User Reviews for Celexa

7.6
Summary of Celexa reviews 401 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Celexa

Review by Bill71 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety and Stress: Been on Celexa now for a month at 10mg daily. So far so good. I feel a lot better and a lot more relaxed and calm. No panic attacks or anything like that. It's been great. Going to doctor in a couple weeks for follow up appointment. Going to see if I can start on 20mg. I feel that will even work better.

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 30, 2014 12:54 PM

Review by Mimi_h (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: I was optimistic when starting this medication for uncontrollable anxiety. I have previously tried Lexapro and Zoloft with success and haven't needed any medication for several years. I had a horrible experience with Celexa even at only 10mg. After my first dose I immediately felt bad. I dreaded taking it every night due to the body twitching and anxiety producing effects I felt within 45 min of the dose. Eventually I was having anxiety attacks everyday as well as feeling generally anxious all day. I had to discontinue it after 1 week due to the worst panic attack I've ever had. The withdrawal effects were horrendous, too--flu like.

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 20, 2014 6:30 PM

Review by Bill71 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: First was put on Zoloft. Went off it due to the side effects. Then was put on Celexa. No side effects, and after only a week I feel great. The medicine works.

123 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 9, 2014 11:12 AM

Review by liveloveetc (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: I have been on this medicine for only 3 weeks and my love addiction, my sex addiction have all but practically disappeared. I don't feel as depressed I feel even, grounded and no longer have the feeling that I am separated from myself. My obsessive thoughts have all but disappeared. I was constantly thinking about my ex who broke up with me 9 months ago. I feel finally that I got my life back. I prefer low libido than constantly thinking that every attractive girl I connect with might be my future girlfriend. Celexa works for me, I have been on and off them for years now but now I am sticking to the program. Be patient people and stick to the program.

107 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 5, 2014 11:52 AM

Review by Mrz. Bo$$y (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: For the past few years I think I have suffered from anxiety. Couldn't really put my finger on it until thanksgiving day. Everything was fine until it hit me out of no where. I remember feeling like my future was doomed. I couldn't concentrate, I felt like I wasn't myself. I completely lost it. It was like I was losing grasp of every aspect of my life. I cried and thought I was losing my sanity. It was the scariest thing I had ever experienced. After seeing 2 doctors the medicines they prescribed either didn't help or maybe my anxiety got the best of me but finally my mom made me go to the ER and they gave me Celexa. The side effects where pretty bad but I stuck it out and I must say that almost 3 weeks in I'm feeling back to myself.

138 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 31, 2013 12:45 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: I have been on this medication for a week and have never felt better. I have noticed no anxiety and my mind does not race all the time. My spouse has even said that he has noticed a difference with my attitude. I feel like my old self. I have been smiling more and feel relaxed. I take 20 mg per day. The only downfall that I have found with this medication is that it upsets my stomach, so what I have been doing is taking it with my dinner meal and that has seemed to help.

113 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 30, 2013 12:01 PM

Review by Unbelievable Results (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: Celexa has changed my life. I have severe panic attacks, obsessive compulsive disorder and worry about everything. I started the medication and within 24 hours saw results. I don't want to say I had a "I don't care attitude" but I did. Started with breaking the medication in half- 5 mg then after two days went on 10 mg. I am the happiest I have ever been. Smiling, not worried, singing, and back to the normal me. My job is the biggest issue and I can come to work, focus, perform my job and not worry about all the side conversations. This medication has saved me. I hope it lasts a long time. I was afraid of taking anything that would alter me, but this Celexa works. Happy Days are ahead!

242 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 17, 2013 2:03 PM

Review by smitchler (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Anxiety and Stress: It works great if it works for you but if you have the problem where medication suddenly stops for no apparent reason then you could be in for a nightmare, like I was in for a whole year still going through it but not as bad. It more so numbs you that you don't worry about your physical aspects of anxiety and works great for mood but if it "poops out" on you then be prepared to fight the withdrawals.

