User Reviews for Celexa

7.6
Summary of Celexa reviews 362 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Celexa

Review by HappyNFlorida: User Rating:

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: My boyfriend has severe social anxiety and depression, which usually left him isolating for an entire week in a dark depressed mood which happened every 10-12 days or so. He started taking Celexa about a week ago and has been feeling wonderful! He is smiling again and is able to go out and have a great time! And as far as sex goes, he is BETTER than before. So no complaints here. Of course I was concerned with side effects in the first week: nausea, diarrhea, headaches and hallucinations, but that all disappeared after the first week. Now its smooth sailing. Thank God for Celexa.

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 9, 2012 2:23 PM
Review by 100% improvement (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: I was having quite a bit of stress that was job related. I was put on 10mg a day and this dose works great for me. I experienced yawning, more frequent urination and dry mouth in the beginning. I cannot say enough about this medicine. It has helped me immensely with very few side effects. I have had some difficulty reaching orgasm but do not have any issues with libido. I feel anyone dealing with depression/anxiety should give this medicine a shot. I myself read the reviews and was so optimistic that it would do wonders for me like it did for many others after I had done my homework. I consider this to be a miracle.

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 8, 2012 11:58 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: I started taking this medication about 2 months ago for depression and uncontrollable anger issues, both have ceased. I have mild side effects with this medicine, the most notable would be a persistent sore throat, not sure if anyone else is experiencing this, so your input would be appreciated. I'm thankful that there is actually something out there to help with these issues, so far so good and I highly recommend this for anyone looking for relief of anxiety

December 8, 2012 1:33 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: I suffered from depression for about 3 years after a bad breakup that caused me to have low self esteem. I lost myself and didn't know who I was anymore and became suicidal. After that I knew I needed help. I'm now on Celexa, I don't stress like I used to. I'm just a happier person I never have suicidal thoughts anymore. I'm not 100% yet but I way better than before. I'm about to graduate college in 2 weeks and I feel like I have a purpose now. Celexa saved life.

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 5, 2012 9:53 PM
Review by Ewey (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: I took 10mg Celexa (increased to 20mg) for a year after experiencing panic attacks and generalized anxiety for 3 years. My anxiety affected my stomach the worst, I'd have trouble eating anything without getting a stomach ache or diarrhea. It's as if all the butterflies in my stomach ate my food for me. After taking Celexa my anxiety disappeared completely and my stomach went back to normal. However, I stopped taking it due to the side effects. I had no more sex drive, and had difficulty feeling any emotions, or at least to the extent I felt them before. I felt foggy and not myself. Soon as I went off it I had panic attacks again but felt more clear.

December 5, 2012 4:29 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: This medicine is wonderful. I never believed in taking anti depressants because I didn't want to become dependent on them. I've taken Zoloft ... I had real bad constipation and it worsened my depression. Celexa has done it for me. I had postpartum depression and went through a terrible break up with my fiance and have been able to cope very well with everything that has gone on in my life. I would recommend this medicine to anyone.

December 4, 2012 8:49 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: I am 46 years old and remember being 5 years old with something just not right in my head. In my late teens I was really suicidal! I had counseling for seven years and tried a couple of different medications. I felt good, but had side effects that made me quit taking them. Two weeks ago I had a severe bout with depression, that affected me and the ones closest to me. I had been trying to figure out what was wrong with me for forty years and could not find a answer. After opening up to family I found out nine of us were struggling with depression. My nephew told me to try Celexa because it had changed his life for the better. I now have been on it for one week and am beginning to get my life back!

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 3, 2012 1:16 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Celexa (citalopram) for Postpartum Depression: I began to feel better almost immediately- within 4 days I could really tell a difference in my stress level and more overall depression. I feel much better, and I am thankful I that I decided to seek help. This has not solved all my problems, but it put me in a frame of mind to be able to deal with them rather than feel out of control and hopeless. Best decision I could have made not only for myself, but my family. the only side effect that I have experienced is difficulty reaching orgasm. But honestly it has helped me so much, I am more than willing to live with this than go back to the way I was before.

November 28, 2012 4:06 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: Was on Citalopram for 1 month then asked my doctor to change. During the first 2 weeks I was getting an average of 3 hours sleep a night. Bed at 11pm, wake up at 2am, 3am, 4am, 5am, 6am, give in & get up at 7am. Was completely devoid of emotions. Lost all focus, motivation, attention-span, was so much worse than before diagnosis & prescription. Second 2 weeks I was given sleeping pills so I was sleeping 7-8 hours a night, but being 24 yrs old I refused to be dependent on sleeping pills and anti-depressants. Have now been on Mitrazapine just over a week, was like a light switch. Now sleeping easily between 10-12 hours/night. Emotions are back but as unpredictable as they were before diagnosis. Will wait and see.

November 22, 2012 2:32 PM
Review by Inked up girl (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: I love Celexa. It gave me my rockstar attitude back! Felt it after first dose, I smiled for the first time in 6 months! So thankful I finally got the nerve to try it after being scared due to side effects and horror stories, and yay no bad side effects at all!

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 19, 2012 11:00 PM

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: I started out liking Celexa because it calmed me down I had way fewer temper tantrums. But now after three months I am tired all the time and I've gained a ton of weight despite constant exercise and even dieting more. Other friends of mine lost weight on it, unfortunately all bodies are different and mine did not respond so positively. I'm calling my doctor tomorrow to try Wellbutrin.

