User Reviews for Adderall

Learn more about Adderall.

Narcolepsy 19 reviews 13 medications

8.8
ADHD 140 reviews 62 medications

8.5
Summary of Adderall reviews 159 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Adderall

Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I was on adderall for about 10 years after I lost too much weight on Dexatrin. I began when I was about 10 and went all the way up to 40-60 mg a day, depending on how I felt. I was great for focus, but I definitely had sweaty pits, which I find really annoying. After Adderall stopped working, I switched to Concerta for 3 years, then to VyvanSe, which was incredible. All of these medications, though, made me feel like a schizo. Because I started so young, I got used to the feelings, but I would be a robot when I was on them, and coming down, irritable until I ate, then crazy hyper. Adderall did everything it was supposed to do, and because of it I was able to get into a great boarding school, great college, and now grad school.

July 11, 2011 6:00 PM
Review by Chemicalman: User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: The dosage of Adderall XR is variable from person to person within the established prescribing limitations that are an essential aspect of using this drug safely. That being said, I have personally experienced the efficacy of Adderall XR as being determined by being on the right dosage (not too little or not too much) of this very effective medication for Adult Attention Deficit Disorder.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 23, 2011 12:03 PM
Review by cras: User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: As a child I always had problems with being very hyper and I couldn't pay attention like other children in my class. My teacher noticed it and told my mother about things that could help me. My mother had me tested and put on Adderall. Within a week I can honestly remember a change. At first it made me feel very funny and zombie like but after it got in my system my family said I was totally different person. I also suffer with dyslexia, but this medication helped me with that too. I was put on it when I was 7 years old. When I was 20 I stopped taking it since I was out of school. I couldn't hold down a job and things just got really bad for me. Then I had my baby boy and decided I had to be put back on it. Best thing that happened to me.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 26, 2011 12:04 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I've been on Concerta before and decided to try Adderall. I loved the results, ultra focused. At the beginning I was incredibly happy with it. Unfortunately, I had a severe allergic reaction to it. I'm not allergic to any other medicines but for some reason Adderall got me. If you get extremely itchy on the medicines stop taking it. I kept taking it for a while because I loved the results and the itching got really bad.

May 7, 2011 10:27 AM
Review by unknown1: User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Started Adderall 2 weeks ago. I am still trying to find the right dose. Doctor said "start with 10mg morning and afternoon but if that's to much take 5mg morning and afternoon" I'm finding if I take 10mgs and my day is really busy I am fine but if my day is not than I notice my heart rate and a need to be doing something. I'm not sure about this medicine yet but willing to give it a little more time. I just want to know if the feeling of needing to be busy will end.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 21, 2011 2:19 PM
Review by kcooper32: User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I started on Ritalin for ADHD but I switched to Adderall, because the Ritalin made me extremely irritable. Adderall 20 mg allows me to concentrate, tune out distractions, and manage time efficiently. Negative side effects: suppressed appetite (positive for me!), SOMETIMES slightly irritable mood towards the end of the day, sleeplessness if I take it less than 12 hours before bedtime.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 11, 2011 9:56 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine): I am a 46 yr old female and have taken Adderall XR 10 mg for over a year now. Adderall has helped me tremendously. Before starting it, could barely get out of bed. Had no interest in anything, not even living. Couldn't focus; nearly a zombie. As long as I take it I'm a happy functional person. Some issues with insomnia but nothing unmanageable. Don't take it on my days off to avoid building a tolerance. However, have become totally dependent on this medicine. Recently tried to stop taking it. Second day without it, I was useless, and by third day, I was like a zombie.

January 22, 2011 1:00 PM
Review by grniz31: User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Well I have been on Adderall for about 5 months 20mg daily. I wish I would have taken it sooner though. I am a single mom of twin 5 year olds and I noticed that I needed this birth control. I couldn't even get out of bed, focus, complete and daily normal function, daydream, etc. I finally realized it was needed after my mother had her heart attack and I could not focus not even at work. I went to my doctors and he put me on this and I feel great 95% of the time. Weight loss great! I recommend this to anyone that needs something to really save them from spiraling down and not being able to be "Normal" Great!

January 3, 2011 11:54 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I was unable to stay focused or complete daily tasks. After starting Adderall there has been a vast improvement. My life seems to be in order.

January 3, 2011 10:42 PM
Review by Pretty good: User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I'm a 50 year old male diagnosed with depressive subtype ADD 15 years ago. I've tried Ritalin, Adderall, Dextrastat, Emsam, and various other antidepressants as I'm dysphoric. All these medicines have helped. Holiday's are good for resetting tolerance. Years ago, I needed 60mg Adderall in the morning and 30 at noon, after working up from Ritalin which became too weak. I'm on Prilosec for stomach acid now, and non-XR stimulants taken only in the morning still keep me awake at night, for which 0.5-1 mg of Klonopin cures. I don't get addicted to anything, so no problem, though nothing makes me feel really good either -even narcotics or sex! A well functioning mind and getting things done is my main high.

January 3, 2011 12:52 AM
Review by oxyaaron: User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Works great for ADHD but tolerance builds very rapidly.

December 29, 2010 10:33 PM
Review by disgruntled spouse+: User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: My wife started taking Adderal 5 months ago. It completely changed her for the worse. Sure she might be able to complete tasks and feels energized but the side effects are ruining our family. She goes from talking to screaming in mid sentence. Violent behavior is now the norm. Zero sex drive. Total lack of regard for others. I have talked to her about these issues but the responses are "shut up". She has lost 20 lbs and looks terrible. By the way she was bulimic as a teen and into college. So the weight loss is appealing to her. I contacted the first nurse vacationer that prescribed it for her. He cut her off.

