Medication Guide App

8.2
Summary of Duac reviews 52 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Duac

Review by Kistina:

For Acne: I am 29 years old and a regular acne sufferer. I have comedones, blackheads, pimples which are not nice at all. So I went to visit a dermatologist just last Sep.2014 and she prescribed me Duac Gel to be use once daily at night after cleansing and been using it until now and it shows great improvement. One tube is good enough to be use for two months after opening and not that expensive. Just follow your doctor's instruction. My acne is mild to moderate and I recommend this one.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 5, 2015 2:54 PM

Review by Jonathanjoe (taken for less than 1 month):

For Acne: I got prescribed this a few month ago and I seen a difference within a week or so UNTIL I noticed how dry and flaky my skin was getting I couldn't bare it no longer as I was itch, itch and itch HOWEVER I was back to my doctors and got prescribed the same stuff only this time I am going to give it time and hope for the best results.

February 28, 2015 3:29 AM

Review by ceejay-oz:

For Acne: I was given samples from my GP. Started to use it after the second night I notices a huge difference. My acne caused my polycystic ovarian syndrome symptoms (I don't have it only the symptoms) started to get smaller. The redness is slowly going & I've noticed one side has significantly reduced with acne. Using it on my pores and blackhead as well and they have shrunk. Only down side is it stains bed sheets but apart from that no negative review. Hoping this works permanently so I don't need to go on Roaacutane.

January 30, 2015 9:12 AM

Review by Isisd (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: Made my face really itchy and red so that I could stop scratching it, which caused the acne to spread further.

January 26, 2015 7:06 PM

Review by Kirstlaw:

For Acne: I didn't have bad acne whatsoever it was just random spots which kept on coming & going and I just wanted rid! I was so embarrassed to take my makeup off Infront of my boyfriend & friends because I felt so ugly which resulted in me wearing more & more makeup everyday ( which probably didn't help my skin much more ) but once I got prescribed this by the doctors it was the best ever! Although it left me with dry skin it was so good, I felt fresher and the best part was that people started to notice I wasn't bothered about taking my makeup off! I'm a 19 year old girl and it's all about makeup & looking good nowadays and spots / acne is awful to have Hope this helps!!

January 13, 2015 4:05 PM

Review by Taylah (taken for less than 1 month):

For Acne: I'm 15 and have been using this for just under a month. The first week it made my face really red, dry and itchy but I just used some moisturizer and hour after I put it on, or just put up with it. Now after a few weeks it does not burn or anything, pimples have cleared up so much! I have not even consistent in using it as it is the holidays but lately I have been and they are already clearing up! I have pimples all over my face, my forehead and temple have pretty much cleared, just waiting on the chin. Along with a good cleanser this stuff is amazing!

January 9, 2015 7:53 PM

Review by sunnycoast:

For Acne: I had lots of comedones and just plain old acne. The creams my doctor prescribed were no longer working and I went to the dermatologist. He prescribed Duac in the morning and Retin-A 0.1% at night. He told me Duac kills current breakouts and prevents them. Within three days, my acne was already drying up and going away. My face was pretty dry and burned for the first week so it took a while to get used to the medicine. It's been about two months now and my skin is pimple free and now my acne scars/redness is still fading. I'm very happy with this medicine although it is quite pricey ($70 with insurance for me). Dermatologist also recommended the VaniCream gentle cleansing bar to wash my face with and it's great and gentle!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 2, 2015 12:06 PM

Review by IrishGirl14 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: I always had clear skin, then when I turned 19 my skin broke out mostly all over my chin, so many tiny "under skin" bumps and then big cystic red acne that wouldn't develop a head and took a long time to heal, after three months of my skin (chin) being completely destroyed with acne, my doctor prescribed Duac. Within a week my skin was completely clear. I did have dryness, so I made sure I washed my face with a gentle soap and an exfoliating brush in the morning and moisturized, then did the same at night before applying only a pea sized amount of Duac to ONLY my chin, where most of my spots appeared! It works amazing, but I would ensure I moisturized A LOT with this product and only use the prescribed amount once a day.

