User Reviews for Celexa

7.5
Summary of Celexa reviews 392 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Celexa

Review by JJen_rose57:

For Depression: Simply put a "MIRACLE".

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 17, 2014 10:31 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: Celexa has changed my life in 5 days! Thanks to a doctor who finally understood what was wrong with me after suffering excruciating physical pain for at least 10 or more years. I feel lIke a new person. Have had more energy in the last 5 days than I have for 5 years! Suffering from some insomnia but I am sure that will go away. - 51 year old female

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 16, 2014 11:03 PM

Review by Lisabel (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: Started Celexa a month ago. At first, tremors, dry mouth, shaking, and dead libido. After a week, my jaw was petrified, my teeth hurt, was always biting my tongue. My energy was gone. Was sleeping 9hrs at night, and 3-4 hrs nap in the afternoon. I was a zombie. I just switch to Wellbutrin, and I pray for better results.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 8, 2014 6:50 PM

Review by KeeksterReekster (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I was finally diagnosed with clinical depression and anxiety last week. I have been suffering since childhood, but only recently obtained help. The doctors prescribed me Celexa. I've been on it for a few days now and I feel a noticeable difference. I wonder if that's even possible; I've read everywhere that it takes several weeks to notice some changes. Placebo effect maybe? Anyways, I appreciate having a more positive outlook on life and I even found the side effect (lightheadedness) a tad pleasant.

September 29, 2014 3:49 PM

Review by Ella Sue:

For Anxiety and Stress: Have been taking this for 2 weeks, and the positive effects were immediate for me. I did have some initial side effects such as dry mouth (lasted a few days), and change in bowel movement (getting better ), yawning a lot first 3-5 days, better now. The impact it has had on me has been nothing but GREAT. I had a lot of areas of stress in my life from family to work, and the anxiety made me feel my heart was going to jump out of my chest! Now, those little things don't worry me, and I've been able to let go of personal struggles that were holding me down, including a broken heart! This has let me be myself again, and most of all to enjoy life again!!

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 28, 2014 7:29 PM

Review by New woman (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety and Stress: This medication has changed my life. I am bipolar so I take it with my Trileptal (mood stabilizer). I've been searching for the right medicine combination for 10 years and I've never felt better. I started Celexa 6 weeks ago and It took about a month to feel it working. I had headaches and stomach problems but all that has subsided. I am free from the debilitating anxiety I've dealt with my entire life. I feel a sense of hope and happiness I never thought possible for me. I recommend this to anyone who struggles with anxiety, obsessive thoughts, low energy, stress sensitive or depressed. It's truly been a God send.

September 27, 2014 2:20 AM

Review by bill71:

For Anxiety and Stress: I have been on Celexa since January of this year and the medicine has been awesome. Stress, anxiety and panic attack free. Celexa gave me my life back. I was scared to take it at first because of all the stuff I read on the Internet. My advice to anyone starting any SSRI is not to read all the horror stories on the internet. It will just make it worse, believe me. All I can say is I never want to go back to the way it was. That being said if I have to take Celexa the rest of my life so be it.

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 23, 2014 1:17 PM

Review by tacjam:

For Anxiety and Stress: AMAZING.....after 1 week I could sleep, all panic attacks, seating, fear of dying, heart racing stopped. Have never been better.

127 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 9, 2014 4:20 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I had the same experience as the last post, had been in a state of worsening depression for months, about 2 days after starting Celexa it was like I snapped out of it, and the last four months has been a bad dream. I too worry that its to much to fast, its supposed to take weeks at least, however apparently for some patients and there's no real reason for it, do experience notable improvements within days, the working theory are those with more manic like depression are more apt to it working in shorter terms but its not really known why.

September 9, 2014 9:10 AM

Review by psugirl2030:

For Anxiety and Stress: I have had anxiety for over ten years. 2 years ago I started having severe panic attacks and anxiety. I tried Luvox, Prozac, and now I am taking Celexa. The first did not do much for me and the Prozac made me feel like I was out of my body and gave me really bad side effects. Celexa is amazing I am taking 20mg 2x daily. Highly recommend!

