User Reviews for Concerta

Learn more about Concerta.

Narcolepsy 5 reviews 15 medications

7.6
ADHD 200 reviews 31 medications

7.5
Summary of Concerta reviews 205 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Concerta

For ADHD "I've been taking Concerta for nearly five years now and just recently it hasn't been working as well as it used to. I was diagnosed with ADD in 6th grade and was then prescribed this medication. I've been taking it ever since. But back in May, I started to notice that I was having a much harder time focusing. It was almost like I hadn't taken it at all. This was very unfortunate since at that time I was having my end of year exams. I've also seen that others have been having the same problem. I'm looking forward to having this sorted out because my ADD is very bad and makes it very hard just to function in everyday life."

Pressley (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 28, 2015

For ADHD "I first started with 27 mg or concerta when it was giving me no effect my doctor increased to 54 mg. At first I loved it. So great...motivation, energy, concentration etc. But then I realized how bad my anxiety was getting and that my prozac was no longer controlling my anxiety and depression. Concerta caused me to have very severe migraines which cause nausea and dizziness. I would have a migraine in the morning and the only thing that would take it away was the concerta and as soon as it wore off around 5-6pm there came the migraine again! & I obviously couldn't take the concerta or I'd be up all night. I am not switched to vyvanse but haven't tried it yet. If concerta did not cause migraines and anxiety then I would really recommend it."

Laurn August 21, 2015

For ADHD "34 years old diagnosed back in Oct 14 started meds at 18mg fine 1st day then no real benefit after that I hoped the increase would help did for a while. Now on 54mg and I'm not in a great place and emotionally feel low and feel desperate. My relationship has broken down I'm hoping tomorrow I can change meds"

Loonchild (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 17, 2015

For ADHD "i started taking this medicine at age 10 for about 1 year. i took it and it made me feel really like as if i was depressed and it made me feel no hunger.i never ate until the medicine would where out by the end of the day that shen i would start binging on foods at night time. the medicine was useless. and btw i still have adhd and it doesnt affect anyone or myself."

crayolatips (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 12, 2015

For ADHD "Love this. I was first prescribed 27 mg and seen no changes but with the 54 it is perfect. I am able to focus and do things and not get irritated with background noise."

Shshs (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2015

For ADHD "I was initially diagnosed with ADHD-combined hyperactive and implulsive when I was 16. Up until that point, I struggled with my attention issues and excessive energy and it became increasingly difficult to cope with the symptoms as I got older. My doctor prescribed me Concerta 54 Mg once a day. I immediately noticed significant improvements. I was able to think more clearly and communicate coherently. At the same time I noticed that I had a better ability to control my attention and remain focused over a more prolonged period of time. My grades improved and my relationship with friends and family became much better. I'm now 26 and still taking the medication. The therapeutic effects are still evident."

PeterAnthony54 (taken for 10 years or more) July 18, 2015

For ADHD "I absolutely love this medication for my ADHD and as a mood stabilizer. It works wonders with little to no side effects. Coming down from it in the evenings is another story .. My coming down period sucks as I just get consumed with rage."

arhlpn (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 17, 2015

For ADHD "I'm 50. I was in school before ADD and ADHD were a thing. Those of us that couldn't pay attention or behave got C's and D's, and we liked it that way. I'm kidding, we didn't like it that way and neither did our parents. I muddled through high school and even got a college degree, but I really struggled. I remember when I first heard of ADD and meds that treat it, and it was a revelation. I've tried many of these medications and Concerta is my favorite. To me, it's the smoothest. The short acting drugs hit too strongly and then quickly crash. Hard. I had been taking Metidate CD until an insurance change made Concerta cheaper. Concerta is smoother than Metidate."

RebelRebel July 7, 2015

For ADHD "I was first diagnosed with ADD when I was 6 years old, I'm almost 28 now,and have been on Ritilan and Adderall for most of my life. I went off medication a few times in my life and although I was functional, I found myself spacing out a lot, and unable to focus. Recently I had been under so much stress that I was experiencing more frequent zoning out especially at work. So I talked to my doctor about it, and he originally prescribed Strattera but my insurance company wouldn't cover it so he put me on 20 mg dose once a day. This is only my second day on it, but overall I've had little negative side effects. Just a minor loss of appetite and some dry mouth. I am definitely feeling a lot more focused and can still sleep. So far so good."

