User Reviews for Fluvoxamine

Also known as: Luvox, Luvox CR

Learn more about Fluvoxamine.

Dysthymia 1 reviews 3 medications

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder 6 reviews 5 medications

4.4
Summary of Fluvoxamine reviews 105 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Fluvoxamine

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "To be clear, I am on luvox for its entire spectrum of effect-- OCD, anxiety and stress, and major depressive disorder. I have been on almost every single drug on the market, and Luvox is consistently the only one that has ever worked. The luvox/latuda (atypical antipsychotic) combination worked wonders for me in the past, and though I am only on luvox now, it has definitely helped with curbing recurrent, insistent thoughts of hopelessness and despair. It has blunted my anxiety, and after years of depression, I am starting to feel a little better. Just tired as all get out, though!"

O B (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 26, 2016

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "It's been helping me a lot for my awful pure OCD, intrusive thoughts. I'd rate it a 6 out of 10. However, I 've just recently increased the dose from 150mg to 200mg so I might feel even better. Bad side effects: low libido, nausea and drowsiness. Hope they will eventually subside as im taking it for less than two months (nausea is already subsiding )"

lucicka (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 25, 2016

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I have been taking generic brand of Luvox just over 14 years now. It seemed to work for the first few years but it would only reduce the intrusive thoughts and anxiety where you could manage throughout the day. I just switched to Luvox brand name a couple of days ago. I just got my life back. I practically feel cured. I am more mentally focused, my concentration is much better, and most importantly my intrusive unwanted thoughts area pretty much gone. I feel like I can carry the world on my shoulders. Luvox brand name has changed my life forever. I hope it continues to do so for the years to come. I thank God for giving me the idea to try and switch from generic to brand !!!!!!!!"

Joeyc May 21, 2016

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "This medication has been so helpful for my anxiety, OCD, and sleep. It worked really quickly too--within a few days. I never knew I could feel this relaxed. I have suffered from terrible anxiety since childhood and depression. Other antidepressants help my depression but do nothing for my OCD. This medication is quite sedating, so take it at bedtime. I haven't needed sleep meds since I started this medication either. I have a high stress job and have found I can leave work at work. I haven't been stressing on the little things. I highly recommend this for OCD."

AAJM May 7, 2016

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "This medication works fine it just makes me really drowsy and I yawn so much,it also makes me go to the restroom more. Other than that it works fine"

Brygitte May 5, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress: "I had a really violent reaction to this medication the first time I took it. Projectile vomit. It was so awful that I'm not willing to take it again."

Jujubeee April 27, 2016

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "This medication has helped me for years and works excellent. I wouldn't trust anything else!"

Hannah M. April 22, 2016

For Depression: "Sleepy but helpful"

NDT1973 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 12, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress: "Started on LUVOX (brand name) in '96. LUVOX (brand name) is not made anymore. Switched to generic flumoxomine (Apotex brand in 2000. ) Worked great. Stopped working COLD as of late 2013. Wrote FDA, Solvay tested my prescription, said nothing wrong. All the other generic fluvoxamines (5) I've tried are worthless. Apotex must have changed its composition of the drug ie. filling, binder ingrediants. Filed reports with FDA & Solvay (parent of Apotex) Solvay wrote back, "Nothing is wrong." Drug is totally ineffective on me now, as are all the other fluvoxomine generics I've tried. Only side effect was a bit of drowsiness. Have had to abandon taking this drug, and am in the midst of trying other drugs."

2ndchair (taken for 10 years or more) April 9, 2016

For Depression: "This medicine helped somewhat, however, the side effects have become intolerable. I'm itching my head, ears and neck constantly from an itch that never stops, I'm agitated and anxious and have weird tingling, prickly sensations. Think I'll go back on Prozac though Prozac left me confused and disoriented. Have been through the slew of SSRIs and wish scientists would come up with another category of drugs soon."

Athenaos February 20, 2016

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I was prescribed Zoloft for anxiety and panic attacks and soon my OCD was out of control. I was switched to Luvox and have improved greatly. However, I'm always tired and yet still can't sleep. I've heard that some side effects can improve over time - hoping this happens for me."

Luvncoopy (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 27, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress: "It's been about a month. And I really see a change. I use to be an emotional girl with obsessive thoughts that ran my mind all day long. Now.. I go to work, I work (usually would think about my worries at work while being stressed at work as it already is). I handle complex situations with more confidence and less anxiety. I'm on 100 mg, can't wait to try 150, think that will be perfect. No major side effects at all. Really believe this helps give me that push at living my life in the now and helps stop the ruminating. I've tried other stuff and nothing compares. With Luvox... I stress less, cry less, and focus more on what's important. Can't wait to continue and see more improvement ...."

AwdrEnuh (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 19, 2016

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I've been on Luvox for 6 months now on 200 mg/day. I switched from Prozac because of libido problems, but it actually didn't make any difference. I completely lost interest in sex and got weight really fast. My OCD is controlled, but I feel depressed, sleeping a lot during day and nothing during night haha it's horrible... Also I compulsively scratch my head until it bleeds (tricotilomania?) and Prozac had helped me stop it. Now on Luvox, the problem is back. I'm switching back to Prozac or giving a try to Zoloft."

