User Reviews for Celexa

7.6
Summary of Celexa reviews 362 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Celexa

Review by BetterNFL (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: I've suffered from a level of anxiety for most of my life, but last year my husband lost his job. And, while that was a bad turn for us, my reaction to it was quite out of proportion. I was a crying, anxiety-ridden mess - just struggled to make it through my workday and felt completely unglued and out of control. It was the final straw and my doctor prepared Celexa. I was nauseated the first 2 weeks and then suddenly one day I wasn't and it's been smooth sailing from there on out. I do have less interest in sex - a down side and I am sleepy more than I'd like. But, it is overall worth it - plus. God bless whoever made this medicine. It has been a life-saver for me.

July 26, 2012 3:41 PM
Review by cured88 (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: Took this for social anxiety. After about a month on the pill my anxiety was gone. However, there were some side effects that I didn't like. My sexual functions (male) were completely gone which scared me. But after a couple months on the pill I could get by...but it's never as good on the pill as it is off the pill. Also I ground my teeth at night a LOT. I gained weight too...but that could be because I ate terribly, so we'll call that my fault. After a year on this pill, I stopped taking it. Having my social anxiety gone while on the pill built up my confidence a lot, and now I do fine in social situations with no pill needed. I recommend this pill for social anxiety.

July 22, 2012 4:41 PM
Review by JLV: User Rating:

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: Celexa was working for me the first month or 2. Now I am back crying and hating myself again everyday. I'm currently on 40 mg which is no longer working for me. I guess I need something better and stronger.

July 22, 2012 8:14 AM
Review by The Dragon (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: I was feeling very moody, having rapid Highs and Lows. My boyfriend called this "The Dragon" . I reviewed this website and read the reviews to which best medication would be right before I spoke with a doctor. I was prescribed Celexa by my doctor and have now been on the medication for about 4 weeks now. I have noticed that my exaggerated mood swings are not as extreme. I can let more things just roll off my back rather than dwelling on the negative perspective. This medicine has been very helpful to me. Not many side effects, just nausea and sex drive suppressed. All together losing a little weight is worth the steadiness of my moods.

July 19, 2012 11:49 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: In 2003 I started on (brand name) Celexa 5 mg a day for anxiety and depression. Within a week I started to feel almost a magical feeling of well being and a nice calmness within myself. The world looking brighter and so much better. For once in my life I felt that the hole in my soul was healing. No more anxiousness and crying most of the time and no more waves of horrible emotional pain. I gradually worked up to 10 mgs a day and now I am on 20 mgs a day. I did have a headache, nausea and loss of appetite. They went away. I gained weight but was feeling so much better. I tried generic Celexa for almost 1 month and I felt irritable-like a dark cloud descended upon me. It is not the same as the Brand.

July 18, 2012 6:51 AM
Review by BunnyRun (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: I suffered from post traumatic stress disorder since I was very young. When I first received therapy at 28 I tried several anti-depression medicines with little success. I also went on and off meds, which I learned much later wasn't the correct thing to do. At 46 I found a Psychiatrist who helped me understanding my condition and prescribed Celexa. I've been on Celexa 10mg since 2007 and know I must stay on depression medication for life. My moods are bright, I don't get "stuck" for long periods, no suicide thoughts, and haven't had any big panic attacks for years. I'm very sensitive to many medicines and Celexa has been very good in treating my depression with anxiety, with little to no side effects. A little dry mouth and tiredness on occasion is all.

July 15, 2012 9:36 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: Good stuff, the committee in my head has gone on vacation.

150 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 12, 2012 1:17 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: I have tried Celexa for about 9 days now. As a medical professional, I was not sure about starting a new medicine that could potentially interfere with my memory or sleeping habits, however after realizing that was living everyday as if something bad would happen, worrying about the minimal thing and almost having a panic attack, I just sought medical help. The most annoying part was a nervous tic that now I realize I had for years but exacerbated significantly for the last month, specially when I was stressed out. The medicine is started to act now, I feel more relaxed and do not worry about everything. I do feel sleepy in the afternoon but can function normally. My doctor said he will adjust the dose. The best thing: the tic is going away!

July 9, 2012 9:54 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: I was on Celexa and Xanax for 8 months and thankfully didn’t experience any crazy side effects; was just a little more tired than usual but not to the extent that it was affecting my work or social life. I thought I was fine and no longer needed to take medication so I weaned myself off in early February however within 2 months I started feeling the way I had been feeling prior to starting treatment. For months I tried making myself believe that I was just feeling stress and anxiety because of work, but after battling mood swings, distancing myself from my friends and family, drinking and smoking excessively, and being in a seemingly perpetual funk I realized it really wasn’t fine and it was time to get my life back. Last week I started yoga, took a break from alcohol, and went to see a doctor. He put me back on Celexa and switched me from Xanax to Klonopin. Today is my first day back on the medication and although I am not thrilled to be back on this type of treatment, I am very much looking forward to feeling “normal” again.

July 8, 2012 8:55 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: Does not seem to help me and just makes me tired.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 8, 2012 2:30 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: Works wonders. I have my life back. The first two weeks were rough because of nausea and increased anxiety. It kicked in after three weeks or so and now six months later I'm doing great.

July 5, 2012 10:39 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: It works well for me. I noticed a change very quickly.

