User Reviews for Clonidine

Also known as: Catapres, Catapres-TTS, Clonidine ER, Duraclon, Jenloga, Kapvay, Nexiclon XR

Learn more about Clonidine.

Postural Orthostatic...ycardia Syndrome 1 reviews 4 medications

6.3
Bipolar Disorder 5 reviews 33 medications

Summary of Clonidine reviews 286 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Clonidine

For Perimenopausal Symptoms: "Started my menopause late 30's. I am very fit and thought I would sail through it! Instead I had so many hot flashes day and night plus anxiety and vey bad insomnia so much so I could not function. Thankfully my husband was very patient and caring as I would get very moody and emotional. I am now 57 and still going through it and after trying quite a few things which did not work (not HRT) I was put on clonidine 4 years ago, thank goodness as I do not have half as many hot flushes, very few sleepless nights so I'm not tired which makes me very happy. It obviously works for me and cannot believe I was not told about it sooner. I cannot remember having any side effects I.e dry mouth or headaches and I take 25mg a day."

Annie's April 30, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I'm 44 and I've been in the drug abuse game since I was a teenager. I went through the usual drugalogue from weed to speed and acid and ecstacy. cocaine until i found the love of my life, heroin. and so went on a roller coaster ride of overdoses, detoxes, broken promises, Hep C, friends dying. You know script. I paid to see a private doc in belgravia and they offered me 0.2 mmg 3 times a day clonidine. So I'm 4 days in and feel ok. A bit stiff coz I'm house bound. Will try to do yoga today but low blood presure is a hinderence. I should add I'm using non prescription diazipan. but my doc'd gimme them if i asked. Defo the easiest cluck I've ever done. I expect to be off theses tablets and bk at work in a few days"

A long term herion user, Dan (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2016

For Perimenopausal Symptoms: "I was hopeful that clonidine would help for my hot flashes mainly so I could sleep better at night. I took one .2 mg tablet at bedtime as directed and felt HORRIBLE the whole next day. I was extremely sleepy, spacey and queasy. Would much rather suffer the hot flashes as despite them I was able to drive, work and workout just fine compared to that day."

No clonidine for me April 27, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I've been on Methadone 60mg for 10 years following an accident that broke my neck, shoulder and caused neuropathy. I use to beg for anything else, but unfortunately every doctor prescribe the same thing. I literally stopped my methadone 7 days ago, my doctor called in Clonidine 2mg and I take xanax anyways. I have to say I personally have experienced no withdrawal at all, and am beyond grateful for clonidine and that this horrid narcotics game is over... hope this helps! Best of luck!"

Hollylaine1977 April 24, 2016

Catapres (clonidine) for Insomnia, Stimulant-Associated: "My daughter takes it to help sleep she's 7 years old take concerta for adhd she's been on 2mg colonaden for 2 years she complained her stomach hurts is it the adhd meds or the calonaden"

Brunno133 April 22, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Well I just started been on them about a month now. And so far I guess I'm cool with them. My high blood pressure was just out of control yall. But so far I haven't had a bad trip or anything and I'm also an Suboxone user have been for 8yrs an counting.. I had a few side affects like the Stuffy Nose an Insomnia..an this is my story.."

carcar April 21, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I am not addicted to pain medications. I am on them because I have been diagnosed with 34 different diseases and illnesses the majority of which cause severe chronic intractable pain. At my last appointment with my pain management doctor I have seen for 4 years and have passed every UA and pill count, for whatever reason he absolutely would not tell me, he just decided without asking me about it at all, to not give me my prescription for the Morphine Sulfate ER 60 m.g. I take 1 every 8 hours. This is extremely dangerous to just yank someone off of ANY pain medication, anti-depressant, etc., instantly. I am not able to be off the Morphine. Now what? Clonidine interacts with my heart meds."

abbyinokc (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 18, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "After injuring my back in 2008, (back surgeries in '09 and '11), I was on morphine and then hydromorphone and hydromorph contin for 7 years. Made the decision to go 'drug-free" in Jan15. In June/15 I entered detox for 10 days, followed by 8 weeks in rehab. While in detox, I was switched over to Suboxone 24mg/day. Since Aug/15, I have been decreasing my dose and am now at 4mg/day. When I tried to go to 2mg/day, I began experiencing severe withdrawal again and went back to 4mg. 2 days ago I reduced again to 2mg, but was also given Clonidine .5mg 3 three time a day. I expect the wd to start tomorrow and will be taking the Clonidine with it. I am hoping and praying that this will be the trick to getting my life back. Your stories have made me feel better."

