User Reviews for Celexa

7.5
Summary of Celexa reviews 395 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Celexa

Review by Unbelievable Results (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: Celexa has changed my life. I have severe panic attacks, obsessive compulsive disorder and worry about everything. I started the medication and within 24 hours saw results. I don't want to say I had a "I don't care attitude" but I did. Started with breaking the medication in half- 5 mg then after two days went on 10 mg. I am the happiest I have ever been. Smiling, not worried, singing, and back to the normal me. My job is the biggest issue and I can come to work, focus, perform my job and not worry about all the side conversations. This medication has saved me. I hope it lasts a long time. I was afraid of taking anything that would alter me, but this Celexa works. Happy Days are ahead!

234 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 17, 2013 2:03 PM

Review by smitchler (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Anxiety and Stress: It works great if it works for you but if you have the problem where medication suddenly stops for no apparent reason then you could be in for a nightmare, like I was in for a whole year still going through it but not as bad. It more so numbs you that you don't worry about your physical aspects of anxiety and works great for mood but if it "poops out" on you then be prepared to fight the withdrawals.

December 12, 2013 11:40 PM

Review by Carolina1124:

For Anxiety and Stress: I just started taking Celexa and the only thing I notice are the headaches, which are very unusual for me. Sometimes they are worse than others. Can be distracting at work, but not so bad that I'm willing to through in the towel just yet. Also my stomach as been a little upset too, but again not enough to give up on trying to feel better!

December 11, 2013 8:23 AM

Review by ash12345 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I have been on Celexa for 2 months. I was very reluctant and had tried several in the past (couldn't get past the side effects). I didn't feel great the first couple weeks, but it wasn't awful. After 3 weeks, I felt better, more relaxed, and happier. I didn't feel much different, just started enjoying things more (as they should be). I smile more and laugh more - I get excited about things (I haven't felt excitement in a LONG time). I'm so happy I stuck with this one and it has truly worked for me. Also, I've had trouble accepting an anti-depressant as a treatment option because I have no reason to be depressed - great life, kids, job, husband. But, I was. I guess it's my brain chemistry, but it is what it is. This works!

194 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 9, 2013 9:50 PM

Review by Anonymous1989815 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Anxiety and Stress: For the last 7 months, I have taken 30mg/day. It eased 90% of my anxieties and obsessive thoughts. My family and friends quickly noticed my new, laid back state. I laughed more and cried (a whole lot) less. I have never been so emotionally stable. However, these benefits come at a price. First, I'm extremely tired. Next, my libido is gone. Also, my memory is awful. I constantly forget simple conversations or tasks. Similarly, I now struggle to articulate my thoughts. I often stumble over words and lose my train of thought mid-conversation. Lastly, at times, I feel like an emotionless zombie. For these reasons, I plan to taper off of the medication. I instead hope to learn new coping techniques.

99 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 9, 2013 8:15 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: I started this about a week ago and a few days afterwards I slightly felt like a new person. I could enjoy the weekend with my friends without worrying constantly about school or them judging me. Just yesterday the side effects began to kick in and now I feel back to my old self. I'm even moodier and depressed. I don't stress as much though. I fall asleep very early at night (8-9 compared to never being able to sleep) but now I have been waking up around 4 or 5 and not being able to sleep. I have very vivid dreams. I also have been extremely thirsty. My doctor said the side effects will even out. I'm excited for them to just so that I can start living normally again. (female)

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 4, 2013 4:41 PM

Review by nmay77 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety and Stress: Made me suicidal and depressed.

November 22, 2013 8:54 PM

Review by brix (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I have absolutely no complaints about Celexa. I've been on 20mg for about a month and a half now, and I feel like a huge weight has just been lifted off of me. I spend so much less of my day thinking about things that upset me, and I'm much more capable of just letting negative thoughts go and not letting them affect me. As a college student, I've dealt been dealing with a tremendous amount of social and academic stress. I was very weary about getting on an antidepressant out of fear of being "judged", but in retrospect getting on Celexa may be the best decision I've ever made. I couldn't help but to post on here and share my experience. It certainly took a little while to kick in, but be patient. I am feeling happy like I haven't in years!

