User Reviews for Fluvoxamine

Also known as: Luvox, Luvox CR

Learn more about Fluvoxamine.

Dysthymia 1 reviews 3 medications

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder 6 reviews 5 medications

4.4
Summary of Fluvoxamine reviews 94 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Fluvoxamine

For Anxiety and Stress: "It's been about a month. And I really see a change. I use to be an emotional girl with obsessive thoughts that ran my mind all day long. Now.. I go to work, I work (usually would think about my worries at work while being stressed at work as it already is). I handle complex situations with more confidence and less anxiety. I'm on 100 mg, can't wait to try 150, think that will be perfect. No major side effects at all. Really believe this helps give me that push at living my life in the now and helps stop the ruminating. I've tried other stuff and nothing compares. With Luvox... I stress less, cry less, and focus more on what's important. Can't wait to continue and see more improvement ...."

AwdrEnuh (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 19, 2016

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I've been on Luvox for 6 months now on 200 mg/day. I switched from Prozac because of libido problems, but it actually didn't make any difference. I completely lost interest in sex and got weight really fast. My OCD is controlled, but I feel depressed, sleeping a lot during day and nothing during night haha it's horrible... Also I compulsively scratch my head until it bleeds (tricotilomania?) and Prozac had helped me stop it. Now on Luvox, the problem is back. I'm switching back to Prozac or giving a try to Zoloft."

Heyheymama January 7, 2016

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "Luvox was the second medication I tried for OCD. I was only on the lowest dose of this medication for 4 days, because the side effects were unbearable. About 4 hours after taking this medication, I became incredibly sedated and out of it. The drowsiness was so pronounced that I did not wish to continue this med. Since I had no where near reached the therapeutic dose of this medication, I hope that my rating doesn't discourage one from trying it. All SSRI's are notorious for having some inital side effects before you see their benefit; I just couldn't make it to that stage."

juliagulia65 (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress: "Glucosamine has been very effective for me. Prior to taking it, I was extremely anxious and afraid of everything. Since starting over 2 years ago, I am now fully functioning and living a normal life. I am so appreciative of the benefits of fluvoxamine"

Anonymous December 23, 2015

For Depression: "No terrible side effects other than extremely reduced libido and some nausea/weakness."

Jayjayjetplane (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 22, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress: "I have been on 300mg of Fluvoxamine for quite a few months now. It was really hard to initially start the medication and increase the dosing. But I stuck with it. After awhile, I noticed the drug "took the edge off" of my anxiety. I was getting less panic attacks and was able to starting doing things I was avoiding. My only issues with this drug are that 1) it's very sedating 2) I still have anxiety - some days are better than others but I'm looking for complete relief. I know it's possible because I've been on medication that did just that. Any suggestions? I take 150mg in morning and then again at night."

SarKC December 4, 2015

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "Well, I take it 150 MG daily every morning generic brand aka fluvoxomine for over 10 years. Along side .5 MG of xanax 2 times a day for anxiety/Panic attacks. We recently increased from 150 to 200 mgs after 10 years . Due to anxiety, depression, hopeless feelings, medicine phobia, general fear , and religious ocd Creeping back in my mind. Day 3 I had headache, and felt confused. I felt like nothing mattered. Even doing regular house chores like dishes. By day 5 I was numb to all. Felt like crying but couldnt. My doctor has decreased me back to 150 mg."

Ryanlouis December 3, 2015

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "It has worked very well for my OCD, I've been taking it for 6 months now and all side effects have gone away. I recommend Luvox for OCD."

Alex T.S. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 25, 2015

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I was having major anxiety and depression. I sought therapy for a year and nothing was helping. I tried Amitriptyline, Prozac, Lexapro, and I don't know what else I can't remember. I found a psychiatrist that immediately diagnosed me as OCD at 30(!!). Mainly O with some compulsions that are highly functioning. This drug stopped the depression in weeks at 50mg. Compulsions were so much more manageable. After two years it just stopped working. We've gone up to 100mg and I started getting blurry vision. 125mg and I was highly agitated and depressed. Not sure where to go from here."

OCD1983 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 25, 2015

For Anorexia/Feeding Problems: "I switched to fluvoxamine from fluoxetine, for my GAD and anorexia after it was suggested a higher dose was needed and fluvoxamine was a better medication for that. Fluoxetine helped, but fluvoxamine really showed a difference. My mood has improved and stabilised, which has also helped my attitude towards eating. I've managed to get to a healthy BMI now."

Bri .S (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 23, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I have had problems since i was around 9 years old. I have had countless djavus, thinking i thought i could think what people were saying or feeling. Ilogical thoughts that didnt make no sense. lost in constant daydreaming even as a adult, trying to please everyone before myself all the time, not foccused or able to barley follow directions.On the meds im more foccused only a djavu every now and then, my thought seem more logical now im on meds.im able to live a more enjoyable life."

phill.charters towers October 6, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "My husband is a Vietnam veteran and has been on this for 15 years. In the last 5 years he has been kicking and punching and twitching in his sleep. He is now developing other signs of of neurological disorders. The doctor gave us a print out today and Luvox is a SSSR drug and they have recently found it causes Parkinsonism and when dosages are reduced or patient taken off this drug, the symptoms go. It works great for his depression, it helps reduce the symptons of PTSD but now his health is suffering from long term usage."

Willow2014 October 6, 2015

For Dysthymia: "Fevarin (fluvoxamine) 250 mg (150 mg at time of sleep and 100 mg in the morning) in association with 50 mg of amisulpride (Solian, Midora; NOT more than 50 because it changed the effect of sleeping well) with Anxiar 1 gr (both taken at 8 pm) - work great for sleep and dystimia!! Has an anorexigen effect also. I lost 2 kgs in two months, no dieting. Also took the ptsd effects out of my body, the cognitive relaxation appeared after increasing at 250 mgs fluvoxamine."

