User Reviews for Adderall

Learn more about Adderall.

Narcolepsy 25 reviews 14 medications

8.7
ADHD 157 reviews 31 medications

8.5
Summary of Adderall reviews 182 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Adderall

Review by justindavid22:

For ADHD: This medication has completely changed my life. Without it I feel like I am not complete. Twisted I feel like I can accomplish anything. Without it I sleep and have no motivation, suffer from depression, anxiety, no social skills. With it my whole social outlook changed, I am no longer shy and not showing away from social encounters. It is definitely a miracle.

April 25, 2012 7:02 PM

Review by new focus?:

For ADHD: I have used this medication for over three years, with great success in combating lifelong inability to maintain focus, or to complete tasks, get to work on time, etc., etc. Recently, my physician informed me that the manufacturer of Adderall had quit making immediate release tablets (was taking 1-2 20mg/day)- and switched me over to Vyvanse 40mg time released. Now I'm having problems sleeping, feel generally depressed. Doubt they quit making Adderall/as my doctor said...and think it is more likely the authorities was coming down.

April 20, 2012 8:49 PM

Review by Katie126:

For Narcolepsy: I fall asleep at the drop of a hat and experience sleep paralysis. There are times I know I'm supposed to be awake and I simply can't wake up. Adderall helps so much. I've taken it for about a year, however, and it is wearing off. I hope to find a substitute that will help me stay awake soon.

April 10, 2012 1:18 PM

Review by --Jake--:

For ADHD: I have been suffering through ADD and Dyslexia my whole life. Together, the two work together to make your life a hell pit. Dyslexia made it harder for me to understand things and ADD made it hard for me to keep my focus long enough to understand it. I have been on and off ADD medications throughout my life, all which had negatives which outweighed the positives. I am now 17, I also lost hope in myself that I would ever be, "normal". It was taking me as least 10 times as long to complete task as my classmates. I started to become a burnout... until, I was prescribed Adderall. My head that once felt like a rock, now feels totally capable of thinking. My grades went up and now I have hope. I still have challenges, but they are manageable.

April 8, 2012 3:45 PM

For Narcolepsy: My life was sleep before I started adderall taking 15 mg twice a day and I'm still tired but not sleeping like I was before. Only been taking it for a few days but has helped a lot. I only slept and worked and sadly that was my life for 5 years.

March 30, 2012 9:51 PM

Review by headtripp:

For ADHD: Started taking Adderall about 3.5 years ago while in my early twenties for ADD. After already been diagnosed at around 7 my parents refused to put me on medicines. I was never able to sit still, go a day without being extremely restless in class, and many times was sent to the office for being loud. After extreme fatigue and no motivation to finish anything including zero motivation to work, depression, etc. I started Adderall. Has helped so much (at first) things got done, class/work was way smoother. And had interest in things I always struggled to absorb. Cons... tolerance builds fast. Sleep is a must or you feel like a corpse. (After the first few weeks sleep comes easier though.) Nervous. Jittery.

March 29, 2012 9:57 AM

For ADHD: I have taken Adderall for over 6 yrs now. At first it was the best! All my problems were solved. Higher concentration, longer attention span, lower appetite, more sociable. It was awesome. But over the years the side effects have caught up to me. Increased sweating, higher pulse rate, higher blood pressure, lower quality of sleep, dazed. My shoulder muscles are so tense all the time its almost painful. I'm prescribed 60mg a day, and that used to be great, but now if I take more than 30 mg my sleep quality suffers to the point where I'm a zombie the next day. Then I have to take more to feel normal, then I can't sleep again the next night. But if I don't take it, I'm completely useless for about 4 days. Therefore, I can't stop taking it.

March 15, 2012 8:41 PM

Review by otstratman:

For ADHD: I suffer from ADD. I take 30mg twice a day. It works very well for me, however sometimes I get wicked headaches in my frontal/temple areas which I am sure is a side effect of the Adderall. I am going to see my Doctor in a week and talk this over with him. I also notice that sometimes I feel really sleepy after I take a dose.

