User Reviews for Celexa

Depression 269 reviews 79 medications

7.4
Summary of Celexa reviews 542 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Celexa

For Anxiety and Stress "It's very good, I'm on 10mg now. I used to take it couple of years ago, and felt much better, so after 2 years I stopped taking it. Now again I felt very anxious, and after one week on citalopram it's much easier for me to socialize. No more need for hydroxizine or valium. The only one side effect is I can not "finish" if you know what I mean;)"

Scared1957 May 3, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "I have extremely bad anxiety and it makes me panic daily and depression, Before this drug i have tried so many other ones that did nothing at all! I was giving up hope on finding something that would work for me until my doctor prescribed me this. I started out low at first but im now on 20mg and even when i started low it did wonders, I use to not be able to talk about it without panicking but within a week after taking it i could actually talk about it and think straight. Thinking back before i was on it to where im at now its like a who new world, I defenitely recommend this."

sarah0927712497 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 3, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "Started 10 mg Citalopram 8 days ago and although they said it would take 2 weeks to really work I started to feel better the first day! Minor nausea the first couple times I took it but it went away quick. This stuff has changed my life. Helped me quit smoking. It's so strange being able to walk around and interact in public without anxiety. Improved my sleep overall however you will probably want to make sure you are active during the day because it takes a little more time to fall asleep. Wonderful Medication, wish I started it much sooner."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "To deal with menopausal symptoms: stress, anxiety, depression and insomnia, I tried paxil and prozac. Not a good result: both very heavy duty - you FEEL drugged. With prozac I was drooling and I didn't even know it; with paxil, I felt dull-witted and thick, like a beached whale. But the 3rd time was a charm: I tried Celexa and it worked almost immediately. I felt calmer, not depressed and I slept like a baby. For me it's the best. the only side effect is one 1/2 hour after taking it I feel nauseous for a few minutes. small price to pay."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 26, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "Weight loss, insomnia, nausea, loss of appetite. EXTREMELY irritable. Sweaty palms. NO THANK YOU."

Anonymous April 21, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "It has saved my sanity and kept me at peace at first I was sick and had a mild headache now I'm eating way too much. I'm terrified if I stop taking this I'm thankful for celexa,"

Julie2467 April 10, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "Trust and believe that celexa WAS a godsend for me, 50"

Anonymous April 5, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "Awful. Didn't help and made me feel so apathetic. My school performance significantly decresed. I tried weaning off from taking 20 mg, then 10mg daily, then 10mg every other day, then 5mg every other day and had the worst withdrawl symptoms ever. Increased anxiety and depression. I was crying all the time and sometime felt manic. I had more pain and also had a fever of +102.8 for three days. Would not recomend"

anxietyridden1280437 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "I have been on celexa for two days now and have had almost no side effects what so ever . I was super hesitant about taking it as both the reviews I read and the doctor who gave it to me told me it would cause bad anxiety for the first week. I was pleasantly surprised when I took my first 20mg dose, as it helped my anxiety almost immediately . I have a bit of nausea and fatigue , along with a bit of dizziness but nothing serious . This is the first time I have gone a day without anxiety in three years, and I know it's not a placebo effect since I initially believed the medication would do the opposite . My sister suffers from depression and after seeing my reaction to the medication is considering seeing a doctor to try it out ."

Mamabearie March 21, 2016

For Depression "I give this a 0 as with all other antidepressants because they don't relieve symptoms naturally. I also had an extremely bad reaction with this one."

jeff.roach0 (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2016

For Depression "THANK god for this drug. I can honestly say they have completely turned my life around. Striking a conversation with an old friend or a stranger used to be incredibly awkward and I would over analyze my words. Now, I’m completely comfortable talking to anyone and I really don’t seem to be bothered by a whole lot. I really do believe this drug has not only changed my life but it has saved my relationship and done wonders for my social life. I have switched to Cipralex due to some side effects, I feel it has the same benefits as Celexa but is much cleaner. For anyone in the beginning stages of this drug, (especially experiencing no libido, digestive issues, insomnia), please just stick it out, I PROMISE it gets much better!"

BG123 March 18, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "Started on prozac 20mg but went off because of low libido. Doctor had me try Celexa 20mg & it was the worst month of my life. So many side effects! Not only did my libido get worse, but I had frequent urination, depression worsened, sleeping pattern messed up, fatigue, always sweating, and it made my period disappear for 3 months & I wasn't pregnant! After a month I went back to Prozac, I couldn't deal with celexas horrible side effects anymore!"

Sunchild00 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 17, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "I have been on a few antidepressants Prozac, Zoloft. Celexa has turned out to be the best as far as side effects. I've been on it 8 years. Just a precaution after a while it will feel like it doesn't do much, I started to skip forget and found myself in a emotional, irritable, angry, sad mood. I'm back on it makes a huge difference."

KING1999 March 9, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "I have been on Celexa for almost 2 years & has completely changed my life for the better. I take 40mg once a day. I suffer from severe anxiety, & mild depression. Celexa is my happy pill. My savior. It's the best pill I have ever been on. I am anxiety & depression free all from Celexa. Never once had one side effect. I am full of energy all the time and am happy beyond happy. It took about a good 2 months for the medication to start doing its job. WELL WORTH THE WAIT. I thank my doctor all the time for introducing me to the wonder drug CELEXA. Give it some time to kick in & you'll thank me later. Lol good luck to all."

