Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Accutane

Learn more about Accutane.

Granuloma Annulare 1 reviews 5 medications

Melanoma, Metastatic 0 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Accutane reviews 272 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Accutane

Review by BbBianca:

For Acne: I started getting spots when I was about 12 and it was pretty bad acne by around 15. I went on the pill and probably every type of antibiotic which each worked but only for a limited time. At 23 I realised the only thing left was accutane. NHS was slow so I went private (1 appointment - £120) and the dermatologist prescribed me 4 months of 40 mg/day (I only weigh around 100 pounds). Best thing I ever did. Only side effects I noticed were dry lips - I recommend aquaphor - and dry inside of my nose. 100% worth it and my skin is amazing and spot free now! I've just come off the medication so fingers crossed it lasts a long time. Very happy, I definitely recommend.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 25, 2015 6:40 PM

Review by l-jay (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: If you have acne, Accutane is the holy grail. I had mild-moderate acne in high school. I took it for six weeks. It sucked my skin dry as a bone, but after that, my skin looked pristine. With the exception of an occasional stray pimple, I have not had a breakout in 15 years. There is no point in trying anything else.

April 19, 2015 9:47 PM

Review by Ashxox:

For Acne: It is incredible. It really makes a difference to your skin. Yes it gets worse before it gets better, but once you get past the painful stage of breakouts, all you see week by week is improvement! I highly recommend it to those with severe acne. Before you know it, your skin will be perfect!

March 10, 2015 1:20 AM

Review by scarred pus face:

For Acne: I've been using it for 8 weeks now and my skin has cleared up tremendously. I still get a few cystic acne (my dermatologist says its normal as Accutane is working to push out all hidden blackheads under the skin) but no new whiteheads or blackheads. Skin is also much less oily. I take about 40mg a day.

February 22, 2015 6:54 AM

Review by hsat:

For Acne: Best decision I have ever made .. Previously I used to sit in my house because I was to ashamed to go out but Accutane changed my life for the better.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 1, 2015 5:38 AM

Review by Joe2345543:

For Acne: I started taking this medication about four years ago, stopped maybe two or three years ago. Great success, my acne vanished and I have only had acne one time since, when I accidentally used moisturizer on my face. Only side effect I had was dry skin (mostly just chapped lips), which is to be expected, but it is pretty much back to normal now.

January 31, 2015 6:01 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: I have been off this medication for 2 years now and I havent seen any acne. I look in the mirror and it surprised me how well it works

January 22, 2015 3:10 AM

Review by Floweer (taken for less than 1 month):

For Acne: I'm on my second week of Accutane 40mg. So far no side effects or initial breakout. My lips are dryer but easily fixable with Chapstick. I've been using jojoba oil as a moisturizer as well. I've had extremely minor pimples appear and then go away immediately and no scarring. So far it's been great and hopefully continues to do so!

January 14, 2015 12:26 PM

Review by Court1111:

For Acne: I am a nineteen year old female who has suffered with mild acne since I was about 10. I tried every cream, pill, and face wash you can imagine throughout the years and nothing completely got rid of my acne. When I was 18 my doctor recommended I try Accutane. I did a 6 month course of 10 mg a day and I can honestly say it changed my life. I would recommend to anyone who struggles with persistent acne. Before taking Accutane acne controlled my life. I would stay home just because of bad breakouts. Now my skin is flawless and I only get the occasional pimple which I can now deal with. Yes, I was dry when I was on Accutane but the end result is SO worth the 6 months of mild dryness!

January 3, 2015 3:47 AM

Review by Bri55 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: I tried literally everything from the "best" off the shelf products to the long line of prescription medications that my dermatologist put me on, I finally got put on Accutane after 5 years of severe cystic acne. I am currently in my second month of use and without any acne. My acne scars remain intact, however, there is not a single active zit on my face. I am very excited and would recommend that anyone with cystic acne look into it. If you're on here looking at these reviews because you're scared or unsure if it will treat your acne, I'm telling you it will! 100%

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 25, 2014 9:24 PM

For Acne: Unreal difference. My side effects are minimum and I'm on 60 mg a day. This is one stop shopping. I had terrible acne--cysts everywhere. I'm 3 months in and it's almost completely gone.

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 24, 2014 4:59 PM

Review by lindylou northern ireland:

For Acne: Dried up the acne after a few months, though side effects during the 12 wk treatment included nosebleeds, peeling lips, sore feet and joints. Worth it though, still get the odd spot, but feel normal again and don't hide away from the world anymore.

December 12, 2014 4:02 AM

Review by Tracey2014 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Acne: I went on Accutane twice in my early 20's. It cleared my skin. I suffered from mild-moderate acne not extreme cystic acne. Afterwards everyone commented on how amazing my skin was. It's an amazing medicine. The only side effect I had was dry lips which I dealt with by buying Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream. Accutane has a powerful anti-ageing effect as it wipes out a lot of the photoageing you have suffered up to the point you start taking it. I am now 45 and look 10 years younger. I credit Accutane for the fact that I look so much younger than my years. It is a great medicine.

December 11, 2014 8:03 AM

Review by Tim1987 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Acne: For those suffering from chapped lips from this medication I have to recommend Dr. Dan's Cortibalm. It is usually behind the counter at your pharmacy, you'll have to ask for it. It saved my life while taking Accutane.

