User Reviews for Strattera

Learn more about Strattera.

ADHD 166 reviews 32 medications

Summary of Strattera reviews 166 reviews 6.0

Reviews for Strattera

For ADHD "I couldn't handle the side affects. Night sweats with intense anxiety and nausea. Couldn't sleep. Terrible. Only lasted 2 weeks."

CrazyCatLady200 May 9, 2015

For ADHD "This drug does help me calm down and focus (it also really helped me with my anxiety) but the side effects of vomiting, feeling like I don't care about the world and my head is squished in, and ultimately my inability to stay awake throughout the day left me asking my doctor for a change of medication. For reference, this was my first medication used to manage my adult ADHD and I started on one pill for three days and was moved up to two and these side effects worsened with two pills."

Brooke_Ann1993 April 28, 2015

For ADHD "Worst treatment I've tried, may even exacerbate ADHD symptoms. Causes depression, fatigue and anxiety without even working to improve concentration. Don't even feel or act like myself since I started this med. People even know something is wrong when they talk to me. Trying to stop/change treatment, but Doctor only wants to keep me on this med until college semester is over. Have tried Concerta before, worked somewhat."

20y male college student April 27, 2015

For ADHD "Diagnosed with having ADHD in my early 20's. Dr. wanted me to try out Strattera before a stimulant since I also have anxiety and he feared a med like Adderrall would make it worst. This is my second month on it and it does seem to be working. I am better able to concentrate and my head seems more "clear". I'm on 80mg. Stomach-aches and drowsiness started off horrible when I first began taking this med but these side effects are almost gone. Still get dry mouth which ranges from mild to "it feels like I've eaten cotton and sand". Unless the side effects are too intense for you, I would at least give this med two months. Think it gets such a bad rep because people don't give it a chance."

TXNchick April 18, 2015

For ADHD "In my 30's, energy levels dropped and found life more challenging. I would wonder how I could get through the day. I took adderall but could feel that it wasn't right. I guess it felt too much of a party drug. After a few doses, I actually just felt, I suppose buzzed, not able to complete tasks. Perhaps the dose wasn't high enough? I went to my doctor with a list of meds. and notes. He picked up on straterra, which wasn't top. The instructions said it may take a month to work! It was instant! I am less irritable, have more mental energy. My brain must have been tired and my thoughts are more positive than negative. I have all the side effects, inconsistently. They are far outweighed by ++. Also try matcha green tea!!"

richie oc (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 13, 2015

For ADHD "Made me feel totally disconnected from social interaction,life,etc. its like it closed my head in."

Tim234515 April 10, 2015

For ADHD "45 year old woman, 138lbs 5'7". Started at 25mg and titrated slowly. Noticed within a week my stress responses improved. Continued to increase as no change to organisation, memory or attention. Felt ok even at 100mg. Then since I started 120mg, I feel quite unwell. I don't think I'm unable to sustain this dose as side effects are strong: nausea after 1hr of ingestion, tiredness, feeling as though I've had too much strong coffee. The S/E definitely more pronounced if I'm not doing anything so I try and stay active and never take this on an empty stomach! I'll give it 2 more weeks at 120mg (which will be 6 weeks total) then gently titrate down. It gives me palpitations, too, which make me unhappy. I get this free on NHS in UK."

Atom68 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 6, 2015

For ADHD "I had bad reaction from Ritalin so I was given Strattera. Strattera gave me and still gives me a nauseous feeling, I always take it with food and after driving to avoid this side effect as much as possible. At times it gives me head aches and irritability due to me feeling off. It is very effective in controlling my hyperactivity. I am much more attentive. Its benefits out weigh its current side effects, I recommend talking to your doctor and to keep trying new medicines to find out what works best for you. I gave it a 6/10. Its expensive, $140ish"

StephySunshine April 6, 2015

For ADHD "36 year old female diagnosed last year. I did not want medication, but fearing I'd lose my job from symptoms, talked to my doctor and gave Strattera a try. Been on it a month. Can see major improvements in concentration, getting things done, not jumping from one thing to another constantly. I'm also a calmer, less anxious version of myself, more patient mother. Things don't seem to bother me as much! My head is quiet. For side effects the first 2 days were bad - chills, tingling/current sensation on my scalp, upper back and neck and numb arms, drowsy. My doctor told me not to quit, so glad I did! No constipation or trouble urinating. Still get occasional chills and scalp tingling, low appetite (good cause I was overeating!). Hope it lasts!"

Lisa7171 March 30, 2015

For ADHD "My son five has ADHD and anxiety and still further diagnosing. He was on it for a month and half and he was so awesome on it. Dr did 40 mg a day and love how it works throughout whole day. Unfortantly insurance did not want to approve before age six and it cost over 370 dollars. I've gone through way too many medicines with him. Once he turns six you best to believe we are going right back to it!"

jcwm5727 March 27, 2015

For ADHD "I'm ADD and Bipolar. Strattera has helped give me a laser like focus in the morning. If I don't get enough sleep I can't stay awake (it seems to cause drowsiness) but if I am well rested, I am on task. The only negative is as the day wears on, it seems to lose effectiveness. I could use another dose by 3pm. I am thirsty all the time, dry mouth and not very hungry. I'm on my 2nd month and seeing how it goes. I've tried Adderall that made me way too nervous and Effexor which didn't do enough."

