User Reviews for Duac

Learn more about Duac.

Duac Review Summary

8.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 455 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Duac to treat Acne

"Well I'm 13 years old and have been using duac for 2 going into 3 years now and straight away I noticed a difference but after a while it seems as if it doesn't work as much but I carried on using it and now( 2 years later) my acne has cleared and the only thing I have to deal with is my acne scars! Great product and I highly recommend it!"

P123321111444555 May 23, 2015

"After suffering for almost 20 years with severe acne and cystic acne. I have been on Duac for only 3 weeks and have seen the biggest change than with any other treatment I've tried. Almost all acne has gone, only cystic acne that will take longer due to being so far under the skin. It's amazing, I've not felt my skin this smooth since I was 9 years old. No new acne breakouts since being on this either. Which is amazing because I'd normally have one or two new ones every day.. LOVE this stuff"

Christieee May 18, 2015

"I'm 15 years old and I've been on this treatment for around about a year. Straight away when I started using it my skin totally cleared up within weeks. I stopped using the treatment for around about 2-3 weeks and I immediately noticed within a week of not using it my spots had came back. I couldn't get hold of the duac because there was a manufacturing problem but when I could get it again and I started using it my spots wouldn't go away. It took around 2 month to get clear skin the first time around but the second it took around 8 months. Another problem I've had with duac is about 2-4 times I've used the duac its burnt my face so I've had to rub it off and it tends do give me really flakey,dry, tight skin. Overall i think its really good"

sparkels15 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 22, 2015

"Im not one to review anything online but Duac has changed my skin completely, I had been suffering from acne since my early teens and now aged 24 was fed up and spoke to my Dr who suggested this product. my only regret is I hadn't gone earlier. My skin is now clear of acne and I feel much more confident even leaving the house without makeup something I wouldn't do previously. It does easily bleach sheets, pillows and towels though so be careful."

Georgialm March 28, 2015

"I began using duac after treating what I thought was some kind of eczema on my face with every cream known to man, from steroid cream to sudocrem, nothing was getting rid. I then went to the doctors who said I had a form of acne on a small area of my face. I've only been using duac for 2 weeks and the difference is amazing. My skin isn't inflamed or pimply anymore. I can barely even notice redness, I think it will be gone completely in another week! I would highly recommend duac for anyone with skin problems! But don't be stupid like me, go to the doctors straight away!!"

FionaM March 19, 2015

"So far it's been a good experience... I've been dealing with skin issues for the past year but it wasn't until this past month when I had my IUD removed that I had a spike in hormones (which you can imagine made my skin go insane.) My dermatologist prescribed me Duac, Minocycline and Spinoloctane. I have yet to try the two other medications yet because I read reviews that there can be an initial breakout that is horrendous or it can clear up completely in 2 weeks. However, so far with the Duac my skin has cleared up existing acne but still not preventing new ones from forming. New ones aren't forming as fast as before (2-3) every day but now it's like 1 every 3 days. It's doing a great job. SUPER drying though. Moisturize!"

AnimatedArtist (taken for less than 1 month) March 9, 2015

"I am 29 years old and a regular acne sufferer. I have comedones, blackheads, pimples which are not nice at all. So I went to visit a dermatologist just last Sep.2014 and she prescribed me Duac Gel to be use once daily at night after cleansing and been using it until now and it shows great improvement. One tube is good enough to be use for two months after opening and not that expensive. Just follow your doctor's instruction. My acne is mild to moderate and I recommend this one."

Kistina March 5, 2015

"I have had acne for most of my life. I remember first getting spots when I was 9 years old. I am 25 now. I always assumed I would grow out of it but that just never happened! Although my skin is by no means the worst you will ever see, I was uncomfortable with it. My nose was covered in tiny blackheads, where you could squeeze anywhere and pop loads of tiny spots. I have only been using Duac for about 5 days now and there is already a marked difference. The blackheads on my nose are almost all gone and the regular spots on my cheeks are much better already. My skin has been fine in terms of flaking. After the first day of using, when I washed my face in the bath loads of skin came off but other than that it is totally normal."

Geegeecake (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2015

"I got prescribed this a few month ago and I seen a difference within a week or so UNTIL I noticed how dry and flaky my skin was getting I couldn't bare it no longer as I was itch, itch and itch HOWEVER I was back to my doctors and got prescribed the same stuff only this time I am going to give it time and hope for the best results."

Jonathanjoe (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2015

"I was given samples from my GP. Started to use it after the second night I notices a huge difference. My acne caused my polycystic ovarian syndrome symptoms (I don't have it only the symptoms) started to get smaller. The redness is slowly going & I've noticed one side has significantly reduced with acne. Using it on my pores and blackhead as well and they have shrunk. Only down side is it stains bed sheets but apart from that no negative review. Hoping this works permanently so I don't need to go on Roaacutane."

ceejay-oz January 30, 2015

"Made my face really itchy and red so that I could stop scratching it, which caused the acne to spread further."

Isisd (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 26, 2015

"I didn't have bad acne whatsoever it was just random spots which kept on coming & going and I just wanted rid! I was so embarrassed to take my makeup off Infront of my boyfriend & friends because I felt so ugly which resulted in me wearing more & more makeup everyday ( which probably didn't help my skin much more ) but once I got prescribed this by the doctors it was the best ever! Although it left me with dry skin it was so good, I felt fresher and the best part was that people started to notice I wasn't bothered about taking my makeup off! I'm a 19 year old girl and it's all about makeup & looking good nowadays and spots / acne is awful to have Hope this helps!!"

