User Reviews for Amphetamine / dextroamphetamine

Also known as: Adderall, Adderall XR

Learn more about Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine.

Fatigue 16 reviews 0 medications

8.8
Narcolepsy 41 reviews 15 medications

8.8
ADHD 361 reviews 36 medications

8.4
Summary of Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine reviews 418 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine

For ADHD: "This brand makes me nauseous, sluggish, I feel very disconnected and unfocused"

Sapphire64 April 29, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I was on Adderall XR 20 mg for about 6 months, and then developed hives. Could've been the bottle, could've been a delayed reaction (sulfa allergies). I don't know, but it was perfect until then. Decreased appetite, yes, but that's not negative as far as I'm concerned. Doc switched me to Vyvanse XR, and I can tell you that while you will focus, it's not as focused as when on Adderall (at least for me). Decreased appetite but nothing like with Adderall. I've also been on Evekeo (10 mg) tablet. I've only tried that once, and while it will definitely stimulate you (closer to Adderall), I find there's really not hyper focus. Just a lot of movement and staying awake. If you haven't tried it yet, I would go with Adderall XR first."

Multiple Tries (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 25, 2016

For Narcolepsy: "I was ready for the nut house, when finally diagnosed with narcolepsy. I would need to take a 10-15 min nap every 45 min. I would start feeling like throwing up and fainting. I had losed my ability to function, think or anything else. I could not drive, as I would nod out constantly, within the first mile. I could not even do basic thought process like addition/subtraction in my head. After the first dose, I felt immediately better. I could make it thru a normal day, without falling asleep. Even better, my thought process came back. I could figure things out, understand things. and I could drive without nodding out. I have been on this for a year. same dosage, I stop for a day or two every 3 mths. as instructions say."

old lady got the blues April 19, 2016

For ADHD: "I've been dealing with fatigue for yrs now and even if I'll sleep early I will still feel tired. Then I went back to school and I've been noticing that I just can't focus into what I'm studying and there's just too many darn freaking thoughts in my head and I will day dream or zone out at time in the mid of studying. I will jump from doing one thing jn my life to another just coz I feel exited about it. I like excitement so much that I keep loosing track of things! I asked my friend to give me two capsules to try n see what it will do to me and God it just feels like it opened up a new world of having organized thoughts and focus. I took 10mg went to doc got me an rx and now I'll see how to feel normal. if I had known... missed allot of yrs"

cookiecrumbs (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "ADD is NOT a made up condition. I'm 26. Without Adderall/Vyvanse, i have no mental energy or focus to do anything. And it has been this way my entire life. School has gone from being an F and D student to being an A and B student. It has nothing to do with "being lazy" and everything to do with having a real chemical imbalance in the brain. Anyways, have been full time for 2 years until 7 weeks ago I convinced myself it wasn't working anymore and I didn't need it. Big mistake! I am ready to start up again next week. I can feel the old me come back, the me I hated. If you truly have ADD/ADHD, this will change your life for the better. Some negatives are sleeping less, decreased apatite, and often weak erections on it (despite high libido)"

Matt88 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 3, 2016

For ADHD: "I got generic amphetamine salts 30mg and it is not working at all. Is their any bad batches I don't no about its manufactor is tiva I think its orange and useless"

kate123456987 April 1, 2016

For ADHD: "I seem to not be able to focus as well on this as I did on my 20mg adderral but at the same time it didn't last very long, not even close to all day, but its only been 6 weeks so I'm hopeful this will work out!"

slick willy (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2016

For ADHD: "Just took my first pill, 10mg. 54 y.o male who's been aware of "not being able to focus" all of my life. No one ever mentioned or even thought to check for ADD (boy did that cost me). I've had impulsive behavior issues that actually got me locked up more than once. I'm a talented artist and I've blown/lost many great opportunities because of my issues.I can NEVER complete a task or project. I have so many "open" art projects it's crazy. I've lost and destroyed 99% of every relationship I've ever had. I have a degree in special ed, and for years I still didn't make the connection between my issues and ADD...until recently. I sought a doctor, and now, we're on the way... I'm excited, and scared. Will let you know what happens."

