User Reviews for Paxil CR

Learn more about Paxil CR.

Generalized Anxiety Disorder 4 reviews 7 medications

Postpartum Depression 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first
Trichotillomania 0 reviews 3 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Paxil CR reviews 24 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Paxil CR

For Depression "I tried so many medications before like prozac and zoloft. I can't remember the rest but they made me sick or suicidal. I've been on Paxil CR 12.5 for 10 yrs and never increased and it is the best one for me. I cannot live my life without paxil. It has made me a better person, mother, sister, and friend."

RonnieLou63 June 12, 2015

For Panic Disorder "Made my depression and anxiety worse. Caused more instances of suicidal ideation."

KateisGrate January 19, 2015

For Panic Disorder "Paxil CR has made a great impact on my quality of life. I started menopause and was dealing with stressful family health issues, both beginning at the same time. I begin to suffer from panic attacks and was overly sensitive to EVERYTHING. I was taking Lexapro which did not help at all. Paxil CR has been a God send for me."

NervousNelli July 27, 2014

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "I have been dealing with anxiety all my life. I thought that was how everyone lived. Last year I had a debilitating episode of anxiety and finally sought help. After hearing my history the doctors wanted me to get on SSRI's asap. I resisted at first due to fears, but eventually relented. Started with 20mg a day of Paxil, was on that does for three months, and I still had some anxiety. Went up to 30mg and after the new dose kicked in, I have never felt better. It has been a year at 30mg's and my anxiety is gone, not just health anxiety but social anxiety, money anxiety. My mind finally works the way it was meant to and I owe it all to Paxil. "

GJ72 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 23, 2013

For Depression "I have been on Paxil for a long time, years. I was hospitalized for my Bipolar Disorder and they increased the dose from 20-40mg. I got very agitated and very out of sorts. When I saw my psychiatrist she put the dose back to 20mg and I'm doing good again. More isn't always better!"

AmyLynneECT August 8, 2013

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "I remember feeling weird on Paxil. I guess you can say it helped because I was so focused on that foggy feeling that I stopped thinking about feeling anxious! But, of course, that wasn't a reasonable ore or comfortable way to be treated, so I told the psychiatrist I didn't want the Paxil. And unlike what most folks here experienced, I became anorexic instead of gaining weight. I had no interest in eating at all. As a result, I lost about 10 lbs in 2 weeks, and I was only about 115 lbs to start. My pain doctor has just given me a sample of Cymbalta. He told me to wait til the weekend, in other words, not to take it and try and go to work, until I knew how it would affect me. "

gingerrogers July 24, 2013

For Depression "Before I started taking Paxil CR I felt I couldn't function when Dr started me at a small dose until he found the right dose for me to take, and then I felt normal again."

nonfunctuable (taken for 10 years or more) July 23, 2013

For Depression "HUGE weight gain! From 135 lbs up to 205 lbs and there didn't seem to be any way to lose the weight. I am not an eater, or a snacker, if anything I can't manage breakfast and I eat a healthy sandwich for lunch and can only manage 1/2 the meal that my husband eats at night. For me, depression = loss of appetite."

Anonymous July 14, 2013

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I was prescribed Paxil 10mg for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder. I've been taking it for two weeks and I feel so much better! It also helps with my social anxiety as well. I feel calmer, centered and more assertive. It makes me less emotional and somewhat experience "flat effect" which could be bad in certain situations. In first two days I felt very nauseated and couldn't eat and lost 5 pounds however I noticed my appetite has increased and I'm watching my weight! So far so good. (Note: SSRI's works differently on pre-menstrual women and improvements is seems in the very first cycle at least in my case)."

LilyMiami June 18, 2013

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "I started using it a week ago and within 4 days it felt like the dark cloud surrounding me lifted. My circumstances are exactly the same, I can just handle it better and now start working on issues. It saved my life."

