User Reviews for Duac

7.7
Summary of Duac reviews 31 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Duac

Review by Reg13: User Rating:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: This product is a lifesaver! I use Duac at night in combination with Differin in the morning and Sumadan wash before I apply both, and it has done wonders for my skin. I broke out terribly last year (I was 15 then) with huge white heads and bumps all across my forehead and T-zone, and the occasional chin zit. I began using this in June and by the end of the summer my acne was COMPLETELY gone. Aside from being slightly drying (which is totally fine so long as you use a moisturizer 30 minutes after applying) this medicine is wonderful. I'd definitely recommend this to anyone struggling with moderate to severe acne, but don't be disappointed if it doesn't work right away like it did for me. Also, the tube lasted me forever! Almost 9 months.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 17, 2014 9:47 PM
Review by AcneSurvivor101 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: Great product but the side effects are awful! I've been using Duac for a week now and literally all of my blackheads have disappeared it's amazing! My spots have also shrank in size a lot and have almost healed and my scars are fading too. The only trouble I have had with Duac is that when I first put it on it dried my skin out a lot and made it extremely flaky and then when I continued to use it, applying it on most of the area of my face I woke up the next morning and both of my cheeks were burning, bright red and really itchy. I stopped using it for a couple of days until the redness had gone and then applied a smaller amount, but still the burning and itchy sensation has returned.

February 15, 2014 5:42 PM
Review by Mel007: User Rating:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: What an amazing product. I have struggled with acne for about 10 years (now 22), my entire T-zone has always had blackheads which (although not good for the skin) I have been extracting almost every second day. It has made me extremely frustrated that no matter how much money I spend on keeping my skin healthy, it was always a temporary fix. I wanted an alternative to the pill as I was terrified of the side effects it came with. The doctor gave me Duac. I have been using this product every night (after I moisturize) and I am now on my fifth day - ALL OF MY BLACKHEADS ARE GONE. Don't ask me how! I have not had any peeling, dryness, redness or burning. There is only a small tingling sensation when applied. This is a lifesaver of a product.

February 9, 2014 10:02 PM
Review by Jodiea80: User Rating:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: Prescribed by the doctor as after coming off the pill I broke out in spots. First time I used it I had a severe reaction. I felt a burning & tight sensation on my face, looked in the mirror & it looked like I had been burnt. I took an antihistamine straight away. Nothing changed after 2 hours so attended the hospital who advised me that I had received the worst allergic reaction they had ever seen.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 1, 2014 12:24 PM
Review by JessLT: User Rating:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: I've only been using this for 4 days so far. I put it all over my face because it says to use on the "area" that is spot-prone, and all of my face gets spotty, though not at the same time. I have pretty sensitive skin anyway, but this stuff BURNS! And my face is red raw for the next 3 or 4 hours. I put it on in the evening and by morning I'm no longer red and stinging. It has also made me extremely dry and flaky and tight skinned, which is to be expected, but I can't bear it so put on moisturiser almost immediately afterwards, which may be slowing down the process. It hasn't helped my acne yet, but I'm hoping with a little patience and pain-tolerance it will do the job!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 21, 2014 1:17 AM
Review by Lace1234: User Rating:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: I have been using for about 2 weeks now. It works a little, but it takes a long time. But I have noticed my acne scars going away. But, it makes my face red, and it burns really bad! So much that most of the time, I'll go and wash it off with freezing cold water.

January 13, 2014 1:32 AM
Review by Jess2013: User Rating:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: I used Duac after being prescribed it for a good six months (on repeat prescription). To begin with, my skin flared up bright red and it dried my skin out terribly. I then reduced the amount I was using from the fingertip amount which is recommended on the box to the merest bit on each area of acne. This worked a treat, and within 2-3 weeks my skin was looking much better. Over the next 6 months or so, my skin improved and I only had a small break out once in a while. However, I felt that after using it for 6 months, my skin had become accustomed to it and I was having more and more break outs. I stayed off the cream for a good four months. I am now back on the cream, and going through the phase of the skin drying out etc.

January 4, 2014 11:00 AM
Review by marivie (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: I applied Duac on my face as instructed and after 2 days of using it, I noticed that my pimples started to disappear but the problem is my whole face got swollen, itchy and red. I can't even sleep and go to school for days. So what I did is I visited my doctor again and told me that those were the side effects of the product and told me to stop using it. To relieve the stinging and redness I used an ice pack on my face and put moisturizer non stop. Luckily, after a few days the swelling and redness disappeared. Thank God my acne disappeared and since then whenever pimples appear on my face, I just applied the gel directly on the pimples.

December 23, 2013 9:33 AM
Review by GsGirl (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: As far as the medicine doing what it is supposed to do, it's great. It dries acne (even severe acne, in my case). Unfortunately, it also caused me to have systemic side effects - rare, but they do happen. I developed ringing in my ears and had to stop using it. After a month I tried using it again, and the ringing returned. I've been keeping careful track of my usage of it and the episodes of ringing in my ear, and they match. I'm probably one in a thousand that this has happened to, but being a musician, I need to be able to hear. My dermatologist and I will be meeting next week to discuss this and see if there are any other options for me.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 5, 2013 12:05 PM
Review by Lol202 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: I really recommend this product! I've had acne on my chin for about 6 years now, with my skin still being dry & sensitive, I use a really gentle cleanser then 20 minutes later I use the Duac, very sparingly! Then aqueous moisturizer 20 minutes after that. It works for me & I've seen a drastic improvement in just 2 weeks, stick in there! It made my acne worse at first, I think this is the purging process, hope this helps!