June 15, 2012 9:58 PM
Review by alexahavok337 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: I'm 19 years old and had been struggling with depression since I was a kid. I was against antidepressants all my life until I went off on my freshman year of college out of state and found it impossible to control my emotions. I became suicidal, and was thinking about trying illegal drugs. Finally I told the school counselor that I needed help. She diagnosed me with mild depression and prescribed 20mg every day. I've been on it for a bit over a month and my life has changed. My emotions are reasonable and under control, I'm much more agreeable, energetic and optimistic. Side effects from the first two weeks were: dry mouth, excessive yawning, insomnia, and a bit of anxiety/hyperactivity. Still have decreased sex drive though.

June 12, 2012 4:10 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: I started taking Celexa to help with anxiety and panic attacks. It helped with the panic attacks and made me feel numb as far as emotions. I had to change because I would have to take a nap everyday that sometimes would last 2-3 hours. I also began sleeping very late in the day which is unusual for me. The pill would cause me to have annoying headaches. Also, the first few weeks on it my appetite was suppressed.

June 9, 2012 1:06 AM

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: This is my 2nd day taking 10mg and I feel dreadful. Hungover, almost. I took Zoloft years ago and can't remember if this fog lifts or not. I just feel sad and miserable, more so than before.

June 2, 2012 7:11 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: I have been on this almost a month. It doesn't seem to work everyday. And the side effects are not so good either. I get headaches, yawning, can't sleep, and if I forget to take it that day my belly hurts really bad and I feel like throwing up. But I am giving it a little more time to get my body used to it. I hope I can find a better medicine or something.

May 31, 2012 11:54 AM
Review by stephanieadamsx0 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: I am completely satisfied with this medication. Celexa has improved my life drastically. Not only did it help with my depression, it also helped with my anxiety and facial flushing which led me to live a normal life again. If you suffer from depression or anxiety, go to the doctor ASAP! You will not regret getting the help you need.

May 31, 2012 12:17 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: I started on Celexa in May 2011 after already trying Zoloft, Lexapro, Prozac and Xanax. It worked great for the panic attacks and anxiety but I gained 40 lbs in less than a year. I never craved sweets before I started Celexa. Now I can't get enough and I am always hungry. I struggled with staying on it because it worked so well or continuing gaining weight. I finally decided to try something else. My Dr. suggested Buspar since it is not known to cause weight gain. I just started Buspar today. Hope it helps. I had bad side effects from Zoloft and Prozac, but Lexapro and Celexa were great. Its different for everyone so don't get freaked out by other peoples comments.

May 21, 2012 3:10 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: I suffered with terrible, suicidal depression and post traumatic stress disorder. I cannot believe how much better I feel on this medicine.

May 21, 2012 2:43 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: I've had panic attacks since 8th grade. I'm 28 now and notice my anxiety about having a panic attack was getting overwhelming. I started to notice I was avoiding situations. I'm a full time student and work part time. I need to do many speeches and I would worry about speeches from the time they were assigned. I've been on citalopram 20mg for 2.5 weeks. I have no panic attacks and I have done two speeches with no issues! Side effects of nausea with yawning and sleepiness but those go away (1.5 weeks)then I noticed the change! Wish I started sooner.

May 17, 2012 12:09 PM
Review by MSMae (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: After years of being anxious and depressed I finally went to the doctor to get some answers. I was having nose bleeds, chest pains, and extreme withdrawal from any social situations. When he suggested an anti-anxiety/depression medicine I was very hesitant. He put me on 10mg a day. The beginning side effects were awful. My mouth and eyes were so dry I was using eye drops and nose spray daily. I was also experiencing very bad vaginal dryness which leads to extreme discomfort and bleeding. After about 2 weeks these side effects have to stop by about 65%. I feel like I have my life back. I haven't been so relaxed or motivated in YEARS. I am even thinking of asking my doctor to up my dosage to 20mg. I absolutely LOVE this medication!

May 15, 2012 1:18 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: I have had depression since I was little. After a traumatic event happened to me I became a competely different person. I became even more depressed, did not want to live and became very isolated person. I had a number of different doctors: one said I was BiPolar the other said something else. THEN FINALLY after many years being nervous all the time: my mother found a Good doctor that actually listened to me and did not rush to give me medicines. She said I suffer from social anxiety and started me at 10mg, and then went up to 20mg. And I have been on this for over a year now and it saved my life. I am able to go out again and I have a boyfriend, which I could not do before. This saved my life and I am much happier. Really.

April 30, 2012 10:41 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: I've been on Celexa now for about 2 months for anxiety. It really helps for the anxiety but I have trouble falling asleep. When I do fall asleep I have long vivid dreams all night. Very weird dreams.

April 23, 2012 12:58 AM
Review by 28/ female: User Rating:

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: I suffered from anxiety since the passing of my parents. I couldn't be the passenger in a vehicle, go in an elevator or revolving doors. I found it difficult to be around a lot of people, I also began to not feel happy anymore. My husband finally acknowledged the change and I did something about it. I am on Celexa 10 mg and it has made me so much more calm and relaxed. Only side effect, I yawn a lot and makes me tired.

April 22, 2012 1:22 PM
Review by Justbe78: User Rating:

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: I am a 33 yr old female. I've been on Celexa 10mg for 2 weeks now. I am so glad I my doctor offered me this; it is amazing in so many ways. I needed something for my bad mood swings, and I was depressed also. Celexa has made me not worry about all the things that don't matter, its giving me more energy, and I feel so much more free in a way, I feel happier. My fiance has noticed a big change in me. The only thing I noticed was I'm more thirsty and I wake up a little earlier, but other then that everything is great! I really recommend this to anyone who needs something for your mood, depression, or even worrying too much and I was always against medicine like this. I never wanted it, now I wish I would have asked for it sooner.

April 20, 2012 8:54 AM