User Reviews for Tretinoin

Also known as: Altinac, Atralin, Avita, Refissa, Renova, Retin A Micro, Retin-A, Retin-A and Renova, Retisol-A, Stie Vaa Forte, Stievaa, Tretin-X, Vitinoin

Learn more about Tretinoin.

Photoaging of the Skin 10 reviews 12 medications

8.6
Acne 89 reviews 507 medications

8.1
Lichen Sclerosus 0 reviews 79 medications Not rated - Be the first
Necrobiosis Lipoidica Diabeticorum 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Tretinoin reviews 99 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Tretinoin

Review by yesmeen:

Retin-A (tretinoin) for Acne: I have only been using this with benzaclin for about 2 months and I can already see an improvement. My pores are smaller, skin is smoother and my tone is more even. I am 25 and have tried almost everything! I use benzaclin in the morning and Retin-A at night. For the first month I noticed 0 improvement, but now im starting to see it!

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 24, 2015 3:57 PM

Review by sophisticatediva (taken for less than 1 month):

For Acne: I went to the dermatologist 4 weeks ago and he prescribed trentoin 0.05%. I have hormonal acne therefore I have breakouts on my chin, cheeks and jaw. I have mild to moderate acne. Tretinoin dries my skin. I use it every other night. I use Cerave foaming facewash and Cerave am facial lotion. During the first week my skin looked worse. However, I can see the difference in my skin. My skin looks clear and my acne has reduced. The only con to tretinoin is that it DRIES your skin.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 11, 2015 11:27 PM

Review by Mina myu:

For Acne: My doctor prescribed me this cream called tretinoin .01% cream. I've been using this cream for 1 week now and it really dried and peek my skin. I apply moisturizer in the morning but it makes my face looks red and discoloration. But I started to see a little result, it fades the bumps and acne scars on my face ( some of them not all) . After I've read the reviews , I think it helped me to be patient , I will stick with it.

January 6, 2015 6:03 AM

Review by Mon5544:

For Acne: This was a great cream. My dermotaligist recommended this for me mixed with a little hydroquinone cream and I use it before I go to bed. It helped soo much with my acne! I had really dark scars and now most of them are gone. I even break out less

December 26, 2014 2:38 AM

Review by Hormone monster (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Acne: Tretinoin 0.025 helped me tremendously. 1 hour after cleansing I put it on, no peeling. Took 2 months to see results. First tone of the skin improved, then smaller and smaller break outs. I had like lumps under my skin before. If skin dries too much I use all natural products like shea butter to moisturise. Works. Now after 6 months of bi-daily use NO ACNE!!!! Whohoo! Did not think a cream would work for a severe acne I had. I don't even need the stronger version 0.05%. Skin is plump and not dry. Scars begin to fade, too.

December 21, 2014 5:40 AM

Review by Jessiejm:

For Acne: My doctor says I have mild ance, but I would say I have more moderate to severe acne. I was prescribed this product and have been using it for about a week. This product has dried out my skin insanely, and has made my face incredibly red. My skin has also begun to flare up since using it. After reading the reviews, I am going to stay patient and hope for the best on this product.

December 20, 2014 10:52 PM

Review by 98hondadawn (taken for 10 years or more):

Retin-A (tretinoin) for Photoaging of the Skin: Been using Retin A for over 10 years, for photo aging and acne. I'm 51 and routinely am told I look like my 33 yo daughter & I could be sisters. I'm also a sunscreen fanatic & I believe that's the key to maintaining your results. This product truly does work. You have to be patient and practice overall good skin care - but this works.

December 6, 2014 11:14 PM

Review by Alexis Moore:

For Acne: My experience with Tretinoin Cream, USP .025%, has been awesome! I'm a 16 year old who started, from breaking out every day, black spots on my face everywhere, extreme cystic acne, I felt terrible. I remember looking in the mirror and feeling that I was beautiful BUT if only my acne could go away, there was always a but. In fact, I even cried at one point at how horrible my skin was, it seemed as if everyone noticed. I remember one girl even referring to me as "spotted bump face," in which she then proceeded to laugh, making a joke off of my insecurities. NOW 3 months later my face is absolutely smooth, I rarely ever wear make up, my spots are barely visible, and the acne? IT'S GONE! It's like a miracle. I recommend anyone to stick it out!

