User Reviews for Strattera

Learn more about Strattera.

ADHD 181 reviews 32 medications

5.9
Summary of Strattera reviews 181 reviews 5.9

Reviews for Strattera

For ADHD "Son is making vast improvements in school. Focus very much improved. Self confidence increasing."

momma5555 July 25, 2015

For ADHD "I hate this medication. My doctor gave it to me and says to keep taking it in order to feel the effects but I took it a few hours ago, I have the shakes, I get so hot and feel totally out of it. I can't wait til this feeling is over. I will not take it again"

Jdfjdjsh July 25, 2015

For ADHD "I'm 30 and have taken several types of ADD medications since I was young. I stopped taking Adderall/Ritalin when I graduated from college (about 25 yrs old) because I did not like the side effect, particularly loss of appetite and jitteriness. I have since had to get back on meds because I have a sales job and I was making mistakes at work. I started on 25 mg a couple months back and it worked great at first, but has tapered off some. I wasn't sure if it was still working, but at night when the morning pill wares off and I can't get anything done and I'm super scatterbrained. That tells me it is working. I should probably take the doctor recommend evening dose, as well. Only complaint on side effects would be extreme sleep spells."

primus84 July 25, 2015

For ADHD "I started taking strattera at 25mg. The first week was crazy I felt like I could do anything. I had so much time on my hands and accomplished so much. I no longer had to fight with myself to wake up. I had so much energy and "the foggy" feeling was gone. I could focus and what I had to do do it and then move on to the next. It was wonderful. The only side effect I had was insomnia but that went a way after the first week and it was easily resolved with some meditation. After that I started to settle in because I was getting used to it the feelings were dying down. I missed the sense of euphoria the first week had brought but I was still plenty productive and over all my social relationships ad improved. After 3 months I am starting 40mg."

Anonymous July 19, 2015

For ADHD "I was diagnosed with depression/ anxiety after I failed several add medications due to severe constipation. Recently, l learned about taking probiotics for constipation and tried Strattera again. Wow, what a difference. I am much more emotionally stable/focused than I have ever been. Anxiety disappeared. Depression is almost unnoticeable. I'm on Pristiq 50mg for depression/anxiety and two days ago, I upped my dose of Strattera to 60mg. I was at 40mg for 30 days and I was much more stable emotionally, better focused & functional. So far, at 60mg, I'm fully focused and no longer feeling slightly tired. Side effects wise, slow urination is almost gone. Sexual side effects are moderate and dry mouth is slight. Give it time to work!!!"

Cubae July 17, 2015

For ADHD "within the first week i started getting moderate then severe headaches, that nothing helped (tylenol, advil, aleve, aspirin, natural remedies etc) nothing touched them, and my adhd symptoms persisted so they made my dose higher and the bigger the dose, the bigger the headache, until i couldn't stand it, and i just stopped taking it after 2 months of severe headaches, and they were so bad i couldnt tell if it worked for attention since i was too distracted by my headaches! so i was getting distracted either way! then finally after coming off for a month and being put on intuniv later, no more headaches! and i can actually focus although i don't speak for everyone, there should really be a warning of severe headaches on the label!!"

salgal21 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 12, 2015

For ADHD "I was given a starter pack of a month long supply of Strattera from my Psychiatrist. I'm currently about two weeks in (starts you at 20mg and ends at 80mg) and the reason I am giving the drug this rating is due to me being unsure about how it's affected me thus far. When I first started to take it my anxiety subsided and I felt normal and back on track again. This lasted for the first week. I was even able to travel alone to be with my fiancé in Mexico. I've never traveled much, let alone by myself. I did this with ease. Now back from my trip and having increased the dosage to I believe 60 or 80 right now, I don't feel the same. Sadly. :-( I'm disheartened because I thought this was my cure all after a terrible winter."

Leaping Larry July 11, 2015

For ADHD "well...... it worked. that's about all I can say.You'll be able to focus, and if you don't mind the fact that the ONLY thing you'll be able to focus on is how tired, nauseated, and occasionally slightly mad you feel, this is the medicine for you. despite that, it's worth nothing that i'm only 17 and ~130 pounds which is really close to the minimum weight on the box. based on what i've seen, it seems to work better for ~30 year olds who aren't underweight. not a professional, obviously, though, so take this with a grain of salt."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 3, 2015

For ADHD "Did absolutely nothing."