December 20, 2014 6:35 PM

For Acne: I was prescribed this cream by my doctor and its brilliant! I've seen a lot of comments saying that it burns and it made peoples faces itchy but not everyone has the same skin. Our skin will react in different ways. But I have to say after the 1st time of using it the blackheads on my nose got smaller. I would highly recommend this cream. However it does leave my skin a bit dry and flaky but on the instruction sheet it says you can use a perfume free moisturiser or stop using it for a couple of days.

December 20, 2014 11:44 AM

Review by Sozza (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: I started using Duac and within 8-10 days my face was completely clear of acne however when I came back to use it, it wasn't as effective as the first time.

December 3, 2014 3:45 AM

Review by smify (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Acne: All I can say is wow! Fantastic product I've had acne for about 20 years I'm 34, and nothing worked for me and at my age and still spotty its very depressing, then my doctor told me about Duac. I used it for about a week and my face went a bit dry so I gave it a couple of days and started again and now my face is completely clear and my scars have faded! If you have got acne then this is amazing! I've never been so happy with my skin and I'm getting married soon and over the moon that my face will be clear for that.

December 2, 2014 4:25 PM

Review by jassie1991:

For Acne: I had a breakout of acne all over my forehead and chin, after 4 days of using Duac my skin has completely healed up and even without leaving the red marks I usually get when a spot has gone, very impressed, will not be using anything else other than Duac from now on!

November 17, 2014 2:34 AM

Review by Kim_5689:

For Acne: This acne cream is an absolute miracle. I've had acne since I was 13. I've used various creams, an ointment that was so strong my eyes watered, and finally onto tablets - nothing worked. So I gave up until I got to 25 and thought I ought to have another stab at it, then came along Duac. It's active ingredients are just 2 - benzoyl peroxide and clindamycin. My friends and family can't believe the effect its had, nor can I. I no longer get breakouts, a far cry from the huge red painful spots I was experiencing a few months ago. P.S. Duacs been out of stock recently and I had to use another peroxide cream, it didn't work and the spots came back. If you're at the end of your tether and think nothings working, try this. It's been a life saver.

November 1, 2014 8:38 AM

Review by Sian21 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Acne: I had acne really bad about 2 - 3 years ago. I tried everything I could do for about a year and nothing worked. I went to the doctor and as I suffer from dry skin too he gave me E45 and Duac gel. At night I wash my face with a gentle face wash an put my E45 on let it sink in then put Duac all over! I saw results in a week or 2 it's the best thing that's ever happened to me and I'm still using it to this day 3 years on. As if I don't use it for a month I tend to come up in spots so I use it every night. Best thing ever. Highly recommend.

October 2, 2014 7:11 PM

Review by Loubylou (taken for less than 1 month):

For Acne: Been suffering from mild/moderate acne for about a year, at 30 years old and having never really suffered as a teenager, I've found it quite distressing and upsetting. Ten days ago I gave up with over the counter creams and went to the doctors. He prescribed me Duac 5% and WOW is all I can say. This is a miracle product. After just 3 days I saw a noticeable improvement in my skin and actually woke up every day excited to look in the mirror to see how much better it was! I'm now on day 10 and my skin is almost clear, highly recommend this, only advice - invest in a good moisturizer, can be quite drying but does exactly what you want it to and FAST.

September 24, 2014 1:18 PM

Review by cat351:

For Acne: It's a miracle product and I've just learned that Glaxo stopped manufacturing in 2014! It shrunk my enlarged pores and prevents any new breakouts - best medicine I've ever used and now scared they will stop producing it. I've been using it over 8 years now. The out of pocket was a lot but it's so worth it and nothing else works like it.

August 14, 2014 3:34 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: I have had pretty bad skin for about four years now; usually just large whiteheads in my T-Zone in particular, but they seem to scar awfully and it was really starting to affect my confidence. I had tried everything and nothing seemed to work, but then I went to my doctor and he prescribed me with Duac. I have never been so thankful! In around three months of use my skin has almost completely cleared up, and my scars have faded so much! I have experienced no itchiness or burning on application; I'm not sure if this is because I moisturize before I put the product on, but I would recommend doing so.

