User Reviews for Minocycline

Also known as: Dynacin, Minocin, Myrac, Solodyn, Ximino

Learn more about Minocycline.

Skin and Structure Infection 1 reviews 65 medications

Rheumatoid Arthritis 1 reviews 359 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Minocycline reviews 174 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Minocycline

Review by uuughh:

For Acne: Have been using for 7 weeks. No results.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 14, 2015 9:18 AM

Review by Chicagogal06:

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: I had a cystic breakout before my wedding and my doctor prescribed me Solodyn. After a week they have all gone either completely away or almost barely there away. Love this stuff! I didn't experience any side effects.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 10, 2015 5:31 PM

Review by IAGirl (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Acne: My dermatologist had me trying all sorts of different meds & after I told my regular doc, she put me on Minocycline... worked like a charm! I couldn't believe the big difference! I'm so happy with it! I'm 27 & I wish my dermatologist would have put me on it when I started going to him when I was 16!

February 20, 2015 9:44 PM

Review by Jac G (taken for less than 1 month):

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: I've just started this medication and so far so good. So far all I have noticed is that my pimples are coming to a head and my cysts are starting to level and also blackheads and whiteheads are vanishing. I'm on the 80 mg Solodyn and I'm guessing that's very high since most people her are on like 65 and 50 mg. I do get very dizzy, lightheaded, my stomach kills, and I have trouble focusing for about two hours after taking the antibiotic but it's a price I'm willing to pay. I have sensitive skin and I like how this doesn't make me peel as much as the previous topical medication I was on (Ziana). I'm still suppose to use it but I like the results I'm getting without it. I would recommend this for sure.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 11, 2015 7:12 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Acne: I've had acne since I was 12 and at the age of 20 I couldn't deal with it anymore. After my doctor gave me minocycline, my breakouts disappeared before a full week was even up! I am almost done with my first month and have had maybe one zit in the past two weeks. I don't even wear makeup anymore.

February 4, 2015 2:24 PM

Review by highly recommended (taken for less than 1 month):

For Acne: This has helped my acne tremendously. Especially on my face. Im 16 and have suffered from acne since middle school I was prescribed with this by my dermatologist. Along with some topical creams

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 24, 2015 10:16 PM

Review by bishwhet (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: I personally loved this medicine! After a few days of this my face just stopped breaking out-I do break out occasionally but not to even as much before I started taking this. I would recommend this to everyone suffering from acne.

January 19, 2015 6:14 PM

Review by Janedoe123:

For Acne: I had acne for 7 years. By senior year of high school, I couldn't take it anymore. I went to a dermatologist and he prescribed minocycline to me. I was afraid of the initial breakout, but it wasn't bad whatsoever! My acne cleared up sooooooo much. My skin was clear by the second week! It got rid of ALL of my blackheads. I took it for about 5 months. It's been 6 months since I stopped, and I still get small breakouts, but it's nothing like the acne I had before it. I love minocycline. While I was on it I looked prettier, my hair looked healthier, my skin wasn't oily, just everything about me felt and looked better. It gave me a yeast infection, but I ate yogurt...a LOT of yogurt, and that got rid of it right away.

January 9, 2015 10:28 PM

Review by Gianna A:

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: I had really bad breakouts going into college. I took Solodyn paired with a topical called Ziana. I was really skeptical because I didn't notice any changes in the first 4-6 week trial period, but it really helped me clear up after about 3 months. I'm mostly left with blemishes now which have not really improved since my breakouts stopped. I've been on Solodyn for six months now, but I think I'm going to stop because my acne feels controlled.

January 9, 2015 5:03 PM

Review by JeNerrS:

For Acne: I have had acne since I was 15. I am now 24 and still have what I consider to be moderate acne. A few deep painful ones, whiteheads, blackheads, and little clogged pores. I have been taking this for a little over a week. The redness is decreasing and my skin is feeling smoother. Still have a few painful pimples, but they seem to be healing. I can tell it's getting better. I am on 100 mg once a day, but I think I will up my dosage. I have had NO side effects...I was worried I would based on what I read. It's possible they will creep up later, but so far, nothing! I am pleased as of now.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 19, 2014 9:34 AM

Review by Asdfghhjkleuuuaaa:

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: I was taking Solodyn for about a week and a half. My acne was very moderate and it cleared up pretty quickly after taking Solodyn. But it caused a very severe yeast infection and caused me to have nose bleeds.

December 13, 2014 10:56 PM

Review by Vanitymdl:

For Acne: I've got to say this medication as helped my cystic acne a lot. I am 22 years old and have been suffering with acne for two years now. I would get cystic acne all over my cheeks and it would hurt so bad. I got prescribed this medicine and the first week my skin went through a purging phase and it was breaking out a lot, but no cystic acne. Now on my second week, I'm getting bad side effects. I'm extremely dizzy all the time, lightheaded, and confused. I don't know why I'm getting these side effects now, but I am miserable.

November 19, 2014 11:51 AM

Review by Katertot6:

For Acne: I've had acne since I was twelve and in 8th grade I developed moderate cystic acne which progressively got worse, so my doctor put me on minocycline and it totally cleared up my skin! I stopped getting cysts and I occasionally got one or two small white heads around the time of my period. I experienced minimal side effects, mostly nausea but it went away when I switched to taking the medication before bed. I've been off minocycline for about 6 months and since then been out on birth control, I noticed that the new meds break me out in cysts a lot more so I've started back on minocycline for the second time and my face is already clearer despite being on it for only a week! I love this stuff!

November 18, 2014 11:03 PM

Review by Jane_the.jammer (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Acne: I love minocycline! I used to get so many little whiteheads that it make my face look like it was covered with mosquito bites or something. The pills cleared it up in about a week and I haven't had any acne since. I don't have oily skin so the pills were great, the creams I tried just irritated my skin. I strongly recommend minocycline!

