User Reviews for Tretinoin

Also known as: Altinac, Atralin, Avita, Obagi, Refissa, Renova, Retin A Micro, Retin-A, Retin-A and Renova, Retisol-A, Stieva-A, Stieva-A Forte, Tretin-X, Vitinoin

Learn more about Tretinoin.

Photoaging of the Skin 11 reviews 10 medications

8.7
Acne 122 reviews 513 medications

8.1
Lichen Sclerosus 0 reviews 62 medications Not rated - Be the first
Necrobiosis Lipoidica Diabeticorum 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Tretinoin reviews 133 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Tretinoin

For Acne: "I am 16 years old and I suffered from acne since I was about 12. I have a very special type of acne. Its very tiny and form in clusters and never come to a head. I had this all over my forehead and cheeks. They would look worse under some lighting and looked awful under makeup. They gave my skin a sandpaper feel. I also got the occasional pimple. I was prescribed this medication by my doctor . I was given a 0.05 tretinoion. My first month was awful. I got the purging and all the pimples were coming to a head. After a couple of weeks my skin was starting to become smooth and healthy! Don't give up on this drug! One recommendation is to keep it up! Don't stop!!"

Acne warrior July 23, 2015

For Acne: "I have been using Retin A 0.025 for a little over 10 weeks. I'm 33 years old and I've never had acne until the past year. I'm assuming it may be hormonal.... I didn't experience the terrible skin peeling and burning most talk about but I'm defiantly breaking out more. I'm going to stick with it until the 12 week mark and I'm done. I know it may take longer but because I only had mild acne to begin with, it's very hard to seeing my ance worsen. I've have some really hard days but I've stuck with this far. I'll see how the next couple weeks go! One thing I have noticed is, my acne lesions seem to scab over and go away pretty fast."

Corieb (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 22, 2015

For Acne: "I am 16 years old andand I am a junior in highschool I started using the acne cream in 9th grade but I stopped over the summer & was on & off during me 10th grade year(I just lost track) but my overall experience is great I love it my only problem is that after a couple of day my chest gets sorta like a rash & it turns really red & hurts. And my face gets painfully irritated. But I have made an appointment to follow up with my dermatologist so yeah. But overall its a really great cream"

Nay1245 July 17, 2015

For Acne: "Since I was 13 I've always had acne. Now as I'm 16, my acne has gotten to its worst so I decided to finally open up my drawer and begin using my Tretinoin Cream 0.025 that I was prescribed to by my Derm 2 months ago but decided not to try since I knew of the purging that would be happening. 2 weeks in and my skin is undoubtedly in its purging phase, although the first week was amazing. My skin was almost clear and had very little inflammation. DO NOT STOP USING THIS PRODUCT! Can't wait to see its results in a couple months. I have a lot of hope for this drug."

daaanaaaaaa (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2015

For Acne: "I started taking tretinoin along with doxycycline antibiotics in November of 2014. It's currently July 2015 and my skin is clear. This stuff is amazing! I used to have severe acne for years. There were some days I didn't even want to step foot out of the house. This medication changed my life. I had tried everything in the past. It definitely takes a while to really see results but it's worth it because my skin is almost completely clear now!"

Akelly99 July 10, 2015

For Acne: "I am 15 years old and started this medicine before I turned 15 .in May , a few weeks before my birthday.thos medication CHANGED MY LIFE! I feel very Confident about my appearance ! I have this mark under my chin that was originally a pimple "

GOOD BYE ACNE !!!! July 7, 2015

For Acne: "Hi everyone! I'm a sixteen year old girl who has been struggling with acne since the beginning of high school. My self confidence definitely crashed and I always seemed to have to cake foundation on my face before going anywhere, and I just wanted my acne to be GONE. So it has been exactly 2 1/2 months since my physician prescribed me to tretinoin Retin-a 0.05%, and the first thing I did was look up reviews about it. I was terrified of the possible "purge" so I waited until a week long break from school to start using it, and to my surprise, no special purge on my skin! My forehead and chin have always been okay; cheeks and nose have been the biggest problem, but generally my skin is smoother and less red! STICK WITH IT!!!"