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 20, 2014 10:39 PM

Review by Masha7:

Atralin (tretinoin) for Acne: Amazing! It was very difficult at first -- had a lot of peeling, dryness, and breakouts but I stuck it out. After about 4-5 months I starting seeing a major improvement and now my skin is very smooth. Not only does it take care of acne but it smooths out fine lines. Great product, highly recommend. Try to stay patient through the first couple of months.

November 10, 2014 7:39 PM

Review by Tretinoin user:

For Acne: I've been using tretinoin cream 0.05% for one month now, I've had a lot of itching burning peeling and yes a whole lot more breaking out. I bear the pain and suffering from this medicine and I'm very happy I did because my face is looking so much better and my acne is clearing up. I use it only in the night 20 min after washing my face with Cerava face wash along with Cerava SA lotion in the morning as my moisturizer and I have to say it's working very well. If you are using Tretinoin and you getting more break outs do not discontinue this medication keep on using it you will get great results.

November 7, 2014 9:48 PM

Review by Bill8392 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Acne: Ive never done a review, so thats saying something here. I've only been on Retin-A for about two weeks and I'm already seeing fantastic results. I had mild acne usually one to two cystic like pimples always on my face, and tons of blackheads across my chin and had two giant red splotches of skin near the corners of my mouth for months! Two weeks of 0.1% and they're already fading! The pimples are already gone too! Only been dealing with some mild peeling, dryness and slight redness of the skin but I know that's normal. I never thought I'd feel fine going out in public ever again.

November 4, 2014 2:39 AM

Review by 342Madison:

For Acne: I have been using it for a week combined with Aczone. I am already seeing results! It does however make my skin really dry but I will take that over acne.

November 3, 2014 1:04 PM

Review by College Girl (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Retin-A (tretinoin) for Acne: I'm a young woman in my early twenties with moderate acne. If you're just starting Retin-A, STICK WITH IT I started using Retin-A (0.01%) every night in December of 2013. I was very frustrated because my acne became worse for about 2 months. However, I stuck with it and by July 2014 my acne had noticeably decreased. It is now October 2014 and I've been getting compliments on how great my skin looks! For the first time in years, I don't feel like I have to wear liquid foundation to cover up my acne. If you experience flaking, remember that moisturization is key if you're using Retin-A!

October 28, 2014 1:24 AM

Review by nurseyA (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Retin-A (tretinoin) for Acne: Retin-A truly did a 360 on my skin. I have mild to moderate breakouts with terrible hormonal flare ups. Hence when I first tried Retin-A over a year ago, it only worked for a short while and then I discovered I was expecting and had to stop using it. Glowing during pregnancy led to return of the bumps around my chin and forehead postpartum. Now I'm back on 0.025% and am in love with my skin again. Smooth, healthy, and rosy looking even when that time comes. It started working immediately. I skip every third night to keep from over drying and desensitizing. Goodluck all.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 27, 2014 3:19 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: I have recently been prescribed Tretinoin 0.25%. I have been applying it for about a month now. At first my skin was terribly dry and painful. With the use of moisturizer it's not noticeable. I apply the medication at night before I go to bed. My acne has not gone away yet but my skin is much smoother and any new zits that do pop-up are gone immediately. From the experiences of other people, sounds like this medication just needs time and a patient with patience!

October 27, 2014 12:54 AM

Review by Gloria91:

For Acne: I have been on tretinoin since the end of September I almost immediately saw improvement in my skin. However around last week (week 4) my skin broke out. Almost every part of my cheek to above my eyebrow was covered in small little pimples. Can anyone tell me if this is normal or if there is a solution. The doctor also prescribed my bleaching cream (hydroquinone) for my dark spots as well as a bp wash and doxycycline oral antibiotics.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 25, 2014 2:27 PM

Review by steph123_:

For Acne: i have been using since the first week of August and now its October I see improvement but I still have scars and get pimples here and there and all my breakouts are gone and hopefully after 12 weeks I see more improvement.

