User Reviews for Augmentin

Learn more about Augmentin.

Augmentin review summary

6.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 302 medications used in the treatment of Urinary Tract Infection.

Reviews for Augmentin to treat Urinary Tract Infection

Review by Donna louise (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

After a few days taking Augmentin I had shortness of breath, dizziness and my tongue starting to swell up. My skin felt like was on fire. I had to go to ER, doctor there said I was allergic to that medicine.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 5, 2013 6:03 PM

Review by ohjoy4me:

I took this for my urinary tract infection, and although it cleared that up, one of the side effects of this medicine was diarrhea and thrush. I got both, but the thrush was the worst. I had to stop the course of antibiotics before I should have because of the severity of my thrush which I also passed on to my partner, oh joy. I stopped taking it now 4 days ago and I still have a mild dose of thrush even though I have taken 2 Canestan tablets and now a Pessary... fingers crossed this should be the end of it.

October 24, 2011 1:55 PM

Review by Melani:

I was on Augmentin twice a day for 7 days. I thought I would have diarrhea and cramps, headaches all the fun stuff with antibiotics but all that happened to me is about 2 hours after taking it I found myself VERY sleepy which it was bedtime anyways. Just try to take it 2 to 3 hours BEFORE bed so it won't upset you stomach while you are sleeping. Also what really helped me is drinking Dan Active yogurt so I get no diarrhea while taking it and it works well but I also was taking Culturelle (Probiotics). That AND the yogurt helped with diarrhea very well.

June 5, 2011 3:44 AM