User Reviews for Minocycline

Also known as: Dynacin, Minocin, Minocin for Injection, Myrac, Solodyn, Ximino

Learn more about Minocycline.

Skin and Structure Infection 1 reviews 65 medications

Rheumatoid Arthritis 1 reviews 358 medications Not rated - Be the first
Trachoma 0 reviews 28 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Minocycline reviews 193 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Minocycline

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: "I was on Solodyn for 7 weeks. I had borderline cyst acne and a lot of redness/PIH. Although Solodyn reduced the amount of 'new' acne that I got, and some of the cysts did end up rising to heads and disappeared (albeit slowly), the results weren't as dramatic as I hoped. I was still getting a fair amount of acne (maybe 50% as prior to the medicine after 4 weeks). My dermatologist ended up putting me on doxycycline instead, and it's been much more effective (and MUCH cheaper) than solodyn."

Alex Noonz May 18, 2015

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: "I am over 40 with adult acne for years. I had it under control with epidue for years but something hormonal happened and I had a severe break out and it was bad. My dermatologist started me solodyn 105mg. It worked immediately. My acne cleared up and my face was smooth again. But my only side affect is I have gotten really dark, I haven't read anyone complaints about getting dark so I would like some responses to my post. I don't know if its because I am a black woman. But after reading some of the posts I will start taking a lesser dose to see if that helps."

Cress (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2015

For Acne: "my family recently experienced a near fatal drug reaction from minocycline. Minocycline induced DRESS I am also an RN I cannot believe this drug is given to children for acne The Drug caused a massive immune response which resulted in a close family members systemic organ failure although the reaction is extremely rare the consequence can be fatal and has been for other children Do you really want to play Russian roulette with your child's life."

Lnrn (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2015

For Acne: "Hi everyone. I'm 18 and have been suffering from moderate acne for about 3 years now. I started using Minomycin (minocycline) about 2 weeks ago, with this tropical lotion that is widely known to treat acne. In daytime I use BB cream and foundation to cover my flaws (not sure if that's a wise choice). I have read the views that this is one of those medications that gets worse before it gets better. I have noticed that in the past two days I have started breaking out. I'm not sure if it is the medication, the cream, my daily routine or just stress but my condition is getting worse. Seems like I need to give it a few more weeks to see how it goes."

Gunbee May 9, 2015

For Acne: "I'm 20 and have had acne since I was 13. I only started on this a week ago with the 50 x twice a day. But the first 3 days I missed at least 4 of the tablets. This has caused me to majorly breakout worse than before I started. I've had to drink lots of water because I have been getting bad headaches (nearly migraines). I havent had problems with dizziness or infections. Its probably too early to be posting but hope it helps."

hobbsy3926 (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2015

For Acne: "I'm 14 and I started taking it about 1 1/2 weeks ago. At first. my acne got really bad. All of the pimples were coming to the surface. Now, after almost two weeks, I don't have any acne. Warning: Don't start taking this a few days before a big event! Take it about 3 weeks before so all of your acne will be gone. Also, don't take this if you are going to be out in the sun for a long time. I had to learn this the hard way. It makes your skin sun sensitive."

Lbb001 May 3, 2015

For Acne: "I'm a 23 years old and I have mild-moderate acne but will get very bad cystic jaw line break outs for the past 4-5 years. 2-4 large cyst (take long to heal) per month but also have few pesky pimples that show up. I was prescribed 50mg 2x day mino about 2 years ago my face had gotten very bad 2-5 cyst per week. This worked wonders for a few months then slowly got off pill, Since I was experiencing stomachs issues. 4 months ago placed back on mino 100mg x 2 a day helped in preventing largest cyst still not perfect but was happy. ****warning*** got tinnitus- TERRIBLE RINGING IN EARS!!!!!!!!!!! About 1 month into use developed this awful heart beat swosh sound in ears. Since stopping sound has completely stopped. Be careful."

Pineapplejuice222222 April 30, 2015

For Rosacea: "This is the first medicine that has gotten my face back to normal. Thank you!"

gukml11 April 12, 2015

For Acne: "I'm 14 years old and I've had acne for like 3 years now and I've been using all types of store drugs like clearasil, proactive+ more, those absolutely did NOT work so don't waste your money, my mom got me a dermatologist and they said to use cetaphil gentle cleanser & cetaphil moisturizer I use that day and night then in the morning I take minocycline I've been doing this all together for 5 days now and it's already starting to clear up its making all the under skin pimples become all heads and it's a great medicine so prefer YOU to use it."

Anonymous April 12, 2015

For Acne: "I have had acne since my teens- I am 36 now and I still would have it, if I didn't take Minocycline. I started off on 100 mg a day (50 mg twice daily) and now I am down to 50 mg once a day. I hated my acne. It is almost completely gone (I still get a few but not many at all) and it's so worth it. I haven't had any noticeable side effects. Plus with my insurance it's so much cheaper than all the skin stuff I tried that never worked. WARNING: If you are thinking about getting pregnant, get off this medicine (talk to your Dr) because it is proven to be harmful to the fetus."

t_j_r April 8, 2015

For Rosacea: "I developed Rosacea at the age of 45, and it got progressively worse over a 6 month period, changing from facial redness, to small pustules on my nose, and began to spread to my cheecks, above my lips, forehead, etc. Clindamycin topical lotion did basically nothing for me. My doctor put me on minocycline, and I began to see results in 4-5 days. I've been on it for 3 weeks now, and haven't had a single pustule, and the redness has greatly subsided."

