User Reviews for Celexa

7.5
Summary of Celexa reviews 385 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Celexa

Review by Icouldeatthemoon (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Anxiety and Stress: Celexa has been a life-saver for me. Ever since I was a child, I've had bad anxiety and depression, and I would have attacks where I would completely break down emotionally over something so silly, like a lost T.V remote. I would talk to my mother about my anxiety, and she said it was something I just needed to get over. Finally at age 23, I've confronted this problem medically, and Celexa has changed my life entirely. I don't experience the depression I used to, my anxiety has decreased incredibly, and my attacks have almost disappeared. I don't feel a hovering weight on my shoulders anymore like I'm constantly letting people down, I'm just living my life like I'm supposed to.

241 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 23, 2013 10:52 AM

Review by Elvidge:

For Anxiety and Stress: I have had anxiety forever and fell into a dark depression. I almost lost my marriage due to my state of mind. My doctor prescribed Celexa and it saved my life. I also was sleeping two hours a night during this horrible time and Celexa helps me get a greats night sleep now. I have gained 10 pounds but its worth peace of mind.

105 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 22, 2013 9:19 PM

Review by KatieLea:

For Anxiety and Stress: I didn't realize how bad my anxiety was until I started taking citalopram (and found relief). I had never taken any antidepressant and I started off with a TINY amount..5 mg in the morning for the first three days. I got a bad headache, which went away after a couple of days. I then increased to 10mg... then 20. I ended up at 40mg daily and have been on that for a little over a year. I am currently in the process of decreasing my dose. I dropped down to 30 mg for two weeks and I am noticing my irritation and anxiety increasing. My goal had been to get to 20mg but I am not sure I'll be able to do that, due to the increased feelings of anxiety. All in all I have found this medicine to be a HUGE help with very few side effects.

132 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 21, 2013 6:29 AM

Review by Lisa2014 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: Taking Celexa has helped me tremendously. Since being on it I no longer have constant thoughts of suicide. I've been on it for 4 months but started to feel relief in just 2 weeks. I had very mild side effects in the beginning like dry mouth but they only lasted for the 1st month.

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 21, 2013 12:34 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Anxiety and Stress: I can be in public places comfortably

124 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 13, 2013 11:05 PM

Review by branwine (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Anxiety and Stress: I've been on Celexa for about 1 1/2 years an I love it. I have a real big history of panic attacks the ones that make you feel like your dying well they have decreased alot I still have them once in a while but they have gotten way better. This medication has really made a difference for me I recommend it to everyone with panic an anxiety disorder it works.

133 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 7, 2013 10:34 PM

Review by Nick bol:

For Depression: I'm 23, male. I take 20 mg Celexa. I really see improvement with my everyday life. I'm less likely to snap out. Keeps me on edge but was thinking of raising the dose. I'm also taking ibuprofen.

March 4, 2013 5:06 AM

Review by Clint12223:

For Anxiety and Stress: It first gives me the giggles. It can put me in a good mood. It however does completely kill my sex drive. I have no interest whatsoever in my partner when on this medicine.

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 24, 2013 11:23 PM

Review by Blondsungoddess:

For Anxiety and Stress: I am just starting my 3rd week on Celexa. I was more upset when I found out this was for "depression and anxiety" as I am NOT depressed. I am a very outgoing person that loves to be around people but I do have anxiety, panic attacks and anger issues, so I thought it would be worth trying. I find myself more "Calm" in general since taking this. I am not obsessing about phobia's I have, and I am back to being 90% happy because I am dealing with stress better. I have been incredibly nauseous though this past week in the early morning to about lunch time. By mid afternoon to evening that goes away, but I do not like that feeling. No interruption in sleep. I do feel "forgetful" more than normal. Overall doing well.

