User Reviews for Clonidine

Also known as: Catapres, Catapres-TTS, Clonidine ER, Duraclon, Jenloga, Kapvay, Nexiclon XR

Learn more about Clonidine.

Postural Orthostatic...ycardia Syndrome 1 reviews 4 medications

6.3
Bipolar Disorder 5 reviews 33 medications

Summary of Clonidine reviews 294 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Clonidine

For Insomnia, Stimulant-Associated: "I've been on this medication for about a year. I personally like to take short breaks from the medication and switch to melatonin as I've found that on just none stressful situations such as holidays I prefer to take melatonin over clonidine because I'm not stressed or I don't have to wake up early. I suffer from EXTREME restless legs (my whole body) all day and night it never stops. And extreme insomnia. When I sleep with out medication it normally takes me about 3 hours to fall asleep and I wake up every 10-20 minutes and it takes me about 5-10 minutes to fall back asleep. So obviously I don't get much sleep. But with melatonin and clonidine it has helped manage majority of my night time problems (day time we haven't found a solution"

Kjbr May 26, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "Been on oxy n morphs since early/mid 90's had a couple back surgeries, got off them but pain always comes back, ran a couple days short this month, tried some clonodine n it seems to help w/some withdrawal but makes me dizzy, so b careful!!"

Zobbie (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2016

For Anxiety: "Works great for anxiety, it does cause sedation, but is highly effective for keeping the anxiety at bay."

DPDR Guy May 20, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "I was taking Amlodipine I was for high blood pressure (about 160/85).. I had to stop taking it because I could get diarrhea 10 minutes after being constipated. My vision was blurry. My PCP prescribed 0.1 MG twice a day The medicine hardly made a change so my PCP increased it to two pills twice a day: no change at all. The side effects were horrible: a desert-dry mouth, fatigue, sleepiness, assorted muscle pains, a limp in my right leg. I stopped taking it and within 24 hours those symptoms disappeared."

Jan Pol May 17, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "I am new to this drug. I've never had high blood pressure before now. Weight gain doesn't help it. I was on Norvasc 5 mg. It made my heart race & my face bright red. I called the pharmacy & asked about cutting it in half. They said it was OK to do. My pill cutter is inaccurate, so it was more like a 2/3 to 1/3 split when I cut it. I am cowardly regarding Rx medicine. I took the 1/3 pill. Same exact reaction - very fast heart beat & red face. I was only walking from the kitchen to the computer - not exercising. So I had this one (Clonidine) in the ER when I went in for back pain (which turned out to be shingles). It worked quickly in ER but made me dopey. I'm gonna try it for a week. I'm in my mid 60's."

Emma Jones (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2016

For Anxiety: "I'm experiencing ambivalence and general feeling of irritation and anger since I've been on this drug ...anyone else?"

zoochick (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2016

For Perimenopausal Symptoms: "Was prescribed Clonidine last year after having umpteen hot flushes all day and through the night, my periods had stopped and they really helped, I felt great, slept well and back to "my old self" my periods started again 3 months ago and in the last 2 weeks the hot flushes are back with a vengence, I am on maximum dosage, really gutted as summer is upon us making them a million times worse, any advise or similar experiences would be very greatful for knowledge."

Maggi123 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 10, 2016

For Perimenopausal Symptoms: "I started taking clonidine December 2015. I had to stop because of the side effects were terrible . I've struggled till today which is the 6 May 2016 . The doctor told me to take them again . A smaller dose . I'm 56 and been on the menopause for a year . I've not slept properly in all that time . If they don't work again . I think I'm going to take hrt. I don't really want to take it cause I'm scare of the risk with it . Wish every one well who going through the same as me ."

chrisyanne May 5, 2016

For Perimenopausal Symptoms: "Started my menopause late 30's. I am very fit and thought I would sail through it! Instead I had so many hot flashes day and night plus anxiety and vey bad insomnia so much so I could not function. Thankfully my husband was very patient and caring as I would get very moody and emotional. I am now 57 and still going through it and after trying quite a few things which did not work (not HRT) I was put on clonidine 4 years ago, thank goodness as I do not have half as many hot flushes, very few sleepless nights so I'm not tired which makes me very happy. It obviously works for me and cannot believe I was not told about it sooner. I cannot remember having any side effects I.e dry mouth or headaches and I take 25mg a day."

