User Reviews for Adderall (Page 4)

Learn more about Adderall.

Narcolepsy 29 reviews 15 medications

8.6
ADHD 190 reviews 36 medications

8.5
Summary of Adderall reviews 219 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Adderall

For ADHD "I liked how focused it made me however if I was agitated it made it worse"

Jenn95 October 29, 2013

For ADHD "Hyper focused, dry mouth. Both this and Straterra put me into state of manic. Used Depakote 750mg for mental balance. "

joeyy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 12, 2013

For ADHD "I've taken Vyvanse extended release and Adderall extended release. I didn't like the mood swings and irritability I suffered when they would wear off. My doctor has since put me on Adderall immediate release 30 milligram tablets twice a day. I've taken these tablets for 2 years now and love that I can focus and I am not having mood swings or irritable at all. I have experienced dry mouth and some jitters as well as trouble sleeping. I take Ambien to sleep and it is no longer an issue. I have to take a vitamin supplement due to a huge weight loss though. I was over weight when I started Adderall and now am at a healthy weight and maintaining that weight without issue."

skittles1215 October 6, 2013

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For ADHD "After 37 years of knowing something wasn't right with my brain, I was diagnosed with ADHD, Inattentive Type in grad school and was prescribed Adderall. Where do I start??? This medication literally changed my life. Imagine being a "gifted" kid who eventually could barely pass middle school math - that's me. After a lifetime of compensating for my "slow processing," hiding my disorganization, and pretending to be on the same page with everyone else, this explains everything. Adderall has made a NIGHT AND DAY difference in my motivation level, what I understand and follow, and even my mood/emotional reactivity. In a word, amazing. If I ever meet the people who "discovered" Adderall, I'm kissing them - my husband agrees."

RedFiona October 5, 2013

175 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For ADHD "Finally I was diagnosed with ADD as an adult after struggling my whole life with ADD. I was put on Adderall and my life changed 100% for the better. I think this is a wonderful medication for those with ADD!"

Cherrycher September 21, 2013

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For ADHD "I'm a 57 year old male that has been clean and in recovery for ten years now. I have abstained from anything stronger than aspirin the whole time. Chronic pain had made it necessary to begin a closely monitored treatment schedule, but I was still losing a lot of focus on tasks at work and any motivation for anything but sleeping at home. After talking to the doctor we added 20mg Adderal 3 times a day. The difference has been amazing. I normally work pretty long hours and had been having trouble staying awake in the morning going to work and evenings going home. No more. Properly scheduling the doses keeps me active and focused my entire day. Didn't take long to find out that it increased energy and desire in other areas also. All others."

Jojomac57 (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 21, 2013

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For ADHD "I am prescribed Adderall XRs. I am only on 30 mg once a day and my Dr won't increase it. The medication definitely makes me motivated, have energy, and feel a nice since of well-being. I am concerned with a few side effects I get almost every time. I get numb on the left side of my neck and in my shoulder. I also get really cold feet and my toes look purple with very slow capillary refill. I also already had a sleep problem before all this, so my nights are always pretty restless."

Jason407 September 20, 2013

For ADHD "Great medication. I was doing tasks again and talking to people again. The only down side is I want something more 24hrs. The instant release tabs had peaks and after the peaks I would have massive anxiety and the same was with the extended release. It's a great medicine but not for me."

Roofie91 September 14, 2013

For Narcolepsy "I just started Adderall 10 mg for a new diagnosis of narcolepsy. This is the first time I have ever stayed awake through a movie, and been able to sit and read without nodding off. I am still my normal, calm self. But I just do not have the compulsion to sleep. Very helpful."

AleeD (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2013

For ADHD "This is a great medicine for focus but it has a downside to it as well. It can cause chest pains. So you must be careful with usage. "

Ronanklan July 29, 2013

For Narcolepsy "For 5 years I suffered from hypothyroidism which turned out to be Hashimotos. Which I take thyroid (natural thyroid medication). Once my thyroid was under control myself and doctor were confused on why I was so tired. I would have seizures when I was completely exhausted. Very scary! They thought I had panic attacks but not so! The seizures were all part narcolepsy which apparently can mask under hypothyroidism. I now take 30mg of Adderall XR a day. It is not enough but just really happy I can get through the day without feeling like someone has given me a bottle of sleeping pills. Adderall is my wonder pill and no side effects."

Kld (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 22, 2013

For ADHD "Adderall in my opinion is a "Miracle"! I am prescribed the (IR) 30mg strength, three times a day. Adderall I feel has significantly improved my quality of life."

Heff84 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 3, 2013

For Narcolepsy "Adderall in my opinion is a "Miracle"! I am prescribed the (IR) 30mg strength, three times a day. Adderall I feel has significantly improved my quality of life."