Bernard0071 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 30, 2015

For ADHD "15 and diagnosed this year. I have been on it for 4 months (in conjunction with cipralex). Made a massive difference to my concentration levels and sustained energy, I had no idea it was possible to be this productive. Nausea was awful the first week (even threw up once) but faded quickly. I still need to eat alongside it to prevent nausea but since I take it at breakfast time its not a problem. only persistent side effect has been weight loss - abt 7 kgs in past 4 months - mostly due to appetite loss. I was on concerta (ritalin XR) beforehand and the side effects such as heart palpitations and insomnia were awful, also didn't help my adhd symptoms at all. I'd recommend strattera to people who've had bad results with stimulant adhd meds."

jamesy101 June 26, 2015

For ADHD "Did not seem to notice much improvement, was on it for probably 8-10 wks."

Genesee1207 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 14, 2015

For ADHD "I had been on Ritilan for 10 years and found I kept increasingly the dose every year or so. I went on this medication and got so sick. I was very angry and had urges to hurt people I cared about. It felt so weird my hair felt like it was growing tingly feeling. Vision impairment etc, I stopped taking this when I had such strong urges to strangle someone. Very scary. This medication is not for me."

tink0824 (taken for less than 1 month) June 10, 2015

For ADHD "I am an adult with ADD. I took Strattera according to my doctors recommendations, starting with 25mg and upping the dosage to 80mg gradually for 6 weeks. I noticed nausea almost immediately after I started taking the medicine along with unusual bouts of tiredness. I continued with the plan as I was told some of the initial side effects would ease as my body became accustomed. The side effects began to get worse, with frequent sweats, occasional sore throat, EXTREME tiredness, and the worst constipation I have ever had. I will say that my ability to stay focused was improved dramatically, but the side effects made it impossible to stay on the medicine."

snickerVP June 5, 2015

For ADHD "Hated it!!! I was taking adderall for a year and it started making me feel anxious maybe one day a week. I was switched to this and once I started it my anxiety got really bad. I've never had a problem with anxiety and I really feel for the people that suffer from chronic anxiety! I also had a problem with dropping blood pressure (could be from adderall withdraw tho) I also had HORRIBLE mood swings. As soon as I would take it I was very negative about everything. I'm so glad to be off it now and so is my boyfriend!!"

anxiousdre June 5, 2015

For ADHD "• Comprehension: Before: If you wanted me to pay attention, understand something, or even acknowledge it, you would often have to repeat it several times. I would misread or misunderstand things more than the average person. After: I understand most communication right away, including the emotions and attitude of the other person, which were often not even on my radar before. • Interpersonal Communication: Before: I was very likely to interrupt others. I wouldn't wait for others to speak before continuing my conversation. I came across as very harsh & critical. After: I'm better at engaging in appropriate give-and-take in conversation. I communicate in a much appropriate friendly tone. Dealing with adversity: Before: Even trivial matters would provoke a negative reaction, ruin my mood or trigger impulsive/disruptive behavior. I’d get down on myself for minor mistakes After: Even when things don’t go the way I like them to go, I handle things in a much more mature, measured way. When something goes wrong, I’m more likely to laugh it off than I used to. I’m more even keeled, less likely to fly off the handle."

DutchRN (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 4, 2015

For ADHD "I couldn't handle the side affects. Night sweats with intense anxiety and nausea. Couldn't sleep. Terrible. Only lasted 2 weeks."

CrazyCatLady200 May 9, 2015

For ADHD "This drug does help me calm down and focus (it also really helped me with my anxiety) but the side effects of vomiting, feeling like I don't care about the world and my head is squished in, and ultimately my inability to stay awake throughout the day left me asking my doctor for a change of medication. For reference, this was my first medication used to manage my adult ADHD and I started on one pill for three days and was moved up to two and these side effects worsened with two pills."

