User Reviews for Celexa

7.6
Summary of Celexa reviews 409 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Celexa

Review by braziej (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Anxiety and Stress: I have found my stress tolerance threshold has dramatically increased since starting Celexa. Anxiety is better but not much.

July 25, 2013 2:05 PM

Review by celexa (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: Positive mood changes after using for several weeks. However, on this medication sex drive is practically non-existent for me (Male).

July 24, 2013 5:39 PM

Review by ldd513:

For Depression: 25yr. Female. I started taking 10mg of Celexa after experiencing severe depression. I was having harmful thoughts, insomnia and anxiety in all aspects of life. I finally succumbed to the fact, I needed to take medication because therapy, exercise, positive thoughts and other outlets were not working. The first few weeks sucked. I had severe insomnia, couldn't eat and felt ramped up and clenched my teeth when I did sleep. I never had the zombie experience though. But a few weeks later, the world seemed more clear & happy. Celexa did nothing for my anxiety, I had to add Klonopin, but it worked for my mood swings and depression. I would go on it again if I had to. Just remember everyone has different brain chemistry.

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 15, 2013 6:39 PM

Review by sec1 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Depression: I had terrible side effects from taking Tamoxifen. I was diagnosed with irritable bowel syndrome, acid reflux, could not sleep due to hot flashes, cried all the time, often just felt like I had the flu. My oncologist suggested I try citalopram. My world is wonderful! I feel better than I ever have. Not only did it help tremendously with the side effects of Tamoxifen, but it has also taken care of anxiety and depression that I had been living with, but never did anything about it. I have no side effects from the citalopram, except weight gain. I am working on that, though. All my family and friends are amazed at the difference in me. I have been taking 20mg for over a year.

July 9, 2013 7:23 AM

Review by Julz82:

For Anxiety and Stress: Just started Celexa, and already I noticed the more feeling of calm, and calm is not something I think I've ever been, I get angered easy, upset, cry, feel overwhelmed, hopeless, feel better off dead, mood always up and down because of how many losses I have had in my life, feeling like a failure, you name it, I really hope this helps me long term. I've noticed a difference already and am optimistic.

213 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 4, 2013 12:46 PM

Review by frogger8 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety and Stress: I started having anxiety and the fear from that (worrying if I was having a heart attack) lead to straight up panic attacks. My DR. gave me to Celexa (20 mg) and after a few days I felt so much better, I didn't have to take my Xanax anymore, maybe 1 a week. It was great and after 2 months I came off. But about 7 months later my anxiety came back. So I gave Celexa another try, and at (20 mg) for 11 days, I felt in a fog, really tired and still had the anxiety. So after reading tons of posts, I lowered to 10 mg and I felt great!

114 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 3, 2013 7:56 AM

Review by Lynn L:

For Depression: My depression began at 14, with low self esteem & deep insecurities, but I was very friendly & popular. At 25, I took Prozac for 1 year (didn't like), then diagnosed with major ADD at 28. Adderall was a lifesaver, but after 15 years, still dealing with depression - especially seasonal. I was prescribed Celexa 2 yrs ago and it has worked wonders - keeps me feeling normal, happy and steady. BUT it makes me break out in sweat episodes 1-2 x a day. Uncomfortable. I thought it was pre-menopausal or hormone related (friends & OBGYN thought so too). Finally figured out it is more likely a side-effect of Celexa. (Could be dosage amount, 50mg?) I am just now switching to Wellbutrin & hope it's better.

June 25, 2013 10:35 AM

Review by Bones74:

For Depression: I suffer from Severe depression/anxiety. Celexa for me is a miracle. Got my life back/sex drive through the roof! Little to no anxiety..no side effects other than some yawning/tired.

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 24, 2013 5:09 PM

Review by Tden (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety and Stress: I had uncontollable moods of anger sadness and happiness. I looked for ways to fixing it with drinking heavily and sleeping all day. Celexa cured my moods of feeling the need to drink and calmed my worries about life. Without Celexa my life was uncontrollable eating and sleeping and worried all the time. With this I was able to wake up early, get into a workout routine, eat healthily and go back to school without feeling overwhelmed. My friends and family see this positive change in my life. I noticed after 3 months I had to up my dosage from 10mg to 20 mg. I wish the low dosage would last longer but as for that Celexa has helped me in every part of my life!

167 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 24, 2013 2:42 PM

Review by deardree (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Anxiety and Stress: I have been on this for a while now. I ran out, had to refill my script. I started taking it again, tonight. Within an hour, my thoughts were not heavy, the racing anger was lessened. I feel like a New Person. Thank whoever thought of this medicine. I'm like most though, the side effects, could be a lot easier on the body. Good luck out there.

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 22, 2013 12:21 AM

Review by mondaynightrain (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: First 2 days were euphoric and nothing could upset me. Then got more irritable and anxious. Stomach in knots. Then came depression & thoughts of suicide along with anxiety. Yawning all the time. This is day 7 and I left a message with my doctor this morning letting her know I couldn't feel like this for another week in hopes that it would possibly even out.

June 21, 2013 9:16 AM

Review by Griptilian:

For Depression: Celexa really helped me get through my daughters death. I thought I could get through this on my own. I could not. My Dr. started me on 20mg. after 2 months I went to 40mg. and what a difference in my life. It will not take care of everything but it helps me with the depression. I feel so much better and can face the days ahead with a better outlook.

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 13, 2013 5:49 PM

Review by Jean Luc Perrier (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Anxiety and Stress: It is awesome. I totally recommend Celexa. Do not be afraid of taking this: It really works: You will bathe in tranquility without feeling anything different: The best way to describe it is to be at a Spa relaxing yet fully awake and functioning normally. I am definitely converted and I am converting everyone I know. It works: I guarantee it.