142 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 15, 2013 2:42 PM

Review by Artscape (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Anxiety and Stress: I started taking Celexa about a year ago. I had severe depression and anxiety due to multiple losses.. job, house, bankruptcy, the loss of my brother to cancer, divorce... you name it. The anxiety I was experiencing was affecting my family relationships, work relationships, and general well being. I had been on Wellbutrin which I am still on, but my doc prescribed Celexa. It has made a world of difference. I am happy, relaxed, able to concentrate, and feel a sense of hope for the future. Recently I ran out of the med, and within a day or two I was again feeling anxious, overly emotional and sad, and just not right. I got the medication again, and I am back to normal. It saved my life as well. Thank you Celexa.

153 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 7, 2013 3:06 AM

Review by Haydiee (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Anxiety and Stress: I was diagnosed with generalized anxiety at a very young age, I believe I wasn't at the age of 10 yet. Anyways I started taking a medicine for about 6 years and it stopped working so we switched to Celexa. I now have night sweats, a dry mouth, bad drainage, and a swollen uvula. These symptoms haven't stopped and it's been several months, we think I have a virus but I believe it might be the Celexa. I'm 13 years old and I'm taking 20mg because they keep increasing my dose. But overall I haven't noticed any changes from any of the other medications I've taken.

February 4, 2013 4:39 AM

Review by KEKA:

For Anxiety and Stress: I have always struggled with anxiety about little things....Thinking I'm dying over something, or wake up worried if I was going to be worried today (i know, not normal). I would get obsessed with something happening to me. I would be worried someone might break in the house and kept the kitchen light on all night. My brain just couldn't shake things and it would consume me that I felt like I was going crazy. My poor family! I finally agreed to starting meds and my doc started me on celexa. The first few weeks I had anxiety about if the pill was going to work or if I needed to go to a "better" brand but after about 2 months I started feeling like a whole new person, its been 5 months now and I don't ever want to get off them.

163 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 3, 2013 11:40 PM

Review by Crissy G (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety and Stress: I began taking Celexa during detox for addiction to prescription medication. I honestly thought I would never smile or laugh again - but after about 4 weeks, the fog I was living in lifted and I felt better than ever! This was the second time went through detox and after the first time, I used Celexa - and once I began feeling good. Unfortunately I stopped and relapsed. Stopping Celexa without tapering was the equivalent to hitting a wall of great sadness. I have been clean and sober for over 90 days and I believe Celexa plays a huge role in my decision making process.

117 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 2, 2013 12:27 PM

Does not control or reduce outbursts of anger. Original dose 20mg, eventually doubled. Doubling had temporary short term benefit. However, there are no noticeable side effects.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 24, 2013 2:15 PM

Review by Stressed wife and mother (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety and Stress: I started taking Celexa about 2 months ago. I told the doctor that I was always overwhelmed and having anxiety attacks while driving and waking up in the middle of the night sweating. I immediately felt the effects within the first few days, but the dry mouth and yawning was unbearable. I switched to taking it before bedtime since it knocks me out anyway. About 2 weeks in I noticed myself acting a little goofy and happy again. I've noticed a dramatic difference in myself since I had my second child and my husband was working 60-70 hours a week, but now with the Celexa I feel much more normal like when I was younger. My doctor told me it would take about 3 months to fully kick in, but so far so good.

January 22, 2013 10:33 PM

Review by luvurself:

For Depression: I have been on Celexa for nearly two weeks and it has been a huge help. I can finally get up, bathe, get dressed, and go out. I am able to take my children to school and actually function. This is my first time taking meds but I am open to them since I have educational background in mental health. I am a grad school student and was first put on Prozac but after nearly two weeks I went from severe anxiety to falling into a deep, terrible depression that left me unable to function. My Dr. immediately switched me to Zoloft but after only 4 days I became severely nauseated, so once again I was switched to Celexa, and finally I can say that now I have gotten some serious relief. Only side effects are itching and dizziness. Good luck to you.

104 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 21, 2013 11:10 AM

Review by loosley:

For Anxiety and Stress: Help with in two days- still helping after 4 years. Some side effects.

January 20, 2013 12:26 AM

Review by Day 1 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: On Day 1. Felt a little out of it but some how relaxed. I've yawned most of the day and woke up promptly after 8 hours of sleep. Glad I will be able to make it to work on time. A little ringing in the ears. Otherwise so far so good. I've been afraid of SSRIs for sometime now. Had a manic spell with Effexor (SNRI) a few years back. Doc ramped me up on Lamictal first just in case. Doxepin to sleep as needed.

