User Reviews for Paxil CR

Learn more about Paxil CR.

Generalized Anxiety Disorder 4 reviews 6 medications

Trichotillomania 0 reviews 3 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Paxil CR reviews 21 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Paxil CR

Review by GJ72 (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Paxil CR (paroxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: I have been dealing with anxiety all my life. I thought that was how everyone lived. Last year I had a debilitating episode of anxiety and finally sought help. After hearing my history the doctors wanted me to get on SSRI's asap. I resisted at first due to fears, but eventually relented. Started with 20mg a day of Paxil, was on that does for three months, and I still had some anxiety. Went up to 30mg and after the new dose kicked in, I have never felt better. It has been a year at 30mg's and my anxiety is gone, not just health anxiety but social anxiety, money anxiety. My mind finally works the way it was meant to and I owe it all to Paxil.

September 23, 2013 2:36 PM
Review by AmyLynneECT: User Rating:

Paxil CR (paroxetine) for Depression: I have been on Paxil for a long time, years. I was hospitalized for my Bipolar Disorder and they increased the dose from 20-40mg. I got very agitated and very out of sorts. When I saw my psychiatrist she put the dose back to 20mg and I'm doing good again. More isn't always better!

August 8, 2013 9:48 PM
Review by gingerrogers:

Paxil CR (paroxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: I remember feeling weird on Paxil. I guess you can say it helped because I was so focused on that foggy feeling that I stopped thinking about feeling anxious! But, of course, that wasn't a reasonable ore or comfortable way to be treated, so I told the psychiatrist I didn't want the Paxil. And unlike what most folks here experienced, I became anorexic instead of gaining weight. I had no interest in eating at all. As a result, I lost about 10 lbs in 2 weeks, and I was only about 115 lbs to start. My pain doctor has just given me a sample of Cymbalta. He told me to wait til the weekend, in other words, not to take it and try and go to work, until I knew how it would affect me.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 24, 2013 12:38 PM
Review by nonfunctuable (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Paxil CR (paroxetine) for Depression: Before I started taking Paxil CR I felt I couldn't function when Dr started me at a small dose until he found the right dose for me to take, and then I felt normal again.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 23, 2013 2:04 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Paxil CR (paroxetine) for Depression: HUGE weight gain! From 135 lbs up to 205 lbs and there didn't seem to be any way to lose the weight. I am not an eater, or a snacker, if anything I can't manage breakfast and I eat a healthy sandwich for lunch and can only manage 1/2 the meal that my husband eats at night. For me, depression = loss of appetite.

July 14, 2013 9:25 PM
Review by LilyMiami: User Rating:

Paxil CR (paroxetine) for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: I was prescribed Paxil 10mg for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder. I've been taking it for two weeks and I feel so much better! It also helps with my social anxiety as well. I feel calmer, centered and more assertive. It makes me less emotional and somewhat experience "flat effect" which could be bad in certain situations. In first two days I felt very nauseated and couldn't eat and lost 5 pounds however I noticed my appetite has increased and I'm watching my weight! So far so good. (Note: SSRI's works differently on pre-menstrual women and improvements is seems in the very first cycle at least in my case).

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 18, 2013 1:43 PM
Review by Coulditbe: User Rating:

Paxil CR (paroxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: I started using it a week ago and within 4 days it felt like the dark cloud surrounding me lifted. My circumstances are exactly the same, I can just handle it better and now start working on issues. It saved my life.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 13, 2013 3:28 AM
Review by happy on paxil cr: User Rating:

Paxil CR (paroxetine) for Anxiety: I have health-related anxiety issues. Ten years ago I took 25 mg Paxil CR for about a year and it was a life-saver. No side effect, no withdrawal issues. A month ago my anxiety returned for a new reason. My doctor started me on 20 mg citalopram. I think I had every side effect possible and made my anxiety worse. I switched to 12.5 mg Paxil CR and within three days was a new person. For me, there is no better medicine.

October 15, 2011 5:42 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Paxil CR (paroxetine) for Depression: After 4 unsuccessful medications, this one made me the most balanced and even.

