User Reviews for Strattera

Learn more about Strattera.

ADHD 218 reviews 36 medications

5.7
Summary of Strattera reviews 218 reviews 5.7

Reviews for Strattera

For ADHD "I have a now 10 yo son that was diagnosed with ADD & ADHD when he was 7. His Dr. has put him on all different types of meds since. The only one we found that seemed to work for him, was Vyvanse, well now he's on Strattera 18 MG and I had to rush him to the ER because he was complaining about his chest bothering him, and I mean really bad. They said he was fine, besides his heart rate,which was really really high, but they didn't see anything wrong. I mentioned he was on Strattera, and they said that the meds can be a big part of it. I took him off of it for the next two days, and he was fine. Started him back on it, and a week later, (2/6/16) he was having pains in his chest again, so I've been trying to get a hold of his Dr to stop it."

Freaked mother in De. February 8, 2016

For ADHD "My son who is 12 has been on this medication now for about 6 months. 40 mg a day. It does absolutely nothing for him. The Dr tried upping his dose to 50mg and he started having major mood swings, anxiety and depression. Ritalin, Concerta, Vyvanse we have tried those too but the side effects were too much for him to handle. I'm at a loss what to do now. No more meds I guess?"

Teri Mc (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 3, 2016

For ADHD "The first month on Strattera, I did not feel well. It made me tired and grumpy. Then, after it stopped being a nuisance, it started being nothing. No help, ZERO. Waste of time, money and liver. I quit cold turkey after my 6th month script ran out. Too expensive to continue paying a lot of money for ZERO. (I no longer had the same insurance that had a copay. I do not know how much it would have cost with my new insurance)."

Scarecrow21978 February 2, 2016

For ADHD "In the 6th grade I missed two consecutive days, then took my pill as I would any other day. Throughout the day I felt terrible and eventually I went to the nurse. She took my heart rate and said it would've been okay if I had just sprinted a mile, but I had been sitting in class. She checked again 10 minutes later and my heart rate was slower than it should have been at a resting state. She called my parents and I went to the doctor immediately. I had to be hooked up to machines and monitored. The nurse said I was lucky not to have a heart attack that day. I've been scared of Stratera/Adderall/Ritalin ever since."

Zac1995 February 2, 2016

For ADHD "My daughter 7 years old, prescribed strattera 20 mg. once a day. I looked in here to see what happened if she didn't take it when she doesn't have school. it doesn't make sense to me, that if it takes 2 weeks to get into the system (body) then how is it okay to skip 2 days of taking it. wouldn't she have side affects &/or take a few days after starting it again to be back to normal."

wondering why? (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 1, 2016

For ADHD "As I was reading all the comments when I first start taking strattera I ignored it in the beginning and I've been on it almost a month now honestly no advantages at all. My first week I almost had a fight in a restaurant because a guy parked near my car blocking it. I started throwing words at people I don't know. I became super aggressive and angry with every one my friends and family. I will see my doctor ASAP to get me out of this shit drug."

A7md January 31, 2016

For ADHD "An unusual side effect I experience is head tingling every time I urinate"

Bill1234321 (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2016

For ADHD "I've been on every ADHD medication under the sun. After heavily abusing adderall and lying to my doctors, I broke out in a huge body rash that went all the way up to my face. I didn't like the way adderall made me feel. Like a zombie. I was wide awake, felt euphoric, but I didn't do anything. I just sat there for hours chainsmoking while on my phone. I decided to try straterra. I love it! It does everything adderall did minus the tweaky stimulant effect. And, I can't abuse it :) my adhd is under control, my depression disappeared, and I feel like myself again."

Matt1990 January 19, 2016

For ADHD "All it did was make me feel like a zombie. I personally don't recommend this drug, as it only makes you get nauseous and very tired, and causes insomnia."

KittySin (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 18, 2016

For ADHD "I am starting on a low dose as I was given a stimulant type at first, which made me feel sick and stopped me sleeping. So now I am on Atomxetine but just a low dose as I seem to suffer badly with side effects. At my recent assessment, the doc told me to increase dose to 40mg, then 80, but I decided to start on 20 mg, then 40 second week. Only I am finding I can't sleep so I am going to try to take about 2 hours before bedtime, see if that helps. Not sure what to do if these don't work ...Any advice would be grateful, thanks"

fmac January 17, 2016

For ADHD "I've taken strattera at first and didn't like it so went on adderall XR 15 mg once a day. Increased energy and increased focus. After a while, the increased energy was TOO MUCH so I decided to try strattera. I dropped the adderall dose and took them both together for a Few weeks before discontinuing the adderall. They feel virtually identical. I take strattera twice a day to avoid daytime sleepiness & no longer feel over stimulated and zombified and I have energy, & increased focus. I did have a headache for the first couple of days. Took an adderall yesterday and yup felt identical. Could barely tell a difference except got a bad headache at the end of the day on the come down and I also felt like a zombie again. Oh yeah, no come down on strattera!"