119 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 20, 2013 8:42 PM

Review by Itiswhatitis:

For Anxiety and Stress: I began Celexa after having a bad experience on Prozac. I did not see immediate results but I did see some improvement. The side effects were terrible! I had extremely vivid dreams that caused me to be very tired and hard to wake. I had decreased sex drive and lots of problems with memory loss.

November 13, 2013 12:33 AM

Review by blonddraider (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: sI began having severe panic and anxiety about 6 weeks after being on HRT and I.might add for the past 7 years. I was a wreck crying all the time I mean yes I miss my mom but she has been gone since 1999 an literally cry on a dime all day. I keep having weird mind spells that would b triggered by a familiar smell or sound an though they felt de sha vie ish they weren't just weird an scary thought I was going craZY. Finally went to doctors they did a bunch of test and he told me exactly why my panic disorder and anxieties were getting so bad, I have zero % of estrogen in body. The doct said hrt and hbp meds not primarily used to treat the panic and anxiety they do help control. Put me on 10 celexa and 0.25 x 2 xanax. I feel like a million!!!

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 10, 2013 3:36 PM

Review by Rosy 2013 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Depression: When i first started citalpram i felt pretty bad for about a week. My moods and sleep were greatly distupted. However a couple weeks into the treatment everything was greatly improved. I felt so much happier and able to handle life's challenges. Even my family and friends commented that i didnt seem as moody and irritable! Unfortunately i have had to switch to a new drug because after taking celexa for about a year i began having major memory problems. Hopefully this would not happen to everyone taking this because the benefits were amazing!!! By the way i was at max dose 40 mg when the memory problems started.

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 9, 2013 10:53 PM

Review by depression.hurts (taken for 10 years or more):

For Depression: Great for Depression.

November 6, 2013 6:57 PM

Review by pyrofatty (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Depression: I have been on Celexa for over a year, I was quite unstable when I started Celexa but after a few months between Celexa and Geodon I evened out to a pretty much numb stable state. I guess not feeling is better then feeling bad things all the time. I'm not sure how to explain it but between my meds I usually feel like an observer of my body, not fully connected to any experience I am in...dreamlike I suppose. Now I have to switch because of the interaction between the two, so we'll hope the next one is at least equivalent.

November 6, 2013 5:43 PM

Review by blonddraider (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: I just started the medication 10mg for 14 days then 20mg for 1 month then doctor wants to see me I have been diagnosed with anxiety, panic disorder, OCD, depression, and depersonalization. I have been on the celexa for five days an although the doc told me it would be 3-4 weeks for full effect I smiled today, I don't feel heavy with thought, I feel like I will come back to me I didn't mind wander or get too into my head today. That's a great feeling, I think I'm going to be okay!

108 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 4, 2013 5:56 PM

Review by kristyl111685:

For Depression: Been taking it 4 days,i feel less sad but so thirsty n cant eat or sleep...not giving up yet because i havnt cried much and bdfore i cried everyday.n then was bitchy...thats been ok....we will see i will update at a later time....

November 3, 2013 2:29 AM

Review by Y.J:

For Anxiety and Stress: I was prescribed 20 mg of Lexapro (I split in half) about a year ago and it did make me feel "Zombie Like" for the first couple days of taken it but i got used to it and it did help my anxiety A LOT. I was taken off it cause i was taken off of it about 4 months into taken it cause my insurance wouldn't cover it anymore. Its been about 6 months since I've taken something and my doctor decided to prescribe me 10 mg of Celexa. I took my first dose last night and I was kinda iffy about taking it and was scared for about 1 hour after taking it then I started feeling unscared and more realistic as I do suffer from Depersonilization too. As of right now being my 2nd day on Celexa I can say the side effects aren't as bad as Lexapro were.

