User Reviews for Accutane

Learn more about Accutane.

Granuloma Annulare 1 reviews 5 medications

8.7
Melanoma, Metastatic 0 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Accutane reviews 281 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Accutane

For Acne "I am in my 5th month with this medicine and my face is flawless and I love it-but it did come at a cost. My side effects are bad - I have horrible joint pain, temper/anger issues, dry skin on my nose, chapped lips constantly and patches of dry skin all over my body... The pain in my body is my biggest complaint- somedays I can barely move, my feet and my back hurt the most with the 80mg dosage and my ability to control my temper pretty much goes out the window...but I know I'm almost done, so I don't want to change a thing. But overall, my face cleared up on my 4th month and that's all I wanted. I'm so happy on how clear it is- but I will be even happier to not be in so much pain."

Lady10101 May 18, 2015

For Acne "I was on accutane treatment for 3 months, and finally after 2 years experience trying, depression of humiliation , disappointment and despair , it finally worked out.. My skin is flawless. I'm over the moon. My friends , they noticed it and it was kinda funny cause nobody ever talk about my acne to me. Sadly, it only last for 4 months before my cystic acne come out again which was worse than before. I want to start on accutane again but I was too afraid of the side effects. Then , I found out about COD liver oil. It is basically a natural source of Vitamin A and D unlike in accutane. Now, after 1 months , my cystic acne finally cleared up! Now there's only scars. I'm telling you guys , this stuff is miracle. You should really consider it"

stargirl1994 May 8, 2015

For Acne "If anyone were to ask me what's the best way to get rid of acne, I would say accutane. Granted every person/ skin type is different so results vary for every individual, but accutane has been a wonder drug for me. From age 12-18 I had struggled with acne and had been prescribed many ointments, creams, and different brands of "the pill", I purchased off the counter brands, performed home remedies, and nothing had work. If you have had many failed attempts of curing your acne, I highly suggest to go to your dermatologist and personally ask to be put on accutane. I promise it will make you want to enjoy and embrace life instead of constantly knowing the patterns on floors and never knowing the colors of your classmates eyes."

Hulers (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 6, 2015

For Acne "The side-effects suck. I would get a bloody nose at least 5 times a day, my lips would peel and get blisters, and my arms would get rashes. But it was all worth it. Accutane is amazing. I am so thankful for it. I had acne for 6 years and I tried everything you could imagine to try and clear my face up. Now after 4 long months, I am just now taking my last pill. I go to the mirror and I don't see a pimple, scar, or even a red mark on my face. my self-esteem has improved so much. I would definitely recommend it."

Randy J (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2015

For Acne "I started getting spots when I was about 12 and it was pretty bad acne by around 15. I went on the pill and probably every type of antibiotic which each worked but only for a limited time. At 23 I realised the only thing left was accutane. NHS was slow so I went private (1 appointment - £120) and the dermatologist prescribed me 4 months of 40 mg/day (I only weigh around 100 pounds). Best thing I ever did. Only side effects I noticed were dry lips - I recommend aquaphor - and dry inside of my nose. 100% worth it and my skin is amazing and spot free now! I've just come off the medication so fingers crossed it lasts a long time. Very happy, I definitely recommend."

BbBianca April 25, 2015

For Acne "On my third month of using Accutane I must say it definitely works but the lower back & side pain is getting out of hand it's depressing because I've dealt with acne most of my life & have used everything under the sun ,but the one thing that works I can't use ...I highly recommend it but be careful with the side affects"

bumpy Johnson April 20, 2015

For Acne "If you have acne, Accutane is the holy grail. I had mild-moderate acne in high school. I took it for six weeks. It sucked my skin dry as a bone, but after that, my skin looked pristine. With the exception of an occasional stray pimple, I have not had a breakout in 15 years. There is no point in trying anything else."

l-jay (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 19, 2015

For Acne "Yesterday, my dental hygienist asked me how I got my skin so clear. I almost cried because no one has ever complimented me on my skin before. My skin was the source of a great deal of unhappiness, anxiety, and stress in my life prior to Accutane. Thank you, Accutane, for giving me back my confidence and life. As for side effects: very minimal. No changes in mood. Biggest pain in the butt was iPledge and monthly tests. I'm a very busy person, so finding the time to run out of work in the middle of the day was difficult. But so worth it. Don't focus on all the negative stories!! I wish I would have ignored the naysayers and gone on this drug years ago! Good luck :)"

Smiley2345 April 8, 2015

For Acne "I've been on accutane 3 months now. I've had persistent acne since I was in middle school and nothing has worked besides this. Right now I'll get occasional acne but it's clear for the most part. My whole body has gotten dry because of it and is often very uncomfortable. But the worst side effect are these mood swings and depression accutane has caused me. It has really effected my relationship and I cannot help it. I'm on 40 mg but it was worse when I was on 60. Even though this is a difficult side effect, I am amazed at how clear my face is so far."

Kmc01 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 14, 2015

For Acne "It is incredible. It really makes a difference to your skin. Yes it gets worse before it gets better, but once you get past the painful stage of breakouts, all you see week by week is improvement! I highly recommend it to those with severe acne. Before you know it, your skin will be perfect!"