267 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 31, 2013 5:59 PM

Review by Crystal9189:

For Depression: I was on Celexa for approximately 3-6 months for depression. This was my first antidepressant ever, so I didn't know what to expect. The only side effect I remember experiencing was dry mouth which was annoying, but very tolerable and temporary. Celexa very effectively eliminated my short temper/ snappiness, crying fits and it greatly enhanced my mood and outlook on life. On one occasion, while reflecting on a depressing exchange, I realized that I might be suicidal. I advised my doctor but continued to take it with no more problems but ultimately stopped because I didn't want to be dependent on medicines. The depression is back and I was switched to Viibryd.

May 31, 2013 1:07 AM

Review by russom18 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Anxiety and Stress: I have been taking Celexa for many years and somehow I stopped taking it not realizing that I had. I could not function at all without it. I'm back on it and I feel wonderful. It's not a medicine to stop suddenly.

145 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 18, 2013 6:00 PM

Review by Anon234 (taken for 10 years or more):

For Anxiety and Stress: I have been taking Celexa for 13 years for anxiety/irritability which it works great for. Sexual side effects are terribly disappointing - lack desire and difficult to climax. Anytime I try to go off, the anxiety and irritability are present within the 2nd day. Really wish I could find something that worked as good without the side effects. No other medicine has even touched anxiety/irritability the way Celexa has.

128 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 15, 2013 12:37 AM

Review by Lisa m.:

For Anxiety and Stress: I started Celexa two weeks ago, it already seems to be helping. I used to worry non stop and I felt very down. It has helped for my anxiety.

135 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 11, 2013 8:49 AM

Review by Mommy3dd (taken for less than 1 month):

For Postpartum Depression: I am not sure if I had post partum depression or not, my youngest child is 2 and it seems ever since having her I've been not the best mom out there, or wife. I was very moody all the time and just recently it has gotten worse. I felt like I was always on a rage at home, yelling at everyone, everything getting on my nerves, snapping at family members, it was terrible. Celexa saved my life! I felt improvement within days. I feel more calm and no longer have the urges to yell and get angry with anyone. Have experienced headaches and fatigue & yawning, but nothing compared to how I was feeling before so I can handle the side effects! I am on week 3 now, hoping they diminish with time.

May 9, 2013 10:37 AM

Review by John Pennsylvania (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Depression: I have been taking Celexa for 4 years. All of a sudden, it stopped working and I spent 4 days feeling like I didn't want to live any more. I had no idea that my body could build up an immunity and it simply would stop working.

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 25, 2013 7:54 PM

Review by Kelly M. (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety and Stress: Celexa has given me my life back! I suffered from severe anxiety and depression to the point where I would just lay in bed for days. I didn't want to go anywhere, and cancelled plans with friends all the time just to stay home and sleep. It took about a month to work and now I feel great! I am back to my old self - I love going out, seeing friends, exercising, reading, everything I used to do and I'm happier than ever! My only side effects were the first 2 weeks - anxiety was worse, insomnia, no appetite. That's gone now and I have no complaints. If I take it in the morning, I sleep well. If I take it at night, I can't sleep. You just have to learn what's best for you!

212 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 17, 2013 11:45 PM

Review by sfncs03 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I was put on a combination of Celexa 20mg and Xanax. I have never reacted to any medication like I reacted to these. They definitely overpowered me. Within 3 weeks I started to have suicidal thoughts and feelings. I stopped the Celexa and continued the Xanax. I quickly saw improvement. I'm sad that this didn't work for me. I was hoping to finally find a regimen.

April 8, 2013 8:32 PM

Review by beok (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I have suffered with depression and anxiety for the past five years. Gained almost 100lbs due to emotional eating and no energy to work out. I have tried Zoloft and Paxil and I stopped because I felt numb. Not depressed anymore but not happy or even content.....just numb. Just a month ago I started taking 10mg of Celexa and I finally feel like my old self. Suddenly I'm interested in things again and I'm not suffering from negative thoughts racing in my brain. I am hopeful and I have confidence that I can handle situations like I used to. I hated leaving my house, almost as much as I hated being left alone with my children. Now all is calm.

155 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 5, 2013 6:32 PM

Review by kt538 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Depression: I've been on this medication for several months. There has been a definite change in my depression and mood. I don't feel as sad and upset or anxious but I don't feel as good as before I was depressed. Still hoping for the old me! But I'm at least on my way, closer than ever before.

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 4, 2013 10:52 PM

Review by Gina456:

For Depression: I have been on this medication for 3 days and what a difference it has made. I am on 10mg and I have tried 3 other antidepressants and they made me feel like a zombie and could not function. What a great antidepressant, I have more energy, everything seems normal. I feel like my old self- 15 years ago.

110 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 24, 2013 11:10 AM

Review by Icouldeatthemoon (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Anxiety and Stress: Celexa has been a life-saver for me. Ever since I was a child, I've had bad anxiety and depression, and I would have attacks where I would completely break down emotionally over something so silly, like a lost T.V remote. I would talk to my mother about my anxiety, and she said it was something I just needed to get over. Finally at age 23, I've confronted this problem medically, and Celexa has changed my life entirely. I don't experience the depression I used to, my anxiety has decreased incredibly, and my attacks have almost disappeared. I don't feel a hovering weight on my shoulders anymore like I'm constantly letting people down, I'm just living my life like I'm supposed to.

247 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 23, 2013 10:52 AM