User Reviews for Strattera

Learn more about Strattera.

ADHD 231 reviews 36 medications

5.6
Summary of Strattera reviews 231 reviews 5.6

Reviews for Strattera

For ADHD "great drug with few if any side effects.... especially in adults."

drwizard (taken for 10 years or more) May 2, 2016

For ADHD "My Doctor put me on basically the fastest titration. 40mg for 4 days then 80mg after that. The first 4 days on 40mg were awful. The worst of the side effects being insomnia. I had to call out of the work for the a few days to catch up on sleep. I could not fall asleep at ALL. The Doc prescribed Trazadone to sleep. That helped after being sleeped deprived for a few days. I've heard of people upping their dose and having the side effects lessen and positive side effects increased. WRONG. First day on 80mg I had crippling nausea, body aches, massive headache, off the chart irritability, burning urination (with white discharge), and thoughts of SUICIDE. No joke. I've read of people having this happen them but it's a rare side effect."

M Ricci April 27, 2016

For ADHD "Diagnosed with ADD this year, I initially wanted to go without medications. Being a senior in college I have deadlines, and I noticed my grades suffering significantly. I decided to give medications a try. My doctor prescribed a 6-wk starter pack of Strattera (25-80mg). I noticed a difference in attentiveness but after week 4 I felt lethargic, unmotivated, sad, impatient, VERY irritable, and depressed. I didn't go to class, didn't turn in homework and my grades took a deeper dive in that month. My psychiatrist then prescribed Vyvanse (30mg). I have been on it for a month and it helps ME stay focused without losing sleep and decreasing my appetite, best of all my grades are improving! My worse side effect is dry mouth. Hope this helps(:"

Ther314 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 14, 2016

For ADHD "I have had ADD for several years now (I'm 24). I was taking adderall for a while but it flared up my anxiety. I am now prescribed Strattera, and so far, no good. I'm only on day 3, but I feel absolutely exhausted and irritable. Considering giving up on it because it's the end of the school semester and I can't afford to feel this tired with all the work I have to do."

KylaJoy April 14, 2016

For ADHD "I have never been diagnosed with add or adhd but was having trouble concentrating. I approached my doctor and he prescribed this drug. It worked perfectly. I no longer have problems paying attention and am doing extremely well in school. My inattention did not return after I stopped this medication."

Anonj26 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 11, 2016

For ADHD "I have been taking stratter for 3months now ! I'm more tired when I take it bad I'm assuming gas pains but I don't care for it !"

Wav1981 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2016

For ADHD "I was on Adderall and that worked amazingly!! But I was paranoid and depressed which effected me so much I had to switch. I switched to strattera and it helped! Then it started to not make a difference so I got upped to 100mgs. I have to eat right after or else I become very ill(nauseous)."

18 year old girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2016

For ADHD "Hey, I'm a 20 y/o Medical Assistant (Internal Medicine), After being on Strattera for about 2 months, and even though I complain about my pts not battling through side affects to achieve benefit, I as well, failed to reach the finish line. I Re-Starting Strattera 4 months later, I think I finally figured out why this medicine is so difficult for me. I have come to realize that this medication is relatively a "Shock Collar" more or less. Strattera doesn't actually "Help" my symptoms but yet, "Shocks me" (Punishes me) when my symptoms show through. Every time I get distracted, or overly excited, start mono-logging thoughts in my head, etc. the side affects flare up. I dont know if this is true for everyone, but it is what i have noticed."

MA, Internal Medicine (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 21, 2016

For ADHD "while taking strattera it didn't really help with my ADHD but it did cause unwanted nausea and once I reached my target 80mg dose I began to get extremely hot then started to sweat a lot and finally threw up the strattera."

15yrOldBoy (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2016

For ADHD "Strattera has proved to be quite beneficial for my cognitive performance. It has increased my memory, attention and organization of thinking. The side effects I've had have been nausea and trouble sleeping but as I keep taking it in sure it will subside more. I currently take 40 mg and working up to 80 mg."

Zizek (taken for less than 1 month) February 29, 2016

For ADHD "So this is my second and final review for Strattera. I am sad to say that about 1.5 years on the drug were AMAZING, but at around 20 months the drug started to not work well, or not "kick in" and "poop out". Doctor added Adderall 5mg twice a day as a booster and that worked well for about another 6-8 months, and then started "pooping out" again. Possibly Adderall was also "pooping out", but since I was only using it as a booster, I didn't see the point of upping Adderall. Eventually I started getting pretty regular migraines that I had never had before, and they were debilitating. I was at my wit's end, was traveling, and got snowed out, didn't fill my Strattera script, and just stopped taking it. I don't regret it. Trying Wellbutrin now."

Slightly Mental (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 19, 2016

For ADHD "Strattera made me tired during the day and kept me awake at night. It was miserable at night. I took it for 3 months before I couldn't take it anymore. Now I take 200 mg of wellbutrin twice daily and that seems to help quite a bit with my moral and the way I view myself in the world. Honestly the strattera made a zombie out of me."

A.J. cham February 16, 2016

For ADHD "Tried Strattera for ADHD, because I wanted to try a non-stimulant. Within about a week, I was depressed and crying over the littlest things. It was NOT for me. Also diagnosed with anxiety, Zoloft mellowed me out, but too much so, I felt apathetic and gained weight. Tried wellbutrin and became violently sick (throwing up.) Adderall XR I didn't like, just felt high and tweaky. Finally found relief in a combination of Vyvanse 30-40mg and Lamictal 150mg. Truly life changing, along with gluten/dairy free low sugar diet, and good sleep."