Annie's April 30, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I'm 44 and I've been in the drug abuse game since I was a teenager. I went through the usual drugalogue from weed to speed and acid and ecstacy. cocaine until i found the love of my life, heroin. and so went on a roller coaster ride of overdoses, detoxes, broken promises, Hep C, friends dying. You know script. I paid to see a private doc in belgravia and they offered me 0.2 mmg 3 times a day clonidine. So I'm 4 days in and feel ok. A bit stiff coz I'm house bound. Will try to do yoga today but low blood presure is a hinderence. I should add I'm using non prescription diazipan. but my doc'd gimme them if i asked. Defo the easiest cluck I've ever done. I expect to be off theses tablets and bk at work in a few days"

A long term herion user, Dan (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2016

For Perimenopausal Symptoms: "I was hopeful that clonidine would help for my hot flashes mainly so I could sleep better at night. I took one .2 mg tablet at bedtime as directed and felt HORRIBLE the whole next day. I was extremely sleepy, spacey and queasy. Would much rather suffer the hot flashes as despite them I was able to drive, work and workout just fine compared to that day."

No clonidine for me April 27, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I've been on Methadone 60mg for 10 years following an accident that broke my neck, shoulder and caused neuropathy. I use to beg for anything else, but unfortunately every doctor prescribe the same thing. I literally stopped my methadone 7 days ago, my doctor called in Clonidine 2mg and I take xanax anyways. I have to say I personally have experienced no withdrawal at all, and am beyond grateful for clonidine and that this horrid narcotics game is over... hope this helps! Best of luck!"

Hollylaine1977 April 24, 2016

Catapres (clonidine) for Insomnia, Stimulant-Associated: "My daughter takes it to help sleep she's 7 years old take concerta for adhd she's been on 2mg colonaden for 2 years she complained her stomach hurts is it the adhd meds or the calonaden"

Brunno133 April 22, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Well I just started been on them about a month now. And so far I guess I'm cool with them. My high blood pressure was just out of control yall. But so far I haven't had a bad trip or anything and I'm also an Suboxone user have been for 8yrs an counting.. I had a few side affects like the Stuffy Nose an Insomnia..an this is my story.."

carcar April 21, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I am not addicted to pain medications. I am on them because I have been diagnosed with 34 different diseases and illnesses the majority of which cause severe chronic intractable pain. At my last appointment with my pain management doctor I have seen for 4 years and have passed every UA and pill count, for whatever reason he absolutely would not tell me, he just decided without asking me about it at all, to not give me my prescription for the Morphine Sulfate ER 60 m.g. I take 1 every 8 hours. This is extremely dangerous to just yank someone off of ANY pain medication, anti-depressant, etc., instantly. I am not able to be off the Morphine. Now what? Clonidine interacts with my heart meds."

abbyinokc (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 18, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "After injuring my back in 2008, (back surgeries in '09 and '11), I was on morphine and then hydromorphone and hydromorph contin for 7 years. Made the decision to go 'drug-free" in Jan15. In June/15 I entered detox for 10 days, followed by 8 weeks in rehab. While in detox, I was switched over to Suboxone 24mg/day. Since Aug/15, I have been decreasing my dose and am now at 4mg/day. When I tried to go to 2mg/day, I began experiencing severe withdrawal again and went back to 4mg. 2 days ago I reduced again to 2mg, but was also given Clonidine .5mg 3 three time a day. I expect the wd to start tomorrow and will be taking the Clonidine with it. I am hoping and praying that this will be the trick to getting my life back. Your stories have made me feel better."

Dman5 April 15, 2016

For ADHD: "We have child with Periventricular leukomalacia (PVL), he is not 6.5 years old and since 1 year suffered very bad sleeping quality. Waking up suddenly in the night, 2AM-3AM and cannot rest properly until 5AM or 6AM. Very nervous during the day, not having good attendance at special needs school. Melatonine, from 2 to 3 mg 1 hr before sleeping, was helpful to falling asleep quickly, but not effective to avoid night wake up or iperactivity. Since 3 weeks we started clonidine 0.1 mg, 1 tab night time before sleep, and it works very well. Since day 1 he is calm and rests well. Few nights he woke up but not nervous or crying/shouting, just calm for a couple of minutes and back to sleep. Also at school and during the day he's more quiet and calm."