March 15, 2012 2:39 PM

Review by ElRenee83:

For ADHD: I would like to say that Adderrall really works, it helps me concentrate, and get things done, My mind doesnt race, and I am able to focus. I do experience the dry mouth, and the loss of appetite. And I was experiencing a lot of headaches when I first started taking it, and it would be migraines starting from my temple to the pressure in my eye. I did a self experiment before I completely stopped taking the medicine and began to drink TWO GLASSES of water. 1 before my pill then wait 10 mins and drink another glass of water with the pill.. And through out the day I kept drinking water... And I have no more headaches... Drink water!!!! ALL DAY!

March 14, 2012 3:22 PM

Review by Sister0303:

For ADHD: I was recently diagnosed with ADHD.....I was on regular Adderall....it made me feel great! I was able to focus better and accomplish a lot. I was switched to Adderall XR....it TOTALLY changed my life! After being on it about a month, I started noticing that I was becoming more and more depressed and easily agitated. I also noticed that I had no drive AT ALL! I didn't want to do anything! It got so bad that I became suicidal! I was admitted into the hospital for a brief stay (which was a nightmare!) and learned from the psychiatrist that depression was indeed a side effect of the medicine. I immediately stopped taking it and am slowly getting back to normalcy. Its been about 3 weeks and I feel like I'm almost completely back to normal.

March 3, 2012 6:48 PM

Review by willynyc:

For ADHD: I've been on Adderall for about 4 years. I was having an extremely hard time focusing, extreme fatigue, general feeling of being lost and overly emotional and unstable. Adderall was an absolute miracle when I started on it. My trouble paying attention, loss of interest in life, constant sleepiness and emotional swings were gone. It made me genuinely happy and self confident for the first time in my life.

February 26, 2012 3:28 PM

For ADHD: When I began taking Adderall in my early 20's, from dose one I could say I feel "normal" for the first time in my life since I was a young boy. I was happy and life had meaning and a reason. It allowed me to become productive, and I loved this new feeling of well being in both mind and body. It came after a decade of severe depression, anxiety and panic states, and a multitude of psych issues, and I was like a person on the outside, but inside a disease of agonizing mental anguish and physically I hurt of severe pain but no physical evidence that I was like a 20 year old young man who was only alive because I would not die. A tablet of Adderall changed my life and it is my key to life worth living.

February 23, 2012 5:42 PM

For ADHD: I am on the IR version and I agree with the person who commented that you forget to eat. I have lost 12 pounds over the last six months and I have to remember to eat. As they stated I do get foggy headed and kind of high feeling at times, but when I eat something and remember to take my vitamins since I don't eat as much I am fine. I am older and I did it so I could study for the CPA exam because I could not keep my mind focused on the study materials. My work performance has improved phenomenally as well. My boss noticed at my next review and even commented that I seemed different. My attention to detail had improved and I was staying focused on my tasks so much better. Makes me wish I had done something like this long ago.

February 17, 2012 12:08 PM

Review by bergenstudent90:

For ADHD: I was prescribed Adderall XR 15mg six months ago after trying Focalin XR and not liking it because of severe stomach pains it would give me. Before trying the Adderall and Focalin I was diagnosed with ADHD because I brought it to my doctors attention. I had always had a problem in high school and even middle school with getting good grades, everyone thought I was lazy. In college the situation was getting worse, and I started to get depressed about my bad grades. I then realized my depression was stemming from my inability to concentrate on school work. It's been six months since I've been on the Adderall XR, and my grades have shot up! I get A's and B's in all my classes and am so much more organized which helps with everything in my life.