December 11, 2010 12:32 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine): I have been on and off Adderall for the better part of a decade now. I am a 26 year old, male. This drug works wonders if you have the strength to take it as prescribed. When I take Adderall, without abusing it, I feel I am able to live what a person would call a "normal life". It helps with my attention, concentration, motivation, I feel I can socialize easier and I perform better at work.

September 30, 2010 9:57 AM
Review by pilara: User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Adderall has changed my life. I have so much more energy, I'm more alert, and can stay focused on tasks a lot easier. However, I notice when it is starting to wear off, I get really moody. So, I make sure I'm not around people when that's the case. I was really worried about becoming dependent, so at least once or twice a week, I don't take it all to make sure I'm not addicted. Another warning, don't take this after 1pm. You will be up all night. It sucks. Your body will be so tired and you'll want to go to sleep, but your mind is just alert and wide awake! It really suppresses the appetite too but the longer you take it, the less effect it has!

September 29, 2010 7:30 PM
Review by HelpsImmensely: User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Adderall has been hugely beneficial in allowing me to function with improved mental acuity, and I am able to take a relatively low dose to achieve these desired treatment effects.

September 27, 2010 1:02 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I've been taking Adderall for 3 years and have experienced extreme nervousness, loss of appetite, trouble sleeping, dry mouth, dizziness etc. Adderall is not for all.

September 20, 2010 8:41 PM
Review by 5yroldmind: User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I began taking Adderall tablets, 15 -25 mg off and on, sometimes using Ritalin tablets instead. Both medications, although chemically different, have been bad for my sex drive. Adderall was preferable as it did not cause me to feel so emotionally vulnerable and 'weepy' as Ritalin. BUT learning that there's a neuro-toxic impact from Adderall that does not occur with Dexedrine has made me ask the question: why not Dexedrine? I do not enjoy the Adderall 'high' ~ I always take every medicine as prescribed AND vacation. Adderall helped me focus but *felt* physically mean. Now my psych doctor has prescribed Dexedrine ER. I look forward to enjoying sex again.

September 13, 2010 6:59 PM
Review by ashley4u2nv: User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I have adult ADHD. I'm 21 now and have been on Adderall 20mg 3 times a day for the past 4 years. It's really helped me if you just take it responsibly you don't have any real problems. The only thing I still get dry mouth.

August 24, 2010 5:46 AM
Review by mistygee25: User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine): I have been taking 15mg twice daily now for almost a year and feel like myself again. Once the side effects wore off I have been very happy and a lot easier to be around. My impulsivity has ebbed drastically and my temper has evened out. Love it, Thanks Doctor.

August 12, 2010 11:59 PM
Review by mommashells: User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I have been taking this for 3 months now and I feel we are getting somewhere. I am taking 15 mg in the morning and 15 mg at 1pm. I feel I could have the dose increased as I have only one side effect which is dry mouth. No decreased appetite and no jitters. I have decreased my coffee in take and am much calmer than I have been in years. Before I had trouble with focus and gnatting about. I know we are getting close to where I should be. I am 44 and have suffered too long and so has my children, boss, friends, etc.

August 8, 2010 8:59 PM
Review by wise son: User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine): Perhaps the lack of eating too much contributes to some of the good results. People underestimate the importance of good diet and activeness!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 6, 2010 7:36 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I am 23 now and I was diagnosed at the age of 8 with ADHD. I was put on Ritalin until I was 17. Ritalin made me stay up all night, it made me depressed. It was a terrible experience. Adderall really helped me, it keeps me focused and on task and just overall it has changed my life.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 31, 2010 8:40 PM
Review by freddyguinea: User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I recently began taking Adderall 15mg. In terms of mood, I have become less anxious on Adderall. Some people note increased aggression- I feel that I am capable of being more (verbally) aggressive because there is less anxiety to dampen the desire for confrontation. However, I feel more capable of choosing whether or not to pursue confrontation. The other day at the bank, I calmly voiced my discontent over erroneous charges the bank made to my account (for the 3rd time!). When the employee became a bit agitated, I decided to end the conversation rather than escalate the argument. I was satisfied with my performance- I said my piece, got the closet thing to an apology I was going to get, and got out. Adderall seems to make this easier- I don't feel as rev'd up as I would otherwise. Our stress reactions to everyday situations like these are often way out of proportion to the stakes and Adderall seems to dampen down the reaction to something more appropriate. It's a brave new world!

July 4, 2010 10:49 PM
Review by kariered: User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I started this when I was 27 years old, diagnosed as ADHD. I have had problems my entire life with struggling to stay awake (in general), excessive daydreaming, and socializing. This medicine turned my life around. Not only was I able to stop daydreaming, finish a task and make a list (for the first time ever), I felt more confident carrying on group conversations. I also lost a lot of weight, which I did need to do.

July 1, 2010 6:22 PM
Review by GlenbeulahGal: User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine): My son was 7 when he started taking Adderall for his Aspergers Syndrome. He was overweight but after taking the medication for 1.5 years, lost a lot of weight. He is not a picky eater but his appetite was non-existent. There was nothing I could do to get him to eat. We did have to change his medicines and he has since put some weight back on. The medicine did do for us what we needed it to do which was help with his impulsivity.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate