User Reviews for Celexa

7.5
Summary of Celexa reviews 378 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Celexa

Review by Clint12223:

For Anxiety and Stress: It first gives me the giggles. It can put me in a good mood. It however does completely kill my sex drive. I have no interest whatsoever in my partner when on this medicine.

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 24, 2013 11:23 PM

Review by Blondsungoddess:

For Anxiety and Stress: I am just starting my 3rd week on Celexa. I was more upset when I found out this was for "depression and anxiety" as I am NOT depressed. I am a very outgoing person that loves to be around people but I do have anxiety, panic attacks and anger issues, so I thought it would be worth trying. I find myself more "Calm" in general since taking this. I am not obsessing about phobia's I have, and I am back to being 90% happy because I am dealing with stress better. I have been incredibly nauseous though this past week in the early morning to about lunch time. By mid afternoon to evening that goes away, but I do not like that feeling. No interruption in sleep. I do feel "forgetful" more than normal. Overall doing well.

140 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 15, 2013 2:42 PM

Review by Artscape (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Anxiety and Stress: I started taking Celexa about a year ago. I had severe depression and anxiety due to multiple losses.. job, house, bankruptcy, the loss of my brother to cancer, divorce... you name it. The anxiety I was experiencing was affecting my family relationships, work relationships, and general well being. I had been on Wellbutrin which I am still on, but my doc prescribed Celexa. It has made a world of difference. I am happy, relaxed, able to concentrate, and feel a sense of hope for the future. Recently I ran out of the med, and within a day or two I was again feeling anxious, overly emotional and sad, and just not right. I got the medication again, and I am back to normal. It saved my life as well. Thank you Celexa.

149 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 7, 2013 3:06 AM

Review by Haydiee (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Anxiety and Stress: I was diagnosed with generalized anxiety at a very young age, I believe I wasn't at the age of 10 yet. Anyways I started taking a medicine for about 6 years and it stopped working so we switched to Celexa. I now have night sweats, a dry mouth, bad drainage, and a swollen uvula. These symptoms haven't stopped and it's been several months, we think I have a virus but I believe it might be the Celexa. I'm 13 years old and I'm taking 20mg because they keep increasing my dose. But overall I haven't noticed any changes from any of the other medications I've taken.

February 4, 2013 4:39 AM

Review by KEKA:

For Anxiety and Stress: I have always struggled with anxiety about little things....Thinking I'm dying over something, or wake up worried if I was going to be worried today (i know, not normal). I would get obsessed with something happening to me. I would be worried someone might break in the house and kept the kitchen light on all night. My brain just couldn't shake things and it would consume me that I felt like I was going crazy. My poor family! I finally agreed to starting meds and my doc started me on celexa. The first few weeks I had anxiety about if the pill was going to work or if I needed to go to a "better" brand but after about 2 months I started feeling like a whole new person, its been 5 months now and I don't ever want to get off them.

160 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 3, 2013 11:40 PM

Review by Crissy G (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety and Stress: I began taking Celexa during detox for addiction to prescription medication. I honestly thought I would never smile or laugh again - but after about 4 weeks, the fog I was living in lifted and I felt better than ever! This was the second time went through detox and after the first time, I used Celexa - and once I began feeling good. Unfortunately I stopped and relapsed. Stopping Celexa without tapering was the equivalent to hitting a wall of great sadness. I have been clean and sober for over 90 days and I believe Celexa plays a huge role in my decision making process.

116 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 2, 2013 12:27 PM

Does not control or reduce outbursts of anger. Original dose 20mg, eventually doubled. Doubling had temporary short term benefit. However, there are no noticeable side effects.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 24, 2013 2:15 PM

Review by Stressed wife and mother (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety and Stress: I started taking Celexa about 2 months ago. I told the doctor that I was always overwhelmed and having anxiety attacks while driving and waking up in the middle of the night sweating. I immediately felt the effects within the first few days, but the dry mouth and yawning was unbearable. I switched to taking it before bedtime since it knocks me out anyway. About 2 weeks in I noticed myself acting a little goofy and happy again. I've noticed a dramatic difference in myself since I had my second child and my husband was working 60-70 hours a week, but now with the Celexa I feel much more normal like when I was younger. My doctor told me it would take about 3 months to fully kick in, but so far so good.

124 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 22, 2013 10:33 PM

Review by luvurself:

For Depression: I have been on Celexa for nearly two weeks and it has been a huge help. I can finally get up, bathe, get dressed, and go out. I am able to take my children to school and actually function. This is my first time taking meds but I am open to them since I have educational background in mental health. I am a grad school student and was first put on Prozac but after nearly two weeks I went from severe anxiety to falling into a deep, terrible depression that left me unable to function. My Dr. immediately switched me to Zoloft but after only 4 days I became severely nauseated, so once again I was switched to Celexa, and finally I can say that now I have gotten some serious relief. Only side effects are itching and dizziness. Good luck to you.

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 21, 2013 11:10 AM

Review by loosley:

For Anxiety and Stress: Help with in two days- still helping after 4 years. Some side effects.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 20, 2013 12:26 AM

Review by Day 1 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: On Day 1. Felt a little out of it but some how relaxed. I've yawned most of the day and woke up promptly after 8 hours of sleep. Glad I will be able to make it to work on time. A little ringing in the ears. Otherwise so far so good. I've been afraid of SSRIs for sometime now. Had a manic spell with Effexor (SNRI) a few years back. Doc ramped me up on Lamictal first just in case. Doxepin to sleep as needed.

January 6, 2013 10:36 PM

Review by amgnzls (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Depression: I have suffered from anxiety/depression since I was a teenager. I have tried various medications, but I have never stayed on anything too long because they always made me feel like a zombie or the side effects were worse than the symptoms. Celexa really gave me my life back. My racing thoughts and manic mood swings are long forgotten. I have never had any side effects while taking Celexa, but when I stop taking it (i.e. waiting for refill prescription), I crash pretty hard. I can't sleep, have HORRIBLE restless leg syndrome (which I use to swear was made up), and anxiety 10 fold. Other than that, its amazing, and it completely gives me back my normal self.

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 2, 2013 1:06 AM

Review by Chris1122 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I am a 32 year old man, and for more than 17 years I have battled depression. Had been living with depression so long that I could recognize the beginning symptom and would try to mentally prepare myself for the storm that was sure to follow. After being hospitalized, I eventually found myself before a Psych. Doctor. I was afraid and kind of ashamed. Depression set in again. TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT: I have been taking Celexa for 4 days now, and I'm all smiles. I still experience all my emotions, but life finally feels bearable and not as heavy. Thank you Celexa!

110 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 26, 2012 10:49 PM

Review by amee11 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: I started taking Celexa a week ago for social anxiety disorder, and I already feel major relief. For the first time, I was social at work and made new friends. I feel happier and can focus on caring about other things and people rather than just myself. I had social anxiety, but I can honestly say that this medicine has worked miracles on me so far, and I'm only on 10mg. This medicine has quite literally saved my life. If you are experiencing depression or anxiety, in my opinion, it's not worth it to keep fighting it without medication. I suffered from social anxiety disorder for 2 years before finally deciding to take it. Now, I wish I had taken it much sooner!

131 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 22, 2012 10:31 AM

Review by cezen (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: I was having some marital problems, and was unable to eat, sleep or function. I went to the doctor after a few days and she prescribed Celexa. I've been taking it for 23 days. I suffered from debilitating fatigue and sweats on days 3,4 and 5. On day six I was able to get up on time and be functional. I had a headache for the first 10 days, but now it is not noticeable. I am able to drink coffee and not feel jittery. I still have a low appetite and am losing weight, and my feelings of sexual arousal are numbed. I feel that the edge has been taken off and that I am very level. I feel more patient and objective. I have terrible premenstrual Dysphoria and this past cycle, all my worst symptoms did not appear.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 20, 2012 7:34 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety and Stress: I took this medication for anxiety and stress for only 2 months. I really did not see any improvement and the side effects were pretty bad. Insomnia, nausea, headaches, felt like my nerve endings had little electrical surges, lethargic, night sweats and zero sex drive.

December 17, 2012 7:55 AM

Review by HappyNFlorida:

For Anxiety and Stress: My boyfriend has severe social anxiety and depression, which usually left him isolating for an entire week in a dark depressed mood which happened every 10-12 days or so. He started taking Celexa about a week ago and has been feeling wonderful! He is smiling again and is able to go out and have a great time! And as far as sex goes, he is BETTER than before. So no complaints here. Of course I was concerned with side effects in the first week: nausea, diarrhea, headaches and hallucinations, but that all disappeared after the first week. Now its smooth sailing. Thank God for Celexa.