January 8, 2011 11:24 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Paxil CR (paroxetine) for Depression: I have had great success with the use of this medicine. One thing I would tell people is if you have problems sleeping on this medicine talk to your doctor first and foremost. I did talk with my doctor and I am also taking another medicine to help with that. I have Bi-polar disorder with manic tendencies. Depakote, Paxil CR, and Risperidone for me all together works. Anyone looking at this I hope it helps with your treatment process with the guidance of your doctor. Good luck.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 14, 2010 12:39 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Paxil CR (paroxetine) for Depression: I have been on Paxil CR for a little over a month. I have previously taken Zoloft, Lexapro, and Prozac and none of them worked as well as this drug. I was constantly agitated on the Lexapro and Prozac and they didn't seem to help with the depression. Zoloft just made me feel weird. Each drug is different for each person but this one works the best for me so far. I feel calm and happy during the day. The only problem with it for me, and it is a big one, is that I can't sleep! I will spend hours in bed with my eyes open, tired, but unable to actually fall asleep. I then have a hard time waking up but once I do then I am awake and not groggy. I am going to talk to my Doctor about it and hopefully he will have a solution.

February 9, 2010 8:35 AM
Review by beckysmith: User Rating:

Paxil CR (paroxetine) for Depression: This drug no longer works for me because of a job loss. I have gone down hill ever since I lost my job in early September 2009.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 22, 2009 3:29 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Paxil CR (paroxetine) for Panic Disorder: I like it.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 28, 2009 12:04 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Paxil CR (paroxetine) for Anxiety: I love it. It works for me very well. I take 25mg every morning.

September 28, 2009 12:02 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Paxil CR (paroxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: I love it.

September 26, 2009 9:48 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Paxil CR (paroxetine) for Panic Disorder: Paxil CR helped control the anxiety and panic attacks. It did allow me to live my life normally. However, I have had one big side effect. Since January, I have gained 35 lbs. It does not matter that I workout four or five days a week for 1 1/2 or two hours, and try to eat a healthy diet. No matter what I did, I continually gained weight. My doctor has now taken me off of it, due to the rapid weight gain I have experienced. She felt that the rapid weight gain was not healthy, and could lead to obesity if I did not quit taking the drug. So, I am going to come off of Paxil CR, hopefully drop this excessive weight, because I have never had a weight problem until now and I am 31 years old, and just go from there.

July 31, 2009 1:08 PM
Review by happier1946:

Paxil CR (paroxetine) for Panic Disorder: If it had not been for Paxil I have no idea what the outcome of my life would be today. Panic after panic for years, fears of the unknown, you name it, I had it. Paxil saved my life. Yes I have had some side effect (only when I tried to go off them), foolish to do so without my Doctor's guidance. I have gained 40 lbs.

June 18, 2009 3:02 AM
Review by TCC: User Rating:

Paxil CR (paroxetine) for Depression: This medication was not helpful for my depression at all.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 25, 2009 12:23 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Paxil CR (paroxetine) for Depression: I've been on Paxil CR for about 4 months now. I would highly recommend it. My doctor decided to put me on it immediately after my suicide attempt. Today I feel great, have stopped crying and my suicidal thoughts are gone. Only bad side effect is my lack of interest in sex.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 6, 2009 11:27 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Paxil CR (paroxetine) for Anxiety: I was taking Prozac for few years to treat my symptoms of depression, but I could still feel anxiety and irrational fears (like being alone in the house), then my therapist suggested to switch to Paxil CR and my whole world has changed. I'm not scared anymore and I feel a lot better. I am optimistic, enthusiastic, outgoing, etc. Paxil works for me.

July 3, 2008 10:34 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Paxil CR (paroxetine) for Anxiety: I was taking Paxil for both depression and anxiety. It worked very well for me for the past four years. My husband could definitely tell the difference, and if I missed a dose, the effect was immediate. However, I was not aware that it could cause weight gain, and I have gained over 40 pounds even though I am eating healthy and exercising.

March 29, 2008 10:23 AM