Heyheymama January 7, 2016

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "Luvox was the second medication I tried for OCD. I was only on the lowest dose of this medication for 4 days, because the side effects were unbearable. About 4 hours after taking this medication, I became incredibly sedated and out of it. The drowsiness was so pronounced that I did not wish to continue this med. Since I had no where near reached the therapeutic dose of this medication, I hope that my rating doesn't discourage one from trying it. All SSRI's are notorious for having some inital side effects before you see their benefit; I just couldn't make it to that stage."

juliagulia65 (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress: "Glucosamine has been very effective for me. Prior to taking it, I was extremely anxious and afraid of everything. Since starting over 2 years ago, I am now fully functioning and living a normal life. I am so appreciative of the benefits of fluvoxamine"

Anonymous December 23, 2015

For Depression: "No terrible side effects other than extremely reduced libido and some nausea/weakness."

Jayjayjetplane (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 22, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress: "I have been on 300mg of Fluvoxamine for quite a few months now. It was really hard to initially start the medication and increase the dosing. But I stuck with it. After awhile, I noticed the drug "took the edge off" of my anxiety. I was getting less panic attacks and was able to starting doing things I was avoiding. My only issues with this drug are that 1) it's very sedating 2) I still have anxiety - some days are better than others but I'm looking for complete relief. I know it's possible because I've been on medication that did just that. Any suggestions? I take 150mg in morning and then again at night."

SarKC December 4, 2015

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "Well, I take it 150 MG daily every morning generic brand aka fluvoxomine for over 10 years. Along side .5 MG of xanax 2 times a day for anxiety/Panic attacks. We recently increased from 150 to 200 mgs after 10 years . Due to anxiety, depression, hopeless feelings, medicine phobia, general fear , and religious ocd Creeping back in my mind. Day 3 I had headache, and felt confused. I felt like nothing mattered. Even doing regular house chores like dishes. By day 5 I was numb to all. Felt like crying but couldnt. My doctor has decreased me back to 150 mg."

Ryanlouis December 3, 2015

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "It has worked very well for my OCD, I've been taking it for 6 months now and all side effects have gone away. I recommend Luvox for OCD."

Alex T.S. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 25, 2015

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I was having major anxiety and depression. I sought therapy for a year and nothing was helping. I tried Amitriptyline, Prozac, Lexapro, and I don't know what else I can't remember. I found a psychiatrist that immediately diagnosed me as OCD at 30(!!). Mainly O with some compulsions that are highly functioning. This drug stopped the depression in weeks at 50mg. Compulsions were so much more manageable. After two years it just stopped working. We've gone up to 100mg and I started getting blurry vision. 125mg and I was highly agitated and depressed. Not sure where to go from here."

OCD1983 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 25, 2015

For Anorexia/Feeding Problems: "I switched to fluvoxamine from fluoxetine, for my GAD and anorexia after it was suggested a higher dose was needed and fluvoxamine was a better medication for that. Fluoxetine helped, but fluvoxamine really showed a difference. My mood has improved and stabilised, which has also helped my attitude towards eating. I've managed to get to a healthy BMI now."

Bri .S (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 23, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I have had problems since i was around 9 years old. I have had countless djavus, thinking i thought i could think what people were saying or feeling. Ilogical thoughts that didnt make no sense. lost in constant daydreaming even as a adult, trying to please everyone before myself all the time, not foccused or able to barley follow directions.On the meds im more foccused only a djavu every now and then, my thought seem more logical now im on meds.im able to live a more enjoyable life."

phill.charters towers October 6, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "My husband is a Vietnam veteran and has been on this for 15 years. In the last 5 years he has been kicking and punching and twitching in his sleep. He is now developing other signs of of neurological disorders. The doctor gave us a print out today and Luvox is a SSSR drug and they have recently found it causes Parkinsonism and when dosages are reduced or patient taken off this drug, the symptoms go. It works great for his depression, it helps reduce the symptons of PTSD but now his health is suffering from long term usage."

Willow2014 October 6, 2015

For Dysthymia: "Fevarin (fluvoxamine) 250 mg (150 mg at time of sleep and 100 mg in the morning) in association with 50 mg of amisulpride (Solian, Midora; NOT more than 50 because it changed the effect of sleeping well) with Anxiar 1 gr (both taken at 8 pm) - work great for sleep and dystimia!! Has an anorexigen effect also. I lost 2 kgs in two months, no dieting. Also took the ptsd effects out of my body, the cognitive relaxation appeared after increasing at 250 mgs fluvoxamine."

Maimutze October 5, 2015

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "Absolutely amazing! I was in a terrible spot with my harm OCD..... And then this miracle of a drug came along! It's almost like its a physical volume knob that turns your thoughts down... To the point where they are still there, but so quiet they're insignificant. ONLY reason I gave it a 9/10 is because it took a while to work.... But that's different for everyone. If you're reading this and are wondering if it's going to even work... I have been on it for a solid 8 weeks, and I'm JUST now starting to feel the effects. I literally have trouble falling asleep now, only because I'm excited about tomorrow! :)"

Anonymous September 30, 2015