Sharbear7487 June 23, 2015

For ADHD "Ok this is where i am after two weeks. I'm turning 54 one of these days, Managing Director of my company and self diagnosed with ADHD about a month ago. I matched ALL the criteria. Went to see a doctor and he confirmed my suspicions. I relayed my struggles with studies at University and he referred to me attaining two degrees a 'miracle, I cannot begin to explain how difficult studying was not to mention having to sit through hours of lectures. There was no - and I stress - NO filter between my brain.mind and my mouth. Anger,profanity and impulse behavior was only curbed by my life-long ability to be able to fall asleep anywhere, anytime. Imagine an alien being in charge for 53 years. It's all gone. Why did no one help me with this before?"

Cornelis June 10, 2015

For ADHD "I've started taking Concerta because of ADD when I was 21. I went to see my doctor, I was explaining to him that I had difficulty keeping up at school since I was a kid, but the only reason I'm in University was because I was in art school. He prescribed me concerta. If anyone took speed before, it's exactly the same effect. You do get a down. You are more focused. You loose weight. However, you can go to sleep at night. The problem is, I don't take it everyday, I think it's a little bit too harsh for me. I'll go see him again, maybe I have psychological issues. It DID help with my sleeping: I always fell asleep in the afternoon, it took everything I had to stay awake ( at school, at home, at friends house) I was known as the sleeper."

MarieStellaElleADuPoilEnDessousDesBras May 29, 2015

For ADHD "Started on 18mg and did not notice any difference in my ability to concentrate, but noticed that my appetite had decreased. My dosage was switched then to 32mg and I noticed that my attention span had increased slightly but the more noticable change was to my mood and my anxiety. My hands shake from this medication and I get hot flushes although my hands are cold and clammy. I sweat more unconsciously and this is uncomfortable. I went back to talk to my psychiatrist and was told that side effects tend to even out, and sometimes an increase in dosage can speed up this process, so I went up to 54mg. Although the medicine has made a change in my attention, my appetite has gone in the day and I have lost around 7kgs."

kirsep (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 27, 2015

For ADHD "I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was 7. And started taking focalin soon after I was very impulsive and couldn't focus. When I was 11 I started Adderall that would keep me up at night. And I was dependent on it. Last year (13 yrs old) I was on 31 mg of concerta the first day I took it. I was lightheaded and nauseous. I am almost 14 and I take 27 mg of Concerta it has helped immensly with social situations I am now a "cool" kid. I still struggle with school and am not very hungry. But overall I think concerta is a good fit for me. On a average day I eat a small breakfast of toast and a fruit or veg, skip lunch(not ever hungry) and eat a light dinner. On the weekends i don't take it and I have the muchies all day."

pasmoi (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 19, 2015

For ADHD "I have been taking conserta 54 and 36 (legally )for many years now the only main side effects are that it cause you to lose your appetite , twitch a bit. I don't think its for everyone."

mark.g (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 15, 2015

For ADHD "From school right through to starting college I was a lone wolf. Didn't like many people, got into a lot of fights. Was not bothered about doing well. People only stuck by me because they were scared of me. At the age of 16 I got into smoking a lot of weed and made myself even more of an outcast. Turned into a brain dead idiot. One day I tried amphetamines or 'speed' as its known as. Everybody else got high, I got a better job. Went back to college, became really popular, got girlfriends etc.. Eventually all that went down hill as street drugs are unpredictable. Went Doc's for help, was diagnosed with ADHD apparently had it all my life.vDoc put me on concerts 56mg daily. Pretty much the same effects as the speed. Love it no sides:)"

Dunczzzz May 14, 2015

For ADHD "I've been taking concerta for the past five months. When I first began taking it, I would get headaches and appetite problems, but those side effects dissapeared after about three weeks on it. Concerta has not only improved the amount of work I'm able to accomplish, its improved my self esteem as well. I no longer feel as shy and cluttered as I did before I started taking concerta. I like that it lasts throughout the entire work day, so I don't have to worry about redosing. Overall, concerta has been a very positive experience for me."