December 9, 2012 2:23 PM

Review by 100% improvement (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety and Stress: I was having quite a bit of stress that was job related. I was put on 10mg a day and this dose works great for me. I experienced yawning, more frequent urination and dry mouth in the beginning. I cannot say enough about this medicine. It has helped me immensely with very few side effects. I have had some difficulty reaching orgasm but do not have any issues with libido. I feel anyone dealing with depression/anxiety should give this medicine a shot. I myself read the reviews and was so optimistic that it would do wonders for me like it did for many others after I had done my homework. I consider this to be a miracle.

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 8, 2012 11:58 PM

For Depression: I started taking this medication about 2 months ago for depression and uncontrollable anger issues, both have ceased. I have mild side effects with this medicine, the most notable would be a persistent sore throat, not sure if anyone else is experiencing this, so your input would be appreciated. I'm thankful that there is actually something out there to help with these issues, so far so good and I highly recommend this for anyone looking for relief of anxiety

December 8, 2012 1:33 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I suffered from depression for about 3 years after a bad breakup that caused me to have low self esteem. I lost myself and didn't know who I was anymore and became suicidal. After that I knew I needed help. I'm now on Celexa, I don't stress like I used to. I'm just a happier person I never have suicidal thoughts anymore. I'm not 100% yet but I way better than before. I'm about to graduate college in 2 weeks and I feel like I have a purpose now. Celexa saved life.

December 5, 2012 9:53 PM

Review by Ewey (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Anxiety and Stress: I took 10mg Celexa (increased to 20mg) for a year after experiencing panic attacks and generalized anxiety for 3 years. My anxiety affected my stomach the worst, I'd have trouble eating anything without getting a stomach ache or diarrhea. It's as if all the butterflies in my stomach ate my food for me. After taking Celexa my anxiety disappeared completely and my stomach went back to normal. However, I stopped taking it due to the side effects. I had no more sex drive, and had difficulty feeling any emotions, or at least to the extent I felt them before. I felt foggy and not myself. Soon as I went off it I had panic attacks again but felt more clear.

December 5, 2012 4:29 PM

For Depression: This medicine is wonderful. I never believed in taking anti depressants because I didn't want to become dependent on them. I've taken Zoloft ... I had real bad constipation and it worsened my depression. Celexa has done it for me. I had postpartum depression and went through a terrible break up with my fiance and have been able to cope very well with everything that has gone on in my life. I would recommend this medicine to anyone.

December 4, 2012 8:49 PM

For Depression: I am 46 years old and remember being 5 years old with something just not right in my head. In my late teens I was really suicidal! I had counseling for seven years and tried a couple of different medications. I felt good, but had side effects that made me quit taking them. Two weeks ago I had a severe bout with depression, that affected me and the ones closest to me. I had been trying to figure out what was wrong with me for forty years and could not find a answer. After opening up to family I found out nine of us were struggling with depression. My nephew told me to try Celexa because it had changed his life for the better. I now have been on it for one week and am beginning to get my life back!

December 3, 2012 1:16 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Postpartum Depression: I began to feel better almost immediately- within 4 days I could really tell a difference in my stress level and more overall depression. I feel much better, and I am thankful I that I decided to seek help. This has not solved all my problems, but it put me in a frame of mind to be able to deal with them rather than feel out of control and hopeless. Best decision I could have made not only for myself, but my family. the only side effect that I have experienced is difficulty reaching orgasm. But honestly it has helped me so much, I am more than willing to live with this than go back to the way I was before.

November 28, 2012 4:06 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: Was on Citalopram for 1 month then asked my doctor to change. During the first 2 weeks I was getting an average of 3 hours sleep a night. Bed at 11pm, wake up at 2am, 3am, 4am, 5am, 6am, give in & get up at 7am. Was completely devoid of emotions. Lost all focus, motivation, attention-span, was so much worse than before diagnosis & prescription. Second 2 weeks I was given sleeping pills so I was sleeping 7-8 hours a night, but being 24 yrs old I refused to be dependent on sleeping pills and anti-depressants. Have now been on Mitrazapine just over a week, was like a light switch. Now sleeping easily between 10-12 hours/night. Emotions are back but as unpredictable as they were before diagnosis. Will wait and see.

November 22, 2012 2:32 PM