User Reviews for Celexa

7.6
Summary of Celexa reviews 422 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Celexa

Review by mowergoalie (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I found citaprolam 10 mg dose using for three months has stopped my gambling addiction straight away. I also stopped feeling paranoid and depressed.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 23, 2015 3:39 PM

Review by Haylie S (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: Within a few weeks of starting Celexa my depression disappeared almost completely. The side effects that are the most noticeable for me are tiredness, weight gain, and sensitivity to light. The stuff does its job, but the side effects are a bit hard to deal with.

February 8, 2015 1:55 AM

Review by Miss Michelle Renee (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: Celexa was a miracle for me. I was struggling with debilitating depression and anxiety, but after 6 weeks on Celexa, I feel almost myself again. It does take the full 6-8weeks to kick in, so make sure you give it at least a few months to get all the benefits.

January 31, 2015 9:29 PM

Review by Fizzletots (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety and Stress: It works well for anxiety. Difficult to orgasm, get really sleepy if I drink (esp. Scotch/liquor), but other than that definitely more chill. Sleeping better, chest pain I was having from anxiety has virtually disappeared after 6 weeks on 20mg. Going to keep on it for 6 months then taper & reevaluate. Gained 10lbs and liking carbs more. Seems related to the meds.

January 30, 2015 7:14 AM

Review by zillafish (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety and Stress: I suffer from anxiety, OCD, bipolar, and depression. This medication has made me sluggish and slow because of that I have gained weight which has just added to the stress and anxiety. It has done nothing for me. My anxiety is still intruding on my life. My OCD is not being helped because my anxiety is not being dealt with.

January 29, 2015 4:58 AM

Review by Sales guy (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Anxiety and Stress: Absolutely changed my life. Sleeping habits greatly improved. Sudden stress disappeared. Sense of calmness I haven't had in decades returned.

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 28, 2015 9:54 PM

Review by ronmon06:

For Anxiety and Stress: I had to start taking Celexa after my mom died 4 years ago and I must say it worked for me. Well my dad died last July and my stress shot out of the roof and my doctor added buspirone and I took it until I felt better and then I quit all my anxiety medicines altogether back in December thinking I got this. Well I had a week long anxiety attack that landed me in the ER. Don't stop taking your medicines just because you feel good. Now I have to start all over again but I will be better now.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 26, 2015 6:47 AM

Review by grassmunchy (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: I've just started this, I've taken 2 doses and I know it's supposed to take a couple of weeks to start to work, but I can already feel a difference.

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 23, 2015 11:51 AM

Review by doggies (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Anxiety and Stress: I had to quit smoking, and was deep in the throes of everything mental. Called my doctor, and he prescribed Celexa...one-half pill (20 mg). I was furious! Half a pill? They either didn't have any idea what I was dealing with, or didn't care. I griped, but I started that night, with my little `1/2 pill. The next day I didn't even think about a cigarette until I realized I hadn't thought about them! I love Celexa.

January 18, 2015 5:07 PM

Review by justbeinghonest14:

For Depression: I have been taking it for 8 months. I noticed a dramatic difference. Most negative thoughts are gone. But I still have times. A lot. Where I think and feel the way I did before. I know this isn't magical and going to take the pain away. Just wanted you all to know that it helps a lot.

January 17, 2015 7:24 PM

Review by Bettsann (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: I just started taking 10mg Celexa the evening of Jan 14, took another one same time next night. Next morning I was miserably sick. Nausea, more wretching than vomiting, weak, headachey, all over sick feeling... This was like (but this time much worse) the reaction I had when I started Prozac. Dr. agreed that my first bad reaction WAS to the Prozac, called yesterday and said I won't take more Celexa. I am done with SSRI's. I am wondering if anyone else has had this same reaction...

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 17, 2015 12:19 PM

Review by Ser85 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Anxiety and Stress: I was on this for a little over a year and all it did was make me gain 30 pounds. I started taking it for anxiety and it helped, but then I became very depressed. It also made me crave carbs..hence the 30 lb weight gain. I'm on Cymbalta now and doing SO much better.

January 12, 2015 9:39 PM

Review by weeshy:

For Depression: I started Celexa last April after having tried numerous other antidepressants. It took a good 6 weeks for me to really get the full effect of the medication, but it has changed my life. I found it to be subtle, effective, and lasting without any side effects. I really think it's a matter of your personal brain chemistry whether an antidepressant will work for you. It's worth it to keep trying to find one that fits for you.

January 6, 2015 8:25 AM

Review by Keepit100 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I've suffered from depression/social anxiety for years. After a recent breakup, my depression spiraled out if control. My doc put me on Remeron for about a month which did nothing Except help me sleep. In the past I've taken: Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft, Wellbutrin, Lexapro and Buspar. I was just prescribed 20mg Celexa a week ago and WOW-the constant racing cynical voices have been silenced-instead of picturing worst case scenarios I'm picturing best case scenarios-I haven't felt this "at peace" feeling for SO LONG. I'm excited, because the dark cloud is lifting more by the day. I haven't experienced any side effects.

