User Reviews for Minocycline

Also known as: Dynacin, Minocin, Minocin for Injection, Myrac, Solodyn, Ximino

Learn more about Minocycline.

Skin and Structure Infection 1 reviews 59 medications

Rheumatoid Arthritis 1 reviews 334 medications Not rated - Be the first
Trachoma 0 reviews 28 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Minocycline reviews 218 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Minocycline

For Acne: "I've been usung Minocycline 100 mg(once daily), Differen topical cream 0.3% and Clindamycin topical gel 1% for a month and my skin has improved a whole lot! I used to have acne all over my face and even under my chin, now It's just subsided a few bumps on the right side of my face. And the pimples under my chin are smaller!"

Dasia9999999 August 23, 2015

For Acne: "I did roaccutane almost three years ago which cleared up my acne entirely! It was amazing. I had the softest skin ever. Fast forward... My acne came back year ago. I could do a second course of roaccutane. Didn't want it so I took minocycline. I was very pleased with the results also. I had almost the same result as I had when I took accutane. Fast forward..My acne came full back. It's all over my chest, back and my face. It hurts like hell. I'm taking minocycline for a week no but it's making my acne worse. I can feel it bubbling and burning under my skin. I have no side effects other than a slight dizzines but it's manageble. I hope this second course of minocycline will work as good as it worked last year."

K.b. August 11, 2015

For Acne: "I have moderate acne on my face, chest, and back. My dermatologist recommended this. It definitely cleared up my face but my chest, back, neck, and shoulders are twice as bad than before. I decided it wasn't worth it and just stuck to the creams I have been prescribed."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2015

For Rosacea: "It worked for 2 weeks, Rosacea cleared up on my cheeks, but hives arrived and severe itching. Stopped the medication and a cream is being called in but hives and itching must be addressed by my Derm quickly!"

James Ez August 7, 2015

For Acne: "I kinda like this medication, im 15, female, have mild acne, i dont have a lot but its in many areas. Chest, Back, face. its summer and its not that bad but its noticable, i have been taking this for almost a month and no results at all, i just gained acne on my shoulders. i am a dancer so i dont know if that effects it. oh well it has some what helped my face but idk :("

Okiebye (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2015

For Acne: "I started taking this medication for a scalp infection/acne about a week ago. At 1st my scalp seemed to clear up overnight and I was so excited and my acne is feeling better too. However after a week the side effects kicked in and I am sick to my stomach all the time, it's weird, I have this full feeling in my stomach like I am full of liquid and the medication is floating on top near my throat. I am hoping it will go away..."

Anonymous August 1, 2015

For Acne: "I took this pill and not even 5 minutes after taking it I threw up and the pill came back up but not in pill form in some type of dust, however this is the first time in the 4 weeks I've been taking it that this has happened"

Kue (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2015

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: "I started taking this less than a week ago, but will be stopping it because of the side effects. It has helped my acne, but the side effects don't make it worth it. I constantly feel nauseous, have headaches, feel feverish, and am unusually exhausted."

Steph3312 July 26, 2015

For Acne: "I'm almost 21 now and have had acne since I was 12ish. My cheeks are scarred from the moderate to severe acne, and so is my back. Before taking the minocycline my acne was running rampage on my face and back, along with hurting my self-esteem. I was put on minocycline and Aczone (it's a topical prescription), and my acne began to clear up very quickly. Not necessarily that the scars went away, but I wasn't haven't break out after break out. Maybe I have some minor stiffness from the antibiotic, but all in all I haven't really had any side effects. Wish everyone the best of luck!"

Bluebird5190 July 25, 2015

For Acne: "I have mild to moderate acne, I was put on doxycycline at first and then put on something stronger (minocycline). I was on it for about a year and half or so. I no longer hand any refills left, my regular doctor told me she could no longer prescribe them and that I had to go back to the dermatologist. The first time I was off it I broke out like crazy, and I'm off it again and I am breaking out all over my chest and forehead. I'm still on the topical cream trentinoin. I'm hoping it's gonna go away, however, I'm afraid it's not because my skin is very oily and causes acne."

thejokerbegins July 23, 2015

For Rosacea: "I saw a dermo for what was diagnosed as rosacea and was put on every topical they had over a 3 month span. My skin got so bad from the pill (allergic reaction) and topical foam, Metrogel, Mirvasa that I was getting seriously depressed. I never had real bad skin I just got flushed in some stressful situations. Hey, I am in sales they are all stressful at the end of a quarter. The medications had me so messed up until I was referred to another highly recommended doctor. He took me off everything and put me on Solodyn. One pill a day, a little lotion, sunscreen. I am not sure if getting off the topical or using Solodyn or both was the answer, but I am getting back to normal. My NEW doctor said he could give me something for the flushing"

TXDale July 20, 2015

For Acne: "I am a 40 y.o. female, I have had acne since I was 14. I've been to a dermatologist and have tried everything from Proactiv to prescription pills, creams, cleansers, steroids and even several different antibiotics. Nothing ever worked, so I gave up. My health insurance changed at the beginning of the year (2015), so I found a new PCP. She asked me if I'd tried any treatments for my acne. I said everything! First she put me on Doxycycline, which seemed to work but made me nauseous. Then she switched the medicine to Minocycline. I noticed a difference the first week! I've been on it for 2 months now, breakouts are healed! I have dark spots where pimples were and put cream on those areas to lighten it. So happy! No more covering up with makeup"

Kchad511 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 17, 2015

For Acne: "Didn't work at all I have moderate to severe acne and this didn't work at all! Do not suggest you try it if you have acne on the face, back, and chest. Anyways hope your experience is better than mine...."

