User Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine

Also known as: Adderall, Adderall XR

Learn more about Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine.

Fatigue 9 reviews 0 medications

8.6
Summary of Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine reviews 308 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine

Review by the kid902 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I was 23 when I was diagnosed with ADHD. Started Adderall, I take 30 mg of SR a day and the difference is phenomenal! I get up with ease because I know I can tackle all tasks with astounding motivation and actually enjoy doing tedious work. I am co-morbid with anxiety, rumination, and I was highly neurotic. I found myself aggressive, quick tempered, and easily abusing marijuana and alcohol. This all changed with Adderall, I am rational, reflect on situations in a positive light, and generally just a more helpful and kind person. Adderall completely saved my professional and personal life. Side note, it can cause erectile dysfunction but it will go away after your body is used to the cycle.

September 8, 2014 1:37 AM

Review by Natsom (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For ADHD: Very helpful in improving concentration and completing tasks.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 30, 2014 11:22 AM

Review by Drew4890:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: It works but I think it might be the effect from having extra energy so you do more things. It definitely helps with motivation and depression. Ironically it got rid of my anxiety as well.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 27, 2014 6:38 PM

Review by Thankful OldGuy (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I have been taking Adderall for two years and it has probably saved my life. I had been misdiagnosed as bi-polar with no co-morbid ADHD, and was prescribed benzodiazepines and anti-depressants. I eventually became suicidal when Abilify was added,and was lucky enough to have a moment of clarity and changed doctors and hospital affiliates. The week I was started on ADHD meds, I started to become the person I should be. I only wish I could have been diagnosed as a child, I feel I missed half my education. I can now focus all day, keep a train of thought long enough to finish mundane to complex tasks, and have written and recorded an album of music that had been completed but in disarray. No side effects, no weight loss or changes in eating habits.

August 20, 2014 1:57 AM

Review by Dextin:

For ADHD: I have been on Adderall(D-Amphetamine salts combo)and Adderall XR for 3 years (and other brands), starting at 10mgs and over time, due to tolerance, am on 20mgs regular, 20mgs XR, as well as 20mgs Dextroamphetamine ER (total of 60mgs\day). I must say that the few negative side effects did not last for me, so I eat normal and sleep well. Having figured out the correct dose combination for me has helped in so many ways. Now I can concentrate and complete things in a well organized way. The only issue I've had is the difference in the different brands.

August 1, 2014 1:27 AM

Review by Herbert white:

For ADHD: I've been on this medication for years and without it I can't concentrate read or comprehend at all. If you honestly need this it does what it is Supposed to do.

July 25, 2014 1:43 AM

Review by I'm off the couch (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: This medicine has improved my life significantly allowing me to have significantly improved ability to concentrate on task at hand vs never completing a task but jumping from one to another. Unsure sadly though, may no longer be able to afford it. Insurance changed to only high deductible HSA. No other options.

July 21, 2014 6:55 PM

Review by chrishaw (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I was diagnosed with ADHD as a kid because I was our typical class clown that didn't do anything in class. My parents took me to the doctor and I was prescribed Adderall and it did what is was suppose to but I absolutely hated because instead of playing at recess I would just read a book, so I quit taking it. Fast forward to freshmen year in college I was completely overwhelmed with school so I went back got tested and they put me on Vyvanse, it did the job but I was so mad when I was on it, they switched be to Adderall. It does exactly what it is supposed to do, make you productive. I went from a 3.0 to a 3.8 from this medicine. But make sure you eat, if you are on it your body will not tell you you're hungry.

July 16, 2014 4:30 PM

Review by Tony V:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I was prescribed Adderall XR for lack of focus and attention. After being on the medicine (10 mg) for 4 days I felt very confused and had trouble talking. I was stumbling over my words and second guessing myself. My appetite was altered (as expected) but I made sure I ate frequently. I also noticed I was very impulsive and short tempered, more than usually. I just wasn't my normal self on this medicine. I'm glad it has worked for many people, but it did not agree with me.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 11, 2014 5:17 PM

Review by Soulsaviver (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Adderall has been a blessing to me. I take 30mg twice a day and my thinking has become so much more clear. I am now able to pay attention and absorb what is going on around me. I have had no negative side effects except for an occasional night where it might take me an extra 30 minutes to fall asleep. I still have a healthy appetite since taking Adderall. This medicine has made my life so much better.

July 8, 2014 6:52 PM

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: Does not work well for me.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 7, 2014 1:22 AM

Review by Joe King:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I have ran the gauntlet of ADD meds, starting with Concerta then tried Vyvance which worked well in the beginning, then my Dr switched to Adderall XR, then to I R, which works best for me I take 20mg twice a day definitely helps with non stop thinking, racing thoughts, and just simply getting motivated. I have been on the IR for about a year and the highs are finally outweighing the lows. 39 years old and can see light at the end of the tunnel.

July 6, 2014 11:27 AM

Review by Evan S (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was 6 yrs old and pretty much just learned to deal with it until age 14. When I started 8th grade, my parents put me on the meds and I absolutely love it! I'm so much more successful! Plus I feel better about myself as a person. I don't know how I went all those years without it. Its definitely made my life better.