hoping for better skin!! (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 28, 2015

Retin-A (tretinoin) for Acne: "I wanted to take the time to write a review in the hopes to give at least one person the self confidence boost they need to keep going with Retin-A. I've been waiting for the day I get to write my own review. I officially started using Retin- A .25 just under 4 months ago today. My first day was 3 weeks before my birthday. I remember contacting my Dermo in advance with a million questions and mostly the fear of going through THE PURGE during this busy time filled with celebrations, events, etc. I thankfully, made the gamble and started! I decided it was always be... I'll start next week, next month. Let's be real, when is there ever a good time for acne?! I can only describe the last 4 months as a roller coaster. There will be good days. There will be days you hide inside. At some points I thought I was done purging, then it would come back. IT TAKES TIME. Painful cysts too, that do not go away. I would rather have 20 white head pimples all over than 1 deep painful cyst on my face! It was the most challenging thing I've gone through. It will test your patience. To the point of tears, and why me's! At one point I scheduled an emergency Dermo appt to receive Cortizon injections on 3 cysts that were almost the size of dimes!! I couldn't take it anymore. This was 2.5 months. He sat me down and said it takes 3-4 months for results to be reached and you will hate your dermo for that time and gave me the push to continue to go forward. Here's the good news! I am at my 4 month mark, and I have never been more happy. I haven't had a break out in 1.5 weeks. I don't know the last time I've been able to say that. I can take on the CALI summer and not feel like I'm hiding. My biggest advise is be strong! Tell yourself everyday, it's only 4 months of the rest of your life. Get past the 4-5 month mark and it will all be worth it! The past will be a blur! Good luck and you can do it!"

Cali lady June 23, 2015

Retin-A (tretinoin) for Acne: "Retin-A is great. It helps a lot. It was september 2014 when I decided to go to a dermatologist. She recommended Glycolic Soap (Use night and day), Clarifying Toner in the morning, Clindamycin (night and day), RA Gel every night, and Skinlite cream in the morning for the scars. Last march 2015, My face is already smooth. People were saying that it looks great. Now it's June 2015 and I'm still using RA Gel and Clindamycin, just to maintain my skin. Reminder: Please when you start using RA Gel, do not stop. The pimples will come back... Worse!"

I WAS June 11, 2015

Retin-A (tretinoin) for Acne: "Today is my first day using Retain A 0.04% microderm Gel. I work in a pharmacy and the Rph told me when using this gel I have to also use clindamyacin 1% lotion before the gel. She also told me to use minocycline 100 mg capsules as well. Anyway , she said it will work alone but will work excellent together( gel & lotion). Then the capsules will top it off. My face (due a thyroidectomy that was performed) was always CLEAR. Within 6 months I had a lot of scars and pimples galore . I tried Epiduo, Nuquin, proactive, RX for brown skin, no7 everything but my hormones are out of wack. Hopefully this combo will work. Will keep ya posted."

Yana34 (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2015

Retin-A (tretinoin) for Acne: "If you've come here looking for some hope on whether Retin A works or not than your answer is yes! I have been struggling with acne for almost 3 years now I want to think its a phase but who knows. I started retin A Febuary 2015 and it is now May 2015 and my skin looks AMAZING. Trust me I had that "purging" phase and it sucked so bad I didn't even want to go out and public because of how bad my face was. If you feel like it isn't working give it TIME, time and patient is key when using this product. I went through two purging phases during week 3 and 5 but after that it was pretty much a smooth ride. STICK WITH IT! Give it 3-4 months!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2015

For Acne: "its been about 1 month and 2 weeks that I been using this cream and it has worked wonders. It took about 3 weeks to completely see some difference in my face but my skin now feels smoother and I only have a few break outs left to work on but I can actually go out without having to apply make up. At the beginning your skin starts peeling off but that's a good thing meaning you are growing new healthy skin. I'm def. sticking to this lotion!"

