User Reviews for Celexa

Depression 235 reviews 75 medications

7.6
Summary of Celexa reviews 456 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Celexa

For Depression "Along with Celexa at 20mg, for about 5 weeks, I take 150mg of Wellbutrin, and 40 mg of methadone. I've had several back surgeries so live with chronic pain. Along with an improvement of depression and anxiety, I noticed that my appetite has decreased. No weight gain, maybe lost a couple pounds. I noticed improvement on the first couple days! I've tried Prozac & Welbutrin, individually & together, but not much help. I recommend giving Celexa a try over any other medicines."

Flowly improving (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 24, 2014

For Anxiety and Stress "Day 4 of Celexa & WOW my negative thoughts, constant worry & irritation have almost vanished! I'm taking 10mg a day and am amazed at how quickly I feel this medicine working. I have had some bad headaches, dizziness & a little nausea but that's about it & totally worth it for the difference I'm feeling. I feel like life is worth living again. Thank you Celexa!"

Jillybean1979 December 20, 2014

193 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I just started taking Celexa and it worked really good. I'm happy all the time and my marriage is getting better."

allysmo3 December 19, 2014

97 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I have suffered from panic attacks for about 12 years. Because I have a brother who became addicted to xanax and ended up detoxing in a hospital I have been afraid of all medication. After a major scare concerning a health issue I found I could no longer ignore the consequences of the attacks. I have lost 20 lbs in 5 years and am now very underweight. I had no appetite and dreaded meals. I started taking Celexa 3 weeks ago and the change is amazing. I still wake up in the middle of the night and I do have very vivid dreams. However, now when I wake up and do not go into a panic attack. I am eating 3 meals a day. The only side effects I have are headaches and constipation. I would recommend this medicine."

joanmredd December 18, 2014

For Anxiety and Stress "I got on Celexa about 5 months ago. The reason was stress. I went to the doctor for a routine physical after turning 30. He was going through a checklist of questions and when 'stress' came up I was like absolutely. Just married, new house, new baby, trying to elevate myself in the professional world --- all wonderful stuff but challenging and stressful. He prescribed Celexa to "take the edge off." It did just that. Nothing major, but you can feel it for the first few weeks. You're just a little more chill. It makes it difficult to get angry (i.e. road rage never happens). I took it a few months then I stopped. Didn't notice any side effects from getting off it. Didn't feel it anymore after a few months anyway."

Joey from Loueeezziana December 15, 2014

For Depression "Celexa is a literally a magic pill, for me. 20 minutes, tops & I feel like myself again. I've been taking it for about 4 years for 1 or 2 months a couple of times a year. The holidays are always bad. I get so sick of crying all the time. Sobbing, actually. I've tried a few other antidepressants but nothing works like Celexa. For me. May not be for everyone. Other people may need to take Celexa for a longer or more regular period of time & it can take up to 2-3 weeks for the medication to completely work, for a lot of people. Ask your doctor & give it a try."

Dawn_Dawn1968 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 8, 2014

For Anxiety and Stress "My doctor put me on Celexa when I started having tension headaches from severe stress. The headaches were gone after a week of taking the medication. A week later, I started tripping over my own feet & my pharmacist told me the medication was to blame. My stress was absolutely more manageable, though!"

StephanieAlice (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 7, 2014

For Anxiety and Stress "Took this for about a year and it was highly effective. Boosted my mood and rid of most my anxiety in just a week of starting it. Only thing was it made me sick at first but I switched to taking it at night and I was fine! I'd recommend Celexa over anything."

anxiousaf (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 1, 2014

For Anxiety and Stress "I started this medication 2 1/2 years ago it has worked wonders for me. It took my anxiety away. I used to have panic attacks that would last for hours and hours I thought I was loosing my mind. This made me feel normal again I hadn't had an actual anxiety attack in over 2 years. Thank you Celexa."

kavsp November 27, 2014

123 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "When my doctor suggested I have anxiety, at first I was hesitant to try Celexa. I had always attributed my symptoms to Irritable Bowel Syndrome, allergies and chronic back and hip pain. I held my prescription for three weeks before deciding to try it. I have been taking 20 mg for 7 days. I have not had to take a muscle relaxer or a strong pain reliever in a week because although I still feel a little discomfort in my back, it's not so bad anymore. Added benefit."

Ladyflyer7 (taken for less than 1 month) November 16, 2014

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I'm a 40 year old male that has taken Celexa for about 10 years now for aniexty. I take 40mg once a day. It works well to manage my anxiety. With the higher dose I take it can cause nausea for me if taken on an empty stomach. I also get sleepy for an hour or two after taking it so I take it at bed time. The only issue I've had is forgetting to take or running out of this medication. The withdrawl is pretty bad after about 4 days of not taking causing anxiety, dizziness, brain fog, "brain zaps", insomnia and flu like symptoms. Celexa has worked very well for me and would recommend it for treating anxiety. Just don't suddenly stop taking it. You have to slowly ween off."