Dman5 April 15, 2016

For ADHD: "We have child with Periventricular leukomalacia (PVL), he is not 6.5 years old and since 1 year suffered very bad sleeping quality. Waking up suddenly in the night, 2AM-3AM and cannot rest properly until 5AM or 6AM. Very nervous during the day, not having good attendance at special needs school. Melatonine, from 2 to 3 mg 1 hr before sleeping, was helpful to falling asleep quickly, but not effective to avoid night wake up or iperactivity. Since 3 weeks we started clonidine 0.1 mg, 1 tab night time before sleep, and it works very well. Since day 1 he is calm and rests well. Few nights he woke up but not nervous or crying/shouting, just calm for a couple of minutes and back to sleep. Also at school and during the day he's more quiet and calm."

WalterITC Dubai April 6, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I am 25 yrs old and I have been going to the methadone clinic for 7 YEAR'S! I am so tired of taking something just to feel normal. I have been on 103mg. I started tapering down a lil over a yr ago I am down to 11 mg a day. Last week money was tight due to bills and so I decided to just taper off of the bottles I have and hope for the best. I'm wanting to go to dr. And get some cholnidine to see if it helps."

Star2 March 28, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I'm on clonidine .01 mg before bed for anxiety and opiate withdrawal. I'm not finding it to be super helpful with either issue, although it does take the edge off some of the withdrawal symptoms. I had high hopes after reading some other reviews but I'm not experiencing the same effects. I've been on various opiates for the large part of the past 20 years, the last 6 on methadone maintenance. It has done wonders for me, but I gained a LOT of weight when I went on the methadone and I want to try to taper so I can successfully stay sober and maintain a healthy weight. So far I'm not feeling hopeful but it's only been a few days. I'll try to report back in a week or so."

DeepBlue46 March 27, 2016

For Insomnia, Stimulant-Associated: "I have insomnia and I take Xanax for anxiety and I needed a different med so I wouldn't keep using my Xanax for sleep so I was given this and it works great I woke up In the middle of the night tho and fell back asleep in a few hours and it felt like I had a full nights rest and there wasn't a really high feeing when I woke up like ill someone's have with Xanax only a slight one before I went to sleep"

Big_joey89 March 21, 2016

For Perimenopausal Symptoms: "I am 52 and when I finally started taking it faithfully every night and not skipping nights because of the side effect of drowsiness; I have no hot flashes, anymore. My doctor wrote for me to take 1 to 2 tabs before bedtime and I take 1 and 1/2 at night. I occasionally may have some mild warmth but no embarrassingly breaking out in heavy sweating about 20 to 30 times a day like before or every 20 minutes or so like I was sweating before. I started taking it as prescribed about 3 weeks ago with no skipping around on taking it. I also was prescribed Mimvey Lo and Effexor for the hot flashes but I truly saw a big decrease in the flashes when I started taking the Clonodine faithfully and as prescribed."

Works when taken as prescribed March 15, 2016

For Perimenopausal Symptoms: "I began with the patch at .1 dose and have been on it d for 6 days and the hot flashes are worse then ever. The only good news is my blood pressure is low ."

Mo51 (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2016

For Perimenopausal Symptoms: "Having had months of sleepless nights with night sweats the first time I took this the best sleep ever and over the last few days the same. The impact that has had on me being able to do things as a single mum and business owner is phenomenal...mojo is definitely back. I have experienced the drowsiness some experience where your eyes can hardly open but was pre -warned and changed things around for that. Finally glad to get a good nghts sleep after months without one!"

Janey66 (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "Been on Opiates for 14 years for numerous health issues lupus, fibromyalgia, neck and back surgery, gastric bypass surgery just to name some. Tried tapering, tried cold turkey tried suboxone didn't work went back using and more each time was up to 35 norco 10 a day in In increments of course for the last 3 years however went in last week and got clonodine for the worst part of the withdrawals was given trazadone for sleep and robaxin for RLS and back pain from the withdrawals. I also read about Elimidrol a natural herb product I haven't taken any robaxin I take 0.1 mg clonodine every 8 hours trazadone at night only just 1 50 mg and I only took Imodium the first day I feel awesome just energy a lil low don't give up!!!!"

Marie Anderson March 10, 2016

For Perimenopausal Symptoms: "My hot flashes started at 34 and I'm 54. Since going through menopause a couple years ago, the flashes have been debilitating! Twenty or more a day and waking 4 or 5 times at night. I've complained to many doctors and none ever suggested this medication. Since starting on it my flashes have reduced about 75%! Amazing! I'm sleeping again. However, I'm also struggling with the side effects - tired, constipated, depressed, dry mouth/sinuses causing snoring and I'm having trouble focusing. I'm able to get through my work day okay, but I'm just not myself. Hoping the side effects will pass."