January 6, 2013 10:36 PM

Review by amgnzls (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Depression: I have suffered from anxiety/depression since I was a teenager. I have tried various medications, but I have never stayed on anything too long because they always made me feel like a zombie or the side effects were worse than the symptoms. Celexa really gave me my life back. My racing thoughts and manic mood swings are long forgotten. I have never had any side effects while taking Celexa, but when I stop taking it (i.e. waiting for refill prescription), I crash pretty hard. I can't sleep, have HORRIBLE restless leg syndrome (which I use to swear was made up), and anxiety 10 fold. Other than that, its amazing, and it completely gives me back my normal self.

99 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 2, 2013 1:06 AM

Review by Chris1122 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I am a 32 year old man, and for more than 17 years I have battled depression. Had been living with depression so long that I could recognize the beginning symptom and would try to mentally prepare myself for the storm that was sure to follow. After being hospitalized, I eventually found myself before a Psych. Doctor. I was afraid and kind of ashamed. Depression set in again. TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT: I have been taking Celexa for 4 days now, and I'm all smiles. I still experience all my emotions, but life finally feels bearable and not as heavy. Thank you Celexa!

111 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 26, 2012 10:49 PM

Review by amee11 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: I started taking Celexa a week ago for social anxiety disorder, and I already feel major relief. For the first time, I was social at work and made new friends. I feel happier and can focus on caring about other things and people rather than just myself. I had social anxiety, but I can honestly say that this medicine has worked miracles on me so far, and I'm only on 10mg. This medicine has quite literally saved my life. If you are experiencing depression or anxiety, in my opinion, it's not worth it to keep fighting it without medication. I suffered from social anxiety disorder for 2 years before finally deciding to take it. Now, I wish I had taken it much sooner!

131 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 22, 2012 10:31 AM

Review by cezen (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: I was having some marital problems, and was unable to eat, sleep or function. I went to the doctor after a few days and she prescribed Celexa. I've been taking it for 23 days. I suffered from debilitating fatigue and sweats on days 3,4 and 5. On day six I was able to get up on time and be functional. I had a headache for the first 10 days, but now it is not noticeable. I am able to drink coffee and not feel jittery. I still have a low appetite and am losing weight, and my feelings of sexual arousal are numbed. I feel that the edge has been taken off and that I am very level. I feel more patient and objective. I have terrible premenstrual Dysphoria and this past cycle, all my worst symptoms did not appear.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 20, 2012 7:34 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety and Stress: I took this medication for anxiety and stress for only 2 months. I really did not see any improvement and the side effects were pretty bad. Insomnia, nausea, headaches, felt like my nerve endings had little electrical surges, lethargic, night sweats and zero sex drive.

December 17, 2012 7:55 AM

Review by HappyNFlorida:

For Anxiety and Stress: My boyfriend has severe social anxiety and depression, which usually left him isolating for an entire week in a dark depressed mood which happened every 10-12 days or so. He started taking Celexa about a week ago and has been feeling wonderful! He is smiling again and is able to go out and have a great time! And as far as sex goes, he is BETTER than before. So no complaints here. Of course I was concerned with side effects in the first week: nausea, diarrhea, headaches and hallucinations, but that all disappeared after the first week. Now its smooth sailing. Thank God for Celexa.

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 9, 2012 2:23 PM

Review by 100% improvement (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety and Stress: I was having quite a bit of stress that was job related. I was put on 10mg a day and this dose works great for me. I experienced yawning, more frequent urination and dry mouth in the beginning. I cannot say enough about this medicine. It has helped me immensely with very few side effects. I have had some difficulty reaching orgasm but do not have any issues with libido. I feel anyone dealing with depression/anxiety should give this medicine a shot. I myself read the reviews and was so optimistic that it would do wonders for me like it did for many others after I had done my homework. I consider this to be a miracle.

December 8, 2012 11:58 PM