Kirstlaw January 13, 2015

"I'm 15 and have been using this for just under a month. The first week it made my face really red, dry and itchy but I just used some moisturizer and hour after I put it on, or just put up with it. Now after a few weeks it does not burn or anything, pimples have cleared up so much! I have not even consistent in using it as it is the holidays but lately I have been and they are already clearing up! I have pimples all over my face, my forehead and temple have pretty much cleared, just waiting on the chin. Along with a good cleanser this stuff is amazing!"

Taylah (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2015

"I had lots of comedones and just plain old acne. The creams my doctor prescribed were no longer working and I went to the dermatologist. He prescribed Duac in the morning and Retin-A 0.1% at night. He told me Duac kills current breakouts and prevents them. Within three days, my acne was already drying up and going away. My face was pretty dry and burned for the first week so it took a while to get used to the medicine. It's been about two months now and my skin is pimple free and now my acne scars/redness is still fading. I'm very happy with this medicine although it is quite pricey ($70 with insurance for me). Dermatologist also recommended the VaniCream gentle cleansing bar to wash my face with and it's great and gentle!"

sunnycoast January 2, 2015

"I always had clear skin, then when I turned 19 my skin broke out mostly all over my chin, so many tiny "under skin" bumps and then big cystic red acne that wouldn't develop a head and took a long time to heal, after three months of my skin (chin) being completely destroyed with acne, my doctor prescribed Duac. Within a week my skin was completely clear. I did have dryness, so I made sure I washed my face with a gentle soap and an exfoliating brush in the morning and moisturized, then did the same at night before applying only a pea sized amount of Duac to ONLY my chin, where most of my spots appeared! It works amazing, but I would ensure I moisturized A LOT with this product and only use the prescribed amount once a day."

IrishGirl14 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 20, 2014

"I was prescribed this cream by my doctor and its brilliant! I've seen a lot of comments saying that it burns and it made peoples faces itchy but not everyone has the same skin. Our skin will react in different ways. But I have to say after the 1st time of using it the blackheads on my nose got smaller. I would highly recommend this cream. However it does leave my skin a bit dry and flaky but on the instruction sheet it says you can use a perfume free moisturiser or stop using it for a couple of days."

Anonymous December 20, 2014

"I started using Duac and within 8-10 days my face was completely clear of acne however when I came back to use it, it wasn't as effective as the first time."

Sozza (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 3, 2014

"All I can say is wow! Fantastic product I've had acne for about 20 years I'm 34, and nothing worked for me and at my age and still spotty its very depressing, then my doctor told me about Duac. I used it for about a week and my face went a bit dry so I gave it a couple of days and started again and now my face is completely clear and my scars have faded! If you have got acne then this is amazing! I've never been so happy with my skin and I'm getting married soon and over the moon that my face will be clear for that. "

smify (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 2, 2014

"I had a breakout of acne all over my forehead and chin, after 4 days of using Duac my skin has completely healed up and even without leaving the red marks I usually get when a spot has gone, very impressed, will not be using anything else other than Duac from now on!"

jassie1991 November 17, 2014

"This acne cream is an absolute miracle. I've had acne since I was 13. I've used various creams, an ointment that was so strong my eyes watered, and finally onto tablets - nothing worked. So I gave up until I got to 25 and thought I ought to have another stab at it, then came along Duac. It's active ingredients are just 2 - benzoyl peroxide and clindamycin. My friends and family can't believe the effect its had, nor can I. I no longer get breakouts, a far cry from the huge red painful spots I was experiencing a few months ago. P.S. Duacs been out of stock recently and I had to use another peroxide cream, it didn't work and the spots came back. If you're at the end of your tether and think nothings working, try this. It's been a life saver."

Kim_5689 November 1, 2014

"I had acne really bad about 2 - 3 years ago. I tried everything I could do for about a year and nothing worked. I went to the doctor and as I suffer from dry skin too he gave me E45 and Duac gel. At night I wash my face with a gentle face wash an put my E45 on let it sink in then put Duac all over! I saw results in a week or 2 it's the best thing that's ever happened to me and I'm still using it to this day 3 years on. As if I don't use it for a month I tend to come up in spots so I use it every night. Best thing ever. Highly recommend."

Sian21 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 2, 2014

"Been suffering from mild/moderate acne for about a year, at 30 years old and having never really suffered as a teenager, I've found it quite distressing and upsetting. Ten days ago I gave up with over the counter creams and went to the doctors. He prescribed me Duac 5% and WOW is all I can say. This is a miracle product. After just 3 days I saw a noticeable improvement in my skin and actually woke up every day excited to look in the mirror to see how much better it was! I'm now on day 10 and my skin is almost clear, highly recommend this, only advice - invest in a good moisturizer, can be quite drying but does exactly what you want it to and FAST."

Loubylou (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2014

"It's a miracle product and I've just learned that Glaxo stopped manufacturing in 2014! It shrunk my enlarged pores and prevents any new breakouts - best medicine I've ever used and now scared they will stop producing it. I've been using it over 8 years now. The out of pocket was a lot but it's so worth it and nothing else works like it."

cat351 August 14, 2014

"I have had pretty bad skin for about four years now; usually just large whiteheads in my T-Zone in particular, but they seem to scar awfully and it was really starting to affect my confidence. I had tried everything and nothing seemed to work, but then I went to my doctor and he prescribed me with Duac. I have never been so thankful! In around three months of use my skin has almost completely cleared up, and my scars have faded so much! I have experienced no itchiness or burning on application; I'm not sure if this is because I moisturize before I put the product on, but I would recommend doing so."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 5, 2014

"I was experiencing mild acne on my face. The doctor prescribed me Duac gel and it's completely cleared up my skin."

Miss mall (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 20, 2014