October 4, 2014 10:33 AM

Review by okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk:

For Acne: I've been using this cream every night for about a month now, I wash my face then put it on and go to sleep. A lot of my acne has cleared and now I only have small bumps on my jaw but this product DRIES out your skin. There is nothing I can't do, and I moisturize daily but it is ruining my face. My makeup looks patchy and bad and I can't do anything about it.

October 2, 2014 1:13 PM

Review by Cari15:

For Acne: 20 year old female, have been using this for more than 12 months.The first few weeks my face was slightly red and irritated so I added oil free moisturizer before applying. I also experienced an initial breakout but after a little over 2 months my face started to clear up. Now I'm 100% clear and it's helping me get rid of scars and red marks. Patience is really the key with this treatment.

September 26, 2014 2:11 AM

For Acne: 20 yr old female with moderate acne. I was prescribed this cream at 0.025% about a year ago my doctor told me to expect it to get worse before it gets better. She was not kidding, after I started using it my cheeks were constantly breaking out huge very painful swollen pimples. I had to sleep on my back because my face touching a pillow was excruciating. Whenever it seemed to be getting better it would get bad again. My doctor upped my dose to 0.050% and also added an antibiotic to my regimen after three months and no improvements. Since then my acne is between mild and moderate but never clear. My experience with this cream was not a good one, I stuck with it for a full year to be back where I started.

September 11, 2014 3:58 PM

Review by Hmm55:

For Acne: I've been using Tretinion for a week now & it has only made my face breakout more. Still using it to see if it gets better. My doctor told me it pushes out all of the gunch out of my pours. Which make sense to why I'm breaking out. Hoping it gets better in the next 1 to 2 weeks from now. Will keep updated. Pray for my skin!

August 16, 2014 11:39 PM

Review by AvG1 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Acne: I was suffering from moderate acne from when I was 16 but I did nothing and they cleared up in about 8-9 months and then after a year my acne flared up again and they were more bad cystic acne on my cheeks, nose, chin, forehead, and small whiteheads all over face. Doctor gave me tretinion cream with a cream called Fusate-B for a month I have been using it for 2 weeks and it has made my 70% pimples vanish and yes I get breakouts but very small with small pimples. I have wheat complexion so those pimple left me with black spots and they have also faded about 20-30% I have never imagined this good results in 2 weeks I will continue this for months and see what happens.

August 10, 2014 3:19 AM

Review by Gambit (taken for less than 1 month):

For Acne: I'm a 20 year old male and I have what they call "mild acne". My face was covered in small bumps and little whiteheads. I've been on tretinoin .025% for 3 weeks and my face is already 90% clear. I never went through an initial breakout and so far my face hasn't become sensitive to sunlight. I even went sunbathing a few times with no trouble. This worked very very fast and cleared about 60% of my hyperpigmentation so far. I swear it even reduced some wrinkles! My complexion looks a lot healthier and I'm proud to finally say that I can look in the mirror without fear anymore! I couldn't have asked for a better product. Highly recommended for mild adult acne.

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 9, 2014 4:03 PM

Review by carlyyyyy (taken for less than 1 month):

For Acne: I had cysitic acne that would pop up mainly around my chin and sometimes my cheeks. I've been to many dermatologists and have tried so many solutions. I've tried Proactiv, Acayna cream, and antibiotics, but nothing seemed to show a significant improvement. Once I was prescribed Tretinoin Cream, 0.025%, I was truly skeptical as to how much it would improve my scarring and acne. Now, after about only 3 and a half weeks of using it, I couldn't be more pleased. My scars have significantly faded, I have 0 pimples. My face looks amazing. I can literally walk around without makeup. I don't remember the last time I could do that! I HIGHLY recommend this product to anyone who has bad scarring, or acne.

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 2, 2014 6:56 PM

Review by Dreamgirl79 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Atralin (tretinoin) for Acne: I have never written a review about a product until now! I'm a 34 year old female & started getting chin acne in my late twenties- nothing helped, I tried everything from Proactiv to Tretonion to antibiotics! About 4 months ago my dermatologist put me on Atralin & oh my what a difference in 4 months! I even go without makeup now! I never get a pimple now it's wonderful & it makes my skin look Dewey & hydrated not dried out & flakey as with the Tretonion I tried. Highly recommend Atralin!

May 15, 2014 8:36 PM