Anonymous May 13, 2015

For Acne: "I had acne since 11 and I'm now 22, but Retin A really helped my get rid of them in 3 months. (I also cut dairy which is what I believe had caused my acne.) I started using retin A at 0.025->0.05% and I am seeing huge difference in my skin. Pores are significantly smaller as all my friends have complimented on how good my skin looks. Scars are going away faster than they do normally. I didn't have initial breakout like most people have. There's only occasional peeling when I don't drink enough water. I do notice my skin regenerate A LOT faster so remember to gently exfoliate your skin (light med peel). Amazing as it sounds, do give it a few months (or more depending on how your skin reacts to it). Going for 0.1% and I'll see how it goes!"

It works! (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 7, 2015

For Acne: "I have been using this product every night for a year, and see absolutely no difference in my acne. I still have breakouts, and oily skin all the time"

bad acne (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 3, 2015

For Acne: "After countless fails of using different cleansers and over the counter products I was prescribed a combination of Tretinoin (.025%) and Clindamycin, both topical medications along with 100mg minocycline antibiotics. I have severe acne, cysts on my back chest, and face. I use a pea size amount of Tretinoin at night before bed and the Clindamycin phosphate solution in the morning. I am 2 weeks in and I have had some breakouts on my forehead only. I am extremely active athlete so that can be the reason. My chest and back after week one has went through such drastic changes. Scars are minimized and red flares decreased. Just like any medication you have to sacrifice through the initial phases in order for it to kick in and start working."

chaqui (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2015

Retin-A (tretinoin) for Acne: "I was on the 0.1 cream started Oct 2014 and ended early March.. I got it for whiteheads and uneven skin tone. After 4 1/2 months whiteheads diminished but left with even more scarring. We are going in to May and my skin hasn't healed. Just ugly red chickenpox on my face. :( Another con about this product I see that my skin texture isn't the same. When I was on it it was smooth but after I finished the tube it's just dull and my pores are huge. It just looks terrible and so much thinner, and my skin tone is still uneven It's depressing how much this cream has given me the uglies. It aged my skin 20 yrs. I'm only 23 and female btw. I don't know what to do now."

emannn April 25, 2015

Retin-A (tretinoin) for Acne: "Well I started using retin a cream .25 about a month and 3 weeks ago. I started by using every 3 day for one month and then using it every other day. My face has gotten red and my acne scars seem to be more noticeable but around my eyes are really white, so you can imagine how I look. Well I'm not sure if this is part of the process, I'm going to stick with it one more month and see what happens. I use cerave pm moisturizer after applying and yes I use a moisturizer with spf 50 during the day that is a cetaphil product. So I really hope this is just a phase I'm going through, I'll update in a month."

That guy with the bad skin (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 24, 2015

Retin-A (tretinoin) for Acne: "I was suffering from acne due to my sensitive skin and severe summer heat. I tried my teenage time acne cream in my late twenties but i felt it was too mild to work on my much matured skin like now. Then one of my friend, was a satisfied user of Retin A , suggested me to use Retin A 0.05%. I stated it in the winter to avoid over sweating and heat of summer. I face little flaky skin. first 2 weeks my acne breakout little more than the usual. but after that, acne seemed to be decreased. Whenever I feel too dry skin other than the acne affected area, I used pure Vaseline. Now I am cured and my skin is glowing. I am continuing the use of Retin A with my regular night cream as anti-aging properties. And I am quite satisfied with this."

khadija mariam (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 22, 2015

For Acne: "I've been using this for about 3 weeks now and at first there was a lot of peeling. And one day I think I used too much and my cheecks became inflamed and irritated. It looked like I had a really bad sun burn in the fall. As of right now this gel has only made my skin worst. I have dark marks on my cheeks and in the corner of my mouth. I look horrible! These reviews say to keep going and be patient. But if I don't see results soon I will be forced to stop."