WalterITC Dubai April 6, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I am 25 yrs old and I have been going to the methadone clinic for 7 YEAR'S! I am so tired of taking something just to feel normal. I have been on 103mg. I started tapering down a lil over a yr ago I am down to 11 mg a day. Last week money was tight due to bills and so I decided to just taper off of the bottles I have and hope for the best. I'm wanting to go to dr. And get some cholnidine to see if it helps."

Star2 March 28, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I'm on clonidine .01 mg before bed for anxiety and opiate withdrawal. I'm not finding it to be super helpful with either issue, although it does take the edge off some of the withdrawal symptoms. I had high hopes after reading some other reviews but I'm not experiencing the same effects. I've been on various opiates for the large part of the past 20 years, the last 6 on methadone maintenance. It has done wonders for me, but I gained a LOT of weight when I went on the methadone and I want to try to taper so I can successfully stay sober and maintain a healthy weight. So far I'm not feeling hopeful but it's only been a few days. I'll try to report back in a week or so."

DeepBlue46 March 27, 2016

For Insomnia, Stimulant-Associated: "I have insomnia and I take Xanax for anxiety and I needed a different med so I wouldn't keep using my Xanax for sleep so I was given this and it works great I woke up In the middle of the night tho and fell back asleep in a few hours and it felt like I had a full nights rest and there wasn't a really high feeing when I woke up like ill someone's have with Xanax only a slight one before I went to sleep"

Big_joey89 March 21, 2016

For Perimenopausal Symptoms: "I am 52 and when I finally started taking it faithfully every night and not skipping nights because of the side effect of drowsiness; I have no hot flashes, anymore. My doctor wrote for me to take 1 to 2 tabs before bedtime and I take 1 and 1/2 at night. I occasionally may have some mild warmth but no embarrassingly breaking out in heavy sweating about 20 to 30 times a day like before or every 20 minutes or so like I was sweating before. I started taking it as prescribed about 3 weeks ago with no skipping around on taking it. I also was prescribed Mimvey Lo and Effexor for the hot flashes but I truly saw a big decrease in the flashes when I started taking the Clonodine faithfully and as prescribed."

Works when taken as prescribed March 15, 2016

For Perimenopausal Symptoms: "I began with the patch at .1 dose and have been on it d for 6 days and the hot flashes are worse then ever. The only good news is my blood pressure is low ."

Mo51 (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2016

For Perimenopausal Symptoms: "Having had months of sleepless nights with night sweats the first time I took this the best sleep ever and over the last few days the same. The impact that has had on me being able to do things as a single mum and business owner is phenomenal...mojo is definitely back. I have experienced the drowsiness some experience where your eyes can hardly open but was pre -warned and changed things around for that. Finally glad to get a good nghts sleep after months without one!"

Janey66 (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "Been on Opiates for 14 years for numerous health issues lupus, fibromyalgia, neck and back surgery, gastric bypass surgery just to name some. Tried tapering, tried cold turkey tried suboxone didn't work went back using and more each time was up to 35 norco 10 a day in In increments of course for the last 3 years however went in last week and got clonodine for the worst part of the withdrawals was given trazadone for sleep and robaxin for RLS and back pain from the withdrawals. I also read about Elimidrol a natural herb product I haven't taken any robaxin I take 0.1 mg clonodine every 8 hours trazadone at night only just 1 50 mg and I only took Imodium the first day I feel awesome just energy a lil low don't give up!!!!"

Marie Anderson March 10, 2016

For Perimenopausal Symptoms: "My hot flashes started at 34 and I'm 54. Since going through menopause a couple years ago, the flashes have been debilitating! Twenty or more a day and waking 4 or 5 times at night. I've complained to many doctors and none ever suggested this medication. Since starting on it my flashes have reduced about 75%! Amazing! I'm sleeping again. However, I'm also struggling with the side effects - tired, constipated, depressed, dry mouth/sinuses causing snoring and I'm having trouble focusing. I'm able to get through my work day okay, but I'm just not myself. Hoping the side effects will pass."

SierraSky March 9, 2016