November 16, 2013 3:35 AM
Review by HhhJbone: User Rating:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: My doctor prescribed me this gel for my mild to many spots on my face and back. The first day I applied it the next morning my face was almost clear of blackheads and I had noticed an improvement however I decided to do what may have been a really foolish thing. I applied it on all of my cheeks and basically most of my face, the parts which rarely had spots on. I woke up the next day to a stinging bright red face. My skin was so so dry. It was patchy orange and red, it was half peeling and it looked like I was wearing patchy foundation.

October 15, 2013 5:12 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: Duac has magical effect in just two days. Duac gave me very good results but it makes my skin dry and when I use it, first day it makes my skin too red but when redness is gone, my skin clear.

September 29, 2013 12:07 PM
Review by loz8877 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: I'm 26 and have suffered with acne since my early teens. Sometimes mild other times I've not wanted to walk out the door. In recent years I've been diagnosed with polycystic ovaries syndrome, which has a side effect of acne. After years of trying so many creams, washes, old wives tales, etc. my doc finally gave me Duac! AMAZING! My chin was severely swollen with spots that were red raw. After a week of use it was like a miracle! If I could upload my pics I so would. My skin was near perfect. I now use Duac along with Proactiv 1,2,3 kit and my skin has never looked so good. I even get so many compliments and I feel confident now. I highly recommend! Good luck!

September 16, 2013 5:50 PM
Review by nickname: User Rating:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: I have only been using Duac gel for three days now, so far it has evened out my skin a lot, in terms of redness and improved my spots from the first application. It does seems my spots are getting slightly worse, but I think it has to get worse in order to get better. I do get a bit of dryness but no other side effects. So far very impressed.

September 7, 2013 6:45 PM
Review by sea turtle: User Rating:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: I have had moderate acne since I was 13 I am now 15 I have used Duac cream for about a year. First it worked wonders and my skin cleared completely however I started to get acne on my chest and shoulders and found the cream didn't work for me in those areas I have also started to find my skin is becoming more resident to the cream so I have now been given Zineryt. Duac is definitely an amazing cream for acne maybe I will go back to it after giving my skin a break.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 13, 2013 6:56 PM
Review by Megsy89 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: Love this and its only been three days. I have had acne since I was 16 and just put up with it after trying Proactiv, Chinese medicine, every brand of stuff from supermarket and chemist (well almost) the Dianne contraceptive combination pill, changing diet, washing face compulsively and also washing face less often! Nothing seemed to work! After having my son 3 months ago and frustrated with my acne I decided to ask the doctor! I got a sample tube of this miracle cream and noticed a huge improvement on first application, after half a day my acne was less raised and my older spots were healed with just a little bit of redness! Into my third day and I'm so impressed, gained a bit of confidence back and feeling good about myself!

July 11, 2013 10:03 AM
Review by ALeader20: User Rating:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: Duac is a great acne topical cream but it works better if you take oral acne medications has well. It takes a couple of weeks for skin to completely look better but stick with it. Use it once a day before going to bed and I normally cleanse with Aveeno clear complexion but Prascion as well if you ask your doctor. I have suffered with acne since I was 14 and now I'm twenty and minocycline with Duac saved my high school life.

January 15, 2012 12:20 AM

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: I had really bad acne. The pill takes about 3 weeks to kick in. The creams help a lot too! Although they do dry your skin out.. Just put some baby lotion on your face - works for back arms and chest as well.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 16, 2011 2:26 AM
Review by chlo: User Rating:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: I have been using this cream for over a year now and my spots have cleared, do still get the occasional one now and then but that's normal. Duac cream has reduced the darkness of my blackhead as well. I have also been noticing my skin has been quite red, so I've laid of the cream for a while and just been using a scrub before bed to see. Overall I would recommend this to anyone, but there are side effects if you are allergic to some of the products in it. Ask your doctor for more information. Hope this helped.

November 30, 2011 7:01 PM
Review by Patriotdoc: User Rating:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): Duac works great for my rosacea, the first medicine I've ever had that really works for me. I've used it for about 5 years now.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 4, 2010 10:05 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: Have tried this for several months at a time, about a year apart. I'm 37 with 3 kids and more acne than when I was 15. It somewhat helps with NO drying, which is a nice change from most other topicals. BUT it totally bleaches out any fabrics your fingers or face come into contact with, even when I thought I was careful. My pillow cases are stained out from this, as are my towels. (Iits applied at night, hence the pillow). My bumpy face is smoother, but pimples still present, despite a thorough cleansing regimen with high-quality natural cleansers.

September 24, 2010 12:38 AM
Review by Charles Shepherd: User Rating:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: This stuff is magical, it works really really well. Although my skin dried out and went red occasionally, this was solved with a bit of E45 moisturiser in the morning after my Duac at night. WARNING: DO NOT GET IN EYES OR ANY OTHER MUCUS MEMBRANES(lips, mouth etc.) I didn't take any notice and put it NEAR my eyes (just on the bags underneath the eye) and it dried out my eyes the next morning, having eye drops for 3 days. But, if the instructions are followed correctly, Duac is great.

December 16, 2009 4:24 PM
Review by Rugerbear: User Rating:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: Works well for acne, took for a week or two. Caused lots of irritation (burned) especially if I used daily.

October 12, 2009 1:23 AM
Review by Momma girl: User Rating:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: The product is working so well for my athletic pre-teen daughter. As she began to get very involved with sports, a lot of sweat and acne came. Now, using Duac, her acne has cleared and is under control. Her face isn't so oily like before. She has a couple of blemishes, but nothing at all like before!

October 10, 2009 10:33 PM
Review by From Houston: User Rating:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: This really works. I used it for a week and my acne cleared but I found out using a bit to much will dry your face up and itch badly, but worth it, well for me. I was also given DIFFERIN with it, makes a good combination.

September 18, 2009 12:58 AM