Britttt January 5, 2016

For ADHD "I was prescribed strattera 50mg once a day to go along with the 20mg of Ritalin I take 2x a day because the Ritalin doesn't cover me for later at night, because I go out almost every night with friends. The doctor said after a week or 2 it should start to work. I took it for 2 weeks and continued to get cold sweats, shivers, and just felt like crap so I stopped taking it. It didn't help one bit. It made me feel like I was on a anti depressant or something. All around terrible experience and I will never take it again. I'm at my doctors today to rectify the situation"

Ryan GGGgGgg December 24, 2015

For ADHD "I was diagnosed with ADHD very late in life, at 55. My main symptoms are depression, anxiety, insomnia, lack of motivation/energy and a raft of others. I have tried every anti-depressant available, most of which didn't work or the side effects were too bad. I always seem to have to take high doses of medication, and ended up on 120mg of Strattera. It didn't do much for my concentration or cognitive symptoms, but after a few months I noticed my motivation getting better. However, it caused my quite severe cardiac symptoms and the dose was dropped to 100mg. I needed to think straight, so Methylphenidate was added. This was a great combination for me, apart from the side effects which often go away given time, but in my case didn't."

Sooty404 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 13, 2015

For ADHD "Recently diagnosed with ADHD at the age of 22, and am a full time college student with difficulties getting my responsibilities and homework assignments done. Started on 40mg once a day with instructions to bump up to twice a day after 3 days if I needed. I refused to bump up because of the crappy effects. I know some people have had great results with this drug, but I was not one of them. The only positive thing I noticed was the ability to tune out outside noises and distractors, but those distractions your own head puts out are still there. Side effects: complete revulsion to food, sluggish and lethargic, lack of motivation or enthusiasm, and EXTREME irritability. By the 5th day, I refused to take it."

MariusJTR December 1, 2015

For ADHD "My doctor gave me a free sample pack of Strattera and had me start at 20mg, and increase the dose all the way to 80mg. I didn't notice a difference until I got to 60mg, and at 80mg, the side effects became all too apparent. I noticed that I was able to focus on a particular topic for longer periods of time, but that's it; my motivation, procrastination, sluggishness, irritability, memory problems, all remained the same. Now for the side effects, my head starts to itch, my testicles become very tender, but worst of all I start to get depressed. I don't think this medication is for someone without the Hyperactivity part of ADHD. Because I am sluggish enough as it is."

Matt F. November 19, 2015

For ADHD "I have been looking for a medication that will keep me at a stable pace all day, not with the several ups and downs I experience on Motiron and Ritalin. I have tried Adderall, Ritalin, Straterra, and more than 3 other medications. But of all the medications I have tried, Straterra gave me the worst side effects by far. I felt sick to my stomach, irritable, toxic, I had a headache for 3-4 hours a day and the come down was terrible. I went through extreme periods of depression and anxiety while on this medication for only 2 weeks! I know some people can feel the effects after a few weeks, but for me it just wasn't worth it to continue. Hope it works for others but this non-stimulant was all side-effects and no help for my ADHD."

GradSchoolADHD (taken for less than 1 month) November 19, 2015

For ADHD "19 yrs Male 175 lb I was diagnosed with ADHD in March, being an engineering major made my psychiatrist skeptical if I actually had ADHD (I do), so he prescribed me Strattera. He told me it was completely safe and had no side effects. I took it daily, for a month straight, and I felt nothing. I told my psychiatrist this and he increased my dosage to 40 mg. I continued taking my dosage daily and did not notice anything on the first week of my 40 mg dosage. However, I did start developing irrational thoughts. For example, I began thinking everyone hated me, soon after, I started becoming suicidal. I tried killing myself by overdosing on opiates, but my roommate called the ambulance. I stopped taking it, and I started feeling normal again."