July 5, 2014 3:49 AM

Review by Miss mall (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Acne: I was experiencing mild acne on my face. The doctor prescribed me Duac gel and it's completely cleared up my skin.

June 20, 2014 2:35 AM

Review by AmareeLewis00 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: I am 24 and have had clear skin all my life. I had to change contraceptives and got Implanon. A side effect was one to two very large and painful pimples appearing on a weekly basis. My doctor prescribed me Duac for the breakouts and I noticed results straight away. In the five weeks I've been using Duac, I haven't had any pimples. My skin was very dry in the first week but went back to normal in the second week. It has been great for my skin and my confidence.

May 28, 2014 11:55 AM

Review by Miss Anonymous:

For Acne: I've been suffering from acne for about 3 years now. I've tried so many products on my face to get rid of it but nothing seemed to work. Last month I went to my doctor & he gave me a prescription for Duac and told me to apply it every night, after washing my face with soap. It's been a few weeks now & I have really been seeing a huge improvement on my face. Although it's working, I have been getting a few side effects, such as flakiness and ichy cheeks. But I am still happy about the results I've got so far.

May 17, 2014 5:08 PM

Review by andrea232:

For Acne: I went to the doctor from experiencing mild acne, especially on my forward head. I have combination skin, oily and dry in different places. Also scaring from previous acne. The doctor prescribed the cream Duac, she told me to wear it at night before I go to bed and wash my face off in the morning. Its been a few days now and I already see a change. No new pimples are appearing, old acne clearing, and past scars are fading. It is in my opinion, very effective and quick. However, it does dry out your skin, but along as you moisturise it should be fine. I would definitely recommend this product.

April 19, 2014 8:32 PM

Review by Reg13:

For Acne: This product is a lifesaver! I use Duac at night in combination with Differin in the morning and Sumadan wash before I apply both, and it has done wonders for my skin. I broke out terribly last year (I was 15 then) with huge white heads and bumps all across my forehead and T-zone, and the occasional chin zit. I began using this in June and by the end of the summer my acne was COMPLETELY gone. Aside from being slightly drying (which is totally fine so long as you use a moisturizer 30 minutes after applying) this medicine is wonderful. I'd definitely recommend this to anyone struggling with moderate to severe acne, but don't be disappointed if it doesn't work right away like it did for me. Also, the tube lasted me forever! Almost 9 months.

March 17, 2014 9:47 PM

Review by AcneSurvivor101 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Acne: Great product but the side effects are awful! I've been using Duac for a week now and literally all of my blackheads have disappeared it's amazing! My spots have also shrank in size a lot and have almost healed and my scars are fading too. The only trouble I have had with Duac is that when I first put it on it dried my skin out a lot and made it extremely flaky and then when I continued to use it, applying it on most of the area of my face I woke up the next morning and both of my cheeks were burning, bright red and really itchy. I stopped using it for a couple of days until the redness had gone and then applied a smaller amount, but still the burning and itchy sensation has returned.

February 15, 2014 5:42 PM

Review by Mel007:

For Acne: What an amazing product. I have struggled with acne for about 10 years (now 22), my entire T-zone has always had blackheads which (although not good for the skin) I have been extracting almost every second day. It has made me extremely frustrated that no matter how much money I spend on keeping my skin healthy, it was always a temporary fix. I wanted an alternative to the pill as I was terrified of the side effects it came with. The doctor gave me Duac. I have been using this product every night (after I moisturize) and I am now on my fifth day - ALL OF MY BLACKHEADS ARE GONE. Don't ask me how! I have not had any peeling, dryness, redness or burning. There is only a small tingling sensation when applied. This is a lifesaver of a product.

February 9, 2014 10:02 PM

Review by Jodiea80:

For Acne: Prescribed by the doctor as after coming off the pill I broke out in spots. First time I used it I had a severe reaction. I felt a burning & tight sensation on my face, looked in the mirror & it looked like I had been burnt. I took an antihistamine straight away. Nothing changed after 2 hours so attended the hospital who advised me that I had received the worst allergic reaction they had ever seen.

February 1, 2014 12:24 PM