Anonymous March 5, 2016

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I was prescribed 20mg citalopram for anxiety and depression. It helped out immensely for keeping me calm, never stressed, and it helped me sleep well at night. However, it killed my libido and has made me emotionless. It didn't help my social anxiety very much. I can go out and not be a nervous wreck, but I can't enjoy myself. I feel like a walking zombie for most of the day, but my appetite is normal. What bothered me the most is, I can't hold a conversation with the people I love the most. I didn't have the enthusiasm to talk to my husband like I used to. I've been on this drug for 2 weeks. It killed my libido on my second day of taking it. I'm going to taper down to 10mg and see how I feel."

MLBA1989 (taken for less than 1 month) March 3, 2016

For Depression "This is VERY tricky to evaluate. My new doc raved about as it had helped her. "They should pipe it right into the water supply!" She squealed. Well... I would rather be clear and sad, than in a zombie-twilight world. 20mg after 2 weeks and I am fed up. Utterly impossible to climax and have an orgasm. And believe me-I tried! 2nd-My girlfriend noticed that I completely stopped playing and practicing guitar! And I am a pro. It's just too dangerous of a mind drug, and perhaps only suitable in extreme situations like death of a family member. Certainly not for just being in a rut, sadness or the blues. It will just zombie you out. Glad I experienced it. Time to move on with life. Without a brain fog chemical. Orgasms are a sign of life"

Mike Pulse February 27, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "I've been on 10 mg for five days. First day I had the shakes n cold n hot , second day I was lil better the shakes stop but didn't eat much , third day I ate two meals n moved around n threw up that night , fourth day I ate like no other but had diarrhea , fifth day lil out of it , yawning a lot yes , sometimes it hard to sleep then others , heart rate lil high at times too but I'm I hope I'll be OK I'm only 5 foot n weighs 109 pounds I dont do well with meds."

Lilshorty88 (taken for less than 1 month) February 24, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "Really have to give it time! I was stuck in a constant state of anxiety and this plus the combination of klonopin has really given my life back. I strongly encourage help if you need it, anxiety is very real and very scary but there is help available! I am unique that I take 30mg daily but it seems like the right dose for me. To really see effects of this medication you must find the correct dose and give anywhere from 4-8 weeks for full effects. There is hope for anyone out there."

kly78 February 24, 2016

For Depression "The citalopram finally made me start feeling less depressed. I was put on a low dose of 10mg daily along with bupropion. They work really well together, but sadly I couldn't afford to keep taking the bupropion."

bnbloomi76 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 20, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "I used Celexa and it was rough. I then went and looked at all the side effects and realized that THE ANXIETY IT WAS TREATING WAS ALSO A SIDE EFFECT. I then in a last ditch effort went to a chiropractor and he changed my life. He explained HOW CHIROPRACTIC HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH NECK AND BACK PAIN. He explained that stress is necessary to live and is a good thing! Our issue with stress is that our body isn't adapting properly to the stress. Chiropractors help our nervous system flow properly so we don't need drugs by removing subluxations. (A subluxation is an interference in the brain body connection) If there is something you could do so you wouldn't have to deal with stress, would you? See a subluxation based chiropractor!"

ImBlue February 17, 2016

For Depression "This med has helped me (male, 50) considerably to deal with depression and panic attacks. I experienced the usual side effects of night sweating and still have some occasional sweaty palms and some yawning. After beginning, my depression initially got worse, but 8 weeks later I feel better-balanced. I switched to taking the med after dinner. I tried 40mg with no additional benefits, only more tired, then back to 20mg. It does take several weeks to reach effectiveness, so be patient if you don't feel immediate improvement."

g one (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 14, 2016

For Depression "I have been taken citalopram since I'm 19 years old, after an acute life event. I started with 20mg a day po which helped me for over 1 year. After 1 year I felt that my depression is coming back so I talked to my physician and we increased the daily dose to 40mg po. I am now taking this medication for over 6 years and for me its the one and only medication that helps. Yes I have had some side effects like loosing weight (15 pounds) trouble sleeping (5-6 h) a day max. and insomnia. But still I can finally start living my normal life which I could not do without this medication. I work as a Rn in a ED and see a lot of patients with depression, ptsd (like me) or other problems who don't take any medications, which I would not recommend..."

Julesrn February 8, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "I woke up.from the absolute craziest dream I've ever had...FREAKING OUT...COULD NOT BREATH, AND THOUGHT I WAS DIEING...I immediately called ppl in my family that have been on antidepressants, and they said just give it time, the side effects will go away...so I continued to take it...today is day 14, I am more nervous and depressed still...I have NO emotion, my head hurts constantly, STILL have no balance...I think my doctor WRONGLY prescribed me something I DIDN'T need, that COMPLETELY ruins with you (when you don't really need it ) I'm severely annoyed...stopping my med tomorrow and flushing the rest of my pills...I'm sooo disgusted"

Lindsay d February 7, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "I've had GAD w severe panic attacks for 16 years. I've been on just about every combo out there. Celexa daily w xanax as needed works for me. 6 yrs ago I was up to 40mg. I was a zombie. No laughing, no crying, emotionless. I told my doc I wanted off completely. I somehow managed for 4 years w only my xanax. Then came a stressful move. Out comes my daily anxiety rearing its ugly head. Went back on just 10mg for 6 mths. Worked great. Now I'm in some seriously stressful times and attacks are daily, debilitating, and exhausting. Went back on 20mg. I try to do everything as naturally as possible, without relying on pills, but I'm not an idiot. Sometimes you just need a bit more. Find the right dose for you and this stuff can work wonders."

KJ12345 February 4, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "I started Celexa after trying many other meds for Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I can't begin to say how much I love it. It' truly has given me a life I never knew. I feel so much better and things now roll off instead of driving me insane! Best decision I ever made. Really need to give it a good two months. That's when I really noticed the change."

Tis2016 February 2, 2016