LeoArt March 7, 2016

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I suffer from a fairly severe case of ADHD, and take 30 mg Adderall XR daily. Having been on this medication for quite a few years now and taking an almost 7 month break from Adderall, I've gained a better understanding of myself both on and off the drug. Adderall gives me a balance in every sense of the word. It helps me regulate my emotions, gives me the focus I lack, and allows me to feel whole inside. I also feel that it helps me with connecting to others. With impulsivity as a main symptom of my ADHD and one that gets me in a lot of trouble, Adderall helps me to be more mindful when I am communicating myself to the people that I care about. Aside from the mild appetite suppression, this drug really does wonders for people like me."

Courtpie447 March 3, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I started taking this when I was 17. I was struggling in school, barely passing my main subjects. Within 10 days of taking Adderall, I could tell it started to work. I could concentrate on listening to my teachers. My brain slowed down enough where I could do my homework. It all started to make sense. My self-esteem improved with my grades improving to 85's and above within 6 months. Side effects have been loss of appetite, not needing to sleep as much. Unfortunately, I've had bright red blood in my stool this past month. It also happened about 6 months ago. I will be discussing with my doctor."

coco123457 February 28, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I am currently 18 years old, and I was diagnosed with severe anxiety and depression when I was 13 years old, and I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was 14. I currently use Vyvanse for my ADHD, and it has improved my life so much. I went from always zoning out and failing classes, to becoming a straight A student again, and I have been able to connect with my family so much more. I also use Prozac for my anxiety, and there does not seem to be any issues with my anxiety flaring up, however there is a noticeable difference when I only use Prozac and not Vyvanse. I also have lost some appetite for eating but I still eat enough to satisfy my body. Sleeping isn't a huge issue, as I usually take it around 6:00am each morning."

Matt4699 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 26, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Didn't really do much to help, after around 7 months, it dosn't do anything"

ImpulsiveIsMyMiddleName (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 26, 2016

For ADHD: "Just about totally useless. The only benefit I got from taking this specific manufacturers generic Adderall was that it kept me from feeling the "withdrawal". Other than that, nothing. I had no focus (which obviously I need help with focus or I wouldn't be on Adderall), I couldn't sit still (another reason why I'm on Adderall) and I was very shaky. I am so lost on how 2 generics for the same name brand drug can be so different; one having the same effects as the name brand and the other absolutely useless. I might as well be popping Tic-Tacs. From now on when I go to get my refill I request the generic from Teva. Those are spot on!"

Fullservicesally February 25, 2016

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Many doctors seem to be convinced that if you have an AD disorder, you simply can't get high on stimulant medications. This is NOT the case at all. First off, stimulant medications in general work well... very very well. The first day I took adderall I was at school. About an hour after I took my dose of 20mgs I started to feel this awake, alert, energetic feeling inside. I liked, a lot. For the next 5 hours all of my boring subjects became very interesting and I became a very social person. After about a month, those effects started to go away. I went to the doc and asked for a dose increase. Without any hesitation, he DOUBLED my dose to 40mg. I quickly found my self abusing adderall. 1 year later and I'm now in rehab for drug abuse."

michael santos February 19, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I wasn't diagnosed with ADHD until my 30s. I am now 47. My biggest struggle is trying to stay awake, focused and on task. On Adderall I was finally able to organize all the billions of thoughts racing around in my head and focus in on the tasks at hand. Downside - as the years went on I went from 5 mg 2x a day to 20 mg 2x a day over a period of 10 or so years. I ended up getting off because I started feeling very hot all the time - shorts in 40 degree weather was comfortable for me. The other problem was I was starting to sleep 12 hours a day (work from home so literally worked, slept, ate, slept)- this resolved after stopping the Adderall. Loved how kept me efficient in tasking but extreme fatigue forced me to find another alternative"

Anonymous February 19, 2016

For ADHD: "I began taking adderrall XR generic and it has helped so much. I take 20 mg and it has helped me become so clear. I'm able to hear things and pay attention at work. I only take it when I work (three times a week) and it just helps me keep myself together. No more forgetting stuff and appearing incompetent. It works for my severe adhd and I am so happy I finally have a solution. It has even calmed my anxiety. Helped me tremendously."

Demshade (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 17, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I knew I struggled with ADD in college but refused to go on medication because of the stigma associated with Adderall. My father has ADD as well and refused medications. Now at 56 he is homeless, can't hold down a job, can't control his finances, health, or any responsibilities. When I graduated college and started my full-time job I realized that I was heading towards the same path as my pops. I love my job and am very passionate about it, but following instructions or staying on task during an 8 hour work day was IMPOSSIBLE. 5mg of XR/day (2x on my v. busy days) saved my job and life! I feel like I finally have a clutch to support me with my disability now. It has improved every aspect of my life: social, financial, academic, etc."