Ashxox March 10, 2015

For Acne "I am 17 years old. Since I was 10 years old I have had mild acne. I used to cry to my mom before school at least two times a week because of my acne. I would stay home on weekends instead of going out with my friends because I was ashamed of my skin. I tried every pill and cream out there. Literally. Right now I am on my last month of accutane. It is still clearing up a bit but it is almost all the way clear. My skin was very dry in the beginning but then I started taking vitamin E and I got a dehumidifier for next to my bed which both helped a lot. My lips also got very chapped and dry but I put aquaphor on to help it. My mouth was more dry than usual but nothing severe. It changed my life and I'm so happy that I started taking it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 8, 2015

For Acne "I've been using it for 8 weeks now and my skin has cleared up tremendously. I still get a few cystic acne (my dermatologist says its normal as Accutane is working to push out all hidden blackheads under the skin) but no new whiteheads or blackheads. Skin is also much less oily. I take about 40mg a day."

scarred pus face February 22, 2015

For Acne "After suffering from persistent acne for 7 years I asked my gp to refer me to dermatology (after trying everything from my docs). I first went in Oct 2014 and was put on doxycycline. Not sure why as I already tried this from my Gp but the dermatologist was adamant not to put me on roaccutane as I have suffered with depression for years! Had my review 2 week ago and I seen a new dermatologist as the previous one had left (thank god!) she wanted to put me on roaccutane with no hesitations. Had my blood test done 20 minutes later then picked my prescription up the next day :) soooo happy already! I'm already seeing results and I'm just about going into my second week. My face is so much clearer. I would recommend this treatment up to now x"

Sam x (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2015

For Acne "Best decision I have ever made .. Previously I used to sit in my house because I was to ashamed to go out but Accutane changed my life for the better."

hsat February 1, 2015

For Acne "I started taking this medication about four years ago, stopped maybe two or three years ago. Great success, my acne vanished and I have only had acne one time since, when I accidentally used moisturizer on my face. Only side effect I had was dry skin (mostly just chapped lips), which is to be expected, but it is pretty much back to normal now."

Joe2345543 January 31, 2015

For Acne "I have been off this medication for 2 years now and I havent seen any acne. I look in the mirror and it surprised me how well it works"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 22, 2015

For Acne "I'm on my second week of Accutane 40mg. So far no side effects or initial breakout. My lips are dryer but easily fixable with Chapstick. I've been using jojoba oil as a moisturizer as well. I've had extremely minor pimples appear and then go away immediately and no scarring. So far it's been great and hopefully continues to do so!"

Floweer (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2015

For Acne "I am a nineteen year old female who has suffered with mild acne since I was about 10. I tried every cream, pill, and face wash you can imagine throughout the years and nothing completely got rid of my acne. When I was 18 my doctor recommended I try Accutane. I did a 6 month course of 10 mg a day and I can honestly say it changed my life. I would recommend to anyone who struggles with persistent acne. Before taking Accutane acne controlled my life. I would stay home just because of bad breakouts. Now my skin is flawless and I only get the occasional pimple which I can now deal with. Yes, I was dry when I was on Accutane but the end result is SO worth the 6 months of mild dryness!"

Court1111 January 3, 2015

For Acne "I tried literally everything from the "best" off the shelf products to the long line of prescription medications that my dermatologist put me on, I finally got put on Accutane after 5 years of severe cystic acne. I am currently in my second month of use and without any acne. My acne scars remain intact, however, there is not a single active zit on my face. I am very excited and would recommend that anyone with cystic acne look into it. If you're on here looking at these reviews because you're scared or unsure if it will treat your acne, I'm telling you it will! 100%"

Bri55 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 25, 2014

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Acne "Unreal difference. My side effects are minimum and I'm on 60 mg a day. This is one stop shopping. I had terrible acne--cysts everywhere. I'm 3 months in and it's almost completely gone."

Anonymous December 24, 2014

For Acne "Dried up the acne after a few months, though side effects during the 12 wk treatment included nosebleeds, peeling lips, sore feet and joints. Worth it though, still get the odd spot, but feel normal again and don't hide away from the world anymore."

lindylou northern ireland December 12, 2014

For Acne "I went on Accutane twice in my early 20's. It cleared my skin. I suffered from mild-moderate acne not extreme cystic acne. Afterwards everyone commented on how amazing my skin was. It's an amazing medicine. The only side effect I had was dry lips which I dealt with by buying Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream. Accutane has a powerful anti-ageing effect as it wipes out a lot of the photoageing you have suffered up to the point you start taking it. I am now 45 and look 10 years younger. I credit Accutane for the fact that I look so much younger than my years. It is a great medicine."

Tracey2014 (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2014

For Acne "For those suffering from chapped lips from this medication I have to recommend Dr. Dan's Cortibalm. It is usually behind the counter at your pharmacy, you'll have to ask for it. It saved my life while taking Accutane."

Tim1987 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 10, 2014

For Acne "Accutane saved my life, plain and simple. I've tried the facial burn and peel method, but only attained severe blistering and sunburn. Before that, I'd tried everything, and I mean everything. After I'd literally burned my face off to no prevail, I'd basically given up on trying to get rid of my acne. Sometime later (and after about 7 years of living with alternating moderate to severe acne), I had accepted that I was going to just have to live out my life with acne (my mom is still struggling with hers). But after trying Accutane, I couldn't be happier. If you have stubborn acne, you need to try this."

joe23 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 2, 2014

For Acne "Started it at 31, all the extra stuff that comes with the medication are SO worth it. Yeah you feel achy and have dry skin but it literally gets rid of everything. I had mild but very persistent acne since my early teens....this included body acne. I tried it all, detergents, shampoos, fash washes...nothing worked. I had very oily skin. I was free of acne after about 3 weeks of taking it. I've had maybe 10 tiny zits since then and I am in month 4 of 6."

MiracleCURE! November 25, 2014