User Reviews for Celexa

7.6
Summary of Celexa reviews 409 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Celexa

Review by AliDianne (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I think I waited to long to start taking this medication. I too along with many others was against "happy pills" as I used to call them, I started having anxiety attacks at work and my emotions were starting to bleed into every aspect of my life, I had to do something. Depression is sneaky... you don't realize what its doing to you until you can step out of it and take a breath a real clear minded breath. That what Celexa has been for me. It made me soo tired at the beginning and I didn't eat much, but after about a week I noticed I was not crying all day like before. I cant say I feel super happy all the time but I notice that I am not as sad and I have energy to do more than lay on the couch on the weekends!

100 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 1, 2014 9:48 AM

Review by CKay1104:

For Anxiety and Stress: Best anti-anxiety medication for me. At 20mg it perfectly takes the edge off & allows me to focus with clarity at work & at home. I have been on Celexa for 10 years, tried Wellbutrin once thinking it might help with weight loss but it made me feel crazy & irritable, I did not like it at all. My daughter has similar issues as I do & Celexa did not work for her, she's going to try Prozac now. I think it's important to realize that everybody is different as is their chemical make up & what might work great for one may not for another.

138 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 13, 2014 11:13 PM

Review by M1tch:

For Anxiety and Stress: I took 10 mg for a couple of months and started 20 mg two weeks ago

February 10, 2014 5:27 PM

Review by mpmpmp (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I have been dealing with severe anxiety and depression for 16 years and it keeps getting worse and worse. I have no drive or ambition, lost my girl friend and job came to an end. It finally made me realize that I have to do something about this problem. I have been totally against medicines and have always disregarded mental illness but I now think it is mental illness that has put me in this terrible place. I have started taking Celexa 10 (20mg) days ago and am so excited to see the results. I have not noticed much response yet but I am generally less negative and have more excitement for things that I once loved.

102 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 10, 2014 1:50 PM

Review by Verton:

For Depression: I've had stints of anxiety and depression throughout my life. It got much worse when I got to college. It took me two years until my family and friends wanted me to seek help. My doctor put me on 10mg of Celexa a day and I felt it the first day! Felt so much better and more productive. I'm back to my normal self and not scared/sad to experience the things I used to enjoy.

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 10, 2014 2:32 AM

Review by amdam22 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: Im a 20 year old female, been on Celexa for about 4 days now. I was pretty skeptical reading all the reviews and some negative ones really scared me, but I decided to take it anyway. So far I am liking the medicine. Little side effects such as a mild headache that seems to come about 5 min. after I take the pill, drowsiness (which is why I take it at night) and a tiny but of nausea. Nothing to major like I thought. Oh! and also no panic attacks, which is one of the main reasons I started taking this. Celexa has given me a sort of "calm, relaxed" feel. But I also feel more uplifted. I'm not sure the right word. I'm not energetic but I feel energized, which is great. I would recommend trying this if you suffer from frequent panic and worry.

238 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 7, 2014 11:09 PM

Review by Eleni217:

For Anxiety and Stress: Been on Celexa for three months. It took a couple weeks to adjust to mild side effects such as heartburn and a general feeling that I'm full or not hungry. However, I no longer have those side effects and I feel great now! I have social anxiety and for the first time in years I feel happy and more confident in social situations. I feel normal and have nearly no negative thoughts any longer.

171 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 5, 2014 4:43 PM

Review by imhavingagreatday (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I've been diagnosed with moderate depression in December. I've been in therapy with a psychologist since October. I lost my job, didn't go to school, broke up with my boyfriend, I was pretty much a mess. I had no motivation whatsoever. I basically secluded myself. I started Celexa 3 weeks ago and WOW oh WOW. I feel so happy. People noticed that I've changed and seriously the first week on Celexa was hard but it's so worth it. Stick with it, give it a chance. The only problem I have with Celexa is that it takes me forever to achieve orgasm but whatever I still have a sex drive which is very good. I got my boyfriend back, yay. Now I'm back to school, found a new job. I mean I got my life back on track and I am so happy with the results.