SierraSky March 9, 2016

For Perimenopausal Symptoms: "I was prescribed clonidine for my inferno day flushes, and uncomfortable night sweats, 4 weeks ago. I take 0.025 micrograms, 4 times a day, and after the third week, I started to feel like myself again. The flushes are just a mild warmth, and the sweats have almost disappeared! They were a bit tricky getting use to initially, but my ability to focus is returning, the strange headache has reduced by 90%, and I'm actually feeling more human now. I've been told the effects of the medication won't last long term, so I'll need to look into that, but for now, I feel great! "

Amandamcg65 March 2, 2016

For Perimenopausal Symptoms: "I started taking clonidine for hot flushes and anxiety, its definitely not helped at all and made me feel ten times worse, I've suffered with hot flushes, dizzyness to the extent I nearly fainted, shaky hands 3 to 4 times a day, shortness of breath and feeling totally disorientated every single day, its been absolutely awful and have not been able to go about my daily life. I'm now trying to wean myself off them."

Joloup March 1, 2016

For Insomnia, Stimulant-Associated: "This medication is actually a blood pressure medication, in order to stop taking it without huge side effects you have to wean off of it consult your doctor and they should understand that. Also if you have been taking it for a long time your body may now be dependant on it to regulate you Blood Pressure. When you forgot to take a pill at night you suffered the symptoms of high blood pressure. Also if you have normal Blood Pressure this can drop it dangerously low. If you stopped taking the med consult your doctor to see if you can titrate off of it and get a regular sleeping pill if you need."

RAVENWULF March 1, 2016

Kapvay (clonidine) for ADHD: "My son was diagnosed with ADHD in 1st grade. He's now in 6th. We've tried so many meds...Concerta, Intuniv, Focalic, Metasomethingoranother, and more. The stimulants caused massive mood swings. And the other stuff just didn't work well either. He's now on Kapvay, the generic form of it, and so far, so good. He takes .1 mg in the morning and we just increased evening to .2mg. The only trouble we've had is sleep. He falls asleep but wakes up by 4am. And then, doesn't fall back to sleep until 6 but has to be awake by 7:30. So, right now, he's texting me to bring him coffee. Not sure what to do about the lack of sleep but I'm really happy with how he's responding otherwise. The mood swings have lessened. Now they just seem tween-typical."

Melbs1969 February 26, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I have recurring biological Pancreatitis (not from gall stones, not from alcohol-I don't drink) and of course with each episode it's off the hospital for a few days with Dilauded. Coming off Dilauded as most know can be harsher than the illness. I went to a great pain mgt doctor and he gave me a RX for a box of Chlonodine Transmittal Patch's 0.30 mg you wear for a week each. After suffering from withdrawals in the past from Dilauded, CTP was given to me by an outside hospital pain mgt doctor. I have had ZERO withdrawls symptoms except for a minor cold sweat but that's it. No side effects from the patch. The key to this for me was to take CTP at the same time I started with Dilauded before tapering down. That way, the drug is already in me"

MikeLAX (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2016

For Insomnia, Stimulant-Associated: "I had most of the listed side effects before I was put on Clonidine, 0.1 as needed. I have found them to work blissfully well as a sleep aid. My major chronic depression, muscle pain, arthritis, fibromyalgia, anxiety, PTSD, all remain in place. I've tried many meds for these conditions. Usually I end up scrapping them for ineffectiveness. Clonidine is one of the rare drugs that works properly."

jennie (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 20, 2016

Catapres (clonidine) for Opiate Withdrawal: "I've found clonidine does help very much with physical symptoms of opiate w/d.But many Dr's dont want to give more than a few pills at the lowest dose. Which wasnt any help at all. Its unfortunate that I ended up failing cuz I couldn't find Dr. to "trust" & understand I could handle a short term prescription- which regrettably led me to a methadone pgrm. Now I know better I know what I'll need once I finish tapering off the meth. Only thing is I don't hear anyone speak about side effects of stopping the clonidine tho. I gave it a 7 because I always get an uptick in my BP & heartrate. Best to be very careful & use for shortest time possible."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 20, 2016

For Perimenopausal Symptoms: "glad I found this site and these reviews. I just started clonidine 0.1mg last night, and I had the best night of sleep in a month. I felt hot 1 or 2 times, but not nearly as extreme as the 4-5 hot flashes I have been having. I couldn't believe the drug could be this effective, so I wanted to search other people's experiences, and it seems the effects are true! And it also explains why I seem to be dragging this morning; my morning workout was tough to get through and I couldn't understand why I seemed so exhausted. Now I'm hoping I'll get over that side effect or get used to it, and that this keeps working for me."

not too good to be true February 19, 2016