Heff84 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 3, 2013

For ADHD "I am almost 50 yr old female just, diagnosed with ADD/ADHD. In elementary school super bright but would finish my work quickly and disrupt the rest of the class. I was never considered hyper just a little "naughty" and disrupted. Now looking back as things in my life have become more disruptive as I age. Couldn't hold a job lately, drink too much etc. I have the Adderral now and that's great. However, when I read about it not working or it becomes less effective, I get nervous because I don't want to be that disruptive unemployable person. I met a Doctor who has ADD as well. He found that simple blood hormone test and restoring your levels can assist in using less medication, making the medication more effective and less side effects."

amlund (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 12, 2013

For ADHD "Caused migraines."

Chrismhen (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 4, 2013

For ADHD "I've had a wonderful experience with Adderall! It helps me focus and get up to do the daily things that need to be done plus more!"

juju79 June 2, 2013

For ADHD "I like Adderall for my ADHD a lot. It keeps me focused and I am able to concentrate and accomplish the things that I need to get accomplished, also it helps me with my depression a lot because it makes me feel more happy and motivated."

Jkaustin2011 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2013

For ADHD "I too have gone through my whole life with undiagnosed ADHD and I have to say that I have lost so many years of my life both academically and personal. I've been recently diagnosed with ADHD and started Ritalin. I could not tolerate Ritalin. It made me feel like a zombie along with bad headaches. My MD switched me to Adderall and It has changed my life. I wish I would have sought help years ago but I was too embarrassed to seek mental health help. I've been on 30 mg per day of Adderall for 1.5 months now and its worked great except that I think this dose is too low as I have to split the 30 mg into two doses per day. 20 mg works great for me but the other 10 mg I have to take doesn't do much for me."

DPR (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 8, 2013

For ADHD "Adderall is effective, but it comes with consequences. Both to your physical and mental health. I am 27 years old, I have taken Adderall on and off for about 10 years. Started it my freshman year of college. It was AMAZING at first! Lost that freshman 15, got straight A's, actually ENJOYED my work. Then I started noticing the crash symptoms. Tired, withdrawn, emotionless, sleepless. I stopped taking it because I hated the way it made me feel, but I realized how much more productive I am when taking it. When I start taking it again my immune system is shot, I'm constantly sick with something, I get super irritable. When I don't take it I can barely get out of bed and I always gain weight, which always sucks. It's a vicious cycle."

LaurenNikki April 1, 2013

116 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Narcolepsy "I could not get out of bed without Adderall. I have been taking it since 2000. However, I developed a severe spinal disease, fibro, and arthritis. I had to give in to taking pain meds which interfered with my Adderall dosage. I currently take 40mg. I have found this dose ineffective for the past several years. My family doctor prescribes my meds and doesn't feel comfortable titrating up to 60mg. I weigh 335mg as well. I am frustrated and feel exhausted most of the day."

driftwoodms14 (taken for 10 years or more) March 30, 2013

For ADHD "I've gone through most of my adult life not knowing that I have ADHD. After finding that I had literally every single symptom. As my doctor said, Whoa! You're off the chart here! I've been taking 20mg for a month now. Some of my symptoms bother me. Forgetting what I was talking about mid sentence, going into a room forgetting what I was there for. All in all though, I call this medicine a miracle. I hate thinking about how much of my life I've missed out on before this. I was in school to be a Pharmacy Tech. I dropped out within a month, because I just couldn't keep up, or focus. I feel good now. My insurance at first weren't filling it. My doctor had to call the insurance co, they approved it for a year. My doctors appointment to check how this medicine dosage is working. I think I need to go up a bit. I don't have annoying side effects"

ACapone (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 14, 2013

For ADHD "I floated through high school, got honors and graduated a year early. Did the same through a state college, even though I was accepted to Ivy leagues with scholarships. I chose the easy route as I hated books, and never read anything, despite being able to pass with a bachelors in college and honors in HS just on auditory lecture learning, I was scared to challenge myself. Went to nursing school 10 years ago and failed out. Then I tried again on Adderall - Out of a class of 140, I'm #1. Everything I read I absorb. I can NOW focus. Everything's wired tight and each day I am limitless on what I can learn. I feel music. I'm in touch with everything. I thank everyday I'm on it."

Years later - finally realizing potential. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 6, 2013

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For ADHD "It makes me not able to sleep, irritable, and when I take I just don't feel like me."

Jess_red February 9, 2013

For ADHD "Adderall really helps me focus and stay on task. I used to start projects before I took Adderall and I always got side tracked and not be able to finish what I've started. Now that I take Adderall I complete tasks and I'm able to stay focused throughout the whole project. Also I complete what I've started! Thank you Adderall, you really helped me out!"

bubba520 January 29, 2013

For ADHD "Great medicine for motivation and getting your life in order. Thoughts are clearer now and I am wondering what my life would have been like if I started the therapy sooner. Have been taking 70mg daily for approx. 7 months. One drawback I have experienced is occasional impulsive behavior linked I believe to over confidence."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 17, 2013