User Reviews for Accutane

Learn more about Accutane.

Granuloma Annulare 1 reviews 5 medications

Melanoma, Metastatic 0 reviews 12 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Accutane reviews 231 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Accutane

Review by JackieRCon3: User Rating:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: Accutane is the best medicine in the world. I get every side effect known to man and this medicine only gave me the common side effects. The only side effects I got were dry skin (which was a blessing because my skin was extremely oily), dry lips, and toward the last two months my white blood cell count got low. I would recommend this medicine to everyone. As long as you eat right and are somewhat active you should be fine on this medicine. Also, most say depression is a factor but I have a family history of depression and when I was 12-15 (I am currently 18) I suffered from extreme anxiety and I had no emotional issues with this medicine. It is life changing.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 3, 2014 12:38 AM
Review by Smile face: User Rating:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: Few weeks off Accutane and happy with the results. Experienced minimal side effects. Just hope acne will never come back like before.

March 22, 2014 10:41 AM
Review by Nicole___: User Rating:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I'm on my fourth month of Accutane and can honestly say this has changed my life. Four months ago, my confidence was literally non-existent. I couldn't look people in the eye, I hid away from everyone even my family as much as I could, I hated going out in public. My acne wasn't severe or cystic but when you have pimples on your face, you feel like that's all people are looking at. After reading so many scary things about this medicine I was really hesitant about going on it. But I couldn't be happier that I did. I've experienced only dry lips, skin and eyes which is pretty easy to control with a good moisturizer. I sometimes (rarely) experience minor back pain. But its so worth it everything is worth it. I finally have my life back!

March 20, 2014 8:57 PM
Review by danyelleelayne (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I've suffered from acne for over 10 years. I went through two treatments of Accutane. It helped clear up my skin, but it didn't help clear up my blackheads. The 2nd time I was on it, my dermatologist kept me on for 8 months and it still wasn't a true success. I have been off Accutane for 2 years now. I still suffer from acne, especially blackheads. I don't break out nearly as bad as before, but it's still a struggle.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 18, 2014 12:18 AM
Review by Kwh12n: User Rating:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I'm just coming to the end of my fourth month on this medicine and it's worked a dream!! Before having this I cried every morning not wanting to go to school and every night before I went to sleep, I tried every single facial wash and tablet there was (prescribed and over the counter) Since being on the medicine my life has turned around I'm not afraid to take photos with family and friends and I only use light make up I'm not afraid to go out! I did have some side effects such as, sickness, depression, nose bleeds, joint pain, dry skin & chapped lips however the doctor dropped the dosage and now I'm back to my normal self! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

February 28, 2014 7:16 PM
Review by verla (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Accutane (isotretinoin): Since the age of 11 I suffered with cystic acne and later in life I had cysts on my face, chest, back and breasts, and inner thighs. Constant blood and drainage of pus was a regular everyday event for me. After being prescribed Accutane my life changed. Nothing had ever worked. I used every soap, cream and antibiotic known to man with no results whatsoever. My acne went away and stayed away. It was like a miracle! Later in life I was put on the generic form and was not pleased at all. It did nothing.

February 23, 2014 1:33 PM
Review by Greatending (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I was 49 when I began taking Accutane for moderate acne. My insurance company only approved 5 months treatment. My dermatologist generally recommends 8 months but I was satisfied with my results at the end of my 5 month course. I had the common side effects of chapped lips and dry itching skin. It's been 4 months post treatment and I'm still clear of bumps. I don't regret my decision.

February 21, 2014 9:50 PM
Review by Holls (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I've written a review on here a couple times, first when I had first started on Accutane and second when I was on my fourth month. I just finished my last pill last night & I'm hopeful that my face will stay clear. I still have dry lips & dry skin, that will eventually go back to normal but otherwise my skin is completely clear & I'm not scared to wear less makeup, before I would literally look like a cake face. All I have is a lot of left over marks and discoloration but my dermatologist and I have already talked about chemical peels within the next month or two. I know Accutane sounds scary for everyone who hasn't tried it & read some reviews but it's not. Acne was messing with me mentally & I was willing to try anything! Go for it.

February 21, 2014 4:12 PM
Review by sccali (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: When I was 17, I began to develop bad acne. My face (mainly around my mouth) developed cystic pimples. My self esteem dropped and I became depressed and anti-social. I tried all sorts of creams, gels, antibiotics, and spironolactone. Nothing worked permanently. I finally decided to try Accutane. I AM SO GLAD I DID! I experienced zero side effects and within 2 months my skin was completely clear. Every month my skin became clearer. A year and a half after finishing Accutane my skin is still clear. My self esteem is 10000x better than before and I no longer am afraid to look people in the eye or leave the house without pounds of make up on. I was on Accutane for 6 months and experienced zero depression.

