User Reviews for Celexa

Learn more about Celexa.

Celexa review summary

8.4/10 Average Rating

Compare all 7 medications used in the treatment of Postpartum Depression.

Reviews for Celexa to treat Postpartum Depression

Review by Mommy3dd (taken for less than 1 month):

I am not sure if I had post partum depression or not, my youngest child is 2 and it seems ever since having her I've been not the best mom out there, or wife. I was very moody all the time and just recently it has gotten worse. I felt like I was always on a rage at home, yelling at everyone, everything getting on my nerves, snapping at family members, it was terrible. Celexa saved my life! I felt improvement within days. I feel more calm and no longer have the urges to yell and get angry with anyone. Have experienced headaches and fatigue & yawning, but nothing compared to how I was feeling before so I can handle the side effects! I am on week 3 now, hoping they diminish with time.

May 9, 2013 10:37 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I began to feel better almost immediately- within 4 days I could really tell a difference in my stress level and more overall depression. I feel much better, and I am thankful I that I decided to seek help. This has not solved all my problems, but it put me in a frame of mind to be able to deal with them rather than feel out of control and hopeless. Best decision I could have made not only for myself, but my family. the only side effect that I have experienced is difficulty reaching orgasm. But honestly it has helped me so much, I am more than willing to live with this than go back to the way I was before.

November 28, 2012 4:06 PM

Review by Navehangel:

I was struggling depression for 19 years. I always held everything in and never told anyone, so I've tried to hurt myself a couple times. Finally 4 weeks ago I admitted myself to a hospital and they sent me to a mental health place where I stayed for 2 weeks and was put on Celexa. I was scared to get on but knew I had to do something and I am so glade I did. I feel like a whole new person without the stress and wondering where my life's going. Thank you Celexa. Now hopefully I can get insurance and stay on it.

August 14, 2012 3:57 PM

I used Celexa for postpartum depression and it was like a miracle! I had a sick baby and just thought I was a 'bad mom' and couldn't handle the stress. My marriage took a big hit and my husband refused to have a 2nd child with me due to the depression/anxiety. I spoke to my doctor when my son was 7-8 months old and went on 10 mg of Celexa. It was like turning on a light in a dark room! I sure wish I would have figured out what was wrong with me sooner! I tried to go off after about a year, but the moodiness and irritability came back, so I went back on for another 6 months or so before successfully stopping. Few side effects for me. I would recommend!

March 20, 2012 12:02 PM

Review by mom of 4 plus triplets:

I have been on Celexa for about a year. I absolutely love my 'happy pill'. My whole family loves me and I love them. The only side effects I have had are migraines if I skip a dose, or increased irritation if I take an extra dose. I don't mind the migraines as they remind me to take my Celexa when life has me running. Glad my doctor listened to me and proscribed this medication. Zoloft and Wellbutrin did not work at all for me. I have been on 20mg the entire time. Hopes this helps others.

October 10, 2011 5:28 AM

Celexa worked wonders for my postpartum depression. My depression stated later than normal, my child was 9 months. At first I felt "out of it", like I couldn't concentrate. After a week that went away. I also have mild OCD and it helped that too. I did gain a little weight and was craving food more. My husband says he noticed a good change in me, better mood.

November 17, 2010 2:03 AM

I took citalopram for 10 days but had to stop due to an allergic reaction I got from it. Besides that, I could not sleep at night after taking the medication. Unfortunately citalopram did not work for me at all.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 18, 2009 12:47 AM

I started taking Celexa for post-partum depression about 2 years ago. Started at 20mg and have been on 40mg for over a year now. I'm not sure if its related, but the past 6 months or so, I have had increasing muscle/joint pain, with fatigue and insomnia. I've been absolutely miserable. I will say that for the depression and mood swings Celexa is great, provided you don't get the UNcommon side effects.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 14, 2009 12:45 AM

Review by big mumma:

Found it quick and helped me to reach the light at the end of the tunnel.

October 3, 2008 12:01 PM