Sof (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 11, 2016

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I have MDD, GAD, and ADHD. The worse trifecta in my opinion. The reason why is because when I start treating one disorder the others get worse. Well I had gotten my MDD and GAD in check and on to treat my ADHD so I was given a very low dose of Adderall XR (10mg). It was way too over stimulating for me. I had so much anxiety that I couldn't even focus which is what Adderall is supposed to help you do. So I switched over to 5mg Adderall XR and while my anxiety didn't shoot up like the last dosage it still was ineffective."

Wibblet (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Hi everyone. I am 25 years old married with a 6 month old son. I was diagnosed with severe ADHD at the age of about 10...I'm talking horrible behavior, bad grades, constant moving, etc. my mother told the doctors no medicine at that age. Then around 12 my mother caved in and gave me the adderall, I hated bc of the instant side effects for me. I continued to take it until about 14 and I made a 100% improvement. At 14 I learned to cope with the ADHD on my own. But now 11 years later in the real world with many stresses, my ADHD had gotten worse then ever, to the point that my wife wanted to leave me because she couldn't handle it. I got my prescription back and my life is amazing.. 30mg IR 3x a day 1 in a.m 1 after lunch 1 on way home from work."

local 731 nyc January 8, 2016

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Ughh I'm so depressed reading the positive reviews (I'm a bit envious I guess) but I take the adderal XR for ADHD and it would work for me for only an hour and that's it after that I would be a zombie. So tired, no motivation. Bed ridden to be honest. I'm devastated it works for so many people. I had such high hopes. Back to the scratch board again. I didn't want to believe it was the medicine because of all the positivity but it definitely is. Quite depressed."

Nicki9201987 January 7, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I'm a 31yr old female, 5'4, 115lbs. I was 1st prescribed adderall in 2012, so I've taken it about 3 1/2 yrs. within that time there's ben a few situations that forced me 2 go with out meds for a week or more, which reminded me how much it helps! Without it I could sleep 18hrs for days & still be wanting 2 sleep an hr or so after getting up! I can sleep while taking it, but don't have the strong compulsion to. The first day taking it I've learned 2 only take half bc if not it feels like I'm on cocaine, even after just a week of not having it. But the 2nd day & thereafter is fine.I never experiencd any "comedown" like some ppl. The only negative is without it I get agitated easily & get on my own nerves when it comes 2 lack of concentration, forgetfulness,n sleeping 2 much."

hefferhog15 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 4, 2016

For ADHD: "My 13 yr old brother is on a large dose of dextoamphetamine. I researched online more after he told me he felt dizzy from it and a few other things. I found he is on a hot pink round pill I think 40mg but not sure. He doesn't need pills, especially these ones, shoved down this throat. They say he's ADHD but I was diagnosed with it too and I was just hyper to leave testing and go to recess, but to them it meant I'm ADHD & need meds. What's the best mg for someone his age? What's also a good weaker effective pill he can try to switch to instead of this meth in pill form. Anyone help?he was born premature & lung collapsed too and he's on and off asthmatic so is this a danger to him on. "

Sister who cares (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 4, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I have had ADHD all my life, very smart and talented but almost never motivated. I was an A student and could easily go down to F because lost interest quickly. Was emotional and failed at marriage and relationships. Adderall makes me accomplish so much in a day, I want to do everything. I'm not emotional, I focus, in a great mood. Be very careful with dosage, can be very harmful and addictive. Eat regularly, even when not hungry. I still don't sleep well on it, I have to try not taking it in late afternoon."

MilashkaNY (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 4, 2016

For Fatigue: "Please be careful with this drug -- it is incredibly easy to abuse/get addicted to. However, chronic fatigue (CFS) has next to no treatments/cures, so my doctor started me on Adderall (instant release, 20mg) 2 years ago. (Note: I have never increased my dose and probably never will.) CFS can make you feel like a useless b/c you're so tired you feel useless to society. You feel like your life slips away from you slowly and you start to blame yourself and become depressed b/c of it. Adderall helps me to live and actually enjoy my life. I think we all deserve that much. Side effects for me are mild but: slight social awkwardness, decreased appetite, unstable blood sugar, fast heart beat, some anxiety, dry eyes. Still worth it for me."

Mara S. December 15, 2015

For ADHD: "Some are beads and some are powder. The powder doesn't work."

riteaid (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 13, 2015