Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Concerta

Learn more about Concerta.

Narcolepsy 5 reviews 14 medications

7.6
ADHD 182 reviews 31 medications

7.5
Summary of Concerta reviews 187 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Concerta

Review by Samanthaed (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For ADHD: I've been taking concerta for the past five months. When I first began taking it, I would get headaches and appetite problems, but those side effects dissapeared after about three weeks on it. Concerta has not only improved the amount of work I'm able to accomplish, its improved my self esteem as well. I no longer feel as shy and cluttered as I did before I started taking concerta. I like that it lasts throughout the entire work day, so I don't have to worry about redosing. Overall, concerta has been a very positive experience for me.

April 15, 2015 5:44 PM

Review by Melvin am:

For ADHD: I really like Concerta. I was on Adderall before but had really bad anxiety and sleep side effects and even more side effects, so my doctor gave me a Concerta prescription and I took it and felt so energized and focused. I love Concerta so much the only complaint would be it lowers my appetite and gives me a bad mood sometimes but I use Prozac to balance that out and this medicine is amazing, I tested it on video games and kept winning because how focused I was. This medicine is great for ADHD I highly reccomend it.

March 29, 2015 4:48 PM

Review by Mom123456:

For ADHD: After a diagnosis of ADHD, ODD and RAD the psychiatrist prescribed Concerta. So far after 1 week of use, the hyperactivity, aggression, and zoning out has either stopped or come to minimal. The side affects seem to be weight gain and loss of appetite.

March 23, 2015 11:33 AM

Review by mkc1968:

For ADHD: So far so good. Love the extended delivery system. I am taking 54, does not last as long as they claim. I am 46 just started with meds about 6 months ago. No bad side effects!

March 19, 2015 8:18 AM

Review by Brule (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For ADHD: I was diagnosed in my late 40's with ADD. Dr. Put me on Strattera which was fine except for the severe nausea in the morning even taking it with breakfast. Just could not deal with that so was switched to Concerta. Loved it. No side affects. Could be off of it on the weekends and go back on it on Mondays with no issues. Dosage was 36mg. About 5 years of taking it and perfectly happy. Switched insurance company and continued with my medication then as of the first of the year will no longer cover Concerta. They want me to try all the cheaper formularies. Now I am struggling with all the other options they have provided and no success. Doesnt make sense!

March 17, 2015 11:23 AM

For ADHD: Concerta helped me so much. Before Concerta, I dreaded doing school work or even regular household chores. While on it, I want to do my homework and chores. It makes me 200x more focused overall, which means more learning and better grades. I went from C's and F's to A's and some B's

March 14, 2015 9:40 PM

Review by Julie3377:

For ADHD: This medication is amazing!! Be patient and try it! All ADHD medications (like any other medication for anything) have side-effects but I have learned Concerta's do go away once you let your body do the talking: push through the 1-6 days of anxiety/depression/hyperactivity, etc., and be open to what it can do for you once your body gets used to it. I am 21 years old and I am on 54mg AND I take a side-effect medication called INTUNIV XR (2mg) that cured the anxiety side-effect which I found to come about half way through the day and when the Concerta was wearing off. This side effect comes about because Concerta is not a gradual release but 2 releases of the medicine- it drops off and may cause anxiety for a short time during the day.

March 9, 2015 7:53 PM

Review by victordon (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For ADHD: Simply amazing! I was on Concerta from the age of 11-17 it worked, but didnt really appreciate its qualities being a young lad...I came off it. Since then life has gone dramatically down hill and I have had issues with keeping a job, focusing, social acceptance....the works! I had no commitment to anything and no drive to establish myself in the world. Im now 24 and have been back on them for 9 months. Since then I have been 100 milliom times more productive. Secured an amazing job (and held it down) even won a few employee of the month awards! Ive also gained a new amazing social circle and my relationships generally have never been better. Small side effects i.e sleep issues. But will never stop taking unless forced.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 5, 2015 12:47 PM

Review by Late Summer:

For ADHD: Concerta it was the only medication that work for my ADD I am 53 years old. I took a break from it for four years now I am going to start it again because I am not getting anything done during the day. I am a nurse.

February 20, 2015 11:23 AM

Review by Lord 3 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For ADHD: I like this medicine since it last 12-14 hours. It helps depression as well and it helps me in college. Without it I wouldn't be doing as well. It helps me stay on task and focus so I can get my work done. There isn't much side effects to this stimulant, maybe insomnia and a suppressed appetite but thats all. I reccommend this medicine for people with ADD, ADHD, and Depression. It really improves the quality of your life. There isn't anything bad about this medicine. I hope it works for anyone who needs it.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 4, 2015 7:02 PM

Review by Kate432:

For ADHD: My son is in 4th grade and just started taking Concerta two days ago. So far so good! He is dealing with severe ADHD. He was a very angry child and since he started taking it the teachers have sent notes home saying how well he is doing! School is easier so far which means a happier boy! He hugs me and kisses me and we have had less fights about getting homework done. We are very pleased!