Samanthaed (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 15, 2015

For ADHD "I am currently a junior in high school on concerta going onto 4 years with it and I can honestly say it does work very well. It helps me focus a lot and you can see the results inflicted on my academics and how good they got. But the side effects are the down fall of course. I get insomnia and I lose my appetite completely for a whole day. And on top of that I feel emotionless, like a robot that all it wants to do is study and focus. It takes a toll on social life, but I guess that's the price we all have to go through when taking medications."

JulieGarcia April 8, 2015

For ADHD "I really like Concerta. I was on Adderall before but had really bad anxiety and sleep side effects and even more side effects, so my doctor gave me a Concerta prescription and I took it and felt so energized and focused. I love Concerta so much the only complaint would be it lowers my appetite and gives me a bad mood sometimes but I use Prozac to balance that out and this medicine is amazing, I tested it on video games and kept winning because how focused I was. This medicine is great for ADHD I highly reccomend it."

Melvin am March 29, 2015

For ADHD "My son started Concerta 18mg a little over a year ago at 9 yrs old. What a positive change for him!! His self-esteem was back and he was social and smiling all the time. Made new friends easily and enjoyed things other than video games and TV. Lately, we have noticed a change...his concentration is not as good, he has trouble getting organized at school and likes to stay in his room for hours at a time. He reminds me of the kid he was before medication. April 1st, we have an apt with the pediatrician and I am assuming we will up the dose to 27mg and hopefully find our happy boy again! We have also tried Biphentin, which did not work for us. Concerta has been a life saver and I hope it will continue to be with the proper dosage :)"

Natliv (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 23, 2015

For ADHD "After a diagnosis of ADHD, ODD and RAD the psychiatrist prescribed Concerta. So far after 1 week of use, the hyperactivity, aggression, and zoning out has either stopped or come to minimal. The side affects seem to be weight gain and loss of appetite."

Mom123456 March 23, 2015

For ADHD "So far so good. Love the extended delivery system. I am taking 54, does not last as long as they claim. I am 46 just started with meds about 6 months ago. No bad side effects!"

mkc1968 March 19, 2015

For ADHD "I was diagnosed in my late 40's with ADD. Dr. Put me on Strattera which was fine except for the severe nausea in the morning even taking it with breakfast. Just could not deal with that so was switched to Concerta. Loved it. No side affects. Could be off of it on the weekends and go back on it on Mondays with no issues. Dosage was 36mg. About 5 years of taking it and perfectly happy. Switched insurance company and continued with my medication then as of the first of the year will no longer cover Concerta. They want me to try all the cheaper formularies. Now I am struggling with all the other options they have provided and no success. Doesnt make sense!"

Brule (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 17, 2015

For ADHD "Concerta helped me so much. Before Concerta, I dreaded doing school work or even regular household chores. While on it, I want to do my homework and chores. It makes me 200x more focused overall, which means more learning and better grades. I went from C's and F's to A's and some B's"

Anonymous March 14, 2015

For ADHD "This medication is amazing!! Be patient and try it! All ADHD medications (like any other medication for anything) have side-effects but I have learned Concerta's do go away once you let your body do the talking: push through the 1-6 days of anxiety/depression/hyperactivity, etc., and be open to what it can do for you once your body gets used to it. I am 21 years old and I am on 54mg AND I take a side-effect medication called INTUNIV XR (2mg) that cured the anxiety side-effect which I found to come about half way through the day and when the Concerta was wearing off. This side effect comes about because Concerta is not a gradual release but 2 releases of the medicine- it drops off and may cause anxiety for a short time during the day."

Julie3377 March 9, 2015

For ADHD "Simply amazing! I was on Concerta from the age of 11-17 it worked, but didnt really appreciate its qualities being a young lad...I came off it. Since then life has gone dramatically down hill and I have had issues with keeping a job, focusing, social acceptance....the works! I had no commitment to anything and no drive to establish myself in the world. Im now 24 and have been back on them for 9 months. Since then I have been 100 milliom times more productive. Secured an amazing job (and held it down) even won a few employee of the month awards! Ive also gained a new amazing social circle and my relationships generally have never been better. Small side effects i.e sleep issues. But will never stop taking unless forced."

victordon (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 5, 2015