Pricey, Dangerous, & Garbage (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 15, 2015

For ADHD "I'm a 18 year old female and I started taking 80mg strattera for ADD and honestly didn't see much to any improvement, I couldn't focus any better than I could before . I became so unmotivated I didn't even want to get out of bed anymore. It calmed me down defiantly and relieved my anxiety 100% but it made me so 'for lack of a better word' depressed. And when I would forget to take it or couldn't get to the pharmacy to refill the prescription for a couple days I would get these massive headaches that hurt so bad I could've cried. Overall I think it just didn't work for me"

Anonymous November 13, 2015

For ADHD "I'm a 43 y.o. female diagnosed with ADD or ADHD at the age of 30-it's actually the inattentive type if you want to be specific. I kind of knew I had it most of my life because my bro and father had it. was prescribed ritalin-had energy....but increased my anxiety & insomnia (1-2 yrs) . Only lasted 4-6 hours but racing thoughts & heart palps at night. Now at 43-I had to ask Dr. repeatedly to prescribe Stratterra-non stimu-helps tremendously w/ anxiety & I can focus somewhat better. Tired in the day but I can complete tasks faster-sleeping much better :) Bonus: I pee less during the day. Took about 1 mo to kick in- side effects: tingling and tiredness. Got used to it."

43 and holding November 10, 2015

For ADHD "I had such high hopes for Strattera, but it was completely ineffective and actually made my condition worse. I wanted it to help me focus on work: sending emails, making phone calls, generally being able to work at a computer and other things. I started at 40mg a day, and found myself slightly more tired. I raised it to 60mg a day and seemed to get more tired and less motivated to get anything done. Finally I went to 80mg and still no help with focus. I just found that I was lethargic, unmotivated and tired. I took naps and lazed around, but didn't get as excited about things as I had before the medicine. My job requires creativity, and it's hard to be creative if you're not excited about it. So I actually became LESS productive."

charger1994 November 9, 2015

For ADHD "I'm a 24 year old female who was prescribed strattera and Ciprolex combined. I have been diagnosed as ADHD and mild depression. I was on Ciprolex for a number of years before strattera and had no side effects but when I started taking Strattera within 2 days I had heart palpitations, dizziness, sleepiness and nausea. I stayed on the medication because I could not focus on even the most basic of tasks so I dealt with these side effects. After a year I started to feel great!! So I weaned myself off and within 2 months I became such an angry, depressed and filled with anxiety over nothing. Anxiety to the point where I thought I was going to be sick. So now I'm stuck dealing with these pills or be worse than before."

Koolkat78 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 25, 2015

For ADHD "Did nothing for my ADHD. Made me aggressive and easily angered, complete change of personality for the worse."

gbs mom (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 23, 2015

For ADHD "My 5 year old daughter has been on 10 mg of Strattera daily for 3 days. Her first dose was opened and in a prune and Apple sauce mixture....tummy ache in 30 minutes. The second and third dose were in the capsule and a table spoon of chocolate pudding....she swallowed it and had no tummy pain....we are pleased, so far, and we got a good report from her teacher, today. I had her say the alphabet tonight and she was more focused and did not mispronounce a single letter. I am a FNP and WHNP so I have treated a lot of ADHD kids. Our daughter's Psychiatrist suggested Strattera due to her new diagnosis and young age. So far she is eating well and fast asleep, beside me. I hope this continues to be a positive experience."

Hopeful dad. October 19, 2015

For ADHD "My 9 yr old son has verbal dyspraxia, sensory processing disorder and ADHD. We tried Ritalin which was ok for a year. We didn't give it to him on weekends and school holidays. Then this last term the retalin started causing depression, aggression, mood swings, more headaches and stomach aches. We stopped the Ritalin and saw an improvement, though he was still easily distracted and disrupting the class. Doctor then said we should try Strattera. From what I had read about it I was not hopeful and expected bad side effect. To my surprise it worked from day one. No side effects. He feels better and happier and is able to listen better so less fights at home and teacher is happy with improvement."

KB8106 (taken for less than 1 month) October 13, 2015

For ADHD "My 8 year old daughter was prescribed this medication yesterday by our PCP. For the past 6 months she was on Adderrall 10mg and I decreased her to 5mg two months ago. She weighs.64 lbs and 10 mgs of adderrall had her like a zombie, the 5 most recently caused her to become anxious, overly sensitive, and literally trichllomania - literally developing the habit of pulling her out. I stopped the adderall this week and her doctor suggested Strattera. I got an email from my daughters teacher after sending her to school on the 1st day of her new meds. My daughter was experiencing super fatigue, headache, and nausea. She was definitely calm, but she could not eat dinner and my baby was so hot to the touch. I will NOT give her any more meds."

Single Mom of 8 Year old (taken for less than 1 month) October 7, 2015