October 31, 2013 6:33 PM

Review by K-Murr:

For Depression: I've been on 10 mg of Citalopram for 6 months. Honestly, I've always been skeptical regarding anti-depressants (SSRIs), but once I quit being stubborn and finally started on this medication...just, thank goodness. Citalopram has essentially saved my life. I feel like the me I SHOULD be; as in, this drug didn't turn me emotionless/zombielike; it simply enhanced me and has brought me back to life. I'm happier, more confident, and so thankful that I've gotten myself out of an abyss of chronic sadness. I have experienced a few side effects such as SUPER vivid dreams and more difficulty self-lubricating before sex, but in the scope of things it's totally manageable. Also, I did NOT gain weight, so don't let that possibility scare you off!!

148 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 29, 2013 11:31 PM

Review by anon5003 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Depression: After trying prozac (didn't like) and wellbutrin (better than prozac but still not terrific), was given Celexa by a new doc. I have dysthmia that increases in winter months (probably due to less light where I live, during the shorter days from Oct-March). Celexa gave me an almost instant 'happy' boost and I haven't been off it for more than 6 mos. for a long time. Pros: more energy, no crying spells when daylight lessens during winter months. Cons: did not work for my GAD (I take alprazolam for that), libido is almost non-existent, and my emotions are somewhat blunted (meaning, I don't really cry often, when before I used to be emotional over a lot of things...but I can take that!) Impact on libido is the most annoying side effect.

October 29, 2013 7:18 PM

Review by ashlandbridge (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: Never feel down or tired..absolute feel wonderful

October 27, 2013 2:05 PM

Review by Ang1215:

For Depression: I was on celexa for about a month. I started feeling very paranoid and started showing psychotic symptoms that I've never had before. I ended up in the hospital for a week. I still have anxiety problems to this day. Be careful with this medication.

October 26, 2013 9:13 AM

Review by IndigoIvy:

For Anxiety and Stress: I have suffered from treatment-resistant generalized anxiety disorder for over 15 years and have tried every treatment in the book (except for Celexa). Nothing worked. Before Celexa I was on Lexapro, which is supposedly the newer, more 'refined' version of Celexa, and felt horrible. About 6 months ago, I decided to switch over to Celexa and have never felt better. I felt a difference right away (within a day or two). I am finally back to my happy, bubbly, chatty self. Other SSRIs that cut my anxiety made me feel 'flat'. Not Celexa. On Celexa I'm still able to feel my emotions-I can laugh and cry (when appropriate)-without feeling overwhelmed by them. I take it in the morning and have so much energy all day. I highly recommend this medication.

162 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 17, 2013 3:07 PM

Review by smmy77 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: I have been prescribed 10 mg and so far have felt ok. I don't feel overly hungry but really thirsty. This is day 4 and I am sleeping really well. This is a first for me I have always dealt with my anxiety on my own without any meds. This time it was so bad I had no choice. I feel relaxed and much more positive about each day.

October 17, 2013 10:08 AM

Review by guest01 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Depression: I started taking Celexa because I told my doctor my mood swings were crazy. It was depression. Well it helped big time! I've been on it for over a year 10mg but sometimes I take 20mg. I am starting to feel more sad now though but its my living situation that is making me sad. Celexa is a great medicine although I never thought I would take anti-depressants. Anyhow I was super skinny, it helped me gain weight and keep it on. So yes you will gain weight on it but other then that it has worked for me until now. Now I don't feel happy but I did when I started taking it.

October 12, 2013 3:15 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Anxiety and Stress: I have been taking Celexa for 5 years and it is the best thing ever. I lost my business and marriage to anxiety and anger issues. For 2 years after I blamed everyone but myself, then started Celexa and have been a much better and much more successful person. I have noticed two side effects my appetite changes causing my weight to vary in the 5 to 10 pound range and sex has never been better. I do not crave it as much but when I do it much better. It lasts longer and has a bigger effect.

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 4, 2013 5:14 PM

Review by jussynicole (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: Celexa is very effective in my opinion. I have tried Lexapro and Paxil which made me horribly sick. I have had a few side effects since I am just starting it, but they are not that bad. I can tell they are there but I'm not stopped by them. The only effect I don't like is the sexual problems. They aren't kidding about it. Started affecting me on day 1. Getting better is worth it though. Please give it a try, even if you're nervous!

September 23, 2013 10:08 PM