Brooke_Ann1993 April 28, 2015

For ADHD "Worst treatment I've tried, may even exacerbate ADHD symptoms. Causes depression, fatigue and anxiety without even working to improve concentration. Don't even feel or act like myself since I started this med. People even know something is wrong when they talk to me. Trying to stop/change treatment, but Doctor only wants to keep me on this med until college semester is over. Have tried Concerta before, worked somewhat."

20y male college student April 27, 2015

For ADHD "Diagnosed with having ADHD in my early 20's. Dr. wanted me to try out Strattera before a stimulant since I also have anxiety and he feared a med like Adderrall would make it worst. This is my second month on it and it does seem to be working. I am better able to concentrate and my head seems more "clear". I'm on 80mg. Stomach-aches and drowsiness started off horrible when I first began taking this med but these side effects are almost gone. Still get dry mouth which ranges from mild to "it feels like I've eaten cotton and sand". Unless the side effects are too intense for you, I would at least give this med two months. Think it gets such a bad rep because people don't give it a chance."

TXNchick April 18, 2015

For ADHD "In my 30's, energy levels dropped and found life more challenging. I would wonder how I could get through the day. I took adderall but could feel that it wasn't right. I guess it felt too much of a party drug. After a few doses, I actually just felt, I suppose buzzed, not able to complete tasks. Perhaps the dose wasn't high enough? I went to my doctor with a list of meds. and notes. He picked up on straterra, which wasn't top. The instructions said it may take a month to work! It was instant! I am less irritable, have more mental energy. My brain must have been tired and my thoughts are more positive than negative. I have all the side effects, inconsistently. They are far outweighed by ++. Also try matcha green tea!!"

richie oc (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 13, 2015

For ADHD "Made me feel totally disconnected from social interaction,life,etc. its like it closed my head in."

Tim234515 April 10, 2015

For ADHD "45 year old woman, 138lbs 5'7". Started at 25mg and titrated slowly. Noticed within a week my stress responses improved. Continued to increase as no change to organisation, memory or attention. Felt ok even at 100mg. Then since I started 120mg, I feel quite unwell. I don't think I'm unable to sustain this dose as side effects are strong: nausea after 1hr of ingestion, tiredness, feeling as though I've had too much strong coffee. The S/E definitely more pronounced if I'm not doing anything so I try and stay active and never take this on an empty stomach! I'll give it 2 more weeks at 120mg (which will be 6 weeks total) then gently titrate down. It gives me palpitations, too, which make me unhappy. I get this free on NHS in UK."

Atom68 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 6, 2015

For ADHD "I had bad reaction from Ritalin so I was given Strattera. Strattera gave me and still gives me a nauseous feeling, I always take it with food and after driving to avoid this side effect as much as possible. At times it gives me head aches and irritability due to me feeling off. It is very effective in controlling my hyperactivity. I am much more attentive. Its benefits out weigh its current side effects, I recommend talking to your doctor and to keep trying new medicines to find out what works best for you. I gave it a 6/10. Its expensive, $140ish"

StephySunshine April 6, 2015

For ADHD "36 year old female diagnosed last year. I did not want medication, but fearing I'd lose my job from symptoms, talked to my doctor and gave Strattera a try. Been on it a month. Can see major improvements in concentration, getting things done, not jumping from one thing to another constantly. I'm also a calmer, less anxious version of myself, more patient mother. Things don't seem to bother me as much! My head is quiet. For side effects the first 2 days were bad - chills, tingling/current sensation on my scalp, upper back and neck and numb arms, drowsy. My doctor told me not to quit, so glad I did! No constipation or trouble urinating. Still get occasional chills and scalp tingling, low appetite (good cause I was overeating!). Hope it lasts!"

Lisa7171 March 30, 2015

For ADHD "My son five has ADHD and anxiety and still further diagnosing. He was on it for a month and half and he was so awesome on it. Dr did 40 mg a day and love how it works throughout whole day. Unfortantly insurance did not want to approve before age six and it cost over 370 dollars. I've gone through way too many medicines with him. Once he turns six you best to believe we are going right back to it!"

jcwm5727 March 27, 2015