Bipolar party of two March 24, 2015

For ADHD "This medicine was awful for me. I felt nauseous taking it, moodiness and had a hard time staying awake after 3-4 hours. I also had a hard time driving during that time too. Do not like it"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2015

For ADHD "Gums started hurting 2nd day 3rd day unbearable and face started to swell had to lie down as dizzy , violently sick, pins and needles in hand , very unhappy tooth ache I as trying to tolerate as got told takes time to work but I was in to much pain so phoned Dr who told me to stop taking it, I never want to take this drug ever again I feel very unwell. No help at all to my AHHD just feel completely Unwell"

Kazzarazza February 23, 2015

For ADHD "I just started taking Strattera a little less than two weeks ago. I was taking Adderall for two years but my doctor took me off it because he was concerned that I suddenly began losing weight rapidly. I haven't noticed many side effects from Strattera but I have been a little more tired than usual. I still haven't seen any increase in my ability to focus but it seems like it could take up to a month or so for the full effect. However, I also have epilepsy which might possibly make my experience with it much different than others. Here's to hoping it works out!"

Firstt Timerr February 15, 2015

For ADHD "I have been on Strattera for 5 weeks now. I'm 48 years old and have been treated for bipolar and anxiety disorders from the age 19, have tried dozens of med combinations and have been hospitalized a few times when unable to cope. This last time a therapist suggested it may be ADHD and doctor put me on 40mg... its a night and day difference. I have never in my life had this kind of clarity and focus and other then dry mouth and a bit of a lost appetite side effect which is much better then past combinations."

very great (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 14, 2015

For ADHD "My son, now 10, was diagnosed with impulse control issues. He has always had As and Bs in school and always loves to read. He gets bored alot in class and his impulse control (blurting out, saying what's on his mind/no filter) had caused him to be put in alternative school (where his grades began to falter). Over the summer, we had him evaluated and they said that meds would help. Our general physician didn't want to put him on a stimulant and suggested Straterra. First 2 months @ 60mg. Lost 15lbs (which put him at the right weight actually) and slept all the time. Backed off to 40mg since then and he's maintained his weight, sleeps well and maintained grades. Too bad our monthly script cost increased x9. Looking for a cheaper alternative."

Sean Lee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 2, 2015

For ADHD "I started with a low dose and then took the highest dose. I noticed nothing for the first two months and then I felt suicidal, derpressed and it did nothing for my ADHD. It was costly even with insurance and I had to stop taking it. Now I'm stuck with my ADHD and never have I felt worse than I did on this medication. It messes with your mind."

Jonathan C (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 29, 2015

For ADHD "It's the only ADD med that actually works for me. The higher the dose the clearer I think (male 5'11 185). However, if my dose is over 40mg (I've taken as much as a 100mg) then I get erectile dysfunction, penis shrinkage and dry mouth. Once I lowered my dose to 40mg I stopped concentrating as good but the side effects went away too."

Nick31 (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 23, 2015

For ADHD "40 yr old male newly diagnosed first time to take ADD meds. Small dose definitely gave focus, but mind was racing at night. Bad sleep, woke up many times, clock seems to tick very slow. Noticeable side effects included: decreased urine flow, ED, shrinkage and semen leakage prior to climax. Got up to 40mg and quit."

Raymond m January 8, 2015

For ADHD "(18 years old, 104lbs, 5'0) I was on 25 mg and switched to 40mg as I hadn't noticed anything after a month. So far I have dry mouth sometimes, feel more tired, nausea after taking pill. Also, those around had noticed that I am blah all the time after I take it and that I completely change from my upbeat personality to very flat. I will be talking to my doctor about taking a stimulant instead so I won't have to take it everyday."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 2, 2015

For ADHD "I am on a trial pack starting from 25 mg with an increases of 15 - 20 mg a week. I am at my second week at 40mg and so for all I feel is the side effects. I found that if I take it on an empty stomach I get extremely nauseous for about and hour or two. I can't really tell if it's working yet since I'm only in my second week, but so far I'm not too optimistic. I was on Wellbutrin before and that had little to no effect on me. I don't feel depressed at all but I will say my anxiety has diminished. As for the ADD I guess will just have to wait and see."

Zachary S (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2014

For ADHD "I'm only on day 1 with 40mg dose, but I noticed the front of my brain hurts and I'm endlessly thirsty. Getting up and sitting down has made me a little dizzy also. Hope it gets better with time or I'll ask doc for a change of meds."

tayce (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2014

For ADHD "I had taken Adderall, Concerta and other ADHD medications which all caused me to lose my appetite, get moody or come down from it and I felt I wasn't able to be myself. Strattera took a few weeks to kick in, I fell asleep constantly for the first two-four weeks (I know lots of people jump the Strattera ship then saying it is not working or making them sleepy) but after 4 weeks I started to feel like myself again. Except my mind got clearer, I could organize my room/now apartment, do all my school work, do everything I need to do, have better conversations and do not binge eat. I take 40mg and have had no side effects from it. It also helps my anxiety. It is my miracle."

CollegeGal December 3, 2014

137 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For ADHD "I started taking Strattera a few weeks ago for ADD. I have noticed it makes me really calm compared to my usual ways. It helps me focus a little better than I used to but I am still not really focused during class. I take 80mg a day, yes I know that's a lot but that's what was prescribed for me. I have completely lost my appetite. Some days go by and I realize I haven't eaten anything. I have lost 10 lbs. Other than that it just gives me a really dry mouth. I always take over the counter sleep aids so I always sleep fine. I wonder if I should try Adderall? Concerta I have already tried and did not like it."

Amb0472 November 26, 2014

For ADHD "I had been on Strattera for 8 years. It did great but within last year things seemed to change. I thought it wasn't working due to my memory and concentration but now being off for about a month realize it was doing a lot. I am now having headaches lack of motivation loosing temper easily etc. My family and friends see a significant change in my behavior. (Negative change). Concentration and focus have always been an issue on and off medicine so I just have to work harder with it. Also realize it takes more than this medicine to really have success."

spaz2 (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 25, 2014