December 12, 2013 11:40 PM

Review by Carolina1124:

For Anxiety and Stress: I just started taking Celexa and the only thing I notice are the headaches, which are very unusual for me. Sometimes they are worse than others. Can be distracting at work, but not so bad that I'm willing to through in the towel just yet. Also my stomach as been a little upset too, but again not enough to give up on trying to feel better!

December 11, 2013 8:23 AM

Review by ash12345 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I have been on Celexa for 2 months. I was very reluctant and had tried several in the past (couldn't get past the side effects). I didn't feel great the first couple weeks, but it wasn't awful. After 3 weeks, I felt better, more relaxed, and happier. I didn't feel much different, just started enjoying things more (as they should be). I smile more and laugh more - I get excited about things (I haven't felt excitement in a LONG time). I'm so happy I stuck with this one and it has truly worked for me. Also, I've had trouble accepting an anti-depressant as a treatment option because I have no reason to be depressed - great life, kids, job, husband. But, I was. I guess it's my brain chemistry, but it is what it is. This works!

203 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 9, 2013 9:50 PM

Review by Anonymous1989815 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Anxiety and Stress: For the last 7 months, I have taken 30mg/day. It eased 90% of my anxieties and obsessive thoughts. My family and friends quickly noticed my new, laid back state. I laughed more and cried (a whole lot) less. I have never been so emotionally stable. However, these benefits come at a price. First, I'm extremely tired. Next, my libido is gone. Also, my memory is awful. I constantly forget simple conversations or tasks. Similarly, I now struggle to articulate my thoughts. I often stumble over words and lose my train of thought mid-conversation. Lastly, at times, I feel like an emotionless zombie. For these reasons, I plan to taper off of the medication. I instead hope to learn new coping techniques.

102 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 9, 2013 8:15 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: I started this about a week ago and a few days afterwards I slightly felt like a new person. I could enjoy the weekend with my friends without worrying constantly about school or them judging me. Just yesterday the side effects began to kick in and now I feel back to my old self. I'm even moodier and depressed. I don't stress as much though. I fall asleep very early at night (8-9 compared to never being able to sleep) but now I have been waking up around 4 or 5 and not being able to sleep. I have very vivid dreams. I also have been extremely thirsty. My doctor said the side effects will even out. I'm excited for them to just so that I can start living normally again. (female)

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 4, 2013 4:41 PM

Review by nmay77 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety and Stress: Made me suicidal and depressed.

November 22, 2013 8:54 PM

Review by brix (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I have absolutely no complaints about Celexa. I've been on 20mg for about a month and a half now, and I feel like a huge weight has just been lifted off of me. I spend so much less of my day thinking about things that upset me, and I'm much more capable of just letting negative thoughts go and not letting them affect me. As a college student, I've dealt been dealing with a tremendous amount of social and academic stress. I was very weary about getting on an antidepressant out of fear of being "judged", but in retrospect getting on Celexa may be the best decision I've ever made. I couldn't help but to post on here and share my experience. It certainly took a little while to kick in, but be patient. I am feeling happy like I haven't in years!

121 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 20, 2013 8:42 PM

Review by Itiswhatitis:

For Anxiety and Stress: I began Celexa after having a bad experience on Prozac. I did not see immediate results but I did see some improvement. The side effects were terrible! I had extremely vivid dreams that caused me to be very tired and hard to wake. I had decreased sex drive and lots of problems with memory loss.

November 13, 2013 12:33 AM

Review by blonddraider (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: sI began having severe panic and anxiety about 6 weeks after being on HRT and I.might add for the past 7 years. I was a wreck crying all the time I mean yes I miss my mom but she has been gone since 1999 an literally cry on a dime all day. I keep having weird mind spells that would b triggered by a familiar smell or sound an though they felt de sha vie ish they weren't just weird an scary thought I was going craZY. Finally went to doctors they did a bunch of test and he told me exactly why my panic disorder and anxieties were getting so bad, I have zero % of estrogen in body. The doct said hrt and hbp meds not primarily used to treat the panic and anxiety they do help control. Put me on 10 celexa and 0.25 x 2 xanax. I feel like a million!!!

