User Reviews for Minocycline

Also known as: Cleeravue-M, Dynacin, Minocin, Minocin for Injection, Myrac, Solodyn, Ximino

Learn more about Minocycline.

Skin and Structure Infection 1 reviews 71 medications

Skin or Soft Tissue Infection 6 reviews 159 medications

5.7
Summary of Minocycline reviews 272 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Minocycline

For Acne: "been on this medication for 3 weeks now, no results, useless"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2016

For Acne: "I had a very good experience with this medication, and I took it for close to 3 years with a 6 month break in between the last 2 years. Unfortunately, I developed a skin rash that would raise if anyone brushed up against me and my skin would raise if I was scratched. I developed yeast issues and eventually had to get off minocycline because while it was curing my acne, it was giving me other health issues. My suggestion is to switch medications monthly because it worked for my acne when I used it!"

kate98 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 29, 2016

For Acne: "About half of my hair fell out and I acquired drug induced hepatitis. After some research I learned that long term use of this medication will eventually lead to drug induced LUPUS. So, no, I don't recommend it. It was only slightly effective. The cystic acne I would get around my chin and mouth were not quite as "angry" as before I started taking the minocycline. Instead of deep painful bumps that would last for weeks sometimes, they became smaller bumps that would surface much faster and go away much faster, but they came more frequently. I'm 43, female. I'm experimenting with natural remedies now. Tumeric is showing promising results so far, but do your research. I'm extremely disappointed about my hair loss more than anything else."

adultonsetacne April 23, 2016

For Acne: "Be very Careful moms or dads with teenage boys this medication almost killed my son. research before trying but my advice DO NOT TRY IT. Reactions do not coming till weeks later. He only took 12 pills."

dee790 (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2016

For Acne: "don't get this unless you have very mild acne... I have moderate I've struggled with acne for about a year now. I used to be on sulfameth acne pills which did wonders but thought that I could stop taking them when I was cleared up.. I broke out again then got on this horrible medication and have continued to break out for the past 3 weeks. going back to sulfameth:)"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2016

For Acne: "Prescribed for acne, 50mg capsule once daily. Had a few blemishes I couldn't get rid of and it helped clear up a few. Experienced dizziness when first taking it then a couple days later developed small, red bumps on shoulders, it stayed that way and I really didn't see anything to worry about until the 6th day when I had a terrible swarm of symptoms occur that indicated a strong allergic reaction. I really didn't feel right when I first started taking it but no major symptoms to worry about, little did I know my body was having an allergic reaction for 6 days straight and then it became severe. I called my doctors office to let them know about the rash and they didn't contact me back in time to inform me that it was the start of an allergy"

Don't take antibiotics 4 acne April 19, 2016

Minocin (minocycline) for Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I had been suffering with localized Granuloma Annulare which started initially on the backs of my hand. I had monthly steroid injections which cleared up existing patches but then then I would have outbreaks in new areas and then I experienced a huge breakout on my right forearm. After several months, the dermatologist prescribed Minocyline and within one week, the lesions started to disappear. After two weeks, they began to fade completely with no new outbreaks. Around the two-week period, however, I did start to develop headaches but Aleve made them manageable."

OrpheusAscending (taken for less than 1 month) April 1, 2016

For Acne: "This drug really did wonders on my skin. I know everyone's skin type is different, but I used to have horrible cystic acne all over my face when I was 14 (literally no place on my face was clear). I decided to go to my primary care doctor and she prescribed me with 100 mg of minocycline twice a day for however long I needed it and a benzoyl peroxide cream. After a few weeks I saw immediate results to my skin. Eventually it got pretty cleared up with a few breakouts every once in a while. I had stopped taking it regularly by sophmore year of high school. It didn't break me out immediately, but it slowly came back all at once and now I'm being put on doxycycline. If you take a oral med make sure you stick with it!!!"

Anonymous March 31, 2016

For Acne: "I was recommended minocycline by a family docter. My acne was really bad at the time and I didn't want to wait a month to see my dermatologist because I wanted results right away since I had a upcoming school dance. I started taking minocycline around March 8th and took 100mg once a day. For the first five days my acne seemed to improve a bit and I wasn't getting any new breakouts. Around a week of using it my skin seemed to be getting a lot worse. Before taking minocycline my breakouts were always on my forehead and just a tiny bit on my cheekbone area, but I had never really had acne on my chin or mouth area. On mino, I got huge painful zits on my chin and mouth area, it hurt so much just to open my mouth. My acne has never been worse."