Maimutze October 5, 2015

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "Absolutely amazing! I was in a terrible spot with my harm OCD..... And then this miracle of a drug came along! It's almost like its a physical volume knob that turns your thoughts down... To the point where they are still there, but so quiet they're insignificant. ONLY reason I gave it a 9/10 is because it took a while to work.... But that's different for everyone. If you're reading this and are wondering if it's going to even work... I have been on it for a solid 8 weeks, and I'm JUST now starting to feel the effects. I literally have trouble falling asleep now, only because I'm excited about tomorrow! :)"

Anonymous September 30, 2015

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "Absolutely amazing! I was in a terrible spot with my harm OCD..... And then this miracle of a drug came along! It's almost like its a physical volume knob that turns your thoughts down... To the point where they are still there, but so quite they're insignificant. ONLY reason I have it a 9/10 is because it took a while to work.... But that's different for everyone. If you're reading this and are wondering if it's going to even work... I have been on it for a solid 8 weeks, and I'm JUST now starting to feel the effects. I literally have trouble falling asleep now, only because I'm excited about tomorrow! :)"

LudaCHRIS97 September 30, 2015

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "Saved my life plain and simple. Taking the drug for 18 years now fluctuating between 100 and 400mg over the years. The thoughts consumed my every waking moment, smothering me, making it impossible to live. In the times I've gone off the drug over the years my symptoms resurfaced, only to be reigned in by Luvox. Yes there are side effects, but they are nothing that can't be tolerated when the alternative is death."

Prometheus bound (taken for 10 years or more) September 22, 2015

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "Went from too much genius to just enough. I won't describe it more specifically than that. Excessive thoughts used to cause very bad anxiety and stress. I used the fluxovaxmine maleate to quell the excessive thoughts and was able to focus better on getting things done. The drug cannibilizes its effectiveness though because of the side effect of drowsiness. I am often very tired on the drug, and although I am still able to work well, it takes more effort to do so than when I am not on any medication. There are some sexual side effects to this drug as well. The most prominent sexual side effect is near inability to climax. But that is the nature of the drug: It numbs your emotions. I can't have a normal sex life on this drug."

TooMuchGenius (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 18, 2015

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I immediately noticed my anxiety went down but I had to stop taking the medication because I would sleep up to 16 hours a day, which was not practical as a law student. I also experienced severe nausea and headaches. I felt extremely frustrated that I was prescribed this medication by my doctor."

Renee92 August 16, 2015

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "Fluvoxamine is the pill I've been searching for my whole life. I started out with 100mg and have up'd it to 200mg daily. When I first realized that the medicine was working, the experience was comparable to the first time I got glasses when I was in sixth grade and did not know I had bad vision. Fluvoxamine gave me back control. A negative side effect is the sexual dysfunction though; it takes me quite a bit longer to get there which is good for her I guess but frustrating for me."

anonymous 3 August 14, 2015

For Depression: "I have been taking 100mg of this medicine nightly before bed for nearly a year now. I had an awful case of anxiety based depression that ruined me my senior year of high school and left me in the throes of a personal break down. I went to my doctor and she submitted me to this experimental medicine screen after a previous attempt of cymbalta left me no where. When I started taking these pills, it was like a miracle had happened to me. My anxiety virtually disappeared. It was the biggest relief I had experienced in my life. I no longer had issues talking to people and I began to excel in my work once again. Only complaints are extreme withdrawal symptoms and it is much less effective for me while I am on my period."

Lainyluu (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 23, 2015

For Depression: "Very good"

CHIWAWA (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 15, 2015

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "One week and a half and so far so good - takes me down several notches for anxiety, which is good! I've had OCD for over 35 years and it's going to be v hard to break - it may be helping a smidge?"

Trishy Trish Gee June 28, 2015

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "After 10 years of struggling with heightening anxiety, I came very close to breaking point, and checked myself into a wonderful private psych hospital - which at the time, I found absolutely terrifying. Little did I know, my timing was perfect, as I met my new doctor (an angel/psychiatrist) who made an OCD diagnosis straight away. With him, I started on 100mg of Luvox, which had a positive effect within 2 days. We increased my dose to 200mg per night, which has continued to work superbly ever since (and it's been 1.5 years). I can't speak highly enough of Luvox, which is the one and only medication I've tried. The biggest thing I've learnt about OCD, is that the 'cure' (aka, return to the healthy pool) = medication + psychology + lifestyle!"

Courageous (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 31, 2015

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "This medication has helped me tremendously. I'm not sure how I lived without it. It took about a week of me taking the medication for my symptoms of OCD to improve, and ever since I have felt 99%. Once every few months I have my 'alright days', but then again, I do have my consecutive couple days that I forget to take them before I fall asleep.... :S :)"

Hann May 19, 2015

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Anxiety and Stress: "After being diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis (2012)I began experiencing anxiety and depression excepting this life change and handling the symptoms. My doctor prescribed me Lexapro 20mg/daily which helped with mild anxiety and over all day to day stress. However, I still experienced heavy anxiety while traveling & taking on new projects/assignments at work. I explained that I felt that the Lexapro was great but not working in all situations. My doctor then switched me to Luvox 200mg/daily. I've been taking Luvox for less than a week now and am already experiencing dry mouth, lack of motivation, diarrhea, nausea, light headedness/faint, and being more emotional and irritable. Obviously not for me. Life over all was better with Lexapro."

Michaeld9815 (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2015