User Reviews for Amphetamine / dextroamphetamine

Also known as: Adderall, Adderall XR

Learn more about Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine.

Narcolepsy 40 reviews 15 medications

8.8
Fatigue 16 reviews 0 medications

8.8
ADHD 345 reviews 36 medications

8.5
Summary of Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine reviews 401 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I have MDD, GAD, and ADHD. The worse trifecta in my opinion. The reason why is because when I start treating one disorder the others get worse. Well I had gotten my MDD and GAD in check and on to treat my ADHD so I was given a very low dose of Adderall XR (10mg). It was way too over stimulating for me. I had so much anxiety that I couldn't even focus which is what Adderall is supposed to help you do. So I switched over to 5mg Adderall XR and while my anxiety didn't shoot up like the last dosage it still was ineffective."

Wibblet (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Hi everyone. I am 25 years old married with a 6 month old son. I was diagnosed with severe ADHD at the age of about 10...I'm talking horrible behavior, bad grades, constant moving, etc. my mother told the doctors no medicine at that age. Then around 12 my mother caved in and gave me the adderall, I hated bc of the instant side effects for me. I continued to take it until about 14 and I made a 100% improvement. At 14 I learned to cope with the ADHD on my own. But now 11 years later in the real world with many stresses, my ADHD had gotten worse then ever, to the point that my wife wanted to leave me because she couldn't handle it. I got my prescription back and my life is amazing.. 30mg IR 3x a day 1 in a.m 1 after lunch 1 on way home from work."

local 731 nyc January 8, 2016

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Ughh I'm so depressed reading the positive reviews (I'm a bit envious I guess) but I take the adderal XR for ADHD and it would work for me for only an hour and that's it after that I would be a zombie. So tired, no motivation. Bed ridden to be honest. I'm devastated it works for so many people. I had such high hopes. Back to the scratch board again. I didn't want to believe it was the medicine because of all the positivity but it definitely is. Quite depressed."

Nicki9201987 January 7, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I'm a 31yr old female, 5'4, 115lbs. I was 1st prescribed adderall in 2012, so I've taken it about 3 1/2 yrs. within that time there's ben a few situations that forced me 2 go with out meds for a week or more, which reminded me how much it helps! Without it I could sleep 18hrs for days & still be wanting 2 sleep an hr or so after getting up! I can sleep while taking it, but don't have the strong compulsion to. The first day taking it I've learned 2 only take half bc if not it feels like I'm on cocaine, even after just a week of not having it. But the 2nd day & thereafter is fine.I never experiencd any "comedown" like some ppl. The only negative is without it I get agitated easily & get on my own nerves when it comes 2 lack of concentration, forgetfulness,n sleeping 2 much."

hefferhog15 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 4, 2016

For ADHD: "My 13 yr old brother is on a large dose of dextoamphetamine. I researched online more after he told me he felt dizzy from it and a few other things. I found he is on a hot pink round pill I think 40mg but not sure. He doesn't need pills, especially these ones, shoved down this throat. They say he's ADHD but I was diagnosed with it too and I was just hyper to leave testing and go to recess, but to them it meant I'm ADHD & need meds. What's the best mg for someone his age? What's also a good weaker effective pill he can try to switch to instead of this meth in pill form. Anyone help?he was born premature & lung collapsed too and he's on and off asthmatic so is this a danger to him on. "

Sister who cares (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 4, 2016

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I have had ADHD all my life, very smart and talented but almost never motivated. I was an A student and could easily go down to F because lost interest quickly. Was emotional and failed at marriage and relationships. Adderall makes me accomplish so much in a day, I want to do everything. I'm not emotional, I focus, in a great mood. Be very careful with dosage, can be very harmful and addictive. Eat regularly, even when not hungry. I still don't sleep well on it, I have to try not taking it in late afternoon."