November 18, 2012 4:09 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: Was put on this for depression/anxiety and it was a disaster! About 40 minutes after I took it I started to feel very nauseous and had bad diarrhea. I also felt very hot and had a lot of anxiety (more anxiety than I had in the first place). Later on I noticed it made me yawn quite a bit, and each time I yawned my jaw would stay clenched for a couple of seconds before it would relax again. I only took it for one day, and almost 2 days later I am still having some nausea, yawning and burping a lot. According to the other reviews, it seems like it either works for you or it doesn't. I am obviously not one of the people it works for!

November 4, 2012 1:03 AM
Review by NatashaB84 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: It makes me feel normal. I like it, but I sometimes get hot flashes and dry mouth. My husband also takes it and it does well for him but has sexual side effects.

October 8, 2012 9:39 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: Gave this a try after the culmination of several things. Another round of double depression hit me in the spring and I decided to go with drs advice and try this. This is month 7 and I have stopped it because of the following: severe headaches, claustrophobia, dizziness, stomach upset, heart pounding, severe insomnia, feeling like I wanted to scream but cant get it out. It has essentially numbed my emotions and its not a good thing. I go back in a few days to get something different.

October 1, 2012 2:49 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: I used to take Celexa when I was very young, and just started it back up today, and I know generally it takes 2-4 weeks to see any real results but let me just say even after only 1 day I can already feel a slight difference. I feel a lot more mellowed out. It may be the placebo effect (me thinking I feel better because I know I took something) but I do feel a bit more calm than usual. I did experience some drowsiness and a little bit of dizziness but it didn't exceed any more worse than that, and it didn't last long. I would definitely recommend this medicine to someone suffering anxiety and depression.

September 23, 2012 12:10 AM
Review by positive one (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: Celexa has turned my life completely around. I have always worried excessively about everything. I couldn't enjoy things because I worried about every little detail that could go wrong! I have been on Celexa for 4 years and I wish I had known about it long, long ago. I enjoy everything in my life and only worry if its a life or death matter. I take 20 mg a day.

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 22, 2012 3:51 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: Helps my depression very well. Keeps me leveled out. Calms me down.

September 20, 2012 9:23 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: I used to have mild panic attacks, was always depressed, and just felt like I had the world on my back all the time. My doctor prescribed me 20mg of citalopram and it works good. My side affects are I'm usually tired throughout the day, I get the shakes on and off, consistent yawning, skin itches a little and a bit of a bowel problem. Other than that, I have found my moods to be much better, my depression is not as bad and I'm more up beat. Definitely, would recommend.

September 12, 2012 11:49 PM
Review by Pilgrim 1 (taken for 10 years or more):

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: I've been taking Celexa for years. It all began when I hit menopause and with a high stress job, I felt my feelings & life was spiraling out of control. Every action seemed so intense. This little pill took the edge off the pain and desperate feelings and brought me back to my old content happy self.

September 6, 2012 2:15 PM
Review by Alyd77 (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: I was a little nervous about being put on an antidepressant for my anxiety but it couldn't be better. I could feel the difference very quickly. I am very calm and relaxed now. It made such a big difference that I even quit smoking 3 months after starting to take it.

September 4, 2012 11:24 PM
Review by rsp612: User Rating:

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: Started taking Celexa on August 14th. Within 2 days I broke out in hives on my collar bone then within a week I had severe hives on my arms and spreading. Within a couple of days I had hives on my legs and back. Dr. didn't think it was the Celexa so continued it and ended up in the emergency room with worse side effects vomiting! Emergency room declared I had a severe allergic reaction to Celexa.

August 27, 2012 1:55 PM
Review by Tet530 (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: Been using Celexa for six months. Doctor switched me from Lexapro to Celexa and glad he did. My anxiety and overall mood has changed dramatically. Only side effect I have is terrible insomnia, but very low anxiety. It is worth it.

August 19, 2012 12:42 AM
Review by Navehangel: User Rating:

Celexa (citalopram) for Postpartum Depression: I was struggling depression for 19 years. I always held everything in and never told anyone, so I've tried to hurt myself a couple times. Finally 4 weeks ago I admitted myself to a hospital and they sent me to a mental health place where I stayed for 2 weeks and was put on Celexa. I was scared to get on but knew I had to do something and I am so glade I did. I feel like a whole new person without the stress and wondering where my life's going. Thank you Celexa. Now hopefully I can get insurance and stay on it.

August 14, 2012 3:57 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: I also suffer from mild post traumatic stress disorder due to multiple miscarriages. At work and in my personal life I was very irritable - 0-50 in 2 seconds. I thought it was just who I am, until a minor situation happened at work. It opened my eyes, but I was devastated to hear from my doctor that I had to take medication. I felt like a failure. I started out with 20 mg/day, and by the fourth week a miracle happened. I felt "normal" - I started to worry about the things I should worry about, and all the little things did not matter at all. After taking it for 3 months, at times I found my mood to be irritable, so I'm now taking 30 mg/day and have not felt better.

August 7, 2012 9:06 AM
Review by Cynthia(: (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: My panic attacks used to be so severe in the same year that I experienced them, that I was almost rushed to the hospital because my family was worried. My heart would pound so fast and hard. I literally thought it was going to explode. By my heart beating uncontrollably for panicking, my chest would hurt a lot and I would get so dizzy and lightheaded. After a year and a half of the horrible random attacks, I was prescribed Celexa and my life has been amazing. I no longer have worries and in the 2 months that I have been on it, I have not had 1 attack since. I highly recommend Celexa to those who experience panic / anxiety attacks.

July 28, 2012 5:42 PM