December 10, 2014 4:08 PM

Review by joe23 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Acne: Accutane saved my life, plain and simple. I've tried the facial burn and peel method, but only attained severe blistering and sunburn. Before that, I'd tried everything, and I mean everything. After I'd literally burned my face off to no prevail, I'd basically given up on trying to get rid of my acne. Sometime later (and after about 7 years of living with alternating moderate to severe acne), I had accepted that I was going to just have to live out my life with acne (my mom is still struggling with hers). But after trying Accutane, I couldn't be happier. If you have stubborn acne, you need to try this.

December 2, 2014 12:15 AM

Review by MiracleCURE!:

For Acne: Started it at 31, all the extra stuff that comes with the medication are SO worth it. Yeah you feel achy and have dry skin but it literally gets rid of everything. I had mild but very persistent acne since my early teens....this included body acne. I tried it all, detergents, shampoos, fash washes...nothing worked. I had very oily skin. I was free of acne after about 3 weeks of taking it. I've had maybe 10 tiny zits since then and I am in month 4 of 6.

November 25, 2014 1:04 PM

For Acne: Best thing I've ever done ! I started getting acne when I was 7 took Accutane when I was 11 & my entire face cleared up within 9 months longer then expected but I don't get any acne beside when I'm menstruating & their very minor. Only side effects were very dry skin & lips & mood swings I recommend it

November 21, 2014 3:02 PM

Review by JenniferLee78979:

For Acne: I used Accutane about 11 years ago after trying every pill and cream and going through 4 different dermatologists. I had the usual side effect (dry everything). I went 10 years with perfect skin, not even 1 pimple. It was amazing. Over the last year my skin started getting very oily again and the breakouts were getting bad. I went back to my dermatologist where she had me try a few other medicines first and then we both decided it was back to the Accutane. I am just finishing up my first month back on the Accutane and I cannot wait to get it over with! I apply Vaseline to my lips every 20-30 minutes...I keep moisturizer on me all the time and have blood in my nose almost every morning.....but I know the end result is worth it!!

November 19, 2014 1:07 PM

Review by Leila951:

For Acne: *Sebaceous Hyperplasia*, The one change I am most thrilled about is it got rid of all of my sebaceous hyperplasia (enlarged oil glands) bumps within the first week! I started getting these hard bumps about 5 years ago and 26 days ago, I had about 40 of them around my hairline and some on my chin, forehead, and cheek and my chest was starting to get super bumpy, today (day 26 on Accutane) I don't have a single bump. *Acne* As far as my acne, I am definitely having a flare up and it feels like all of my blackheads are being pushed out and so my skin feels very bumpy, but as of about 5 days ago I don't have to blot anymore and I can go 3 days without washing my hair.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 10, 2014 4:51 PM

Review by CDH97:

For Acne: I suffered severe form of acne from around 15 and after being subscribed to countless forms of antibiotics over the years (which had little or no effect), it was seriously affecting my self confidence and social life. My GP then decided to prescribe me for a 6 month course of Accutane, starting at 20mg/day. At first (months 1-2 )the improvements were small, the only effects being dry skin and lips. But then, there started to be gradual improvements from months 3-4 when I was taking 40mg/day. In months 5-6 my dosage was increased to 60 and 80mg/day respectively and the improvements were incredible. I can honestly say this medication has changed my life and would recommend it to anybody considering it!

November 7, 2014 3:44 AM

Review by EmilyMayLil:

For Acne: I'm up to my 4th month of Accutane and overall I'm happy with it. My advice to people thinking about trying it is just give it a go! You won't know until you try it, and biggest piece of advice is to know your body's limits. If you're on a high dose and for example your lips are dry enough that its affecting your daily life, just lower your dose! Easy as that. Talk to your dermatologist and tell them how you're feeling about it and they'll be happy for you to stick to a dosage that both improves your skin and keeps the rest of your body happy.

November 2, 2014 7:28 PM

Review by Rholeigh (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Acne: I took Accutane when I was a teenager in the 1980's...I don't remember any side effects . My acne was pretty bad and it cured it. I haven't had a problem since.

October 20, 2014 8:50 PM

Review by Shadall:

For Acne: I am a 38-year-old female who has had acne since I was 10 years old I have tried every over-the-counter medication possible for acne since 1986 to 2012 After years of constant painful acne, my doctor finally decided that my case was severe enough to qualify for this medicine called Accutane/Isotretinoin. There's a long list of side effects which may seem scary at first, my only side effect was minor dry skin which was curable with a good moisturizer. I completed my treatment in January 2013 and this is now October 2014 and I am still acne free, longest period in my life ever to not have acne. I was on this for approximately five months but I first started seeing results in a month. I haven't worn make up on my face since then.

October 20, 2014 3:59 PM

Review by Forever struggle (taken for 10 years or more):

For Acne: I loved Accutane. I have taken it twice. It seemed to work for me for 5 years each time. I got the dry skin. I used baby washcloths and Neutrogena oil free fragrance free moisturizer. After the first few weeks it got better though. Best acne medicine on the market! By far!

October 18, 2014 2:53 AM

Review by haplessacne (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: Hi everyone! This is my second month of taking Accutane. I am taking 40 mg doses a day, and by far I have noticed that along with my severe cystic acne, I used to have a lot of comedones (small white hard substance which if pinched comes out like a hard thread like thing) around my chin and nose area. It used to look disgusting as it gave a grainy and cactus like appearance, but thanks to isotretinoin, I am completely rid of comedones. But I still have occasional breakout and have about 8 big cysts on my face which still need to dry up. I am a big time squeezer and don't know how to stop myself from doing that. Will update after two more months. I give an 8/10 as of now. -22 yo female, India.

October 16, 2014 4:07 AM