MilashkaNY (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 4, 2016

For Fatigue: "Please be careful with this drug -- it is incredibly easy to abuse/get addicted to. However, chronic fatigue (CFS) has next to no treatments/cures, so my doctor started me on Adderall (instant release, 20mg) 2 years ago. (Note: I have never increased my dose and probably never will.) CFS can make you feel like a useless b/c you're so tired you feel useless to society. You feel like your life slips away from you slowly and you start to blame yourself and become depressed b/c of it. Adderall helps me to live and actually enjoy my life. I think we all deserve that much. Side effects for me are mild but: slight social awkwardness, decreased appetite, unstable blood sugar, fast heart beat, some anxiety, dry eyes. Still worth it for me."

Mara S. December 15, 2015

For ADHD: "Some are beads and some are powder. The powder doesn't work."

riteaid (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 13, 2015

For ADHD: "I was on the name brand adderall 20mg twice a day for years untill my pharmacist switched me the the BARR generic brand and now I'm having horrible mood swings, very irritable, can't seem to sleep at night and after my first dose in the morning I have a horrible come down that lasts all day and it doesn't matter if i take another pill or even two, they won't give me and energy or concentration!! This is the worst generic brand out there!! And I looked it up tons of people have the exact same issues with the BARR generic brand!! Make sure if your getting the generic that you ask you pharmacist if he or shes going to give you the barr brand cause you need to go to a different pharmacy!!!! Worthless horrible stuff!!!"

Not happy! (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 9, 2015

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "This drug was prescribed to after ritilin didn't work well. This medication helped my ADHD but the side affects were unbearable. Cotton mouth, irritability, anxiety, panic attacks. I seemed like the cons outweighed the pros. Much more successful than ritilin but not enough. My doctor decided to try Vyvanse, a new version of adderall with less side effects and better outcomes for treatment plus no crash after dinner "

Tkdninja December 9, 2015

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "My face breaks out in itchy blotchy spots and I never sleep"

Start with (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 6, 2015

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Adderall has improved my life drastically! So drastically that I had to come on here and write about it. Since I have ADHD, simple tasks can be very hard for me. I'm 19 and just started working at a store and before being on it I was having trouble following directions and a manager even told me I needed extra training. Anyway, I managed to do well enough to not be asked to leave. Now that I'm on it I think my managers are sort of shocked at how productive I am. So much that the store manager even came up to me and said the other managers have told her that I've improved so much and become a very hard worker. On my last 2 anatomy exams I got a B. I'm able to focus and do things without giving up so easily."

Lizzzzzie96 November 30, 2015

For ADHD: "Female 37 inattentive. Wow. Wish they knew when i was a kid.Life couldve been so different. This is so freaking nice to be functioning most of each day."

mvvvvvvv November 22, 2015

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I was once a procrastinating, underemployed, muscular 18 year old who was unsure of his future. My ADHD made it impossible to focus, my motivation was terrible, and I snapped on anyone over the smallest thing. I knew about Ritalin...also knew its excess side effects. Heard about Adderall and decided maybe I should speak with my PCF. He prescribed me Adderal, a pill that can either make or break you. If you have had ANY history of drug abuse AVOID IT. It took me a month to realize I was abusing it. I lost sleep, weight, gained a tolerance. When I decided I'd better let my wife handle my medication, she gave me my two IRs per day and still does. It helped alot. The medication is wonderful for ADHD but can very easily kill you if you abuse it"

Mudjugg66 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 13, 2015

For Fatigue: "Adderall gives me a normal amount of energy so that I am able to get out of bed and do some housework."

jennifer1128 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 12, 2015

For ADHD: "I was diagnosed with extreme ADHD a few years ago. The doctor prescribed these for me and I noticed a huge change in about 3 wks. I didn't realize how badly I needed this medication! You really suffer tremendously or at least I did for most of my life not only from anxiety and lack of focus plus couldn't multi-task. Definitely a big change for me in several ways and little side affects. I drink a lot of water which helps with this medicine and I never take it past 4 pm and it works amazing! Definitely recommend seeking this medicine out if you suffer from any of the issues I have my whole life!"