Shims July 8, 2015

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: "I was able to get my first bottle free, and the rest is covered by insurance with $35 out of pocket monthly. Yes, it is more on the pricey side, but having taken it for an entire month, I noticed a difference in less than a week. This stuff has been a miracle for me, and I finally have clear skin."

Maggles July 6, 2015

For Acne: "After exhausting ALL options, this did job. I had severe facial acne and now (3 months later on 100mg/day) I'm 100% clear. I saw a difference in the size of inflammation overnight. Experienced vertigo for the 1st month but you eventually reach equilibrium. My only concern is will it continue to stay clear. *Fingers Crossed*"

PlNKYY (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 5, 2015

For Acne: "I have had acne since I was 12 years old. My mom had it and my dad had it. I tried everything in the book but to no vail. My dermatologist put me on minocycline, aczone and tazorac. Within 3 months my face was clear and I wasn't getting new pimples. My pores were less visible and my skin wasn't oil. Then she reduced the minocycline dose to just one week during my period. It worked. And I was able to manage the acne with just topical gels. After two months being off Minocycline, my acne came back and this time it was ten times worse. She put me back on again on it but this time it never cleared my acne as best as first time around. Minocycline is good but it is just a temporary fix. I'm now going the birth control route and see how it works"

BrownEYedGirl1982 June 26, 2015

For Acne: "I was put on minocycline for my acne. About 2 weeks later, I woke up and could not move a bone or muscle in my body. I went to the doctor and they did not know what it was. My acne cleared up however, this pain in my bones was horrendous. I was told I was just stressed by one doctor, had arthritis, or rheumatoid arthritis. I am a very active 20 year old girl. It actually got to the point where it was ruining my life. I went to TEN doctors and I finally figured out myself I had drug induced lupus from forums like this which the doctors agreed. It took me a year for me and doctors to realize. I was injected with 2 cortisone shots in my buttocks and feel better but still not 100%. This drug has ruined my body. Please be careful."

Teresa1313 June 20, 2015

For Acne: "My doctor prescribed this to me after seeing my back acne and being concerned. She wanted to refer me to a dermatologist. Not exactly sure when I would be seeing them. I asked her if their was something they could do to help it for the time being. I've medication for two days taking two 100MG tablets a day. And am already starting to see some of my chest and face acne. Clear up I hope it continues to do so and helps my back as well."

Trusttheminotouch (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2015

For Acne: "I'm 16 and i had acne since like middle school and I got this new dermetalogist and she gave me these pills. At first they worked but now my skin is breaking out...I'm tired"

Nydia Hunter June 17, 2015

For Acne: "I was on minocycline100mg 1 time a day for exactly 5 weeks. the end of the 4th week I started breakout out in tiny little painful pimples all around my nose chin and forehead (places I never really had acne before) it cleaned the places I usually DO get acne pretty well though. anyways my 5th week I never told my derm this happened and he decided on his own to switch me to bactrim because he said it'd be more effective. He told me start the new meds right away. I've been on the new meds for about a week now and the breakouts in those areas have gotten worse not better. I'm so confused :( also there are some side effects my Dr never warned me about. I felt dizzy and sick if I didn't take with food, also drink lots of WATER!!"

Acnesucks445 June 5, 2015

For Acne: "I was so excited about the possibility of this helping me. But about 2 weeks in my joints became stiff and sore, it started in my neck and then went to my fingers. I feel like it's harder to type and pick things up, and I feel a little clumsy and dizzy. I don't know if it's because of the minocycline but it's the only thing that has changed. A huge bummer."

hoop1564 (taken for less than 1 month) June 4, 2015

For Acne: "I've had previous experience with Akamin 50 and it worked quite well at clearing my skin although I never stuck with it because I lost my prescription after the second repeat out of 5. 3 weeks ago tomorrow I started akamin again to clear up a few pimples I had that were pestering me, was nothing horrible and probably would consider it mild. For the first week it cleared my skin really well and it was virtually perfect. The past 2 weeks since then my skin has been getting progressively worse and is what I would say, worse than it's ever been. I always cleanse my face and do face masks. I would rather I never went on this again at this point."

JCHB (taken for less than 1 month) June 4, 2015

For Acne: "Started working within 24 hours! (2 doses) reduced inflammation of a huge deep cyst on my chin. The rest of my face seems to be clearing as well..and its only been a day"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 3, 2015

For Acne: "I've been on minocycline for about a month now.. And I've noticed a huge difference. Especially around my period I don't break out as bad as I used to. My body is still adjusting to the medicine but it's slowly showing results. If you have any problems with Acne visit a dermatologist.. It's sooo worth it! It's so much better than buying all those expensive face washes that don't work. Trust me.. I've tried everything! Good luck with curing your acne! Those are just a few things I've found work for me! :)"

Jewls2213 May 29, 2015

For Acne: "I am a 16 year old boy,I suffer from fairly mild acne.I have been on minocycline 100mg once a day for about 3 weeks now. I have noticed my acne has become more apparent as if all the spots have come to the surface however this is annoying I have read that the general theme is it gets worse before it gets better. I use Clean and Clear Advantage Spot Control Daily Wash in the morning and night I have so far not really noticed any difference with using this product however it leaves a refreshed tight feel to my face so I moisturise after using Aveeno Moisturising Lotion I would recommend this product however as it stops your skin feeling dry."

Anonymous May 28, 2015