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 6, 2014 10:16 PM

Review by billabcdefg246 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: I was given 10mg and a week later he went up to 20mg. So far I have had constant yawning, sweating attacks, nausea and now diarrhea. I also have problems sleeping at night and this made me tired in afternoon, but I now split dose, 1 before bed and one when I get up...that has helped the symptoms and they are less bothersome now. The sweating is the worst, I ordered Odaban and it is wonderful! You can even apply it to your face and head and that is where I sweat. I have not have any more feelings of doom and gloom and excessive worrying. I feel like I am getting back to normal but it's been 2 weeks and I'm not there yet. So I guess so far so good.

September 2, 2014 11:56 PM

Review by cdmf:

For Anxiety and Stress: I'm a 25 year old female and my doctor prescribed Celexa to help me manage my anxiety. I've been on it just shy of 3 months. I started with 10 mg and increased to 20 mg after about 2 weeks. My initial side effects were dry mouth, decreased appetite, sleepiness and low libido. The first few nights I was on Celexa I also found myself suddenly waking up in the middle of the night in a panic. This also happened after my dose was increased. After almost 3 months on Celexa, all the side effects have disappeared, except my sex drive is completely non-existent. Overall I feel very relaxed and my anxiety symptoms have significantly decreased.

September 1, 2014 2:38 PM

Review by jmpatton (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I have taken 4 doses of Celexa thus far. I noticed changes about 24 hours in. Prior to starting I was very out of it, sad, withdrawn, had urges to hurt myself, no appetite, nausea/vomiting, anxiety, etc. I saw my doctor for my worsening depression and she added Celexa to my other meds (Wellbutrin, Lamictal, Geodon). I had been on that combination and the same dosages since May 2014. My boss noticed major negative changes since May. Today I am a little dizzy and nauseous, but otherwise, feeling much better, which is weird. I am not used to this feeling. I was worried this was too drastic of a change because it had been only 24 hours, but after reading other reviews, I am optimistic.

August 30, 2014 5:20 PM

Review by ChangingMeds03 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Depression: I took Celexa (citalopram) for about 8yrs. I started at 20mg dose and worked up to 40mg over the yrs. I found I was happier in the summer, and with my doctor's help would decrease my dose for a bit, but in winter I'd bump it back up again. Mood wise, Celexa did wonders for me. I was able to live happily for yrs. Missing a day or two was hell, between the brain zaps and bouts of crying I was a mess. The downsides: my libido disappeared. COMPLETELY. Gone. I used to have a very healthy sexual appetite. I also gained about 60lbs while taking this pill. I can't blame it all on the pill, but it didn't help. Overall it was a great mood enhancer, but take it with warning.

August 21, 2014 11:44 AM

Review by Lise71:

For Anxiety and Stress: This is my 12th day on Citalopram and already I am noticing a difference. I was on Effexor for over a year and it was okay but started getting really anxious and having panics attacks all over again, more frequent, and also really sad a lot, so decided to talk to my doctor about switching. He said "Citalopram is my go-to medicine, and it's a lot cleaner than most." I love reading the positive reviews. It gives me high hopes. The first week I did feel a bit off but I know you just have to wait it out and things will look up. So far so good! Good luck everyone!

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 12, 2014 10:51 AM

Review by Beulah888:

For Depression: I began taking Citalopram while having severe headaches: the haze caused by the aches gave me severe anxiety- so I began taking this while finding a solution. I'd always had a bit of anxiety, and bouts of moderate depression, and I noticed after about three weeks of taking Citalopram that I consistently felt glad to be alive- for the first time ever. Living, the tasks associated with it- often feel like a chore, leading to a general cynicism for me. I began at 10 mg: and the new found joy of life was accompanied by a constant need to sleep. 12 hours a day- and lethargy in between. The drowsiness was so bad I couldn't study, so I had to switch to 5 mg. I'm less tired, less happy and more anxious. Compromise. I also take 25 mg Nortriptyline.