Mrs. OCD November 10, 2015

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Overall- I'd say that Adderall XR is better than Adderall IR. Sometimes I feel faint on Adderall XR. I can't take it every day because I get too tired. I have weird side effects with medications. I usually get all of the side effects when I take medications. I also have depression too. Hopefully, Dexedrine will work."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 1, 2015

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "Took methylphenidate SR (Ritalin sustained release) 100 mgs a day for years for major depression, was still tired, could still sleep at anytime, but not too bad. Dr retired, new Doc doesn't want to prescribe that he switched script to Adderall 90 mgs a day. Worked at first but not well, now it is worthless. I can hardly get out of bed and it is almost impossible to stay awake all day. Did the Sleep Study a few weeks ago and Dx with Narcolepsy w/o cataplexy, prescribed Modafinil to take with the Adderall, a little better. In my case the Adderall must go. Very good that it works for others, as no one wants to feel like they are sleeping their life away."

Lily100% (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 31, 2015

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Honestly taking adderall has help me very much. I no longer fight with others and I'm not overly sensitive anymore. Ever since I have been taking it my grades have gone up. Just a month I went from failing everything to passing all my classes. For me I don't have any negative side effects except one. When I drive alone at night sometimes I think I see something on my passenger floor move and it freaks me out immensely, but thats rare. Overall I my symptoms leave and go."

Nickname already in use October 27, 2015

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I've been taking Adderall for roughly two years now,I could honestly say it helped me SO much.Having A.D.D my whole life, it completely made my life out of control.I only realized how much of my issues were connected to having A.D.D until l i took my medication,i cannot even explain.Its insane sometimes it even got me emotional thinking about it cause i would say to everyone around me "is this how people without ADD feel ?" and think wow i missed out on SO much.Luckily i could say everything has changed. Graduated highschool,found myself a job,totally different group of friends,even the way i interact and feel about myself TOTAL CHANGE. I would have gave it a 10/10 but my loss of appetite and could not sleep.sucks but pros over cons"

bambi88gbg October 22, 2015

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I remember when I was 8 and put on glasses for the first time and was astounded that I could see each individual leaf. But I was more astounded that I had been living for years without that essential clarity. The first week taking Adderall XR was like that. At once I had realized just how disabled I was-- but also how capable I could be. Five months ago, I was on the brink of losing my retail job due to numerous register mistakes. After taking Adderall my sales numbers are stellar, and I feel like I can go back to college again. Only negative is the weight loss-- but since I was overweight anyway that side effect is just fine by me. Insomnia is an issue, but not overly frequently. Taking it immediately in the AM solves it."

cantos (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 9, 2015

For ADHD: "Since I have Chromic Pain & Attention Deficit, Blessed/Cursed I might even say, this med 20mg, 2/3 prn, I ( Find it Much) more Effective than other Amphetamines /or Other Meds that I have used. Again I Speak only for myself. 33 yrs. of trying different meds, I believe Validates me."

Checker 1 (taken for 10 years or more) October 8, 2015

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I've been diagnosed with ADHD for many years my child hood was filled with lots of trouble. I've had more failing grades than I can count more referrals then most kids been kicked out of an amazing school and lost a full ride scholarship. I'm not blaming all these problems on being ADHD but not having self control for my actions is a big factor my doctor finally prescribed me to Adderall and the difference is cazy. I have been able to stay focused on school and all my classes for the first time in 6 years I am getting honor roll I have an interest in being in school. I'd recommend any one to give Adderall a try. It truly has made my life a lot easier by being able to stay focused."

dalton1324 October 7, 2015

For ADHD: "I've been on generic Adderall 20mg for about 5 months now from Barr manufacturer and they worked great but I recently got a prescription filled that was made from Actavis pharmaceuticals and can't believe they're allowed to make and sell these worthless pills. I have been reading reviews on how worthless and ineffective Actavis brand generic Adderall is for 2 days. How has the FDA not checked into this? I have to take this cheap, fake crap for the next month or throw them away and deal with my ADHD symptoms full-on until I can get my next prescription."

Bluedevilangel October 5, 2015

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "It's been a blessing since being on adderall XR. I can think better and focus so I can succeed at a lot of things. Everyone with ADD should be on it."

Nba3 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 29, 2015