User Reviews for Celexa

7.6
Summary of Celexa reviews 412 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Celexa

Review by Fizzletots (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety and Stress: It works well for anxiety. Difficult to orgasm, get really sleepy if I drink (esp. Scotch/liquor), but other than that definitely more chill. Sleeping better, chest pain I was having from anxiety has virtually disappeared after 6 weeks on 20mg. Going to keep on it for 6 months then taper & reevaluate. Gained 10lbs and liking carbs more. Seems related to the meds.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 30, 2015 7:14 AM

Review by zillafish (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety and Stress: I suffer from anxiety, OCD, bipolar, and depression. This medication has made me sluggish and slow because of that I have gained weight which has just added to the stress and anxiety. It has done nothing for me. My anxiety is still intruding on my life. My OCD is not being helped because my anxiety is not being dealt with.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 29, 2015 4:58 AM

Review by Sales guy (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Anxiety and Stress: Absolutely changed my life. Sleeping habits greatly improved. Sudden stress disappeared. Sense of calmness I haven't had in decades returned.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 28, 2015 9:54 PM

Review by grassmunchy (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: I've just started this, I've taken 2 doses and I know it's supposed to take a couple of weeks to start to work, but I can already feel a difference.

January 23, 2015 11:51 AM

Review by justbeinghonest14:

For Depression: I have been taking it for 8 months. I noticed a dramatic difference. Most negative thoughts are gone. But I still have times. A lot. Where I think and feel the way I did before. I know this isn't magical and going to take the pain away. Just wanted you all to know that it helps a lot.

January 17, 2015 7:24 PM

Review by Ser85 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Anxiety and Stress: I was on this for a little over a year and all it did was make me gain 30 pounds. I started taking it for anxiety and it helped, but then I became very depressed. It also made me crave carbs..hence the 30 lb weight gain. I'm on Cymbalta now and doing SO much better.

January 12, 2015 9:39 PM

Review by weeshy:

For Depression: I started Celexa last April after having tried numerous other antidepressants. It took a good 6 weeks for me to really get the full effect of the medication, but it has changed my life. I found it to be subtle, effective, and lasting without any side effects. I really think it's a matter of your personal brain chemistry whether an antidepressant will work for you. It's worth it to keep trying to find one that fits for you.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 6, 2015 8:25 AM

Review by Flowly improving (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: Along with Celexa at 20mg, for about 5 weeks, I take 150mg of Wellbutrin, and 40 mg of methadone. I've had several back surgeries so live with chronic pain. Along with an improvement of depression and anxiety, I noticed that my appetite has decreased. No weight gain, maybe lost a couple pounds. I noticed improvement on the first couple days! I've tried Prozac & Welbutrin, individually & together, but not much help. I recommend giving Celexa a try over any other medicines.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 24, 2014 4:24 PM

Review by Jillybean1979:

For Anxiety and Stress: Day 4 of Celexa & WOW my negative thoughts, constant worry & irritation have almost vanished! I'm taking 10mg a day and am amazed at how quickly I feel this medicine working. I have had some bad headaches, dizziness & a little nausea but that's about it & totally worth it for the difference I'm feeling. I feel like life is worth living again. Thank you Celexa!

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 20, 2014 1:17 PM

Review by allysmo3:

For Depression: I just started taking Celexa and it worked really good. I'm happy all the time and my marriage is getting better.

December 19, 2014 3:44 PM

Review by Joey from Loueeezziana:

For Anxiety and Stress: I got on Celexa about 5 months ago. The reason was stress. I went to the doctor for a routine physical after turning 30. He was going through a checklist of questions and when 'stress' came up I was like absolutely. Just married, new house, new baby, trying to elevate myself in the professional world --- all wonderful stuff but challenging and stressful. He prescribed Celexa to "take the edge off." It did just that. Nothing major, but you can feel it for the first few weeks. You're just a little more chill. It makes it difficult to get angry (i.e. road rage never happens). I took it a few months then I stopped. Didn't notice any side effects from getting off it. Didn't feel it anymore after a few months anyway.

December 15, 2014 11:13 AM

Review by Dawn_Dawn1968 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Depression: Celexa is a literally a magic pill, for me. 20 minutes, tops & I feel like myself again. I've been taking it for about 4 years for 1 or 2 months a couple of times a year. The holidays are always bad. I get so sick of crying all the time. Sobbing, actually. I've tried a few other antidepressants but nothing works like Celexa. For me. May not be for everyone. Other people may need to take Celexa for a longer or more regular period of time & it can take up to 2-3 weeks for the medication to completely work, for a lot of people. Ask your doctor & give it a try.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 8, 2014 6:55 PM

Review by StephanieAlice (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety and Stress: My doctor put me on Celexa when I started having tension headaches from severe stress. The headaches were gone after a week of taking the medication. A week later, I started tripping over my own feet & my pharmacist told me the medication was to blame. My stress was absolutely more manageable, though!