Synchroduv (taken for 10 years or more) October 31, 2014

179 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I was too proud at first to try a medicine, but I'm so glad I did. It changed my life. My stress and anxiety stay managable and no major side effects except minor fatigue."

stressedoutnurse (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 29, 2014

126 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I started taking citalopram for 12 days. At first they started me with 10 mg but that didn't affect me at all so I went back to the doctor and they gave me 20 mg. I started to notice that my anxiety was getting worst which was the main reason why I started taking the pill and I also had some stress but I also notice that the hours between 2 to 10 pm my anxiety goes away for some reason. Yesterday was the first night in 2 weeks where I slept the whole night without a nervous feeling and today which is day 12 my anxiety through out the day hasn't really affected me. I actually woke up in the morning without the feeling of going to the hospital....hopefully every day gets better."

primetime22 (taken for less than 1 month) October 21, 2014

For Depression "Simply put a "MIRACLE"."

JJen_rose57 October 17, 2014

For Depression "Celexa has changed my life in 5 days! Thanks to a doctor who finally understood what was wrong with me after suffering excruciating physical pain for at least 10 or more years. I feel lIke a new person. Have had more energy in the last 5 days than I have for 5 years! Suffering from some insomnia but I am sure that will go away. - 51 year old female"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2014

For Depression "Started Celexa a month ago. At first, tremors, dry mouth, shaking, and dead libido. After a week, my jaw was petrified, my teeth hurt, was always biting my tongue. My energy was gone. Was sleeping 9hrs at night, and 3-4 hrs nap in the afternoon. I was a zombie. I just switch to Wellbutrin, and I pray for better results. "

Lisabel (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 8, 2014

For Anxiety and Stress "After holding on to the medication for about 3 weeks I couldn't believe the results after just one day and literally felt the effects hours after I took the medication. I did experience side effects far as the nausea, diarrhea, headache and dizziness but I found out after taking it the second day that it was only because I hadn't eaten before Celexa. I really see the difference I'm no longer stressed and depressed I do feel the difference and it's a really great medication. I was so iffy about taking depression anxiety medication however I'm so glad that I did."

all that jazz (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2014

167 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I was finally diagnosed with clinical depression and anxiety last week. I have been suffering since childhood, but only recently obtained help. The doctors prescribed me Celexa. I've been on it for a few days now and I feel a noticeable difference. I wonder if that's even possible; I've read everywhere that it takes several weeks to notice some changes. Placebo effect maybe? Anyways, I appreciate having a more positive outlook on life and I even found the side effect (lightheadedness) a tad pleasant."

KeeksterReekster (taken for less than 1 month) September 29, 2014

100 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "Have been taking this for 2 weeks, and the positive effects were immediate for me. I did have some initial side effects such as dry mouth (lasted a few days), and change in bowel movement (getting better ), yawning a lot first 3-5 days, better now. The impact it has had on me has been nothing but GREAT. I had a lot of areas of stress in my life from family to work, and the anxiety made me feel my heart was going to jump out of my chest! Now, those little things don't worry me, and I've been able to let go of personal struggles that were holding me down, including a broken heart! This has let me be myself again, and most of all to enjoy life again!!"

Ella Sue September 28, 2014

285 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "This medication has changed my life. I am bipolar so I take it with my Trileptal (mood stabilizer). I've been searching for the right medicine combination for 10 years and I've never felt better. I started Celexa 6 weeks ago and It took about a month to feel it working. I had headaches and stomach problems but all that has subsided. I am free from the debilitating anxiety I've dealt with my entire life. I feel a sense of hope and happiness I never thought possible for me. I recommend this to anyone who struggles with anxiety, obsessive thoughts, low energy, stress sensitive or depressed. It's truly been a God send."

New woman (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 27, 2014

248 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I have been on Celexa since January of this year and the medicine has been awesome. Stress, anxiety and panic attack free. Celexa gave me my life back. I was scared to take it at first because of all the stuff I read on the Internet. My advice to anyone starting any SSRI is not to read all the horror stories on the internet. It will just make it worse, believe me. All I can say is I never want to go back to the way it was. That being said if I have to take Celexa the rest of my life so be it."

bill71 September 23, 2014

324 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "AMAZING.....after 1 week I could sleep, all panic attacks, seating, fear of dying, heart racing stopped. Have never been better."

tacjam September 9, 2014

286 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I had the same experience as the last post, had been in a state of worsening depression for months, about 2 days after starting Celexa it was like I snapped out of it, and the last four months has been a bad dream. I too worry that its to much to fast, its supposed to take weeks at least, however apparently for some patients and there's no real reason for it, do experience notable improvements within days, the working theory are those with more manic like depression are more apt to it working in shorter terms but its not really known why."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 9, 2014

For Anxiety and Stress "I have had anxiety for over ten years. 2 years ago I started having severe panic attacks and anxiety. I tried Luvox, Prozac, and now I am taking Celexa. The first did not do much for me and the Prozac made me feel like I was out of my body and gave me really bad side effects. Celexa is amazing I am taking 20mg 2x daily. Highly recommend!"

psugirl2030 September 6, 2014

135 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I was given 10mg and a week later he went up to 20mg. So far I have had constant yawning, sweating attacks, nausea and now diarrhea. I also have problems sleeping at night and this made me tired in afternoon, but I now split dose, 1 before bed and one when I get up...that has helped the symptoms and they are less bothersome now. The sweating is the worst, I ordered Odaban and it is wonderful! You can even apply it to your face and head and that is where I sweat. I have not have any more feelings of doom and gloom and excessive worrying. I feel like I am getting back to normal but it's been 2 weeks and I'm not there yet. So I guess so far so good."

billabcdefg246 (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2014