscles and had bad neck/bad pain. I switched to Ritalin but that was crap too. They put me on Vyvanse and it feels similar but less intense than adderall so we shall see."

Dee V (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 17, 2015

For ADHD: "I was diagnosed with ADD as a child and had been prescribed several medications including wellbutrin, nuerontin, and metadate. All proved ineffective (and the wellbutrin Damn near killed me). Finally I was introduced to Adderall. Adderall finally helped me focus while elevating my mood. I even became friendlier, because I was no longer frustrating myself trying to find the words I wanted to say. The side effects were mostly mild and went away once the medication built up in my system. Dry mouth, fidgeting, mild erectile dysfunction. Vasoconstriction was the only side effect that tended to linger, and I recently discovered the hard way that if you are experiencing vasoconstriction, it is wise to avoid heavy exertion."

bluecollah (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 8, 2015

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I have ADD caused by major depressive disorder and stimulants have done wonders for me! However, Adderall makes me feel very anxious and panicky, and I don't like it at all. It lasts a long time and sometimes I can't sleep at night because of it. Overall, it's an alright choice. Might switch back to Vyvanse"

cjoy79 (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2015

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "When I was in grade school I had a real hard time learning. I could not pay attention in class. My mind was always wandering. I was always daydreaming and looking out the windows, I could not retain any information. I was forgetful and bored. My grades were always C's and D's no matter how hard I tried. I was always fidgety, had a hard time sitting still, always twirling my hair or shaking my legs or feet. I hated school, I felt so dumb. As I got into high school I was so far behind I gave up trying. When I started driving I would go through red lights, stop signs etc. I was just daydreaming all the time. I kept losing my car keys, my glasses, forgetting where I put them. I am out of space, but Adderal saved my life! I am 59. No side effects"

Thinkbetter April 4, 2015

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I was diagnosed 8 yrs ago with ADD, at 45 I wish I'd had this info and medication. My life has changed for the better. I do notice a major difference in the pink 30 mg verses the orange. The pink ones make me feel like I'm a zombie. They also make me sad and I get red blotches over my body."

fred rubbel April 2, 2015

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Fatigue: "I just started Adderal 20mg about a week now. Before I was on 10 mg, not extended release, just tabs for (2) months. I'm always so tired. The higher dose helps me stay awake and function through my days. Glad something works, so far no side effects noted."

lady Ironworker April 1, 2015

For Fatigue: "I could cry with joy! I used to sleep all day, with crippling physical/mental fatigue. After 7 years of being ignored by MDs, I found a pdoc who takes me seriously. Prescribed Modafinil but insurance wouldn't p. auth. Ritalin lost effect after ~2 days. Adderall IR made me so angry I screamed/swore at people (I never do that). Progressed from 10mg XR in am to 30(currently). Kicks in after ~1 hour & keeps me awake/alert til evening. Also struggle with severe MDD & body dysmorphia & adderall gives me some hope & makes me hate the girl in the mirror less. Only side effects: slightly raised heart beat & loss of appetite. No trouble falling asleep. Please consider XR if you struggle with fatigue/MDD & your pdoc thinks it's a good idea."

Roebie March 28, 2015

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Once getting on adderall I found it gave me just enough euphoria to put down everything from alcohol to opiates, while giving me the drive and ambition to seek an engineering degree. I must warn people adderall is a stimulant, it's out of your body rather quickly (1-2 days) so addiction in the "physical withdrawal" sense is not much, although years of taking it will keep you relying on it -that's a PROMISE. Depending on the dosage you'll be severely lethargic and wind up sleeping a few days. Beware of the day's end, you'll likely need something to sleep, or relax which can cause problems. Despite the caution, you'll be a morning person and love it, just remember the word "moderation" and you'll be a new you!"

BeenThereDoneToomuch7 March 22, 2015

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "It made me more nervous than usual. It is less stimulating than Adderall IR. I decided to switch to Ritalin."

Parker2015 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 16, 2015

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I started it a few days ago. It helps me stay focused and less anxious in public situations."

Poolman56 (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2015

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I was diagnosed with ADHD at eight . I was put on Ritalin then. Awful stuff. That turned me away from taking anything for years. I started taking adderall xl at the age of twenty-seven. I didn't notice a change until my doc raised my dosage from 20 to 25mg. My work was better. Heck my life turned around. I finished projects I started. I payed attention. I remembered little things that use to evade me. Like names, where I put things, and what I was just doing. I also noticed I wasn't as depressed. I could sleep better. Just do not take xl late or sleeping may be difficult. One thing and I can't stress enough. If you have a loved one who is on or going to be on adderall. It is addictive. Watch for the signs of abuse. Monitor teens."

Jefery February 26, 2015

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "My son took this medicine for more than a month we don't like the side effect he never stop biting his fingers, excessive nasal discharges he end up with more problems than benefits."

Nishimaru2 February 24, 2015

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "This medicine is great for adhd but does not work for everyone in fact it made me feel angry,increased anxiety I've been dealing with and can kind of depress you i recommend adderall xr (even tho i stopped it) because ADHD is challenging and this medication made me very focused, like robot focused it was great! but i had to switch to prozac cause it gave me worse anxiety, if you have a problem with anxiety i don't recommend it,there are plenty your doctor can prescribe that don't have as much side effects. but all in out this medicine is great for treating ADHD good luck!"

Melvin am (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 22, 2015

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "This medication has changed my life. I was prescribed Adderall due to ADHD and chronic fatigue and it has greatly improved my quality of life in regards to both diagnosis. I am on a very small dose and have room to take more on particularly bad days, but 10mg on a regular, daily basis is the perfect amount for me."

lilbitofmadness (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 18, 2015