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 6, 2015 10:03 PM

Review by Maxime Lefinch (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For ADHD: Worked for me the first year I took it but then it started to have really bad side effects. I have ADD but I don't have hyperactivity and I was getting socially awkward and having anxiety and even depression. I don't recommend it for someone who's not hyperactive.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 5, 2015 11:39 AM

Review by Squidles (taken for less than 1 month):

For ADHD: This is a great medicine. The first 2 days I felt ill on it nausea mainly and I find sleeping incredibly difficult but don't mind so much as I don't feel bad for it the next day. It's also making me dream a lot but overall I feel great and have much more of a will power to do everything. I started on 18mg and on Friday I go up to 36mg so see how they go.

December 17, 2014 3:23 PM

Review by JustinSimmo (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For ADHD: Amazing medicine. Helped with my recently diagnosed ADHD-PI (ADD). I am on 27mg and have no known side-effects. It has boosted my grades and my work is done quicker. It is the best thing that has happened to me. I haven't registered my ADD as a chronic illness, but know I will get it covered fully if I do.

November 27, 2014 8:44 AM

Review by ADD_Student (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For ADHD: I am on 27mg Concerta. Never felt better. I have better grades because of better concentration. No anxiety or suicidal thoughts. Guess I have too much to keep me alive, that I have never had those thoughts. Only side-effect seems to be slight insomnia, but I would prefer better grades over sleep.

November 27, 2014 8:37 AM

Review by Simmo (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For ADHD: I was put on Ritalin 10mg three times a day, then on Concerta 27mg. I didn't have any side-effects until I went to 36mg and I was only losing my appetite. I went back down and it still is really helping my concentration. I finish my work on time and am able to work to a higher level of work.

November 27, 2014 8:25 AM

Review by David..:

For ADHD: This has been life changing in a positive way, I never thought I had an issue and finally at 29 I mentioned it to my doctor who first prescribed Adderall I believe, I didn't like it. I mentioned it figuring I might as well give up, and then he suggested I try Concerta. Since that point my focus has gone up and I realize I did have an issue all these years! I don't take it Sundays to give my mind a break, only take it if you need it and don't abuse it.

November 18, 2014 11:07 PM

Review by Weebillfromthehill (taken for less than 1 month):

For ADHD: Only side effect is can't sleep and lost 4kg in 1 week

October 31, 2014 10:52 PM

Review by CaraCat (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For ADHD: I was out on a couple of different types of medications for my ADD. When I came across Concerta, it is close to perfect to me. I don't get that feeling like I'm spaced out like Adderral.

October 26, 2014 11:41 PM

Review by eeehhhh (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For ADHD: Intensified anxiety, and taken with Abilify I did not know if I was hungry for a long time. My weight went up and down, and I stayed on the same dose for 9 years. It made no sense. In hindsight, the Abilify was merely treating symptoms caused by side effects of Concerta. I would encourage everyone who has been ignored when they asked mental health professionals for help, to also encourage careful review and make informed decisions about medications. Educate yourself!

October 7, 2014 12:45 PM

Review by Vin9321:

For ADHD: If you have ADHD, pills like Strattera (non-stimulant) do not seem to work. You do need a stimulant. Concerta is amazing medication. I used to be on it from 2nd grade all the way until 9th. Looking back now, at 21 years old, I see that after I stopped it in high school, my grades dropped. Just started taking the average adult dose of 36mgs and it has really helped me in class, although there isn't an insane change. MAKE SURE TO TAKE IT WITH A DECENT MEAL OR IMMEDIATELY AFTER. If you don't, you'll find yourself with an upset stomach for a lot of the day.

September 17, 2014 5:52 PM

Review by Honeypot500:

For ADHD: Took 18mg Concerta for 5 days. On day two, I woke up and cleaned and tidied the whole house, my partner thought something was wrong with me! Then the side effects came... Nausea, depression, anxiety. By the time I was coming down at around 3pm I had to stay at home, I was unable to drive my car or even just go out. My doc wanted to try me on 5mg Ritalin 3x a day quick release but I refused. After reading the reviews on here about dexamphetamine I started them this morning. 5mg 3x a day. Hopefully this will be the one for me.

July 9, 2014 4:06 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more):

For ADHD: I've been taking Concerta for the past 14 years since it came out (24 now) and I don't plan on changing unless I'm forced. I've tried other medications and none work as well with as few side effects. Right now I take the 54mg. Sure I experience some side effects, but I've learned to manage them over the years (force myself to eat etc). The treatment of ADD/ADHD is only effective through a multifaceted approach, medication AND counseling/therapy/behavior coaching. Without Concerta I would never have made it through school or had successful relationships. ADD makes life hard, but with the right combination of treatments it is more than manageable.

187 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 8, 2014 3:31 PM

Review by Frederickrrorodkfkfkfk:

For ADHD: It makes me sweat a lot and have panic attacks.

June 25, 2014 10:05 AM

Review by thebrogo (taken for less than 1 month):

For ADHD: Took it from 7-12 years old. When stopped, grades went down and gained weight. Taking it now again at 21. My gosh. First day back on it and wow.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 4, 2014 5:02 PM