User Reviews for Brisdelle

Learn more about Brisdelle.

Brisdelle Rating Summary

6.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 26 medications used in the treatment of Hot Flashes.

Reviews for Brisdelle to treat Hot Flashes

"This drug sort of helps with hot flashes -- diminished them by about 75%. HOWEVER, the person who designed the packaging for this drug needs to be fired. I think that most of the expense for this product comes from the overdone packaging alone. The capsules are difficult to get out of the blister packaging. The cardboard wrapping is excessive and impossible to open without the help of scissors and a box cutter!! Terrible, terrible, terrible...."

Golddustwoman249 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 29, 2016

"I started with horrific hot flashes sweating all night no sleep. Sweating in meetings going out. Couldn't wear any makeup. I started taking Brisdelle about 6 months ago. I did my research . This medication is a life saver. It's expensive as hell, I found a coupon for it and I only pay a 1/4 of what it costs. There was someone saying how terrific the withdrawal Symptoms are you need to be weened off. Not every medicine you can just stop cold turkey. Read all inserts of medicines you are prescribed. Some meds take awhile to get over side effects. This has been a life saver"

South side May 7, 2016

"Brisdelle - SUCKS - Why prescribe a medication to help you with the hot flashes YET make you feel miserable (side effect) HEADACHES, nausea, trembling eye, Ewwwww. Really... I rather go thru the hot flashes. BAD BAD medicine. Also I was puking up."

SARI64 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 18, 2016

"Only took one dose. Achy the next morning. 22 hrs after dose dizziness and weakness. My husband could barely get a BP on me and when my pulse came up enough to register it was only 54. I vomited then sweat profusely. My knees hurt severely for an hour. Hot flashes were diminished for the next 3 days. Fine now but still having hot flashes."

zcha (taken for less than 1 month) February 20, 2016

"I have been taking Brisdelle for 1 year. Hot flashes are mostly gone, I have one occasionally usually in the morning. I ran out and my DR had written prescription for 1 year. I had to call and wait 4 days for the refill. Holy cow was I miserable and within 2 days the flashes were back full force. I am back on it. I do have joint pain in my ankles in the morning, not sure if its the drug or not but interesting others have the joint pain. I also am struggling to lose weight when it used to be so easy, Brisdelle to blame or menopause or both. Its a good drug and does what it says for me. I will continue taking it. By the way I have a coupon from their website and only pay $25 a month for it. It is costly w/no coupon."

Coco68 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 16, 2016

"I have been taking Brisdelle for the past 6 months to help with hot flashes. However, I have had these chronic problems since taking this medication. I have tremors, eyes are sensitive to light, seizures, biting my tongue during the night while sleeping so severe that I have to get up because the blood is so profuse. I also am dizzy all the time, and feel like I am whirling around and unstable while sitting, lying down, or walking about. It has taken me almost 2 months and thousands of dollars to figure this out on my own. I have been to the endocrinologist to see if I have a tumor, neurologist due to the seizures, dentist, ENTSpecialist, Chiropractor, a Neuro-Opthamologist, and my primary care physician and no one has been able to help me"

Scottishlass718 January 30, 2016

"3 weeks into taking Brisdelle I stopped. After a week I was experiencing horrific muscle pain in my legs which kept me awake for three nights until I was prescribed a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug. The anti-inflammatory calmed the muscle pain down but then I started experiencing horrific head pain and headaches; I've never had a headache in my life! I am off this drug for two days now and can't wait to feel like myself again. I'm still experiencing insomnia, headache, head pain, vertigo."

LoriSt November 20, 2015

"Been on Brisdelle for ten days. I was having eight to ten hot flashes a day and I was up all night long with them as well. Over the last ten days they have tapered off, with yesterday and today being completely hot flash free! My anxiety is also almost completely gone. I had bouts of nausea in the beginning that came in waves and even woke me up at night, but that seems to have disappeared completely. I hope this continues! I'm very happy with this medication."

Kelly64 (taken for less than 1 month) November 14, 2015

"It definitely works. Hot flashes stopped within days & it calmed me so much. I slept so good at night but then headaches, sinus congestion, chest congestion, almost feeling like having the flu made me stop & it took me weeks to get over the brain fog feeling."