Govey (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2015

For Acne: "I took minocycline for my mild acne for about 2 weeks with no problems. I was very happy with my results. Until I started experiencing hives. The first day they showed up on my hips, then when I woke up the next morning they were all over my body on my waist, back, knees, elbows, hands, and even a couple on my face. They itch and hurt so bad. When they showed up on my feet, I couldn't walk. I couldn't get up to go eat, my sister had to come to my room to get me dinner. My hands became swollen and puffy, with hives all over, I can barely write. I stayed in bed the majority of the day. My doctor prescribed me with Benadryl and Prednisone, which helped because I woke up this morning with some improvement. I don't recommend minocycline."

Amber67555 (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2015

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: "It took away my acne in a few days. but it made me nauseous when I took it on an empty stomach. My insurance covered it partially. But I didn't want to take it too long and become resistant to antibiotics."

Brittany Hill April 3, 2015

For Acne: "I've been on minoclyine 100mg now for 9 days and notice a little bit of a difference. I have moderate back acne that I need gone by summer. Hopefully as time goes on this gets better. No side effects which is great. I've been suffering from back acne now for 5 yrs. Anyways I also use benzole body wash. I will update again if my back acne completely clears up. Good luck to you as well!"

Playboy82 (taken for less than 1 month) April 1, 2015

For Acne: "My acne has always been mild to moderate, nothing to bad. Though in the past 2 months or so my face started getting a bit worse and I freaked out. So, like an idiot (thinking my acne was bad) I decided to use my brothers ziana for my moderate acne. I improperly used it for about a month and surprise... My face looked worse than yoh could imagine, severe cystic acne, only on my cheeks though, my t zone had a few papules (regular pimples). My back was pretty much clear and so was my neck etcetera, only my face. It was worse than the pictures you'll see if you look up "severe acne on face". So my mom brought me to and emergency dermatologist. I was prescribed Minocycline 100mg 2x daily with benzamycin at night. Face is clear in a week!!!!!!!!!"

jGraz (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2015

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: "I am 15 and have had acne since I was about 13. I have tried almost everything to get rid of my acne so when my dermatologist wanted to try Solodyn I jumped at the offer. It has been a little over a month since I have been on Solodyn and my acne is just starting to improve. For me the medication caused me to break out worse on my face before it got better so of course with anyone that has acne that's frustrating. Just stick with it and I promise you'll see improvements. I am on Epiduo as well to spot treat acne. Good luck!"

Anonymous March 20, 2015

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: "I had pretty bad acne and tried many topical creams with very little relief. Solodyn really helped with my acne pretty quick. But what I noticed is that, if I missed a single daily dose, I would start to get really deep acne within 24 hours. It was frustrating because when I was getting low on a prescription, I had to make sure and go to my dermatologist immediately. It also dried my skin out quite a bit. My advice to anyone considering it; 1) make to be very consistent with when you take it, 2) start decreasing your dose as soon as you start seeing some improvement (break pills in half but still take daily, then 1/3 daily, etc.), 3) drink lots of water and use face lotion to hydrate your skin, because it really dries it out."

Emerp March 18, 2015

For Acne: "Have been using for 7 weeks. No results."

uuughh March 14, 2015

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: "I had a cystic breakout before my wedding and my doctor prescribed me Solodyn. After a week they have all gone either completely away or almost barely there away. Love this stuff! I didn't experience any side effects."

Chicagogal06 March 10, 2015

For Acne: "so far I have been using this for almost a week and I can already tell a difference and I mean a BIG difference. I have been suffering from acne since I was about 12 and in 20 now so for about 8 years. I have always been scared to use antibiotics I always used home remedies to try to clear up my acne but I am very thankful I decided to give this a try !"

Sandy RodgueZ March 1, 2015

For Acne: "My dermatologist had me trying all sorts of different meds & after I told my regular doc, she put me on Minocycline... worked like a charm! I couldn't believe the big difference! I'm so happy with it! I'm 27 & I wish my dermatologist would have put me on it when I started going to him when I was 16!"

IAGirl (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 20, 2015

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: "I've just started this medication and so far so good. So far all I have noticed is that my pimples are coming to a head and my cysts are starting to level and also blackheads and whiteheads are vanishing. I'm on the 80 mg Solodyn and I'm guessing that's very high since most people her are on like 65 and 50 mg. I do get very dizzy, lightheaded, my stomach kills, and I have trouble focusing for about two hours after taking the antibiotic but it's a price I'm willing to pay. I have sensitive skin and I like how this doesn't make me peel as much as the previous topical medication I was on (Ziana). I'm still suppose to use it but I like the results I'm getting without it. I would recommend this for sure."

Jac G (taken for less than 1 month) February 11, 2015

For Acne: "I am 20 years old and have had acne since I started high school about five years ago. It progressively got worse the longer I had it. No one in my family had had acne when they were young so no one knew what to do other keep my face clean. I spent every morning desperately trying to cover it all up with make-up and many times failed. I wish I had come across this medication sooner because it has been a life saver. I now have the beautiful smooth skin I had as a young teenager and it's the best feeling in the world. I will never again take for granted clear skin."

kbenn678 February 9, 2015

For Acne: "I've had acne since I was 12 and at the age of 20 I couldn't deal with it anymore. After my doctor gave me minocycline, my breakouts disappeared before a full week was even up! I am almost done with my first month and have had maybe one zit in the past two weeks. I don't even wear makeup anymore."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2015

For Acne: "This has helped my acne tremendously. Especially on my face. Im 16 and have suffered from acne since middle school I was prescribed with this by my dermatologist. Along with some topical creams"

highly recommended (taken for less than 1 month) January 24, 2015