February 2, 2014 1:35 PM
Review by Acnefreak (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I was(was feels so good) suffering havoc of acne from my 8th grade. Continued till my 12th grade, successfully destroyed my whole teen life. I took hundreds of antibiotic, Proactive, facial packs. All failed completely. Acne actually changed my personality, my image and whole life. After visiting many dermatologist, last(yes last) of them prescribed me Accutane. At first I didn't take it very seriously but after 1 month my persistent acne started disappearing. All thanks to acne, it puts a full stop to acne problem. I'm still recovering from all psychological disaster played by acne in my life.. But today I m completely acne free and confident that it will never come back. ONE Last advice, don't think and just go for it!

December 29, 2013 7:18 PM
Review by ACCUTANE IS A CURE: User Rating:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I developed acne at about 11 years old. It wasnt bad, but it got worse. At about 12-13 years old, it hit hard and got really bad. I tried everything you could possibly think of. You say it, I've tried it. But nothing at all worked. I tried things as little as home remedies to expensive dermatologist cleansers that cost over $100 a bottle. Still, nothing worked. For a while I nearly gave up hope, I was so insecure about my skin I wouldn't even dare to leave the house, let alone my room, without makeup on. I found makeup was like my security blanket in a way. I discovered Accutane and let me tell you, it is THE best thing I have ever tried. My acne is gone and I'm 15 now. I couldn't be more happier. I believe Accutane is a cure.

December 26, 2013 7:13 AM
Review by Sabuuuuuu (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I've tried so many different things like topical and antibiotics, I'm so glad I caught my acne early! I'm only on month 3 and my face is almost cleared up! ACCUTANE IS TRULY A MIRACLE PILL! I also barely have any side effects, weirdly enough my lips are not dry and chapped.

December 21, 2013 1:23 AM
Review by Alliekay123: User Rating:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: At the age of 30, I still dealt with breakouts. After trying all sorts of over the counter products that just hurt me I went to the doctor. We took the steps of prescription washes and antibiotics. Still had breakouts. So decided to try Accutane. I'm currently starting my 5th month, and I haven't had a breakout or a single pimple in over 3 months. My side effects were dry peeling lips ( nothing Carmex can't fix), dry eyes, very sensitive skin (though working in a hospital doesn't help) so far I am so satisfied with this medicine. Yes, it is a hassle to get but worth it.

December 21, 2013 12:41 AM
Review by renee22235775 u 76tt: User Rating:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I have probably been off of Accutane for a good six months or so now and I have to say it is a life changer and definitely worth your time and money! As a girl it was tough and frustrating having to get pregnancy test, blood work, and all of the appointments every month along with the online portion but it is SO worth it! I went to my doctor for a year struggling with acne before he put me on this medicine. I was upset he didn't do it sooner! Yes there may be some side effects, the only side effects I encountered were dry lips, dry face, and very sensitive skin. I have a fair skin tone as it is, so during the summer I could barely walk outside without needing to use sun screen. But I recommend this product to anyone in need of it!

December 18, 2013 10:48 PM
Review by Holls: User Rating:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I wrote a review here a few months ago when I was starting my third week on Accutane. And now I am starting my 4th month and its going great. I had mentioned a bunch of side effects before and now the only side effect is chapped lips and dry skin. My face actually feels like a face now and I can actually feel my skin instead of a million dry bumps. I did breakout only on my forehead at the beginning but it only lasted about 2-3 weeks, then I would get a pimple every now and then but now I don't even get pimples anymore. I cant even imagine how much more flawless my face can get. I hope it affects everyone else in a positive way too.

December 17, 2013 4:55 PM
Review by Mike...: User Rating:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: This is a miracle for clearing acne. I had a bumpy road but in the end it was great. Started on 20mg then bumped it up to 30mg then 40mg but the 40mg was too high and formed cysts and then he bumped me back to 20mg then worked me back up to 30mg. I was on it for 2 years but it does mess you up psychologically well me personally although I have also had a couple concussions because of sports so that could be the factor, who knows? Sometimes randomly I'll get depressed but it usually only lasts like 1 night, its weird but I do recommend this.

December 17, 2013 1:14 AM
Review by sar.xo: User Rating:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: Accutane has changed my life! I suffered from acne from the age of 14, and now I am almost 19. I started Accutane 5 months ago, and I have one month left on it. The first month on Accutane my acne started to clear up slightly. The 2nd, 3rd, and beginning of the 4th month are the most frustrating times on this medicine. My skin started to break out a lot, and I saw no improvement. I am now on my 5th month of Accutane and my skin is perfectly clear. I have no break outs, and my skin is so smooth. I never thought I would have perfect skin, but thanks to Accutane I do. The only side effects I experienced was dry lips, so I always carry a lip moisturizer on me! I am so thankful for this medicine.