LMWCAWCNW November 13, 2015

"I have been taking Brisdelle for 7 months. I wanted to give it a fair chance. I had fairly severe hot flashes but no other problems relating to menopause. I went from having about 15 hot flashes a day to about 10. The severity was a bit better but I still had a lot of sweat with each flash especially at night. It was very expensive and my health plan didn't cover it so I came off. Weaned myself off very slowly over a six week period. The withdrawal is pretty severe. Feelings of vertigo and dizziness. Nausea and zaps."

Kassie63 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 6, 2015

"I love brisdelle! Hot flash and sweating relief, no side effects, no personality changes. Very happy this is available. Lifesaver!"

Tigra October 15, 2015

"I've been on Brisdelle about 5 weeks and I absolutely LOVE it!! I noticed the difference after about 4 days. I was a complete mess before starting Brisdelle (moody, depression, major hot flashes, crying, etc) I now feel like a brand new woman. I am so appreciative that my doctor prescribed this for me."

Anonymous September 5, 2015

"I've been on Brisdelle 8 days and I feel like a new woman. No hot flashes in 5 days, my mood is MUCH better, no night sweats and no crying. I hope it last...I'm so glad my doctor prescribed this."

Anonymous August 4, 2015

"I took it for 3 months straight. During the 1st month, my hot flashes reduced, by month 3, it seemed like it wasn't helping with the hot flashes much, but I noticed a positive side effect. My overall outlook on life was so much better. Little things that once got on my nerves, slid off my back like a ducks. I asked for something different (grass is greener syndrome) because I wanted more.More hot flash reduction, less anxiety. When I stopped I realized I'd made a terrible mistake. Is been 2 weeks and I'm ready to kill somebody.Moody? Yes? Irritable? Yes. Sweating profusely? Yes .I'm getting back on it today! !!!!"

Just Jay July 19, 2015

"I have been taking Brisdelle for 6 days and to date my severe hot flashes has diminished tremendously. I am so grateful for this relief."

Mahilia25 March 18, 2015

"I am beyond furious. Not only did Brisedelle live up to its promise of eliminating night sweats and hot flashes, they failed to mention (as did my doctor) about the side effects when stopping them. After 5 months of taking it, I decided it wasn't working for me. Now, I am left with what I have discovered are "Brain Zaps". There are other ways to help with these symptoms. "

Hot and bothered February 27, 2015

"My hot flashes has reduced tremendously. Initially, I thought it was not working until I stopped taking it. When I went back on the meds I have been almost normal. I am pleased"

harvco February 13, 2015

"I took the medication for two weeks and it worked like a charm. However, I started to experience extreme pain in my joints (knees, ankles, wrist). Not sure if it is associated with the medicine, but I didn't have all of the aches until I started. I love how the medicine mellowed me out no anxiety or frustration over little things. Hot flashes are at a minimum. Hope it makes it because I would like to continue taking it."

Mrs. Dee August 29, 2014

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"2 days in and the hot flashes are GONE. After 10 YEARS in which the only thing that worked (and I tried everything under the sun) was HRT. So glad I found paroxetine."

FinallyRelief (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2014

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I've only been on it for a week, but before taking the medicine, I was up at least 3 times per night changing clothes due to being drenched from night sweats (very disruptive to sleep patterns). Since starting this medicine I have not had one episode of night sweats! Hope it last, it will be a life changer if it does!"

Chihuahuamama (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2014

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have been taking Brisdelle for two weeks now, but had to stop taking it due to the unacceptable side effects. It worked like a charm on my hot flashes, reducing them from at least 12-15 times in a 24 hour period (with night sweats) to only 1 per day. However, I found it impossible to sleep, I could not keep my hands and feet still, I had congestion so bad that I thought I had a sinus infection and also suffered blurred vision. I tried taking it in the morning instead of at night, but it made no difference to my insomnia. I have, therefore, discontinued it altogether."

Jennifer SS April 12, 2014

102 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I got awful leg cramps and headaches. Did not help with hot flashes either."

BrookeC70 April 9, 2014

"Been taking for three weeks. It has reduced the number of hot flashes from 8-10 a day down to 2-4. Not great results but better. I was hoping for a occasional hot flash, bit daily. I will continue taking the medicine for three more weeks to see if the results improve."

Bunker2butch April 7, 2014