Duac CS Kit gel
Generic Name: clindamycin and benzoyl peroxide (KLIN-da-MYE-sin & BEN-zoe-il per-OX-ide)
Brand Name: Duac CS Kit
Duac CS Kit gel is used for:
Treating severe acne.
Duac CS Kit gel is an antibiotic and drying agent combination. It works by killing the bacteria associated with acne.
Do NOT use Duac CS Kit gel if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Duac CS Kit gel or to lincomycin
- you have a history of Crohn disease or certain severe stomach or bowel problems (eg, ulcerative colitis, regional enteritis, pseudomembranous colitis)
- you have a history of stomach or bowel inflammation or severe diarrhea caused by antibiotic use
- you are using products that contain erythromycin
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Duac CS Kit gel:
Some medical conditions may interact with Duac CS Kit gel. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have stomach or bowel problems
- if you are using other medicines on the skin
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Duac CS Kit gel. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Topical products that contain sulfones (eg, dapsone) because skin and facial hair may change to a yellow or orange color
- Erythromycin because it may decrease Duac CS Kit gel's effectiveness
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Duac CS Kit gel may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Duac CS Kit gel:
Use Duac CS Kit gel as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Use Duac CS Kit gel on a regular schedule to get the most benefit from it.
- Before applying Duac CS Kit gel to the affected areas, gently wash the skin with the soap-free cleanser lotion. Rinse with warm water and pat dry. Apply a thin film of medicine to the affected skin and rub in as directed by your doctor.
- Wash your hands immediately after using Duac CS Kit gel.
- Continue to use Duac CS Kit gel even if your condition improves. Do not miss any doses.
- If you miss a dose of Duac CS Kit gel, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Duac CS Kit gel.
Important safety information:
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you take Duac CS Kit gel before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- Certain acne products that contain benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid can rarely cause serious and sometimes life-threatening allergic reactions or severe irritation. Before first use, you may need to follow certain steps to make sure you do not have an allergic reaction. Use Duac CS Kit gel as you were told by your doctor or read the package label. Discuss any questions or concerns with your doctor.
- Duac CS Kit gel is for external use only. Avoid contact with the eyes, nose, mouth, and other mucous membranes. If you get Duac CS Kit gel in your eyes, rinse them right away with cool water.
- Duac CS Kit gel may bleach hair or colored fabric. Avoid getting Duac CS Kit gel in your hair or on your clothes.
- Duac CS Kit gel may cause you to become sunburned more easily. Avoid the sun, sunlamps, or tanning booths until you know how you react to Duac CS Kit gel. Use a sunscreen or wear protective clothing if you must be outside for more than a short time.
- If your symptoms do not get better or if they get worse, check with your doctor.
- Talk with your doctor before you use any other topical acne medicines or cleansers on your skin.
- Do not use Duac CS Kit gel for other conditions at a later time.
- Long-term or repeated use of Duac CS Kit gel may cause a second infection. Tell your doctor if signs of a second infection occur. Your medicine may need to be changed to treat this.
- Be sure to use Duac CS Kit gel for the full course of treatment. If you do not, the medicine may not clear up your infection completely. The bacteria could also become less sensitive to this or other medicines. This could make the infection harder to treat in the future.
- If severe diarrhea, stomach pain or cramping, or bloody stools develop during treatment or within several months after treatment with Duac CS Kit gel, check with your doctor or pharmacist right away. Do not treat it without first checking with your doctor.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Duac CS Kit gel while you are pregnant. It is not known if this medicine is found in breast milk after topical use. Do not breast-feed while using Duac CS Kit gel.
Possible side effects of Duac CS Kit gel:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Burning, dryness, or peeling of the skin.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); bloody stools; severe burning, dryness, or peeling of the skin; severe or persistent diarrhea; stomach cramps or pain.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately. Duac CS Kit gel may be harmful if swallowed.Proper storage of Duac CS Kit gel:
Store Duac CS Kit gel at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep tightly closed. Throw away any unused portion after 2 months. Keep Duac CS Kit gel out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Duac CS Kit gel, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Duac CS Kit gel is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Duac CS Kit gel or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Duac CS Kit gel. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Duac CS Kit gel. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your health care provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Duac CS Kit gel.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.