72 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 10, 2013 3:36 PM

Review by Rosy 2013 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Depression: When i first started citalpram i felt pretty bad for about a week. My moods and sleep were greatly distupted. However a couple weeks into the treatment everything was greatly improved. I felt so much happier and able to handle life's challenges. Even my family and friends commented that i didnt seem as moody and irritable! Unfortunately i have had to switch to a new drug because after taking celexa for about a year i began having major memory problems. Hopefully this would not happen to everyone taking this because the benefits were amazing!!! By the way i was at max dose 40 mg when the memory problems started.

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 9, 2013 10:53 PM

Review by depression.hurts (taken for 10 years or more):

For Depression: Great for Depression.

November 6, 2013 6:57 PM

Review by pyrofatty (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Depression: I have been on Celexa for over a year, I was quite unstable when I started Celexa but after a few months between Celexa and Geodon I evened out to a pretty much numb stable state. I guess not feeling is better then feeling bad things all the time. I'm not sure how to explain it but between my meds I usually feel like an observer of my body, not fully connected to any experience I am in...dreamlike I suppose. Now I have to switch because of the interaction between the two, so we'll hope the next one is at least equivalent.

November 6, 2013 5:43 PM

Review by blonddraider (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: I just started the medication 10mg for 14 days then 20mg for 1 month then doctor wants to see me I have been diagnosed with anxiety, panic disorder, OCD, depression, and depersonalization. I have been on the celexa for five days an although the doc told me it would be 3-4 weeks for full effect I smiled today, I don't feel heavy with thought, I feel like I will come back to me I didn't mind wander or get too into my head today. That's a great feeling, I think I'm going to be okay!

111 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 4, 2013 5:56 PM

Review by kristyl111685:

For Depression: Been taking it 4 days,i feel less sad but so thirsty n cant eat or sleep...not giving up yet because i havnt cried much and bdfore i cried everyday.n then was bitchy...thats been ok....we will see i will update at a later time....

November 3, 2013 2:29 AM

Review by Y.J:

For Anxiety and Stress: I was prescribed 20 mg of Lexapro (I split in half) about a year ago and it did make me feel "Zombie Like" for the first couple days of taken it but i got used to it and it did help my anxiety A LOT. I was taken off it cause i was taken off of it about 4 months into taken it cause my insurance wouldn't cover it anymore. Its been about 6 months since I've taken something and my doctor decided to prescribe me 10 mg of Celexa. I took my first dose last night and I was kinda iffy about taking it and was scared for about 1 hour after taking it then I started feeling unscared and more realistic as I do suffer from Depersonilization too. As of right now being my 2nd day on Celexa I can say the side effects aren't as bad as Lexapro were.

October 31, 2013 6:33 PM

Review by K-Murr:

For Depression: I've been on 10 mg of Citalopram for 6 months. Honestly, I've always been skeptical regarding anti-depressants (SSRIs), but once I quit being stubborn and finally started on this medication...just, thank goodness. Citalopram has essentially saved my life. I feel like the me I SHOULD be; as in, this drug didn't turn me emotionless/zombielike; it simply enhanced me and has brought me back to life. I'm happier, more confident, and so thankful that I've gotten myself out of an abyss of chronic sadness. I have experienced a few side effects such as SUPER vivid dreams and more difficulty self-lubricating before sex, but in the scope of things it's totally manageable. Also, I did NOT gain weight, so don't let that possibility scare you off!!

151 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 29, 2013 11:31 PM

Review by anon5003 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Depression: After trying prozac (didn't like) and wellbutrin (better than prozac but still not terrific), was given Celexa by a new doc. I have dysthmia that increases in winter months (probably due to less light where I live, during the shorter days from Oct-March). Celexa gave me an almost instant 'happy' boost and I haven't been off it for more than 6 mos. for a long time. Pros: more energy, no crying spells when daylight lessens during winter months. Cons: did not work for my GAD (I take alprazolam for that), libido is almost non-existent, and my emotions are somewhat blunted (meaning, I don't really cry often, when before I used to be emotional over a lot of things...but I can take that!) Impact on libido is the most annoying side effect.

October 29, 2013 7:18 PM