User Reviews for Clonidine

Also known as: Catapres, Catapres-TTS, Clonidine ER, Duraclon, Jenloga, Kapvay, Nexiclon XR

Learn more about Clonidine.

Reviews for Clonidine to treat Bipolar Disorder

Review by ivana1227 (taken for less than 1 month):

Catapres (clonidine): I was prescribed this medication along with Valium, Halcion and Motrin to ease withdrawal symptoms of heroin addiction. It did help while using it but my situation needed other therapy (methadone maintenance) to overcome my addiction. I do know several people who did benefit with the use of Catapres alone in quitting heroin addiction.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 3, 2013 2:49 PM

I have mixed Bipolar symptoms and was increasing on the Monic side. 1 Clonidine and in 15 minutes I had some relief and felt nearly normal. I like that it is an as needed drug and I don't have to take it everyday like my other medicines. The only drawback is that it only lasts 4-6 hours and you have to take it again but to feel nearly "normal" I will do that.

July 31, 2009 5:59 AM