December 9, 2013 3:28 PM
Review by Aavishkar Patel (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: Acne: Cleared up completely in 6 months and no acne for 6 more months. After that breakouts started again. Side effects: Mood- swings (Mild) Hair Loss (Very Severe)

December 1, 2013 2:00 PM
Review by bobba123: User Rating:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I took accutane for 1 year, and my skin became completely clear. However, after being off for 1 year now, i've noticed my pimples are coming back again, but at the same time, they're not half as bad before I took accutane. I would definitely recommend accutane to anyone who is suffering extreme acne on their face, because there are a lot of side effects, like dry lips, skin, eyes and mouth. If you notice your pimples are coming back after Accutane, I would recommend tropical creams to take away small pimples, or off the shelf products like Clinique.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 11, 2013 4:19 PM
Review by Corporal Saenz USMC (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: 1995-1996 I was in 40mg is Accutane while stationed in Okinawa, Japan. I was a Go getter soldier, but being on light duty 24/7 due to sun exposure I suddenly became depressed. I carried my depression out to civilian world when I left. Depression developed anxiety. My facial sweating was and still is profusive.. I'm 38 yrs old the oldest grandchild of 54 grand kids and the only one without a child of my own, I blame Accutane. I'm have 10% service connected tinnitus from use. And I just found out last month that I have glaucoma stemmed from the Occular opacities from use of Accutane. Been bloated ever since I left service in 1997, we are 2013. I esophagitis been scoped 21 times also colonoscopy at age 27

November 10, 2013 5:14 AM
Review by MaeveNicole: User Rating:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I had heard that so many people had success with accutane, and I especially saw the success my cousin had with it, so I was really excited. The first month I took it all the skin peeled off on my lips, and face, and I had to stop wearing contacts because it dried my eyes so bad and it made my acne the worst it's ever been. I felt awful about myself. I constantly tried to fix my hair so that it would cover my face and do anything to avoid going out in public. I looked awful. Accutane did this to me until the last month I was on it and then my face was semi clear, but once I stopped it my acne came back the same. 1 month of decent skin!? :'( Only thing that helps me control acne is SULFER *Pomada de Azufre* bought at Walgreens.

October 27, 2013 12:34 PM
Review by Liz1224: User Rating:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I was on accutane for six months and I couldn't believe how clear my skin got just in two weeks. I never had the begining breakout. Over the months almost all of my acne was gone. I used to have over a hundred bumps on my forehead and big puffy ones on my cheeks. I am now done the treatment and still have blackheads and scars on my cheeks and I'm disappointed they didn't go away because it was such an expensive hassle to go each month for appointments and blood work and making sure you pick it up in the time frame. The side effects were severe chapped lips, nose bleeds, and depression. That was the worst but I went through it and it all goes away.

October 24, 2013 8:23 AM
Review by Rosacea success: User Rating:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Rosacea: I took Accutane about 10 years ago, it was a pain to go to the lab every month so I could get my prescription but it was worth it. My skin was so bumpy and inflammed that at some points my eyes would be swollen shut from the massive bumps on my cheeks. I only took Accutane for about 3 months and I have been mostly clear since. I have only had about 2 large rosacea related cysts since and they were 1/4 the size and didn't have the pain that just made you want to cry. I'm still on other medications as it didn't completely clear up my rosacea acne but it was 80% better and I couldn't be happier that I no longer suffer from the pain of the cysts.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 15, 2013 7:17 AM
Review by Emmmmmmmaleeeeeee: User Rating:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: Changed my life. Had terrible acne all through middle school and most tretinoin creams and tetracycline medication did nothing. Although hearing from my dermatologist all of the side effects, etc., it was all worth it. My self confidence and happiness with myself has been all worth it!

September 12, 2013 10:26 PM
Review by Shaz of Brampton (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I highly recommend this treatment. I had my second child at 33yrs & for the next two years spent too much money fighting the worst breakouts I'd ever had in my life. I was at the point where I would not go out because I hated the acne marks. My doctor told me I was a good candidate for Accutane & after consulting friends who had taken it in their teen years I decided to take the treatment. No Regrets! It is not an easy process. Treatment was for 6 months. My skin and lips peeled after the first month up to the 5th and they were very sensitive to the sun. It felt raw. My joints were very tight when I woke up in the morning (like arthritis). But Worth every Discomfort. Treatment ended Oct 2011 and have been Breakout Free for the last 2 years.

September 10, 2013 9:01 PM