Gracenkaczor March 28, 2016

For Acne: "I have had acne since I was 13 when my period started. Anyway mines was bad to the point people would say what's wrong with your face. It was sad after years of over the counter drugs and acne washes like clean & clear and so on nothing worked. I decided to go see a dermatologist at the age of 26 and I was in tears telling him and just looking at my face. He put me on minocycline 100mg twice a day I saw great results in 8 months. So then I went back and he put on them once a day I'm about to be 29 in July and in still on it. My face still has minor breaks out like from falling asleep in make up and mother nature. I have to say its great I go back in may to get off."

Quitab87 March 26, 2016

For Acne: "Used to be so miserable all the time because of my severe acne. It would be the last thing on my mind before I would fall asleep and the first thing on my mind as soon as I would wake up. All the different face washes weren't working at all. Decided to tell my parents I was feeling depressed from my acne and they took me to see a dermatologist. Right away they prescribed be minocycline. This stuff has been magic for me so far, it's been about a year and a half since I started it. I have went from severe acne to basically clear, glowing skin. And another great thing about it is that I have experienced zero side effects. If you are fed up with your acne, this is your solution I can promise you that. It will change your life and confidence!!!"

c_tron9776 March 23, 2016

For Rosacea: "My rosacea after 40 flared up the worst I've ever seen small pustules started on the left side of my cheek spreading and covering my whole entire face except for my nose down to my neck and facial swelling around the eyes. All my flare-ups is always associated with itching, stinging and crawling feeling on my face. My doctor put me on Minocycline 100 MG twice a day and after 2 days I seen major results small pustules disappeared quickly and itching stop. I am a African-American with rosacea."

Cali Girl (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2016

For Acne: "I was on this medication for 2 years. Worked wonders on my acne! Then it gave me autoimmune hepatitis. Symptoms 1 st off were joint pain and abdomen pain and jaundice. Can be very life threatening. Now I have to take other medications to treat the disease and my acne came back worse than ever."

He hdjeudnxnwiamdniaka March 16, 2016

For Acne: "18 year old female. I have suffered acne since I was about 10 or 11. Got prescribed minocycline 50mg once a day in November 2014. Didn't see any difference after a month, so I started taking 2 a day, worked WONDERS! It was absolutely amazing, used in combination with Benzac, my skin was so so clear I loved it. I think I stopped taking it around June 2014 and my skin stayed clear apart from the additional break out here and there. Fast forward September 2014 and my acne had come back, worse than ever. Absolutely everywhere, and super red. I got prescribed Doxycycline which did nothing after 4 months, and my acne is still terrible. Now I'm back on minocycline, hopefully it will work again!"

Ebony159876 March 13, 2016

Minocin (minocycline) for Acne: "I never had problems with acne as a teenager or young adult. I'm 47 & I started getting terrible, very painful, cystic acne about 6 months ago. It covered the entire surface of my chin & some around my nose & mouth. I was mortified & depressed cause of these horrific awful lesions on my face. I would do everything possible to avoid interaction with people, I hated going anywhere other than home & even at home it was hard to let my man look at me. I had no clue I had cystic acne. I thought it was just hormonal changes. I couldn't take it anymore, it wasn't going away no matter what I did. I went to the doctor & he put me on Minocin twice a day & within a week my face is 98% clear. I can hold my head up again with confidence."

112268 March 6, 2016

For Acne: "Due to a huge amount of stress that has taken over my life; I have been getting extreme acne lately. I've tried everything I possibly can to rid these nasty Zits. My boyfriend luckily is completely non-judgemental, or I'd be single if I was with an idiot. My doctor just prescribed this huge bottle of orange pills. Monocycline 100mgs 3 times daily. I'm hoping there are no side effects. I will update how my recovery goes in the near future. :) let's hope for the best because I need clear skin... I'd die for it. I swear it's something in the water that causes me to break out. I do everything normally and shower almost three times per day. There's no reason I should have acne because I'm completely hygenic. Oh well... Let's give this a go! %u2764%uFE0F"

Sabrina Proskow (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2016

For Acne: "I've been on this drug once before and it really did help my skin, I only had a little red dots from scarring but my skin was smooth so my doctor told me to have a break from it for 3 months. But when I stopped I started breaking out again and even worse than before so then about 6 months later I'm back on the drug I've been on it for about a month now and it hasn't done anything to my skin, might as well not be taking it at all."