February 14, 2012 4:05 PM

For ADHD: Double edged sword with Adderall. Great for concentration, brought my college GPA from a 2.5 to a 3.7, amazing. Although I do have trouble sleeping with it, and I often have mild bouts of depression, and roller coaster of emotion that I never have had before. Although it is important to state that this may be because I am not eating as much and forget to eat, which could easily cause these symptoms. AMAZING for athletics, I am able to run 3-4 times farther with this, really great. A nice feeling when its working and with a definite comedown. Its important to mention I am on the IR version, which could be causing these side effects. My food habits are also now VERY healthy.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 13, 2012 1:51 AM

Review by luluchan:

For ADHD: I take only 5mg a day but it works for my mild ADD. This gives me great concentration and I can get things done. Without this, I can't even read an article in a newspaper. This is my life saver. The only catch is I get tense TMJ from this. But I lived with it as the benefit outweigh the side effect.

January 20, 2012 9:26 AM

For ADHD: I was diagnosed with ADD at 21, as a junior in college. Before Adderall, I was an average student. I had a short attention span and difficulty efficiently completing tasks. The first time I took it, I read long passages and retained all the information. I actually follow my professors in-class. I didn't dread studying anymore; I actually kind of enjoyed it! I couldn't believe it. Within 2 semesters, my GPA has gone from a 3.1 to a 3.5. There are only a few downsides that come to mind. First, I have trouble falling asleep at night. Next, I get irritated when studying/tasks are interrupted. Also, coming off of it, I feel extremely tired for at least 3 or 4 days.

December 14, 2011 9:31 PM

For Narcolepsy: Lots of side effects - Keeps me awake when taking 50mg a day - makes it hard to go to sleep at night, involuntary muscle movement at times, kills the sex life.

November 30, 2011 3:04 AM

Review by tlcbiz:

For ADHD: I had been taking Adderall (generic) for approximately five years but recently switched to dextroamphetamine because it was getting so hard to get Adderall due to (as the pharmacy said) "a manufacturer backorder". But talk about serendipity; the dextroamphetamine makes me clench my jaw a LOT less than the amphetamine salts and as I begin to lose focus at the end of the day I don't get a headache to boot. So overall I have to say the dextroamphetamine is significantly better than Adderall on several levels.

November 17, 2011 8:22 PM

For ADHD: Works well. Be sure not to take in evening or night just in the morning and noon though, because it will cause sleeplessness.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 16, 2011 6:39 PM

Review by soharu:

For ADHD: This medicine increasingly made my symptoms get worse. I became aggressive, ignorant, emotional and I am not a person who gets emotional. Note: I was 12. Please, watch closely if you give this to children.

November 2, 2011 9:32 PM

Review by EvansWonderland:

For ADHD: I have a vast array of psych problems from ADD to OCD to suicidal ideation. Adderall was the first wonder pill for me. It made every other medicine I was taking more tolerable and more effective. It caused my mind to stop racing so bad. Adderall changed my life.

November 1, 2011 5:54 PM

For ADHD: Adderall has helped change the well being of my LIFE. As a child I had a issue affecting me. So, I tried to hide it because I was embarrassed but as an adult I finally had to own up to it after the birth of my child. I needed education so, I enrolled in College after a couple of weeks. I started to notice the same problems. I spoke to my doctor, was tested for ADD and was diagnosed. Since then I've been on 20mg Adderall morning and 10mg Ritain in the evening. I had only positive effects. I finally get to be the great student I always wanted to be and can finish my daily chores without forgetting things. I only hope that people quit trying to say this medicine isn't good for anyone. For yrs I didn't make the A's I wanted and now I do. People taking this medicine don't want to "They Have NO Choice But To.

October 11, 2011 3:20 PM

Review by abacab:

For ADHD: Works great!

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 10, 2011 4:05 PM

For ADHD: I have had problems my whole life with school, holding down jobs, depression and alcoholism. Adderall has changed my life. I am 43 and I finally have the courage to pursue the career I didn't think I would be able to do before. I also take Prozac. The combination does make me a little dizzy and I do sweat a lot more, but the miracle of being able to function on a daily basis and concentrate out way the side effects.

August 30, 2011 10:44 AM