December 7, 2014 5:40 PM

Review by anxiousaf (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Anxiety and Stress: Took this for about a year and it was highly effective. Boosted my mood and rid of most my anxiety in just a week of starting it. Only thing was it made me sick at first but I switched to taking it at night and I was fine! I'd recommend Celexa over anything.

December 1, 2014 11:08 AM

Review by kavsp:

For Anxiety and Stress: I started this medication 2 1/2 years ago it has worked wonders for me. It took my anxiety away. I used to have panic attacks that would last for hours and hours I thought I was loosing my mind. This made me feel normal again I hadn't had an actual anxiety attack in over 2 years. Thank you Celexa.

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 27, 2014 9:51 PM

Review by Ladyflyer7 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: When my doctor suggested I have anxiety, at first I was hesitant to try Celexa. I had always attributed my symptoms to Irritable Bowel Syndrome, allergies and chronic back and hip pain. I held my prescription for three weeks before deciding to try it. I have been taking 20 mg for 7 days. I have not had to take a muscle relaxer or a strong pain reliever in a week because although I still feel a little discomfort in my back, it's not so bad anymore. Added benefit.

November 16, 2014 8:00 AM

Review by Synchroduv (taken for 10 years or more):

For Anxiety and Stress: I'm a 40 year old male that has taken Celexa for about 10 years now for aniexty. I take 40mg once a day. It works well to manage my anxiety. With the higher dose I take it can cause nausea for me if taken on an empty stomach. I also get sleepy for an hour or two after taking it so I take it at bed time. The only issue I've had is forgetting to take or running out of this medication. The withdrawl is pretty bad after about 4 days of not taking causing anxiety, dizziness, brain fog, "brain zaps", insomnia and flu like symptoms. Celexa has worked very well for me and would recommend it for treating anxiety. Just don't suddenly stop taking it. You have to slowly ween off.

138 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 31, 2014 2:01 AM

Review by stressedoutnurse (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Anxiety and Stress: I was too proud at first to try a medicine, but I'm so glad I did. It changed my life. My stress and anxiety stay managable and no major side effects except minor fatigue.

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 29, 2014 10:20 PM

Review by primetime22 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: I started taking citalopram for 12 days. At first they started me with 10 mg but that didn't affect me at all so I went back to the doctor and they gave me 20 mg. I started to notice that my anxiety was getting worst which was the main reason why I started taking the pill and I also had some stress but I also notice that the hours between 2 to 10 pm my anxiety goes away for some reason. Yesterday was the first night in 2 weeks where I slept the whole night without a nervous feeling and today which is day 12 my anxiety through out the day hasn't really affected me. I actually woke up in the morning without the feeling of going to the hospital....hopefully every day gets better.

October 21, 2014 7:26 PM

Review by JJen_rose57:

For Depression: Simply put a "MIRACLE".

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 17, 2014 10:31 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: Celexa has changed my life in 5 days! Thanks to a doctor who finally understood what was wrong with me after suffering excruciating physical pain for at least 10 or more years. I feel lIke a new person. Have had more energy in the last 5 days than I have for 5 years! Suffering from some insomnia but I am sure that will go away. - 51 year old female

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 16, 2014 11:03 PM

Review by Lisabel (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: Started Celexa a month ago. At first, tremors, dry mouth, shaking, and dead libido. After a week, my jaw was petrified, my teeth hurt, was always biting my tongue. My energy was gone. Was sleeping 9hrs at night, and 3-4 hrs nap in the afternoon. I was a zombie. I just switch to Wellbutrin, and I pray for better results.

October 8, 2014 6:50 PM

Review by all that jazz (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: After holding on to the medication for about 3 weeks I couldn't believe the results after just one day and literally felt the effects hours after I took the medication. I did experience side effects far as the nausea, diarrhea, headache and dizziness but I found out after taking it the second day that it was only because I hadn't eaten before Celexa. I really see the difference I'm no longer stressed and depressed I do feel the difference and it's a really great medication. I was so iffy about taking depression anxiety medication however I'm so glad that I did.

136 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 5, 2014 8:21 PM

Review by KeeksterReekster (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I was finally diagnosed with clinical depression and anxiety last week. I have been suffering since childhood, but only recently obtained help. The doctors prescribed me Celexa. I've been on it for a few days now and I feel a noticeable difference. I wonder if that's even possible; I've read everywhere that it takes several weeks to notice some changes. Placebo effect maybe? Anyways, I appreciate having a more positive outlook on life and I even found the side effect (lightheadedness) a tad pleasant.

September 29, 2014 3:49 PM

Review by Ella Sue:

For Anxiety and Stress: Have been taking this for 2 weeks, and the positive effects were immediate for me. I did have some initial side effects such as dry mouth (lasted a few days), and change in bowel movement (getting better ), yawning a lot first 3-5 days, better now. The impact it has had on me has been nothing but GREAT. I had a lot of areas of stress in my life from family to work, and the anxiety made me feel my heart was going to jump out of my chest! Now, those little things don't worry me, and I've been able to let go of personal struggles that were holding me down, including a broken heart! This has let me be myself again, and most of all to enjoy life again!!

244 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 28, 2014 7:29 PM