Tabitha Ryan (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 27, 2016

For Acne: "So I started taking this medicine because my acne was irritating my skin. In the beginning it worked fine and as time went by I saw my acne was really improving but as soon as I stopped taking it my acne returned, and is now worse then what it used to be. Though the spots are not as big and cystic is has spread more around my face and I now have them on my chin and forehead. I would advise you not to take the medicine as it might make your skin worse. However everyone has their own experience. I hope that it works for you and if not. I told you so. ps- If you're going to end up taking the tablets anyway then don't bother reading the reviews you're wasting your time. Good luck Amigo"

Claire.........fdffsgd February 20, 2016

For Acne: "I've been on this medication for about 4 weeks. I thought it was working really good until everyone started telling me how dark I was getting. I didn't notice it because my face was clearing up but after I while I started noticing I was 5 times darker in my face than my body. Don't take this medicine"

Kris8695 February 14, 2016

For Acne: "I'm 15 and been prescribed Minocin for the last three months as I have very bad acne on my back arms chest and face. Within the first month my arms and chest were clear. My back took a while to clear but it cleared. There wasn't much of a difference to my face but it was it a bit better. However, I ran out if them a week ago and I now have a very bad breakout on my chest and back but, my face hadn't suffered any breakouts! I'm back on then again today and hoping my skin calms down. Never suffered from any side affects. Overall very good product."

Longtineacnesufferer (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 13, 2016

For Acne: "I started taking antibiotics for my acne because of a benzoyl peroxide allergy and severe facial sensitivity that made topicals almost impossible. Started with 6 months on doxycycline which worked fantastic but made me terribly nauseous no matter what I did. Two months after, my acne came back twice as bad so I started minocycline. No side affects and it worked quickly and effectively! After finishing a six month course, my skin did get worse but then evened out and I'm now happy with how it looks. It's not a permanent fix or even a fix for everyone and you've got to stay consistent with topicals when you go off of it but you'll start to see the effects two weeks in and by a month your skin will look amazing!"

ml652 February 13, 2016

For Acne: "Be very careful with this medication as it may lead to pseudotumor cerebra which is a very serious side effect (though pretty rare) that can cause permanent vision loss. I was only on the medication from the end of November through middle of January; I was taking it twice a day. The beginning of January I started to have constant horrible headaches then tunnel vision when standing. I then started having severe head and neck pain, dizziness, my vision would go in and out and I felt an intense pressure in my head. I eventually ended up spending well over a week in the hospital, had 3 spinal taps due to very high ICP and in the end with a VP shunt in my brain with a tube to my stomach that I'll have the rest of my life."

B.b.k. (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 9, 2016

For Acne: "I was on this antibiotic when I was in my early 20's and it worked really well. My skin cleared within a week. Although I started to get joint pain and had to stop taking it. A couple of years later I went back on it and I didn't have any side effects but the doctor asked me to stop taking it because of the longer term side effects. My skin has always been up and down but 3 years later it started to concern me so a dermatologist prescribed me them again a couple of weeks Only this time the side effects were so much worse. I was vomiting and had severe chest pains, making it hard for me to breathe. I couldn't belive that the antibiotic that had worked so well for me was causing this amount of pain. So please, where you can, avoid taking them"

Hppy January 31, 2016

For Acne: "I'm 19, started this when I was 18 and within a month and a half, all my acne was gone. Very happy :)"

Ki000 January 29, 2016

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: "Cress, I am also over 40 years of age and African American with adult acne, and I couldn't find a regimen for my recurring acne problems/breakouts. I was prescribed Solodyn a couple weeks ago, and so far I like the results. I haven't noticed any darkening to my skin, however I will post again within 2-3 months to inform if I noticed any discoloration to my skin. I'm using Elta MD Broad Spectrum SPF 40 as part of my skin regimen, as advised by my dermatologist. I am not often too exposed to the sun, however the little amount of time I am exposed to the sun, the sunscreen comes in handy."

Rece January 28, 2016