User Reviews for Celexa

Depression 229 reviews 75 medications

7.6
Summary of Celexa reviews 447 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Celexa

For Anxiety and Stress "I have been taking Celexa for 5 years and it is the best thing ever. I lost my business and marriage to anxiety and anger issues. For 2 years after I blamed everyone but myself, then started Celexa and have been a much better and much more successful person. I have noticed two side effects my appetite changes causing my weight to vary in the 5 to 10 pound range and sex has never been better. I do not crave it as much but when I do it much better. It lasts longer and has a bigger effect."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 4, 2013

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "Celexa is very effective in my opinion. I have tried Lexapro and Paxil which made me horribly sick. I have had a few side effects since I am just starting it, but they are not that bad. I can tell they are there but I'm not stopped by them. The only effect I don't like is the sexual problems. They aren't kidding about it. Started affecting me on day 1. Getting better is worth it though. Please give it a try, even if you're nervous!"

jussynicole (taken for less than 1 month) September 23, 2013

99 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "My doctor put me on this medicine for depression. I have known for quite a while I was depressed but I never told anyone. I feel better already. Took my first dose today. It works quickly. I am not crying all day, not worrying all day and I feel better TODAY. This is not in my mind. It really does work. I imagine within a week I will notice a really big difference. Depression had caused me not to want to do anything at all. Going to work was even almost impossible. Now I found some help."

Susieqsdogs September 18, 2013

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "Been on this tablet about a month now. Even though my doctor said it won't take effect till about 6 weeks, it practically worked for me after a day because my nervous system would be very sensitive to any tablets. I'm on this tablet about a month now and to be honest it has taken away the majority of my anxiety, and panic attacks which I used to get severely. I still get flutters in my heart and rapid heart beat sometimes but nothing I can't handle. My dreams are really weird sometimes like really strange but that's to be expected I suppose. Took 20mg forgetting was supposed to take 10mg, was way too strong for me so on 10mg now, can function with that. "

Sharon Lawton from Ireland (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 17, 2013

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I have been taking this medication for years. At first it was great it helped me a lot with my temper and sad feelings. I have had some ups and downs with it. At one time I was taking 2.5 pills and was having trouble remembering things, and extreme trouble driving due to drowsiness. I cut back to one and tried to go off them but my moods started to swing out of control. Now I am on one and half tabs, and am feeling depressed again. My eyes are watery and I feel like crying a lot but that may be due to the fall coming on."

birdy487 September 5, 2013

For Depression "I am 14 years old and I started taking Celexa a few weeks ago for depression and I took it a couple years back for anxiety. It has worked good I have been feeling depressed since the third grade and have been having uncontrolled regretful thoughts for a while. This works and I am feeling better. It gave me such a weird feeling which I think is happiness but anyway it's new thanks to this medication. "

746b ( no one calls me that) August 30, 2013

For Depression "The depression, feelings of worthlessness, suicidal thoughts and chronic anger have all eased somewhat since I started taking Celexa (10mg). I've been on it for about two months and have noticed a marked difference. Sleeping okay after insomnia at first. No decrease in sex drive (male), but definite decrease in ability. Hoping that doesn't last. Although some days I feel like my old self, mostly I feel better. Life has become more clear to me, my relationship with my wife appears to be improving, and this has allowed me to begin forgiving myself. Long road ahead. I wish you all the best."

Feeling a little better (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 23, 2013

124 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "Little groggy when I take it at night, but that's all I noticed."

wil.yumm August 13, 2013

For Depression "Had severe postpartum depression after my oldest was born. I thought that my experience was "normal" and due to the daily fatigue that new parents experience. Halfway through my second pregnancy I spoke with my OB about the crying/anxiety and sadness I experienced after her birth and she decided to put me on 10 mg Celexa; what a God send! With my husband deployed and a scary pregnancy this was exactly what I needed to cope and prepare with the new changes. I didn't feel so hopeless after he was born and the overwhelming feeling that had plagued me before was gone. I now take 20 mg to deal with my SADD and hectic job working in a Level 1 Trauma ER and it does the trick. I love Celexa and owe my positive parenting and job to the company. Thank you."

MollyCey August 1, 2013

For Anxiety and Stress "Severe panic attacks, couldn't drive much, never on freeways, bridges, etc. I can do it now after so many years of being unable to and even housebound for a while."

SDS#2 July 29, 2013

188 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I feel better. But I feel that I can't focus. As well my left side of my face is tingling. I going to stop and call my doctor. This is not the first I taking this medication and never had this side effect."

Jose d (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2013

For Depression "I would say I have seen a complete turn around in my depression. I use 40mg of Celexa and Xanax proscribed three times a day if needed. I usually take two Xanax before bed to fall asleep. I've been on it a year and can say its been a a blessing. Didn't start that way! I chose to stick through some of the side effects and gradually increased my dosage. From 10, 20, 30 now 40 mg which I take every morning. Now I feel the balance. When in need, I spoke with my Doctor to increase if I was not feeling to my full potential of the medicines. Still working on my anxiety around people! Doing better from where I started. GOOD LUCK ALL!"