147 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 4, 2014 10:29 AM

Review by Bill71 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety and Stress: Been on Celexa now for a month at 10mg daily. So far so good. I feel a lot better and a lot more relaxed and calm. No panic attacks or anything like that. It's been great. Going to doctor in a couple weeks for follow up appointment. Going to see if I can start on 20mg. I feel that will even work better.

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 30, 2014 12:54 PM

Review by Mimi_h (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: I was optimistic when starting this medication for uncontrollable anxiety. I have previously tried Lexapro and Zoloft with success and haven't needed any medication for several years. I had a horrible experience with Celexa even at only 10mg. After my first dose I immediately felt bad. I dreaded taking it every night due to the body twitching and anxiety producing effects I felt within 45 min of the dose. Eventually I was having anxiety attacks everyday as well as feeling generally anxious all day. I had to discontinue it after 1 week due to the worst panic attack I've ever had. The withdrawal effects were horrendous, too--flu like.

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 20, 2014 6:30 PM

Review by Bill71 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: First was put on Zoloft. Went off it due to the side effects. Then was put on Celexa. No side effects, and after only a week I feel great. The medicine works.

130 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 9, 2014 11:12 AM

Review by liveloveetc (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: I have been on this medicine for only 3 weeks and my love addiction, my sex addiction have all but practically disappeared. I don't feel as depressed I feel even, grounded and no longer have the feeling that I am separated from myself. My obsessive thoughts have all but disappeared. I was constantly thinking about my ex who broke up with me 9 months ago. I feel finally that I got my life back. I prefer low libido than constantly thinking that every attractive girl I connect with might be my future girlfriend. Celexa works for me, I have been on and off them for years now but now I am sticking to the program. Be patient people and stick to the program.

110 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 5, 2014 11:52 AM

Review by Mrz. Bo$$y (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: For the past few years I think I have suffered from anxiety. Couldn't really put my finger on it until thanksgiving day. Everything was fine until it hit me out of no where. I remember feeling like my future was doomed. I couldn't concentrate, I felt like I wasn't myself. I completely lost it. It was like I was losing grasp of every aspect of my life. I cried and thought I was losing my sanity. It was the scariest thing I had ever experienced. After seeing 2 doctors the medicines they prescribed either didn't help or maybe my anxiety got the best of me but finally my mom made me go to the ER and they gave me Celexa. The side effects where pretty bad but I stuck it out and I must say that almost 3 weeks in I'm feeling back to myself.

141 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 31, 2013 12:45 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: I have been on this medication for a week and have never felt better. I have noticed no anxiety and my mind does not race all the time. My spouse has even said that he has noticed a difference with my attitude. I feel like my old self. I have been smiling more and feel relaxed. I take 20 mg per day. The only downfall that I have found with this medication is that it upsets my stomach, so what I have been doing is taking it with my dinner meal and that has seemed to help.

115 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 30, 2013 12:01 PM

Review by Unbelievable Results (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: Celexa has changed my life. I have severe panic attacks, obsessive compulsive disorder and worry about everything. I started the medication and within 24 hours saw results. I don't want to say I had a "I don't care attitude" but I did. Started with breaking the medication in half- 5 mg then after two days went on 10 mg. I am the happiest I have ever been. Smiling, not worried, singing, and back to the normal me. My job is the biggest issue and I can come to work, focus, perform my job and not worry about all the side conversations. This medication has saved me. I hope it lasts a long time. I was afraid of taking anything that would alter me, but this Celexa works. Happy Days are ahead!

252 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 17, 2013 2:03 PM

Review by smitchler (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Anxiety and Stress: It works great if it works for you but if you have the problem where medication suddenly stops for no apparent reason then you could be in for a nightmare, like I was in for a whole year still going through it but not as bad. It more so numbs you that you don't worry about your physical aspects of anxiety and works great for mood but if it "poops out" on you then be prepared to fight the withdrawals.

December 12, 2013 11:40 PM

Review by Carolina1124:

For Anxiety and Stress: I just started taking Celexa and the only thing I notice are the headaches, which are very unusual for me. Sometimes they are worse than others. Can be distracting at work, but not so bad that I'm willing to through in the towel just yet. Also my stomach as been a little upset too, but again not enough to give up on trying to feel better!