Markeeta (taken for less than 1 month) April 16, 2015

For Acne: "As someone who's had moderate-severe acne for 8 years and tried just about every typical prescription for acne I was finally put on tretinoin combined with antibiotics. It's caused a lot of dryness and peeling which was to be expected. I know that this medication is supposed to take a long time to see the positive results, but 3 and a half months in I still haven't seen too much improvement. It actually smoothed out my forehead a lot which I'm glad to see, but in contrast the sides of my cheeks (which weren't my problem areas) have broken out into small, rough bumps for many months now. And my chin, which was full of painful, deep cystic pimples, have not changed at all. It was worth a shot but I think it's just not for me..."

It was worth a try (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2015

For Acne: "I've been using the 0.025 dosage and my skin is the smoothest its ever been. My worst nightmare was coming to school with cakey makeup and pimples peaking through. It's been three months and my skin is 100% clear with light scars. This is the best thing I ever did for my skin!!"

haleyfam April 7, 2015

Retin-A (tretinoin) for Acne: "Yes it works. That's the question you have and it does. If you have time read my story it'll be worth it. I'm 17 and live in my miami so the weather here is pretty much hot all year around. I'm not an active outside person so I do not getting acne because of sports or anything. I guess its just a phase. I've had acne since 6th grade and its sucked. I finally made an appointment with the dermatologist December 11. He prescribed me Tretenoin also known as retin a 0.1%, the strongest strength. And Clindamycin phosphate lotion as the antibiotic. So I was told to apply Clindamycin every night, and retin a every three nights, but let's face it. We all think applying it daily will help you get results faster. Well it doesn't, all it does is irrita"

Makeupjunky97 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 26, 2015

For Acne: "I love this cream. My doctor prescribed this to me for acne (cystic, and blackheads). This was a dream cream for me. I am 23 years old and have been suffering from acne since about 14. Ive never had clear skin since using this stuff - and ive tried every product - even then expensive luxury products. This smoothed my skin after 2 weeks of use, made my hyper pigmentation from years of acne drastically improve. I do understand this is very drying, because it is speeding up creating new layers of skin. Because I don't want to be blotchy with dry patches all the time, I use this cream every other night, and moisturize thoroughly the next morning. I couldn't be happier with this cream because I'm finally able to not wear as much make up!!!!"

Elisabeth2 March 22, 2015

For Acne: "I am about to start using retin A. I really do not have facial acne. The little pimples r nothing to mention. My issue is body acne (ew). I have acne on all of my upper body. My arms, shoulders and especially my back. Especially my back. Plus I had chicken pox last summer so I have a lot of scarring. I have noticed that my face gets rid of scarring quite easily. My face is clear and ok... just a bit of discolouration. No biggie. So I wanna know if I can get .025 % to begin with rather than .01% or should I just work my way up. Also... when someone says "work your way up" do they mean to finish a tube with a certain strength then move to a higher concentration. Also, can I stop using it and be fine or will it cause me to break out after I stop?"

Cj Apollo March 18, 2015

For Acne: "This stuff is amazing. Not only for acne and acne scars, but for its anti-aging benefits too. I experience moderate hormonal acne breakouts on my chin/jaw area. While Tretinoin doesn't exactly stop my breakouts completely, it helps control my skin when I do have a breakout. I feel any pimples clear up and heal much quicker and any spotty discolouration that occurs after spots heal disappears much quicker. This stuff has especially done wonders for fine lines around my eyes and between my brows. My skin tone is more even, pores are smaller and condition of my skin/complexion is far nicer. My skin peeled a lot during the first few weeks- use once every few nights until your skin adjusts. I use nightly now with no problems."

FAC419 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 16, 2015

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next