Happy:) (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 27, 2013

For Anxiety and Stress "I was suffering from extreme panic disorder, could barely leave the house, didn't think I would ever feel like myself again. I was put on Celexa and within a few weeks I started doing things that I thought I would never do again. I didn't think I would be able to go to college but with the help of Celexa I went off to college and felt like myself again after a few months. It was still a struggle at first, don't get me wrong, it is not magic, but it makes the panic manageable. I would definitely recommend the combination of this and CBT."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 25, 2013

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I have found my stress tolerance threshold has dramatically increased since starting Celexa. Anxiety is better but not much."

braziej (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 25, 2013

For Depression "Positive mood changes after using for several weeks. However, on this medication sex drive is practically non-existent for me (Male)."

celexa (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 24, 2013

For Depression "25yr. Female. I started taking 10mg of Celexa after experiencing severe depression. I was having harmful thoughts, insomnia and anxiety in all aspects of life. I finally succumbed to the fact, I needed to take medication because therapy, exercise, positive thoughts and other outlets were not working. The first few weeks sucked. I had severe insomnia, couldn't eat and felt ramped up and clenched my teeth when I did sleep. I never had the zombie experience though. But a few weeks later, the world seemed more clear & happy. Celexa did nothing for my anxiety, I had to add Klonopin, but it worked for my mood swings and depression. I would go on it again if I had to. Just remember everyone has different brain chemistry."

ldd513 July 15, 2013

For Depression "I had terrible side effects from taking Tamoxifen. I was diagnosed with irritable bowel syndrome, acid reflux, could not sleep due to hot flashes, cried all the time, often just felt like I had the flu. My oncologist suggested I try citalopram. My world is wonderful! I feel better than I ever have. Not only did it help tremendously with the side effects of Tamoxifen, but it has also taken care of anxiety and depression that I had been living with, but never did anything about it. I have no side effects from the citalopram, except weight gain. I am working on that, though. All my family and friends are amazed at the difference in me. I have been taking 20mg for over a year."

sec1 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 9, 2013

For Anxiety and Stress "Just started Celexa, and already I noticed the more feeling of calm, and calm is not something I think I've ever been, I get angered easy, upset, cry, feel overwhelmed, hopeless, feel better off dead, mood always up and down because of how many losses I have had in my life, feeling like a failure, you name it, I really hope this helps me long term. I've noticed a difference already and am optimistic."

Julz82 July 4, 2013

219 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I started having anxiety and the fear from that (worrying if I was having a heart attack) lead to straight up panic attacks. My DR. gave me to Celexa (20 mg) and after a few days I felt so much better, I didn't have to take my Xanax anymore, maybe 1 a week. It was great and after 2 months I came off. But about 7 months later my anxiety came back. So I gave Celexa another try, and at (20 mg) for 11 days, I felt in a fog, really tired and still had the anxiety. So after reading tons of posts, I lowered to 10 mg and I felt great!"

frogger8 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 3, 2013

119 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "My depression began at 14, with low self esteem & deep insecurities, but I was very friendly & popular. At 25, I took Prozac for 1 year (didn't like), then diagnosed with major ADD at 28. Adderall was a lifesaver, but after 15 years, still dealing with depression - especially seasonal. I was prescribed Celexa 2 yrs ago and it has worked wonders - keeps me feeling normal, happy and steady. BUT it makes me break out in sweat episodes 1-2 x a day. Uncomfortable. I thought it was pre-menopausal or hormone related (friends & OBGYN thought so too). Finally figured out it is more likely a side-effect of Celexa. (Could be dosage amount, 50mg?) I am just now switching to Wellbutrin & hope it's better. "

Lynn L June 25, 2013

For Depression "I suffer from Severe depression/anxiety. Celexa for me is a miracle. Got my life back/sex drive through the roof! Little to no anxiety..no side effects other than some yawning/tired."

Bones74 June 24, 2013

For Anxiety and Stress "I had uncontollable moods of anger sadness and happiness. I looked for ways to fixing it with drinking heavily and sleeping all day. Celexa cured my moods of feeling the need to drink and calmed my worries about life. Without Celexa my life was uncontrollable eating and sleeping and worried all the time. With this I was able to wake up early, get into a workout routine, eat healthily and go back to school without feeling overwhelmed. My friends and family see this positive change in my life. I noticed after 3 months I had to up my dosage from 10mg to 20 mg. I wish the low dosage would last longer but as for that Celexa has helped me in every part of my life!"

Tden (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2013

172 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I have been on this for a while now. I ran out, had to refill my script. I started taking it again, tonight. Within an hour, my thoughts were not heavy, the racing anger was lessened. I feel like a New Person. Thank whoever thought of this medicine. I'm like most though, the side effects, could be a lot easier on the body. Good luck out there."

deardree (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 22, 2013

100 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "First 2 days were euphoric and nothing could upset me. Then got more irritable and anxious. Stomach in knots. Then came depression & thoughts of suicide along with anxiety. Yawning all the time. This is day 7 and I left a message with my doctor this morning letting her know I couldn't feel like this for another week in hopes that it would possibly even out."

mondaynightrain (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2013

For Depression "Celexa really helped me get through my daughters death. I thought I could get through this on my own. I could not. My Dr. started me on 20mg. after 2 months I went to 40mg. and what a difference in my life. It will not take care of everything but it helps me with the depression. I feel so much better and can face the days ahead with a better outlook."

Griptilian June 13, 2013

102 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...Next