Coulditbe June 13, 2013

For Anxiety "I have health-related anxiety issues. Ten years ago I took 25 mg Paxil CR for about a year and it was a life-saver. No side effect, no withdrawal issues. A month ago my anxiety returned for a new reason. My doctor started me on 20 mg citalopram. I think I had every side effect possible and made my anxiety worse. I switched to 12.5 mg Paxil CR and within three days was a new person. For me, there is no better medicine."

happy on paxil cr October 15, 2011

For Depression "After 4 unsuccessful medications, this one made me the most balanced and even."

Anonymous January 8, 2011

For Depression "I have had great success with the use of this medicine. One thing I would tell people is if you have problems sleeping on this medicine talk to your doctor first and foremost. I did talk with my doctor and I am also taking another medicine to help with that. I have Bi-polar disorder with manic tendencies. Depakote, Paxil CR, and Risperidone for me all together works. Anyone looking at this I hope it helps with your treatment process with the guidance of your doctor. Good luck."

Anonymous June 14, 2010

For Depression "I have been on Paxil CR for a little over a month. I have previously taken Zoloft, Lexapro, and Prozac and none of them worked as well as this drug. I was constantly agitated on the Lexapro and Prozac and they didn't seem to help with the depression. Zoloft just made me feel weird. Each drug is different for each person but this one works the best for me so far. I feel calm and happy during the day. The only problem with it for me, and it is a big one, is that I can't sleep! I will spend hours in bed with my eyes open, tired, but unable to actually fall asleep. I then have a hard time waking up but once I do then I am awake and not groggy. I am going to talk to my Doctor about it and hopefully he will have a solution."

Anonymous February 9, 2010

For Depression "This drug no longer works for me because of a job loss. I have gone down hill ever since I lost my job in early September 2009."

beckysmith October 22, 2009

For Panic Disorder "I like it."

Anonymous September 28, 2009

For Anxiety "I love it. It works for me very well. I take 25mg every morning."

Anonymous September 28, 2009

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "I love it."

Anonymous September 26, 2009

For Panic Disorder "Paxil CR helped control the anxiety and panic attacks. It did allow me to live my life normally. However, I have had one big side effect. Since January, I have gained 35 lbs. It does not matter that I workout four or five days a week for 1 1/2 or two hours, and try to eat a healthy diet. No matter what I did, I continually gained weight. My doctor has now taken me off of it, due to the rapid weight gain I have experienced. She felt that the rapid weight gain was not healthy, and could lead to obesity if I did not quit taking the drug. So, I am going to come off of Paxil CR, hopefully drop this excessive weight, because I have never had a weight problem until now and I am 31 years old, and just go from there."

Anonymous July 31, 2009

For Panic Disorder "If it had not been for Paxil I have no idea what the outcome of my life would be today. Panic after panic for years, fears of the unknown, you name it, I had it. Paxil saved my life. Yes I have had some side effect (only when I tried to go off them), foolish to do so without my Doctor's guidance. I have gained 40 lbs."

happier1946 June 18, 2009

For Depression "This medication was not helpful for my depression at all."

TCC February 25, 2009

For Depression "I've been on Paxil CR for about 4 months now. I would highly recommend it. My doctor decided to put me on it immediately after my suicide attempt. Today I feel great, have stopped crying and my suicidal thoughts are gone. Only bad side effect is my lack of interest in sex."

Anonymous January 6, 2009

For Anxiety "I was taking Prozac for few years to treat my symptoms of depression, but I could still feel anxiety and irrational fears (like being alone in the house), then my therapist suggested to switch to Paxil CR and my whole world has changed. I'm not scared anymore and I feel a lot better. I am optimistic, enthusiastic, outgoing, etc. Paxil works for me."

Anonymous July 3, 2008

For Anxiety "I was taking Paxil for both depression and anxiety. It worked very well for me for the past four years. My husband could definitely tell the difference, and if I missed a dose, the effect was immediate. However, I was not aware that it could cause weight gain, and I have gained over 40 pounds even though I am eating healthy and exercising."

Anonymous March 29, 2008