August 6, 2014 4:25 PM

Review by HeatherB85:

For Anxiety and Stress: I'm 29 years old...(Mother of 2 boys) I lost my grandma (who raised me) on June 10th (My birthday). She was my everything. This is the first time I've experienced losing someone this close to me. I've had a very difficult time dealing with is, crying everyday....and it has affected me at work with having less patience for things...anxiety, etc. Which I already had anxiety at night before she ever passed away. I've been on Celexa for 5 days and I haven't cried since then. It has made me feel more calm....more understanding of things. My anxiety has subsided a great deal....the only down side is I'm having a little bit of insomnia which I know is a side effect. I'm optimistic about the future now.

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 26, 2014 3:57 PM

Review by bentleys mommy (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: Literally one week of medication and I'm feeling great! I was up at 7:00 am this morning, wide awake. For anyone who knows me, that's amazing. I was ready for my day and made it a productive one. Thank you Celexa you have given me my life back.

108 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 24, 2014 2:40 PM

Review by Britt 25 years old (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety and Stress: This medicine is incredible. I had about four months of out of the blue, never had it before in my life terrible panic and anxiety. I was to the point I was throwing up every morning and constantly worrying and thinking about it. I finally went to the Dr. after crying and feeling miserable for days/months. She prescribed me Celexa 10mg to ween on (minimal side effects nauseous and a little more tired than usual, but I take it at night) then a month later I went to 20mg and I'm happy there. Absolutely no more anxiety or panic and I don't feel like an emotionless zombie I feel just like myself. My sex drive is normal just takes a bit longer to get there.

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 23, 2014 7:09 PM

Review by Bill71 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety and Stress: Started Celexa 10mg beginning of January for stress and anxiety. Went to 20mg in February. This medicine is truly great. I never really had all the side effects. I can truly say I feel 100 percent normal now. No more anxiety or panic attacks. I feel like a normal person again. Probably be on them forever but if I feel great then who cares.

164 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 23, 2014 2:23 PM

Review by Kbh211 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Anxiety and Stress: Was put on 10mg for intense panic attacks, and later moved up to 20mg. This stuff has worked wonderfully! I feel like I'm finally the way I should be - you know how you see other people who are completely relaxed and at peace, and you wonder, "why can't I be like that? Why do I have all this anxiety for no reason?" Well, all of that is gone! It's amazing! I would recommend Celexa to anyone. The only downside is I experienced A LOT of side effects the first month I was on it - increased anxiety, jaw-clenching, headaches, insomnia. But, if you bear down and get yourself through the first month, it's worth it. I finally have my life back!

173 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 13, 2014 1:56 AM

Review by Ladydi4922:

For Depression: When I first started taking it, it really helped me but now it's been over a month and I feel like I did before. I take 40 mg and I need help it's like I am taking nothing at all.

June 9, 2014 7:17 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: Did some yawning in the first week and then my libido started to diminish. After two weeks my yawning went away and was replaced with clarity and a clear mind. The unfortunate downside at 20 mg after two weeks was absolute zero libido, I couldn't have an erection. It's too bad because it's a very effective medicine otherwise. I've switched to Wellbutrin, haven't started it, going through a one-week wash off Celexa.

May 26, 2014 12:14 AM

Review by melissa9:

For Depression: I am 28 year old female. I was prescribed 10 mg. I read a lot of reviews on Celexa where people said they felt a difference the first week and was starting to get really disappointed when I felt no different in that time frame. I have been on it for exactly 7 weeks now and am just now starting to notice a difference. My interests have returned, I have more energy, and I am able to focus. Overall I am definitely happier and don't feel down in the dumps anymore. The only side effect I had was it made me very tired in the beginning but that has gone away completely. For me, Celexa is working!

May 20, 2014 9:55 PM

Review by Bk4 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Depression: Helped with anxiety but not as much for depression. I had to get off this medicine because it caused me to put on 100lbs in 2 years. I've been off for a year and lost 80lbs. Kind of defeats the purpose of medicine if it causes such weight gain.

May 17, 2014 11:54 PM