Rachael702 February 10, 2016

For ADHD "I have a now 10 yo son that was diagnosed with ADD & ADHD when he was 7. His Dr. has put him on all different types of meds since. The only one we found that seemed to work for him, was Vyvanse, well now he's on Strattera 18 MG and I had to rush him to the ER because he was complaining about his chest bothering him, and I mean really bad. They said he was fine, besides his heart rate,which was really really high, but they didn't see anything wrong. I mentioned he was on Strattera, and they said that the meds can be a big part of it. I took him off of it for the next two days, and he was fine. Started him back on it, and a week later, (2/6/16) he was having pains in his chest again, so I've been trying to get a hold of his Dr to stop it."

Freaked mother in De. February 8, 2016

For ADHD "My son who is 12 has been on this medication now for about 6 months. 40 mg a day. It does absolutely nothing for him. The Dr tried upping his dose to 50mg and he started having major mood swings, anxiety and depression. Ritalin, Concerta, Vyvanse we have tried those too but the side effects were too much for him to handle. I'm at a loss what to do now. No more meds I guess?"

Teri Mc (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 3, 2016

For ADHD "The first month on Strattera, I did not feel well. It made me tired and grumpy. Then, after it stopped being a nuisance, it started being nothing. No help, ZERO. Waste of time, money and liver. I quit cold turkey after my 6th month script ran out. Too expensive to continue paying a lot of money for ZERO. (I no longer had the same insurance that had a copay. I do not know how much it would have cost with my new insurance)."

Scarecrow21978 February 2, 2016

For ADHD "In the 6th grade I missed two consecutive days, then took my pill as I would any other day. Throughout the day I felt terrible and eventually I went to the nurse. She took my heart rate and said it would've been okay if I had just sprinted a mile, but I had been sitting in class. She checked again 10 minutes later and my heart rate was slower than it should have been at a resting state. She called my parents and I went to the doctor immediately. I had to be hooked up to machines and monitored. The nurse said I was lucky not to have a heart attack that day. I've been scared of Stratera/Adderall/Ritalin ever since."

Zac1995 February 2, 2016

For ADHD "My daughter 7 years old, prescribed strattera 20 mg. once a day. I looked in here to see what happened if she didn't take it when she doesn't have school. it doesn't make sense to me, that if it takes 2 weeks to get into the system (body) then how is it okay to skip 2 days of taking it. wouldn't she have side affects &/or take a few days after starting it again to be back to normal."

wondering why? (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 1, 2016

For ADHD "As I was reading all the comments when I first start taking strattera I ignored it in the beginning and I've been on it almost a month now honestly no advantages at all. My first week I almost had a fight in a restaurant because a guy parked near my car blocking it. I started throwing words at people I don't know. I became super aggressive and angry with every one my friends and family. I will see my doctor ASAP to get me out of this shit drug."

A7md January 31, 2016

For ADHD "An unusual side effect I experience is head tingling every time I urinate"

Bill1234321 (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2016

For ADHD "I've been on every ADHD medication under the sun. After heavily abusing adderall and lying to my doctors, I broke out in a huge body rash that went all the way up to my face. I didn't like the way adderall made me feel. Like a zombie. I was wide awake, felt euphoric, but I didn't do anything. I just sat there for hours chainsmoking while on my phone. I decided to try straterra. I love it! It does everything adderall did minus the tweaky stimulant effect. And, I can't abuse it :) my adhd is under control, my depression disappeared, and I feel like myself again."

Matt1990 January 19, 2016

For ADHD "All it did was make me feel like a zombie. I personally don't recommend this drug, as it only makes you get nauseous and very tired, and causes insomnia."

KittySin (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 18, 2016

For ADHD "I am starting on a low dose as I was given a stimulant type at first, which made me feel sick and stopped me sleeping. So now I am on Atomxetine but just a low dose as I seem to suffer badly with side effects. At my recent assessment, the doc told me to increase dose to 40mg, then 80, but I decided to start on 20 mg, then 40 second week. Only I am finding I can't sleep so I am going to try to take about 2 hours before bedtime, see if that helps. Not sure what to do if these don't work ...Any advice would be grateful, thanks"

fmac January 17, 2016

For ADHD "I've taken strattera at first and didn't like it so went on adderall XR 15 mg once a day. Increased energy and increased focus. After a while, the increased energy was TOO MUCH so I decided to try strattera. I dropped the adderall dose and took them both together for a Few weeks before discontinuing the adderall. They feel virtually identical. I take strattera twice a day to avoid daytime sleepiness & no longer feel over stimulated and zombified and I have energy, & increased focus. I did have a headache for the first couple of days. Took an adderall yesterday and yup felt identical. Could barely tell a difference except got a bad headache at the end of the day on the come down and I also felt like a zombie again. Oh yeah, no come down on strattera!"

Britttt January 5, 2016

For ADHD "I was prescribed strattera 50mg once a day to go along with the 20mg of Ritalin I take 2x a day because the Ritalin doesn't cover me for later at night, because I go out almost every night with friends. The doctor said after a week or 2 it should start to work. I took it for 2 weeks and continued to get cold sweats, shivers, and just felt like crap so I stopped taking it. It didn't help one bit. It made me feel like I was on a anti depressant or something. All around terrible experience and I will never take it again. I'm at my doctors today to rectify the situation"

Ryan GGGgGgg December 24, 2015