December 31, 2014 1:09 AM

Review by Gkmason:

For Anxiety and Stress: I really didn't know I had a problem with anxiety until I started this medication for a bout of situational depression (my husband leaving me while I was deployed), and as soon as I started taking it, it was like all of the horrible cloudiness that kept me awake every night, that I dubiously named depression, completely subsided. I had had anxiety all along, and probably my entire life. I have been using Celexa (5mg) on and off for a few years now, when things seem to just spiral out of my control, and it has been wonderful, and worked perfectly every time, immediately, with no side effects. I am beyond thankful.

December 30, 2014 3:05 PM

Review by JudeClint:

For Anxiety and Stress: I started Celexa in July and within a few weeks those closest to me remarked on the difference how much happier and less angry I seemed. I felt less overwhelmed by stress and felt happier. The change had been subtle from my viewpoint, and it wasn't until after my doctor suggested a change in medicine, I realized how much it helped me. Within days I noticed my irritability had returned and within a couple weeks I felt as if I weren't taking anything at all. I asked my doctor to return me to Celexa. Side effects I've noticed: initial nausea, jittery (especially with the addition of caffeine), vivid dreams, weight loss (15 pounds since July).

December 28, 2014 9:18 PM

Review by Flowly improving (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: Along with Celexa at 20mg, for about 5 weeks, I take 150mg of Wellbutrin, and 40 mg of methadone. I've had several back surgeries so live with chronic pain. Along with an improvement of depression and anxiety, I noticed that my appetite has decreased. No weight gain, maybe lost a couple pounds. I noticed improvement on the first couple days! I've tried Prozac & Welbutrin, individually & together, but not much help. I recommend giving Celexa a try over any other medicines.

December 24, 2014 4:24 PM

Review by Jillybean1979:

For Anxiety and Stress: Day 4 of Celexa & WOW my negative thoughts, constant worry & irritation have almost vanished! I'm taking 10mg a day and am amazed at how quickly I feel this medicine working. I have had some bad headaches, dizziness & a little nausea but that's about it & totally worth it for the difference I'm feeling. I feel like life is worth living again. Thank you Celexa!

130 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 20, 2014 1:17 PM

Review by allysmo3:

For Depression: I just started taking Celexa and it worked really good. I'm happy all the time and my marriage is getting better.

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 19, 2014 3:44 PM

Review by joanmredd:

For Anxiety and Stress: I have suffered from panic attacks for about 12 years. Because I have a brother who became addicted to xanax and ended up detoxing in a hospital I have been afraid of all medication. After a major scare concerning a health issue I found I could no longer ignore the consequences of the attacks. I have lost 20 lbs in 5 years and am now very underweight. I had no appetite and dreaded meals. I started taking Celexa 3 weeks ago and the change is amazing. I still wake up in the middle of the night and I do have very vivid dreams. However, now when I wake up and do not go into a panic attack. I am eating 3 meals a day. The only side effects I have are headaches and constipation. I would recommend this medicine.

December 18, 2014 1:08 PM

Review by Joey from Loueeezziana:

For Anxiety and Stress: I got on Celexa about 5 months ago. The reason was stress. I went to the doctor for a routine physical after turning 30. He was going through a checklist of questions and when 'stress' came up I was like absolutely. Just married, new house, new baby, trying to elevate myself in the professional world --- all wonderful stuff but challenging and stressful. He prescribed Celexa to "take the edge off." It did just that. Nothing major, but you can feel it for the first few weeks. You're just a little more chill. It makes it difficult to get angry (i.e. road rage never happens). I took it a few months then I stopped. Didn't notice any side effects from getting off it. Didn't feel it anymore after a few months anyway.

December 15, 2014 11:13 AM

Review by Dawn_Dawn1968 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Depression: Celexa is a literally a magic pill, for me. 20 minutes, tops & I feel like myself again. I've been taking it for about 4 years for 1 or 2 months a couple of times a year. The holidays are always bad. I get so sick of crying all the time. Sobbing, actually. I've tried a few other antidepressants but nothing works like Celexa. For me. May not be for everyone. Other people may need to take Celexa for a longer or more regular period of time & it can take up to 2-3 weeks for the medication to completely work, for a lot of people. Ask your doctor & give it a try.

December 8, 2014 6:55 PM

Review by StephanieAlice (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety and Stress: My doctor put me on Celexa when I started having tension headaches from severe stress. The headaches were gone after a week of taking the medication. A week later, I started tripping over my own feet & my pharmacist told me the medication was to blame. My stress was absolutely more manageable, though!

December 7, 2014 5:40 PM

Review by anxiousaf (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Anxiety and Stress: Took this for about a year and it was highly effective. Boosted my mood and rid of most my anxiety in just a week of starting it. Only thing was it made me sick at first but I switched to taking it at night and I was fine! I'd recommend Celexa over anything.

December 1, 2014 11:08 AM

Review by kavsp:

For Anxiety and Stress: I started this medication 2 1/2 years ago it has worked wonders for me. It took my anxiety away. I used to have panic attacks that would last for hours and hours I thought I was loosing my mind. This made me feel normal again I hadn't had an actual anxiety attack in over 2 years. Thank you Celexa.

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 27, 2014 9:51 PM