User Reviews for Brisdelle

Learn more about Brisdelle.

Hot Flashes 18 reviews 19 medications

6.8
Summary of Brisdelle reviews 18 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Brisdelle

For Hot Flashes "I have been taking Brisdelle for the past 6 months to help with hot flashes. However, I have had these chronic problems since taking this medication. I have tremors, eyes are sensitive to light, seizures, biting my tongue during the night while sleeping so severe that I have to get up because the blood is so profuse. I also am dizzy all the time, and feel like I am whirling around and unstable while sitting, lying down, or walking about. It has taken me almost 2 months and thousands of dollars to figure this out on my own. I have been to the endocrinologist to see if I have a tumor, neurologist due to the seizures, dentist, ENTSpecialist, Chiropractor, a Neuro-Opthamologist, and my primary care physician and no one has been able to help me"

Scottishlass718 January 30, 2016

For Hot Flashes "3 weeks into taking Brisdelle I stopped. After a week I was experiencing horrific muscle pain in my legs which kept me awake for three nights until I was prescribed a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug. The anti-inflammatory calmed the muscle pain down but then I started experiencing horrific head pain and headaches; I've never had a headache in my life! I am off this drug for two days now and can't wait to feel like myself again. I'm still experiencing insomnia, headache, head pain, vertigo."

LoriSt November 20, 2015

For Hot Flashes "Been on Brisdelle for ten days. I was having eight to ten hot flashes a day and I was up all night long with them as well. Over the last ten days they have tapered off, with yesterday and today being completely hot flash free! My anxiety is also almost completely gone. I had bouts of nausea in the beginning that came in waves and even woke me up at night, but that seems to have disappeared completely. I hope this continues! I'm very happy with this medication."

Kelly64 (taken for less than 1 month) November 14, 2015

For Hot Flashes "It definitely works. Hot flashes stopped within days & it calmed me so much. I slept so good at night but then headaches, sinus congestion, chest congestion, almost feeling like having the flu made me stop & it took me weeks to get over the brain fog feeling."

LMWCAWCNW November 13, 2015

For Hot Flashes "I have been taking Brisdelle for 7 months. I wanted to give it a fair chance. I had fairly severe hot flashes but no other problems relating to menopause. I went from having about 15 hot flashes a day to about 10. The severity was a bit better but I still had a lot of sweat with each flash especially at night. It was very expensive and my health plan didn't cover it so I came off. Weaned myself off very slowly over a six week period. The withdrawal is pretty severe. Feelings of vertigo and dizziness. Nausea and zaps."

Kassie63 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 6, 2015

For Hot Flashes "I love brisdelle! Hot flash and sweating relief, no side effects, no personality changes. Very happy this is available. Lifesaver!"

Tigra October 15, 2015

For Hot Flashes "I've been on Brisdelle about 5 weeks and I absolutely LOVE it!! I noticed the difference after about 4 days. I was a complete mess before starting Brisdelle (moody, depression, major hot flashes, crying, etc) I now feel like a brand new woman. I am so appreciative that my doctor prescribed this for me."

Anonymous September 5, 2015

For Hot Flashes "I've been on Brisdelle 8 days and I feel like a new woman. No hot flashes in 5 days, my mood is MUCH better, no night sweats and no crying. I hope it last...I'm so glad my doctor prescribed this."

Anonymous August 4, 2015

For Hot Flashes "I took it for 3 months straight. During the 1st month, my hot flashes reduced, by month 3, it seemed like it wasn't helping with the hot flashes much, but I noticed a positive side effect. My overall outlook on life was so much better. Little things that once got on my nerves, slid off my back like a ducks. I asked for something different (grass is greener syndrome) because I wanted more.More hot flash reduction, less anxiety. When I stopped I realized I'd made a terrible mistake. Is been 2 weeks and I'm ready to kill somebody.Moody? Yes? Irritable? Yes. Sweating profusely? Yes .I'm getting back on it today! !!!!"

Just Jay July 19, 2015

For Hot Flashes "I have been taking Brisdelle for 6 days and to date my severe hot flashes has diminished tremendously. I am so grateful for this relief."

Mahilia25 March 18, 2015

For Hot Flashes "I am beyond furious. Not only did Brisedelle live up to its promise of eliminating night sweats and hot flashes, they failed to mention (as did my doctor) about the side effects when stopping them. After 5 months of taking it, I decided it wasn't working for me. Now, I am left with what I have discovered are "Brain Zaps". There are other ways to help with these symptoms. "

Hot and bothered February 27, 2015

For Hot Flashes "My hot flashes has reduced tremendously. Initially, I thought it was not working until I stopped taking it. When I went back on the meds I have been almost normal. I am pleased"

harvco February 13, 2015

For Hot Flashes "I took the medication for two weeks and it worked like a charm. However, I started to experience extreme pain in my joints (knees, ankles, wrist). Not sure if it is associated with the medicine, but I didn't have all of the aches until I started. I love how the medicine mellowed me out no anxiety or frustration over little things. Hot flashes are at a minimum. Hope it makes it because I would like to continue taking it."

Mrs. Dee August 29, 2014

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Hot Flashes "2 days in and the hot flashes are GONE. After 10 YEARS in which the only thing that worked (and I tried everything under the sun) was HRT. So glad I found paroxetine."

FinallyRelief (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2014

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Hot Flashes "I've only been on it for a week, but before taking the medicine, I was up at least 3 times per night changing clothes due to being drenched from night sweats (very disruptive to sleep patterns). Since starting this medicine I have not had one episode of night sweats! Hope it last, it will be a life changer if it does!"

Chihuahuamama (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2014

100 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Hot Flashes "I have been taking Brisdelle for two weeks now, but had to stop taking it due to the unacceptable side effects. It worked like a charm on my hot flashes, reducing them from at least 12-15 times in a 24 hour period (with night sweats) to only 1 per day. However, I found it impossible to sleep, I could not keep my hands and feet still, I had congestion so bad that I thought I had a sinus infection and also suffered blurred vision. I tried taking it in the morning instead of at night, but it made no difference to my insomnia. I have, therefore, discontinued it altogether."

Jennifer SS April 12, 2014

For Hot Flashes "I got awful leg cramps and headaches. Did not help with hot flashes either."

BrookeC70 April 9, 2014

For Hot Flashes "Been taking for three weeks. It has reduced the number of hot flashes from 8-10 a day down to 2-4. Not great results but better. I was hoping for a occasional hot flash, bit daily. I will continue taking the medicine for three more weeks to see if the results improve."

Bunker2butch April 7, 2014