June 22, 2014 11:15 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for : I started Adderall at age 17. I've been taking it about 3 years. I have slight to moderate ADD, and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Narcolepsy. Adderall helped me be productive, get back to work and school, and maintain a social life. I often try to do too many things at once and get overwhelmed. The "high" is great, you feel on top of the world. But the crash is horrible! If I miss a dose, I can't get out of bed that day. On normal days, I can function well until the dose wears off. The loss of appetite isn't good, and it takes a while to get it back. I lost 40lbs in my first two months, which cause dizziness, fainting, agitation, and all that other great stuff that happens when you can't eat. I started off on 5mg, then 10mg, then 25mg.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 18, 2014 2:04 PM

Review by SuccessStory (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I had unknowingly suffered from ADHD-PI for my entire life. I was constantly in trouble for losing my things, not paying attention in class, forgetting conversations, being unable to understand conversations, so on and so forth. My life was a wreck. My parents constantly told me that I was lazy and worthless. After I joined the military, I was diagnosed with ADHD and Adderall was the first and only medication that I was put on. I went from being the clumsy loser to the office hero. I recently started college and so far, I'm getting straight A's. This medication makes me cool, logical and focused. I took off a star because it makes me forget to eat sometimes and that makes me tired.

June 17, 2014 9:15 PM

Review by nikko34 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Should have started with Adderall at first. My eight year old son is doing good.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 5, 2014 6:10 PM

Review by Brimanny (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Having been recently diagnosed with ADD at the age of 31, I would have to say that stimulant therapy has been a God send! My doctor first prescribed Ritalin-SR, and I felt it was not as effective as it could be, so she changed my prescription to Adderall-XR 20 mg and I feel it is working. I feel more focused at work with better concentration. I don't procrastinate as often as I have (my entire life), but one unexpected result of the therapy is I no longer feel irritable and short-tempered! I also don't feel frustrated as much as I used too. My staff and co-workers have noticed the difference and have told me they don't feel the need to "walk on egg-shells" around me! So in summation, Adderall is certainly doing the trick!

May 26, 2014 12:08 AM

Review by MSWJOY (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For ADHD: When first taking this I experienced a surge of energy in the morning, with a feeling of euphoria that lasted for an hour or so. It was easy to concentrate on one task but very difficult to move from one task to another. After an adjustment in the tablet 15mg - twice a day to 10mg - three times a day I was able to function from morning through evening without the euphoria. It took more than a year to be able to complete a task and move onto another. Today, I have some tolerance but the change in behaviors (from negative to positive) has remained to the degree that I would not want to change medications.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 18, 2014 1:46 AM

Review by RyGuy v2:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: When I was diagnosed with ADHD in the 3rd grade they put me on Adderall and then I became a person I was not. I had social anxiety but got exceptionally good grades in school where others failed. Adderall changes your personality and was the worst 12 years of my life, I had no friends because engaging in conversation was nearly impossible. It traps your thoughts in a prison of your mind and suppresses any creativity.

May 14, 2014 10:57 PM

Review by Obsessivelycuriousstill:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for : Just started. Feels geeky and doesn't last long. Need clorazepate and propanolol to calm down. Definite crash. But reduces fear and sleepiness and increases confidence and heart rate. 10 mg IR. Not sure will continue, nurse practitioner said call after 30 days.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 6, 2014 3:16 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more):

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: Insurance didn't cover the Extended Release (XR) form, so I was taking multiple regular Adderall pills a day. It was pretty obvious that they worked, but over time, I developed a tolerance that made me need to take one every 2-3 hours, rather than the standard 4-6. Only side effect was feet so cold, they tingled.

April 28, 2014 10:23 AM

Review by Gilmoregirl:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I'm so much more focused at work and home. But I noticed, if I don't eat, I'm a space cadet. Eating is very important, otherwise you're just wasting a good medicine. I also have ALOT more energy, By Far! I work the overnight shift at work, and it helps very much. Thanks Adderall.

April 14, 2014 6:27 AM

Review by AwakeWill:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: It makes a huge difference in my day! I hate having to take something everyday to stay awake and alert but better then living in the fog I was in the past 8 years of my life (6 of which I didn't even notice they were side effects of something bigger haha.) Things you may notice while taking Adderall with narcolepsy, 1.You are stop being a shut in 2. You actually start calling your friends to do something instead of getting harassed till you finally cave and do something. 3. You're better at work and all of a sudden care about your job. 4. You are grinding your jaw. 5. Stop grinding your jaw. and finally 6. Work with your doctor for the right dosage! There will be a bit of dancing between cracked out and half asleep till you find it.

April 14, 2014 6:11 AM

Review by G money:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: It's great grades came up from straight F's to B & C's.

March 13, 2014 2:50 PM

Review by 2nd chance at life:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I always knew I was different from everyone else. I was very quiet and shy. But in my mind I couldn't shut up. My mind was loud. In class I could never stop fidgeting, playing with my hair, scratching an itch, doodling on notebooks. I wondered why nobody else squirmed around like me. At 24 I was diagnosed with ADD. Adderall is life changing. I'm finally normal. I feel like everyone else. My mind is at ease. I am in charge of my thoughts. I can have genuine conversations with people without my mind wondering. I am finally happy after years of struggles. I am organized and more peaceful.

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 10, 2014 10:51 AM