December 11, 2013 8:23 AM

Review by ash12345 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I have been on Celexa for 2 months. I was very reluctant and had tried several in the past (couldn't get past the side effects). I didn't feel great the first couple weeks, but it wasn't awful. After 3 weeks, I felt better, more relaxed, and happier. I didn't feel much different, just started enjoying things more (as they should be). I smile more and laugh more - I get excited about things (I haven't felt excitement in a LONG time). I'm so happy I stuck with this one and it has truly worked for me. Also, I've had trouble accepting an anti-depressant as a treatment option because I have no reason to be depressed - great life, kids, job, husband. But, I was. I guess it's my brain chemistry, but it is what it is. This works!

211 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 9, 2013 9:50 PM

Review by Anonymous1989815 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Anxiety and Stress: For the last 7 months, I have taken 30mg/day. It eased 90% of my anxieties and obsessive thoughts. My family and friends quickly noticed my new, laid back state. I laughed more and cried (a whole lot) less. I have never been so emotionally stable. However, these benefits come at a price. First, I'm extremely tired. Next, my libido is gone. Also, my memory is awful. I constantly forget simple conversations or tasks. Similarly, I now struggle to articulate my thoughts. I often stumble over words and lose my train of thought mid-conversation. Lastly, at times, I feel like an emotionless zombie. For these reasons, I plan to taper off of the medication. I instead hope to learn new coping techniques.

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 9, 2013 8:15 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: I started this about a week ago and a few days afterwards I slightly felt like a new person. I could enjoy the weekend with my friends without worrying constantly about school or them judging me. Just yesterday the side effects began to kick in and now I feel back to my old self. I'm even moodier and depressed. I don't stress as much though. I fall asleep very early at night (8-9 compared to never being able to sleep) but now I have been waking up around 4 or 5 and not being able to sleep. I have very vivid dreams. I also have been extremely thirsty. My doctor said the side effects will even out. I'm excited for them to just so that I can start living normally again. (female)

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 4, 2013 4:41 PM

Review by nmay77 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety and Stress: Made me suicidal and depressed.

November 22, 2013 8:54 PM

Review by brix (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I have absolutely no complaints about Celexa. I've been on 20mg for about a month and a half now, and I feel like a huge weight has just been lifted off of me. I spend so much less of my day thinking about things that upset me, and I'm much more capable of just letting negative thoughts go and not letting them affect me. As a college student, I've dealt been dealing with a tremendous amount of social and academic stress. I was very weary about getting on an antidepressant out of fear of being "judged", but in retrospect getting on Celexa may be the best decision I've ever made. I couldn't help but to post on here and share my experience. It certainly took a little while to kick in, but be patient. I am feeling happy like I haven't in years!

127 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 20, 2013 8:42 PM

Review by Itiswhatitis:

For Anxiety and Stress: I began Celexa after having a bad experience on Prozac. I did not see immediate results but I did see some improvement. The side effects were terrible! I had extremely vivid dreams that caused me to be very tired and hard to wake. I had decreased sex drive and lots of problems with memory loss.

November 13, 2013 12:33 AM

Review by blonddraider (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: sI began having severe panic and anxiety about 6 weeks after being on HRT and I.might add for the past 7 years. I was a wreck crying all the time I mean yes I miss my mom but she has been gone since 1999 an literally cry on a dime all day. I keep having weird mind spells that would b triggered by a familiar smell or sound an though they felt de sha vie ish they weren't just weird an scary thought I was going craZY. Finally went to doctors they did a bunch of test and he told me exactly why my panic disorder and anxieties were getting so bad, I have zero % of estrogen in body. The doct said hrt and hbp meds not primarily used to treat the panic and anxiety they do help control. Put me on 10 celexa and 0.25 x 2 xanax. I feel like a million!!!

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 10, 2013 3:36 PM

Review by Rosy 2013 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Depression: When i first started citalpram i felt pretty bad for about a week. My moods and sleep were greatly distupted. However a couple weeks into the treatment everything was greatly improved. I felt so much happier and able to handle life's challenges. Even my family and friends commented that i didnt seem as moody and irritable! Unfortunately i have had to switch to a new drug because after taking celexa for about a year i began having major memory problems. Hopefully this would not happen to everyone taking this because the benefits were amazing!!! By the way i was at max dose 40 mg when the memory problems started.

November 9, 2013 10:53 PM