November 18, 2014 3:58 PM

Review by Miisale:

For Acne: I'm 14 years old and I have pretty bad acne which started about a year and a half ago. A year ago, my mom took me to the dermatologist to see what they could do. They prescribed me to monocyline (100mg) once a day. I cleared up in about two weeks and my skin was flawless. After about two months, my acne stared to come back. I got off the pill for about a month and resumed it only to find out it wouldn't clear up my acne anymore. I stopped using it over the summer and started again once school started but twice a day this time. It stopped breakouts from becoming as bad as they could've been but didn't give me the same result as a year ago. My acne was still bad. All I am trying to put out there is stops working after a while. Good luck.

November 17, 2014 6:31 PM

Review by Lynz b 90:

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: My acne was terrible. I felt like I had tried everything and that my next option was going to have to be Accutane (something I really did not want to try!). I tried like 4 different dermatologists before I was finally recommended to try Solodyn and within 2-3 months my acne began clearing and not coming back. I took it for about 6 months and I had a few pimples (but they were nothing like the ones I had before) and some scarring. I started slowing going off the Solodyn by taking half a pill every day and then every other day until I just totally stopped. It's been about 6 or 7 months since my last Solodyn pill and my skin still looks great. I usually will have one or two small pimples but I usually just spot treat with Epiduo.

October 22, 2014 8:34 PM

Review by Meg44422:

For Acne: I suffered from acne since a teen and nothing ever worked. At 22 I wanted to give up. I tried minocycline before and it didnt work. The dermatologist gave it to me while I wanted the month before I went on Accutane. It ended up working this time. I still get two to three small pimples a month and I still have a ton of scarring on my cheeks, but I don't even care. My face is smooth and feels amazing. I started taking 100mg twice a day but I am trying 100mg once a day to try and ween my body off so hopefully I can stop and the acne wont come back. It has been about 4 months since I started taking it. It does take time, but once it started working about the 6 week in, my face was clear.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 21, 2014 12:08 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Acne: I just started taking minocycline (Day 5) and its drying out my skin really bad! But I think that it's just drying out my pores and cysts? I'm not sure. Anyway, I am prescribed to use Epiduo gel after I wash my face and it BURNS MY WHOLE FACE because I feel like I'm missing a layer of my skin! That being said, I DO see improvements- my cysts are going down, but when I started the meds, I did get 2 new cysts, which was horrible.

September 18, 2014 12:47 AM

Review by meriel (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Acne: I LOVE minocycline. I used to have HORRIBLE acne all over my cheeks that would lead me to cake my face with makeup everyday and I hated it. Then I tried minocycline and my skin was flawless within a week. I completely stopped wearing makeup because my skin looked great. However last week, I ran out of my refills of the prescription so I had to see my dermatologist and he gave me doxycycline and I HATED it. Every time I took it I would vomit and it made my acne MUCH worse. In going back to minocycline tomorrow and hopefully my skin will clear up again.

September 8, 2014 2:51 AM

Review by Holley Hammy:

For Acne: I've been taking 100mg 2 times a day for 3 months now. It has cleared my shoulders/back/chest pretty well as well as my face being mostly clear too. It works best if you take it consistently. I am a very busy 16 year old girl with sports and school. If I skip a dosage I notice a few blemishes on my shoulders appear. If you get on this and you don't see a difference in a month, call your doctor and ask if they can up your dosage. If you follow the regulations and take it as directed, it works pretty good. I recommend it to anyone who is struggling with finding a face wash to work for them.

August 31, 2014 11:50 PM

Review by Bunny23:

For Acne: I've dealt with moderate acne for ten years. Last year, I started getting constant cystic acne on my back (one or two at all times) and some on my face. The ones on my back were really scarring. I went on minocycline for three months and I have been off of it for about three months. The cystic acne completely disappeared and has not returned. I still get the occasional pimple, but it is not cystic and MUCH less frequent than it was in the past. I am very pleased that the medicine cleared up my skin and that I no longer need to take it. Even if my acne returns in the future (I hope it doesn't), the past six months of clear skin is easily worth the time and money.

August 28, 2014 1:01 PM

Review by h2434:

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: This medicine leaves me feeling undecided and confused. First off, it made me break out bad, and in a type of way I never did before. I had huge cysts all over my back. My Dr said that it "gets everything out of your skin then clears you up." I did clear up after 4 months on it. It wasn't until the last month it improved. Problem is that it scarred me everywhere from the cysts. I never broke out on my back like that before, and it actually hurt. I'm hoping the scars become less dark. Bottom line: It broke me out bad for 3 months and then cleared up and I'm left with scars. Skin is much clearer but I'm still getting small pimples on shoulders and face.

August 28, 2014 12:01 AM

For Acne: I am a teenager and have been suffering from mild to now severe acne for a few years. I have tried so many creams and some worked for maybe a week or so and then stopped doing anything but make my skin irritated and dry. I've been on Minocycline for about 4 month now...it has cleared up my back and chest but has done nothing to my face. I still get acne on my cheeks, nose, and chin. Next step for me would be Accutane but I'm hesitant to try that.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 26, 2014 5:45 PM

Review by TinaWa:

For Acne: I have only been on 100mg on Monocycline for about a week and a half and have shown such improvements! I have had some acne on and off and for about 8 years, and it is so annoying it never goes away! I finally went to the dermatologist and begged for Accutane. They started the Procedures and said that I will need another month to get all my tests done. Since then my acne has improved a ton!! I don't even think I will need Accutane.

August 20, 2014 4:34 PM

Review by Chrisnunez55 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Acne: It works great. You will see your acne getting better very fast.

August 13, 2014 3:11 PM